PDA

View Full Version : Ishmael Flicks

call_me_ishmael
02-02-2018, 02:27 AM
End of the F***ing World. 2 Thumbs. Short and sweet, just the way I like 'em.

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2018, 12:36 AM
Infinity War. Cannot wait.

woodbuck27
05-01-2018, 09:53 PM
http://www.movienewsletters.net/photos/263203R1.jpg

Deputy Nutz
05-02-2018, 08:08 AM
It was a hell of a movie. It is not easy to make a movie about the destruction of the universe, and then literally have the universe destroyed. It doesn't make for a happy ending

mraynrand
05-02-2018, 09:57 AM
Hard to keep track of everyone

https://i.stack.imgur.com/nfI3M.jpg

call_me_ishmael
05-02-2018, 11:59 AM
I thought they did an excellent job executing it. They gave Thanos great depth too. I am incredibly excited for the next one in the series, probably "Avengers: Endgame", and starting the transition from Stark/Cap to the new set of heroes.

I predict that Cap will have a very honorable death saving Tony in the next one. Then Bucky will become the new Cap, just like the books. Tony will retire and take over Fury's role as director of the Avengers.

Deputy Nutz
05-02-2018, 02:00 PM
Whatever our predictions are for the next movie will be wrong.

But my prediction will be that Black Widow takes the big leap of death. Hulk finally comes out, but it's not just Hulk, It is WORLD BREAKER HULK!!! Or even better HEART OF THE MONSTER HULK will absolutely crush Thanos. Now Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet is still a different story. Thanos with the gauntlet controls the fundamentally forces of the universe. So no one is going to over power Thanos. Thanos without the gauntlet will get completely pummeled by World Breaker Hulk.

So Thanos will lose the gauntlet by cunning not force.

mraynrand
05-02-2018, 02:35 PM
Did the Fantastic 4 and the X-men chip in? I think they could replace the raccoon with The Punisher and get bigger bang for their buck.

Eventually, the Watcher will just come in and neutralize them all. Unless Galactus has anything to say about it.

Deputy Nutz
05-03-2018, 07:46 AM
That Raccoon might be the best thing about the MCU!!!

No Xmen, No Fantastic 4. The merger has not gone through yet.

Zool
05-03-2018, 08:04 AM
They can leave the Fantastic 4 right out of it. XMen will be in eventually.

The movie was outstanding.

mraynrand
05-03-2018, 08:58 AM
They can leave the Fantastic 4 right out of it.

Wait, what? You not a FF fan? (Leave aside that the FF movies were meh and that it would be challenging to have Johnny Storm and Captian American in the same scene).

Galactus has the sadz

https://joshwoodjokesdotcom2.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/sad_galactus.jpg

mraynrand
05-03-2018, 08:59 AM
That Raccoon might be the best thing about the MCU!!!

right after Howard the Duck?

Zool
05-03-2018, 09:24 AM
Take the Human Torch and The Thing out, and they are a pretty sad duo.

mraynrand
05-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Take the Human Torch and The Thing out, and they are a pretty sad duo.

I always get a kick out of Reed Richards, the 'dispassionate' scientist. He's got this hottie running around and yet he ignores her and totally focuses on building devices that open portals to the neutral zone, populated with personal and world-threatening dangers. Susan Storm is a 'thinly drawn' character, lacking in substance. At least she's not opaque. heh heh.

Zool
05-03-2018, 12:50 PM
What if she flew Wonderwoman's invisible jet?

mraynrand
05-03-2018, 05:10 PM
What if she flew Wonderwoman's invisible jet?

how would she find it?

Zool
05-03-2018, 09:24 PM
how would she find it?

It’s got that wireframe outline.

3irty1
05-04-2018, 09:06 AM
I grew up on 60's and 70's hand-me-down comics so naturally I'm of the mind that what they've done with the fantastic four in films is a crime against humanity. Without the fantastic four, Marvel is missing the movie rights to Dr. Doom. If they were going to get the franchise back I think it would have already happened. Marvel ended the publication a few years ago in what I assume was a way to give Fox the finger after a failed negotiation. It must just be ransom because Fox clearly has no idea how to make money off of FF.

In those old comics there are times where Reed slaps Susan in the face. Didn't age well.

There are some signs that X-Men is starting to leak back into mainstream Marvel. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are pseudo X-Men. Fox had squeezed just about everything out of the X-Men storylines until they opened up another gold mine with Deadpool. Back in the 90's when Marvel first sold the X-Men film rights, X-Men and Spiderman were the only titles keeping Marvel afloat. In an effort to use that X-Men popularity to give their other characters a boost, they had this big event called the Onslaught Saga that mixed all these other titles into this X-Men plotline. If Marvel were to acquire X-Men film rights tomorrow, they'd need to do a movie like that.

Zool
05-04-2018, 09:14 AM
If Disney completes the Fox buyout, you will get your wish.

mraynrand
05-04-2018, 09:20 AM
^^^ It's not like Reed was going around slapping the shit out of Susan Storm every day. More prevalent and dated are the female cliches of shopping, changing hair styles, incessant hysteria/weeping, and swooning over Prince Namor.

The FF movies were generally poorly made. I was really pissed when a 200 foot tall arrogant Galactus did not appear. The tan-in-a-can collagen-lipped Susan Storm look was disturbing.

I forgot about who owned which rights.

I stopped collecting comics (or my brother did) around the mid eighties. Still, I think my bro has the entire Amazing Spider Man, PPTSS, most of X-men, FF, Hulk, and Avengers (plus a lot of complete short run series) in plastic somewhere. Probably several thousand comics. Lot of great stories in there. Treasure trove really.

3irty1
05-04-2018, 09:33 AM
If Disney completes the Fox buyout, you will get your wish.

Perhaps its naivete but when you're going from 6 media companies that control everything to 5, it seems hard to ignore antitrust law.

mraynrand
05-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Perhaps its naivete but when you're going from 6 media companies that control everything to 5, it seems hard to ignore antitrust law.

How would Warner versus Disney be any more problematic than Marvel versus DC? I never saw anyone try to run anti-trust against the comics companies. Maybe because the stakes weren't as high....

3irty1
05-04-2018, 10:04 AM
^^^ It's not like Reed was going around slapping the shit out of Susan Storm every day. More prevalent and dated are the female cliches of shopping, changing hair styles, incessant hysteria/weeping, and swooning over Prince Namor.

