PDA

View Full Version : Official 2018 Mock Draft Thread

BZnDallas
01-18-2018, 08:50 AM
Mel Whabbty Whabbty Kiper Jr has his Mock 1.0 out this morning. Anybody with access willing to share who he has going at no. 14?

In other Mock Draft news I've seen our GBPs drafting the Iowa CB Jackson(?) in a few mocks, and Georgia ILB Roquan Smith.

run pMc
01-18-2018, 10:00 AM
Kiper is about as accurate as the rest of us.

The Iowa CB is supposed to be good, however. I'd be more excited about Smith at 14 if I knew Clay/Perry could stay healthy, and Smith ran a blistering 40 time. Not sure an ILB is what they really need, although the defense does need playmakers.

Joemailman
01-18-2018, 10:16 AM
PFF has Packers taking Harold Landry - Edge - Boston College. They have Josh Jackson going 11th. Roquan Smith 21. https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2018-nfl-mock-draft-2?utm_content=bufferdbb4b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=college

Joemailman
01-18-2018, 11:03 AM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/18/mel-kiper-picks-intriguing-pass-rusher-for-packers-in-first-mock-draft/

Mel Kiper’s first mock draft has the Green Bay Packers taking University of Texas-San Antonio defensive end Marcus Davenport.

While Boston College’s Harold Landry has been a popular selection for the Packers, Davenport is an intriguing prospect who has slowly gained momentum going into this year’s draft.

Kiper cites the aging of Clay Matthews and inconsistent play from Nick Perry as reasons for the Packers to target Davenport.

“(Davenport is) one of the best pure pass-rushers in this class, and we’ll get to see him against better competition at the Senior Bowl,” Kiper wrote in his mock draft Thursday.

Davenport, at close to 6-7 and weighing 255 pounds, can wreak havoc as a rusher.

“He’s still fairly raw, but Davenport’s ceiling is limitless,” Luke Easterling of Draft Wire wrote. “He can play with his hand in the dirt or standing up, and put up big numbers for the Roadrunners this season (17.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks). With NFL-level coaching, he could easily become an impact player at the next level sooner than later.”

PFF has him going #22.

Smidgeon
01-18-2018, 11:10 AM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/18/mel-kiper-picks-intriguing-pass-rusher-for-packers-in-first-mock-draft/

PFF has him going #22.

Senior Bowl and combine should help sort that out in the eyes of the pundits.

Joemailman
01-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Senior Bowl and combine should help sort that out in the eyes of the pundits.

Senior Bowl is great for guys like Davenport who have top talent but haven't played against top competition. He'll go up against the top senior OT's entering the draft.

call_me_ishmael
01-18-2018, 11:30 AM
The pass rusher from Virginia Tech is supposed to be extremely athletic. Would not mind hearing more.

texaspackerbacker
01-18-2018, 12:43 PM
It seems like maybe these mock drafts base their thinking on past choices by a team. For example, that UTSA guy sounds more like he'd be a good 4-3 DE. We've sort of made that mistake a couple of times recently with Perry and Datone Jones. And drafting another Corner in the first round shows the same thinking - even though Jackson might be a good choice.

I really want an athletic pass rusher, but I just can't get Jamal Reynolds out of my mind - and how happy I was with that draft pick before he bombed out.

Joemailman
01-18-2018, 12:52 PM
It seems like maybe these mock drafts base their thinking on past choices by a team. For example, that UTSA guy sounds more like he'd be a good 4-3 DE. We've sort of made that mistake a couple of times recently with Perry and Datone Jones. And drafting another Corner in the first round shows the same thinking - even though Jackson might be a good choice.

I really want an athletic pass rusher, but I just can't get Jamal Reynolds out of my mind - and how happy I was with that draft pick before he bombed out.

