PDA

View Full Version : Eliot Wolf Might Not Be Staying In Green Bay

pbmax
01-09-2018, 10:51 PM
I want to be sure there is no confusion with last year's Wolf panic thread.

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
Eliot Wolf, who is in Cleveland interviewing with GM John Dorsey today, also has an offer to join Reggie McKenzie/Jon Gruden in Oakland, per a source. That's on top of the Packers' offer for him to be new GM Brian Gutekunst's right-hand man in Green Bay. https://t.co/F3oq77Oz8p

Bretsky
01-09-2018, 11:22 PM
I think it's a foregone conclusion little Wolfie is bolting GB

A few years ago Detroit was very interested in him as their GM and we denied the interview to allow him a promotion

Then we hire the guy, title wise, below him

FREE LITTLE WOLFIE !!!!!!

woodbuck27
01-09-2018, 11:23 PM
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/01/08/cleveland-browns-green-gold-tint/

Browns front office taking on a green-and-gold tint

Cleveland Browns general manager John Dorsey is reshaping the team’s front office with a decidedly green-and-gold accent.

By Thomas Moore1 day agoFollow @Tom_RedRight88

pbmax
01-09-2018, 11:29 PM
I think it's a foregone conclusion little Wolfie is bolting GB

A few years ago Detroit was very interested in him as their GM and we denied the interview to allow him a promotion

Then we hire the guy, title wise, below him

FREE LITTLE WOLFIE !!!!!!

Another thing, turning down a Division rival for your personnel guy is standard operating procedure. Bears, Lions and Vikes have all done it to the Packers.

Bretsky
01-09-2018, 11:32 PM
Another thing, turning down a Division rival for your personnel guy is standard operating procedure. Bears, Lions and Vikes have all done it to the Packers.

Doesn't make it right iMO

I saw the Lions deny GB interviewing their DC the day before he was free but they let CIncy chat with him right away...funny

pbmax
01-10-2018, 09:32 AM
Doesn't make it right iMO

I saw the Lions deny GB interviewing their DC the day before he was free but they let CIncy chat with him right away...funny

Not funny. A bit shrewd. Why help your Division rival fill a post?

texaspackerbacker
01-10-2018, 09:54 AM
So is he staying or going? I, for one, really don't much care, as he more than the other holdovers would seem to be linked to the old Ted Thompson way of doing things. If in fact it is that way, then maybe we are fortunate that he wasn't the one chosen as GM.

We'll see soon enough - and it better be pretty damn soon if policy changes are gonna fix things while Aaron Rodgers is still at the top of his game.

denverYooper
01-10-2018, 10:13 AM
You can change it to say he is not staying:

Jason La Canfora
‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora
11m11 minutes ago

Eliot Wolf has in fact accepted the Browns offer to join their front office. He's agreed to a 4-year deal to work with GM John Dorsey

denverYooper
01-10-2018, 10:15 AM
Wolf will become the Browns' "Assistant GM"

Jason La Canfora
‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora
12m12 minutes ago

Green Bay had hoped to keep Wolf, and the Raiders spoke to him as well. He will take the title of Browns assistant GM. Worked w/Dorsey in GB

pbmax
01-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Boy does Tex get answers fast.

Smidgeon
01-10-2018, 10:54 AM
And it looks like Cleveland is building a good front office. Now if they can only get a good coach and an owner who doesn't meddle.

Guiness
01-10-2018, 11:18 AM
And it looks like Cleveland is building a good front office. Now if they can only get a good coach and an owner who doesn't meddle.

Announcement has come out that he's gone. Browns seem to be becoming Packers East. Has Haslam been meddling?

denverYooper
01-10-2018, 11:24 AM
I like Wolf but am glad he is going elsewhere for a while. Even if he likes working with Gutey, he likely has some sore feelings around GB right now that could color his attitude inside of the organization.

It doesn't stop him from coming back in 5 years with some broader experience under his belt to draft the next great Green Bay QB. I was a bit leery about his age. At 35, he would have been the youngest GM in the league. Roseman with the Eagles at 34 in 2010 and Pace getting hired by the Bears at 37 would be the closest comps as young GMs and they've had mixed results so far.

Carolina_Packer
01-10-2018, 11:56 AM

I wonder if we could have traded him to the Jets first.

woodbuck27
01-10-2018, 08:41 PM
I wonder if we could have traded him to the Jets first.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/2163/re-visiting-the-favre-trade

Re-visiting the Favre trade

Oct 6, 2010

Rich Cimini ...ESPN Staff Writer

" It was the biggest trade in New York Jets history -- Brett Favre for a conditional draft pick, which became a third-round choice. It took three weeks, from Mike Tannenbaum's first conversation with the Green Bay Packers to the night of the trade, Aug. 7, 2008. "

woodbuck27
01-10-2018, 08:44 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/browns_john_dorsey_hires_eliot.html

Browns hire Eliot Wolf as assistant GM and Alonzo Highsmith as VP of Player Personnel

Updated 6:45 PM; Posted 2:50 PM

Bretsky
01-10-2018, 09:50 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/browns_john_dorsey_hires_eliot.html

Browns hire Eliot Wolf as assistant GM and Alonzo Highsmith as VP of Player Personnel

Updated 6:45 PM; Posted 2:50 PM

Would it be crazy to say I'd trade our personnel staff with the Browns ? lol

woodbuck27
01-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Not funny. A bit shrewd. Why help your Division rival fill a post?

Yes.

woodbuck27
01-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Would it be crazy to say I'd trade our personnel staff with the Browns ? lol

It's going to be an interesting watch.