Ronnie Harrison - S - Alabama
Harrison Phillips - DT - Stanford
Mike Gesicki - TE - Penn St.
Nick Chubb - RB - Georgia
Arden Key - DE - LSU
Tyrell Crosby - OT - Oregon

smuggler
04-27-2018, 12:13 AM
Anyone know the the reason why Landry hasn't been drafted yet?

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 12:15 AM
Unfortunately, I had a last minute work trip to take this week and never got around to posting my rankings. My general thoughts before round two.

QB I'm not sure they'll take one, but Logan Woodside is my late round sleeper guy and fits what the Packers like in a QB.
RB Josh Adams and Jaylen Samuels are a couple of mid round guys that I like.
WR My final rankings: 1) D.J. Moore, 2) Calvin Ridley, 3) Courtland Sutton, 4) Michael Gallup. Tre'Quan Smith and DaeSean Hamilton fit what the Packers like. Justin Watson and Cedrick Wilson are a couple of sleepers that I like.
TE My final rankings: 1) Dallas Goedert, 2) Hayden Hurst, 3) Mike Gesicki, 4) Mark Andrews, 5) Ian Thomas, 6) Chris Herndon, 7) Troy Fumagalli, 8) Tyler Conklin. Jordan Akins is a sleeper that I like.
OT If Connor Williams drops, he's an intriguing possibility because he has versatility. Brian O'Neill is a bit like Jason Spriggs to me. I don't know if that now makes him more or less a possibility for the Packers. The Packers like athletic OL, so some possibilities are Geron Christian, Joseph Noteboom, Greg Senat, and Brett Toth (late round flier on a guy who might not play for a couple of years because of his Army committments).
OG I really liked: 1) Quenton Nelson, 2) Isaiah Wynn, 3) Will Hernandez, 4) Austin Corbett, 5) Branden Smith. After that, it's kind of a crapshoot.
OC Good crop. Billy Price was my #1 before his injury, but had dropped below James Daniels on my board. I also liked Frank Ragnow and to a lesser extent Martinas Rankin, Scott Quessenberry, and Mason Cole.
DT I like the North Carolina State DTs. Other than that, not a lot of guys stood out. Da'Ron Payne had jumped Vita Vea on my board. The more I watched Payne, the more I loved.
3-4 DE Nathan Shepherd is probably the best 3-4 DE possibility available now. Bilal Nichols is a sleeper.
3-4 OLB I could see the Packers taking Harold Landry, Lorenzo Carter, or Kemeko Turay in round 2. Not a big fan of Arden Key. Josh Sweat has made it known he wants to play 4-3 DE and he has the medical issues. Some people disagree, but I like the potential of Uchenna Nwosu. Dorance Armstrong and Kyle Fitts are intriguing midround possibilities.
WLB I'm big on Darius Leonard. Oren Burks is athletic, but the guy can't tackle. Because of my work committments, I never got to the likes of Josey Jewell and Jerome Baker this week.
SLB In the end I was on the Leighton Vander Esch bandwagon. Some have compared him to Shea McClellin, but he's a much better athlete (more like Brian Urlacher than McClellin). There's a big dropoff at SLB after Vander Esch. Genard Avery is the one that stood out the most to me.
CB My final rankings: 1) Denzel Ward, 2) Jaire Alexander, 3) Isaiah Oliver, 4) Josh Jackson, 5) Mike Hughes. Early in the process I felt like Gutey might stick with Thompson's height requirement at CB, but I had a feeling late that it wouldn't be the case, and I'm actually glad to see it. Guys I like respective to their rankings are Duke Dawson, Carlton Davis, Nick Nelson, Holton Hill, Brandon Facyson, Michael Joseph.
S Earlier in the week, I had posted that I liked Terrell Edmunds as a sleeper at S because he was projected to go in rounds 3-4. He went in the first round. I like Justin Reid and Jessie Bates. I think Ronnie Harrison is a bit overrated. Safety is another position I didn't finish evaluating because of work committments.

If I had to rank my best available for the Packers now:

OLB Harold Landry, Boston College
OLB Lorenzo Carter, Georgia
OT/OG Connor Williams, Texas
OG Will Hernandez, UTEP
TE Dallas Goedert, South Dakota State
OG Austin Corbett, Nevada
WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
OLB Kemoko Turay, Rutgers
OG Braden Smith, Auburn
WR Michael Gallup, Colorado State
CB Josh Jackson, Iowa
TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State
RB Derrius Guice, LSU
OLB Uchenna Nwosu, USC
S Justin Reid, Stanford
S Jessie Bates, Wake Forest
RB Nick Chubb, Georgia
ILB Darius Leonard, South Carolina State

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 07:26 AM

I’ve seen a few people say his pass rush is limited. He’s a shoulder dip upfield guy and not much else. I’ve only seen a few highlights so dunno if that’s true.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2018, 07:53 AM
I am not a big fan of Landry and didn't think he was a first round pick. Apparently NFL GMs felt similar. He might be a value pick in the second round for a team.

Packers still have picks to move up in the second round and there are quite a few guys that would be worth it.

This is a list of talent I think is worth moving up for. Sure there are two corners on this list but the Packers secondary could use another top end corner from this draft so they don't have to rely on Williams and House.
Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia
Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado
Connor Williams OT Texas
Courtland Sutton WR SMU
Josh Jackson CB Iowa
James Daniels OCOG Iowa

Talent that they can sit and wait for or, or trade back
Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
Carlton Davis Auburn
Justin Reid S Stanford
DJ Chark WR LSU
Harrison Phillips DT Stanford
Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M
Sam Hubbard Edge Ohio St
Anthony Miller WR Memphis
Austin Corbett OG Nevada
James Washington WR Oklahoma St
Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
Tyrell Crosby OL Oregon

3rd Round selections
Duke Dawson CB Florida
Martinas Rankin OCOG Mississippi St
Derrick Nnadi DT FSU
DaShawn Hand DT Alabama
Michael Gallup WR Colorado St
Equanimous St. Brown WR Notre Dame
Anthony Averrett CB Alabama
Jamarco Jones OT Ohio St.
Nathan Shepard DT Fort Hayes St.
Holton Hill CB Texas
Chuks Okafor OL Western Michigan

Teamcheez1
04-27-2018, 09:01 AM
I’ve seen a few people say his pass rush is limited. He’s a shoulder dip upfield guy and not much else. I’ve only seen a few highlights so dunno if that’s true.