Perry wasn't a mistake in terms of ability. He's damn good when healthy. Unfortunately that's not very often. Jones was not drafted to play OLB. They only tried that after he failed at playing on the line. If Davenport has the physical traits, he could play outside despite his size. Think Julius Peppers.

texaspackerbacker
01-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Perry wasn't a mistake in terms of ability. He's damn good when healthy. Unfortunately that's not very often. Jones was not drafted to play OLB. They only tried that after he failed at playing on the line. If Davenport has the physical traits, he could play outside despite his size. Think Julius Peppers.

I don't know enough about Davenport to comment on him, but Datone seemed like he could have been a great 4-3 DE, but the Packers tried to make him a 3-4 DE and then OLB, neither of which he was suited for. And Perry has been borderline decent his whole career, but far from a superstar. I would have expected better from a first rounder.

As for Peppers, he's a hall of fame level superstar who proved he could do the job in any system, even at an advanced age. Hell, I bet if he'd played TE, he would have been all pro there.

Joemailman
01-18-2018, 01:18 PM
I don't know enough about Davenport to comment on him, but Datone seemed like he could have been a great 4-3 DE, but the Packers tried to make him a 3-4 DE and then OLB, neither of which he was suited for. And Perry has been borderline decent his whole career, but far from a superstar. I would have expected better from a first rounder.

As for Peppers, he's a hall of fame level superstar who proved he could do the job in any system, even at an advanced age. Hell, I bet if he'd played TE, he would have been all pro there.

You're right. They thought they could make Jones into a 3-4 DE. My point is that just because Davenport might have somewhat similar size to Jones isn't all that relevant. If the Packers decide to draft Davenport it will be because they believe he has a different skill set. The biggest question with him will be whether he has the ability to drop into coverage.

call_me_ishmael
01-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Is it crazy to want Vita Vea if there isn't a stud pass rusher available? I remember in 2010 our DL was so stoud and fat that they were pretty successful. Imagine Daniels at end (short), Clark at end, and then Vea at the thicky thicky center. Vea is supposed to be a true stud. I would be surprised if he's available at 14.

Smidgeon
01-18-2018, 01:22 PM

I remember people saying that Datone Jones was the first prototypical 3-4 DE that Green Bay had tried drafting. Maybe he was better as a 4-3 end, but it appears he had more success in GB than elsewhere, so who knows.

Successful first rounders aren't superstars. There's a higher chance of them there, but a successful first rounder is a consistent starter. You hope to hit one there due to the higher odds, but baseline is not superstar. Not even in the Top 10.

Look at the 1st round of the 2006 draft. A lot of long term starters, a lot of wash outs, and one bona fide star (Ngata). That isn't atypical. Getting Raji and Matthews in the same draft is incredibly rare (both breakout stars in 2010).

texaspackerbacker
01-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Optimist that I am, Joe, if they did draft Davenport - unlikely IMO, I'd be hopeful, especially with this new GM, that they know what they're doing and the guy is star quality from a lower level school.

Smidgeon, true, not all, probably not even a majority of first rounders turn into superstars, but some do, and we just haven't been getting our share - really none since Clay Matthews, and we should have had a couple since then. Raji don't count. If he was ever star quality at all, he faded way too quick.

gbgary
01-18-2018, 09:20 PM
will the no-brainers be gone by 14? i'd rather they draft a no-brainer than someone with "upside" if you know what i mean.

gbgary
01-18-2018, 09:25 PM
You're right. They thought they could make Jones into a 3-4 DE. My point is that just because Davenport might have somewhat similar size to Jones isn't all that relevant. If the Packers decide to draft Davenport it will be because they believe he has a different skill set. The biggest question with him will be whether he has the ability to drop into coverage.

i'd want the pass-rusher to be rushing the passer rather than dropping into coverage. but that's just me. lol

Joemailman
01-19-2018, 01:10 AM
i'd want the pass-rusher to be rushing the passer rather than dropping into coverage. but that's just me. lol

The idea in the 3-4 has always been that the OLB might be rushing or might be dropping into coverage. The QB isn't sure which. Take that doubt away and it's a lot easier to attack the defense.

