PDA

View Full Version : Official 2018 Other NFL News

Pages : [1] 2 3

pbmax
01-10-2018, 11:20 AM
Seattle is cleaning house on the coaching front:

Dave Softy Mahler @Softykjr
Here’s what I’m hearing: Not just Bevell. Per sources: Kris Richard also out as DC, QB’s coach Carl Smith leaving as well.

Joemailman
01-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Carroll is such a backstabber, making scapegoats of his assistant coaches. I've lost what little respect I had for him.

Joemailman
01-10-2018, 04:48 PM
January 14 Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that won their Wild Card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games.

January 15 Deadline for college players who are underclassmen to apply for special eligibility. A list of players who are accepted into the NFL Draft will be sent to clubs on January 19.

January 20 East-West Shrine Game, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida.

January 20 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California.

January 21 AFC and NFC Championship Games.

January 27 Senior Bowl, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama.

January 28 NFL Pro Bowl, Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida.

January 28 An assistant coach whose team is participating in the Super Bowl, who has previously interviewed for another club’s head coaching job, may have a second interview with such club no later than the Sunday preceding the Super Bowl.

January 31 Deadline for NFL clubs to try out and negotiate with CFL players whose 2017 contracts are due to expire at 12 noon, New York time, on February 13.

FEBRUARY

February 4 Super Bowl LII, U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

February 5 Waiver system begins for 2018.

February 13 Beginning at 12 noon, New York time, NFL clubs may begin to sign players whose 2017 CFL contracts have expired. Players under contract to a CFL club for the 2018 season or who have an option for the 2018 season are not eligible to be signed.

February 20 First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

February 27-March 5 NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.

MARCH

March 6 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 12-14 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

March 14 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2018 on all players who have option clauses in their 2017 contracts.

March 14 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

March 14 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2017 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.

March 14 Top 51 begins. All clubs must be under the 2018 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 14 All 2017 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 14 The 2018 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The first day of the 2018 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 14. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

March 14 The first day of the 2018 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on

March 14. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

March 14 Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

March 25-28 Annual League Meeting, Orlando, Florida.

APRIL

April 2 Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2017 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 16 Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

April 20 Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.

April 26-28 2018 NFL Draft, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX.

pbmax
01-10-2018, 10:03 PM
Seahawks dumped Tom Cable, who was less popular in Seattle than James Campen during the worst of the O line years.

Mina Kimes @minakimes
seahawks twitter looks like the ewok celebration scene right now

woodbuck27
01-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Carroll is such a backstabber, making scapegoats of his assistant coaches. I've lost what little respect I had for him.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit.

pbmax
01-15-2018, 11:04 AM
To take everyone's temperature, do you understand the mindset of a man who feels the need to pose like this for a picture? He looks like a Brand more than a coach. And that will be why this will fail.

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/004/286/260/4cd04eb3e7a31a6bd6fcecd4a562b7b2_crop_exact.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

pbmax
01-15-2018, 12:31 PM
Mularkey got fired for losing to the Patriots, after being told he was getting an extension for beating the Chiefs.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Titans GM Jon Robinson and CEO Steve Underwood told coach Mike Mularkey before the game and told him they were extended him and he was their guy. They said they'd get it done after the game. Now this.

This is the one situation I can understand the coach trying to sabotage the admin side. When they are lying bastards.

mraynrand
01-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Seahawks dumped Tom Cable, who was less popular in Seattle than James Campen during the worst of the O line years.

Mina Kimes @minakimes

The Seahawk O-line definitely laid some Cable this year. :shock:

mraynrand
01-15-2018, 01:12 PM
Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit.

no one gives a wit what you think.

mraynrand
01-15-2018, 02:09 PM
To take everyone's temperature, do you understand the mindset of a man who feels the need to pose like this for a picture? He looks like a Brand more than a coach. And that will be why this will fail.

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/004/286/260/4cd04eb3e7a31a6bd6fcecd4a562b7b2_crop_exact.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Who the hell is that next to him? Nice haircut

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3886/15083054389_763a460bf9.jpg

Regarding Gruden: I make those faces all the time and no one pays me squat. Can't turn down 100 million to grimace on the sidelines (I guess it's not known how much is guaranteed...). But seriously, who thinks Chucky will return to 16 hour days, 7 days a week after the relative sinecure of the warm broadcast booth.

run pMc
01-15-2018, 04:02 PM
Tom Cable has a good rep as an O line coach. He had little to work with the last two seasons. SEA is getting old on the D side of the ball, and if you can stop their running game they struggle. Cable and Bevell will get jobs.

pbmax
01-15-2018, 04:48 PM
Tom Cable has a good rep as an O line coach. He had little to work with the last two seasons. SEA is getting old on the D side of the ball, and if you can stop their running game they struggle. Cable and Bevell will get jobs.

Can't agree. Cable was universally loathed for doing nothing with the o line and the run game in Seattle for years. This year he had:

During Tom Cable's tenure in Seattle (2011-17), the #Seahawks drafted 4 OL in Rounds 1-2:

T James Carpenter
T Justin Britt
T Germain Ifedi
C Ethan Pocic
Emphasizing @RaidersAnalysis' point, none of the above OL have met expectations in the NFL.

In addition:

Doug Farrar @BR_DougFarrar
And these weren't players handed to Cable by the front office. Increasingly, Cable was the one making the calls on o-line personnel. He had all the advantages, and he still blew it.

Joemailman
01-20-2018, 11:14 PM
Titans hire Texans DC Mike Vrabel as their new head coach.

Maxie the Taxi
01-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Can't agree. Cable was universally loathed for doing nothing with the o line and the run game in Seattle for years. This year he had:

During Tom Cable's tenure in Seattle (2011-17), the #Seahawks drafted 4 OL in Rounds 1-2:

T James Carpenter
T Justin Britt
T Germain Ifedi
C Ethan Pocic
Emphasizing @RaidersAnalysis' point, none of the above OL have met expectations in the NFL.

In addition:

Doug Farrar @BR_DougFarrar
And these weren't players handed to Cable by the front office. Increasingly, Cable was the one making the calls on o-line personnel. He had all the advantages, and he still blew it.That's the advantage free agency has over the draft. You pretty much know what you're getting. You don't have to translate college tape to NFL tape. You already have NFL tape. Case in point: Jahri Evans.

woodbuck27
01-21-2018, 01:44 PM

Did he learn that from the BEST BACKSTABBER amongst NFL HC's, Mike McCarthy?

woodbuck27
01-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Mularkey got fired for losing to the Patriots, after being told he was getting an extension for beating the Chiefs.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Titans GM Jon Robinson and CEO Steve Underwood told coach Mike Mularkey before the game and told him they were extended him and he was their guy. They said they'd get it done after the game. Now this.

This is the one situation I can understand the coach trying to sabotage the admin side. When they are lying bastards.

That's very UGLY ! :whaa:

woodbuck27
01-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Titans hire Texans DC Mike Vrabel as their new head coach.

Karma is a BITCH !

https://madelinescribes.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/karma-i-saw-that.jpg?w=640

Tennessee is screwed.

Joemailman
01-21-2018, 03:54 PM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

The #Vikings will have to replace OC Pat Shurmur when he takes over the #Giants. Two key names they'll consider: Former #Broncos OC Mike McCoy & former #Giants coach Ben McAdoo. Both are in the mix for other jobs, too.

woodbuck27
01-21-2018, 05:35 PM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

The #Vikings will have to replace OC Pat Shurmur when he takes over the #Giants. Two key names they'll consider: Former #Broncos OC Mike McCoy & former #Giants coach Ben McAdoo. Both are in the mix for other jobs, too.

Ben McAdoo needs to take a year off to think about what he allowed to happen in New York this Season

McAdoo needs to maybe take a year off for some instruction in ZEN or it's equivalent. :-)

Joemailman
01-22-2018, 05:37 PM
Its's official: Giants hire Vikings OC Pat Shurmur as head coach.

Cardinals hire Panthers DC Steve Wilks as head coach

Freak Out
01-22-2018, 06:08 PM

Mina Kimes @minakimes

lol.

Pugger
01-22-2018, 06:12 PM
Ben McAdoo needs to take a year off to think about what he allowed to happen in New York this Season

McAdoo needs to maybe take a year off for some instruction in ZEN or it's equivalent. :-)

I'm all for MN hiring McAdoo for their OC. ;-)

pbmax
01-25-2018, 10:01 AM
RISE @RISEtoWIN
RISE welcomes former longtime NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue to our Board of Directors: http://bit.ly/2Btb939

They are already better run than the NFL.

pbmax
01-29-2018, 02:09 PM
So what is Mike McCarthy missing that he could acquire to make himself a better coach, as he is an already very good one?

The ability to adjust on the fly: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nick-foles-is-not-carson-wentz-and-the-eagles-adjusted-accordingly/?ex_cid=538twitter

FiveThirtyEight @FiveThirtyEight
Instead of forcing Foles to play like Wentz, Philly changed what it asked of its QB and receivers.

McCarthy did do some of this with Hundley, there were a lot of WR screens, but when dropping back it looked like TD then check down but with a QB who could not buy time effectively.

mraynrand
01-29-2018, 03:02 PM
So what is Mike McCarthy missing that he could acquire to make himself a better coach, as he is an already very good one?

The ability to adjust on the fly: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nick-foles-is-not-carson-wentz-and-the-eagles-adjusted-accordingly/?ex_cid=538twitter

FiveThirtyEight @FiveThirtyEight
Instead of forcing Foles to play like Wentz, Philly changed what it asked of its QB and receivers.

McCarthy did do some of this with Hundley, there were a lot of WR screens, but when dropping back it looked like TD then check down but with a QB who could not buy time effectively.

This is only partly true. The reason Philly carved up Minnesota was that Foles made all the throws, including deep passes. Hundley only did that on a few passes, and mostly in the Pittsburgh game.I don't think the buying time was so much the problem as lack of accuracy. I'm not including the final two games.

pbmax
01-29-2018, 03:05 PM
This is only partly true. The reason Philly carved up Minnesota was that Foles made all the throws, including deep passes. Hundley only did that on a few passes, and mostly in the Pittsburgh game.I don't think the buying time was so much the problem as lack of accuracy. I'm not including the final two games.

I'm not sure expecting him to beat Minnesota is the correct standard, although those games were closer than they had any right to be score wise.

No doubt he was inaccurate, but as always there are distances somewhere between a WR screen 2 yards behind the LOS and a 25 yard throw down the seam. Hundley did seem OK throwing to the intermediate middle. But his inability to get set in the pocket after he noticed the pass rush helped his inaccuracy.

mraynrand
01-29-2018, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure expecting him to beat Minnesota is the correct standard, although those games were closer than they had any right to be score wise.

No doubt he was inaccurate, but as always there are distances somewhere between a WR screen 2 yards behind the LOS and a 25 yard throw down the seam. Hundley did seem OK throwing to the intermediate middle. But his inability to get set in the pocket after he noticed the pass rush helped his inaccuracy.

I meant I wasn't counting the last two games against Hundley (or at all) because they were clearly handled differently due to the playoff picture. Can't draw an accurate picture of Hundley from those games.

I think he was both inaccurate 10-20 yards downfield and had trouble finding the open (open for GB) receivers.

