PDA

View Full Version : 2018 NFL Draft Sleepers

pbmax
04-19-2018, 07:41 AM
Including a guy that I am retroactively mad did not get invited to join the Badgers, especially since he was from Madison. And this during a time the team was desperate for WR talent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769964-best-kept-secrets-of-the-2018-nfl-draft

1. QB: Nic Shimonek, Texas Tech
2. WR: DaeSean Hamilton, Penn State
3. RB: Phillip Lindsay, Colorado
4. LB: Nick Deluca, North Dakota State
5. WR: Daurice Fountain, Northern Iowa should read Wisconsin
6. TE: Tyler Conklin, Central Michigan
7. WR: Richie James, Middle Tennessee State
8. RB: Jamal Morrow, Washington State
9. DT: Bilal Nichols, Delaware
10. LB: Foye Oluokun, Yale
11. CB: Malik Reaves, Villanova
12 CB:Trey Johnson, Villanova

pbmax
04-19-2018, 07:44 AM
Who was the DB the Packers selected from the Northeast I think, who was from a small school but had a blazing 40 yard time at a Pro Day.

Pretty sure he was on the roster for awhile but did not develop. This was after Nick Collins and maybe after Shields, so there were high hopes they had unearthed another semi-unknown gem. Reaves has that kind of profile.

hoosier
04-19-2018, 08:36 AM
Two cornerbacks from Villanova??? Has V become the Ohio State of the Jesuit League? EDIT: Don't know why I was thinking Jesuit. Augustinian league I mean.

Guiness
04-19-2018, 08:56 AM
Who was the DB the Packers selected from the Northeast I think, who was from a small school but had a blazing 40 yard time at a Pro Day.

Pretty sure he was on the roster for awhile but did not develop. This was after Nick Collins and maybe after Shields, so there were high hopes they had unearthed another semi-unknown gem. Reaves has that kind of profile.

Do you mean Chris Johnson? I remember him for some reason. Couldn't get healthy, including a staph infection during his time in Green Bay. Had a couple of good years with the Raiders then got off the couch for a cup of coffee with the Ravens and won a SB!

mraynrand
04-19-2018, 08:59 AM
Two cornerbacks from Villanova??? Has V become the Ohio State of the Jesuit League? EDIT: Don't know why I was thinking Jesuit. Augustinian league I mean.

It doesn't matter, they're all playing for the same team now

hoosier
04-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Off the top of your head, how many Villanova players currently in NFL? I can think of two, one on the Colts and the other, I think, plays for KC. Brian Westbrook is the only other Villanova grad I can think of who made it to the NFL. Finding two VU corners among the 2018 sleepers is like discovering that UW Lacrosse has become a wide receiver factory.

pbmax
04-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Do you mean Chris Johnson? I remember him for some reason. Couldn't get healthy, including a staph infection during his time in Green Bay. Had a couple of good years with the Raiders then got off the couch for a cup of coffee with the Ravens and won a SB!

Maybe, though I am inclined to say this guy was even more obscure. I am not entirely sure he did any more than make the PS.

bigcoz75
04-19-2018, 12:46 PM

Jerron McMillian, safety from Maine. Ran a 4.36 40 at his pro day

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 01:40 PM

That's this Guy:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnCh26.htm

Drafted by the Packers in the 7th Rd of the 2003 DRAFT.

He didn't play at all for the Packers (2003 and 2004) and in 2005 landed with St. Louis RAMS (see the LINK above).

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 01:53 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/Jerron_McMillian_-_San_Francisco_vs_Green_Bay_2012.jpg

Jerron ' whoops Break! ' McMillian....Safety, College : Maine Black Bears.

Selected in the fourth round (133rd overall) by the Green Bay Packers ( 2012 NFL Draft )

Released by the Packers.December 3, 2013

Jerron McMillian signed with the KC Chiefs, Jan. 12, 2014 and the Chiefs released Jerron McMillian on August 25, 2014

pbmax
04-19-2018, 02:22 PM

That's the guy! Good call.