Smidgeon
01-19-2018, 02:01 AM
Optimist that I am, Joe, if they did draft Davenport - unlikely IMO, I'd be hopeful, especially with this new GM, that they know what they're doing and the guy is star quality from a lower level school.

Smidgeon, true, not all, probably not even a majority of first rounders turn into superstars, but some do, and we just haven't been getting our share - really none since Clay Matthews, and we should have had a couple since then. Raji don't count. If he was ever star quality at all, he faded way too quick.

Raji counted because his play in 2010 helped get the trophy. He burned out super fast (back down to consistent starter level), but he burned very bright that year.

You're right. On the defensive side, we haven't hit except for (maybe) Casey Hayward. But he isn't on the team anymore due to injuries and rookie potential from Randall and Rollins and Shields upping his game.

The Packers are due for a superstar. Honestly, it might be Clark. We'll see. But it's still not something you can target in a draft, otherwise they'd all go #1, #2, and #3 instead of showing up in random spots in the draft.

Bretsky
01-19-2018, 06:31 AM
Mel Whabbty Whabbty Kiper Jr has his Mock 1.0 out this morning. Anybody with access willing to share who he has going at no. 14?

In other Mock Draft news I've seen our GBPs drafting the Iowa CB Jackson(?) in a few mocks, and Georgia ILB Roquan Smith.

LOVE REQUAN SMITH !!!!!!!!!!!

gbgary
01-19-2018, 12:01 PM

yeah i know...was half kidding.

Carolina_Packer
01-19-2018, 01:35 PM
will the no-brainers be gone by 14? i'd rather they draft a no-brainer than someone with "upside" if you know what i mean.

Dilly, dilly and Amen to that thought. There are no guarantees, but there are guys who are more "out of the box" ready than a guy who has all the physical tools, but needs seasoning. I realize there isn't always a one for one fit when a guy moves from college to pro, but don't take a guy who has never put his hand in the dirt and expect that he will ever make the transition if there is someone who has done so and they are close enough together in grade.

run pMc
01-19-2018, 01:47 PM
IIRC Datone was supposed to be the top rated prototype 5 tech DE in a 3-4 in that year's draft, with some scheme versatility.

I'm with others re: taking the closest thing to a no-brainer available. I'd prefer that to be a pass rusher with CB a close 2nd. If it ends up being a dynamic WR or TE (unlikely) I'd probably be ok as long as they settled the Nelson/Cobb situation so they could use that money to extend ARodgers and sign some FA's. Picking at 14 means more players will be on the board than in the past...plus means picking in later rounds higher, so there's always a chance of picking someone who slides to early Day 2.

Pass rush can hide iffy CB's better, and if you can effectively rush without blitzing then you really make it hard on an offense. I don't think they will draft DL high, they will give Montravious a chance...it's the LB/CB levels they will seek to improve.

pbmax
01-19-2018, 01:54 PM
How about this? Given team track record of DB versus pass rush, you draft the CB and sign the pass rush even if that approach hurts the cap short term.

Reason is that maybe the pro player guys will make less mistakes filling Pettine's system than the college guys made filling Sanders and Capers systems.

Smidgeon
01-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Dilly, dilly and Amen to that thought. There are no guarantees, but there are guys who are more "out of the box" ready than a guy who has all the physical tools, but needs seasoning. I realize there isn't always a one for one fit when a guy moves from college to pro, but don't take a guy who has never put his hand in the dirt and expect that he will ever make the transition if there is someone who has done so and they are close enough together in grade.

And this is how you draft AJ Hawk again. Long term consistent starter who everyone complains about, dreams about the breakout stars that could have been had in that position, and wants to replace for the next ten years.

