PDA

View Full Version : Vikes cut Pinkston; Bucs cut Boston

Fosco33
09-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Two injury prone, veteran WRs available to pickup... do you take a chance?

Boston is attempting a comeback after missing most of the past two seasons with the Miami Dolphins because of knee injuries. The one-time Pro Bowler signed with the Bucs in May, impressed coach Jon Gruden during offseason workouts and training camp and was one of seven receivers who survived final cuts a week ago.

Pinkston, who had been released by Philadelphia on Aug. 30th, started 62 games as an Eagle from 2000 through 2004 but missed all of 2005 with a torn Achilles suffered in training camp. Pinkston was slow to return to the practice field during '06 due to the injury, prompting his release. The 2000 second-round draft pick out of Southern Mississippi has 184 catches for 2,816 yards and 14 touchdowns in his career. His best season came in 2002, when he caught 60 balls for 798 yards and seven touchdowns.

BallHawk
09-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Damaged goods. If I had to choose one I'd choose Boston, because he has shown a flash of talent.

jack's smirking revenge
09-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Interesting. I guess I'd take a chance on either, as long as the price was right, though I didn't get a good read from the blurb on why they were released. That may tell more of the story.

tyler

Fosco33
09-09-2006, 07:13 PM
JSR...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2580757

Apparently, Pinkston had 'a little hitch in his gait'.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2580899

Boston was cut to make room for another offensive lineman.

jack's smirking revenge
09-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks Fosco. I think we should make a play for Boston, unless we're thinking K-Rob will be with us for the season. Guess we'll know more come Tuesday. Some interesting possibilities for the Packers though.

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if both guys were cut and then signed next week to avoid their teams from guaranteeing their contract this year--like the Vikings did with Koren Robinson last year. Personally, I wouldn't want either. If I had the chose, I'd take Boston.

MadtownPacker
09-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Boston for sure. If Pinkston damaged or not he has never done what Boston has but that was on roids so who knows.

ahaha
09-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Both of these guys got cut from play-off caliber teams with less than stellar WR's. You know what that means.....Washed Up.

superfan
09-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Boston intrigues me more than Pinkston. Pinkston reminds me of Terry Glenn with less talent -- "she" is likely to be questionable/doubtful every week.

Boston was outstanding until he got enormous. Is he still huge?

Bretsky
09-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Guys, TT is not going to bring in proven players; he's looking for youth/projects who he thinks has upside.

mngolf19
09-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Harv is right. They got cut so their teams wouldn't have to guarantee their contracts. But, I think both will get offers from other teams on Tues. Boston for sure.

mmmdk
09-10-2006, 12:59 AM
Both of these guys got cut from play-off caliber teams with less than stellar WR's. You know what that means.....Washed Up.

I don't agree; in Tampa they have Galloway & M.Clayton and they're not washed up - by far. Add solid vet Ike Hilliard after that the Tampa receivers get muddy; with Paris Warren, Mark Jones & Maurice Stovall. I like Stovall.

That brings me back to Boston. I read up on the Tampa news prior to 53-man roster cuts to watch for WRs that could (possibly) be added. Boston got really good reviews from camp - even from Chucky. Boston's still young and I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's potentially (there's that would again) way better than Gardner & Koren is a risk. Boston will be picked up by a NFL team.