PDA

View Full Version : Packerrats 1st Round Mock Draft Packers Pick Poll

Joemailman
04-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Who should the Packers pick at #14?

Poll to follow.

mraynrand
04-11-2018, 05:26 PM
I don't like what's left in the mock draft at #14. I voted for Landry. His 2016 productivity was better than Myles Garrett (i guess fewer hurries though). He has the chance to be a one trick pony. A Clay Matthews without the run stopping. Saw somewhere he compares to Vic Beasley - maybe they meant his hammy.

jklowan
04-11-2018, 05:38 PM
can we get TRADE DOWN as an option? Went Mike McGlinchey

Bretsky
04-11-2018, 05:58 PM
This would be my nightmare

My FAB FIVE ** Ward, James, Fitzpatrick, R Smith, and Edmunds) for pick 14 are all gone

Don't want Josh Jackson; I'd take Landry and actually Ridley might be my second choice

wthigoot
04-11-2018, 06:06 PM
The mock so far is just about as expected with the top 13; it looks like the Packers are right at the top of the second tier. Trade down makes a lot of sense.

For the pick, Landry is an obvious choice, but I voted for Ridley. Right now Allison is the second outside guy, so Ridley should be able to start and contribute right away. With 4.43 in the 40 he adds some speed also (if he can beat press coverage).

Maxie the Taxi
04-11-2018, 07:23 PM
^^^What he said.

woodbuck27
04-11-2018, 07:41 PM
The Poll is missing Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

He should be considered.

** LB Roquan Smith won the 2017 Butkus Award.

** He was also named SEC Defensive Player of the Year,

** He racked up 137 tackles, 14 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks for UGA last season.

** Roquan Smith is solid against the Pass and the Run he has excellent speed and range and he never quits. He's a tremendous tackler.

Why is he not in this Poll? He should be made as a clear choice not as a potential option.

Joemailman
04-11-2018, 07:44 PM
The Poll is missing Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

He should certainly be considered.

49ers took Roquan Smith with the 9th pick.

woodbuck27
04-11-2018, 07:59 PM
49ers took Roquan Smith with the 9th pick.

Sorry your correct. I just looked back on another Post I made and the Prospect I feel might be considered is 'in fact' Rashaan Evans Alabama ILB:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30336-Who-Should-Gutey-Draft-In-The-First-Round-1-0/page5

and Post #88.

https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL...pects-2018.asp (SEE Bio's at this LINK)

12 -2 Derwin James Florida State S 6'2" 215

13 +1 Roquan Smith Georgia ILB 6'1" 236 OLB -3

14 -6 Marcus Davenport UTSA EDGE 6'6" 264

15 +1 Calvin Ridley Alabama WRF 6'1" 190

16 +35 Rashaan Evans Alabama ILB 6'2" 232

Inside LBer RASHAAN EVANS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWryYBBAylE

denverYooper
04-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Went with Davenport. It was a coin toss for me between him and Landry.

I haven't paid much attention to college ball for a few years but I know the Packers need to find some pass rush this year. Hopefully one of those two can bring some pressure.

gbgary
04-11-2018, 09:28 PM
it's too soon.

yetisnowman
04-11-2018, 09:49 PM
I also went with Ridley. Simply because I feel he's the surest bet to translate into a very good pro player. And we need receiver talent. Our defense frankly won't be good next year regardless, so I lean towards loading up on offense. We are going to need to win some shootouts. This guy is very polished for a college receiver. Crisp routes, great hands and instincts. I'd be happy.

woodbuck27
04-11-2018, 10:33 PM
I also went with Ridley. Simply because I feel he's the surest bet to translate into a very good pro player. And we need receiver talent. Our defense frankly won't be good next year regardless, so I lean towards loading up on offense. We are going to need to win some shootouts. This guy is very polished for a college receiver. Crisp routes, great hands and instincts. I'd be happy.

The thinking (right now it seems) is an improved Pass Rush helps to protect a weal secondary.

The thing is and now...It's in my view, strength to former strength and Offense.

That means a Pick at WR and a sure Starter or as a second Option upgrade the OL.

In Round 1 you pick 'the real Difference Maker' lowest risk best prospect.

All day it's in FINAL Analysis WR and Calvin Ridley or that WR the Packers may like better.