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 04:05 PM
Including a guy that I am retroactively mad did not get invited to join the Badgers, especially since he was from Madison. And this during a time the team was desperate for WR talent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769964-best-kept-secrets-of-the-2018-nfl-draft

1. QB: Nic Shimonek, Texas Tech
2. WR: DaeSean Hamilton, Penn State
3. RB: Phillip Lindsay, Colorado
4. LB: Nick Deluca, North Dakota State
5. WR: Daurice Fountain, Northern Iowa should read Wisconsin
6. TE: Tyler Conklin, Central Michigan
7. WR: Richie James, Middle Tennessee State
8. RB: Jamal Morrow, Washington State
9. DT: Bilal Nichols, Delaware
10. LB: Foye Oluokun, Yale
11. CB: Malik Reaves, Villanova
12 CB:Trey Johnson, Villanova

Joel Klatt's TOP TEN Early Round Sleepers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HudNZ_xoudI

As you look at these Sleepers remember that 'a GOOD RULE of Thumb' and building a solid is to build it Front to Back and Inside to Out.

!0. Safety - Markus Allen - Penn. State ... Klatt says he's'a terrific hybride player' for this Teams solid 'D'.

9. OLB - Obo Okoronkwo - Oklahoma ... Klatt says he should h go before Pick NO. 56. This Guy was a force for Oklahoma that had to be accounted for when preparing to play them.

8. DT IT - B.J. Hill - North Carolina State - This Guy is being overlooked. Bradley Chubb is getting all the love but when you evaluate the film on Chubb this other Guy B.J. Hill Number 98 simply stands out with his aggressive play and quickness from the interior Line and he's strong and can push the Pocket. Klatt says he could easily fit with a Team at Pick NO. 30 - 45 Slots.

7. DT Harrison Phillips - Stanford - This Guy had what !?!... > 100 Tackles and never missed a snap and he's quick with exceptional lateral movement. Klatt says he'll start right away and it wouldn't surprize him if he made a Peo Bowl inside of three Seasons.

6. DE - Sam Hubbard NO. 6 - OHIO State - Here's a Gut that's very fundamentally sound and he's been coached by one of the very best DL Coach Larry Johnson. Klatt feels that Hubbard could be a late 1st Rd. selection.

5. DT - Vita Vea - Washington - He's hard to believe when you see him as it's that impressive like what's this fella is like a BOULDER that can really move and he should be a TOP 15 Overall Pick and an Al PRO.

4. OLB -Malik Jefferson NO. 46 - TEXAS - This Guy was highly recruited and he's a terrific player that just had his best year with a TOP 20 'D'. He's fast and finishes really well or he does something the Packers ned again of Guys that can tackle. He improved his coverage skills this past year. He also has leadership skills. He should make an NFL Roster as a late 2nd or early 3rd Round selection.

3. DT - Nathan Sheperd. Fort Hayes State - "You know nothing about this Guy and if you do kudos and if you did I'm shocked, as he didn't play in College" Joel Klatt. A chiseled 315 lb Guy that was way above all those he played with like a Man among boys. He's RAW and certainly not refined but he has skills and he's strong with powerful very powerful hands and he dominated with his strengths and Klatt is excited to see what he'll do at the next level.

2. RB - Rashaad Penny- San Diego State - The Deepest Position Group in this Draft is at Running Back (Joel
Klatt). Two NFL HC's have informed Klatt that after Saquan Barkley that Penny (5' 11" 220 lbs) is the next best RB ! You have Guys that run the pill available in this Draft like: Ronald Jones II - USC and Nick Chubb - Georgia and Sony Michel - Georgia

and Royce Freeman - Oregon and Kerryon Johnson - Auburn and Kalen Ballage - Arizona State