The FF movies were generally poorly made. I was really pissed when a 200 foot tall arrogant Galactus did not appear. The tan-in-a-can collagen-lipped Susan Storm look was disturbing.

I forgot about who owned which rights.

I stopped collecting comics (or my brother did) around the mid eighties. Still, I think my bro has the entire Amazing Spider Man, PPTSS, most of X-men, FF, Hulk, and Avengers (plus a lot of complete short run series) in plastic somewhere. Probably several thousand comics. Lot of great stories in there. Treasure trove really.

Well Bruce Banner's dad did abuse his mom every day and that aged fine because he was supposed to be an abusive guy. Reed slapping Susan in the face and telling her to shut up only happened a few times but its memorable because it was Reed. Such a different time.

I wasn't much of a collector. The comic bubble burst right when I would have cared so I just kept up with the stories. Every penny I had was going into trading card games instead.

Make sure you keep all those old titles. They don't write em like they used to. Marvel has gone full PC/SJW these days. Spiderman is black, the Hulk is asian, Ta Nehisi Coates writes Black Panther, and is about to take over Captain America.

3irty1
05-04-2018, 10:08 AM
How would Warner versus Disney be any more problematic than Marvel versus DC? I never saw anyone try to run anti-trust against the comics companies. Maybe because the stakes weren't as high....

Disney and 21st Century Fox are a hell of a lot more than just comics. Disney is everything from films to ABC to newspapers. Same with Fox.

call_me_ishmael
05-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Folks, as much as I appreciate the discussion, this thread is strictly for me to give snarky one liners about content I personally enjoyed so you all can enjoy what I enjoy.

mraynrand
05-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Disney and 21st Century Fox are a hell of a lot more than just comics. Disney is everything from films to ABC to newspapers. Same with Fox.

First: duh. But I thought we were just talking about movie rights to comic book heroes. Second: Fox will split in the Disney deal, with the news going separate. Even if the value amounts are different, it matters, because a merger that consolidates 'news' control matters more than entertainment to the political class (they never understand how much entertainment influences culture and politics, but whatever).

mraynrand
05-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Folks, as much as I appreciate the discussion, this thread is strictly for me to give snarky one liners about content I personally enjoyed so you all can enjoy what I enjoy.

Don't tell me what to wear to my prom.

3irty1
05-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Whatever our predictions are for the next movie will be wrong.

But my prediction will be that Black Widow takes the big leap of death. Hulk finally comes out, but it's not just Hulk, It is WORLD BREAKER HULK!!! Or even better HEART OF THE MONSTER HULK will absolutely crush Thanos. Now Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet is still a different story. Thanos with the gauntlet controls the fundamentally forces of the universe. So no one is going to over power Thanos. Thanos without the gauntlet will get completely pummeled by World Breaker Hulk.

So Thanos will lose the gauntlet by cunning not force.

I think when Scarlet Witch messed with Hulk in Age of Ultron, that was World Breaker Hulk. If not then perhaps in the events of Ragnarok. I say that because Thor: Ragnarok is a combo of the Ragnarok and Planet Hulk comic events and when the Hulk comes back from the gladiator planet is when he's supposed to go World Breaker and face Tony in the hulkbuster armor. But that happened already in the movie universe.

I like the idea of Heart of the Monster Hulk being in a future Dr. Strange movie.

mraynrand
05-04-2018, 11:11 AM
I think when Scarlet Witch messed with Hulk in Age of Ultron, that was World Breaker Hulk. If not then perhaps in the events of Ragnarok. I say that because Thor: Ragnarok is a combo of the Ragnarok and Planet Hulk comic events and when the Hulk comes back from the gladiator planet is when he's supposed to go World Breaker and face Tony in the hulkbuster armor. But that happened already in the movie universe.

I like the idea of Heart of the Monster Hulk being in a future Dr. Strange movie.

I must have missed a few of these comics and movies... 'hulkbuster' 'world breaker' 'planet hulk' ???

call_me_ishmael
05-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Friends. The sitcom. :tup:

3irty1
05-04-2018, 02:40 PM
I must have missed a few of these comics and movies... 'hulkbuster' 'world breaker' 'planet hulk' ???

In the comics the hulk is conspired against and sent away in a ship by a cabal of Reed, Stark, Blackbolt, and Strange. He crash lands on a gladiator planet starting what is known as the Planet Hulk event. Hulk comes back to Earth more pissed than ever and thus stronger than ever. This started what was called the World War Hulk event. Banner kind of lets go of the wheel and just lets the Hulk rage. This form is said to be World Breaker Hulk. At that level his stomp can cause an earthquake on the whole East Coast. Iron man had a special giant suit of armor made just for the occasion of having to deal with a rogue Hulk called Hulkbuster armor. He puts it on but gets wrecked.

In these things happen but differently. In Age of Ultron Hulk goes apeshit after Scarlett Witch fucks with his mind. Iron man dons the Hulkbuster armor then, so I think this was supposed to be World Breaker Hulk. Banner loses confidence in his ability to control the Hulk and flies off in a ship at the end of Age of Ultron. In Thor:Ragnarok we learn he's landed on the same planet depicted in Planet Hulk only its run by Jeff Goldblum. Hulk leaves with Thor and really has no reason to be record setting angry.

Heart of the Monster is a bunch of obscure characters and soap operaish events lead to Hulk being stuck in perpetual combat in the dark dimension. After doing this for a while he sets a new personal best for being pissed. All the details are way too muddy for a movie but the idea of trapping the Hulk in the dark dimension to get him super pissed and then uncorking him on something tough would be easy enough for Dr Strange to do.

mraynrand
05-05-2018, 07:11 AM
^^^ a lot can happen in 30 years...

mraynrand
05-08-2018, 10:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dco8QerUQAUYFIM.jpg

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2018, 11:53 AM
In the comics the hulk is conspired against and sent away in a ship by a cabal of Reed, Stark, Blackbolt, and Strange. He crash lands on a gladiator planet starting what is known as the Planet Hulk event. Hulk comes back to Earth more pissed than ever and thus stronger than ever. This started what was called the World War Hulk event. Banner kind of lets go of the wheel and just lets the Hulk rage. This form is said to be World Breaker Hulk. At that level his stomp can cause an earthquake on the whole East Coast. Iron man had a special giant suit of armor made just for the occasion of having to deal with a rogue Hulk called Hulkbuster armor. He puts it on but gets wrecked.

