PDA

View Full Version : Former Star WR Jordy Nelson is now an Oakland Raider

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 03:15 PM
@BleacherReport ... 9 minutes ago

Breaking: Raiders sign WR Jordy Nelson, per @VicTafur

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYWtnwmW0AApdWh.jpg

It's being Reported that he signed a 2 Year Contract for a total amount of $15 Million$ or $7.5 Million$ per Season.

Contract details will likely be forthcoming.

I'm happy for Jordy Nelson and that he's in the AFC.

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 03:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYWvCKbW0AA7HNW.jpg

gbgary
03-15-2018, 03:40 PM
good for Jordy!

Teamcheez1
03-15-2018, 04:58 PM
I think you labelled the thread correctly - former star.

Teamcheez1
03-15-2018, 05:07 PM
$15M contract with $13M guaranteed.

No thanks.

denverYooper
03-15-2018, 05:07 PM
Packer WRs never die, they just go to Oakland.

Smidgeon
03-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Couldn't we just put this in the Jordy thread instead?

Joemailman
03-15-2018, 07:48 PM
Couldn't we just put this in the Jordy thread instead?

Or, http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26475-Former-Packers-still-pursuing-the-dream&p=967247#post967247

pbmax
03-15-2018, 11:15 PM
Doesn't he need an Official Jordy Nelson The Living Legend Thread of his own?

mraynrand
03-16-2018, 01:14 AM

no. He never threatened retirement even once.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 02:44 AM
Doesn't he need an Official Jordy Nelson http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000902853/Instant-Playbook-Why-Gronk-is-the-best-blocking-tight-end-in-football of his own?

Some Packer fans. 'Culture shock'. A kind or polite term. Canadians are generally recognized 'World Wide' as polite and educated.

I'm a Canadian and in Canada loyalty has a real meaning.

pbmax sure...create that Jordy Nelson 'the Living Legend' Thread.

In Canada sarcasm is considered the lowest form of whit.

It's used by low life Trailer Trash people that have IQ's that a monkey could compete with.

I see SARCASM used a lot here at Packerrats.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 02:57 AM
As for the rest of you whiners and the creation of this thread. You've RAISED MY CANUCK !

Here comes a woodbuck27 RAVE !

I'd dare say, I l've created more threads here on Packerrats than most 'any three of you' put together. This THREAD certainly deserved to be created for an amazing Green Bay Packer. Won't he some day accept his induction into the Packers HOF !?

When is a Green Bay Packer no longer considered a Green Bay Packer by some of you?

I appreciated Jordy Nelson as an outstanding contributor as not only a STAR Packer Wide Receiver but as a REALLY decent human being.Jordy Nelson gave a lot just ask Aaron Rodgers if you beg to differ.

So YES Jordy Nelson certainly deserved the small tribute and a Special Thread to announce his destination after getting stink assed 'LOW Balled' by the Green Bay Packers Management.

If you don't like this thread ..stuff it where the Sun doesn't shine !

This is one time you've tested my Canadian politeness by your ridiculous sense of ingratitude, indecency and BAD Manners. You've raised the CANUCK in me. Whenever has there been a day when one of you could better 'a SOLID Canuck'?

I'll tell Y'all a real story:

Back in WW II, when you laid back 'on lookers' (jhessh I'm polite :-)) sat and watched the Allies get their ases kicked on the Beaches of Normandy. it took your BAD and incompetent observational skills to get your yellow backed asses into the fricken fight.

Canada wasn't impressed ! My Father told me that whenever "THe Canucks' entered any Bar overseas, and you fellas were boring the hell out of the chicks, with such utter American BS. The Canucks would simply 'let out a roar', for all Americans to get the HELL out; that the Ladies wanted to see some REAL MEN. :-)

You know what. Your silly mouthed attitude 'Yellow Backed' boys moved out of that Bar Pronto. It was either that or get their collective asses kicked. See ... Canucks know how to GO !

I'm the SON of one of those CANUCKS. One fine Summer evening, I had to deal with a 6' - 3' 230 lb Ex Marine 'wanna be scrapper' in the Parking Lot of the Aquarius Tavern in Saint John, NB. He imagined he could beat a Canuck in a Street Fight. hahaha I kicked the shit out of him. It was over in less than a minute. I even helped him up off the ground after he came to. He bought me beer.I thought that was classy

Have you fellas never learned when your up against a GOOD MAN?

I have over 29K Posts on this Forum. I've done my very best to make a solid contribution here at my Packer HOME (mine) as well as yours. The BS I put up with (over these past dozen years) from some of 'YOU'; **the worst CREEPs ** I've ever imagined could 'slime walk on this earth' is absolutely bordering on the ridiculous and outstanding personal control and patience.