But the larger point is that I don't see him having the same ability as Foles (best to best) so that modifying the game plan to fit Hundley just doesn't leave enough options to beat decent teams. more importantly, whatever adjustment Philly made, Foles still made all the throws. From my recollection of the game, they did run their short offense to perfection, but I think it would have bogged down with a lesser performance from Foles - and that Foles performance was far better than anything Hundley could muster this year.

Joemailman
01-30-2018, 09:59 PM
Chiefs trading Alex Smith to Redskins. Where does Kirk Cousins end up?

pbmax
01-31-2018, 09:27 AM
SportsCenter @SportsCenter
Alex Smith has agreed in principle to a 4-year, $94 million extension, $71 million guaranteed with the Redskins. (via @mortreport and @AdamSchefter)

Rodgers is going to get either an entire SE Asia country's GNP OR the more reasonable deal with the entire thing guaranteed.

mraynrand
01-31-2018, 10:12 AM
Alex Smith has agreed in principle to a 4-year, $94 million extension, $71 million guaranteed with the Redskins. (via @mortreport and @AdamSchefter)

Rodgers is going to get either an entire SE Asia country's GNP OR the more reasonable deal with the entire thing guaranteed.

Imagine the fallout if he acquired the Marshall Islands!

Anti-Polar Bear
01-31-2018, 01:32 PM

All that frogskins for a game manager?

Smith and Bradford have received awholelotta money for doing nothing extraordinary. But more power to them for exploiting the pig owners.

George Cumby
01-31-2018, 11:09 PM
Imagine the fallout if he acquired the Marshall Islands!

Lol

There will be nothing atoll left under the salary cap.

mraynrand
01-31-2018, 11:34 PM
Lol

There will be nothing atoll left under the salary cap.

that's what Marsahall's girlfriend said.

pbmax
02-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Next stop, no punting at all. Analytics firm in the NFL business.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/sports/football/eagles-analytics-super-bowl-lii.html

Edj’s data indicates that the rest of the league treats fourth-down calls as a novelty, going for it mainly toward the latter stages of a game out of desperation, but the Eagles have shown unrivaled aggressiveness. Not so much in their frequency of attempts (26, second in the league to Green Bay’s 28) or their success (65.4 percent conversion rate, third behind New Orleans and Jacksonville), but in their timing. Of their 26 attempts, 11 came before halftime.

mraynrand
02-02-2018, 11:06 AM
^^^

"When you have a lockdown defense like the Packers, that leads the league in 3-and-outs, there's no reason not to increase the 4th down attempts!"

"When you have a terrible defense like the Packers, who never stops anyone, and a QB who is in total command of your offense, you'd be crazy not to go for it on more fourth and shorts"

texaspackerbacker
02-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Chiefs trading Alex Smith to Redskins. Where does Kirk Cousins end up?

The question is, is Alex Smith a better QB than Cousins? I'd say yes. They probably would have had to pay Cousins about the same money.

I'd guess the most likely spot for Cousins to end up is Kansas City. I doubt they want to play with Mahomes and/or a first round draft pick starting.

mraynrand
02-02-2018, 11:57 AM
I'd guess the most likely spot for Cousins to end up is Kansas City. I doubt they want to play with Mahomes and/or a first round draft pick starting.

wtf?

pbmax
02-02-2018, 12:05 PM
tex, have someone bump into you. Your brain's needle is stuck in a groove.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-02-2018, 12:30 PM
The question is, is Alex Smith a better QB than Cousins? I'd say yes. They probably would have had to pay Cousins about the same money.

The cap can always be cooked, but the Chiefs are gonna have to do alotta cooking to fit Captain Kirk and his titanic contract under their cap. Thanks to Dorsey, KC is in the dreaded cap hell. That's why they're getting rid of A-Smith, the epitome of game manager.

Don't be surprised to see Dorsey overpay Captain Kirk. Rand's a Star Trek fan, as well as a closeted Browns fan, so he'd be jolly. :)

Cheesehead Craig
02-02-2018, 01:32 PM
I'm going with Denver. They are an absolute mess at QB. I don't think he'd want to go to the Jets or Cleveland, because why bother? MN I think is going to go with Keenum or Bridgewater. So that leaves Denver as the team with the biggest QB team where it can be turned around in a hurry. They don't have the cap space that the others do, but I think they would make the contract work.

pbmax
02-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Jerry Coleman reports that Ozzie Newsome may be stepping aside as GM and making way for Eric DeCosta.

pbmax
02-02-2018, 02:22 PM
I am rooting for no one ahead of the Packers in the draft order to get Cousins, so QBs keep getting drafted. None of these teams should be allowed to sign him:

1 Cleveland
2 NY Giants
3 Indianapolis
4 Houston
5 Denver
6 NY Jets
7 Tampa Bay
8 Chicago
9 San Francisco
10 Oakland
11 Miami
12 Cincinnati
13 Washington

He should go to Minnesota, they need more contenders to the throne.

mraynrand
02-02-2018, 02:39 PM
^ you have someone specific in mind you want to drop? Didn't see it or forgot...

gbgary
02-02-2018, 02:42 PM
I am rooting for no one ahead of the Packers in the draft order to get Cousins, so QBs keep getting drafted. None of these teams should be allowed to sign him:

1 Cleveland
2 NY Giants
3 Indianapolis
4 Houston
5 Denver
6 NY Jets
7 Tampa Bay
8 Chicago
9 San Francisco
10 Oakland
11 Miami
12 Cincinnati
13 Washington

He should go to Minnesota, they need more contenders to the throne.

yup. i want the no-brainers to be pushed back to us.

pbmax
02-03-2018, 09:23 AM
^ you have someone specific in mind you want to drop? Didn't see it or forgot...

No idea. My prognostication skills are normally bad. My draft prognostication skills have proven over time to be unfathomably terrible.

I do not understand what translates from college to the pros at all. All height/weight/speed prospects seem like crapshoots. I make fun of Madison beat writers who still believe Kevin Stemke was wronged by Packer and NFL coaches who couldn't make him a pro punter, but I am at a loss to explain why this happened.

My suspicion is that part of the problem is coaching and then salary. NFL coaches refuse to adjust except in small increments, so college coaches lap them repeatedly with less practice time and that messes up the evaluation process. Like predicting which 23 year old computer engineer will build you a good six cylinder diesel.

QB salaries make a hash out of running your QB, though that has changed very slowly. Rather than build offenses for the QBs available, the NFL prefers to change its rules to make it possible to survive 16 games as a pocket passer. Part of this is TV money and production ruining everyone's brain.

I posted two articles yesterday somewhere that I said failed to actually grasp ANY of Belichick's advantages. Did you know he asks his coaches to evaluate the previous game with players on Monday and then start work on the next opponent Monday night? Stunning, I know.

I think his advantage is that he is not tied to any specific defense or offense and is willing to change them wholesale season to season. And the guy doing the drafting knows exactly what he wants. And he can hit the sweet spot between effective and value (tiny white WRs who are quick but not fast) with regularity.

TL;DR?

EDGE or nickel DT who can pass rush like he breathes. I was hoping the Packers would luck into DeCosta or McCloughan (as uber scout possibly) so they could find the next Suggs or Preston Smith (Wash) or Patrick Willis.

Joemailman
02-04-2018, 07:02 AM
Would Redskins tag Cousins?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22315705/washington-redskins-consider-placing-franchise-tag-kirk-cousins

In what sets up as an offseason game of chicken that would markedly influence the quarterback market, the Washington Redskins will consider placing their franchise tag on quarterback Kirk Cousins so that they can trade him and recoup some of the compensation they are sending to Kansas City for Alex Smith, per league sources.

Tagging Cousins would prevent him from becoming a true unrestricted free agent, able to sign where he wants and when he wants when the new league year opens March 14, and could impact how teams approach free agency and the draft. Without a franchise tag, Cousins would be considered the NFL's top available free agent, expected to draw interest from Arizona, Denver, the New York Jets and other quarterback-needy teams.

But Washington might well want a say in where Cousins winds up, which would enable the Redskins to try to extract compensation in the 2018 draft rather than having him walk away for nothing this year.

However, Cousins still would be able to wield some control of the situation and could force Washington into a challenging if not uncomfortable situation. Washington could not trade him until he signs the franchise tag, and if Cousins wanted, he could delay signing it for weeks or even months, with the Redskins having to count his approximate $34.5 million against their salary cap.

Cousins also could tell any of Washington's potential trade partners that he is unwilling to sign a long-term deal there, dampening that teams' enthusiasm for surrendering a top draft pick for his services and holding up any potential trade.

pbmax
02-04-2018, 08:10 AM
^ Nope.

No way does Washington tie up $45-50+ million on 2 QBs this offseason. Cousins will cost $34.5 mil. Neither Spotrac or OTC have Smith's new deal in cap terms, but his 2018 number was $20 million. Even if he cut that by a third, he's still at $14 mil for the year.

There is no way Cousins helps Washington by not signing the franchise tender.

The only way this is possible is if Washington pushed ALL of the cap hit into future years. Even then, teams will wait them out. No way does Washington let Smith and Cousins compete directly in camp.

denverYooper
02-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Arizona, drafting right after Green Bay, might be in the hunt for Cousins.

pbmax
02-04-2018, 09:50 AM
Mort Reports that Scot McCloughan is now working for the Browns as a consultant.

ThunderDan
02-04-2018, 04:01 PM
^ Nope.

No way does Washington tie up $45-50+ million on 2 QBs this offseason. Cousins will cost $34.5 mil. Neither Spotrac or OTC have Smith's new deal in cap terms, but his 2018 number was $20 million. Even if he cut that by a third, he's still at $14 mil for the year.

There is no way Cousins helps Washington by not signing the franchise tender.

The only way this is possible is if Washington pushed ALL of the cap hit into future years. Even then, teams will wait them out. No way does Washington let Smith and Cousins compete directly in camp.

Remember when we thought we could do that with Flynn. Ain’t going to happen.

pbmax
02-04-2018, 04:54 PM
Remember when we thought we could do that with Flynn. Ain’t going to happen.

Yeah, its just too precious. You need a deal all lined up with someone when they know you will release him.

There is a chance it could work because teams do dumb things all the time with QBs, but you are taking an incredible chance and mucking up your cap and free agent acquisitions to get a 3rd round pick returned.

But most importantly, you have trashed your relationship with Cousins for 3 straight offseasons, including two bad contract offers and one trade for his replacement. Not only won't he help, he might sign the tender before the delivery guy leaves his driveway.

woodbuck27
02-06-2018, 10:41 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914983/article/colts-hire-former-patriots-oc-josh-mcdaniels-as-head-coach

Colts hire former Pats OC Josh McDaniels as head coach

By Austin Knoblauch NFL.com

Published: Feb. 6, 2018 at 11:02 a.m. Updated: Feb. 6, 2018 at 11:24 a.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

Now this watch can begin as well as 'the Matt Patricia WATCH' as he's become The Detroit Lions Head Coach.Why1? Just how high a factor is the presence of The Patriots Ernie Adams !? Is that presence of Ernie Adams, the reason why other NFL Teams hiring The Patriots OC and DC at the Head Coaching Position in the past, not proven to be all that positive a move.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914727/article/patriots-dc-matt-patricia-named-head-coach-of-lions

Patriots DC Matt Patricia named head coach of Lions

By: Edward Lewis NFL.com

Published: Feb. 5, 2018 at 03:03 p.m. Updated: Feb. 5, 2018 at 06:06 p.m.