We don't need the second coming of Jamal Reynolds.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 09:10 AM
I missed Oliver on my list. He's ahead of Jackson on my CB board.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2018, 09:17 AM
I missed Will Hernandez. He is worth trading up for.

bobblehead
04-27-2018, 10:37 AM
If there is one guy I would like to target its Conor Williams. He is a beast with a mostly NFL toolbox at OT. If I had faith in Bulaga I wouldn't say T is a need, but....

Maxie the Taxi
04-27-2018, 10:39 AM
I'm still hoping they draft a WR who lives downfield and a D-Lineman who lives in the opponent's backfield. Courtland Sutton? Nathan Shepherd? Anthony Miller? Rasheem Green? Bueller? Anyone?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2018, 10:54 AM
I missed Will Hernandez. He is worth trading up for.

I don't give a fuck if Orlando Pace is in his prime and sitting there, no fat guy is worth trading up for.

A team could sign Peter Griffin off the streets of Baltimore, and he would make a decent LT with some decent coaching. Defensively, the fat guys on that side only do one that well, and that's eat blocks. Any fat guy can eat blocks.

For the love of Green and Gold, Gute better not draft a fat guy til the 5th round.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 11:00 AM
I don't give a fuck if Orlando Pace is in his prime and sitting there, no fat guy is worth trading up for.

A team could sign Peter Griffin off the streets of Baltimore, and he would make a decent LT with some decent coaching. Defensively, the fat guys on that side only do one that well, and that's eat blocks. Any fat guy can eat blocks.

For the love of Green and Gold, Gute better not draft a fat guy til the 5th round.

This is one of your worst takes ever.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 11:02 AM
If there is one guy I would like to target its Conor Williams. He is a beast with a mostly NFL toolbox at OT. If I had faith in Bulaga I wouldn't say T is a need, but....

Packers might have to roll the dice at RT. They have money invested in Bulaga and two other picks. But if they do draft a RT in the second, that tells you everything.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Yes it tells me they can cut Bulaga's injured ass and either start the rookie or hope one of the IR guys can handle the position

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2018, 11:21 AM
I would be happy with 2 of these 5. I would love to see Goot Goot make it happen.

Lorenzo Carter - OLB - Georgia
Connor Williams - OT - Texas
Harold Landry - OLB - Boston College
Isaiah Oliver - CB - Colorado
Mike Gesicki - TE - Penn St.

run pMc
04-27-2018, 11:22 AM

There was a rumor of a medical flag. Might be smokescreen or trashing by some team.

run pMc
04-27-2018, 11:27 AM

If Orlando Pace is in his prime and sitting there, I'd trade up for him. Basically you'd plug and play him for 8 years without a care. Pace >>>> Spriggs/Murphy. Having your OT's lock down the outside rush would make Rodgers more dangerous.
Drafting fat guy DLs with no pass rush high, however...that I could see complaining about. Nowadays you want to avoid drafting 2 down players or one-trick ponies high (unless they do that trick exceptionally well, like rush the passer).

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2018, 11:29 AM
This is one of your worst takes ever.

What's the popular saying about history? Those who ignore history tends to repeat historical mistakes, or the such.

Ever since Wolf created "The Establishment" in '92, the Packers have been prone to drafting abominable fat guys with premium picks. Off the top of my head, here are some of the fat abominations or quasi-abominations the Packers drafted with high picks: Michels, Verba, Sherrod, Bulaga (injure-prone), Raji (one fluke season), Harrell, Datone Jones, Worthy, Spriggs.

Clifton is the only fat guy I can name who didn't suck.

VegasPackFan
04-27-2018, 11:29 AM
Landry missed games last year due to a bad ankle and looks like teams are passing on him. I'd take a shot if you can get a guy that was considered a top 25 pick by many in the 2nd round.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2018, 11:39 AM
I agree that you don't need to reach on offensive linemen but the great ones go early. Packers are not in a situation where they can wait and develop a project at right tackle or right guard because they don't exactly have guys ready to go at those positions.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2018, 11:40 AM
If Orlando Pace is in his prime and sitting there, I'd trade up for him. Basically you'd plug and play him for 8 years without a care. Pace >>>> Spriggs/Murphy. Having your OT's lock down the outside rush would make Rodgers more dangerous.
Drafting fat guy DLs with no pass rush high, however...that I could see complaining about. Nowadays you want to avoid drafting 2 down players or one-trick ponies high (unless they do that trick exceptionally well, like rush the passer).

Agreed regarding one-trick ponies.

Taush was a 6th rounder, Bak a 4th, Linsley 5th, Taylor undrafted, Daniels a 4th. Point is, add the Packers' failures in drafting fat guys with premium picks, and history says that the Packers oughta stop wasting high picks on fat guys.

RashanGary
04-27-2018, 11:41 AM
Landrys one trick is a good enough trick for the second round.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 11:45 AM
What's the popular saying about history? Those who ignore history tends to repeat historical mistakes, or the such.

Ever since Wolf created "The Establishment" in '92, the Packers have been prone to drafting abominable fat guys with premium picks. Off the top of my head, here are some of the fat abominations or quasi-abominations the Packers drafted with high picks: Michels, Verba, Sherrod, Bulaga (injure-prone), Raji (one fluke season), Harrell, Datone Jones, Worthy, Spriggs.

