PDA

View Full Version : BRETT HUNDLEY.......WTF ?

Bretsky
04-16-2018, 06:12 PM
What in the hell are we doing with this guy ?

So we traded our former first round CB (ThanksTed) for a backup QB who was a younger 2nd round pick we apparently liked on draft day. Surely that guy can't get cut.

Does Hundley get released, or do we auction him off during the draft ?

And if the answer is a trade, what would you predict we get for him ????

There is no way we can keep all 3 of them, right ?

mraynrand
04-16-2018, 06:54 PM
What's the vet minimum? Hundley should take that and agree to scan tickets at the turnstile during games.

esoxx
04-16-2018, 06:55 PM
Camp arm.

Joemailman
04-16-2018, 07:00 PM
Packers only have 3 QB's on the roster. Wouldn't make sense to get rid of him now. Besides, he's not making a lot of money. Why couldn't he be the 3rd QB, if they decide to keep 3?

red
04-16-2018, 07:37 PM
he killed any trade value he had last season when he played

unless someone wants to part with a very late round pick

Zool
04-16-2018, 09:04 PM
he killed any trade value he had last season when he played

unless someone wants to part with a very late round pick

I can’t imagine anyone would bother. You’d have to be pretty desperate at 3rd string to trade for him.

The Shadow
04-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Hundley would net a bag of balls, if that.

woodbuck27
04-16-2018, 10:05 PM
Why are the Green Bay Packers hanging onto NFL QB Bust to date Brett Hundley?

Let's go over it Lads and maybe your not factoring all below into this puzzler, :cnf:

A.) The QB Coach Gregory Alexander 'Alex' Van Pelt and Mike McCarthy (dare I write) scapegoating, early in the Packer Off Season.

B.) Why MM reports directly now to the CEO and President of the Green Bay Packers, Mark Murphy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9mMtKFe_D0

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/11/8/16624288/report-mike-mccarthy-may-be-deposed-in-colin-kaepernick-collusion-case

Report: Mike McCarthy may be deposed in Colin Kaepernick collusion case

The coach’s comments after a question about Kaepernick are probably the trigger for trying to put him on the witness stand, but that may not be the focus of the questions he will face when he’s there.

By: PaulNoonan@BadgerNoonan Nov 8, 2017, 12:10pm CST

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743165-report-bill-obrien-mike-mccarthy-to-be-deposed-in-colin-kaepernick-case

Report: Bill O'Brien, Mike McCarthy to Be Deposed in Colin Kaepernick Case

Silly Games !

mraynrand
04-16-2018, 10:09 PM
Hundley would net a bag of balls, if that.

Why are we talking about Bobblehead again?

mraynrand
04-16-2018, 10:10 PM
Why are the Green Bay Packers hanging onto NFL QB Bust to date Brett Hundley?

Let's go over it Lads and maybe your not factoring all below into this puzzler, :cnf:

A.) The QB Coach Gregory Alexander 'Alex' Van Pelt and Mike McCarthy (dare I write) scapegoating, early in the Packer Off Season.

B.) Why MM reports directly now to the CEO and President of the Green Bay Packers, Mark Murphy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9mMtKFe_D0

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/11/8/16624288/report-mike-mccarthy-may-be-deposed-in-colin-kaepernick-collusion-case

Report: Mike McCarthy may be deposed in Colin Kaepernick collusion case

The coach’s comments after a question about Kaepernick are probably the trigger for trying to put him on the witness stand, but that may not be the focus of the questions he will face when he’s there.

By: PaulNoonan@BadgerNoonan Nov 8, 2017, 12:10pm CST

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743165-report-bill-obrien-mike-mccarthy-to-be-deposed-in-colin-kaepernick-case

Report: Bill O'Brien, Mike McCarthy to Be Deposed in Colin Kaepernick Case

Silly Games !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ-goz4q1qo

KYPack
04-16-2018, 10:17 PM
Keep his far as you can in camp. See if you can pick up a 7th rnd pick and cut your losses. Rodgers plays in the 3rd pre season game. Maybe Hundley plays some in the 4th game.

woodbuck27
04-16-2018, 10:48 PM
Keep his far as you can in camp. See if you can pick up a 7th rnd pick and cut your losses. Rodgers plays in the 3rd pre season game. Maybe Hundley plays some in the 4th game.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjh3D5F2_WKj5cfpcDLXrhtYqMC5Omt hlUdPv6eRTeEQVCFBFb

You betcha !

Freak Out
04-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Wait what? I thought Brett the Terrible was with the Browns now?

mraynrand
04-16-2018, 11:26 PM
Wait what? I thought Brett the Terrible was with the Browns now?

NO we got the Browns shitty QB for our shitty DB

Bretsky
04-17-2018, 06:51 AM
NO we got the Browns shitty QB for our shitty DB

Honestly we probably should have made the Browns take Hundley in our deal. They placed little value on Kizer their QB, and they took a bad apple with a lot of talent. Hard to believe they would not have accepted Hundley for a 7th; we did them a huge favor by taking Kizer and probably got screwed on that deal anyways.