** my best attempt as a worst insult.

Some of you actually imagine your all everything and bang on super intelligent and all things Green Bay Packers and the NFL. What ridiculous JOKES you too often make of yourselves. You don't even know how to demonstrate REAL decency and respect.

Yea some of you are such smart asses.

When you can hold up Proof of, about half as much as, 'Ten Top Three' Finishes (including about THREE Championships and Four second place finishes) competing with other so deemed NFL Football Experts.

When you can show me any Season you finished in the TOP Three of all Paid NFL Experts and what is really happening in the NFL Then I'll simply shake my head and your ' UTTER Bullshit BITCHING ' here.

I'm glad I'm finally getting this of my chest. Too many of you smarmy clowns needed to be told. If you don't like it do me the old American way and BLACK Ball me; act like 'the cretins' you demonstrate you are in this thread.

I'm a Canuck ! I'm a REAL Green Bay Packer Fan for coming on SIX Decades now; and (you know who you all are) You piss me off ! You piss me off ROYALLY ! Being a Packer fan to me means having some sense of real decency and respect for outstanding Packers past and present. That's right PAST ! Therein lad's is REAL respect given.

As the Last word an this Post:

I hope that Jordy Nelson is steller in Oakland Colours.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 04:43 AM
and:

Why didn't you jump with a shrill :huh: on this thread?:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30332-Guess-Aaron-s-Extension

mraynrand
03-16-2018, 07:04 AM
As for the rest of you whiners and the creation of this thread. You've RAISED MY CANUCK !

I'd dare say, I l've created more threads here on Packerrats than most 'any three of you' put together. This THREAD certainly deserved to be created for an amazing Green Bay Packer. Won't he some day accept his induction into the Packers HOF !?

When is a Green Bay Packer no longer considered a Green Bay Packer by some of you?

I appreciated Jordy Nelson as an outstanding contributor as not only a STAR Packer Wide Receiver but as a REALLY decent human being.Jordy Nelson gave a lot just ask Aaron Rodgers if you beg to differ.

So YES Jordy Nelson certainly deserved the small tribute and a Special Thread to announce his destination after getting stink assed 'LOW Balled' by the Green Bay Packers Management.

This is one time you've tested my Canadian politeness by your ridiculous sense of ingratitude, indecency and BAD Manners. You've raised the CANUCK in me. Whenever has there been a day when one of you could better 'a SOLID Canuck'?

Back in WW II, when you laid back 'on lookers' (jhessh I'm polite :-)) sat and watched the Allies get their ases kicked on the Beaches of Normandy. it took your BAD and incompetent observational skills to get your yellow backed asses into the fricken fight.

Canada wasn't impressed ! My Father told me that whenever "THe Canucks' entered any Bar overseas, and you fellas were boring the hell out of the chicks, with such utter American BS. The Canucks would simply 'let out a roar', for all Americans to get the HELL out; that the Ladies wanted to see some REAL MEN. :-)

You know what. Your silly mouthed attitude 'Yellow Backed' boys moved out of that Bar Pronto. It was either that or get their collective asses kicked. See ... Canucks know how to GO !

I'm the SON of one of those CANUCKS. One fine Summer evening, I had to deal with a 6' - 3' 230 lb Ex Marine 'wanna be scrapper' in the Parking Lot of the Aquarius Tavern in Saint John, NB. He imagined he could beat a Canuck in a Street Fight. hahaha I kicked the shit out of him. It was over in less than a minute. I even helped him up off the ground after he came to. He bought me beer.I thought that was classy

I have over 29K Posts on this Forum. I've done my very best to make a solid contribution here at my Packer HOME (mine) as well as yours. The BS I put up with (over these past dozen years) from some of 'YOU'; **the worst CREEPs ** I've ever imagined could 'slime walk on this earth' is absolutely bordering on the ridiculous and outstanding personal control and patience.

Some of you actually imagine your all everything and bang on super intelligent and all things Green Bay Packers and the NFL. What ridiculous JOKES you too often make of yourselves. You don't even know how to demonstrate REAL decency and respect.

When you can hold up Proof of, about half as much as, 'Ten Top Three' Finishes (including about THREE Championships and Four second place finishes) competing with other so deemed NFL Football Experts.

When you can show me any Season you finished in the TOP Three of all Paid NFL Experts and what is really happening in the NFL Then I'll simply shake my head and your ' UTTER Bullshit BITCHING ' here.