Clifton is the only fat guy I can name who didn't suck.

So what? This is a completely different point than your previous point. Are you stoned?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2018, 11:50 AM
So what? This is a completely different point than your previous point. Are you stoned?

Read the posts again. Both posts made it clear that drafting fat guys with premium picks is unnecessary and wasteful.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2018, 11:51 AM

Something about him I just don't like. I would much rather have Lorenzo Carter. Landry would have to be taught to rush from a two point stance

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 11:58 AM
Read the posts again. Both posts made it clear that drafting fat guys with premium picks is unnecessary and wasteful.

The first post is saying monumentally stupid stuff about the value of tackles, their skill level, etc. and the second is that the Packers have a poor track record drafting linemen in the first round.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 12:09 PM
Something about him I just don't like. I would much rather have Lorenzo Carter. Landry would have to be taught to rush from a two point stance

The thing about Carter that is intriguing to me is that he's shaped and has measurables similar to Leonard Floyd. Those guys are usually one trick, speed rushers in college. They have to prove they can do the dirty work (run fits, coverage, etc.) in the pros. Carter has already proved he can do those things at Georgia. He played as elephant in Georgia's 3-4. They asked him to cover. He showed an ability to shed blockers despite his frame. He has all the tools to become a productive rusher. Floyd also played in a 3-4 at Georgia, but that was before Kirby Smart took over. Carter's role wasn't the same as Leonard Floyd there.

Leonard Floyd = 6'6" 248, 4.60 40, 39 1/2" vertical, 127" broad jump
Lorenzo Carter = 6'5" 250, 4.50 40, 36" vertical, 130" broad jump

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2018, 12:13 PM
I expect to see the Packers picking twice in Round 2 today. I would bet my shirt on it. Would not surprise me in the last if the Saints pick gets dealt again today.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 12:17 PM
The San Francisco 49ers have traded offensive tackle Trent Brown and the No. 143 overall pick to the New England Patriots in exchange for the No. 95 overall pick, according to league sources.

Smidgeon
04-27-2018, 12:17 PM
I expect to see the Packers picking twice in Round 2 today. I would bet my shirt on it. Would not surprise me in the last if the Saints pick gets dealt again today.

I doubt the Saints pick gets dealt. Gutey gushed about getting a second 1 for next year.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2018, 12:25 PM
The first post is saying monumentally stupid stuff about the value of tackles, their skill level, etc. and the second is that the Packers have a poor track record drafting linemen in the first round.

Whatever. I'm too depressed to argue with you today.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2018, 12:26 PM
The San Francisco 49ers have traded offensive tackle Trent Brown and the No. 143 overall pick to the New England Patriots in exchange for the No. 95 overall pick, according to league sources.

Belichickism.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 12:27 PM
I doubt the Saints pick gets dealt. Gutey gushed about getting a second 1 for next year.

I'd hate it if they dealt that pick (unless for some great deal of course). There's a chance that it could be very valuable.

red
04-27-2018, 12:31 PM
I'd hate it if they dealt that pick (unless for some great deal of course). There's a chance that it could be very valuable.

Or there’s a chance it could be pick 30, 31 or 32

I was wondering if it wouldn’t be a bad idea to trade that pick to get to the top of the second and get Landry if they actually want him

The Shadow
04-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Regarding the extra Round 1 pick for next year : Wolf had Favre, Thompson had Rodgers. Is Gute setting up 2019 draft capital to go after Rodger's eventual replacement? Just wondering....

pbmax
04-27-2018, 12:38 PM
Belichickism.

I am beginning to think of Belichickism as taking low value players in the first round (RB, Guard) from friend's teams you just recently visited.

Chris B. Brown @smartfootball
Kinda interesting that the Patriots selected two players out of Georgia in the first round a month after Belichick spent time with Kirby Smart and Georgia's staff and spoke at the UGA coaching clinic

http://georgiadogs.com/news/2018/2/15/football-belichick-quinn-mcvay-highlight-uga-coaches-clinic-mar-29-31.aspx

http://georgiadogs.com/images/2018/2/16/CoachesClinic18_SpeakersPOST_2000.jpg?width=1440&height=810&mode=crop

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 12:39 PM
Regarding the extra Round 1 pick for next year : Wolf had Favre, Thompson had Rodgers. Is Gute setting up 2019 draft capital to go after Rodger's eventual replacement? Just wondering....

maybe, but that pick came to him. He didn't go shopping.

2019 or 2020 draft will have to address the successor - unless the guy is already there (Kizer).

beveaux1
04-27-2018, 12:40 PM

I was wondering if it wouldn’t be a bad idea to trade that pick to get to the top of the second and get Landry if they actually want him

Not sure they actually want him. My guess would be a WR in the 2nd, trade a 4th and another pick to move back into the 3rd and select an OL. The 2nd and 3rd pick could be reversed. By the way, love your take on our safety situation. We had no thought about taking Derwin James. They're all in on Jones.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 12:45 PM

Well I've been told the value is lower this year because it's a promissory note, so why not get the full value next year. I suppose if someone wanted to trade a top 2nd round pick for the Saints draft pick straight up it would be reasonable, but I'm betting no one will make the deal. Any GM on thin ice doesn't want to make a trade to give away something this year for a pick next year. Except Sashi Brown, and see what happened to him.

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2018, 12:49 PM

The dot connector in me believes it is a quality piece of ammo to trade-up for a quarterback if they fall in love with one.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 01:30 PM
Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks
Was told Steelers wanted to address safety and RB...got the safety in Rd1. Interested to see when they draft the RB.