In these things happen but differently. In Age of Ultron Hulk goes apeshit after Scarlett Witch fucks with his mind. Iron man dons the Hulkbuster armor then, so I think this was supposed to be World Breaker Hulk. Banner loses confidence in his ability to control the Hulk and flies off in a ship at the end of Age of Ultron. In Thor:Ragnarok we learn he's landed on the same planet depicted in Planet Hulk only its run by Jeff Goldblum. Hulk leaves with Thor and really has no reason to be record setting angry.

Heart of the Monster is a bunch of obscure characters and soap operaish events lead to Hulk being stuck in perpetual combat in the dark dimension. After doing this for a while he sets a new personal best for being pissed. All the details are way too muddy for a movie but the idea of trapping the Hulk in the dark dimension to get him super pissed and then uncorking him on something tough would be easy enough for Dr Strange to do.

What I have learned the last few years of the MCU is that they borrow whatever they want to from the comics to create new plots, and themes throughout their movies. Comic book dorks like ourselves can tear the movies apart and call out the flaws we see in relation to the comics or we can sit back and enjoy the fact that our comic book heroes are dominating the big screen in ways we never thought imaginable.

mraynrand
05-08-2018, 03:16 PM
^^^ I don't care if they follow any story lines or not, just whether the stories and characters are interesting. The first two Spiderman movies, and the Tony Stark and Captain America characters were pretty well drawn. Nothing else really stands out that much to me. Maybe some X-men stuff but they poisoned that with SJW shit. Aunt May was unreasonably hot in the third reboot.

Cheesehead Craig
05-08-2018, 10:05 PM
So far I'm loving the latest Spiderman. Much closer to the comic book than the horrid Tobey McGuire ones.

mraynrand
05-09-2018, 08:57 AM
So far I'm loving the latest Spiderman. Much closer to the comic book than the horrid Tobey McGuire ones.

I think it depends on the era. McGuire was closer to the original Parker. Also, Aunt May isn't supposed to be hotter than Mary Jane or Gwen.

Deputy Nutz
05-09-2018, 09:37 AM
To be fair, I never liked Spider-Man.

The X-Men are down the wrong path with Fox. There were a ton of stories to be told and they just fucked it all up.

3irty1
05-09-2018, 09:59 AM
What I have learned the last few years of the MCU is that they borrow whatever they want to from the comics to create new plots, and themes throughout their movies. Comic book dorks like ourselves can tear the movies apart and call out the flaws we see in relation to the comics or we can sit back and enjoy the fact that our comic book heroes are dominating the big screen in ways we never thought imaginable.

If any of these movies adhered to the comics they would be clunky and boring soap operas. Plus Marvel has long operated in a multiverse that effectively ruins any of the obsessions over canon typical of normal nerdbases. For the most part the MCU writers do a great job of telling better and simpler version of these comic stories while winking at the nerds with allusions and easter eggs.

3irty1
05-09-2018, 10:14 AM
High school Peter Parker is my favorite Peter Parker. This latest reboot has been by far my favorite. How far has Marvel come that now you shoehorn Iron Man into Spiderman's origin story to get people to come see it?

The strength of the X-Men has always been that it's a compelling conflict. It's ideology of MLK vs Malcolm X. Done well, the bad guys aren't evil; they are just wrong. This made the X-Men the jewel of Marvel for years and the lack of it is what makes so many of their current books utter trash. The SJW writers of today's Marvel cast the straw man versions of their political opponents as villains. Ironically, the consequentialist ethics of activism make for extremely compelling villains as with Killmonger in the last Black Panther movie. I read several commentaries from the usual SJW suspects talking about how Killmonger was a hero in the aftermath of that film. Terrific villains make for terrific stories because the conflict is real.

mraynrand
05-09-2018, 08:11 PM
The strength of the X-Men has always been that it's a compelling conflict. It's ideology of MLK vs Malcolm X. Done well, the bad guys aren't evil; they are just wrong.

This is a good insight.

Deputy Nutz
05-10-2018, 08:04 AM
Avengers 4 new title: "Infinite Avengers"

MCU is going to make Avengers 4 into the biggest movie release since "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace". If not bigger

Anti-Polar Bear
05-10-2018, 10:39 AM
This new Avengers flick is lame, in my humble stoic opinion. I mean, [SPOILER ALERT!] a band of hotshot superheroes failed miserably to defeat the antisocial villain in 2.5 hours? Lame. Superman by himself could've annihilated the villain in 3 minutes.

Then there's the part where Dr. Strange gave up a stone in order to save Ironman's life, as if the hundreds of trillions of lives that eventually perished after Thanos acquired all the stones aren't as divine as Ironman's. I mean, that's akin to Rand and Tex's deity saving His beloved Son at the expense of humanity.

The only nice thing about this flick is Elizabeth Olsen's acting and hotness.

3irty1
05-10-2018, 10:46 AM
This new Avengers flick is lame, in my humble stoic opinion. I mean, [SPOILER ALERT!] a band of hotshot superheroes failed miserably to defeat the antisocial villain in 2.5 hours? Lame. Superman by himself could've annihilated the villain in 3 minutes.

Then there's the part where Dr. Strange gave up a stone in order to save Ironman's life, as if the hundreds of trillions of lives that eventually perished after Thanos acquired all the stones aren't as divine as Ironman's. I mean, that's akin to Rand and Tex's deity saving His beloved Son at the expense of humanity.

The only nice thing about this flick is Elizabeth Olsen's acting and hotness.

You must have fallen asleep for the part when Dr. Strange used the time gem to explore possible futures and reported that he found one in which the Avengers win.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-10-2018, 11:10 AM
You must have fallen asleep for the part when Dr. Strange used the time gem to explore possible futures and reported that he found one in which the Avengers win.

So the events in this flick aren't real, they're merely figments of Strange's imagination? If so, lame. If not, it's still lame that the good doc is willing to sacrifice hundreds of billions of innocent lives for an (eventual) Avengers victory.

Zool
05-10-2018, 11:11 AM
So the events in this flick aren't real, they're merely figments of Strange's imagination? If so, lame. If not, it's still lame that the good doc is willing to sacrifice hundreds of billions of innocent lives for an Avengers victory.

One, it’s a movie not reality. Two, all the stones together can alter time and reality. Out of 14million futures doc looked to, one succeeded. Do you understand foreshadowing?

