PDA

View Full Version : Fire Gutekunst!

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 02:15 PM
I'm forward-looking.

Red, Rut, Wist: this is for you.

Joemailman
01-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Of course this isn't the Official Fire Gutekunst Thread.

gbgary
01-07-2018, 02:18 PM
lol

ink isn't even dry.

pbmax
01-07-2018, 02:19 PM
So good. Rand, pleaser make it the Official Thread.

Bring Black Schneider!

George Cumby
01-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Mike Sherman never missed the playoffs.

Gutekunst hasn't made the playoffs once. What a loser. Fire the bum, he clearly doesn't want to win, it's about his ego, he doesn't want to cover tight ends and he's soft.

Bossman641
01-07-2018, 02:59 PM
Mike Sherman never missed the playoffs.

Gutekunst hasn't made the playoffs once. What a loser. Fire the bum, he clearly doesn't want to win, it's about his ego, he doesn't want to cover tight ends and he's soft.

Gute doesn't actually want to win the super bowl, he just wants to go to the playoffs and sit on 10 million in cap room.

pbmax
01-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Shoulda hired Wolf the Younger.

The zero number of interviews for GM he has had this offseason is a sign of his huge commitment to the Packers.

Guiness
01-07-2018, 03:19 PM
Forget fp, I'm barely on the first page of this thread!

But let me be the first to say he appears to be a stable genius. Actually, I'm going to start my own thread!

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Gute doesn't actually want to win the super bowl, he just wants to go to the playoffs and sit on 10 million in cap room.

I think he'll have fatal flaws all his own. But he will waste another HOF QB, to be sure.

MadScientist
01-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Gute has not signed one single free agent his entire time as GM. Hell, he hasn't even brought one in for a workout. He obviously doesn't have the guts or intelligence to do what it takes to make the Packers winners again.

Bretsky
01-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Shoulda hired Wolf the Younger.

The zero number of interviews for GM he has had this offseason is a sign of his huge commitment to the Packers.

Shut up man;don't be ditching Little Wolfie

I just got in from coaching girls BB

What the hell happened today ??????????

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 05:45 PM

Did you win, or are you wasting the career of your daughter by not surrounding her with the talent she needs to win?

Bretsky
01-07-2018, 05:50 PM
Did you win, or are you wasting the career of your daughter by not surrounding her with the talent she needs to win?

We won two games and lost the last one; beat 2 Madison area teams and then lost to dam Randolph. They were tough.

The Coach was horrible the 3rd game and the GM really needs to find more talent to give him a better chance....LOL

Also, we gave up over 40 points the last game so we may need to lose the DC too

denverYooper
01-07-2018, 05:58 PM
Gute has not signed one single free agent his entire time as GM. Hell, he hasn't even brought one in for a workout. He obviously doesn't have the guts or intelligence to do what it takes to make the Packers winners again.

He sits on his hands!!

Just like TT.

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 06:00 PM
We won two games and lost the last one; beat 2 Madison area teams and then lost to dam Randolph. They were tough.

The Coach was horrible the 3rd game and the GM really needs to find more talent to give him a better chance....LOL

Also, we gave up over 40 points the last game so we may need to lose the DC too

2 out of 3 ain't bad - so the song - and Mike Sherman - says.

red
01-07-2018, 07:52 PM
I'm forward-looking.

Red, Rut, Wist: this is for you.

i'm fine with it for now

i thought it should be either him or wolf

bobblehead
01-07-2018, 08:10 PM
I for one am disappointed in his tenure so far. I'll give him ONE more season.

Bretsky
01-07-2018, 08:13 PM
2 out of 3 ain't bad - so the song - and Mike Sherman - says.

It'll get us to the tourney but not to the BigShow....like the Packers :)

esoxx
01-07-2018, 08:13 PM
I'm disappointed in his name.

He needs to clean that up.

QBME
01-07-2018, 09:10 PM
You f*ckers make me laugh. Seriously.

wist43
01-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Okay, I'm onboard... fire his ass!!!

woodbuck27
01-07-2018, 09:54 PM
I'm disappointed in his name.

He needs to clean that up.

Let me see:

Brian Kunstguet ...mmmm ...Yea ...that's better.

New name and all the inspiration and a very solid 5 Year Contract and all that Flooding in Houston.

It's all good.......... so far today.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Of course they hired a White guy.

Will he be the one that sends Rodgers to NY?

woodbuck27
01-07-2018, 10:00 PM
Of course they hired a White guy.

Will he be the one that sends Rodgers to NY?

Hey Mad I hope life is treating you good. :-)

Woody.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Still kicking, breathing and inhaling man!

Hope Mae and you are still chilling at the cabin.

call_me_ishmael
01-07-2018, 11:07 PM
First move? Cut Richard Rodgers?? https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdq3zNLjOvG/

Smidgeon
01-08-2018, 12:01 AM

If so, I'm on board. It's forcing himself to get someone better. Rodgers was serviceable, but excepting the hail mary, he's a TE 3.