Patler
04-27-2018, 01:35 PM

Absolutely, and it doesn't have to be in 2019. He will likely be able to trade one of the 2019 1st round picks for a 2020 1st round pick, then having two in 2020 instead of 2019. He could string that out until the stars align to package the two firsts one year, plus more if need be, to get a shot at the next great GB QB.

This was a very savvy first day for a neophyte GM. He engineered an opportunity to secure the long term success of the franchise by creating a future opportunity at a legitimate QB prospect; and still addressed a critical need with a top level prospect at a position of great need; and all it cost in practical terms was a third round pick. The round 5-7 picks are not unimportant, but success there is more from quality scouting and good luck than it is from draft position.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Absolutely, and it doesn't have to be in 2019. He will likely be able to trade one of the 2019 1st round picks for a 2020 1st round pick, then having two in 2020 instead of 2019. He could string that out until the stars align to package the two firsts one year, plus more if need be, to get a shot at the next great GB QB.

This was a very savvy first day for a neophyte GM. He engineered an opportunity to secure the long term success of the franchise by creating a future opportunity at a legitimate QB prospect; and still addressed a critical need with a top level prospect at a position of great need; and all it cost in practical terms was a third round pick. The round 5-7 picks are not unimportant, but success there is more from quality scouting and good luck than it is from draft position.

More likely, the Packers trade up for the next hotshot OLB in '19. The Claymaker could be donning the orange and brown for the Browns at this time next season.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 01:59 PM
Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks
Was told Steelers wanted to address safety and RB...got the safety in Rd1. Interested to see when they draft the RB.

Mayock thot they wanted the Georgia Walkman, but maybe they will go for the other Chubb.

Patler
04-27-2018, 02:21 PM
More likely, the Packers trade up for the next hotshot OLB in '19. The Claymaker could be donning the orange and brown for the Browns at this time next season.

That would be Sherman-like, and something I certainly hope not to see from Gutekunst.

A good GM always has to have one eye on the future and one on the present. A GM of a playoff team with a great, but older QB rarely gets the chance to draft a top flight QB prospect. You have to endure a a terrible season like the Colts with Manning/Luck, or things have to fall in place unexpectedly like the Packers with Favre/Rodgers. Gutekunst now has a chance to create his QB opportunity. That is not something to be frittered away on a second round draft pick.

red
04-27-2018, 02:35 PM
There 3 wrs that I wouldn’t mind in the 2nd. If they aren’t there, give me shaqeem griffin

pbmax
04-27-2018, 03:41 PM
Packer Targets:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/justis-2018-green-bay-packers-draft-board-and-athleticism-thresholds-638

Already a bit interesting with Gutey, because as we noted earlier, J Alexander is technically below the physical requirements for the position. But he drafted him anyway.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/sites/default/files/post/2018/04/2018draftboard-justis.png

red
04-27-2018, 03:57 PM
Packer Targets:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/justis-2018-green-bay-packers-draft-board-and-athleticism-thresholds-638

Already a bit interesting with Gutey, because as we noted earlier, J Alexander is technically below the physical requirements for the position. But he drafted him anyway.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/sites/default/files/post/2018/04/2018draftboard-justis.png

its interesting that the chart doesn't even have dante pettis on there

some think he is the best WR in the draft

gbgary
04-27-2018, 04:03 PM

yup...and maybe he can be coached up and taught another move.

smuggler
04-27-2018, 04:43 PM

Hmm... maybe the 5th that they got from the NO/SEA moves.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Gutey will trade 4 round pick (101 from Cleveland), 5th round pick (138), and 6th round pick (174), for Carolina's second 3rd round pick (88).

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:09 PM
its interesting that the chart doesn't even have dante pettis on there

some think he is the best WR in the draft

Yeah not knowing who doesn't qualify is maddening. Nor do we know the difference between yellow (mostly meets standards) to gray (too many unknowns).

red
04-27-2018, 06:19 PM
time to put good ole jim brown out to pasture

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Browns take Nevada OL Austin Corbet

Giants take G Will Hernandez from UTEP.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 06:20 PM
Browns take Nevada OL Austin Corbet

Giants take G Will Hernandez from UTEP.

Two of my favs.

WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
OG Braden Smith, Auburn
CB Josh Jackson, Iowa
RB Derrius Guice, LSU
OLB Uchenna Nwosu, USC
S Justin Reid, Stanford
RB Nick Chubb, Georgia

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:23 PM
Someone (Bretsky) put together a list of players the Packers should take so we can wont down as they disappear.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Browns Georgia RB Nick Chubb

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:26 PM
Colts take Darius Leonard OLB

and

Braden Smith, G Auburn

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Giants take Barkley and Hernandez. Think they're gonna run the ball.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Someone (Bretsky) put together a list of players the Packers should take so we can wont down as they disappear.

Well, I'm doing mine. So far, 5 picks and all are guys I had on the shortlist for the Packers.

OG Will Hernandez, UTEP
OG Austin Corbett, Nevada
WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
OG Braden Smith, Auburn
CB Josh Jackson, Iowa
RB Derrius Guice, LSU
OLB Uchenna Nwosu, USC
S Justin Reid, Stanford
RB Nick Chubb, Georgia

pbmax
Austin Corbet, OL, Browns

STRENGTHS
Compact, well-distributed frame with broad shoulders, a stout core and thick limbs. Shows good quickness off the ball, initiating the contact with defenders in the running game and showing good upper body strength, including an explosive punch. Powerful. Roll his hips on contact, creating the torque that can defenders off-balance and lead to pancake blocks. Efficient athlete with light enough feet and balance to get to the second level, with the awareness to locate and stalk defenders. Eases off the snap in pass protection, comfortably sliding to his left to protect the edge, showing the coordination to shift into a second gear to recover if late off the snap. Plays with his knees bent and on the balls of his feet, showing good lateral agility and balance to shuffle. Anchors well due to knee bend, a flexible core and his upper body strength. Highly competitive. Gives good effort until the echo of the whistle, often blocking downfield and multiple defenders on the same play. Voted a team captain in 2017. -- Rob Rang 1/15/2018