Picking at WR 'Featured" makes D. Adams more legit as it will for TE Jimmy Graham. Give Aaron Rodgers that real weapon possibility. The Packer Brass have a habit of spreading butter on their bread too thinly.

It's no time to do that at Pick NO. 14. Use it and use it for STRENGTH.

pbmax
04-12-2018, 09:46 AM
wist and I agree about Landry. Along with Bretsky. If Fritz and Patler join in, that will be one helluva curse :D

bobblehead
04-12-2018, 12:19 PM
I went ridley. He is the best actual player on that board at his position. BPA, we need help all over.

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 12:54 PM
wist and I agree about Landry. Along with Bretsky. If Fritz and Patler join in, that will be one helluva curse :D

WRF Calvin Ridley supporters are making noise. :pack:

It's now 12:53 CST on Thurs. 12 April, 2018; and the voting is too close to call it. :

It's now 8 to 7 in Votes and EDGE Harold Landry over NO. 1 Ranked WR Calvin Ridley.

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 01:06 PM

EDGE Harold Landry looks safer (now) to me.

I weighed a lot of stuff when I elected to vote for WR Calvin Ridley; but it all came down to a marginal difference between him and one other I liked a lot and on 'D'. An overall standout performing Prospect at ILB. I really like *** Overall Ranked At NO. 17 ILB Rashaan Evans ILB Alabama ***.

*** https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-ILBs-2018-Draft.asp

Overall Ranked at 16, WR Calvin Ridley's strength off the LOS bothers me. I love his hands and feel for running routes once he gets into one.

mraynrand
04-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Ridley would not be a bad choice. He is faster and quicker than Slowrdy Nelson, or anyone else on the Packers, except Davis, to be sure. I have read that he is the best route runner in college ball and his best feature is that he "understands the defense." He sounds a lot smarter than The Bomb Threat, even though they have similar measurables.

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2018, 02:36 PM
This a shitty draft for the packers. Top talent is of the board for them. I went with Davenport because in college he took a shit in a girls closet. Classic!

He also has the highest ceiling but if he doesn't land on his feet in the first couple of years peeps will be rightfully pissed

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 03:05 PM
The mock so far is just about as expected with the top 13; it looks like the Packers are right at the top of the second tier. Trade down makes a lot of sense.

For the pick, Landry is an obvious choice, but I voted for Ridley. Right now Allison is the second outside guy, so Ridley should be able to start and contribute right away. With 4.43 in the 40 he adds some speed also (if he can beat press coverage).

I think given the ((now weaK) situation we are now in and WR it's a decent option to go WR and Calvin Ridley.

That pick hopefully helps our best WR Davante Adams and the acquisition of TE Jimmy Graham. That pick adds a weapon for Aaron Rodgers but the Packers also must strengthen the OL. We need a TE to block effectively.

Those are just some issues and the Packer 'O'. To stay competitive we need to see ARod on his feet and playing and he needs that weapon. It's going to take more than one Off Season to fix the mess on 'D'.

Use the Higher Value Pick for your Strength.

pbmax
04-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Need is outpolling BPA by 2-1 but need might split the vote!

2/3 of us are PSLs!

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Time Thursday evening 12 April, 2018 @ 5:45 CST:

Da'Ron Payne - DT - Alabama 1 Vote and 4.17%

Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Boise St. 1 Vote and 4.17%

2nd ... Calvin Ridley - WR - Alabama 7 Votes and 29.17%

Mike McGlinchey - OT - Notre Dame 1 Vote and 4.17%

Josh Jackson - CB - Iowa 00%

Leader ... Harold Landry - Edge - Boston College 8 Votes and 33.33%

3rd ... Marcus Davenport - Edge - UTSA 6 Votes and 25.00%

Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU 00%

William Hernandez - G - UTEP 00%

Mike Hughes - CB - Central Florida 00%

Other (Please Specify)

Bretsky
04-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Need is outpolling BPA by 2-1 but need might split the vote!

2/3 of us are PSLs!

Is Ridley really the BPA ? How old is that dude ?

Joemailman
04-12-2018, 06:42 PM

Da'Ron Payne is arguably the BPA. Poll is now closed. Harold Landry is the pick.

Arizona Cardinals and Anti-Polar Bear are on the clock.