Anti-Polar Bear
05-10-2018, 11:44 AM
One, it’s a movie not reality. Two, all the stones together can alter time and reality. Out of 14million futures doc looked to, one succeeded. Do you understand foreshadowing?

I understand we're talking fictional stuff here. But even in the fictional book that Rand and Tex and countless other brainwashed folks worship, the One was sacrificed for the sake of humanity. Half of the universe's population now dead while Ironman lives? Unjust. Ironman has saved a bunch of lives, but there are plenty of other superheroes out there to take his place. Strange should have let Ironman die, and then avenge his death with the other Avengers.

call_me_ishmael
05-10-2018, 11:58 AM
Yeah I mean it was pretty obvious that sparing Tony was with intent from the dialogue like "We're in the endgame now", and "This is the only way". Strange said earlier in the movie that he would save the Stone over Parker or Stark.

It will be Avengers: Endgame IMO because it works on two levels. One, they will obviously defeat Thanos and travel through time (there are lots of set pics of A4 with them in the A1 gear), and B) it will be the end of feature films for Stark and Cap. I would bet my shirt Cap dies saving Stark, and Bucky becomes the new Cap.

3irty1
05-11-2018, 11:56 AM

APB I'm worried you still haven't connected these dots so let me do it for you. Dr Strange knows exactly 1 way to win. Then he does something that seems crazy. It's safe to assume that he did the crazy thing because he knew the only way to win involved Tony Stark being alive. Yes half of people died, but they did so in a universe where you can put on a glove and undo that with another snap of the fingers. This isn't Game of Thrones. Everybody is coming back.

Zool
05-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Tank has never been too bright. How’s dads CC statement lately Tanky?

Read 31s post. Then read it again. There’s only 1 way to win and that’s by giving up the stone. It’s basically plot slapping you across the face. No thought required.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-12-2018, 10:48 AM
APB I'm worried you still haven't connected these dots so let me do it for you. Dr Strange knows exactly 1 way to win. Then he does something that seems crazy. It's safe to assume that he did the crazy thing because he knew the only way to win involved Tony Stark being alive. Yes half of people died, but they did so in a universe where you can put on a glove and undo that with another snap of the fingers. This isn't Game of Thrones. Everybody is coming back.

Aegon Targaryen came back from the dead in GOT, and therefore, your point is moot.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-12-2018, 11:07 AM
There’s only 1 way to win and that’s by giving up the stone. It’s basically plot slapping you across the face. No thought required.

Which makes the flick lame. Why waste time and energy fighting Thanos at all? Why not just hand the rock over to Thanos while Ironman is on a safe heaven in a far far far away galaxy til he's ready to fulfill his prophecy?

And just when the Avengers are about to cut off Thanos' hand, and thus separating the villain from the all-powerful rocks, the Guardian of the Galaxy head gets mad at Thanos for killing his girlfriend and subsequently fucks up the ordeal. Yo, idiot, we can bring your chick back with a snap of the finger! Lame.

Cheesehead Craig
05-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Read the damn Infinity series, the movie is doing a decent job keeping with the original story.

3irty1
05-13-2018, 10:27 AM
Which makes the flick lame. Why waste time and energy fighting Thanos at all? Why not just hand the rock over to Thanos while Ironman is on a safe heaven in a far far far away galaxy til he's ready to fulfill his prophecy?

And just when the Avengers are about to cut off Thanos' hand, and thus separating the villain from the all-powerful rocks, the Guardian of the Galaxy head gets mad at Thanos for killing his girlfriend and subsequently fucks up the ordeal. Yo, idiot, we can bring your chick back with a snap of the finger! Lame.

Before I answer your questions, lets be clear that this is a comic book movie. If your enjoyment requires not suspending belief and plots that hold up to rigorous scrutiny, you're not prepared for the genre.

But as it turns out your scrutiny wasn't rigorous. Strange didn't make a prophecy. He looked at 14 million of infinite possible futures. He found 1 where the good guys win but that doesn't mean there aren't others. He also didn't take the time to scope out these futures until they were already waiting around to spring their trap on Thanos so this is a bit late to hide Tony Stark. It also doesn't mean Strange knew their trap wouldn't work, which it almost did. And yes Chis Pratt romanced the dog pretty hard.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Red Arrow is a-OK. I've seen better spy flicks. Full of American propaganda, as if the Americans don't torture people and they really care about the rest of the fucking world. And the American individual freedom crap is, well, crap - Americans are all slaves of the the fuckin' capitalists!

And why the fuck are the Russians speaking English? It's like watching the Tom Cruise flick Valkyrie all over again, where the fuckin' Germans all speak fuckin' English.

The beauteous Jenifer Lawrence's acting, as always, is outstanding.

mraynrand
06-16-2018, 08:49 AM
Read the damn Infinity series, the movie is doing a decent job keeping with the original story.

Won't ever do this, but I did see the movie.

Correct me if I'm wrong but
1) Hulk turned into a pussy because he got beat and refused to come out to play, right?
2) 'Star Lord' Sacrificed half of humanity because he teared up over his gf? (They were removing the glove until he blew it, no?)
3) Thor lost half of humanity as well because he got in a chest shot instead of a head shot, right?

otherwise it was pretty compelling story. Vastly and wonderfully grandiose,

small observations:

Too much battling with the 'Venom'-like dogs
Regardless of the business side of it, FF, Galactus and The Watcher are conspicuous in their absence. You could even just have a throwaway line saying that the FF and The Watcher are countering Glactus' attempts to fold the universe into a coin purse. Anyway, what is the hierarchy - are those stones more powerful than The Watcher?

3irty1
07-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Won't ever do this, but I did see the movie.

Correct me if I'm wrong but
1) Hulk turned into a pussy because he got beat and refused to come out to play, right?
2) 'Star Lord' Sacrificed half of humanity because he teared up over his gf? (They were removing the glove until he blew it, no?)
3) Thor lost half of humanity as well because he got in a chest shot instead of a head shot, right?

otherwise it was pretty compelling story. Vastly and wonderfully grandiose,

small observations:

Too much battling with the 'Venom'-like dogs
Regardless of the business side of it, FF, Galactus and The Watcher are conspicuous in their absence. You could even just have a throwaway line saying that the FF and The Watcher are countering Glactus' attempts to fold the universe into a coin purse. Anyway, what is the hierarchy - are those stones more powerful than The Watcher?