Joel Klatt said he wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see a repeat of the 2017 Season and RB's like the Saints RB Alvin Kamara and the Chiefs Kareem Hunt (both 2017 Rookies) be dominating in offences. He said he wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rashaad Penny lead all NFL Rookie RB's in production. Why? Well he ran for > 2000 Yards for San Diego State last Year and he's strong and should be that Guy you might count on for 25 Carries per game. It looks like the Packers have a couple of decent 2nd Year NFL quality RB's Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones and and Devante Mays and we're not entirely sure where Ty Montgomery, is going to play but everything being said informs us that say s he's a RB still and not shifting back to the WER position. He may be forced back to WR the way things look right now. All the same if a solid Prospect is there say at Pick NO 101 at RB do you say no?

1. and Joel Klatt's NO. 1 Sleeper is and there can be no doubt here. Watching this BEAST play on Film, it's Guard Will Hernandez - UTEP and if you have any doubt here, simply line up a date with his Video's on YouTube. That MAN is a dominant OL changing Guard. End of story.

Joemailman
04-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Are draft sleepers the same as combine sleepers?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R0rPdDaAWNI/AAAAAAAAD00/TsGIUkEw_kg/s400/mikeshermansleeping.jpg

denverYooper
04-19-2018, 04:17 PM
It was only a matter of time for 'Ol Sleepin' Sherman.

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 06:33 PM

As you look at these Sleepers remember that 'a GOOD RULE of Thumb' and building a solid is to build it Front to Back and Inside to Out.

!0. Safety - Markus Allen - Penn. State ... Klatt says he's'a terrific hybride player' for this Teams solid 'D'.

9. OLB - Obo Okoronkwo - Oklahoma ... Klatt says he should h go before Pick NO. 56. This Guy was a force for Oklahoma that had to be accounted for when preparing to play them.

8. DT IT - B.J. Hill - North Carolina State - This Guy is being overlooked. Bradley Chubb is getting all the love but when you evaluate the film on Chubb this other Guy B.J. Hill Number 98 simply stands out with his aggressive play and quickness from the interior Line and he's strong and can push the Pocket. Klatt says he could easily fit with a Team at Pick NO. 30 - 45 Slots.

7. DT Harrison Phillips - Stanford - This Guy had what !?!... > 100 Tackles and never missed a snap and he's quick with exceptional lateral movement. Klatt says he'll start right away and it wouldn't surprize him if he made a Peo Bowl inside of three Seasons.

6. DE - Sam Hubbard NO. 6 - OHIO State - Here's a Gut that's very fundamentally sound and he's been coached by one of the very best DL Coach Larry Johnson. Klatt feels that Hubbard could be a late 1st Rd. selection.

5. DT - Vita Vea - Washington - He's hard to believe when you see him as it's that impressive like what's this fella is like a BOULDER that can really move and he should be a TOP 15 Overall Pick and an Al PRO.

4. OLB -Malik Jefferson NO. 46 - TEXAS - This Guy was highly recruited and he's a terrific player that just had his best year with a TOP 20 'D'. He's fast and finishes really well or he does something the Packers ned again of Guys that can tackle. He improved his coverage skills this past year. He also has leadership skills. He should make an NFL Roster as a late 2nd or early 3rd Round selection.

3. DT - Nathan Sheperd. Fort Hayes State - "You know nothing about this Guy and if you do kudos and if you did I'm shocked, as he didn't play in College" Joel Klatt. A chiseled 315 lb Guy that was way above all those he played with like a Man among boys. He's RAW and certainly not refined but he has skills and he's strong with powerful very powerful hands and he dominated with his strengths and Klatt is excited to see what he'll do at the next level.

