PDA

View Full Version : They have risen indeed! Packers trade Matthews and #14 pick to Cleveland for #4

mraynrand
04-01-2018, 05:07 PM
The Packers traded Pro Bowl OLB Clay Matthews and the fourteenth pick of the 2018 NFL draft to the Cleveland Browns for the Brown's #4 pick in the draft, Packer beat writer and NFL.com reporter Tom Pellisero tweeted today http://www.nfl.com/news/author?id=0ap3000000820340

Packers also trade their first pick of the third round for the Browns fourth round pick. Pelisero reports that Packer insiders considered Matthews to be 'past his prime' and not worth the contract he was receiving. Cleveland is expected to line up Matthews across from last year's number one pick Myles Garrett. New Browns GM and former Packer John Dorsey said "We are extremely excited to get Clay here in Cleveland. Obviously, he has the familial and genetic track record that suggests he'll play at a high level for another decade at least. He will be an instant impact player across from Myles and makes our front four a force to be feared." New Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said of Matthews: "He's been a great player for us, but we saw an opportunity to go and get a top player for the next decade. This is the kind of move that perhaps we may not have made in the past, given our organizations' appreciation for stability and being happy to just make the playoffs and maybe win a game or two. This move will help us surround Aaron Rodgers with the kind of players we need to win a championship."

red
04-01-2018, 05:59 PM
smh

Pugger
04-01-2018, 06:01 PM
April Fool!!! :lol:

woodbuck27
04-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Wouldn't that be a smart move if the Browns were dumb enough to go for it.

woodbuck27
04-02-2018, 08:31 AM
" As most people know, the first rule of April Fool's Day is "Don't believe anything you read on April Fool's Day." Unfortunately, some Broncos fans didn't get that memo, which led to an interesting situation Sunday on Instagram. "

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/von-miller-pulls-off-fake-april-fools-trade-leaves-some-broncos-fans-in-a-panic/

MadScientist
04-02-2018, 09:14 AM
" As most people know, the first rule of April Fool's Day is "Don't believe anything you read on April Fool's Day." Unfortunately, some Broncos fans didn't get that memo, which led to an interesting situation Sunday on Instagram. "

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/von-miller-pulls-off-fake-april-fools-trade-leaves-some-broncos-fans-in-a-panic/

Between that link and this thread, the Browns have really won April Fools.

SudsMcBucky
04-04-2018, 11:09 AM
I remember when I was at UW and it was either the Onion or the Badger Herald that had reported the Brewers trading Jim Gantner for Ryne Sandberg. That one got me good.

Fritz
04-04-2018, 11:17 AM
So who would the Packers take with this fictional #4 overall? Chubb, I would guess.

Bretsky
04-04-2018, 05:58 PM
So who would the Packers take with this fictional #4 overall? Chubb, I would guess.

No Brainer; Chubber would be GB bound