ND72
04-17-2018, 09:35 AM
1. We have 4 QB's, Callahan is still on our roster.
2. Draft isn't here yet, so don't discount a draft day trade.
3. I love how everyone already has Kizer as being shitty after he played for the hopeless browns. I know he wasn't great, but he was a rookie thrown into a mess. Who knows what he can do with getting the chance to sit and learn.

mraynrand
04-17-2018, 10:21 AM
3. I love how everyone already has Kizer as being shitty after he played for the hopeless browns. I know he wasn't great, but he was a rookie thrown into a mess. Who knows what he can do with getting the chance to sit and learn.

I thought I posted something saying that both Kizer and Randall are shitty, but both still have the chance to be solid starters. Kizer is already a better backup QB than Hundley. Saw about 10-12 Browns games last year, and Kizer has a chance. And what he needs is exactly what Stubby teaches - better immediate recognition and risk averse passes late. He has the physical tools - size and a good arm. I think he's got better accuracy than advertised. You have to remember that the Brown's WR corps last year was a shit show until Gordo returned. injured guys everywhere - including a first round pick with the dropsies, rookie TE, missing vet TE, and Kenny Britt for crying out loud.

Randall also could grow up, and with his athleticism he could be a starting corner for 5-10 years.

pbmax
04-17-2018, 10:26 AM
I still think letting Randall go was a mistake. You can't let talent walk out the door. If his only issues were the ones we know about, I think they will live to regret it.

Deputy Nutz
04-17-2018, 10:30 AM
Randall wasn't talented enough to keep with his issues. He had a two cent head and couldn't manage to tackle anyone without getting hurt. He made some picks on balls he should have intercepted.

Pugger
04-17-2018, 11:02 AM
I still think letting Randall go was a mistake. You can't let talent walk out the door. If his only issues were the ones we know about, I think they will live to regret it.

I suspect the only reason folks got upset about trading Randall was the position he played. I find it rather telling Cleveland is moving him to saftety...

Smidgeon
04-17-2018, 11:03 AM

My tea leaf read is Randall was heading out the door anyway. Then the opportunity came along where they could get something out of him, so they did.

esoxx
04-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Brett Hundley has already proved he can't QB and chew gum at the same time.

pbmax
04-17-2018, 12:27 PM
My tea leaf read is Randall was heading out the door anyway. Then the opportunity came along where they could get something out of him, so they did.

Could be. I think Stubby is throwing his weight around a bit more lately (started with Sitton).

Fritz
04-17-2018, 12:35 PM
Brett Hundley has already proved he can't QB.

fFIFY

woodbuck27
04-17-2018, 01:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&qualified=true&season=2017&seasonType=REG

Lowest Ranked QB's 2017 Season with at least 200 Pass Attempts. I excluded QB's ie Aaron Rodgers who are rated as Starting QB"s :

Note How often DeShone Kizer was SACKED.

Player.....Team....Comp..Att..Pct...Att/G..Yds....Avg ....Yds/G....TD...Int...1st..1st%...Lng...20.+..40+....Sck ....Rate

D. Kizer..CLE.......255..476..53.6..31.7..2,894...6.1 1..92.9....11....22.....130...27.3...56T...43....3 ........38.......60.5

B. Hundley.GB.....192..316...60.8..28.7..1,836..5.81. ..66.9....9...12.....89....28.2.....55T...17...4.. ........29......70.6

C.J.Beathard..SF...123..224..54.9..32.0...1,430... 6.4...204.3...4....6.....66....29.5....83T.....16. ..6........19.......69.2

T.Savage..HOU....125..223..56.1..27.9....1,412.... 6.3...176.5...5....6...68.....30.5.......57......1 8...1........21.....71.4

Bretsky
04-17-2018, 05:23 PM

You are a huge Notre Dame Fan; did you love him out of college for his NFL Potential ?

Bretsky
04-17-2018, 05:26 PM
I think Randall had a ton of talent; if you hear interviews with players some thought he was the most talented DB per the radio heads to chat with the dude covering GB

I think he was a horrible teammate though and a combo of a locker room trouble maker/cancer

I think we all hate the fact that he turned out to be a shit draft pick at our weakest position

Joemailman
04-17-2018, 08:30 PM
You are a huge Notre Dame Fan; did you love him out of college for his NFL Potential ?

You didn't ask me but...

Kizer is very talented but he's been inconsistent. He made a mistake by leaving Notre Dame early. Then I think the Browns made a mistake by starting him as a rookie. I think getting a chance to observe things could do him a lot of good.

Bretsky
04-17-2018, 08:48 PM
You didn't ask me but...

Kizer is very talented but he's been inconsistent. He made a mistake by leaving Notre Dame early. Then I think the Browns made a mistake by starting him as a rookie. I think getting a chance to observe things could do him a lot of good.

One knock on Hundley is he just isn't an accurate passer

Is Kizer ?

gbgary
04-17-2018, 09:38 PM
I suspect the only reason folks got upset about trading Randall was the position he played. I find it rather telling Cleveland is moving him to saftety...

evidently that's his natural position. so the Packers tried to turn randall, a safety, into a cb...and josh jones, a safety, into a linebacker. i'm sure there are other examples i just can't remember. wth?