2. RB - Rashaad Penny- San Diego State - The Deepest Position Group in this Draft is at Running Back (Joel
Klatt). Two NFL HC's have informed Klatt that after Saquan Barkley that Penny (5' 11" 220 lbs) is the next best RB ! You have Guys that run the pill available in this Draft like: Ronald Jones II - USC and Nick Chubb - Georgia and Sony Michel - Georgia

and Royce Freeman - Oregon and Kerryon Johnson - Auburn and Kalen Ballage - Arizona State

Joel Klatt said he wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see a repeat of the 2017 Season and RB's like the Saints RB Alvin Kamara and the Chiefs Kareem Hunt (both 2017 Rookies) be dominating in offences. He said he wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rashaad Penny lead all NFL Rookie RB's in production. Why? Well he ran for > 2000 Yards for San Diego State last Year and he's strong and should be that Guy you might count on for 25 Carries per game. It looks like the Packers have a couple of decent 2nd Year NFL quality RB's Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones and and Devante Mays and we're not entirely sure where Ty Montgomery, is going to play but everything being said informs us that say s he's a RB still and not shifting back to the WER position. He may be forced back to WR the way things look right now. All the same if a solid Prospect is there say at Pick NO 101 at RB do you say no?

1. and Joel Klatt's NO. 1 Sleeper is and there can be no doubt here. Watching this BEAST play on Film, it's Guard Will Hernandez - UTEP and if you have any doubt here, simply line up a date with his Video's on YouTube. That MAN is a dominant OL changing Guard. End of story.

See Joel Klatt's Sleeper NO. 3 above:

DL 3T Nathan Shepherd -Fort Hays State -6'4" 315 lbs Prospect Grade - 5.70

A native of Ontario, Canada, Shepherd was a 205-pound linebacker in high school before attending Simon Fraser University, in British Columbia, Canada. Over the next couple of years, he continued to grow, eventually playing in nine games as a redshirt freshman for the Clan in 2012 (20 tackles, seven for loss, 2.5 sacks).

Eventually, he made his way to Kansas to play for the Tigers after an FHSU coach saw his highlight tape. tape.

Just lately he has risen fast by 48 Spots to Position 102 Overall and the seventh Ranked DL 3T on the DRAFTTEK Board.

By: Lance Zierlein - NFL Analyst -Draft Projection = Rounds 2-3

NFL Comparison = Akiem Hicks

Zool
04-19-2018, 09:26 PM
I think I’ll start quoting myself

Zool
04-19-2018, 09:26 PM

Huh, this is kinda fun. It’s like worthless post inception.

woodbuck27
04-20-2018, 11:56 AM

I took over an hour (PLUS) to create that Post ...FOR...Packerrats. It wasn't any 'copy and past' !

I'll Reply to that original Post as I have the option to Zool, Thanks. :-)

What is it Zool?

Do you have 'a HARD ON for me' Packer Fan? Am I not measuring up to your expectations? :-)

This is a Green Bay Packer Forum. Your the Moderator here Zool.

Do you prefer that Packerrats become a nihilistic site; that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated?

This is a Forum and I make a concerted effort to communicate a lot of information here for the membership to at least assert an option of better understanding. I contribute in accordance with my intelligence wisdom and analytical skills. I've never played 'Gang On' ,or follow the weak wanna be leader.

Zool
04-20-2018, 12:47 PM
You need help.

PM me a pic and I'll tell you if you give me a hard on.

mraynrand
04-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Do you prefer that Packerrats become a nihilistic site; that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated?

Wait, I thought we passed that point years ago... :)

Oh wait, that's just me.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/uk/2/25/Barney_110.gif

pbmax
04-20-2018, 04:26 PM
Back to topic:

I want to draft Daurice Fountain and call him "The Bubbler".

mraynrand
04-20-2018, 04:47 PM
Back to topic:

I want to draft Daurice Fountain and call him "The Bubbler".

"back to topic"

Joemailman
04-20-2018, 05:11 PM
Gerhard De Beer - OT - Arizona. His name would look great on the back of a Packer jersey.

woodbuck27
04-20-2018, 10:53 PM
How about OLB - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma He might be nicknamed Bon Bon.