Zool
01-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Bring Black Thompson

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2018, 01:31 AM

Rodgers is as fruitless as an apple tree on the North Pole, but it would be unwise and uncool to cut a player with an expiring contract. Simply let Rodgers walk as a free agent, and if he's fruitful elsewhere, Pack get a precious compensatory pick.

See, like Harlan and Nutz, I'm extremely knowledgeable about football, too. :)

woodbuck27
01-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Still kicking, breathing and inhaling man!

Hope Mae and you are still chilling at the cabin.

Mad We're doing as well as life allows that. Thanks for asking.

Our two favourite Pro Sports Franchises the Green Bay Packers and les Canadiens de Montréal are sucking pretty bad at both Upper Management Levels.

It's amazing to us how one man named Aaron Rodgers and not Mike McCarthy really means to a Franchise.

That'll straighten itself out.

GO :pack: GO !

woodbuck27
01-09-2018, 07:15 AM

He's still a Green Bay Packer to this time or 7:15 CST on Tues. Jan. 9,2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Rodgers_(American_football)

It's a weak position (TE) and a high priority in this Offseason.. What do the Packers have at TE?

Lance Kendricks:

http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Lance-Kendricks/bf0fe393-a9b3-4125-b511-99226fd65b69

Robert Tonyan:

http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Robert-Tonyan/13eee3ff-b3fc-4828-af29-72c7de2efde9

Richard Rodgers:

http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Richard-Rodgers/74a4e91e-844e-42bd-973e-39b0e4644d9c

Richard Rodgers last Contract:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/richard-rodgers-14509/

Comment:

Could Richard Rodgers (2018 - UFA and Re-signed) and Jordy Nelson reappear in a better light, when Aaron Rodgers and better play calling becomes a certain high priority in Green Bay?

Also: HC Mike McCarthy felt it was necessary to dump Packer HOFer Edgar Bennett and get another OC for 2018. That (I assume) was done to shake up / improve ** a clearly slumping Offense over the last (3) Seasons.

** That decline **, has been the case, even with the enormous advantage of Aaron Rodgers @ QB. The Packers 'O' has been steadily declining since it's Hey Day back in 2011 (when it was scoring about 35 Pts/game and falling off to an average of about 25 Pts/game over the last three Seasons.

woodbuck27
01-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Rodgers is as fruitless as an apple tree on the North Pole, but it would be unwise and uncool to cut a player with an expiring contract. Simply let Rodgers walk as a free agent, and if he's fruitful elsewhere, Pack get a precious compensatory pick.

Yes you are. :-)

mraynrand
01-09-2018, 08:04 AM

Oven Mitts will return for the simple fact that they have no one else. But they'd be crazy to stand pat with that guy.

woodbuck27
01-09-2018, 09:52 AM

Where do you envision Eliot Wolf going to Bretsky?

All the say is that he's most likely history and Packers Personal Dept. as soon as he decides where he wants to leave for.

There's some speculation that Eliot Wolf will leave Green Bay soon to join John Dorsey in Cleveland.

NOTE:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/1/9/16867352/cheese-curds-packers-could-lose-eliot-wolf-after-passing-him-over-in-gm-search-nfl-2018

Cheese Curds, 1/9: Packers could lose Eliot Wolf after passing him over in GM search

The Packers want to retain Eliot Wolf, but they might see the talented scout depart after making Brian Gutekunst the new general manager.

By: Jason B. Hirschhorn@by_JBH Jan 9, 2018, 8:00am CST

I wonder if he won't leave for 'a real promotion'!?

I have to check and see what the Houston Texans have done, after Brian Gutekunst rejected that organization while on their doorstep, to accept the Packers GM Position.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2018, 11:23 AM
Oven Mitts will return for the simple fact that they have no one else. But they'd be crazy to stand pat with that guy.

Who is Oven Mitts? Rodgers? If that's the case, there are plenty of TEs out there on practice squads who can run faster than Rodgers and are more than capable of catching 1-2 balls a game, as well as block like shit.

I say sign Jimmy Graham and draft a TE in round 4.

mraynrand
01-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Who is Oven Mitts? Rodgers? If that's the case, there are plenty of TEs out there on practice squads who can run faster than Rodgers and are more than capable of catching 1-2 balls a game, as well as block like shit.

I say sign Jimmy Graham and draft a TE in round 4.

Yes, Oven Mitts is Rodgers. Why he wears those things on the field is beyond me, but he seems to have decent hands with them on.

Anyway, I suspect you are correct: Packers will bring in a FA and a draft pick at TE. Not sure it will be Graham but they have to do something immediate and future-looking.

Bretsky
01-09-2018, 10:53 PM
I AM ON BOARD

FIRE GOOTER
HIRE LITTLE WOLFIE !