WEAKNESSES
Lacks ideal height and arm length to remain outside, an issue that did show up on tape with longer defenders able to disengage quickly (Notre Dame-2016). Can get a bit wild with his technique once blocking on the move, including shooting his hands outside of the defenders' numbers, which leave him vulnerable to slipping off blocks as well as drawing holding calls. Faulty timing and execution of cut blocks, diving at their legs too early and impeding opponents but not stopping them. - Rob Rang 1/15/2018

COMPARES TO: John Greco, Giants - I still remember scouting Greco at Toledo a decade ago. As he has at times in the NFL, Greco played tackle for the Rockets but did so with a frame better suited to guard, leaving as a four-year standout just like Corbett. Greco's competitive nature and ability to play multiple positions has kept him earning NFL paychecks since being drafted in 2008 by the then-St. Louis Rams in the third round. Corbett appears to possess the talent and intangibles to also be a long-time NFL player.

IN OUR VIEW: Corbett started 48 of 49 possible games for the Wolfpack with all of them at tackle. Average height and arm length, however, could push him inside to guard where, theoretically, his powerful punch and brawling nature project well. A position switch is always a bit of a risk but Corbett's smooth athleticism, competitive nature and durability suggest that this Nevada gamble could hit big.

denverYooper
Aren't the Packers due for their next 2nd Round WR Gem?

Time to find out if Gutes has that magic.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Giants Will Hernandez, OG

STRENGTHS
Hernandez looks like he was cut from an "OG" template with very broad shoulders and a thick overall musculature including meaty thighs and stubby limbs very conducive to winning the leverage battle. He is an impressive athlete for the position, showing terrific initial quickness out of his stance when asked to pull as well as explosive power in his hands and hips to generate clear movement at the point of attack.

High school defensive tackle, Hernandez still plays with the fire of a defender, jolting opponents with an explosive initial pop and showing legitimate nasty in his play, looking to pancake and dominate opponents. Hernandez shows light feet, balance and excellent core strength in pass protection, sliding laterally and anchoring effectively when opponents attempt bull rushes. He keeps his head on a swivel and reacts aggressively to twists and stunts, firing outside when necessary to flank his left tackle and protect the edge.

As a run blocker, Hernandez shows an explosive initial punch and leg drive to generate movement at the point of attack and sells out when blocking at the second level, lunging into opponents to often create eye-popping collisions. He looks for work in pass protection, delivering well-timed punches to knock defenders off balance. UTEP's former and current coaches all rave about Hernandez's work ethic and commitment. - Rob Rang 12/2/2017

WEAKNESSES
Though he occasionally squared off against Big 12 opponents (including Oklahoma and Texas), the majority of UTEP's games were against inferior competition. Further, though he saw some time at center during practice over his career, Hernandez has zero starting experience at any other position other than left guard and does not long snap.

He can be a bit sporadic with his hand placement, grasping outside of the numbers and leaving himself vulnerable to slipping off or drawing penalties. Though Hernandez possesses impressive initial quickness (including when pulling), he occasionally gets a too far ahead of his skis once on the run, lacking the elite body control and anticipation to consistently hit moving targets. At times, he'll resort to lunging at opponents here, delivering some terrific hits but occasionally missing, as well. - Rob Rang 12/2/2017

COMPARES TO: Randall McDaniel, Vikings. McDaniel starred in an era in which 300 pound offensive linemen were rare but it is easy to remember the great No. 64's squatty frame, physicality and consistency when watching Hernandez. Like McDaniel (who started 202 consecutive games and earned All-Pro designation nine straight seasons), Hernandez earns top marks for durability and overall dominance, at least at the college level.

IN OUR VIEW: Do not make the mistake of thinking that because the Miners finished winless in 2017 that the team lacks talent. In fact, in Hernandez UTEP boasts its best NFL prospect since the Raiders made linebacker Thomas Howard the No. 38 overall selection of the 2006 draft.

Hernandez is a plug and play candidate with 49 consecutive starts (all at left guard). As his size suggests, he is a mauler in the running game with terrific power. Hernandez also shows excellent awareness to recognize stunts and twists, as well as the athleticism to react appropriately.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 06:33 PM
Aren't the Packers due for their next 2nd Round WR Gem?

Time to find out if Gutes has that magic.

Several still out there. Chark, Sutton, Washington

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:33 PM
Browns Nick Chubb RB

STRENGTHS
Desired build with thick legs and lower body. Physical mentality and delivers blows mid-run. Finishes with low pads and forward lean, carrying tacklers for a few extra yards. Above average run balance, vision and cutting ability to make quick decisions based on his reads. Strong footwork in the hole to plant-and-go, keeping his eyes and feet in sync. Smooth lateral cuts and quickly regains his momentum.

Sees through the first defender and locates blocks, setting up his second and third moves. Professional work habits since high school and pushes himself in the weight room. Highly productive and finished his collegiate career ranked top-3 in the SEC in rushing yards – tied Herschel Walker for the SEC record with 13-straight 100-yard games. Football bloodlines – father (Henry) played at Valdosta State; uncle (Aaron) played at Georgia; cousin (Brandon) has spent time on NFL practice squads last two seasons; cousin (Bradley) is a first round prospect in the 2018 draft class. Three-time team captain. Developed mental toughness dealing with his sophomore knee injury. – Dane Brugler 11/28/2017

WEAKNESSES
Not a dynamic start-stop athlete in space. Moves with one consistent speed, but lacks explosive gears. Gets himself in trouble when he stops his feet in the backfield. Shows soft hands when targeted, but wasn’t a high volume receiving threat in college (29 career catches). Ball security improved, but still room for improvement.