Harlan Huckleby
04-17-2018, 10:06 PM
I think Randall had a ton of talent; if you hear interviews with players some thought he was the most talented DB per the radio heads to chat with the dude covering GB

I think he was a horrible teammate though and a combo of a locker room trouble maker/cancer

Cutting a guy with ankle biter's tools is strange. Locker room cancer? I really doubt it. I think at pro level players take responsibility for themselves and aren't influenced by some other guy. Unless Randal was leaving deuces in lockers or something...

Too much talent to give up on so soon. But we'll see what he does in the league.

mraynrand
04-17-2018, 10:34 PM

Is Kizer ?

who could possibly know?

mraynrand
04-17-2018, 10:36 PM
I think at pro level players take responsibility for themselves and aren't influenced by some other guy.

Preach it!

https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1007/nfl.terrell.owens.rare.photos/images/terrell-owens.001324732.jpg

Joemailman
04-17-2018, 11:11 PM

Is Kizer ?

I think decision making was a bigger problem. He needs some NFL-caliber coaching. Here's the scouting report on him:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/deshone-kizer?id=2557983

Bretsky
04-18-2018, 12:07 AM
who could possibly know?

You have college film and nfl tape to form a view on this

I asked a guy who loves ND because I thought he might offer some input to defend Kizer etc...and maybe argue he will be a legit NFL starter

My view out of college was he was athletic but not a passing QB. But I can't say I saw many of his games.

I'm trying to see if others will argue that I'm wrong and he'll be a legit NFL starter someday

Bretsky
04-18-2018, 12:09 AM
Cutting a guy with ankle biter's tools is strange. Locker room cancer? I really doubt it. I think at pro level players take responsibility for themselves and aren't influenced by some other guy. Unless Randal was leaving deuces in lockers or something...

Too much talent to give up on so soon. But we'll see what he does in the league.

Randall was a locker room douchebag. You'll hear that from plenty of press people who knows what goes on.

I kind of agree too early to give up....and netting Kizer to me was not enough to throw a guy aside with talent at a position we currently suck at

mraynrand
04-18-2018, 07:16 AM
You have college film and nfl tape to form a view on this

I asked a guy who loves ND because I thought he might offer some input to defend Kizer etc...and maybe argue he will be a legit NFL starter

My view out of college was he was athletic but not a passing QB. But I can't say I saw many of his games.

I'm trying to see if others will argue that I'm wrong and he'll be a legit NFL starter someday

I was joking around. I've posted about Kizer several times.

ND72
04-18-2018, 08:22 AM
I liked Kizer a lot, but thought if he had stayed, he'd be in conversation this year with Darnold/Allen/Rosen. If Kizer had been given the chance to "redshirt" a couple of years, I think he has all the physical tools, but can be too robotic. I would be interested to see how he grows now without the pressure and need to perform and the chance to watch Rodgers, and learn.

ND72
04-18-2018, 08:24 AM

There was the report that the captains and team council came to McCarthy last year and asked him to cut Randall, but given this situation, cutting their best DB at the moment wasn't an option.

pbmax
04-18-2018, 08:34 AM
There was the report that the captains and team council came to McCarthy last year and asked him to cut Randall, but given this situation, cutting their best DB at the moment wasn't an option.

If true, then I drop my objection. Was this area rumor or published somewhere?

Still hard for me to see it. The meltdown was bad, but even that wasn't too dramatic. TV barely caught any of it. His public comments were backed up by Martinez, but given his reputation and earlier play, Randall wasn't the most trusted spokesperson.

mraynrand
04-18-2018, 09:34 AM
I suspect we typically only see the tip of the iceberg. Fortunately we have Harlan who is always able to divine what’s really going on.

MadScientist
04-18-2018, 10:58 AM

If true, then I drop my objection. Was this area rumor or published somewhere?

Still hard for me to see it. The meltdown was bad, but even that wasn't too dramatic. TV barely caught any of it. His public comments were backed up by Martinez, but given his reputation and earlier play, Randall wasn't the most trusted spokesperson.

Well there's no indication that Rodgers in unhappy that Randall is gone, so that leads some support for it. However, if he was such a problem, why on earth would Cleveland trade for him, considering they are fully aware of all that happened.

woodbuck27
04-18-2018, 11:12 AM

Is Kizer ?

Player.....Team....Comp..Att..Pct...Att/G..Yds....Avg ....Yds/G....TD...Int...1st..1st%...Lng...20.+..40+....Sck ....Rate

D. Kizer..CLE.......255..476..53.6..31.7..2,894...6.1 1..92.9....11....22.....130...27.3...56T...43....3 ........38.......60.5

B. Hundley.GB.....192..316...60.8..28.7..1,836..5.81. ..66.9....9...12.....89....28.2.....55T...17...4.. ........29......70.6

A comparison:

Kizer completed only 53.6 % of his 476 Passes. Hundley 60.8 % of his 316 Passes.

\Questions?

How good were Kizer's WR's compared to Hundley's? How good was Kizer's OL Vs Hundley's?