Note and taken from this LINK and The Patriots Ernie Adams:

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2018/02/04/new-england-patriots-super-bowl-52-who-is-ernie-adams

woodbuck27
02-06-2018, 11:27 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914983/article/colts-hire-former-patriots-oc-josh-mcdaniels-as-head-coach

Colts hire former Pats OC Josh McDaniels as head coach

By Austin Knoblauch NFL.com

Published: Feb. 6, 2018 at 11:02 a.m. Updated: Feb. 6, 2018 at 11:24 a.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

Now this watch can begin as well as 'the Matt Patricia WATCH' as he's become The Detroit Lions Head Coach.Why1? Just how high a factor is the presence of The Patriots Ernie Adams !? Is that presence of Ernie Adams, the reason why other NFL Teams hiring The Patriots OC and DC at the Head Coaching Position in the past, not proven to be all that positive a move.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914727/article/patriots-dc-matt-patricia-named-head-coach-of-lions

Patriots DC Matt Patricia named head coach of Lions

By: Edward Lewis NFL.com

Published: Feb. 5, 2018 at 03:03 p.m. Updated: Feb. 5, 2018 at 06:06 p.m.

Note and taken from this LINK and The Patriots Ernie Adams:

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2018/02/04/new-england-patriots-super-bowl-52-who-is-ernie-adams

Also in terms of the Colts and Lions new hires at the Head Coach Position or respectively former Pats OC Josh McDaniels and Pats DC Matt Patricia:

http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2018/02/the-secret-of-bill-belichick.html

The secret of Bill Belichick ... SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 04, 2018

" ... (Bill) Belichick is the leader and the tactical genius, and (Ernie) Adams - New England Patriots
Position:Football research director is the strategic brain.

He is a statistics quant who "helps the coaching staff" by writing the weekly game plans which Belichick then implements. In game development terms, Adams is the designer and Belichick is the producer. That's how the Patriots are able to completely change their style from week to week. That's also why it has almost been irrelevant who has been serving as offensive or defensive coordinator over the years, and why very successful OCs and DCs have struggled after leaving New England...."

Ernie Adams:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Adams_(American_football)

woodbuck27
02-06-2018, 01:37 PM
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/2/3/16959826/patriots-coaches-josh-mcdaniels-matt-patricia-colts-lions-head-coaches-super-bowl

What’s next for the Patriots after losing top assistants to Colts and Lions head coach jobs?

Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels are leaving town, but the Patriots have a contingency in place.

By: Christian D'Andrea@TrainIsland Feb 3, 2018, 9:30am EST

: The two successful coordinators will have to fight history in order to prove Bill Belichick’s coaching tree can bear fruit. Patriot assistants have typically been unsuccessful after being promoted to lead their own franchises. Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Eric Mangini, Bill O’Brien, and McDaniels have combined for a 98-152 record as head coaches — a win rate that doesn’t even hit 40 percent. " Fr. Article

Please hit the LINK for the rest of this story.

call_me_ishmael
02-06-2018, 03:15 PM
I think Cousins will end up in Jax, which will bode well for the Packers. Either way, I think people will get QB crazy and the big 4 (not sure what order they're in yet) will already be picked and somebody will trade up with GB for the 5th QB. I would have zero problem moving down for another 2nd and 3rd.

woodbuck27
02-06-2018, 06:52 PM
NEWS Flash :

Josh McDaniels has gotten cold feet with Indy and will remain as OC for the NE Patriots.

More

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

È In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with Josh McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice him to remain in New England, per sources. Bill Belichick has his OC back. È

4:39 PM - 6 Feb 2018

woodbuck27
02-06-2018, 06:58 PM
I think Cousins will end up in Jax, which will bode well for the Packers. Either way, I think people will get QB crazy and the big 4 (not sure what order they're in yet) will already be picked and somebody will trade up with GB for the 5th QB. I would have zero problem moving down for another 2nd and 3rd.

Maybe? your correct but:

Blake Bortles was looking good for Jacksonville this Season and progressing as the Season went along. He looked very decent in the Playoffs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Bortles

Teamcheez1
02-06-2018, 07:09 PM
NEWS Flash :

Josh McDaniels has gotten cold feet with Indy and will remain as OC for the NE Patriots.

More

È In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with Josh McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice him to remain in New England, per sources. Bill Belichick has his OC back. È

Stay with the Patriots for another year or two, or go to the dumpster fire Colts with crazy owner? I can see why he got cold feet and stayed put.

Bossman641
02-06-2018, 07:10 PM
What a douche move from McDaniels. The pats sure are classy.

pbmax
02-06-2018, 07:52 PM
What a douche move from McDaniels. The pats sure are classy.

He's apparently left a bunch of assistant coaches in a lurch.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
The Colts' assistants you've seen reported (e.g. Matt Eberflus as DC) have signed contracts and have been in the team's building, sources say. Indications are they'll still be with the team, albeit under a different HC than McDaniels.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Mike Garafolo
Not only that, but Josh McDaniels was calling assistants earlier today and offering them jobs. No more.

So what caused Robert Kraft to open up the wallet, or guarantee hoody-elect status? Did Bill tell Kraft he's gone in two years? Is Bill just scamming Josh by dangling successor status?

Stay tuned!

denverYooper
02-06-2018, 08:07 PM
He's apparently left a bunch of assistant coaches in a lurch.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
The Colts' assistants you've seen reported (e.g. Matt Eberflus as DC) have signed contracts and have been in the team's building, sources say. Indications are they'll still be with the team, albeit under a different HC than McDaniels.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Mike Garafolo
Not only that, but Josh McDaniels was calling assistants earlier today and offering them jobs. No more.

So what caused Robert Kraft to open up the wallet, or guarantee hoody-elect status? Did Bill tell Kraft he's gone in two years? Is Bill just scamming Josh by dangling successor status?

Stay tuned!

He's almost certainly given some kind of succession guarantee because I can't imagine he'd get another serious shot elsewhere any time soon. His first stint as HC in Denver was a disaster on several levels and the image he crafted here was that of a pompous ass. Now this, backing out of a contract to coach a team after he'd agreed to terms and started hiring staff.

pbmax
02-06-2018, 08:12 PM
He's almost certainly given some kind of succession guarantee because I can't imagine he'd get another serious shot elsewhere any time soon. His first stint as HC in Denver was a disaster on several levels and the image he crafted here was that of a pompous ass. Now this, backing out of a contract to coach a team after he'd agreed to terms and started hiring staff.

I agree. Has to be.

Which is why I am hoping Hoody Sr. is playing him :lol:

Joemailman
02-06-2018, 08:32 PM
Maybe he realized Patriots are on Colts schedule last year.

hoosier
02-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Another possibility: McDaniels really was serious about giving it some thought before committing to Indy. He went home, slept on it, and had an unspeakable nightmare about sharing a two-story house with Robert Irsay, his mistress and a Somoan lawyer. End of deliberations.

call_me_ishmael
02-07-2018, 12:26 AM
Could it be something related to Andy Luck's injury? I agree this is really weird and doesn't reflect well on him.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-07-2018, 01:58 AM
If you want j-mac to coach your team, throw in the gm title also.

The good normal Belichickist desires to utilize Belichickism in a Belichickish environment.

woodbuck27
02-07-2018, 06:54 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758104-josh-mcdaniels-reportedly-wont-accept-colts-hc-job-will-stay-with-patriots

" Schefter and Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reported the Patriots sweetened McDaniels' contract and that his family also played a factor in him staying in New England. The 41-year-old Ohio native has previously cited his family as a reason for remaining with the Patriots, and the team also reportedly clarified that Belichick would return for the 2018 season, per Reiss."

Comment woodbuck27:

This is hardly an unusual or dramatic move on behalf of Josh McDaniels.

1. Wifey and the Kids didn't want to move to Indy. Wifey is really SMART.

2. Josh McDaniels is simply a Man who 'knows which side of his bread is buttered'.

3. Indy looks a lot like Denver in terms of the future and success.

4. Indy and Andrew Luck Vs New England and Tom Brady.

5. New England! Vs Indy? An easy decision based on which organization has a Record of Winning and Success.

Write all of them down on a piece of paper and fold them over and toss all of them into a hat and one by one draw them out and read each.

What man not named ( #&^!^+ ) is moving?

http://image.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/giants_impact/photo/ben-mcadoojpg-80de7986aded9494.jpg

hoosier
02-07-2018, 07:12 AM

The good normal Belichickist desires to utilize Belichickism in a Belichickish environment.

Oooh, brilliant idea! In his last gig McDaniels showed himself to be inept as a head coach so let's promote him beyond the level of his incompetence. We'll call it the Peter2 principle!

woodbuck27
02-07-2018, 07:25 AM
Oooh, brilliant idea! In his last gig McDaniels showed himself to be inept as a head coach so let's promote him beyond the level of his incompetence. We'll call it the Peter2 principle!

People do learn and grow (hopefully).

Putting Josh McDaniels down, based on any past failure is like putting yourself down.

I prefer to look at it realistically:

For Josh McDaniels New England is like that FREE, 'all expense paid' trip to anywhere in the world 'four not three week' annual vacation.

Do you give that up?

Anti-Polar Bear
02-07-2018, 08:31 AM

Belichick himself went 36–44 in his first gig with the Browns. That failure did not prevent Ole Bill from becoming the GOAT.

J-Mac holds PhDs in Belichickology and Belichickism.

J-Mac failed in Denver mainly b/c he was an arrogant motherfucker. First day on the job, he called Cutler in and demeaned the gunslinger with an arrogance that would make the current fishmonger in the White House proud.

Was Cutler Canton-bound? Nope. But in a QB-plagued league, Cutler for Orton was an obvious downgrade. Had J-Mac sought to tame Cutler instead, ala Favre and Holmgren, he might still be in Denver today.

Regardless, the Denver debacle has humbled J-Mac. Give him another chance to run the entire shebang and he will rock the world like Coldplay.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-07-2018, 08:48 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758104-josh-mcdaniels-reportedly-wont-accept-colts-hc-job-will-stay-with-patriots

" Schefter and Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reported the Patriots sweetened McDaniels' contract and that his family also played a factor in him staying in New England. The 41-year-old Ohio native has previously cited his family as a reason for remaining with the Patriots, and the team also reportedly clarified that Belichick would return for the 2018 season, per Reiss."

Comment woodbuck27:

This is hardly an unusual or dramatic move on behalf of Josh McDaniels.

1. Wifey and the Kids didn't want to move to Indy. Wifey is really SMART.

2. Josh McDaniels is simply a Man who 'knows which side of his bread is buttered'.

3. Indy looks a lot like Denver in terms of the future and success.

4. Indy and Andrew Luck Vs New England and Tom Brady.

5. New England! Vs Indy? An easy decision based on which organization has a Record of Winning and Success.

Write all of them down on a piece of paper and fold them over and toss all of them into a hat and one by one draw them out and read each.

What man not named ( #&^!^+ ) is moving?

Good post.

But I'm guessing J-Mac would've taken the Indy job on the spot had Irsay also offered the GM title. It's no secret that J-Mac wants to run the entire shebang like Ole Bill. And Luck, when he's healthy, he's a damn good quarterback.

Then there's also the Kraft factor. Apparently, Kraft is still bitter about the Deflatgate ordeal. He's probably like, "I'll pay J-Mac more than what he would've made in Indy as HC just to fuck up the Colts for fucking with us."

pbmax
02-07-2018, 09:08 AM
Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
Source close to situation says clarity on Bill Belichick's status in New England (Belichick is locked in to coach Patriots in 2018) and stability for family among top factors for Josh McDaniels' sudden change.

