PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Davis = Not very bright

esoxx
04-09-2018, 12:03 PM
http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Packers-WR-Davis-arrested-at-airport-for-making-explosives-joke-479158553.html

LOS ANGELES, Wis. (WBAY) - A Green Bay Packers WR was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport for making a joke about explosives.

Trevor Davis is facing a charge of making criminal threats, according to ESPN reporter and Cover 2 contributor Rob Demovsky.

TMZ Sports first reported the news. The report states Davis was at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter Sunday and being asked security questions.

Davis reportedly asked his traveling companion, "Did you remember to pack the explosives?"

Airport staff did not take that comment lightly and called police.

The 24-year-old posted a $15,000 bond and was released from jail. He has a court hearing scheduled for May 3.

Demovsky received the following statement from the Packers:

“The Packers are aware of the matter involving Trevor Davis. We are in the process of gathering more information and will refrain from making any further comment as it is an ongoing legal matter.”

red
04-09-2018, 12:12 PM
Sounds like an episode of a sitcom or bad movie

mraynrand
04-09-2018, 12:18 PM
"You can't say 'bomb' on a plane"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcK5gSRti4g

Teamcheez1
04-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Maybe the Browns will take him.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-09-2018, 01:31 PM
I bet Gute now regrets not re-signing Janis.

As for Davis, I think he's being profiled. Every time Janis, white as a polar bear and a bona fide bomb threat, hops on a plane, no one asks any questions. Davis does it and the authorities start interrogating him as if he's a Somalian extremist. Davis is fast, but compared to Janis, Davis doesn't scare anyone as a bomb threat.

With that being said, Greg Focker does have a point.

mraynrand
04-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Davis is fast, but compared to Janis, Davis doesn't scare anyone as a bomb threat. that wasn't half bad. But Davis will prove you wrong this year. His nickname should henceforth be "The Bomb Threat"

With that being said, Greg Focker does have a point. That's Gaylord (Gay) Focker to you mister.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-09-2018, 02:11 PM
that wasn't half bad. But Davis will prove you wrong this year. His nickname should henceforth be "The Bomb Threat"

That's Gaylord (Gay) Focker to you mister.

Davis can't track bombs worth a lick. Likely will need to shine like the radiant sun in TC to make the team - that is, if the Packers don't unfairly cut him before then b/c of this minor incident. But if he indeed proves me wrong, The Bomb Threat would make an apt name.

I was "randomly" set aside at MKE once for the extra airport security shit. And I was wearing my awesome peace t-shirt that day. I mean, like a guy wearing a peace t-shirt is gonna hijack a fucking plane. Suffice it to say, the experience was an annoyance. Davis likely was annoyed and said what he said sarcastically.

mraynrand
04-09-2018, 02:14 PM
Davis can't track bombs worth a lick.

What are the sats on that - that is, how many bomb targets and how many receptions. I don't remember him being carpet-bombed.

mraynrand
04-09-2018, 02:18 PM
OK
year Tgt Rec Yards Y/R Long
2016 7 3 24 8 9
2017 7 5 70 14 29

So 6 total targets he didn't catch. Honestly I can't recall one.

hoosier
04-09-2018, 02:24 PM
According to the JSO article, Davis's girlfriend tried to talk him off the ledge but he either didn't catch the hint or wasn't having it. I find the whole story quite hilarious, especially in light of Davis being the first real bust in TT's long and hallowed history of picking unheralded WR gems in the draft. Sounds almost like Davis is trying frantically to write his ticket out of GB.

hoosier
04-09-2018, 02:25 PM
There was even a Packer allusion in what he said to his GF.

mraynrand
04-09-2018, 04:07 PM
According to the JSO article, Davis's girlfriend tried to talk him off the ledge but he either didn't catch the hint or wasn't having it. I find the whole story quite hilarious, especially in light of Davis being the first real bust in TT's long and hallowed history of picking unheralded WR gems in the draft. Sounds almost like Davis is trying frantically to write his ticket out of GB.

Oh come now. He's not a bust yet! He's da Bomb!

woodbuck27
04-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Trevor Davis:

Bye Bye Green Bay.

MadScientist
04-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Dumb fuck learning the hard way that FAA/TSA people have no sense of humor whatsoever. He's not the first idiot to do this, but since he isn't, you'd think he would have heard about this before.