Yikes !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cedoBlUvBlI

HarveyWallbangers
04-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Some of my favorite sleepers

QB Logan Woodside (Toledo) - Reminds me a little bit of Drew Brees.
Logan Woodside vs. Miami (Fla) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_HQOUFoO9w)

RB Josh Adams (Notre Dame) - Reminds me of James Starks. Tall, lanky kid with surprising speed.
Josh Adams vs. USC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eex0xUl_Wfg&t=123s)

WR Justin Watson (Pennsylvania) - Reminds me of Eric Decker. Shined at Shrine Game. Held his own at Senior Bowl. Combine snub who blew up his Pro Day. He and Daurice Fountain (Northern Iowa) probably helped themselves the most at their Pro Days. Similar measurables to Jeff Janis, but this guy can actually play receiver.
Justin Watson Highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kBD8Zp6Vmo)

Michael Gallup (Colorado State) and Tre'Quan Smith (Central Florida) are two guys I like better than the consensus.

TE Jordan Akins (Central Florida) - I don't really have a sleeper at TE, but I think Akins can play in the NFL. He's an older prospect. Like Hayden Hurst, he tried baseball first.

OT Brandon Parker (North Carolina A&T) - Lots of people are on the Desmond Harrison (West Georgia) bandwagon, but I like Parker more. I liked his work at the Senior Bowl.

Interior OL - I can't really name one. The OG and OC groups are top heavy. I really like the consensus top 5 (Quenton Nelson, Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez, Austin Corbett, and Branden Smith) at OG and the consensus top 3 (Daniels, Price, Ragnow) at OC. I like Mason Cole (Michigan) much more than Will Clapp (LSU). The rest of the group really struggled at the Senior Bowl.

DT - Justin Jones (NC State)/B.J. Hill (NC State) - Teammates that dominated at the Senior Bowl, and their testing numbers at the combine didn't disappoint.

EDGE - Kylie Fitts (Utah) - Measurables are good, and I thought he looked like he had some cover ability at the combine. Injury prone though--which has dropped his stock.

EDGE - Dorance Armstrong (Kansas) - He didn't test well at the combine, but I thought he looked great in the drills. Very fluid.

ILB - Genard Avery (Memphis) - Thumper with more athleticism than you'd think. Team leader, highly productive.
Genard Avery Highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRGit7VBaL4)

CB - Nick Nelson (Wisconsin) - Not really a sleeper but doesn't get a lot of attention. His stock seems to be rising ahead of the draft, but I've been on his bandwagon for awhile. Always around the ball. Didn't have a lot of interceptions in college (lots of pass deflections), but I thought his ball skills were decent at the combine, so my fears were alleviated a little bit.
Nick Nelson Combine Workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBYRKiJqJos)

A few other CBs that have stood out to me are Holton Hill (Texas), Brandon Facyson (Virginia Tech), and Michael Joseph (Dubuque). Hill is just a good all around corner who offers scheme flexibility, but he has character concerns. Facyson looks good in a press scheme, but he has injury concerns. Joseph is a small school playmaker who tested well enough.

S Terrell Edmunds (Virginia Tech) - You can't teach his measurables, so I'm surprised most have him as a midround pick. He tried to do too much going for the big play in college, but I think he can be a starter in the NFL with good coaching.
Terrell Edmunds Highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af8nHC2x_7M)

woodbuck27
04-20-2018, 11:06 PM
You need help.

Holy Crap get a grip. Cut me out of your Fantasy.......... please.

https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/shkreli-prison-shadows.jpg

I'm just a Canuck Maritimer with intelligence, compassion and solid integrity. Do you desire to make me a Facebook Friend Zool?

woodbuck27
04-20-2018, 11:53 PM
HarveyWallbangers;972164]Some of my favorite sleepers

QB Logan Woodside (Toledo) - Reminds me a little bit of Drew Brees.
Logan Woodside vs. Miami (Fla) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_HQOUFoO9w)