Kizer threw 50.63 % more Passes than Hundley and was SACKED 31 % more times.

Zool
04-18-2018, 11:15 AM
Kizer was a rookie on a bad team. Hundley was a 3rd year guy with weapons and a running game. Hard to compare the 2 guys yet.

woodbuck27
04-18-2018, 11:34 AM

I think we all hate the fact that he turned out to be a shit draft pick at our weakest position

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/10/this-thread-may-calm-your-fears-about-packers-trading-damarious-randall/

This thread may calm your fears about Packers trading Damarious Randall

" ...Randall made plays for the Packers, and he was undoubtedly the team’s best cornerback down the stretch in 2017. After a mid-game benching in Week 4, he rebounded and provided some sense of stability at the position, even as injuries mounted around him. The former first-round pick was widely believed to be a sure-fire starter alongside Kevin King in 2018.

Clearly, the Packers thought otherwise. Coaches and players ** soured on him **. Mike McCarthy went as far as saying Randall needed to “clean his own house” after the 2017 season.

Instead of toiling through another year of unpredictability with the volatile cornerback, they dealt him to Cleveland and jump-started the makeover at the position.

The decision has left the Packers with arguably the NFL’s worst group of cornerbacks. ..."

** ... https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/09/report-packers-players-wanted-damarious-randall-gone-after-benching/ ... **

Report: Packers players wanted Damarious Randall gone after benching

" ... Rob Demovsky of ESPN reported Friday that there existed an interest between players to oust Randall, whose attitude had soured the mood within the locker room.

“There was strong sentiment in the locker room at that time to give Randall the boot — sources said McCarthy’s committee of veteran players suggested that Randall be released — but the Packers stood by him,” Demovsky wrote.

Randall criticized then-Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers at the end of the season, to which McCarthy said Randall needed to “clean his own house.” ..."

Anti-Polar Bear
04-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Kizer is but a carbon copy of Hundley. Both are superabominations.

The Packers would be better off with Kap or Johnny Football.

mraynrand
04-18-2018, 01:05 PM
Kizer was a rookie on a bad team. Hundley was a 3rd year guy with weapons and a running game. Hard to compare the 2 guys yet.

You can just watch them. I have to admit, other than die-hard Cleveland fans, I don't know any other masochists who watched Kizer play 10-12 games like I did. But I did. His ceiling is much higher than Hundley. Dude can throw the rock. Has strength and stature. Inaccuracy and INTs were mostly due to hesitation (partly due to just awful receiver corps). Hundley is a better runner. So is Kap, but Kizer will kneel for no man.

woodbuck27
04-18-2018, 04:02 PM
Hundley or Kizer or Kizer or Hundley?

Well from what we all saw is anyone screaming in the end as the Packers Backup QB it's got to be, errrr the well what's his ahh name, yaa know the fella that, well he no, ahh gheesh he didn't do that, yaa but ahh, didn't he naw,.... ahh you 'of course' know that he chews gum !? Evidently Mr. Hundley didn't realize that School wasn't out.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Education/Pix/pictures/2010/9/14/1284458085550/Woman-Pointing-Her-Finger-006.jpg

Teacher says: Don't chew gum in class.

So instead this looks like our Guy as soon as Mike McCarthy gets clear of the Colin Kaepernick Missile Launch Mr. Gum Chewer will be jettisoned like 'the Bust'he was going to be when TT selected him (even if that term may be legitimately applied to our soon to be gone Backup QB.

What pisses me off is now TE Richard Rodgers who last Season was all we really had at TE is now a Philadelphia Eagle; 'Gum Chewer' is on the Packer Roster as at best a lame Camp Arm competing (for what? again) !!? Backup QB ?!! That makes ZERO sense. Give him his $no caps money$ and allow him to possibly become a Back Up QB in the CFL.

Have the Green Bay Packers made one move this Off Season that seriously Packer Nation can leap up and scream PACKERS !!! over?

Ladies and Gentleman I'm trying to get Y'all to see that the Issue with the Green Bay Packer and not going to the Super Bowl again with Aaron Rodgers under Center is the Packer no CAPS 'brass. It stinks at the TOP. So.... two Packer Board Members must find two more, and they find two more and (for all that is sensible):

Packer Nation (not just Packerrats) needs to see a whole scale change from CEO and President Mark Murphy on down to Head Coach Mike McCarthy. Get rid of all of them. The time to do that was this Off Season and now I fear it's simply too late. It's going to be like the Internet Company that just Fires and Hires a new set of Software Techs and those Guy's have such great plans for how it must be and all that was decent comes unglued.

Sorry to inform Y'all but my experience in life arrives at such wisdom. What you have now in Green Bay ia a bad case of this:

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

In the meantime, as our Backup QB we have the No. 52 Overall Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. Who told all of us that first? Well... it was arguably the GREATEST Pro Football Player of All Time; and PLEASE listen to what the Daft Analysts have to say and his need to develop and not be tossed into the proverbial undeveloped Cleveland Brown QB FIRE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W99iJuETDV8

He just needs some more time, to become a serviceable Backup QB.