Joemailman
01-20-2018, 10:14 AM
CollegeFootball 24/7

@NFLDraft
.@NFL announces record 106 underclassmen granted special early eligibility for 2018 #NFLDraft.http://on.nfl.com/8Rf2QX

Packers have a lot of picks. Could be a good year for it.

red
01-20-2018, 11:46 AM
mock drafts this early are next to worthless, none of them have any clue right now where anyone is going

the one good thing to take from them is what positions people think we are in need of. seems like CB, OLB and ILB are the positions everyone thinks we need. which would mark about the 5th offseason in a row where those were our biggest needs

i've also seen 1 or 2 sites having us taking a TE, which i think is a complete waste in fat mikes offense. and one site having us taking a DT, which i think might be our strongest position

i'd like to see more mocks having us taking a top tier WR, we need someone other then adams to get open and make plays

red
01-20-2018, 11:53 AM
How about this? Given team track record of DB versus pass rush, you draft the CB and sign the pass rush even if that approach hurts the cap short term.

Reason is that maybe the pro player guys will make less mistakes filling Pettine's system than the college guys made filling Sanders and Capers systems.

i don't know if there's a lot of pass rush talent in free agency

and if we had such a good track record drafting CB's then we would be in desperate need of another one

Joemailman
01-20-2018, 12:49 PM
mock drafts this early are next to worthless, none of them have any clue right now where anyone is going

the one good thing to take from them is what positions people think we are in need of. seems like CB, OLB and ILB are the positions everyone thinks we need. which would mark about the 5th offseason in a row where those were our biggest needs

i've also seen 1 or 2 sites having us taking a TE, which i think is a complete waste in fat mikes offense. and one site having us taking a DT, which i think might be our strongest position

i'd like to see more mocks having us taking a top tier WR, we need someone other then adams to get open and make plays

I think it will be OLB, CB or WR in Round 1. Is Ridley good enough to draft that high?

pbmax
01-20-2018, 01:04 PM
i don't know if there's a lot of pass rush talent in free agency

and if we had such a good track record drafting CB's then we would be in desperate need of another one

Packers have gone through more talent at CB in last six years than the Bears have had in two decades. They just get injured, career ends early or we mishandle them and ship them off to second contract somewhere else.

Joemailman
01-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Packers picks in Draftwire 4 round Mock Draft. http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/01/17/2018-nfl-mock-draft-4-round-projections-heading-into-senior-bowl-week/2/

1. Harold Landry - Edge - Boston College
2. James Washington - WR - Oklahoms St.
3. Mike Gersicki - TE - Penn St.
4. Jack Cichy - LB - Wisconsin

I'd love Washington in the 2nd round. What do Badger fans think of Cichy?

Cheesehead Craig
01-20-2018, 02:22 PM
I like Cichy, but he is always hurt. He's not a starter, just a spot pass rusher, IMO.

pbmax
01-20-2018, 03:53 PM
Packers picks in Draftwire 4 round Mock Draft. http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/01/17/2018-nfl-mock-draft-4-round-projections-heading-into-senior-bowl-week/2/

Projecting him a pro on 2 memorable games and a handful of other plays seems dangerous. He seems small to me but I don't know his measurables. He played mostly inside

Teamcheez1
01-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Packers have a lot of picks. Could be a good year for it.

I'm with you on this. With 106 underclassmen declared so far, it will change the whole complexion of the draft.

gbgary
01-20-2018, 07:36 PM
profootball focus also had us picking landry...

profootballfocus.com 2018-nfl-mock-draft-2 (https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2018-nfl-mock-draft-2)

texaspackerbacker
01-20-2018, 08:19 PM

They got the priority of positions right. What I could find out on Landry was not too hot - very unspectacular stats and kinda short at 6'3 for an edge rusher. I like what I read about Marcus Davenport better.

Washington does seem too good to last until mid second round. He's a deep threat that would be nice to get.

Gesicki seems stiff even though he isn't overly big. I think we could do better farther down in the draft. I will be watching for him in the Senior Bowl though. We need Jimmy Graham plus a mid round athletic draft pick TE even if he's a project.