** Pick him up as a 7th Round Pick or UFA.

RB Josh Adams (Notre Dame) - Reminds me of James Starks. Tall, lanky kid with surprising speed.
Josh Adams vs. USC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eex0xUl_Wfg&t=123s)

** A possibility at Packers NO. 133 Pick at the Bottom of Round 4.

WR Justin Watson (Pennsylvania) - Reminds me of Eric Decker. Shined at Shrine Game. Held his own at Senior Bowl. Combine snub who blew up his Pro Day. He and Daurice Fountain (Northern Iowa) probably helped themselves the most at their Pro Days. Similar measurables to Jeff Janis, but this guy can actually play receiver.
Justin Watson Highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kBD8Zp6Vmo)

** Go after him as a possibility and UFA !

Michael Gallup (Colorado State) and Tre'Quan Smith (Central Florida) are two guys I like better than the consensus.

** Both WR Prospects and possibly at Packers NO. 101 Pick at Top of Rd. 4.

TE Jordan Akins (Central Florida) - I don't really have a sleeper at TE, but I think Akins can play in the NFL. He's an older prospect. Like Hayden Hurst, he tried baseball first.

** another Possible 7th Rd. Pick AT NO. 232 or 239 or as a UFA.

OT Brandon Parker (North Carolina A&T) - Lots of people are on the Desmond Harrison (West Georgia) bandwagon, but I like Parker more. I liked his work at the Senior Bowl.

** another strong possibility at TOP of Rd. 4 and Pick NO. 101.

Interior OL - I can't really name one. The OG and OC groups are top heavy. I really like the consensus top 5 (Quenton Nelson, Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez, Austin Corbett, and Branden Smith) at OG and the consensus top 3 (Daniels, Price, Ragnow) at OC. *** I like Mason Cole (Michigan)*** much more than Will Clapp (LSU). The rest of the group really struggled at the Senior Bowl.

*** Maybe Packers Pick OC Mason Cole at Bottom of Rd. 4 and Pick NO. 133 or Top of Rd. 5 and Pick NO. 138?

DT - Justin Jones (NC State)/B.J. Hill (NC State) - Teammates that dominated at the Senior Bowl, and their testing numbers at the combine didn't disappoint.

** Another possibility and at Picks NO. 133 or 138 or Bottom of 4th or Top of Rd. 5.

EDGE - Kylie Fitts (Utah) - Measurables are good, and I thought he looked like he had some cover ability at the combine. Injury prone though--which has dropped his stock.

** Ditto and see Immediately above.

EDGE - Dorance Armstrong (Kansas) - He didn't test well at the combine, but I thought he looked great in the drills. Very fluid.

** A Bang on possibility for the Packer #rd Rd. Pick at NO. 76.

ILB - Genard Avery (Memphis) - Thumper with more athleticism than you'd think. Team leader, highly productive.

** Another UFA Possibility.

CB - Nick Nelson (Wisconsin) - Not really a sleeper but doesn't get a lot of attention. His stock seems to be rising ahead of the draft, but I've been on his bandwagon for awhile. Always around the ball. Didn't have a lot of interceptions in college (lots of pass deflections), but I thought his ball skills were decent at the combine, so my fears were alleviated a little bit.

** Another possibility at Picks NO. 133 and 138.

A few other CBs that have stood out to me are Holton Hill (Texas), Brandon Facyson (Virginia Tech), and Michael Joseph (Dubuque). Hill is just a good all around corner who offers scheme flexibility, but he has character concerns. Facyson looks good in a press scheme, but he has injury concerns. Joseph is a small school playmaker who tested well enough.

**Holton Hill (Texas) Top of Rd. 4 and Pick NO. 101. .... Brandon Facyson (Virginia Tech) Bottom of Rd. 5 (Picks 172 or 174) or Top of Rd. 6 (Pick NO. 186) ... Michael Joseph (Dubuque) Round 6 Pick NO. 207.