The family thing is almost always a dodge. So this means as of right now, Hoody the Smaller thinks he is the heir apparent.

woodbuck27
02-07-2018, 10:14 AM
Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
Source close to situation says clarity on Bill Belichick's status in New England (Belichick is locked in to coach Patriots in 2018) and stability for family among top factors for Josh McDaniels' sudden change.

The family thing is almost always a dodge. So this means as of right now, Hoody the Smaller thinks he is the heir apparent.

That's exactly it. This is all the talk this morn on the NFL Network.

Giving Josh McDaniels more money wasn't going to keep him in New England.

Certainly, 'a hand shake offer'. that he'll eventually replace Bill Belichick, would do the trick, and that coupled with satisfying his Wife's and Childrens desires to not make another move was 'the one' that led to ' ** that two'.

** That two:

Again ... being the HC of an organization that he's in all likelihood now permanently married to; as what other NFL Team now will seriously offer him a HC Position?

Joemailman
02-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Is replacing Belichick a good job to have? Seems like Mission Impossible. Brady may well be gone too. I think he would have been better off in Indy with a 28-year-old Andrew Luck.

beveaux1
02-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Is replacing Belichick a good job to have? Seems like Mission Impossible. Brady may well be gone too. I think he would have been better off in Indy with a 28-year-old Andrew Luck.

You may be right.

ThunderDan
02-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

Has to. There are only 32 head coaching gigs. Passing up the opportunity for 1 can be a career ending move. Who knows if there is going to be a hot OC or DC next year that NE will like better than McDaniels a year or two years from now.

woodbuck27
02-07-2018, 12:53 PM

Your questioning Josh McDaniels personal decision and business to conduct his personal affairs? Clearly a large part of that decision was Family Orientated.

We're now aware what an important role Ernie Adams (Director of Football Research ) plays in the success of the New England Patriots. The Idiom 'Joined at the hip' comes to my mind.

The Patriots' Secret Weapon: Who is Ernie Adams?

woodbuck27
02-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Has to. There are only 32 head coaching gigs. Passing up the opportunity for 1 can be a career ending move. Who knows if there is going to be a hot OC or DC next year that NE will like better than McDaniels a year or two years from now.

Hey Poker Star !

You Guys are hilarious and this comes to mind: :whaa:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShCWisCxHFk623HLX0fQ8UqkU6VUlhm y0yUnN6YliCp6HFiQi3ZQ

woodbuck27
02-07-2018, 01:42 PM
Sports Illustrated.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/06/offseason-catch-rule-player-activism-tv-ratings-rights-fees-free-agency-quarterbacks

NFL Offseason Is in Business: 10 Storylines to Watch

1. Ratings down, rights fees up.

2. Millennial Nation.

3. Activism will continue, but will protests?

4. Carolina on my mind.

5. Kissing Cousins.

6. Quarterback Musical Chairs.

7. Free agency 2018.

8. Concussion conundrum.

9. What’s a Catch?

10. Legalized gambling? Bet on it.

woodbuck27
02-07-2018, 01:52 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/chris-ballards-last-words-the-rivalry-is-back-on/

Chris Ballard’s last words: “The rivalry is back on”

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 7, 2018, 11:34 AM EST

woodbuck27
02-07-2018, 01:56 PM
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/20978049/nfl-destination-kirk-cousins-ten-teams-washington-redskins-quarterback-play-2018-free-agent-market

DESTINATION COUSINS

Kirk Cousins could become the NFL's highest-paid player in 2018. You like that?! Here are all the places the QB could land.

By Mike Sando

woodbuck27
02-07-2018, 02:01 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22349856/resetting-2018-nfl-offseason-quarterback-market-kirk-cousins-free-agency-trade-sweepstakes-begun

Resetting the 2018 NFL offseason quarterback market

BY: Dan Graziano ... ESPN Staff Writer

Joemailman
02-07-2018, 02:26 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356955/josh-mcdaniels-agent-bob-lamonte-quitting-colts-mess

Agent Bob LaMonte says he has terminated his relationship with Josh McDaniels in the wake of McDaniels' surprising decision to turn down the Indianapolis Colts' head-coaching job and remain the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots.

"My word is my bond," LaMonte told Sports Business Journal on Wednesday. "Once you break that, there's nothing left."

LaMonte replied that McDaniels was "committing professional suicide," according to the source.

LaMonte also is the agent for Colts general manager Chris Ballard.

denverYooper
02-07-2018, 04:14 PM

J-Mac was responsible for drafting Tebow in the first round.

ThunderDan
02-07-2018, 04:35 PM

pbmax
02-07-2018, 06:14 PM
Hoody apparent was the ticket. “I will open my world to you”

http://www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/bill-belichick-reportedly-will-mentor-josh-mcdaniels-patriots-i-am-going-open-my

If this report is to be believed as comprehensive, junior doesn’t have a deal to be the heir in writing. Those the gods would destroy they first make mad. And rely on promises they themselves would break.

Joemailman
02-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Russell Wilson has been traded. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915298/article/rangers-trade-russell-wilson-to-new-york-yankees

pbmax
02-07-2018, 06:42 PM
I hope it all blows up in each partys face. Schadenfreude off the charts.

Schefter
Text from one league source: “That’s Kraft putting it to the Colts again. He will forever try and (expletive) that place ever since deflate gate.”

QBME
02-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Josh McDaniels is, has always been, and will always be a punk douche.

He hired several assistant coaches whom all accepted. He's left them out to dry.

Double douche.

Joemailman
02-07-2018, 07:33 PM
I hope it all blows up in each partys face. Schadenfreude off the charts.

Schefter
Text from one league source: “That’s Kraft putting it to the Colts again. He will forever try and (expletive) that place ever since deflate gate.”

What's your issue with the Colts?

KYPack
02-07-2018, 09:03 PM

That is totally stupid. Maybe the Pack can hire "J-Mac" as coach and GM.

You can be the special QB scout.

Find us another Tebow, Manziel, or Kaepernick.

pbmax
02-07-2018, 09:56 PM
What's your issue with the Colts?

Deflategate. And probably ruining Andrew Luck's shoulder.

But mostly just rooting for maximum chaos.

Then again, Chris Ballard has Badger connections, so maybe just temporary chaos for them.

pbmax
02-07-2018, 10:08 PM
Seriously, this time, I will teach you everything.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/bill-belichick-will-open-the-knowledge-vault-for-josh-mcdaniels/

Cheesehead Craig
02-08-2018, 08:40 AM
I can't wait until BB retires. Either McDaniels will get embarrassed and not get the HC gig or he will get it and sh*t the bed and be fired for his poor performance and thus officially ending the Pats dynasty.

run pMc
02-08-2018, 09:19 AM
He'll need another HC gig to prove me wrong, but I'm starting to think of McDaniels like I do Wade Phillips: great as a coordinator, but if he's the head coach I worry a little. Maybe the Denver experience humbled and made him smarter, that remains to be seen. I certainly wouldn't let him run the personnel side as a GM.

Is this next season BB's last? I'm hearing JM is staying with the Pats because he's the heir apparent. Brady is getting old and his relationship with BB is wearing thin.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-08-2018, 09:37 AM
J-Mac was responsible for drafting Tebow in the first round.

What's wrong with that?

Timmy won a bunch of games in the clutch, including one in the playoffs, for the Broncos. And he made them a lotta frogskins via jersey and ticket sales.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Maybe the Pack can hire "J-Mac" as coach and GM.

Murphy should've done just that on "Black Monday." Shoulda fired the Polar Bear and traded Stubby to the Browns for their 4th overall pick and Flash.

denverYooper
02-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Seriously, this time, I will teach you everything.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/bill-belichick-will-open-the-knowledge-vault-for-josh-mcdaniels/

The best part of this narrative is that simply understanding the administrative aspects of what the Hoody does won't make Jerk-Mac into the Hoody. I could follow Elon Musk around and learn how he runs his business operations but that is still not going to give me the same neurological footprint. At the end of the day I just don't have the same horses under the 'ol cranial hood.

McDaniels has been a fine OC in their system, with Brady and with Hoody running the whole show. He has not been as successful as a HC (Denver) or OC (St.L. offense under him was 32nd in ppg) elsewhere. Just because he learns how to balance the team's checkbook doesn't mean he can continue to run the Patriots as successfully as the hooded one.

Unless there is some eldritch magick afoot to pass down dreadful secrets from the ancient ones, some series of rites and incantations that imbue the initiate with the awful all-seeing eye of the crimson king, colour me dubious that mere observation will suffice.

denverYooper
02-08-2018, 10:00 AM
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

KYPack
02-08-2018, 10:15 AM
What's wrong with that?

Timmy won a bunch of games in the clutch, including one in the playoffs, for the Broncos. And he made them a lotta frogskins via jersey and ticket sales.

Most of the players you make your fan boy spam posts for eventually bust.

Like Tebow, Kaepernick, and Manziel.

They had some sizzle for a minute, but are all out of the league.

ThunderDan
02-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Most of the players you make your fan boy spam posts for eventually bust.

Like Tebow, Kaepernick, and Manziel.

They had some sizzle for a minute, but are all out of the league.
You missed Joey Harrington.

Smidgeon
02-08-2018, 10:43 AM
He'll need another HC gig to prove me wrong, but I'm starting to think of McDaniels like I do Wade Phillips: great as a coordinator, but if he's the head coach I worry a little. Maybe the Denver experience humbled and made him smarter, that remains to be seen. I certainly wouldn't let him run the personnel side as a GM.

Is this next season BB's last? I'm hearing JM is staying with the Pats because he's the heir apparent. Brady is getting old and his relationship with BB is wearing thin.

Wade proved it at multiple stops. McDaniels has only been a coordinator at the Patriots (I think), and who knows how much of that is BB?

ThunderDan
02-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Sorry, even with Woodchuck posting a picture of chickens in the thread towards me, I got to get this off my chest.

McDaniels is a total and complete FUCK! What an asshole. He hires assistant coaches for the Colts job and then backs out. He just screwed the Colts and the other coaches. What HC is going to want to go to a team that already has a bunch of coach in place? Hey, I wanted to run a 3-4 and the DC is a 4-3 guru.

This shit move is 100x worse that what the Packers did this offseason where they fired people after a poor 2017 season.

KYPack
02-08-2018, 11:05 AM

Tank has spammed for so many duds, I can't remember 'em all!

Anti-Polar Bear
02-08-2018, 11:14 AM

I still consider myself a QB expert, but fwiw, I was a shutdown corner in HS, not a QB.

Have you seen Nutz's posts? Dude's extremely knowledgeable about football overall, but he knows shit about corners. Pretty sure Nutz once said somewhere that Randall was gonna be the next great thing. Reading it, I was like, "Stick to offensive linemen, bro." :cool:

Anti-Polar Bear
02-09-2018, 12:40 AM
Sorry, even with Woodchuck posting a picture of chickens in the thread towards me, I got to get this off my chest.

McDaniels is a total and complete FUCK! What an asshole. He hires assistant coaches for the Colts job and then backs out. He just screwed the Colts and the other coaches. What HC is going to want to go to a team that already has a bunch of coach in place? Hey, I wanted to run a 3-4 and the DC is a 4-3 guru.

