PDA

View Full Version : illinois sucks

red
09-09-2006, 12:47 PM
no, this isn't one of my usual rants about FIBS, even though it is packer bears weekend

i'm flipping through the direct TV guide trying to find a college game to watch, and none of them jump out at me. then i see illinois at rutgers.. my first thought is, well its a big 10 school against rutgers, this is probably already a blow out. so i flip on the game, yup, 27-0 almost halftime. then it hits me, rutgers is up 27-0, and they're driving. rutgers gets down to the one, and fumbles going into the endzone. illinios gets it, looks completely lost for 3 plays and punts. rutgers marches back down the field and gets a FG

30-0 at half time, should have been 34-0

now heres the best part. the sidline reporter grabs the head coach for rutgers, and he's not really happy, he says they need to start playing better

lol

a coach is up 30-0 at halftime, and he wants his team to play better

you gotta love it, thats the kind of coach i want

ahaha
09-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Illinois = prennial doormats in the Big Ten. Surprising that a big time school with such a good basketball program could repeatedly be so bad in football. I expect this kind of futility from Indiana, but Illinois? Sad.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Illinois gets beat up by tiny Rutgers.

Chicago gets beat up by tiny Green Bay.

Anyone sense a recurring theme?

FritzDontBlitz
09-09-2006, 02:14 PM
don't waste your time watching illinois. watch northern illinois university instead. they just started playing ohio university a little while ago.

FritzDontBlitz
09-09-2006, 02:16 PM
niu and ohio are part of the mid-american conference along with western michigan, the school greg jennings comes from....

Chubbyhubby
09-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Living in IL and being a big Packer and Badger fan I wanted to watch the Badger game today as they play western IL. Well I find out that they are not telecasting it here. They are with the Illinois game, Eastern Illinois, and Northern Illinois. Whats with that with not showing the Badgers game? Is it that really "hatered" towards Wisconsin teams real? It really SUCKS! Its not even on the radio. I am going to watch Ohio State and Texas at 7 on ABC tonight.

justanotherpackfan
09-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Hold on a second. Rutgers isn't exactly a bad team. They are much improved and should no longer be viewed as a pushover.

Charles Woodson
09-09-2006, 08:10 PM
don't waste your time watching illinois. watch northern illinois university instead. they just started playing ohio university a little while ago.

Yea, man there rb was sickining :shock: he had almost 300 all purpose yards against ohio state, think his name was garret wolfe

justanotherpackfan
09-09-2006, 08:59 PM

Yea, man there rb was sickining :shock: he had almost 300 all purpose yards against ohio state, think his name was garret wolfe
Yeah, Garret Wolfe a.k.a Brian Calhoun.

J-Rok
09-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Wolfe makes some great cuts. It's too bad he goes to NIU, or people might actually care about him.

Here's to drafting Wolfe. I'd imagine he'd be a good fit to the ZBS.

edit: (add photo)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/bbgj/wolfe.jpg