My heart says Cichy in the 4th is good. My head says he will be around in the 5th or 6th and would be a bargain then. What I really want is Clay Matthews at ILB paired with Martinez. Then we don't really need to draft one.

Joemailman
01-20-2018, 08:49 PM
They got the priority of positions right. What I could find out on Landry was not too hot - very unspectacular stats and kinda short at 6'3 for an edge rusher. I like what I read about Marcus Davenport better.

Washington does seem too good to last until mid second round. He's a deep threat that would be nice to get.

Gesicki seems stiff even though he isn't overly big. I think we could do better farther down in the draft. I will be watching for him in the Senior Bowl though. We need Jimmy Graham plus a mid round athletic draft pick TE even if he's a project.

My heart says Cichy in the 4th is good. My head says he will be around in the 5th or 6th and would be a bargain then. What I really want is Clay Matthews at ILB paired with Martinez. Then we don't really need to draft one.

Landry had an ankle injury in 2017 which caused him to miss their last 5 games. He was dominant in 2016 with 16 sacks. His draft position could well depend on whether teams feel the ankle is still an issue.

Pugger
01-21-2018, 07:27 AM
Landry had an ankle injury in 2017 which caused him to miss their last 5 games. He was dominant in 2016 with 16 sacks. His draft position could well depend on whether teams feel the ankle is still an issue.

What kind of injury was it?

Joemailman
01-21-2018, 08:29 AM

I'm guessing it's an ankle sprain. I've read nothing to indicate surgery was needed. He does not appear to be on the Senior Bowl roster, although he was invited. Guess we'll have to wait until the Combine to find out about him.

texaspackerbacker
01-21-2018, 09:47 AM

His stats were not very good in '17 even before he missed those games. Maybe he was playing injured the first 6 or 7 games.

Joemailman
01-21-2018, 09:57 AM
His stats were not very good in '17 even before he missed those games. Maybe he was playing injured the first 6 or 7 games.

Could be. Or maybe he was getting double-teamed a lot because he was so good in 2016. Film often tells more than stats.

gbgary
01-23-2018, 10:46 AM
here are some recent mocks:

cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-land-saquon-barkley-bears-select-calvin-ridley/)

landof10.com/mock-draft-2018-first-round (https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/nfl-mock-draft-2018-first-round-projections-top-players-2018-nfl-draft-order-january-23)

seccountry.com/sec/nfl-mock-draft-2018-first-round- (https://www.seccountry.com/sec/nfl-mock-draft-2018-first-round-picks-top-players-order-2018-nfl-draft-1-23)

bleacherreport.com/nfl-mock-draft (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755376-nfl-mock-draft-2018-post-conference-championship-1st-round-predictions)

sbnation.com/2018-nfl-mock (https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/22/16917658/2018-nfl-mock-draft-senior-bowl-baker-mayfield-josh-allen-browns-giants-broncos)

Joemailman
01-23-2018, 07:06 PM
DraftTek Mock Draft Packer Picks:

1. Denzel Ward - CB - Ohio St.
2. Deon Cain - WR - Clemson
3. Jaylon Ferguson - Edge - La. Tech
4. Mike Gesicki - TE - Penn St.
5. Jason Cabinda - ILB - Penn St.
6. Gaelin Elmore - DE - Minnesota
7. Daylon Mack - NT - Texas A&M

pbmax
01-23-2018, 08:20 PM
If the Packers draft someone named Ferguson, Bretsky will melt down and someone will be very confused about the PackerRat relationship between them and Turd Ferguson.

call_me_ishmael
01-23-2018, 09:14 PM
My gut feeling is the Packers will trade down into the mid-20s or something. Somebody is gonna fall in love with one of the QBs.

call_me_ishmael
01-23-2018, 10:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000909727/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-articleshare

