PDA

View Full Version : Who WILL Gutey Draft In The 1st Round?

Joemailman
04-24-2018, 07:26 PM
Not a preference poll. It's prediction time.

Poll to follow.

Joemailman
04-24-2018, 07:35 PM
I think Gutey sees more upside in Davenport than Landry. Davenport will be the pick.

pbmax
04-24-2018, 07:36 PM
I think he doesn't like the defensive picks where they are at so takes offensive upside.

Bretsky
04-24-2018, 07:46 PM
I would bet Davenport; but I love's Joe's idea of picking up and extra pick and drafting Landry at about 19.

I THINK ONE OF MY FAV FIVE WILL BE THERE (Fitzpatrick most likely) and I'll be cheering with joy and Gootie will take somebody else

Cheesehead Craig
04-25-2018, 04:30 PM
Minkah. They won't trade their pick and he'll be around.

wist43
04-25-2018, 04:40 PM
I went with Josh Jackson. Either at 14 or a trade down.

My wish list would be Ward, Edmunds, Fits, James, or Landry in a trade down. Think the 1st 4 of those guys will be gone.

Smidgeon
04-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Now there are reports the Packers are preparing to move up in the draft.

If they do, who are they targeting?

mraynrand
04-25-2018, 05:01 PM

Ward most likely and Chubb if he falls a few spots, but he won't. They could get up to about #8 with their 3rd and top 4th, or up to #5-6 with their 2nd and 3rd. I don't see them giving up their 2nd to move up, so I'm guessing Ward, but they may have to trade ahead of Chicago (Tampa) to get him.

Chubb would be costly, but they might be able to trade with Indy if Denver picks a QB at 5 and Cleveland takes Barkley or someone else at 4.

wist43
04-25-2018, 05:12 PM
If they trade up I expect it would be for Ward, James, or Edmunds... I'd be thrilled with any of those guys.

Joemailman
04-25-2018, 05:29 PM

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/25/report-packers-would-consider-trading-up-for-denzel-ward-or-derwin-james/

According to Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst, the Packers “would consider” trading up for either Ohio State cornerback Denzel Ward or Florida State safety Derwin James on Thursday night.

Pauline has previously reported that the Packers “covet” Ward, who is considered the best cornerback in the draft. He also reported the Packers like James over Alabama defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick, and he gave James to the Packers at No. 14 overall in his most recent mock draft.

Green Bay’s interest in both players appears genuine. Not only would each player fill a massive need in the secondary, but the Packers met with Ward and James at the combine and had James in Green Bay for a pre-draft visit.

Neither is certain to last to 14. Ward is off the board in the top 10 picks in most mock drafts, and James has a number of potential fits before 14, including the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at No. 7.

Bretsky
04-25-2018, 05:38 PM
CHAD REUTER INTEFVIEW;;;;;GB chatting with Indy....BUT...it would take our 14th, most likely this years 3rd and next year's 2nd or 3rd

Thought GB would be moving for James or Ward if they went to 6 (figures Chubb is gone)

OR

GB also chatting with San Fran, which to him makes more sense. Reuter speculated a 3rd might get that done. And there they still might get James or Edmunds...

pbmax
04-25-2018, 05:54 PM
CHAD REUTER INTEFVIEW;;;;;GB chatting with Indy....BUT...it would take our 14th, most likely this years 3rd and next year's 2nd or 3rd

Thought GB would be moving for James or Ward if they went to 6 (figures Chubb is gone)

OR

GB also chatting with San Fran, which to him makes more sense. Reuter speculated a 3rd might get that done. And there they still might get James or Edmunds...

Would HATE to trade up to 6. Why chase picks the QB needy picks want? Its going to inflate the price.

Would be less angry about swapping with San Fran.

pbmax
04-25-2018, 05:55 PM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/25/report-packers-would-consider-trading-up-for-denzel-ward-or-derwin-james/

I have read that some teams are not excited about James workout numbers. His shuttle I believe, would be among the slowest the Packers would have ever drafted for safety in the first four rounds.

Bretsky
04-25-2018, 06:13 PM
Would HATE to trade up to 6. Why chase picks the QB needy picks want? Its going to inflate the price.

Would be less angry about swapping with San Fran.

AGREE

GO TO SF and get Ward or Edmunds or Smith

Then I'm on board

But only way I'm giving up multiple picks to #6 is to get Bradley Chubb.........NOT...........James

QBME
04-25-2018, 07:08 PM

Saw the same thing. Doesn't make sense. This is, with the exception of D Line/ Edge Rushers, a defensive rich draft class. Is there really a player that shines above everyone else to trade up?

Tomorrow will be interesting.

red
04-25-2018, 07:34 PM
lets hope this GM does what it seems the last one refused to do,and consult the coaches to see who they actually want, and who would actually work in their systems, instead of TT just drafting whoever the hell he wants

SkinBasket
04-25-2018, 09:06 PM
I hope we trade all our picks to trade up to pick that RB, then our GM can give several interviews in a Hawaiian shirt smoking a cigar.

pbmax
04-25-2018, 09:16 PM
Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
I can confirm @RapSheet's report. The Packers could trade up tomorrow night. I am also hearing a trade down is a distinct possibility. Finally, several sources indicate they could very well make a selection at 14.
Stay tuned.

I would make more fun of Rap Sheet except that guy seems to have a source for the Packers more often than not. He isn't 100% but he has been right before. Remember more athletic D lineman a few years ago? He was dead right.

Zool
04-25-2018, 09:24 PM
Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
I can confirm @RapSheet's report. The Packers could trade up tomorrow night. I am also hearing a trade down is a distinct possibility. Finally, several sources indicate they could very well make a selection at 14.
Stay tuned.

I would make more fun of Rap Sheet except that guy seems to have a source for the Packers more often than not. He isn't 100% but he has been right before. Remember more athletic D lineman a few years ago? He was dead right.

Huh, I should be an NFL “writer”.

All 32 teams could be looking to trade up from some of their draft spots. I’m hearing they might also want to trade down. Some will do neither.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2018, 09:28 PM
I hope we trade all our picks to trade up to pick that RB, then our GM can give several interviews in a Hawaiian shirt smoking a cigar.

Look who decided to show up.

mraynrand
04-25-2018, 09:29 PM

Gil Brandt

Verified account

Hand out the cigars to everyone!

@Gil_Brandt
23h23 hours ago
More
Jada Clare Barkley. Enjoy fatherhood, @saquon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbmQbvmVwAAc82D.jpg

mraynrand
04-25-2018, 09:31 PM
Would HATE to trade up to 6.

I agree - have to give up too much to get there. #8 at most I think if you want Ward.