I'm glad I'm finally getting this of my chest. Too many of you smarmy clowns needed to be told. If you don't like it do me the old American way and BLACK Ball me; act like 'the cretins' you demonstrate you are in this thread.

I'm a Canuck ! I'm a REAL Green Bay Packer Fan for coming on SIX Decades now; and (you know who you all are) You piss me off ! You piss me off ROYALLY ! Being a Packer fan to me means having some sense of real decency and respect for outstanding Packers past and present. That's right PAST ! Therein lad's is REAL respect given.

I did 5500 crunches yesterday

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 07:35 AM
I did 5500 crunches yesterday

You couldn't crunch ... Captain.

Teamcheez1
03-16-2018, 09:00 AM

Do you work creating the bad quotes for the SafeAuto commercials?

Tony Oday
03-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Tim Hortons sucks.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 10:13 AM
Do you work creating the bad quotes for the SafeAuto commercials?

Do ypu often ask silly questions?

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Tim Hortons sucks.

I certainly agree.

If you want to screw up a good brand simply unCanadianize it !

Since Tim Horton's sold, and delicious Canadian Style REAL Coffee 'went to blazes' on August 26, 2014, to of all companies...Give us a break ! Burger King. Jaysus !

Since then, Tim Horton's has fallen from the BEST place to buy coffee list. Canadians feel insulted because our standards are high and what we place in our Guts. Soon we'll be dying as young on average as you Guys. :???:

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 10:31 AM

If you get that done pbmax; then please, use this as a Quote and Thanks: :-)

" ...In his career with the Packers, Nelson had four seasons with more than 1,000 receiving yards and three with more than 10 touchdowns. He was selected to the Pro Bowl once, in 2014, when he also led the league in receiving touchdowns with 14. He was selected by the Packers with the 36th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

In a post on his Instagram account, quarterback Aaron Rodgers wrote that it was "hard to find the right words today to express what '87' means to me. No teammate exemplified what it means to be a Packer quite like him.

"From living in (Green Bay) full time, his incredible contributions to the city, state, and region, to his consistent, reliable play on the field. Definitely a sad day and the toughest part of this business."

Speaking at an evening news conference at Lambeau Field, first-year general manager Brian Gutekunst called Nelson "one of the great Packers who played here. He's everything you want a pro to be and he'll be missed." ... " Fr. a Source

To the Green Bay Packer Players Past and to come that will be Packer HOFers.

mraynrand
03-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Since then, Tim Horton's has fallen from the BEST place to buy coffee list. Canadians feel insulted because our standards are high and what we place in our Guts. Soon we'll be dying as young on average as you Guys. :???:

Just stay away from the opioids and you'll be OK. Even with the amount of whiskey you imbibe.

Bossman641
03-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Came for the WB rant.....was not disappointed :-)

pbmax
03-16-2018, 07:37 PM
no. He never threatened retirement even once.

No, but he did speculate with Wilde and Demovsky about how much longer he would play.

ThunderDan
03-16-2018, 09:24 PM

TL;DR x10

woodbuck27
03-17-2018, 10:16 AM
Came for the WB rant.....was not disappointed :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbenhxn8Xwo

Sometimes it's difficult being Irish. :-)

HAPPY St. Patrick's Day ...17 March 2018.

So most times it's just this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDTQQWSmo8s

mraynrand
03-17-2018, 10:39 AM
Sometimes it's difficult being Irish. :-)

HAPPY St. Patrick's Day ...17 March 2018.

kiss my Blarney Stone

Fritz
03-19-2018, 11:39 AM

Woodbov, a "rave" is a glowing, passionate, positive commentary. A rant, on the other hand, is what you did in this post.

If you Russkies are going to destroy the democratic system, you'd better work on your English language skills. Especially if you're pretending to be Canadian, as our friends to the north are better with the English language than most Americans.

woodbuck27
03-19-2018, 05:37 PM
Woodbov, a "rave" is a glowing, passionate, positive commentary. A rant, on the other hand, is what you did in this post.

If you Russkies are going to destroy the democratic system, you'd better work on your English language skills. Especially if you're pretending to be Canadian, as our friends to the north are better with the English language than most Americans.

https://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/

My English and whatever you might deem that Post is very very clear. In clear order it says 'screw you' if you feel the need to disrespect me and your fricken' delusions about me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk

woodbuck27
04-09-2018, 01:31 PM
We're going to miss Aaron Rodgers to how many of these former now Packers Receivers? This is the Packer STRENGTH and it's not any longer.

https://www.facebook.com/MattThePackersGuy/videos/1739131459719350/

Please click on this above image to see the Video.