Featured runner most of his career, but benefited from deep backfields, allowing him to have fresh legs – only one game with 20+ touches as a senior. Medicals will be important after his ugly knee injury (Oct. 2015), tearing the PCL, MCL and LCL (but not the ACL) in his left knee, missing the second half of his sophomore season – also missed some time due to a left ankle injury as a junior (Sept. 2016). – Dane Brugler 11/28/17

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Colts take Darius Leonard OLB

STRENGTHS
Tall, good-looking frame with long arms. Balanced athleticism to mirror. Flows fast and pursues laterally. Rangy long-strider to make plays outside the numbers. Shoots gaps and closes well as a blitzer. Uses his length to lasso ballcarriers. Contact balance to work through blockers without taking himself out of the play. Alert and eyes stay trained on the ball to be in the right place at the right time. Performed well in four career games vs. FBS competition, including a career-best 19 tackles and a blocked field goal at Clemson (Sept. 2016). Mature, respectful individual and has an “old soul” according to his former high school coach. Works hard to add weight to his frame. NFL bloodlines – older half-brother (Anthony Waters) was drafted in the third round of the 2007 NFL Draft and played linebacker for four seasons in the NFL. Productive resume with a school-record 394 career tackles, starting 43 games the last four years. – Dane Brugler 2/7/2018

WEAKNESSES
Lanky with questionable growth potential. Below average play strength. Struggles to tackle in motion, overpursuing shifty ballcarriers. Bad habit of waiting on his heels, allowing runners to set up moves. Flows with the action, easily falling for fakes and misdirection. Needs to expand his vision to spot blocks. Raw take-on skills, lacking the hand technique to quickly work off blocks. Late to anticipate and doesn’t always trust his instincts. Almost all his collegiate experience came vs. FCS-level competition. – Dane Brugler 2/7/2018

IN OUR VIEW
Leonard needs to improve his play strength and reaction quickness to handle full-time linebacker responsibilities in the NFL, but he competes with the athletic range and reliable football character that fits today’s game.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 06:36 PM
Draft is going fast right now.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:36 PM
Braden Smith, G Auburn

Physically impressive frame with essential body thickness. Core strength to anchor at shallow depth. Balanced feet, both in space and when locked up. Flexible lower body to drop and roll his hips at contact. Clean puller to seal or stick defenders in space. Stubborn hands to punch, reload and fire again. Reliable – when the offense needs one yard, they often ran behind the right guard. Consistent knee bend in pass protection. Quick to recover after a jab to his chest. Never content, staying busy and searching for a body to lay a lick. No stranger to the weight room. Humble up-bringing and not a “me” player – “he has really come a long way from a leadership standpoint.” – Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn. Four-year SEC Academic honor roll and graduated with a degree in education (Summer 2017). Athletic bloodlines – father (David) played football and ran track at Kansas. Versatile experience with starts at both guard and tackle. – Dane Brugler 1/2/2018

WEAKNESSES
Active hands, but placement lacks refinement, often landing outside his target. Needs to better protect his breast plate. Occasionally forgets his feet at the point of attack, which hurt his ability to sustain. Low pad level rushers will give him trouble. Stout and rarely gives up ground, but not a bully who will simply overwhelm the point of attack. Has steadily improved his playing demeanor, but would benefit with a little more killer instinct to his game. – Dane Brugler 1/2/2018

COMPARES TO: David DeCastro, Pittsburgh Steelers – From a physical standpoint, these two players are very similar with their power at the point of attack and ability to hold up as both a run blocker and pass protector. DeCastro has developed into a Pro Bowler so this is high praise, but Smith has that type of potential if he improves his technique.

IN OUR VIEW: Smith needs to improve his hand tactics and leverage to better sustain the point of attack, but he projects as a NFL starter with his balanced lower body powerful upper body. He is best at guard, but his experience outside at tackle is welcomed versatility to help on the edges if needed.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 06:37 PM
I could see Gutey trading back here. Want a 3rd round pick.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:39 PM
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
RONALD JONES, RB

STRENGTHS
Field fast and accelerates into the hole. Drops his hips and explodes laterally. Fantastic feet to brake, allow defenders to whiz by him and quickly regain his speed. Takes away outside pursuit angles with his pace. Transitions inside to outside without throttling down. Necessary run instincts to set up open-field moves. Runs more physical than expected for his frame, driving his legs and not surrendering at contact. Not a content ballcarrier and runs with urgency. Toughness to meet blitzers in the hole and keep them occupied. Ran track in college as the third leg on USC’s winning 400-meter relay team (39.89). Well-liked and humble teammate. Admittedly lazy as a high school underclassman, but matured following the death of his father (Ronald, an Army sergeant) due to a heart attack in 2012. Appetite for the end zone with at least one touchdown in 19 of his final 20 games at USC. – Dane Brugler 1/3/2018

WEAKNESSES
Tall and lean-muscled, lacking an ideal build for the position. Lacks move-the-pile power. Not a consistent tackle-breaker unless his speed is shifted in high gear. Must improve his tempo and patience as an inside runner to better set up blocks. Needs to further his development as a receiver (32 catches for 302 receiving yards and two scores at USC). Limitations as a pass blocker with spotty technique. Marginal body armor leads to durability and usage concerns – missed the Cal game (Sept. 2017) due to a left ankle sprain and leg bruise. – Dane Brugler 1/3/2018

COMPARES TO: Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs – With the body types, explosive runs and even the same jersey number, the Charles comparisons are unavoidable.