So there you have it on 'a Silver Platter'... the woodbuck27 Skinny on a lot more that Backup QB. :-)

You may not like it and you can claim I'm (whatever slur rows your boat) but I'm a fair enough observer and intelligent enough Analyst after six decades as a Green Bay Packer and NFL fan to see it clearly.

ND72
04-18-2018, 04:07 PM
You can just watch them. I have to admit, other than die-hard Cleveland fans, I don't know any other masochists who watched Kizer play 10-12 games like I did. But I did. His ceiling is much higher than Hundley. Dude can throw the rock. Has strength and stature. Inaccuracy and INTs were mostly due to hesitation (partly due to just awful receiver corps). Hundley is a better runner. So is Kap, but Kizer will kneel for no man.

Kizer's arm is a lot bigger than Hundley's. Again, until I see him in maybe a more stable situation, I will hold off judgement. I liked Kizer in college. He got away with a lot of "stuff" in college because he had a cannon and could move. He has a crazy good deep ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XWRYI12J1c

mraynrand
04-18-2018, 04:15 PM
You may not like it and you can claim I'm ( it's got to be, errrr the well what's his ahh name, yaa know the fella that, well he no, ahh gheesh he didn't do that, yaa but ahh, didn't he naw,.... ahh you 'of course' know that he chews gum !?) but I'm a fair enough observer and intelligent enough Analyst after six decades as a Green Bay Packer and NFL fan to see it clearly.

interesting

mraynrand
04-18-2018, 04:19 PM
Kizer's arm is a lot bigger than Hundley's. Again, until I see him in maybe a more stable situation, I will hold off judgement. I liked Kizer in college. He got away with a lot of "stuff" in college because he had a cannon and could move. He has a crazy good deep ball.

Mike Mayock's comment on draft night was prophetic - Kizer gets late into games, they get behind, he thinks he has to win it by himself and then he makes mistakes.

I remember there was this QB in GB a while ago who thought he could win the game on every play, made a lot of foolish passes and turnovers, and it took two full years until he got that mostly under control...

Bretsky
04-18-2018, 08:52 PM
RICHARD RODGERS SUCKED; Losing him for a sack of beans caused many in Packer Nation to scream for joy. His speed made Ed the Toolbox West look like Randy Moss

Many are excited about Jimmy Graham; his former team the Saints wanted him back badly and we won out that battle.

Talent Wise Wilkinson is a gigantic upgrade at DL if he refocuses his efforts and plays like he did when last coached by out current Defensive Coordinator. And we didn't break the bank to sign him

And Mike Mccarthy let Dom Capers go and replaced him with a very exciting DC giving us hope

And he ridded himself of Edgar Bennett who to be honest was a poor OC. If MM had a fault with Edgar Bennett it may have been promoting him too much and too fast. He was a good RB and WR coach; he was not a OC.

I'd argue all of these moves were good ones that should create excitement

Bretsky
04-18-2018, 08:54 PM
Mike Mayock's comment on draft night was prophetic - Kizer gets late into games, they get behind, he thinks he has to win it by himself and then he makes mistakes.

I remember there was this QB in GB a while ago who thought he could win the game on every play, made a lot of foolish passes and turnovers, and it took two full years until he got that mostly under control...

Do you see the same upside, accuracy..throwing ability between the two ?

Bretsky
04-18-2018, 08:56 PM
I liked Kizer a lot, but thought if he had stayed, he'd be in conversation this year with Darnold/Allen/Rosen. If Kizer had been given the chance to "redshirt" a couple of years, I think he has all the physical tools, but can be too robotic. I would be interested to see how he grows now without the pressure and need to perform and the chance to watch Rodgers, and learn.

Thanks for the comments; I hope you are right; my sample size of watching him in not long

mraynrand
04-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Do you see the same upside, accuracy..throwing ability between the two ?

no way. Kizer is not the thrower that Favre was (who was, Favre had an epic fastball). But with some work, Kizer could be a good starter, maybe even a pro bowler. Maybe a shade better than Aaron Brooks.

Zool
04-18-2018, 10:13 PM

I was thinking more about production. At least Hundley got a couple wins, maybe in spite of him? If Kiser progresses in 2 years, he’s definitely better. If he doesn’t, they are pretty similar as far as career.

mraynrand
04-18-2018, 10:18 PM
I was thinking more about production. At least Hundley got a couple wins, maybe in spite of him? If Kiser progresses in 2 years, he’s definitely better. If he doesn’t, they are pretty similar as far as career.

Correct, if the people who said the 2017 Packers without Rodgers = Cleveland.

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 10:49 AM
RICHARD RODGERS SUCKED; Losing him for a sack of beans caused many in Packer Nation to scream for joy. His speed made Ed the Toolbox West look like Randy Moss

Many are excited about Jimmy Graham; his former team the Saints wanted him back badly and we won out that battle.