This shit move is 100x worse that what the Packers did this offseason where they fired people after a poor 2017 season.

Woody was posting chicken pics? Lol, this forum is funny as heck.

I guess the Colts are gonna need to hire a coach with a background in offense, you know, someone who doesn't give a fuck whether his D is a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 4-4, Psycho or Nitro, so long as it stops the rock. Darrell Bevel comes to mind.

And since we're getting things off our chests, I just lost a shitload of frogskins tonight playing cash poker. Fishes were hitting their draws against moi, and after a few rebuys, I started tilting and gambling like a drunk sailor. Maybe I'm just a fish, too, but just wanna tell somebody. :(

Maxie the Taxi
02-09-2018, 07:12 AM
Ex-49ers QBs, current teammates rejoice at Garoppolo deal (https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/08/ex-49ers-qbs-current-teammates-rejoice-at-garoppolo-deal/)

PEBBLE BEACH — Steve Young and Alex Smith enthusiastically endorsed Thursday’s news that Jimmy Garoppolo will get paid more than anyone ever to work their old job as 49ers quarterback.

“Tremendously good news, and if I had $136 million, I would have given it to him,” Young said as he and Smith golfed together at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

A text alert on Young’s phone informed the former Niners on the front nine at Spyglass Hill Golf Course, and neither had sticker shock at the figures: $137.5 million over five years, with $90 million guaranteed in the first three seasons, per ESPN.New target set for Aaron.:-)

call_me_ishmael
02-09-2018, 08:29 AM
This is incredible.

https://streamable.com/6sdup

Anti-Polar Bear
02-11-2018, 11:59 AM
This is incredible.

https://streamable.com/6sdup

What a fucking idiot, that Kelce. I mean, kids skipped school to be at that event. Now they think it's cool to swear.

Just kidding. It was a cool rant."Fuck" has gotta be the greatest word of all time.

Fritz
02-11-2018, 04:02 PM
If Tank ran the Packers, they'd be in the tank. The toilet tank.

I am down on how all the offseason changes happened, and I still think McCarthy pulled an arrogant move with the GM thing, and I think Murphy kowtowed and has set himself up for failure, but it's all still a million times better than hiring Josh McAsshole.

At least Green Bay might have some short-term success before it all goes to hell.

pbmax
02-11-2018, 05:38 PM
If Tank ran the Packers, they'd be in the tank. The toilet tank.

I am down on how all the offseason changes happened, and I still think McCarthy pulled an arrogant move with the GM thing, and I think Murphy kowtowed and has set himself up for failure, but it's all still a million times better than hiring Josh McAsshole.

At least Green Bay might have some short-term success before it all goes to hell.

Pride goeth before the fall, which I have always taken to mean, possibly incorrectly, that you get what you've been asking for first, then you get what you deserve.

pbmax
02-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Somehow, I just don't think McDaniel's is going to be able to measure up to Belichick. Though Bill did resign from the Jets when he didn't like Parcell's continued involvement, so he has contract betrayal down.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/12/did-the-colts-dodge-a-bullet-with-josh-mcdaniels/

pbmax
02-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Football Outsiders @fboutsiders

Do you need to run to set up play-action? @guga31bb shows through numbers of the last 7 years that there's no connection between teams that run more (or better) and success on play-action passes. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/rushing-success-and-play-action-passing

Fritz
02-12-2018, 05:01 PM
So it's like having sex with a woman and not knowing if her orgasm is real or fake:

It doesn't matter.

pbmax
02-13-2018, 07:55 AM
So it's like having sex with a woman and not knowing if her orgasm is real or fake:

It doesn't matter.

Exactly. Defensive coordinators are too wrapped up in their own little world:

We will stop the run first?

What if I want to pass a little on first down?

We will stop the run first no matter what!

You don't understand me.

3irty1
02-13-2018, 08:27 AM
I think its a gambler's fallacy on the part of the defense. If you never run, the defense gets a creeping feeling that you're due.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-13-2018, 11:28 AM
I am down on how all the offseason changes happened, and I still think McCarthy pulled an arrogant move with the GM thing, and I think Murphy kowtowed and has set himself up for failure...

Murphy "demoted" a GM who not only was too incompetent to do his job, but has become, apparently, mentally incompetent.

Couple of examples: Thompson couldn't find anyone better to replace Gunter when Gunter was starting, and the Polar Bear had no clue where he was during a meeting with the suits. Polar Bear is not fit for GM duty anymore.

If Guntekunst utilizes Belichickism, the Packers should win at least 2 more Super Bowls before A-Rod hangs up the cleats.

Rutnstrut
02-13-2018, 12:45 PM

Maybe Mcdaniels found out Luck is never going to be the QB he was before the injury. That alone could affect his decision.

Fritz
02-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Murphy "demoted" a GM who not only was too incompetent to do his job, but has become, apparently, mentally incompetent.

Couple of examples: Thompson couldn't find anyone better to replace Gunter when Gunter was starting, and the Polar Bear had no clue where he was during a meeting with the suits. Polar Bear is not fit for GM duty anymore.

If Guntekunst utilizes Belichickism, the Packers should win at least 2 more Super Bowls before A-Rod hangs up the cleats.

If it was as easy as utilizing a system, everybody would win the Super Bowl every year!

ThunderDan
02-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Maybe Mcdaniels found out Luck is never going to be the QB he was before the injury. That alone could affect his decision.

He probably should have asked about that before he "took" the job and starting hiring staff.

Rutnstrut
02-13-2018, 04:00 PM
He probably should have asked about that before he "took" the job and starting hiring staff.

Could have been a new development. There was some read between the lines talk of it on NFL network or ESPN today. I can't remember which as I have them both on sometimes in the background while doing paperwork at home. Not saying what he did wasn't a d.bag move. But Luck being worse than anyone has let on is a big development if true.

red
02-13-2018, 07:37 PM
NEWS Flash :

More

one of the most chickenshit moves in pro sports history

he just completely dicked over the colts

no respect at all for the guy

Anti-Polar Bear
02-14-2018, 11:09 AM
If it was as easy as utilizing a system, everybody would win the Super Bowl every year!

It is certainly easier with an elite QB. But the Eggles won it with a backup QB while utilizing Belichickism, so an elite QB is preferred but not required. (Wentz did look pretty elite during the 10 minutes I watched him play on the tube.)

George Cumby
02-14-2018, 03:08 PM
You know, the Colts should be thanking their lucky stars that maggot backed out. He’s got a proven history of scumbaggeryand this bush league stunt just reinforces that. Think about what a mess he would have made of their team after two or three years. How long did it take Denver to recover after he messed them up?

Zool
02-14-2018, 05:32 PM
Let me pose a hypothesis. An NFL team “talks” to a players agent before free agency opens. They have a wink wink nod deal. Player starts looking for property, then the team declines. Is the NFL team a bunch of scumbags?

Who the fuck let McDaniels hire coaches before he had a contract? That guy/group of guys is fully to blame IMO. Who schedules a press conference before there’s a signed contract. How about don’t be a moron? He has every right to change his mind if he’s not yet signed.

swede
02-14-2018, 06:07 PM
Let me pose a hypothesis. An NFL team “talks” to a players agent before free agency opens. They have a wink wink nod deal. Player starts looking for property, then the team declines. Is the NFL team a bunch of scumbags?

Who the fuck let McDaniels hire coaches before he had a contract? That guy/group of guys is fully to blame IMO. Who schedules a press conference before there’s a signed contract. How about don’t be a moron? He has every right to change his mind if he’s not yet signed.

I think you are absolutely correct about the Colts. Plus, it may be that they made their announcement and scheduled the presser to put pressure on McDaniels knowing that the Pats were talking to him.

I subscribe to the theory that they all suck.

pbmax
02-14-2018, 09:15 PM
It works like this in the playoffs all the time. McDaniels was restricted by League rules about when he could sign and announce.

The team went ahead and presumably (dangerous I know but I bet that is what happened here) signed his preferred coaches to lock them up before they landed elsewhere because they were not restricted.

It was a handshake agreement without a signature, as his agent made clear when he dumped McDaniels. It wasn't the unofficial part that was weird, it was backing out after coming to terms, agreeing, and hiring coaches.

Zool
02-15-2018, 08:26 AM
It's buyer beware in my opinion. He shouldn't have hired coaches if there was a chance he wasn't going to take the job, but he was allowed to by short sighted people.

Joemailman
02-15-2018, 08:59 AM
It's buyer beware in my opinion. He shouldn't have hired coaches if there was a chance he wasn't going to take the job, but he was allowed to by short sighted people.

He was allowed to by people who probably felt the team would be at a disadvantage if they waited until after the Super Bowl to start hiring a coaching staff. They should probably put a freeze on hiring coaches until after the Super Bowl, although that would necessitate other changes, such as moving the Combine to a later date.

pbmax
02-15-2018, 11:51 AM
There is a reason why this is so notable. Same with Belichick resigning the Jets job. It doesn't happen that often. These jobs are coveted.

Should people have been aware it could happen? OK. But it almost never happens. You get conditioned to expect the handshake to hold and the timing of other signings wasn't unusual. There have been times when a certain assistant coach signs before a head coach and it becomes a confirmation that a certain head coach will be on his way shortly.

I do think Kraft deliberately tried to screw them over. I bet he delighted in that. It may not have been the original impetus, but I bet it made it more fun.

As it happens, I think the Colts got a better coach. I didn't trust McDaniels before this.

Fritz
02-15-2018, 12:09 PM
The bottom line is that McAsshole's handshake should be avoided as his hands are smeared in bull shit.

Rutnstrut
02-15-2018, 05:36 PM
I'm sure all of our opinions will bother him as he cashes his huge checks and they go to the Superb owl again in 2018.

pbmax
02-15-2018, 08:47 PM
Hue Jackson just isn’t very bright on the personnel front. AJ McCarron is now a free agent. Hue is also kinda blind to long term strategy. Can’t blame him entirely as he probably expected to be fired at the end of the season.

Evan Silva
Just 8 regular season games ago, Hue Jackson tried to backdoor a trade for AJ McCarron offering 2nd- & 3rd-round picks for the now-free agent QB.

But on that dark, lonely Halloween night, a brazen Sashi Brown fell on the sword to halt the trade for the good of the #Browns organization, sacrificing himself to save the franchise.

woodbuck27
02-18-2018, 09:48 PM
one of the most chickenshit moves in pro sports history

he just completely dicked over the colts

no respect at all for the guy

I agree that it certainly doesn't appear that he has a load of self confidence.

It better work now in NE as he might have cooked his goose elsewhere.

pbmax
02-21-2018, 09:18 AM
Jack Lambert was a bastard. I know you all wanted a reminder this week. Also look how much has changed in the game. Cheap sideline shot, whining to the refs, protecting the QB. Hardly recognize the game anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaPJWb3U7Gk

pbmax
02-24-2018, 06:42 PM
I would laugh even harder if these guys hadn't been in the AFC Championship Game.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Jaguars and QB Blake Bortles agreed on a 3-year new contract worth $54M that covers the 5th year option and two additional years, I’m told. He was under contract for 2018 at $19M.

smuggler
02-27-2018, 02:23 AM
Jesus, he's arguably the worst starter in the league and he gets almost $20/year...

hoosier
02-27-2018, 07:36 AM
Jack Lambert was a bastard. I know you all wanted a reminder this week. Also look how much has changed in the game. Cheap sideline shot, whining to the refs, protecting the QB. Hardly recognize the game anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaPJWb3U7Gk

Rutigliano's rug looks like it spent some time in a shine box. 1:21 or thereabouts.

red
03-03-2018, 11:22 AM
rumour at the combine is that the queens are gonna go after cousins

good player, not great, not worth the money he is about to get (it will be just slightly under a-rod)

but it could be all the queens need, unless he eats up so much cap that they have to start taking away talent on D

George Cumby
03-03-2018, 11:41 AM
I'm sure all of our opinions will bother him as he cashes his huge checks and they go to the Superb owl again in 2018.