I don't think I've ever seen Edmunds, Vea or Davenport play, but I'm good with any of them in that order. Vea may not fit the ideal spot but getting a huge and powerful line will enable line backers to run free and make things happen.

gbgary
01-24-2018, 10:41 AM
at senior bowl practice:

Marcus Davenport‏
@MarcusJD84
Follow Follow @MarcusJD84
More
Got to improve, the Oline got the best of me today

2:08 PM - 23 Jan 2018

read a bit of his timeline and see what people are saying about him.

twitter.com/MarcusJD84 (https://twitter.com/MarcusJD84?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp% 7Ctwgr%5Eauthor)

they'd better not take a flyer on him in the first round.

mraynrand
01-24-2018, 01:10 PM
My gut feeling is the Packers will trade down into the mid-20s or something. Somebody is gonna fall in love with one of the QBs.

Maybe Green Bay

denverYooper
01-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Maybe Green Bay

We need a new backup to groom for failure the next time Rodgers gets injured.

mraynrand
01-24-2018, 03:54 PM
We need a new backup to groom for failure the next time Rodgers gets injured.

No, no! We waste 5th round picks on failed backups. We blow second round picks on guys we pick as insurance in case Rodgers doesn't pan out. First round picks are all used for golden HOF MVPs - especially the guys who drop to the end of the first round or drunks who Jerry Glanville hates.

denverYooper
01-24-2018, 04:15 PM
No, no! We waste 5th round picks on failed backups. We blow second round picks on guys we pick as insurance in case Rodgers doesn't pan out. First round picks are all used for golden HOF MVPs - especially the guys who drop to the end of the first round or drunks who Jerry Glanville hates.

LOL.

I did think about that. Favre was 35 when then then-new Packers GM Ted Thompson drafted Rodgers. Rodgers is 34.

mraynrand
01-24-2018, 04:50 PM
Think of the power the Packers have to change lives, just due to draft position. If Lamar Jackson falls to them in the 1st, he will be a HOF QB. If he falls to them the second round, he will be a bust (especially since he's from Louisville).

pbmax
01-24-2018, 05:42 PM
Think of the power the Packers have to change lives, just due to draft position. If Lamar Jackson falls to them in the 1st, he will be a HOF QB. If he falls to them the second round, he will be a bust (especially since he's from Louisville).

Atlanta could also take him late and then trade him for a first to compete the incantation.

Joemailman
01-24-2018, 08:54 PM
at senior bowl practice:

read a bit of his timeline and see what people are saying about him.

twitter.com/MarcusJD84 (https://twitter.com/MarcusJD84?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp% 7Ctwgr%5Eauthor)

they'd better not take a flyer on him in the first round.

Very different report on Davenport:

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-south-team-page

Tues: Primarily lined up at defensive end. Looked super quick and very athletic. Quick with his hands and explosive and flashed impressive lower-body power. Struggles once engaged in a block and was manhandled by Alex Cappa on one down.

Wed: Another solid practice for Davenport. He is an imposing figure and can be tough to handle. Davenport plays with great balance and body control and is never off his feet. He held his ground against double-team blocks and besides the power, showed excellent speed.

People making a big deal about him getting flattened on one running play. He's a guy with a lot of potential upside. Lot of evaluation left to be done.

George Cumby
01-24-2018, 08:56 PM
Atlanta could also take him late and then trade him for a first to compete the incantation.

I’m going to the back yard to behead a chicken right now. If only I had a hecatome of cattle to sacrifice to the football Gods.

call_me_ishmael
01-24-2018, 10:58 PM

People making a big deal about him getting flattened on one running play. He's a guy with a lot of potential upside. Lot of evaluation left to be done.