Joemailman
04-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Dumb fuck learning the hard way that FAA/TSA people have no sense of humor whatsoever. He's not the first idiot to do this, but since he isn't, you'd think he would have heard about this before.

Being a professional athlete, you would think he's flown enough times to know how to act in an airport.

gbgary
04-09-2018, 07:42 PM
could light a fuse under the Packers to release him.

Teamcheez1
04-09-2018, 08:07 PM
I bet Gute now regrets not re-signing Janis. .

Gute will not regret re-signing Janis. Both Davis and Janis were halfway out the door at the end of last season

Harlan Huckleby
04-09-2018, 10:30 PM
could light a fuse under the Packers to release him.

For the rest of his career you know what pass pattern he'll be told to run in practice & meetings.

I can't believe all the cranky old farts in this forum. He made a stupid and foolish joke. BFD.

Who among us hasn't taken a dump in a church pew, or doused a grandparent with gasoline? Youthful indiscretion.

mraynrand
04-09-2018, 11:16 PM
I can't believe all the cranky old farts in this forum. He made a stupid and foolish joke. BFD.

QFT

woodbuck27
04-10-2018, 04:41 AM
Do you know what you do with chaff?

You get rid of it !

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2018, 06:12 AM
Do you know what you do with chaff?

You get rid of it !

Here, here!

https://img.etsystatic.com/il/f614f8/1307748524/il_570xN.1307748524_l2s0.jpg

woodbuck27
04-10-2018, 06:22 AM
For the rest of his career you know what pass pattern he'll be told to run in practice & meetings.

Who among us hasn't taken a dump in a church pew, or doused a grandparent with gasoline? Youthful indiscretion.

It's more than that Harlan. Trevor Davis might be CFL level talent?

The Packers will 'in fact' hold onto him because their desperate at WR now.

Then again weak at WR and keeping weak = ?

He does have some value as a Kick Returner with the occasional solid return; but he's not busted any for all that speed
we're informed he has. Darn ! The Packers’ last kickoff return for a touchdown? You need to remember all the way back to 2011. That's very sad. :huh:

On that note our ST's' could use an infusion of real talent.

When does 'that's good enough' ever win !?

Why didn't the Packers bring in the Raiders **Punter Marquette King and Ranked 3rd last Season in the NFL and sent packing by Jon Guden, without as much as an audience with his preeminence.

Ohh Yea.... he's 'a Black Punter' and not your 'average White Boy'; and well, (darn it) he likes to dance.

Anybody notice that OUR Kicker Mason Crosby was off his game last Season? Ohh yea ! Blamed the long snapper or was it the holder. OK ...both !

Looking at options: :???:

Get rid of the long snapper or replace the Holder or rather get Mason Crosby to stop laying blame on a hair in timing. Ahh right..... Kickers are a tad sensitive.

KYPack
04-10-2018, 07:25 AM
Davis can't track bombs worth a lick. Likely will need to shine like the radiant sun in TC to make the team - that is, if the Packers don't unfairly cut him before then b/c of this minor incident. But if he indeed proves me wrong, The Bomb Threat would make an apt name.

I was "randomly" set aside at MKE once for the extra airport security shit. And I was wearing my awesome peace t-shirt that day. I mean, like a guy wearing a peace t-shirt is gonna hijack a fucking plane. Suffice it to say, the experience was an annoyance. Davis likely was annoyed and said what he said sarcastically.

You must be very careful Tanky. When you go to the airport, don't wear goofy clothing and whatever you do, don't talk to the security people. They might take you to a nut doctor. One of those guys will throw you in the booby hatch and you might never get out.

mraynrand
04-10-2018, 07:42 AM
You must be very careful Tanky. When you go to the airport, don't wear goofy clothing and whatever you do, don't talk to the security people. They might take you to a nut doctor. One of those guys will throw you in the booby hatch and you might never get out.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/en.futurama/images/5/5a/212.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20071230221911

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2018, 08:24 AM

He does have some value as a Kick Returner with the occasional solid return; but he's not busted any for all that speed
we're informed he has.

I'd say he's a bust at KR - that job is all instincts and he ain't got um - but may yet learn how to run pass routes.

I say 2018 is the break out year for both Janis & Davis. Bombs away! They can't possibly cover two speedy Forrest Gumps running straight down the field.

woodbuck27
04-10-2018, 08:34 AM
I'd say he's a bust at KR - that job is all instincts and he ain't got um - but may yet learn how to run pass routes.