S Terrell Edmunds (Virginia Tech) - You can't teach his measurables, so I'm surprised most have him as a midround pick. He tried to do too much going for the big play in college, but I think he can be a starter in the NFL with good coaching.

** Another BANG ON possibility for the Packers Pick at the TOP of Round 4 and Pick NO. 101.

Fritz
04-21-2018, 10:35 AM
That's the guy! Good call.

Not a good call by Ted, though. The guy had tools but had no head for the game at all, as I recall.

pbmax
04-21-2018, 02:58 PM
Not a good call by Ted, though. The guy had tools but had no head for the game at all, as I recall.

It was a miss, but man did that guy have some tools. Will always wonder if communication issues that had exited forever hurt him.

denverYooper
04-21-2018, 05:58 PM
It was a miss, but man did that guy have some tools. Will always wonder if communication issues that had exited forever hurt him.

IIRC we imagined a fast version of Atari Bigby.

pbmax
04-21-2018, 07:14 PM
IIRC we imagined a fast version of Atari Bigby.

He looked like a speedy fireplug.

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2018, 02:14 AM
I missed Martinas Rankin and Scott Quessenberry at OC. I think both are solid prospects who would fit between Ragnow and Cole. That top 5 OC group is pretty good.

smuggler
04-22-2018, 11:03 AM
You need help.

Holy shit Zool. :-)

For sleepers, Dane Cruikshank is a candidate at safety. He's 6'1", 200+, ran in the 4.4s and can jump like a champ.

v
You know the old saying: looked like a fireplug, played like a buttplug. v

Goddamn, Fritz. :-)

Fritz
04-22-2018, 11:14 AM
He looked like a speedy fireplug.

You know the old saying: looked like a fireplug, played like a buttplug.

woodbuck27
04-22-2018, 11:49 AM

Former Green Bay Packer Safety Jerron McMillian:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerron_McMillian

PACKERS

Packers' Jerron McMillian was wrong pick from beginning

BY: Bob McGinn ... On the Packers

Green Bay — From the moment that safety Jerron McMillian was announced as the second of the Green Bay Packers' two fourth-round choices in 2012, it didn't make sense.

In the end, it didn't add up, either. ... Two years of teaching and substantial playing time have been wasted on a player that should have been, at best, a sixth- or seventh-round draft choice. Instead of finding the heir apparent to Nick Collins

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-jerron-mcmillian-was-wrong-pick-from-beginning-b99157863z1-234923911.html/

woodbuck27
04-22-2018, 12:18 PM
I missed Martinas Rankin and Scott Quessenberry at OC. I think both are solid prospects who would fit between Ragnow and Cole. That top 5 OC group is pretty good.

CENTERS remaining on our Packerrat Mock Board and Ranked by NFL.COM Grades:

Martinas Rankin, MISSISSIPPI ST., 5.76 ... C ... Senior

Frank Ragnow, ARKANSAS, 5.75 ... C ... Senior

Mason Cole, MICHIGAN, 5.56 ...C ... Senior

Scott Quessenberry, UCLA, 5.52 ... r-Senior

Dejon Allen, HAWAII, 5.47 ... C ...Senior

bobblehead
04-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Off the top of your head, how many Villanova players currently in NFL? I can think of two, one on the Colts and the other, I think, plays for KC. Brian Westbrook is the only other Villanova grad I can think of who made it to the NFL. Finding two VU corners among the 2018 sleepers is like discovering that UW Lacrosse has become a wide receiver factory.

Only because they had shutdown corners to work against in practice...or was that stevens point...or wherever the hell tank says he played.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 01:01 AM
Terrell Edmunds Highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af8nHC2x_7M)

The draftniks were apparently way off on this one. He went 1st round to the Steelers. So much for him being a sleeper.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 08:02 AM
The draftniks were apparently way off on this one. He went 1st round to the Steelers. So much for him being a sleeper.

Woodblock's guy had three sleepers in the first round.