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 06:57 PM

WR Calvin Ridley is 23 years and Born: December 20, 1994

Here's the remaining TOP DOZEN:

BPA by Grade and NFL.COM's evaluations and as of now and based on our Mock Draft:

1. Da'ron Payne - ALABAMA - GRADE 6.51 - DT - Junior

2. Calvin Ridley - ALABAMA - GRADE 6.40 - WR - Junior

3. Taven Bryan - FLORIDA - GRADE 6.35 - DT - r Junior

4. Leighton Vander Esch - BOISE ST. - GRADE 6.25 -ILB - r Junior

5. Harold Landry - BOSTON COLLEGE - GRADE 6.15 - EDGE - Senior

6. Derrius Guice - LSU - GRADE 6.14 - RB - Junior

7. Justin Reid - STANFORD - 6.12 - S - Junior

8. Will Hernandez - TEXAS-EL PASO - GRADE 6.12 - G - Senior

9. Isaiah Wynn - GEORGIA - GRADE 6.11- G - Senior

10. Ronald Jones - USC - GRADE 6.10 -RB - Junior

11. Rashaan Evans - ALABAMA - GRADE - 6.10 - OLB - Senior

12. James Daniels - IOWA - GRADE 6.03 - C - Junior

pbmax
04-12-2018, 08:38 PM

Yes, for posting purposes anyway.

Fritz
04-14-2018, 02:27 PM

Harold Landry is going to be the surprise superstar of this draft. There is not doubt about it. I bet you can trade down a few spots and still get him, Maybe pick up an extra fourth so you can be sure to draft at least three cornerbacks.

Bretsky
04-14-2018, 02:34 PM
Harold Landry is going to be the surprise superstar of this draft. There is not doubt about it. I bet you can trade down a few spots and still get him, Maybe pick up an extra fourth so you can be sure to draft at least three cornerbacks.

Why is Landry being mocked in the 20-30 range by so many ? Injury concerns ?

If he's the dominating pass rusher many think he is why isn't he in the 10-15 range.

I guess I've bought into him but I'd still undoubledly prefer Edmunds, Ward, Fitzpatrick, Smith, and probably James although I'm unsure about him since we might have that position covered

woodbuck27
04-16-2018, 11:38 AM

I totally agree and the bait is too obvious to me.

If I was running things and Green Bay Packer BRASS. I would leak (Hahaha), having a real interest in drafting QB Lamar Jackson @ NO. 14.

Simply then wait for the calls to trade up come flying in from potential trade partners like:

Arizona, Baltimore, LA Chargers; Cincy; Buffalo; NE (yup as Tom Brady is on Record as loving him, and he can play other Offensive Positions if he agreed to convert based on his pure athleticism) .... and New Orleans; and Jacksonville.

All of these Teams have some need and QB.

Fritz
04-16-2018, 11:47 AM

If he's the dominating pass rusher many think he is why isn't he in the 10-15 range.

I guess I've bought into him but I'd still undoubledly prefer Edmunds, Ward, Fitzpatrick, Smith, and probably James although I'm unsure about him since we might have that position covered

I'm actually pretty "meh" on Landry. Just trying to help out with the curse.

I like all the players you mentioned much better. I'd rather even have Davenport, I think.

woodbuck27
04-16-2018, 11:59 AM

DRAFTTEC has him @ NO. 25 Overall.

Mike Mayock:

1. Bradley Chubb, N.C. State
2. Marcus Davenport, UTSA
3. Arden Key, LSU
4. Harold Landry, Boston College
5. Sam Hubbard, Ohio State

Daniel Jeremiah ... NFL Media analyst ... His TOP Fifty

Published: Jan. 23, 2018 at 08:47 a.m. Updated: April 4, 2018 at 12:18 p.m.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000909727/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

RANK 10 ... Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA

RANK 11 ... Derwin James, S, Florida State

RANK 19 ... Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

RANK 21 ... Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan

RANK 24 ... Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

RANK 26 ... Taven Bryan, DT, Florida

RANK 27 ... Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama

RANK 32 ... Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

RANK 33 ... Arden Key, LB, LSU

RANK 38 ... Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

and finally on his Ranking here's our Risk:

RANK 39 ... Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College

RANK 40 ... Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State

RANK 41 ... Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State

woodbuck27
05-01-2018, 09:09 PM
https://cdn-media-1.lifehack.org/wp-content/files/2015/10/19090658/Man-reaching-for-the-sky.jpg

The Goot REACH.