1) I think the Hulk turning chicken shit does two things. First, Thanos with gauntlet was nerfed quite a bit for the movie. Beating down the Hulk decisively was probably the only way to establish he's still very formidable. Second, in the aftermath of the comic Infinity Gauntlet, the Hulk is shrunken down to bite size and has a few adventures in the sewers of New York. This is just a less dumb way to take him out of the action. Thanos's goons wouldn't have been much trouble for a non-emo Hulk.

2) Yes Star Lord shat the bed.

3) That's what Thanos said so I guess I believe him. Again he's nerfed. Comic Thanos + Infinity Gauntlet knows everyone's thoughts before they know them and can't be touched unless he allows it.

The stones are way more powerful than a Watcher. The infinity gauntlet puts you in full control of your universe, but not every universe in Marvel's multiverse. In the Marvel hierarchy this puts a being with a fully blinged out gauntlet somewhere below the Living Tribunal but above Marvels' other cosmic entities including Galactus. In the comics where cosmic entities do more stuff, Thanos imprisoned most of them with the gauntlet. He briefly replaced Eternity itself, which I guess is like becoming the Universe. The limits of the Infinity Gauntlet stop when they bump up against the Living Tribunal. This is a neutral entity concerned with keeping some kind of order in the Multiverse. You have to start lawyering with them if your ambitions get too big.

Zool
07-02-2018, 01:34 PM
One theory about Hulk is that he is tired of just being the hired muscle. If they had the rights to make an actual Marvel Hulk movie, they might not have had to add it into this story.

Cheesehead Craig
07-03-2018, 08:05 AM
One theory about Hulk is that he is tired of just being the hired muscle. If they had the rights to make an actual Marvel Hulk movie, they might not have had to add it into this story.

That, and in Ragnorak he believes that Earth hates him and he doesn't want to go back. Then he's forced back there and he's not willing to help out people who would rather he never come back. Hulk is really a giant child whose sulking ability can rival his strength.

call_me_ishmael
12-07-2018, 09:23 AM
https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/1071026846555357186

call_me_ishmael
09-25-2019, 10:45 PM
Far from Home - great. How does Disney make _that_ movie though without a Spiderman contract for the next 5-10 years locked up? Could have gone in any number of directions, and the one they chose really means they need to work it out with Sony.

call_me_ishmael
09-25-2019, 10:46 PM
Endgame was a master piece but I really think Infinity War and Endgame would have been better as three movies and like 8 hours combined instead of the 5.5. Endgame had good pacing and was fun but I wish they had gone deeper into just about everything. Seemed a little bit rushed to me.

Radagast
09-26-2019, 08:23 AM
Comic book heroes, while sometimes entertaining, do not compare with films like Casablanca or Cleopatra or The Godfather. Hercules and Sinbad have been classic heros that possessed great physical strength and/or cleverness, yet those characters have not projected so well as when the legend Ray Harryhausen did the special effects in films like "Jason and the Argonauts", "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad", and "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger".

My favorite films are/were Westerns. Sadly though they don't make them like they used to. Stars like John Wayne and Randolph Scott, and or Yul Brynner. In my opinion, "Silverado" may have been the last great western film made. Films like "Lonesome Dove" and "Quigley;Down Under" do deserve an official nod, but they are not in the same class "The Magnificent Seven" or "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" or "High Noon" with Gary Cooper.

What makes a great Film or Novel great is first a great story. That story then must be shaped into a film script that holds true to the original writers ideas. Then casting the parts must continue along the same path. Finally the Producer/s and the Director need to fulfill the original stories concepts without injecting their own egos into the story. John Ford, Howard Hawks, and others understood these principles and produced films that still hold up today.

https://myfavoritewesterns.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/stagecoach-john.jpg

mraynrand
09-26-2019, 09:33 AM
Comic book heroes, while sometimes entertaining, do not compare with films like Casablanca or Cleopatra or The Godfather.

and yet, you just compared them, albeit unfavorably.

Radagast
09-26-2019, 10:16 AM
Well it seems to have become an expected norm that following any of my post to this forum, that "mraynrand" ( a certified idiot ) feels it necessary to post his vomit in an attempt to cast a negative shadow on my postings. Even though I have officially chosen to ignore his dribble, I have noted his regular habit.

I wish to apologise to the members for this behavior, but I shall continue to post into the future. I can do nothing about the members less than poor behavior. Only the Administrator and Monitors in this forum can take any action against the childish and often vulgar behavior of this member. I'm quite sure that he takes pride in his moronic behavior, but in the best interest of this site and the impression it presents to potential NEW members I ask you to consider the picture that this members behavior presents.

mraynrand
09-26-2019, 11:16 AM
Well it seems to have become an expected norm that following any of my post to this forum, that "mraynrand" ( a certified idiot ).

I object. I have no certification.

mraynrand
09-26-2019, 11:18 AM
BTW, I still like Yul Brynner best in 'Westworld.' Absolutely terrifying.

call_me_ishmael
09-27-2019, 10:18 AM
Sony and Disney kissed and made up. Spiderman back in the MCU!

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Sony and Disney kissed and made up. Spiderman back in the MCU!

Yay!

Radagast
09-27-2019, 04:10 PM
Many of the best ever films are adapted from great literary works. Writers like Stevenson and Clemens and Dickens wrote in a time when the closest thing to a movie was the stage. They and others were successful due to well crafted stories that developed timeless characters that move the readers emotions from anger to delight to deep thought (as in the great mystery novels).

Yes spiderman and the hulk and such others can be entertaining, but they don't have the story depth James Michener, or the subtle emotions that Ernest Hemingway cleverly gave his characters, or page turning drama of Tom Clancy's epics. For me Iron Man was entertaining, but it takes a back seat to films like Spartacus (starring Kirk Douglas) or Ben Hur (starring Charlton Heston). Zombies and Space Monsters may make money for their producers, but they will be forgotten as their replaced by the next fad of the day. However classics like Gone with the Wind and Cleopatra still hold interest due to being more than just the good guys chase and kill the giant evil spider.

Just because a film is older should not be a reason to dismiss it. Many versions of the Dickens classic "A Christmas Carol" have been made, but for me none has yet to eclipse the 1952 version staring Alastair Sim as Scrooge.

mraynrand
09-27-2019, 04:12 PM
M
Yes spiderman and the hulk and such others can be entertaining, but they don't have the story depth James Michener,

Did you ever read Centennial and/or watch the miniseries? That's a great American epic.