Talent Wise Wilkinson is a gigantic upgrade at DL if he refocuses his efforts and plays like he did when last coached by out current Defensive Coordinator. And we didn't break the bank to sign him

And Mike Mccarthy let Dom Capers go and replaced him with a very exciting DC giving us hope

And he ridded himself of Edgar Bennett who to be honest was a poor OC. If MM had a fault with Edgar Bennett it may have been promoting him too much and too fast. He was a good RB and WR coach; he was not a OC.

I'd argue all of these moves were good ones that should create excitement

Bretsky my responses are under yours.

" RICHARD RODGERS SUCKED; Losing him for a sack of beans caused many in Packer Nation to scream for joy. His speed made Ed the Toolbox West look like Randy Moss. "

The Eagles signed TE Richard Rodgers to a one-year contract. He had some early success in Green Bay but has been buried on the depth chart the last two seasons. He'll replace Trey Burton as a receiving complement to Zach Ertz in sub-packages. Rodgers has below-average blocking for a No. 2 tight end, but he gives the Eagles another red-zone option

Bretsky I have no issue with letting RR walk after signing TE Jimmy Graham. That signing made RR more than just redundant.

What annoys me is that we still have still have Brett Hundley as 'a Camp Arm' at best and the possibility he might have been retained linked to the Colin Kaepernick's Lagal Teams announced plan to depose Mike McCarthy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEKLh0VWybw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxNqHKiCI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNTMdkLwjms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byRgneHF9Io

If any of that has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with keeping 'only decent at gum chewing' *** Brett Hundley that really SUCKS !

*** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Hundley

" Many are excited about Jimmy Graham; his former team the Saints wanted him back badly and we won out that battle. "

I don't like it that this TE is blocking challenged and the Packers paid $10 Million$ for a Red Zone Specialist. Yes Graham is coming off his first double-digit touchdown campaign since 2014; but his YPC dropped dramatically from 14.2 to 9.1 in 2017. That drop off was another year removed from his devastating knee injury. He's an advancing aged TE at 31 Yes and he required frequent maintenance days in Seattle. Aaron Rodgers has the skills and touch with his passes to possibly make this a HR acquisition; but with the decline in the Packers WR Stable the Offense needs to get into the Red Zone to make Jimmy Graham's acquisition realistic. Who have they added at WR? How much CAP was available (after the Graham and Wilkerson signings) to add anything and experience, even approaching quality? See my comments (below) RE: The DL and Muhammad Wilkerson signing.

" Talent Wise Wilkinson is a gigantic upgrade at DL if he refocuses his efforts and plays like he did when last coached by out current Defensive Coordinator. And we didn't break the bank to sign him. "

Considering the cost to the CAP this is a good risk and Wilkerson's upside as long as his attitude is full on 'Packers Thanks and you made a good move'. I believe also given that arguably on the 'D', that the DL is the Packers strongest Position of their ELEVEN that this signing is to use Pugger's word 'telling'.

At Pick NO. 14 will the Packers trade up? NO and not as I saw on the NFL Network for the shot to grab EDGE Marcus Davenport. Will the Packers trade down? Very possibly, yet with the addition of Muhammad Wilkerson is it a highest priority to draft at EDGE ? Maybe they look at their best and Davenport Vs EDGE Harold Landry.

The thing is today, the Green Bay Packer have huge need at CB and certainly amongst the worst NFL Teams and the CB position. All of a sudden the Packers look weak at WR.

The DL addition and Muhammad Wilkerson signing signals that the Packers will focus their early Round Picks ie NO. 14 and NO's 45;76 and. 10 on predominant DB (CB and S) and WR prospects.

"And Mike Mccarthy let Dom Capers go and replaced him with a very exciting DC giving us hope."

That move was way too late and should have happened three Seasons ago if not before that. All of Packer Nation knew that as the 2017 Season went Dom Capers was cooked that MM would make this 'no brainer' move or replace Dom Capers at DC. We're pulling for DC Mike Pettine.

" And he ridded himself of Edgar Bennett who to be honest was a poor OC. If MM had a fault with Edgar Bennett it may have been promoting him too much and too fast. He was a good RB and WR coach; he was not a OC. "

I've no comment on MM's decision to release @017 OC Edgar Bennett. :???: Ghessh ! The Surname Bennett (ie Martellus and Michael) and the NFL has a certain stigma about it and the year 2017. Former long time Packer Coach and player Edgar Bennett III, landed in Oakland with a (may be perceived) demotion as their WR Coach.

" I'd argue all of these moves were good ones that should create excitement. "

I'd never argue with you Bretsky as I've come to respect your positions. I wouldn't waste any time even making a RE-Post with the people in here I consider challenged and having 'a real clue' as to things REAL and Packers or NFL

I merely add insight into why I think as I do as 'a respect to you' Bretsky.

Harlan Huckleby
04-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Richard Rodgers is a man after my own heart. Good hands, lousy legs. Not especially strong, but able to use his large ass to clear away pass defenders. He is a red zone wonder cause he got tired if he had to run any further.

Wait, he also had that famous hail mary catch on his highlight film.

Zool
04-19-2018, 02:00 PM
The only reason he caught that hail mary is he was 8 yards behind everyone else.

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 06:57 PM
The only reason he caught that hail mary is he was 8 yards behind everyone else.