I'm sure I don't give a crap if my opinion bothers him or not.

woodbuck27
03-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Jesus, he's arguably the worst starter in the league and he gets almost $20/year...

Their paying him as:

A.) He has Upside.

B.) He's TALL.

C.) See A and B.

woodbuck27
03-05-2018, 09:26 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22654801/ex-chargers-new-york-jets-arizona-cardinals-cb-antonio-cromartie-retires

Antonio Cromartie retires after 11 NFL seasons

2:10 PM ET ... ESPN News Services

" Cromartie, 33, didn't play last season after being released by the Indianapolis Colts on Oct. 4, 2016.

Cromartie was one of the NFL's best cover cornerbacks for much of his career, making four Pro Bowls. He also scored the longest touchdown in league history, returning a missed field goal by Minnesota for a 109-yard score in 2007."

woodbuck27
03-05-2018, 11:40 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762130-tavon-austin-trade-rumors-rams-will-look-to-move-wr-release-also-possible?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Tavon Austin Trade Rumors: Rams Will Look to Move WR, Release Also Possible

TIMOTHY RAPP ..MARCH 1, 2018

Comment woodbuck27:

What happened to this WR !?

" Austin, 26, caught just 13 passes for 47 yards and no touchdowns in the 2017 season, though he did add 59 rushes for 270 yards and a touchdown."

woodbuck27
03-05-2018, 11:42 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762266-kirk-cousins-rumors-broncos-reportedly-all-in-on-free-agent-qb?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Kirk Cousins Rumors: Broncos Reportedly 'All-In' on Free-Agent QB

JOSEPH ZUCKER ...MARCH 1, 2018

" The Denver Broncos are going "all-in" to sign quarterback Kirk Cousins, Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reported Thursday.

According to Robinson, the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets will also make strong efforts to land Cousins. "

woodbuck27
03-05-2018, 11:47 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762146-john-dorsey-browns-open-to-trading-no-1-overall-pick-in-2018-nfl-draft?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

John Dorsey: Browns Open to Trading No. 1 Overall Pick in 2018 NFL Draft

ADAM WELLS ...MARCH 1, 2018

" Per NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal, Dorsey said the Browns' door is "wide-open" to deal the No. 1 overall pick.

"Give me a call and see what's up," he said. ... "

Guiness
03-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Why is PFT tumpeting Sammy Watkins as such a hot commodity on the FA market? He was essentially run out of Buffalo, and didn't exactly light it up this year, with 40 catches for 600 yards over 15 games. He did also have 8TD, but that seems like an aberation. They were suggesting he might get the franchise tag, but those look like WR2 numbers to me at best.

hoosier
03-06-2018, 01:29 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762146-john-dorsey-browns-open-to-trading-no-1-overall-pick-in-2018-nfl-draft?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

John Dorsey: Browns Open to Trading No. 1 Overall Pick in 2018 NFL Draft

ADAM WELLS ...MARCH 1, 2018

" Per NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal, Dorsey said the Browns' door is "wide-open" to deal the No. 1 overall pick.

"Give me a call and see what's up," he said. ... "

#1 and Joe Thomas for Nelson, Cobb and Hundley. Pull the trigger, TT!

pbmax
03-07-2018, 08:02 AM
Ed Hoculi has retired. His son still works as a ref.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXoQ4FEVMAAU2lp.jpg:large

Smidgeon
03-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Ed Hoculi has retired. His son still works as a ref.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXoQ4FEVMAAU2lp.jpg:large

Can't tell if that's satire by someone else or pointed self-aware humor.

pbmax
03-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Here it goes: Seahawks are trading DE Michael Bennett and a seventh-round pick to Eagles for a fifth-round pick and WR Marcus Johnson, sources tell ESPN.

woodbuck27
03-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Here it goes: Seahawks are trading DE Michael Bennett and a seventh-round pick to Eagles for a fifth-round pick and WR Marcus Johnson, sources tell ESPN.

Your fast..scooped me. :-)

woodbuck27
03-12-2018, 03:09 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...econd-rounder/

Nick Foles trade rumors: Eagles get a 'respectable' offer, AFC team dangled second-rounder

The Nick Foles trade rumors are already heating up

woodbuck27
03-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Hot Rumour !

QB Kirk Cousins is strongly now rumoured to become a Minnesota Viking....but:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kirk-cousins-rumors-cardinals-prepping-monster-offer-look-to-pair-him-with-fa/

Kirk Cousins rumors: Cardinals prepping monster offer, look to pair him with FA

The Cardinals are going to try and swoop in and land the free-agent QB as well as guard Andrew Norwell

Will Brinson mugshot by Will Brinson @WillBrinson .... 1h ago •

woodbuck27
03-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
Just said on @nflnetwork : The #Vikings have made a call on Drew Brees, per league source. Their plan going into the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…

woodbuck27
03-12-2018, 03:44 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-free-agency-rumors-updates-kirk-cousins-drew-brees-could-see-several-suitors/

2018 NFL Free Agency Rumors, Updates: Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees could see several suitors

Follow the latest news, rumors and updates surrounding the latest on NFL free agency

Will Brinson mugshot by Will Brinson @WillBrinson .......5h ago

woodbuck27
03-12-2018, 03:48 PM
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/12/17108856/nfl-free-agency-2018-legal-tampering-period-begins-rules-start-time-eagles-nigel-bradham-updates-new

NFL Free Agency 2018: Legal tampering period begins

Get ready for action.

By: Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Mar 12, 2018, 7:00am EDT

Rastak
03-13-2018, 08:56 AM
Star Lotulelei to the Bills, Albert Wilson to the Dolphins and Drew Brees agrees with the Saints on a two-year, $50 million contract.

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
5m5 minutes ago
More
Lions resigned safety Tavon Wilson to a 2-year, $7 million deal, per source.

pbmax
03-13-2018, 09:03 AM
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Drew Brees is staying with the Saints - not that it was ever really in doubt - on a 2yr deal worth $50M I'm told ...

Vikings Backup Plan C is gone.

pbmax
03-13-2018, 09:05 AM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Ravens are releasing RB Danny Woodhead, source said, for cap reasons. A gritty dude hits the market and is up for another payday.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Drew Brees is staying with the Saints - not that it was ever really in doubt - on a 2yr deal worth $50M I'm told ...

Vikings Backup Plan C is gone.

I don't think he was ever a real plan. They called and asked but apparently Drew's wife put the kibosh on him leaving NO. His contract seems like a bargin too.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Jay Glazer

Verified account

@JayGlazer
6m6 minutes ago
More
With Brees done, saints know what their cap, still want a 3-technique and DB but jimmy graham reunion is top priority if they can pull off

Rastak
03-13-2018, 09:41 AM
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
19s20 seconds ago
More
Former Giants’ C-G Weston Richburg intends to sign a 5-year deal with the SF 49ers when free agency opens, per source.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
5m5 minutes ago
More
Former Lions’ DT Haloti Ngata intends to sign a one-year deal with Eagles, per @mortreport and me.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 10:16 AM
Multiple reports have Kirk Cousins signing with the Minnesota Vikings once free agency opens on Wednesday, including Mark Rosen at WCCO News. According to Rosen, the deal is worth $28 million a year, though there are no details on the length.

Rosen’s report has been independently confirmed by Benjamin Allbright at Mile High Sports Radio and the contract-tracking website Spotrac also reports the $28 million figure.

The Vikings chose not to tag their quarterback from last year, Case Keenum, and Keenum has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Denver Broncos.

Cousins posted a top-five statistical season for the Washington Redskins in 2016, but fell out of the top ten in most statistical categories for 2017.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 10:32 AM
NFL Media reports that Trey Burton is expected to sign a four-year, $32 million contract with the Bears when the new league year starts on Wednesday afternoon. The Bears are also expected to sign wide receiver Allen Robinson as they remake their offense under new head coach Matt Nagy.

pbmax
03-13-2018, 10:34 AM
Multiple reports have Kirk Cousins signing with the Minnesota Vikings once free agency opens on Wednesday, including Mark Rosen at WCCO News. According to Rosen, the deal is worth $28 million a year, though there are no details on the length.

Rosen’s report has been independently confirmed by Benjamin Allbright at Mile High Sports Radio and the contract-tracking website Spotrac also reports the $28 million figure.

The Vikings chose not to tag their quarterback from last year, Case Keenum, and Keenum has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Denver Broncos.

Cousins posted a top-five statistical season for the Washington Redskins in 2016, but fell out of the top ten in most statistical categories for 2017.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Vikings are in the driver’s seat for free agent QB Kirk Cousins. They offered him a 3-year, $28M per year deal. It is not over. But if the visit goes well, he is likely to sign there.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 10:36 AM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Vikings are in the driver’s seat for free agent QB Kirk Cousins. They offered him a 3-year, $28M per year deal. It is not over. But if the visit goes well, he is likely to sign there.

Pretty sure it's basically done, I supposed the Jets could offer 35mil at the last minute but I would guess they made their pitch.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 10:37 AM
Matt Bowen

Verified account

@MattBowen41
Follow Follow @MattBowen41
More
The Chiefs are also expected to sign linebacker Anthony Hitchens when free agency opens. The former Hawkeye has the physicality to win versus the run game and his athleticism jumps on film. Hitchens can track the ball in space

Rastak
03-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Tom Pelissero

Verified account

@TomPelissero
14s14 seconds ago
More
No surprise: the #Browns have tendered Josh Gordon as an exclusive rights free agent. He has four credited seasons, so it's worth $790,000.

red
03-13-2018, 10:43 AM
That is so much money for a slightly above average starter

Rastak
03-13-2018, 10:46 AM
That is so much money for a slightly above average starter

Agreed....although options are somewhat limited. The Vikings have a ton of cap space and the dude did throw for 13k yards over the last three years.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Pretty sure it's basically done, I supposed the Jets could offer 35mil at the last minute but I would guess they made their pitch.

S'up Ras. What's up with the Queens' perpetual turnovers at the QB position? Stick with Keenum a bit longer and he could've morphed into a more accurate Tarkenton. Plus, the dude was the only QB in Queens history willing to lead the gay SKOL cheer. Favre would never do it. Ditto, Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Christian Ponder, George(?) Webb, Bridgewater, Bradford, Brooks Bollinger, Brad Johnson, and not even Daunte Culpepper.

To paraphrase Passenger: You only know you've been high when you're feeling low/Only hate the road when you're missing home/Only know you love Keenum when you let him go.

And you let him go

Rastak
03-13-2018, 11:04 AM
S'up Ras. What's up with the Queens' perpetual turnovers at the QB position? Stick with Keenum a bit longer and he could've morphed into a more accurate Tarkenton. Plus, the dude was the only QB in Queens history willing to lead the gay SKOL cheer. Favre would never do it. Ditto, Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Christian Ponder, George(?) Webb, Bridgewater, Bradford, Brooks Bollinger, Brad Johnson, and not even Daunte Culpepper.