Radagast
09-27-2019, 04:55 PM
Just can't stop yourself can you. mraynrand, I don't have to read your post to know that once again you have shown your low quality. Possibly at some point you will finally go to far and get banned from this forum. Until them, you can go back to your hog wallow.

mraynrand
09-27-2019, 06:21 PM
Just can't stop yourself can you. mraynrand, I don't have to read your post to know that once again you have shown your low quality. Possibly at some point you will finally go to far and get banned from this forum. Until them, you can go back to your hog wallow.

You should read it. It's a legit question.

Radagast
09-27-2019, 07:00 PM
Sorry folks, the "Diplomatic Immunity Rat" (key word rat) is a pest too.

hoosier
09-27-2019, 07:13 PM
I don't think Radagast has ever read any Michener, let alone Centennial. Great book, by the way. We got the BOT for a road trip out to VColorado a few years ago. Good road novel.

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2019, 10:57 PM
I'm not saying it's fantastic literature, but Marvel Comics have been addressing issues that mainstream movies and books did not touch during the 70s, 80s, and 90th. They touched on racism, people with physical disabilities, and mental issues. It says something when they intentionally make the most powerful mutant wheelchair-bound. Stan Lee has said repeatedly that he wanted to touch as wide a base as possible but especially the young generation about how everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. Also, unlike DC, Marvel made the vast majority of their heros with big flaws that the general public could relate to. It also wasn't just one line of books, it was over the majority of them on a monthly basis. There's a lot to be said for that.

Radagast
09-28-2019, 07:22 AM
I don't think Radagast has ever read any Michener, let alone Centennial.

Not so at all. Michener works I've read include Chesapeake, Alaska, Space, and Centennial. As for reading on a plane or bus or in a moving car, I've never been one that could read under such conditions. I've also read most of Ian Fleming's James Bond books and countless Zane Gray westerns. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

mraynrand
09-28-2019, 07:39 AM
I've also read most of Ian Fleming's James Bond books ...

Those are generally very good. Of the movies, most people dislike "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" but of the books I find it to be one of the best. The spy game was finding a crack in the enemy's armor, a backdoor way into his world so that you could destroy him from within. Not a lot of gadgets really, but a deep understanding of the enemy so as to find his weakest spot and attack there. With Blofeld, it was his pride and vanity.

mraynrand
09-28-2019, 07:45 AM
I'm not saying it's fantastic literature, but Marvel Comics have been addressing issues that mainstream movies and books did not touch during the 70s, 80s, and 90th. They touched on racism, people with physical disabilities, and mental issues. It says something when they intentionally make the most powerful mutant wheelchair-bound. Stan Lee has said repeatedly that he wanted to touch as wide a base as possible but especially the young generation about how everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. Also, unlike DC, Marvel made the vast majority of their heros with big flaws that the general public could relate to. It also wasn't just one line of books, it was over the majority of them on a monthly basis. There's a lot to be said for that.

Stan Lee was really great. And the comic book is a valid art form. There's skill in the writing - drama, theme, and characterization that Lee brought, but there's also a real skill in the artwork - not only the pictures themselves, but the layouts of the stories themselves. A single panel or a group of panels together done right can tell you everything about what a character is going through, and pace a story. This is a fun exercise - look through an old comic book and see if you can follow the story without the words. In the best comics, this is possible. In other words, when the words augment a story, but the story doesn't depend on the words, you know the comic is great.

Radagast
09-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Someone please tell mraynrand that "Fun with Dick and Jane" is still available and would offer him a literary challenge.

See Jane. See Jane run. (a real page turner in W. Va.)

MadtownPacker
09-28-2019, 10:55 AM
Sorry folks, the "Diplomatic Immunity Rat" (key word rat) is a pest too.The “Rat” names you see many posters have was self chosen during Rat name promos (people get a chance to pick one before they end up with one).

But in some cases, the hard ones, they are based on their horrible behavior or shitty personality. Aynrand’s falls under both.

I’m going to have to check if “Complainer Rat” is available... :lol:

mraynrand
09-28-2019, 10:59 AM
The “Rat” names you see many posters have was self chosen during Rat name promos (people get a chance to pick one before they end up with one).

But in some cases, the hard ones, they are based on their horrible behavior or shitty personality. Aynrand’s falls under both.

shouldn't my name be "Shitty Personality Rat" or "Horrible Personality Rat" then? If I have a choice, how about "Deplorable Rat"

mraynrand
09-28-2019, 11:00 AM
Someone please tell mraynrand that "Fun with Dick and Jane" is still available and would offer him a literary challenge.

See Jane. See Jane run. (a real page turner in W. Va.)

Read my latest posts. You might like them.

BTW, I was a Dr. Suess kid. "When tweedle beetles battle in a bottle in a puddle..."

MadtownPacker
09-28-2019, 03:29 PM
shouldn't my name be "Shitty Personality Rat" or "Horrible Personality Rat" then? If I have a choice, how about "Deplorable Rat"What the hell did you think you are getting immunity from!

call_me_ishmael
09-29-2019, 09:50 PM
Friends from College on Netflix was pretty funny. Not enough comedies these days. Too bad it was cancelled.

hoosier
09-30-2019, 01:32 PM
The “Rat” names you see many posters have was self chosen during Rat name promos (people get a chance to pick one before they end up with one).

Personally I think Curmudgeon Rat would better fit the bill.

Cleft Crusty
09-30-2019, 04:09 PM
Personally I think Curmudgeon Rat would better fit the bill.

It used to be mine

Anti-Polar Bear
10-04-2019, 03:31 AM
Can’t wait to check out the new Joker flick.

Reading some of the reviews, it looks like the Joker arises from alienation, isolation, class-consciousness and bullying. In other words, the Joker is an offspring of abominable capitalism.

mraynrand
10-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Can’t wait to check out the new Joker flick.

Reading some of the reviews, it looks like the Joker arises from alienation, isolation, class-consciousness and bullying. In other words, the Joker is an offspring of abominable capitalism.

It's a movie, not an owner's manual.

HowardRoark
10-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Watched Pawn Sacrifice. I liked it.

mraynrand
10-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Watched Pawn Sacrifice. I liked it.