IN OUR VIEW: Overall, Jones needs to improve his run tempo and his workload will need to be monitored, but he flashes the home run speed, understated power and run determination to elevate a NFL backfield.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 06:40 PM
There goes Sutton.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Bears James Daniels C

STRENGTHS
Still growing into his body but possesses ideal traits for the position including naturally thick frame with a powerful lower half and very long arms. Easy athleticism pops off the tape, showing excellent snap to step quickness to make difficult angle blocks as well as the burst to skate downfield to find secondary targets. Shows rare body control to adjust to moving targets with sticky hands to reach, snatch, control and sustain blocks through the whistle. Good agility and awareness in pass protection, as well, showing light feet and flexibility in his core to turn and adjust to surprise blitzes and stunts. Proper hand placement when helping his guards, delivering powerful jolts to the ribs and hips of opponents, occasionally knocking them off their feet. Plays with easy knee bend and possesses the core strength and long arms to anchor against bull rushers. Played in a pro-style offense, showing comfort with the quarterback taking the ball directly from him and firing accurate crisp snaps out of shotgun. Appears to be just scratching the surface of his potential. -- Rob Rang 1/11/2018

WEAKNESSES
Not yet the sum of his parts. Is almost too quick to the second level, rushing downfield but failing to anticipate where defenders will be when he gets there, allowing savvy linebackers to slip past him entirely or failing to deliver the accurate pop to eliminate them from the play. Can get a little frenetic in his play, attempting to do too much and getting himself off-balance. Pad level rises as he tires and can get walked deep into the pocket when he loses the leverage battle, needing to continue to gain more core and upper body strength. Will occasionally leave his feet to attempt cut blocks but needs to do a better job of targeting the knees of opponents, coming in too low and failing to roll, allowing defenders to leap over him. Does come with some medical red-flags after missing three combined games (and numerous practices) with knee issues, wearing braces on both knees the past two years. - Rob Rang 1/11/2018

COMPARES TO: Rodney Hudson, Raiders - As a two-time All-American who stayed through his senior season at Florida State, Hudson was clearly more polished entering the NFL than Daniels. The 6-2, 300 pounder possesses a similar bowling ball-like frame as Daniels, however, as well as the quickness and power to be a difference-maker inside. Hudson has earned two Pro Bowl nods and a five year, $44.5 million dollar deal to leave the Chiefs (the franchise which selected him 55th overall back in 2011) for Oakland.

IN OUR VIEW: The 2018 center class is a significantly better group than last year, which only resulted in five centers total being drafted. This class could double that with a few legitimate plug and play options. Daniels isn't necessarily one of them, needing to iron out some wrinkles in his game before he can be counted on as a full-time starter in the NFL. Due to his rare blend of body style and athleticism, however, it wouldn't be surprising to see him drafted earlier than most of his well-known peers as he possesses the highest upside of the bunch.

red
04-27-2018, 06:41 PM
damn, no more sutton

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:41 PM
Broncos, Courtland Sutton, WR, Southern Methodist

STRENGTHS
Possesses the build of a prototypical No. 1 NFL receiver with broad shoulders, long arms and a tapered, athletic frame with good overall musculature. Natural hands receiver who collects passes easily, showing very good concentration and hand strength to secure the contested grab. Can track the ball over his shoulder, as well as come back towards the ball and pluck before taking the big hit. Is not afraid to use his size and strength to box out defenders for the ball, showing good timing and body control to win 50-50 throws and adjust to poorly thrown balls. Can contort in the air to adjust, making him a natural red zone threat.

Smooth accelerator off the line of scrimmage with enough build-up speed to be a vertical threat. Surprisingly agile for a receiver of his size with good lateral agility and a stop-start move. Shows good vision to set up blocks, weaving through traffic and using his natural size and strength advantage to bully his way and create additional yardage after the catch. Showed improved savviness as a route-runner in 2017, varying his gait to create separation and using shoulder fakes to leave defenders guessing and recognizing the potential for big gains on "free plays" when the defense was clearly offside... Experienced playing inside and out, theoretically easing his transition to the NFL. The clear-cut top option at SMU and might blossom with a greater supporting cast... - Rob Rang 12/14/2017

WEAKNESSES
Lacks elite suddenness off the snap to frighten NFL defensive backs, showing smooth but not sudden acceleration to create separation. Does not explode out of his breaks and throttles down on comebacks and stop routes which could lead to interceptions against the elite cornerbacks he will face in the NFL.

Can be too physical, resorting to pushing off defensive backs to create separation and drawing offensive pass interference penalties (TCU, Houston 2017). Could improve in his ability to recognize and improvise, failing to adjust his routes when his quarterback is in trouble. Did not face much press coverage in college and will need time to adjust in this area. Despite playing multiple receiver positions at SMU, ran a fairly limited route tree... Gets in the way as a blocker but is not the dominator that his build and hype suggest... -- Rob Rang 12/14/2017

COMPARES TO: Hall of Famer Art Monk, Washington Redskins. The elite size-speed matchup in recent NFL history is Randy Moss, a 2018 Canton finalist. Sutton's blend of height, agility, underrated straight-line speed and reliable hands is a closer comparison to Monk, a 6-3, 210 pounder who earned a yellow jacket based on consistency, including in the red zone with 68 career touchdowns.

IN OUR VIEW: Today's NFL passing attacks feature physical mismatches and perhaps no one in the 2018 draft class boasts a more intriguing combination of size, athleticism and ball-skills than Sutton, who recorded 31 touchdowns over the past three seasons, building upon his production each year after tying current Denver Broncos' standout Emmanuel Sanders' SMU freshman record with nine touchdowns.