To paraphrase Passenger: You only know you've been high when you're feeling low/Only hate the road when you're missing home/Only know you love Keenum when you let him go.

And you let him go

I wish him well, seems like a good guy.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-13-2018, 11:22 AM
I wish him well, seems like a good guy.

ESPN is reporting that the Queens will indeed sign Captian Kirk. 3 years at $84, all guaranteed.

Hopefully that contract handicaps the Queens' ability to retain that overrated D. :)

gbgary
03-13-2018, 11:47 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Queens will indeed sign Captian Kirk. 3 years at $84, all guaranteed.

Hopefully that contract handicaps the Queens' ability to retain that overrated D. :)

wow. so that's what...5 straight years he's been fully guaranteed? #BANK. now he's in the history books for the first fully guaranteed multi-year deal in the nfl cap era.

red
03-13-2018, 11:55 AM
wow. so that's what...5 straight years he's been fully guaranteed? #BANK. now he's in the history books for the first fully guaranteed multi-year deal in the nfl cap era.

That is how you play the system

And it’s why no player should ever bitch about the franchise tag being slapped on them

Anti-Polar Bear
03-13-2018, 12:13 PM

Not sure if Captain Kirk is an elite QB, but he sure is being paid like one.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-13-2018, 12:25 PM
And it’s why no player should ever bitch about the franchise tag being slapped on them

Disagree. Football is a violent game. The next time a player gets tackled, it could be his last; happened to J-Mike, unfortunately. The tag isn't exactly the minimum-wage, but pretty sure the majority of the players desire to play under multi-year, preferably guaranteed, contracts with protections against injuries.

Bossman641
03-13-2018, 12:34 PM
Wanted to post this a few days ago but couldn't with the site being down. This is for the Schneider is God, TT sucks crowd.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22700668/where-all-went-wrong-seattle-seahawks-legendary-defense-2018-nfl-offseason

Over four drafts, the Seahawks drafted five players -- Britt, Clark, Lockett, Reed, and [deep sigh] Ifedi -- who are likely to be starters for the team in 2018. Over their previous three drafts, Schneider and the Seahawks might have drafted four Hall of Famers in Sherman, Thomas, Wagner and Wilson, let alone an entire second tier of Pro Bowl-caliber contributors in guys such as Chancellor, Tate and Russell Okung. It would have been impossible for Schneider to keep that hit rate going, but nobody could have expected the Seahawks to fall off as much as they did over the four ensuing drafts.

It seems likely that Seattle will invest at least one draft pick in a cornerback, hoping that Carroll can help develop him the way he developed late-round selections such as Maxwell and Sherman in years past.

Only one problem, then: The Seahawks are missing their second- and third-round picks as a result of the Brown and Richardson deals. It would hardly be a surprise to see Schneider trade down from No. 18 in the first round to try to get an extra top-100 pick, even given what happened last year, when Seattle repeatedly traded down and ended up with seven of the top 111 picks in the draft. The Seahawks need to acquire talented players on cheap contracts to fill in for that missing generation of draft picks.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following Following @AdamSchefter
More
Sam Bradford intends to sign with Arizona, source tells ESPN.

edit:

Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
52s52 seconds ago
More
The #AZCardinals are signing QB Sam Bradford to a 1-year deal worth $20M, source said, with an option year at $20M.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 01:33 PM
ProFootballTalk

Verified account

@ProFootballTalk
Following Following @ProFootballTalk
More
Report: Danny Amendola to sign with Dolphins

Rastak
03-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Bryant McFadden

@BMac_SportsTalk
Sources tell me the @nyjets are finalizing a deal with @teddyb_h2o.#NYJets #FreeAgency

1:36 PM - Mar 13, 2018

Joemailman
03-13-2018, 02:09 PM
@RapSheet
52s52 seconds ago
More
The #AZCardinals are signing QB Sam Bradford to a 1-year deal worth $20M, source said, with an option year at $20M.

Never has a player been paid so much for playing so little.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 02:18 PM
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
44s45 seconds ago
More
Former Jaguars' CB Aaron Colvin intends to sign a 4-year deal with the Houston Texans, per source.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 02:19 PM

He's actually a really good quarterback. If his knees were healthy I'd take him for sure, but they aren't so 20Mil seems pretty steep/risky.

edit:

Charles Robinson

Verified account

@CharlesRobinson
Follow Follow @CharlesRobinson
More
With a $15 million guarantee from the Arizona #Cardinals, QB Sam Bradford's realized cash earnings have climbed to just over $129 million. If he plays out Arizona's two-year deal, his realized earnings will climb to over $154 million through 2019.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 02:24 PM
The Jacksonville Jaguars lost Allen Robinson but are keeping receiver Marqise Lee around.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo report Lee will re-sign with the Jags.

It's a four-year deal worth up to $38 million including $18 million guaranteed, a source told Rapoport.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 02:25 PM
ProFootballTalk

Verified account

@ProFootballTalk
Following Following @ProFootballTalk
More
Cardinals working on restructuring Tyrann Mathieu’s deal to keep him around

pbmax
03-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Being drafted highly really pays off in the end.

Joemailman
03-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Dan Orlovsky

@danorlovsky7
Today makes me think 3 things 1) I shoulda never purposely ran out of the end zone back in ‘08 2) I wish I was better at playing QB because 💰 💰 💰 and 3) Bradford has pictures on someone important..#FreeAgentFrenzy #NFLFreeAgency2018

2:53 PM - Mar 13, 2018.

Joemailman
03-13-2018, 03:13 PM
Danny Amendola to sign with Dolphins.

Guess he's tired of having to play until February on a regular basis.

Rastak
03-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
21s22 seconds ago
More
The #Jets agreed to terms to bring back QB Josh McCown, per @MikeMcCartney7

Mike Garafolo

Verified account

@MikeGarafolo
1m1 minute ago
More
One year, $10m for Josh McCown to go back to the Jets, source says

Rastak
03-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Adam Caplan

Verified account

@caplannfl
45s46 seconds ago
More
#AZCardinals cut Adrian Peterson.

QBME
03-13-2018, 05:21 PM

:)

Joemailman
03-13-2018, 05:25 PM
Titans to sign Malcolm Butler to five-year, $61M deal

red
03-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Titans to sign Malcolm Butler to five-year, $61M deal

Piss

That’s who I wanted

Rastak
03-13-2018, 06:08 PM
Around The NFL

Verified account

@AroundTheNFL
25s26 seconds ago
More
BREAKING: Former Rams CB Trumaine Johnson expected to sign with Jets at roughly $15M a year, per @RapSheet + @TomPelissero

pbmax
03-13-2018, 06:30 PM
Piss

That’s who I wanted

Did you want him at $12.2 mil per year?

woodbuck27
03-13-2018, 11:15 PM

https://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/articles/health_tools/recognize_this_smile_slideshow/recognize_this_smile_slideshow/getty_rm_photo_of_george_clooney_smile.jpg

woodbuck27
03-13-2018, 11:23 PM

Their solid at WR with Julian Edelman back next season along with Brandin Cooks, Kenny Britt and Chris Hogan etc. It's funny tough that the NFL Network reporting that Pat's Fans were going NUTS and wanting Jordy Nelson in their Colors.

The Pat's need to focus on shoring up their 'D' this Off Season.

denverYooper
03-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
17m17 minutes ago

The #Giants are signing LT Nate Solder to a 4-year deal worth $62M, source said, with $35M guaranteed. The highest paid OL in the NFL.

mraynrand
03-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
17m17 minutes ago

The #Giants are signing LT Nate Solder to a 4-year deal worth $62M, source said, with $35M guaranteed. The highest paid OL in the NFL.

That's a good move. Their O-line has really been in flux of late.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 12:48 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8387/tyrann-mathieu

Wed. Mar 14, 2018 - 1:24 PM

" The Cardinals wanted DB Tyrann Mathieu to either take a pay cut or restructure his contract, but the Honey Badger stood firm and forced the team to release him. "

mraynrand
03-14-2018, 12:52 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8387/tyrann-mathieu

Wed. Mar 14, 2018 - 1:24 PM

" The Cardinals wanted DB Tyrann Mathieu to either take a pay cut or restructure his contract, but the Honey Badger stood firm and forced the team to release him. "

True to form. Honey Badger don't give a shit.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 12:55 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22761571/julius-peppers-re-signing-carolina-panthers

Julius Peppers just keeps rolling on. Other Teams were reported interested in attaining his skills and the Panthers kept it on SMART.

" After tying Mario Addison for the team lead in sacks with 11 and falling short of his goal to win the Super Bowl he opted to return. "

Comment woodbuck27:

" 11 SACKS in a Carolina Panther Defensive System with decent schemes. A telling story on what he left behind in Green Bay."

pbmax
03-14-2018, 12:56 PM

Former Packers' WR Jordy Nelson in demand:
Visiting Raiders today, then scheduled to visit the Seattle Seahawks, then the New Orleans Saints, per source.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 01:09 PM

Former Packers' WR Jordy Nelson in demand:
Visiting Raiders today, then scheduled to visit the Seattle Seahawks, then the New Orleans Saints, per source.

GO Jordy GO !

I' want him in New England.

I wonder if Bill Belichick is seeing this?

I'm visualizing ala Randy Moss II and the Tom 'Terrific Hookup's.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Cleveland Browns Great - Joe Thomas has hung up his Football Shoes and had decided to retire.

http://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0128%2Fr175998_1296x729_16 %2D9.jpg&w=1320&h=528&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=origin

Career history Cleveland Browns (2007–2017)

Career highlights and awards

10× Pro Bowl (2007–2016)

7× First-team All-Pro (2009–2011, 2013–2016)

2× Second-team All-Pro (2008, 2012)

Outland Trophy (2006)

Unanimous All-American (2006)

2× First-team All-Big Ten (2005, 2006)

Career NFL statistics as of 2017

Games played: 167

Games started: 167

Player stats at NFL.com

mraynrand
03-14-2018, 01:19 PM
GO Jordy GO !

I' want him in New England.

I wonder if Bill Belichick is seeing this?

I'm visualizing ala Randy Moss II and the Tom 'Terrific Hookup's.

get your vision checked

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 01:39 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22762848/chase-daniel-joins-chicago-bears-backup-qb

Veteran backup QB Chase Daniel will sign with Bears

2:32 PM ET

Jeff Dickerson ... ESPN Staff Writer

Bears general manger Ryan Pace said at last month's NFL scouting combine that quarterback Mike Glennon will be released after the new league year begins.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 01:41 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/22654948/ranking-top-100-nfl-free-agents-2018-kirk-cousins-jimmy-graham-andrew-norwell-headline-class

Ranking the top 100 NFL free agents for 2018

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 01:51 PM
The N. O. Saints signed CB Patrick Robinson to a four-year contract.

He struggled with injuries and ineffectiveness before falling into journeyman status with the Colts, Chargers, and eventually Eagles.

Robinson broke out at slot corner for the Super Bowl champs last year, however, becoming one of the stingiest inside cover men in the game.