Both sources should have their drafnik credentials lowered one level as a result

pbmax
04-27-2018, 08:07 AM

Both sources should have their drafnik credentials lowered one level as a result

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 08:23 AM

One interesting point is how this move mirrors the Packers strategy (or vice versa depending on your perspective). Both the Steelers and the Packers shore up a position with semi/elderly players (Burnett for Steelers, House and Williams for Packers) and then go get the next guy to take over because the guys you signed are temporary. It's not revolutionary or anything, but interesting to compare successful franchises....

hoosier
04-27-2018, 09:11 AM

Maybe it's just a sign that everyone is reading them and taking them seriously. :-)

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 10:02 PM
I feel good when the sleepers I like end up getting drafted higher than the draftniks predict.

So far,

WR Tre'Quan Smith, UCF - went a little higher than projected.
TE Jordan Akins, UCF - projected 5th round-7th round. Taken in round 3.
OT Brandon Parker, NC A&T - projected 4th round-6th round. Taken with the first pick in round 3.
OC Mason Cole, Michigan - projected 4th round-5th round. Taken in round 3.
DT Justin Jones, NC State - projected 4th round-6th round. Taken in round 3.
S Terrell Edmunds, Virginia Tech - projected 3rd round-4th round. Taken in round 1.

I may be having my best year. :) Hopefully, I'm wrong about Oren Burks.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 10:11 PM
^^^^ sign him up!

woodbuck27
04-28-2018, 01:55 PM

The Canuck went in Round Three:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nathan-shepherd?id=32462018-0002-5598-92f8-36ce2fecd601

https://imagecomposer.nfl.com/?l=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/static/img/combine/2018/headshots/1400x1000/2559892.png&f=png&w=308&c=71

NATHAN SHEPHERD - FORT HAYS ST. - GRADE - Prospect Grade = 5.70

NEW YORK JETS - Round 3 ‧and Pick 8 and Pick NO. 72 Overall.

Pick Analysis

Round 3 • Pick 8 (72)

One of my favorite players of this draft. Built like the Canadian Rockies. This guy got double-teamed almost every snap. He's a raw piece of clay and he's got this NFL-ready body and explosion, some inside-out versatility and I love his upside. --Mike Mayock

Overview

Shepherd is raw, but he could be well worth a team's time as a day two selection thanks to his NFL-caliber traits and his flashes as a pass rusher. Shepherd lined up inside in college, but may be better suited as a 4i or five-technique in a 3-4 front. While he won't be ready early on, he has the ability to become a productive NFL starter and his practices at the Senior Bowl showed that he could handle the step up in competition.

woodbuck27
04-28-2018, 02:36 PM

Drafted:

A.) Marcus Allen -PENN ST. - Rnd 5, Pick 11 S Pittsburgh Steelers -Senior - 5.60

B.) Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - OKLAHOMA - Rnd 5, Pick 23 - EDGE - Los Angeles Rams - Senior - 5.53

C.) B.J. Hill N.C. STATE -Rnd 3, Pick 5 DT - New York Giants - Senior - 5.62

D.) Harrison Phillips - STANFORD - Rnd 3, Pick 32 - DT Buffalo Bills - Senior - 5.83

E.) Sam Hubbard- OHIO ST.- Rnd 3, Pick 13 - DE - Cincinnati Bengals - Junior - 5.82

F.) Malik Jefferson - TEXAS - Rnd 3, Pick 14 OLB Cincinnati Bengals - Junior 5.57

G.) Nathan Shepherd - FORT HAYS ST. - Rnd 3, Pick 8 DT New York Jets - Senior - 5.70

Note woodbuck27:

I didn't consider these 3 Guys below as Sleepers:

H.) Rashaad Penny - SAN DIEGO ST. - Rnd 1, Pick 27 - RB - Seattle Seahawks - Senior - 5.85

Vita Vea went in Rd. 1 and Pick NO. 12 Overall and Will Hernandez went Rd. 2 Pick NO. 2 or Pick 34 Overall.