I say 2018 is the break out year for both Janis & Davis. Bombs away! They can't possibly cover two speedy Forrest Gumps running straight down the field.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9719/jeff-janis

" ... Browns agreed to terms with WR Jeff Janis, formerly of the Packers.
New Browns GM John Dorsey obviously has intel on Janis with both being former Packers. Janis was a 2014 seventh-rounder with off-the-charts measurables, but he never got much of a fair shake in Green Bay. ..."

mraynrand
04-10-2018, 08:44 AM

I agree about the pass routes. He may learn, or they may use him more effectively to stretch the field.

But the stats say he wasn't a bust as KR. As a punt returner he was 6th in total yards and 3rd in yards/return. He was 7th in return average for Kick offs. He was 6th overall for all returns.

As I've mentioned, he has similar measurables as the top WR prospect in this year's draft but, perhaps like Janis, he has little knack as a receiver. We shall see. If not, say Geronimo! Bombs Away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-SeaCZE2TM

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2018, 08:47 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9719/jeff-janis

" ... Browns agreed to terms with WR Jeff Janis, formerly of the Packers.
New Browns GM John Dorsey obviously has intel on Janis with both being former Packers. Janis was a 2014 seventh-rounder with off-the-charts measurables, but he never got much of a fair shake in Green Bay. ..."

This can't be true. No.

No. No. No. Janis was right on the cusp of being a contender.

woodbuck27
04-10-2018, 08:55 AM
This can't be true. No.

No. No. No. Janis was right on the cusp of being a contender.

I know !

Maybe he'll get 'a real chance' to get that done 'as a Cleveland Brown'!?

Lately former Packers do pretty well with other NFL Franchises. Well .... that's Packer DB's.

mraynrand
08-21-2019, 07:07 AM
Any word on The Bomb Threat? Is little pencil legs even practicing?

pbmax
08-21-2019, 07:24 AM

Yes, he's been back for a couple of days. Had a big practice like he was having prior to the injury.

texaspackerbacker
08-21-2019, 07:54 AM
If he's healthy, tough choice between him and Shepherd.

call_me_ishmael
08-21-2019, 11:18 AM
If he's healthy, tough choice between him and Shepherd.

I think you keep both and figure it out.

Fritz
08-21-2019, 11:24 AM

I miss the days of the old nicknames. Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks.

"Pencil Legs" Davis would be perfect.

run pMc
08-21-2019, 03:02 PM
I think you keep both and figure it out.

Aren't they pretty similar though? Neither is likely more than the #5WR and PR/KR.
In which case, how much value is there keeping both at the expense of another player/position? I think they are fighting for the same spot. I don't know if Lazard is a threat to EQ, since both are bigger bodied and can play ST (EQ timed much faster).

If it comes down to Sheppard, Pencil Legs, or Vitale, I'm not cutting Vitale. Sounds like he's been thriving in MLF's offense.

I think it's Adams, MVS, Allison, Kumerow, EQ/Shep/Davis, Lazard, everyone else.

Patler
08-21-2019, 10:06 PM
Trevor Davis will make the decision easy, when he sustains yet another injury before roster cut down day.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-22-2019, 09:01 AM
It's more than that Harlan. Trevor Davis might be CFL level talent?

The Packers will 'in fact' hold onto him because their desperate at WR now.

we're informed he has. Darn ! The Packers’ last kickoff return for a touchdown? You need to remember all the way back to 2011. That's very sad. :huh:

On that note our ST's' could use an infusion of real talent.

When does 'that's good enough' ever win !?

Why didn't the Packers bring in the Raiders **Punter Marquette King and Ranked 3rd last Season in the NFL and sent packing by Jon Guden, without as much as an audience with his preeminence.

Ohh Yea.... he's 'a Black Punter' and not your 'average White Boy'; and well, (darn it) he likes to dance.

Anybody notice that OUR Kicker Mason Crosby was off his game last Season? Ohh yea ! Blamed the long snapper or was it the holder. OK ...both !

Looking at options: :???:

Get rid of the long snapper or replace the Holder or rather get Mason Crosby to stop laying blame on a hair in timing. Ahh right..... Kickers are a tad sensitive.

Can’t believe I did not read this til today. Excellent post, WB.