PDA

View Full Version : NFL Coaches Fight For Oldest Edge in Book

pbmax
04-03-2018, 09:53 AM
So the coaches were all up in arms over a Competition Committee proposal to add instant all-22 video to the Microsoft tablets on the sidelines.

McCarthy and Zimmer were among those opposed. M3 said it was about the ability to use concise communication about the still pictures and feared that his players and coaches would lose that ability. His head then popped off his shoulders and rolled into an anteroom to hide in shame.

Zimmer intimated it was about introducing an adjustment and the dumb opponent figuring it out faster with video.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23004340/why-nfl-coaches-fought-table-access-video-sidelines-games

pbmax
04-03-2018, 09:56 AM
When both were asked about thinking on their feet their eyes fell out of their heads.

mraynrand
04-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Maybe Zimmer and Stubby want to take coaches out of the sky boxes too.

What's far more likely is that some teams (Patriots for sure) have software that analyzes the secondary and is far faster adjusting than a Spraypainted hair guy or a Hairless fat guy can handle.

pbmax
04-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Its such a perfect portrait of static thinking and explains SO MUCH of the game plans and the wait for adjustments.

gbgary
04-03-2018, 01:37 PM
When both were asked about thinking on their feet their eyes fell out of their heads.

lol

Fritz
04-04-2018, 02:52 PM
You guys are crazy. Zimmy and BabyMike are right - that's a bullshit proposal. In fact, why stop there? Get rid of cameras altogether. Go back to 16 mm film and chalkboards, then we'll see who can coach and who can't!

mraynrand
04-04-2018, 03:57 PM
You guys are crazy. Zimmy and BabyMike are right - that's a bullshit proposal. In fact, why stop there? Get rid of cameras altogether. Go back to 16 mm film and chalkboards, then we'll see who can coach and who can't!

I want super-stereo 3D, where the refs get to walk into a projection tank with the players 50 feet high and each blade of grass like a green knife. The Refs rotate the image in 360 degrees at all angles and advance the action 10 milliseconds at a time in order to determine whether a ball has been 'secured' or a 'football move' has been made. I see replay reviews being drawn out into exquisitely tortuous and gorgeous works of performance art, like something choreographed by Twyla Tharp.

pbmax
04-04-2018, 04:37 PM
I want super-stereo 3D, where the refs get to walk into a projection tank with the players 50 feet high and each blade of grass like a green knife. The Refs rotate the image in 360 degrees at all angles and advance the action 10 milliseconds at a time in order to determine whether a ball has been 'secured' or a 'football move' has been made. I see replay reviews being drawn out into exquisitely tortuous and gorgeous works of performance art, like something choreographed by Twyla Tharp.

I would watch the recap show of challenge calls instead of the games if they could do this.

It'd be an even better visual than the genesis effect from Star Trek II.

mraynrand
04-04-2018, 04:59 PM
It's be an even better visual than the genesis effect from Star Trek II.

This is sacrilege! I will leave you at the center of a dead planet, buried alive.

pbmax
04-04-2018, 05:23 PM
This is sacrilege! I will leave you at the center of a dead planet, buried alive.

We just watched it again last weekend. Not even sure why someone fired it up.

Its just so old school Trek. A very long episode you could easily see on Next Gen. Very close to Trek roots in style and subject.

Despite occasionally getting bogged down, you just can't stop watching it once they get to space. Or during the Kobayashi Maru.

"I am laughing at the superior intellect"

Zool
04-04-2018, 09:48 PM

The needs of the PackerRats outweigh the many. Or the PB

George Cumby
04-06-2018, 11:28 AM

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fritz
04-08-2018, 07:42 AM

I think you're on to something here. The televised "games" would not even show the real-time plays, just the re-plays of each play in this form. Or you could have the games played in secret, like the way they film Top Chef, so nobody knows the results except for the Chosen Few, who pledge secrecy or death. Come Sunday, we all watch the hyper-stylized replays, per your description.

woodbuck27
04-08-2018, 01:22 PM
https://youblogtowinthegame.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/mike-mccarthy.jpg

"NO !"

woodbuck27
04-16-2018, 05:35 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0a/75/e4/0a75e472fe9d4c61b9bda460af6c38db--newspaper-comic-strips.jpg