I remember watching that movie and liking it. But for the life of me, I cannot remember a single thing that happened in the movie. I know there were chessboards and that chess was played, and that the guy from Spiderman was in it, but that's all.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-05-2019, 12:46 PM
It's a movie, not an owner's manual.

Life often imitates art. Alienation, isolation, class-consciousness and bullying are vices of capitalism.

Imma go see Joker on Tues morning, even though i ain't got a date - thanks to capitalism. Tix only 5 frogskins that day.

Who knows, film might just inspire me to fly down to Venezuela at your expense.

Radagast
10-05-2019, 08:49 PM
Life often imitates art. Alienation, isolation, class-consciousness and bullying are vices of capitalism.

Imma go see Joker on Tues morning, even though i ain't got a date - thanks to capitalism. Tix only 5 frogskins that day.

We're not still living in the 1820's or the 1920's and the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964 (more than half a century ago). Sense then , with some clear exceptions, the American society has catered to minorities with the desegregation of schools, affirmative action, housing, welfare, and more. Minorities in entertainment, business, government, and medicine have worked and achieved great things. Granted there will always be those on the extreme edges that live to tear apart instead of building to create better tolerance and civility. The world does not owe any citizen or illegal immigrant anything that they have not worked for and earned. America was built on immigration, but for the most part it took place under the laws set in place and not by illegal means. Let us welcome those that want to come and live in America, but an open border is not the answer.

"Class-consciousness " or the rich and the poor has existed long before recorded history. Don't be fooled into thinking that a Socialist or Fascist or Communist society is classless. They have their elite class and peasant classes and always will. The great thing about America is that while class exist here as well, we have over time struggled to feed and house our most needy, better, moving forward. Bitching and complaining about my America makes me rage. APB you need to go and live in Costa Rica or The Dominican Republic or Liberia or The Philippines for 2 to 3 weeks and your views of America will dramatically change. It would teach you to appreciate your country more.

Are there things that need to be addressed in America, sure there are. Yet change is and will always come through the ballot box. It may not be as quick as some would want, but it remains the only legal path. Presidential decrees that the next President can/and often do overturn don't carry the weight of a law passed (by both houses ) Congress and signed into law by a President. If you don't like the way things are, then run for public office, or elect a representative that shares your views, or move to somewhere where you can be happy, but stop making things worse by continuing to stir up the race pot.If you don't like the police, then join a police dept. and work to change that which you find fault with. I don't personally care for police or sheriff's deputies myself, but without someone to keep the laws that serve to protect society we would be in one hell of a big mess. I know that all police and courts are not perfect, yet someone will always be needed to protect the much greater mass of people that just want to live and work in pease.

I'm not pro right or left, I do want to see those that work and earn a better life be fairly treated. Yet in America business is still private and those that own those businesses (in spite of any laws) still can /and do as they see best. It is not always fair, but it is how it is. If you feel that you can't succeed in their corporation, then do as many over the centuries have done and go into business for yourself and be your own boss in life (for the most part).

Sean Connery was the best 007.
Marilyn Monroe remains the most beautiful female ever. (RIP)
Christopher Reeve remains the best to portray Superman. (RIP)
John Wayne's military and western films still remain in the top 10% of movies ever made. (RIP)
No one has yet fill the shore of Humphrey Bogart or Gregory Peck or Sidney Poitier or Sir Laurence Olivier. Some like Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman, and Meryl Streep will too be remembered when they are gone.
A well made movie, weather made in the 1930s or in 2019 is worthy to view if the story, actors, and production work to present an experience that is memorable beyond 10m minutes following the viewing.
Rest in Peace Diane Carroll. You made history and you made a difference.

call_me_ishmael
10-06-2019, 12:39 AM
The best show on TV, Mr. Robot, returns tomorrow*.

* It's the only show I watch, but critics generally think it's fantastic too.

call_me_ishmael
11-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Mr Robot is the best show on TV but holy fuck tonight's episode went too far for me. Too dark. Elliot went full Heisenberg.

3irty1
11-11-2019, 10:10 AM

What'd you think APB?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-12-2019, 01:38 PM
What'd you think APB?

I'll go see the flick as soon as I finish reading Rada's novel above.

Actually, my groin injury is still fucking with me, not to mention, I still flip burgers for the minimum-wage, so I've been too melancholic to unchain myself from the prison cell (apartment) on days off. Prone to shutting down the realm and entering the matrix.

Oh fie, might have to wait til the flick shows up on DVD.

3irty1
11-12-2019, 03:09 PM
I'll go see the flick as soon as I finish reading Rada's novel above.

Actually, my groin injury is still fucking with me, not to mention, I still flip burgers for the minimum-wage, so I've been too melancholic to unchain myself from the prison cell (apartment) on days off. Prone to shutting down the realm and entering the matrix.

Oh fie, might have to wait til the flick shows up on DVD.

The problem is worse than I thought. Groin injuries, WOW classic, pornography, depressing coldplay... these are the weapons society uses to pacify incels. Somehow the Joker makes it through all the hollywood firewalls to a theater near you but you've not yet filled your soul with it. You were excited up above! I think you should go.

Zool
11-12-2019, 05:32 PM
Not a movie, but the first episode of The Mandalorian is good. Not great, but good. Definitely has potential.

3irty1
11-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Not a movie, but the first episode of The Mandalorian is good. Not great, but good. Definitely has potential.

It was like walking outside and taking a breath of fresh air after being trapped in a room of farts for 30 years. It's a genius direction to take Star Wars into. Hardly a pretense of a plot, a main character that is actor/acting proof, the whole runtime is dedicated to worldbuilding and shootouts. This is Star Wars John Wick and we deserve it.

yetisnowman
11-23-2019, 04:00 PM
It was like walking outside and taking a breath of fresh air after being trapped in a room of farts for 30 years. It's a genius direction to take Star Wars into. Hardly a pretense of a plot, a main character that is actor/acting proof, the whole runtime is dedicated to worldbuilding and shootouts. This is Star Wars John Wick and we deserve it.

Haven't seen the Mandalorian, but I approve this message.

Zool
11-23-2019, 09:39 PM

After the 3rd episode, an article came out saying Favreau will have input into foreseeable future Star Wars projects. It’s getting better by the episode.

call_me_ishmael
11-24-2019, 12:23 AM
If that's true, pretty impressive resume for Favreau with shaping MCU and now beginning to shape Star Wars.

George Cumby
11-24-2019, 07:55 AM
Don't have D+, but really enthused by your enthusiasm.