The Packers must DRAFT very well and WR. We need a TE that will BLOCK and get the Offense into the Red Zone.

The Packers need to Draft very well and Defensive Back.

The Packers need to improve the Pass Rush.

The Packers need to improve the RHS of the OL.

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2018, 08:28 AM
$15 Million$ or $7.5 Million$ per Season.

holy shit

Guiness
06-08-2018, 10:40 AM
I know it's the time of year for feel good stories, but this one is likely genuine and doesn't surprise me

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/08/derek-carr-thinks-jordy-nelson-is-rubbing-off-on-other-raiders-receivers/

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2018, 10:46 AM
So let's predict the stats for Jordy this year.

Receptions: 38
Yards: 501
TDs: 3

He will be cut after the season and he will head back to the farm in Kansas.

George Cumby
06-08-2018, 11:26 AM
What nutz said.

Guiness
06-08-2018, 11:43 AM
What nutz said.

quite possibly. Being dedicated and knowing his craft was never going to be the problem. OTAs don't show if you can get separation.

the drop-off from '16 to '17 was significant. Traditional thinking was that ACL injuries take 2 years to fully heal. He was ok after one, than a drop off?

gbgary
06-08-2018, 06:18 PM
48/550/8

mraynrand
06-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Is this like the Price is Right? Guess the reception yard without going over? 50/810/6

Anti-Polar Bear
06-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Gruden has a history of milking 1000 yards out of graybeard wideouts.

76/1088/10

Anti-Polar Bear
06-08-2018, 07:38 PM
the drop-off from '16 to '17 was significant. Traditional thinking was that ACL injuries take 2 years to fully heal. He was ok after one, than a drop off?

Brett Hundley.

NewsBruin
06-08-2018, 10:32 PM
Gruden still counts as a WCO dude, right? Carr is their QB, and I remember him as Pro Bowl Alternate quality. At WR, it's him, Martavious Bryant (dunno) and Amari Cooper (Alabama alum; I think he's good). Cooper is a strider and I suppose the #1, with Jordy as the deep guy. Jared Cook is their main TE (I think). They have a Beast and a Hamster in the backfield. I don't know anyone in their O-Line, other than an athletic rookie tackle and BRENO~!

BRENO~!

So, with new offense growing pains, veteran talent that I think will peak early and then fall off, the general curse of the Oakland Raiders, and my love for round numbers I see him at 30/800/10TD, barring a season-shortening injury. But I carry 20 years of Raider eyerolling, so my prediction is more prejudice than prognostication.

The title of Guinness's link: Derek Carr thinks Jordy Nelson is rubbing off on other Raiders receivers

It's more of a Happy Ending than a Feel-Good Story. Or maybe both.

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2018, 12:26 AM
I don't see Nelson having all that great a year. I think he will at best be their third wideout. I'll guess 35/450/4 TDs - and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot less.

The Shadow
06-09-2018, 11:13 AM
I think Jordy will be a very productive possession-type guy.

George Cumby
06-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Gruden has a history of milking 1000 yards out of graybeard wideouts.

76/1088/10

Lol. Gruden isn’t gonna get this team past 9-7.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Lol. Gruden isn’t gonna get this team past 9-7.

Subject is not about team record, it's J-Nel's expected production for the upcoming season. However, don't be surprised to see the Raiders go 10-6 or better this season. They have a good QB, good WRs and a good D.

Fact is, 30-something greybeards like Tim Brown, Jerry Rice and Keyshawn Johnson all produced 1000 yards seasons under Gruden's watch. History is on J-Nel's side.

#MaketheWCOGreatAgain

George Cumby
06-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Lol. You’re lecturing me on going off topic?

Zool
06-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Subject is not about team record, it's J-Nel's expected production for the upcoming season. However, don't be surprised to see the Raiders go 10-6 or better this season. They have a good QB, good WRs and a good D.

Fact is, 30-something greybeards like Tim Brown, Jerry Rice and Keyshawn Johnson all produced 1000 yards seasons under Gruden's watch. History is on J-Nel's side.

#MaketheWCOGreatAgain

Did you just compare Jordy Nelson to the greatest WR of all time and another guy who’s probably top 10 all time? Nelson is getting up in age and doesn’t have the quicks to play inside. He’s going to draw the #2 corner all year so he’ll hit 65 and 800 and 7.

NewsBruin
06-09-2018, 11:26 PM
I think Jordy will be a very productive possession-type guy.