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0vVqStvh_8

At 13 Seconds on this Highlight Video Richard Rodgers is clearly across the Goal Line and going up to make the ridiculously and incredibly famous reception of a ridiculously incredible 61 or plus yard throw from Aaron Rodgers to that End Zone. It was all just simply P E R F E C T.

Richard Rodgers 'instinctively' knew that if he hustled any more or got too deep in that End Zone that being in or behind the crowd wouldn't play.

See that's the ting I believe many Of you fellas are missing and what is vital or instinctive chemistry and between Pro Athletes. That comes from something called experience.

This Season that will be gone with the likes of Richard Rodgers now in Philly and Jordy Nelson now in Oakland.

I bet Aaron Rodgers is well aware of this as a TRUTH because he's now an accomplished PRO and has added some wisdom to his above average intelligence.. Chemistry often doesn't (if it does at all) develop in a little while. It takes a lot of practise and repetition and comradeship.

That cannot be just replaced it must be redeveloped with the right Team Mates. If at TE Jimmy H Graham Trumps Richard Rodgers !

Who have the Packer Brass brought to Green Bay's Roster to replace Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson and TN !?

N O O N E !

Joemailman
04-19-2018, 06:57 PM

http://www.sportsonearth.com/assets/images/2/4/8/158802248/cuts/Packers_HailMary_3w14nkc2_ok5k0s5r.jpg

mraynrand
04-19-2018, 07:51 PM

This is correct. Rodgers was trailing on the play (was 'behind' everyone else getting to the end zone), so he was in position to catch the ball that was 'under thrown' relative to the deep coverage. Rodgers wasn't covered on the play.

hoosier
04-19-2018, 08:11 PM
It was a back shoulder hail mary.

Joemailman
04-19-2018, 08:20 PM
This is correct. Rodgers was trailing on the play (was 'behind' everyone else getting to the end zone), so he was in position to catch the ball that was 'under thrown' relative to the deep coverage. Rodgers wasn't covered on the play.

Okay, I guess I misinterpreted what Zool meant by behind. Although I think Rodgers was exactly where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be.

https://i.imgur.com/WKc0KoF.gif

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 08:24 PM

in ... position ... to catch ... the ball ... that was 'under thrown'

doo daa ... doo daa ... doo daa ... doo daa

assholes will consistently act like...................assholes.

Sure distract from the one truly GREAT play Richard Rodgers made and.....

GTH !

Zool
04-19-2018, 09:29 PM
Okay, I guess I misinterpreted what Zool meant by behind. Although I think Rodgers was exactly where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be.

When he comes into frame, he’s at the 8 yard line. Was his pattern to run around at the 20 until Rodgers throws the ball?

Joemailman
04-19-2018, 09:39 PM
When he comes into frame, he’s at the 8 yard line. Was his pattern to run around at the 20 until Rodgers throws the ball?

He's 6'5", 270 lbs. I think his pattern was to use his big body to block out everyone else just as the ball arrives. He had to delay because Rodgers had to escape pressure and roll out before throwing the ball. It was about 8 seconds from the snap until Rodgers threw the ball.

Bretsky
04-19-2018, 09:45 PM
Bretsky my responses are under yours.

" RICHARD RODGERS SUCKED; Losing him for a sack of beans caused many in Packer Nation to scream for joy. His speed made Ed the Toolbox West look like Randy Moss. "

The Eagles signed TE Richard Rodgers to a one-year contract. He had some early success in Green Bay but has been buried on the depth chart the last two seasons. He'll replace Trey Burton as a receiving complement to Zach Ertz in sub-packages. Rodgers has below-average blocking for a No. 2 tight end, but he gives the Eagles another red-zone option

Bretsky I have no issue with letting RR walk after signing TE Jimmy Graham. That signing made RR more than just redundant.

What annoys me is that we still have still have Brett Hundley as 'a Camp Arm' at best and the possibility he might have been retained linked to the Colin Kaepernick's Lagal Teams announced plan to depose Mike McCarthy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEKLh0VWybw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxNqHKiCI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNTMdkLwjms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byRgneHF9Io

If any of that has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with keeping 'only decent at gum chewing' *** Brett Hundley that really SUCKS !

*** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Hundley

" Many are excited about Jimmy Graham; his former team the Saints wanted him back badly and we won out that battle. "

I don't like it that this TE is blocking challenged and the Packers paid $10 Million$ for a Red Zone Specialist. Yes Graham is coming off his first double-digit touchdown campaign since 2014; but his YPC dropped dramatically from 14.2 to 9.1 in 2017. That drop off was another year removed from his devastating knee injury. He's an advancing aged TE at 31 Yes and he required frequent maintenance days in Seattle. Aaron Rodgers has the skills and touch with his passes to possibly make this a HR acquisition; but with the decline in the Packers WR Stable the Offense needs to get into the Red Zone to make Jimmy Graham's acquisition realistic. Who have they added at WR? How much CAP was available (after the Graham and Wilkerson signings) to add anything and experience, even approaching quality? See my comments (below) RE: The DL and Muhammad Wilkerson signing.

