PDA

View Full Version : Packers Cut Hawkins

Lynx4Ben
09-09-2006, 07:31 PM
9/8 Packers cut Hawkins...

I wonder who we will pick up...

Fosco33
09-09-2006, 07:38 PM
My guess is Koren or Boston after the Bear's game....

Partial
09-09-2006, 07:42 PM

Nah, I really just think he brought in Koren to wish he well and hope he can solve his problems. Boston could be interfesting 'cause he is big enough, but he has sucked since going off the 'roids. Who knows.

falco
09-09-2006, 08:00 PM
We can't pick anybody up. Hawkins was on IR. He didn't count against the 53.

Fosco33
09-09-2006, 08:04 PM

Good call - I always forget about IR.

But, we could cut Tory Humphrey (one of 4 TEs) to get a vet WR, though.

woodbuck27
09-09-2006, 08:05 PM

Nah, I really just think he brought in Koren to wish he well and hope he can solve his problems. Boston could be interfesting 'cause he is big enough, but he has sucked since going off the 'roids. Who knows.

Suppose maybe Ted just brought K.Robinson in as he's lonely?Wanted to give him a pep talk?

Nope Partial.

TT is very interested. It's like a third chance for both he and Ted. Sincerely now, I sense it's cooking. Of course, I have that Irish handicap.

It's called "the feeling". :mrgreen:

Packers over da Bears 20 - 14.

falco
09-09-2006, 08:07 PM

I agree, I think Humphrey can sit on the practice squad...

I wouldn't be shocked to see KR signed after the game...

Partial
09-09-2006, 08:09 PM

I bet the keep humprey and cut leach. Humprey is good enough of a blocker and is an infinitely better receiver.

red
09-09-2006, 08:12 PM
i kind of like the idea rastak pitched the other day about k-rob. TT might just be planting a seed by showing support. when k-rob gets out of jail and done with his suspension, and gets his life back together, we may be the front runner to get him

i'm a little shocked by hawkins being cut. is it just me, or do we now only have 3 cb's for the bears game? harris, woodson and grabby McGee. blackmon is hurt, unless they feel he can go and play good minutes even though is missed most of training camp and preseason. and then theres bush, who we just signed like a few minutes ago

TT is playing with fire. 4 wr's, 3 cb's

falco
09-09-2006, 08:15 PM
i kind of like the idea rastak pitched the other day about k-rob. TT might just be planting a seed by showing support. when k-rob gets out of jail and done with his suspension, and gets his life back together, we may be the front runner to get him

i'm a little shocked by hawkins being cut. is it just me, or do we now only have 3 cb's for the bears game? harris, woodson and grabby McGee. blackmon is hurt, unless they feel he can go and play good minutes even though is missed most of training camp and preseason. and then theres bush, who we just signed like a few minutes ago

TT is playing with fire. 4 wr's, 3 cb's

Red, Bush is the #4 CB. Also, Peprah is the #4 safety, and Culver is the #3.

JSO had a good article about our lack of depth in the secondary, and how scary it will be if we have an injury there.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=490798

The cut of Hawkins doesn't affect us at all though, as he was already on IR for the season.