I usually see "possession" attributed to WRs who can't get separation, but can reliably hold onto a contested catch or eke out a first down. Jordy always struck me as fast, but not twitchy. I'm sure he's more lanky-strong than broad-bodied to pull down a ball in coverage.

I predict he'll be used as a field-stretcher (and unintentional decoy), rather than a guy who brings up the chain crew after third-and-medium.

Rutnstrut
06-11-2018, 12:10 AM
I predict Jordy has a better season than Adams.

mraynrand
06-11-2018, 03:05 PM
I predict Jordy has a better season than Adams.

:) You just keep on being you!

You might end up being right, but it will depend on concussions...

Tony Oday
06-14-2018, 09:27 AM
Jordy doesn't make it through the full season as a starter

run pMc
06-14-2018, 10:45 AM
Jordy was a great player, but last season he struggled to separate and offered little after the catch. Maybe they can milk something out of him, and maybe he looks good for the 1st 4 games of the season, but I think he'll fade down the stretch...and the depth chart. I'm guessing they wanted him to mentor Amari. The fact they traded a R3 pick for Martavius Bryant after signing Jordy tells me it's no given Jordy is a 16 game starter.

I would expect Adams to have better numbers, APRH. He's an ascending player and the closest thing GB has to a #1 WR.

Personally, I think comparing Jordy to Cobb this season will be more interesting, since all the discussion was over which of the two GB should keep.

MadScientist
06-14-2018, 12:01 PM
Jordy was a great player, but last season he struggled to separate and offered little after the catch. Maybe they can milk something out of him, and maybe he looks good for the 1st 4 games of the season, but I think he'll fade down the stretch...and the depth chart. I'm guessing they wanted him to mentor Amari. The fact they traded a R3 pick for Martavius Bryant after signing Jordy tells me it's no given Jordy is a 16 game starter.

I would expect Adams to have better numbers, APRH. He's an ascending player and the closest thing GB has to a #1 WR.

Personally, I think comparing Jordy to Cobb this season will be more interesting, since all the discussion was over which of the two GB should keep.

When the Packers had a QB, he had 6 TD's in 5 games, and averaged > 10 YPC. He doesn't have the quickness of other receivers to make a long gain when the pass is at the line of scrimage (Hundley's specialty). He doesn't have what it takes to beat double teams, and will struggle when a CB doesn't have to respect getting beat deep (because the QB has no deep ball). I'm not saying Jordy will go back to his pro bowl ways, but I expect he will be a solid receiver for Oakland this year. Regardless, it still may well prove to be the correct move for the Packers to cut him.

NewsBruin
06-15-2018, 01:26 AM
My Canadian source (ScoreMobile app) thinks it's possible Jordy gets a 4-game head start on Martavius Bryant.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2018, 02:53 AM
I attended a couple of games last season. J-Nel was open plenty. The Hun couldn’t or wouldn’t throw throw J-Nel the rock. Also, anyone with Game Pass, watch the coaches film - Often, J-Nel was more open than a black hole.

Talks about J-Nel not being able to separate anymore are nothing but white noises.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2018, 02:58 AM
Did you just compare Jordy Nelson to the greatest WR of all time and another guy who’s probably top 10 all time? Nelson is getting up in age and doesn’t have the quicks to play inside. He’s going to draw the #2 corner all year so he’ll hit 65 and 800 and 7.

If Gruden could milk a 1000 yard season out of Keyshawn Johnson, no reason he can’t do the same with J-Nel. Chucky’s WCO is extremely WR-friendly.

mraynrand
06-16-2018, 08:52 AM
If Gruden could milk a 1000 yard season out of Keyshawn Johnson, no reason he can’t do the same with J-Nel. Chucky’s WCO is extremely WR-friendly.

I said before that Nelson will probably be more like Jurevicius in that offense - if that's what Gruden runs...

Anti-Polar Bear
06-17-2018, 03:14 AM
I said before that Nelson will probably be more like Jurevicius in that offense - if that's what Gruden runs...

That’s racist, yo. That’s like saying Em is a rich man’s V-Ice, when in truth, Em is the Aryan race’s version of Dre.

I don’t think the German Shepherd erred in cutting Jordy, as I love the Jimmy G acquisition. But while J-Nel no longer shines as bright as he once did in his youth, he’s not exactly a white or black dwarf either.

run pMc
06-17-2018, 07:32 PM
I'm not saying Jordy will go back to his pro bowl ways, but I expect he will be a solid receiver for Oakland this year. Regardless, it still may well prove to be the correct move for the Packers to cut him.

Agree with this. I think he will be solid, but I don't think he'll be irreplaceable. The WR roster has better depth than 2015.