The only thing that I keep coming back to is that if this guy was a sure thing and a guaranteed star, he'd go #1 in the draft with that size. He's going to be a project but I agree, lots of upside potential. Boom or bust pick, I wouldn't mind it I don't think. Worse case, he should be able to defend okay with that size alone.

pbmax
01-25-2018, 08:43 AM
The Lamar Jackson Project

1. Falls to Packers in the first or taken before Packers second round pick (need a trade then)
2. Regarded as typical athletic college QB with big arm (add in some racially tinged anonymous scout commentary for chip on shoulder)
3. Louisville's non track record of producing pro QBs
4. Packer's don't need a starting QB, do need a few other things

The only thing not going the Packer way here is Bridgewater. His relative success might mess up the draft/trade juju here.

pbmax
01-25-2018, 08:51 AM

Packers need pass rush. Plenty of cheap FAs to play the run (Quentin Dial, RJF, Lawrence Guy, Ahmad Brooks).

gbgary
01-25-2018, 11:45 AM

his own words were most surprising.

this quote from your post doesn't bode well:

Tues: Primarily lined up at defensive end. Looked super quick and very athletic. Quick with his hands and explosive and flashed impressive lower-body power. Struggles once engaged in a block and was manhandled by Alex Cappa on one down.

that's going to happen on every play where's he rushing...and this is against big-time college guys not pros. sounds like he's a project guy for some team who can afford to put low in a depth chart.

give me a no-brainer even at a different position first.

Carolina_Packer
01-25-2018, 10:07 PM
I’m going to the back yard to behead a chicken right now. If only I had a hecatome of cattle to sacrifice to the football Gods.

So, you have chickens, but no cattle? What kind of operation are you running?

wist43
01-28-2018, 10:56 AM
Just starting to look at guys...

So far I like Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, LB, Oklahoma

Would pass on Marcus Davenport, DE, UT-San Antonio... not quick enough.

Jeff Holland, LB, Auburn... doesn't have any special traits. His get off is average - didn't see much of him dropping in coverage. Seems to be a one-speed player.

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, VT... very intriguing player. Tall, rangy, takes good angles - can get caught looking in the backfield too much though. Could be a very versatile player. Want to see what he runs at the combine.

Freak Out
01-28-2018, 11:20 AM
So, you have chickens, but no cattle? What kind of operation are you running?

I'll buy a steer from my brother in-law for the sacrifice..as an added benefit he lives in Minnesota.

Freak Out
01-28-2018, 11:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUdxy836WY4

Joemailman
01-28-2018, 11:23 AM
Edmunds is a really intriguing player. Would fit great in Pettine's scheme because he could line up at OLB, ILB or DE. That said, I think he'll go Top 10.

gbgary
01-28-2018, 11:50 AM
Just starting to look at guys...

So far I like Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, LB, Oklahoma

Would pass on Marcus Davenport, DE, UT-San Antonio... not quick enough.

Jeff Holland, LB, Auburn... doesn't have any special traits. His get off is average - didn't see much of him dropping in coverage. Seems to be a one-speed player.

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, VT... very intriguing player. Tall, rangy, takes good angles - can get caught looking in the backfield too much though. Could be a very versatile player. Want to see what he runs at the combine.

this is pff's grades for edge guys:

1. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo – 89.0 overall grade

2. Marcus Davenport – 84.0 overall grade

3. Tyquan Lewis – 83.4 overall grade

i'm sure Okorankwo's nickname in the pros will be Kronk if he's any good.

i didn't watch the game.

profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2018-reeses-senior-bowl-recap (https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2018-reeses-senior-bowl-recap)

Fritz
01-28-2018, 11:56 AM
" His get off is average"

I read a biography of Alfred Kinsey, and in his studies he found a guy who could get off in less than ten seconds - in front of people.

As for Okoranko, wouldn't his nickname be "Rank"?

That's how much I know about these guys.

gbgary
01-28-2018, 12:30 PM
" His get off is average"

I read a biography of Alfred Kinsey, and in his studies he found a guy who could get off in less than ten seconds - in front of people.

As for Okoranko, wouldn't his nickname be "Rank"?

That's how much I know about these guys.

:rs:

i was working off the Gronk nickname. it was just a guess.