He'll fit very well between Marshon Lattimore and Ken Crawley in New Orleans' talented secondary.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 01:57 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22680603/2018-nfl-free-agency-grades-big-trades-signings-moves-offseason-bill-barnwell

Barnwell's NFL free-agency and trade grades: Every big 2018 move

BY: Bill Barnwell ... ESPN Staff Writer ......... Tues. Mar 13, 2018

See Packer acquisitions TE Jimmy Graham and DT Muhammed Wilkerson Grades by going to the LINK.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 02:45 PM
The N.O. Saints signed ILB Demario Davis, formerly of the Jets, to a three-year, $24 million contract.

Davis cashes in after a monster year in New York when he led the league in solo tackles and paced the Jets with a team-high five sacks.

Davis is going to be a three-down linebacker. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 5 inside linebacker, excelling versus the run.

Comment woodbuck27:

I'm guessing the Green Bay Packers Brass havn't still realized they need more at the ILB Position.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 03:19 PM
An Oakland Raider Fan reacts to the Raiders interest in WR Jordy Nelson:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/3/14/17119828/stop-with-jordy-sign-two-cbs-this-is-whats-left

Stop with Jordy Sign two CB's this is whats left

By Mr. Silver and Black on Mar 14, 2018, 8:39 AM PDT

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 03:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921048/article/big-apple-reunion-jonathan-stewart-to-join-giants

Comment woodbuck27:

Looking at the Giants move below; and at the elite RB Saquon Barkley very possibly available at RB; it now looks like the Giants are targeting a QB in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Big Apple reunion: Jonathan Stewart to join Giants

By Marc Sessler ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: March 13, 2018 at 06:00 p.m. Updated: March 13, 2018 at 10:27 p.m.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 03:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921302/article/teddy-bridgewaters-deal-with-jets-worth-up-to-15m

Teddy Bridgewater's deal with Jets worth up to $15M

By Nick Shook NFL.com

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 03:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921252/article/detroit-lions-release-te-eric-ebron-after-four-seasons

Detroit Lions release TE Eric Ebron after four seasons

By Chris Wesseling ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: March 14, 2018 at 03:15 p.m. Updated: March 14, 2018 at 03:40 p.m.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 03:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921247/article/seven-potential-landing-spots-for-tyrann-mathieu

Seven potential landing spots for Tyrann Mathieu

By Chris Wesseling... Around the NFL Writer

Published: March 14, 2018 at 03:08 p.m. Updated: March 14, 2018 at 03:41 p.m.

6. " ... Green Bay Packers: New general manager Brain Gutekunst is bringing a more aggressive approach to free agency, opening the pipeline to expensive veterans. With Damarious Randall traded to Cleveland and Morgan Burnett reaching the open market, coordinator Mike Pettine could use a multi-dimension weapon of Mathieu's caliber to headline an overhauled secondary. ..."

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 05:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921333/article/vikings-finalizing-trade-for-broncos-qb-trevor-siemian

Vikings finalizing trade for Broncos QB Trevor Siemian

By Kevin Patra ...Around the NFL writer

Published: March 14, 2018 at 05:35 p.m. Updated: March 14, 2018 at 06:02 p.m.

red
03-14-2018, 06:36 PM
we haven't heard squat about burnett

is it possible he isn't as good as some homers thought?

mraynrand
03-14-2018, 08:02 PM
we haven't heard squat about burnett

is it possible he isn't as good as some homers thought?

he has the best slide in the the backfield. That doesn't translate into a lot of cash.

Bretsky
03-14-2018, 09:24 PM
I wish Jordy Success

I hope he end up with the Rams or Patriots

Fosco33
03-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Joe Thomas retiring?? Damn.

Great badger

mraynrand
03-14-2018, 11:01 PM

Great badger

There's only so many changes you can take. Browns reboot more often than Spider Man.

KYPack
03-14-2018, 11:29 PM

Great badger

Lead pipe Hall of Famer.

Up there with Anthony Munoz, Jackie Slater as the GOAT-LT.

mraynrand
03-14-2018, 11:38 PM
Lead pipe Hall of Famer.

He should make the HOF, but this is a little too much

edit: If I had to rank him, I'd put him below Jonathan Ogden and maybe equal to Walter Jones (Seattle). All of 'em below Munoz and Slater.

However, I'm OK deferring to your inestimable estimation of lineman talent.

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 12:29 AM
Lead pipe Hall of Famer.

He had a Piller Career as an NFL Lineman.

They were saying on the NFL Network today that he started every game he was dressed for and played every offensive snap.Check that but if that is the TRUTH that blows me away.

Teamcheez1
03-15-2018, 12:11 PM
From PFT:

Josh Sitton
The 31-year-old Sitton went to Miami last night and got a deal done this morning. Although the Bears decided to move on, Sitton has said that he still thinks he’s in his prime.

pbmax
03-15-2018, 01:09 PM

edit: If I had to rank him, I'd put him below Jonathan Ogden and maybe equal to Walter Jones (Seattle). All of 'em below Munoz and Slater.

Tom Oates just Tweeted that Thomas was the best UW lineman and that included his classmate, Mike Webster.

Not the same group, obviously, but boy is Oatesy old.

call_me_ishmael
03-15-2018, 01:11 PM
I don't know how to grade OL but based on all-pros alone Joe Thomas has gotta be one of the best in NFL history, right? Man could he move.

mraynrand
03-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Tom Oates just Tweeted that Thomas was the best UW lineman and that included his classmate, Mike Webster.

Not the same group, obviously, but boy is Oatesy old.

Oatesy has had a Piller career.

A true highway robber.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 04:22 AM
I wish Jordy Success

I hope he end up with the Rams or Patriots

I would have enjoyed seeing Jordy Nelson hooking up with Tom Brady. He may have been shoving it to the Packers but the rumour was his keenest interest was to end up in New England.

I'm wondering if Aaron Rodgers and Jordy had a bit of a joke going on there. I'm pretty sure they had a good or a few talks on the telephone over this last few weeks. They were solid Friends.

The Patriots will be good at WR with Julian Edelman back and they have serious holes on 'D'.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 04:36 AM
https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Bolt/NFL-Free-Agency-Bears-and-Browns-expected-to-be-in-on-Morgan-Burnett-per-report-116225855

Report: Bears and Browns expected to be in on Morgan Burnett

Morgan Burnett is expected to garner interest from the Cleveland Browns and Chicago Bears in free agency.

Matt Eurich - Mar 14, 10:40 AM 0

"... According to Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Burnett is seeking a contract around $8.5 million annually and the Chicago Bears and Cleveland Browns are expected to be in play for him ..."

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 05:06 AM
How will Kirk Cousins HELP the Minnesota Vikings Offense?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000921070/How-will-Kirk-Cousins-help-the-Vikings-offense-Film-Review

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 06:06 AM
Alec Ogletree is now a NY Giant !

Solid LBers that can play the Middle really well are difficult to find.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 06:14 AM
Home work and Free Agency.

So what today or on Friday 16 March 2018 from this group; is left as a possible upgrade for the Green Bay Packers?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000920074/Brian-Baldinger-s-Top-10-free-agents-Film-Review

Fritz
03-16-2018, 06:19 AM
Lead pipe Hall of Famer.

Up until this post from KY, I thought you all were saying that the great Green Bay inside linebacker Joe Thomas was retiring.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 06:40 AM
Up until this post from KY, I thought you all were saying that the great Green Bay inside linebacker Joe Thomas was retiring.

It's a challenge to keep up with what's going on in the NFL ! :???:

KYPack
03-16-2018, 11:12 AM

Those other two are great hands also.

Include those guys and make it a top 5 and cap off the argument.

-Give Joe some credit for being from Wisco (he went fishing during the draft, shunning the limelight, fer crissakes)

-Maybe more credit for being a beacon on some dark, fugly Brownie teams.

This would be a great topic to argue in the driveway with a case so it didn't matter who "won".

mraynrand
03-16-2018, 11:23 AM
^^^ KY, Joe Thomas is a great guy. I haven't met him personally but know several people who know him well. He had plenty of justification and opportunity to go off on some pretty bad guys and bad leadership and to my knowledge he never did. Rock solid guy. Great lineman. He belongs in the HOF.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 12:05 PM
More on what the Minnesota Vikings are doing:

Sheldon Richardson remains in Minnesota and is getting the stadium tour. He was picked up by GM in jet, had lunch with Kirk Cousins and others in owners’ suite yesterday ... The Vikings would like to close him, if the price is right.

https://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/03/sheldon-richardson-bring-vikings/

What would Sheldon Richardson bring to the Vikings?

By Matthew Coller | @MatthewColler

March 15, 2018 1:21 pm

mraynrand
03-16-2018, 12:27 PM
[COLOR="#800080"]Sheldon Richardson remains in Minnesota and is getting the stadium tour. He was picked up by GM in jet

memories....
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1x1mvb2W23Q/Sfkk5Mj9vRI/AAAAAAAABUU/3P8YHpD6S3g/s400/favre.gif

https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2009/08/18/dad2078b-a642-11e2-a3f0-029118418759/thumbnail/620x350/945a1d92dba37b3ab5ccecbef3c51cd5/image5249714x.jpg

https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2016/07/18/f172a68f-5dd1-494d-a6fa-3b6132352a6e/thumbnail/770x433/e6ad227d6a618ad4d5bb73b08ffb6e3f/brett-favre-vikings-allen-07-18-16.jpg

hoosier
03-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Brashaud Breeland is back on the market, minus some of his left foot. If he's worth $8M/year when fully intact, what is the market rate for a cornerback missing a heel? See "Defensive backs" thread for full story.

Bretsky
03-16-2018, 06:16 PM
Brashaud Breeland is back on the market, minus some of his left foot. If he's worth $8M/year when fully intact, what is the market rate for a cornerback missing a heel? See "Defensive backs" thread for full story.

He might be the best left assuming we don't get da Cards guy

woodbuck27
03-17-2018, 11:36 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/77018/309/2018-nfl-free-agent-tracker

2018 NFL Free Agent Tracker

mraynrand
03-17-2018, 12:07 PM

Sign that contract!

https://graysonengelman.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/foot1.jpg

pbmax
03-18-2018, 09:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYgdTDhX4AAxGG-.jpg:large

mraynrand
03-18-2018, 11:33 AM
Bonus points if you can name, off the top of your head, all the Cleveland "quarterbacks" who played with Thomas.

At one point I actually thought Thomas would fake his own death to get out of Cleveland.

pbmax
03-18-2018, 11:54 AM
I might get half:

Manziel
Anderson
Brady WhatsHisFace from Notre Dame
RGIII
Steny Hoyer
DeShone Kizer
One of them has to be a McCown
Colt McCoy
oh, Holmgren, ah, Seneca Wallace I think

Not even half

pbmax
03-18-2018, 12:33 PM
"You can always manipulate the cap." ~ paraphrase of Tank

Contra that with the Cowboys:

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
Still paying $9 million in dead Romo bucks. Also have $16.5 mil in Dez and $7 mil in what's left of Witten. Slap the franchise tag on Tank, and there's no wiggle room for upgrades

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
The #Cowboys SHOULD be a team trying hard to upgrade so they can win during their cheap QB window (like the Rams). Bad spending habits of the past, mixed with loyalty/indecision about a few veterans, have really hamstrung them.

And this doesn't even cover the shenanigans they played with Tyson Smith to get his cap numbers down. I think Smith is on year 4 of a 25 year deal. All possible because Tyson Smith was handing out money to his family faster than it was coming in. If not for that team friendly deal, they would be in worse shape.