" Talent Wise Wilkinson is a gigantic upgrade at DL if he refocuses his efforts and plays like he did when last coached by out current Defensive Coordinator. And we didn't break the bank to sign him. "

Considering the cost to the CAP this is a good risk and Wilkerson's upside as long as his attitude is full on 'Packers Thanks and you made a good move'. I believe also given that arguably on the 'D', that the DL is the Packers strongest Position of their ELEVEN that this signing is to use Pugger's word 'telling'.

At Pick NO. 14 will the Packers trade up? NO and not as I saw on the NFL Network for the shot to grab EDGE Marcus Davenport. Will the Packers trade down? Very possibly, yet with the addition of Muhammad Wilkerson is it a highest priority to draft at EDGE ? Maybe they look at their best and Davenport Vs EDGE Harold Landry.

The thing is today, the Green Bay Packer have huge need at CB and certainly amongst the worst NFL Teams and the CB position. All of a sudden the Packers look weak at WR.

The DL addition and Muhammad Wilkerson signing signals that the Packers will focus their early Round Picks ie NO. 14 and NO's 45;76 and. 10 on predominant DB (CB and S) and WR prospects.

"And Mike Mccarthy let Dom Capers go and replaced him with a very exciting DC giving us hope."

That move was way too late and should have happened three Seasons ago if not before that. All of Packer Nation knew that as the 2017 Season went Dom Capers was cooked that MM would make this 'no brainer' move or replace Dom Capers at DC. We're pulling for DC Mike Pettine.

" And he ridded himself of Edgar Bennett who to be honest was a poor OC. If MM had a fault with Edgar Bennett it may have been promoting him too much and too fast. He was a good RB and WR coach; he was not a OC. "

I've no comment on MM's decision to release @017 OC Edgar Bennett. :???: Ghessh ! The Surname Bennett (ie Martellus and Michael) and the NFL has a certain stigma about it and the year 2017. Former long time Packer Coach and player Edgar Bennett III, landed in Oakland with a (may be perceived) demotion as their WR Coach.

" I'd argue all of these moves were good ones that should create excitement. "

I'd never argue with you Bretsky as I've come to respect your positions. I wouldn't waste any time even making a RE-Post with the people in here I consider challenged and having 'a real clue' as to things REAL and Packers or NFL

I merely add insight into why I think as I do as 'a respect to you' Bretsky.

GOOD POST WOODBUCK
I pretty much agree with everything you noted in here.
I just tend to like MM more than you do.

Brett

Zool
04-19-2018, 10:08 PM
GOOD POST WOODBUCK
I pretty much agree with everything you noted in here.
I just tend to like MM more than you do.

Brett

There’s no way you read that whole thing.

Harlan Huckleby
04-20-2018, 09:44 AM
It was an act of God, a miracle. Can't we just leave it that?

red
04-20-2018, 09:54 AM

Lol, an underthrown ball that went 70 yards and almost hit the roof

pbmax
04-20-2018, 09:59 AM

I don't know about under thrown. It would have hit almost the dead center of the end zone.

It was such a moonshot, that I think the players down there early thought it was going deeper, but just kept climbing higher.

mraynrand
04-20-2018, 10:40 AM

that's why 'under thrown' was in quotes. Because the play was designed to have Rodgers come up late and catch the 'short throw' versus the 'long throw' if it went to the back of the end zone (you can see that play in the NYG playoff game catch to Cobb). I'm using short and long relative to the Endzone and the coverage.

mraynrand
04-20-2018, 10:41 AM

no

esoxx
04-20-2018, 11:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgXnDZoYNA

woodbuck27
04-20-2018, 11:43 AM

Around the NFL it was considered by 10 K's of NFL Fans as the most outstanding Play of the year.

At Packerrats it's dashed about and sliced and diced. :idea:

It's really 'a head shaker', unless your a long term member and understood the mentality, attitudes and weak on decency and personality of some members here.

The 'snake in the Rock Pile Crew' and posting utter BS through their asses. It's really sad just how pathetically stupid some of these members can get. It's like a great Man once said:

" Forgive them (IGNORE THEM) for they do not know what they do."

mraynrand
04-20-2018, 11:45 AM
The 'snake in the Rock Pile Crew' and posting utter BS through their asses. It's really sad just how pathetically stupid some of these members can get. It's like a great Man once said"

Physician, heal thyself!

Anti-Polar Bear
04-20-2018, 12:22 PM
Yo, my bro Janis also caught a rock from Jesus' mother. But no one remembers it cos McCarthy lacked the courage to go for two, and then Randall fucked up in OT.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5911673/hoyladsaodsa.0.gif

woodbuck27
04-21-2018, 12:16 AM
Yo, my bro Janis also caught a rock from Jesus' mother. But no one remembers it cos McCarthy lacked the courage to go for two, and then Randall fucked up in OT.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5911673/hoyladsaodsa.0.gif

I remember it and so did the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9719/jeff-janis

pbmax
04-21-2018, 08:26 AM

He was the trail guy who is supposed to get the deflection as well. His job is literally to get there last and short of the ball after everyone ends up in a clump.