Talk about a franchise in need of a rescue.

MadtownPacker
11-24-2019, 10:34 AM
After the 3rd episode, an article came out saying Favreau will have input into foreseeable future Star Wars projects. It’s getting better by the episode.That is good news!

The show is why I sign up for D+. Really does have the classic feel to it. I have seen epi 3 but the first two played out great. Enjoying being in that part of the galaxy.

red
11-24-2019, 06:26 PM
That is good news!

The show is why I sign up for D+. Really does have the classic feel to it. I have seen epi 3 but the first two played out great. Enjoying being in that part of the galaxy.

i almost signed up for it just for it too, but i'm kinda blah on star wars after episode 8

now ford vs ferrari, now thats a fucking great movie

Zool
11-24-2019, 07:04 PM
After Ep 8, I considered writing them off forever. I just can’t quit you The Force. I’m just old enough to now have seen every movie in the theater, so despite shitty early reviews I’ll be watching Ep9 in the theater.

call_me_ishmael
11-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Jesus, Mr. Robot is so good but I cannot handle it. Too dark this year. I am too soft.

call_me_ishmael
11-24-2019, 10:18 PM
Whoo, finally a win for the good guys. Dom Dipierro, certified bad ass.

Cheesehead Craig
01-28-2020, 09:04 PM
So I watched all 3.5 hours of The Irishman. I really don't get the hype. Genre's been done to death. Frankly, Goodfellas was much better.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-29-2020, 07:53 AM
Terminator: Dark Fate - John Connor gets fucked, fucking up fate. Flick then morphs into a feminist crusade. Better than the other T2 sequels but mediocrity all around: mediocre writing, acting and directing. 3.5 out of 5 stars - I like the feminism theme.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-29-2020, 08:37 AM
Joker - Class antagonism indeed turns Arthur Fleck into the Joker. What is a man if he utilizes vicious strategies in his crusade to overthrow a vicious society? A vicious clown? A man of virtues? In a kooky way, Arthur Fleck epotimizes the man of virtues.

Excellent acting, directing and writing. 5 out of 5 stars.

Oh, btw, fuck you Thomas Wayne.

Cheesehead Craig
01-29-2020, 11:15 AM
Joker - Class antagonism indeed turns Arthur Fleck into the Joker. What is a man if he utilizes vicious strategies in his crusade to overthrow a vicious society? A vicious clown? A man of virtues? In a kooky way, Arthur Fleck epotimizes the man of virtues.

Great movie. Excellent take on the Joker origin story.

3irty1
01-29-2020, 04:15 PM

About time APB.

mraynrand
01-31-2020, 06:50 PM
About time APB.

If the mask fits, wear it.

call_me_ishmael
09-11-2020, 11:35 AM
Sounds like Marvel had no idea about Chadwick Boseman. Seems negligent to cast an actor in such a high profile and high earning series that impacts shareholders so much and not have done a medical examination. It'd be like signing an NFL player and not reviewing their health before giving them a mega contract.

Seems like Shuri is gonna take over the mantle.

Freak Out
09-15-2020, 10:53 AM
Fuck the shareholders. That's the problem with this country....oh the shareholders!

call_me_ishmael
09-15-2020, 11:15 AM
I agree 100% - but don't you think it's f'n weird that Disney didn't do their due diligence with such a major casting? Seems crazy to me.

SkinBasket
09-16-2020, 06:51 PM
I watched a movie where Cedrick Diggory floated through space in a cardboard box with a baby. People killed each other and raped each other, which I guess is normal these days, but then they found another cardboard box with dogs in it. That was pretty much all that happened. I think maybe he was going... because they were all that was left? That’s why they found the dogs? So... anyway we still had sex after the movie but it was sad, confused sex. But very meaningful.

SkinBasket
09-16-2020, 06:55 PM
I should say his baby was like 15 by the end of the movie. He wasn’t going to , I don’t think.

call_me_ishmael
12-22-2021, 09:53 PM
Hawkeye - two thumbs up.

call_me_ishmael
07-08-2022, 12:12 AM
Juno - oldie but great. JK Simmons is amazingly well cast in everything, but particularly good in this flick.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-08-2022, 10:09 AM
Juno - oldie but great. JK Simmons is amazingly well cast in everything, but particularly good in this flick.

Today I learned: Ellen Page is now Eliot Page.

call_me_ishmael
08-10-2022, 09:24 PM
I LOVED the movie Hustle on Netflix with Adam Sandler. It is fantastic. We need more sports movies like that. It is so good.

texaspackerbacker
12-24-2022, 08:53 PM
We just finished watching Violent Night this Christmas Eve, courtesy of my Naughty List Grandson who somehow streamed it for free. It's one helluva movie - due to become a new Christmas classic, although it might not be suitable for kids. HOHOHO! MERRY CHRISTMAS, RATS.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-25-2022, 09:48 AM
We just finished watching Violent Night this Christmas Eve, courtesy of my Naughty List Grandson who somehow streamed it for free. It's one helluva movie - due to become a new Christmas classic, although it might not be suitable for kids. HOHOHO! MERRY CHRISTMAS, RATS.

Way to go, Tex. Illegal streaming means less frogskins at the box office, meaning less frogskins in a pig’s pocket.

texaspackerbacker
12-25-2022, 11:06 AM
hahahahaha Withholding reply to avoid getting banned on Christmas

Anti-Polar Bear
01-20-2023, 09:55 AM
Yo Partial, have you checked out That 90’s Show yet? The show of our youth (That 70’s Show) is back and it now takes place in the decade of our youth.

Saw a kid wear a William Henderson 30 jersey. Red Forman wears a Packers hat in one episode.

Binge watching the last 4 episodes right now.

call_me_ishmael
01-28-2023, 09:45 PM
Yo Partial, have you checked out That 90’s Show yet? The show of our youth (That 70’s Show) is back and it now takes place in the decade of our youth.

Saw a kid wear a William Henderson 30 jersey. Red Forman wears a Packers hat in one episode.

Binge watching the last 4 episodes right now.

I just finished watching it. I enjoyed it! I thought it was fun. It's not the type of show to win any awards but they don't really make shows like that anymore, and I thought it was a fun watch.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2023, 01:21 PM
Agree with TPB, Violent Night was a very interesting and fun take on Santa.

call_me_ishmael
04-14-2024, 11:55 PM
3 body problem is good.