Critics will point to Sutton's lack of ideal straight-line speed and questionable level of competition. His production (and this year's relative average receiver corps, however) are likely to earn him a top 50 grade with a first round selection in his very large catch radius.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 06:42 PM
Best available:

Connor Williams
Derrius Guice
Harold Landry
Maurice Hurst
Josh Jackson
Christian Kirk

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:43 PM
Oakland Raiders trade to Tennessee Titans they are on the clock

red
titans trade up, who do they want?

pbmax
All player profiles brought to you by NFLDraftScout.com

red
04-27-2018, 06:44 PM
christian kirk would be a fun guy to have

and we really need a WR

but damn landry

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Could Packers get Landry in 2nd round?

red
04-27-2018, 06:45 PM
really? vince young?

red
04-27-2018, 06:45 PM
lol

arnold landry?

and thats why vince young couldn't learn a pro system

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 06:46 PM
What did Young say his 1st name was?

pbmax
Titans, Harold Landry, BC OLB

STRENGTHS
Landry possesses a compact, well-developed frame with above average arm length for his height. His most exciting trait for the NFL is his first step explosiveness. Whether rushing from the two or three point stance, Landry fires off the ball like out of a gun, often exploding past college tackles with just his initial burst. Complementing this speed is terrific core flexibility to dip under the reach of tackles, scrape the corner sharply and close on the ball-carrier. Landry shows very good lateral agility and balance to sprawl to avoid would-be cut-blocks and slip by lunging linemen. Though he lacks ideal length and power, Landry's quickness upfield helps him maintain his run containment responsibilities and he fights for position, ripping free from much bigger blockers at the final moment to get in on the stop on the edge. Landry also is effective when opponents opt to run away from his side, showing excellent vision, agility and effort to pursues from the backside. He shows good speed and a second-gear to close to deliver some impressive hits. Landry shows very good hand-eye coordination and an obvious focus on attacking the ball, forcing 10 fumbles from 2015-2016. He was rarely used in space as a pass defender but shows the instincts and agility to handle more of this duty if asked. - Rob Rang 12/16/2017

WEAKNESSES
Landry is a bit of a one-trick pony as a speed edge rusher, relying upon his initial burst to cross the face of offensive tackles and making it relatively easy to game-plan against him and mitigate his effectiveness. While agile enough to use on stunts, Landry needs a lane as he does not possess ideal girth or strength to bulldoze through NFL offensive linemen. Though competitive, Landry can be overpowered at the point of attack in the running game. For an edge rusher, Landry only flashes awareness of passing lanes, recording five passes defensed as a junior (including an impressive interception vs. Maryland in the 2016 Quick Lane Bowl) but only two (one each in his first two games) as a senior. -- Rob Rang 12/16/2017

COMPARES TO: Kevin Greene, Rams/Steelers/Panthers. Just like the 6-3, 247 pound Greene, Landry is an explosive edge rusher whose best attribute is his ability to harass opposing quarterbacks, whether it be from the left or right side, out of two or three point stance.

IN OUR VIEW:
Landry may not possess ideal height or length but his exceptional initial quickness and flexibility make him one of the best - and proven - edge rushers in the 2018 NF draft. A three-time All-ACC selection, he set the school record and led the country with 16.5 sacks as a junior but saw his

red
give me christian kirk

mraynrand
Could Packers get Landry in 2nd round?

ha ha

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:47 PM

Honor

red
04-27-2018, 06:47 PM

arnol or something like that. he almost got landry wrong too

denverYooper
04-27-2018, 06:48 PM
I didn't expect Landry would make it past the Pats anyhow.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 06:48 PM
Nutz has Packers taking Lorenzo Carter in his 2nd round mock. Could be.

red
04-27-2018, 06:49 PM
thats gotta be great, biggest moment of your life, waiting for your name to get called, then have it butchered so bad you don't even know it was you that was called

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:50 PM
Rivers McCown @riversmccown
In the interest of hilarity I’m suddenly a fan of your team’s former player having to announce the draft pick’s name correctly or forfeit the selection.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:51 PM
Miami Dolphins, Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State

STRENGTHS
Gesicki offers rare coordination and acceleration for a man of with his dimensions, which includes a prototypical blend of height, long arms (34") and a tapered, athletic frame. He glides off the snap, smoothly accelerating into his route and showing excellent body control and savvy as a route-runner at the stem to shake safeties, consistently creating separation. Gesicki scoops the ball with natural hands, never allowing it inside to his pads or to where the defender might be able to reach around him to bat it away. He possesses impressive flexibility for a tight end, showing a huge catch radius with catches hauled thrown low, high and outside, including behind him. He can contort in the air to make the circus catch and shows very good agility, leaping ability and competitiveness to generate yards after the reception, lowering his shoulder and keeping his legs driving through contact. While lacking prototypical size for an in-line role, Gesicki's competitiveness also comes into play as a blocker. He is alert and physical at the point of attack, bending at the knees and looking to initiate contact and working to sustain. -- Rob Rang 2/2/2018

WEAKNESSES
Gesicki could be seen as a bit of a 'tweener as he does not possess the strength to consistently create movement at the point of attack as an in-line blocker and, while a smooth accelerator, may not possess the straight-line speed preferred as a full-time receiver. He was rarely pressed at the college level and will need to work on gaining a clean release with many of his touches manufactured out of the wing... Though he has no known injury concerns, Gesicki possesses a relatively gangly frame and shows no fear in leaping and contorting in space, leaving his long limbs in danger of some ugly hits which could result in injury. - Rob Rang 2/2/2018

COMPARES TO
Zach Ertz, Eagles - This isn't a perfect comparison because at 6-5, 250 pounds Ertz has a little bit more of a traditional compact tight end frame and Gesicki is both longer and more agile. What makes them similar is more important than what makes them different, however. Each possess the athleticism and route-running savvy to consistently create separation (whether split wide, in-line or on the wing), as well as soft hands and enough strength and competitiveness to help as blockers. Like Ertz, (picked 35th overall in 2013), Gesicki is a likely Day Two pick who may wind up playing like a first rounder.

IN OUR VIEW
Gesicki did most of his work as a massive slot receiver or on the wing but also saw out of the traditional in-line position. Regardless of where he lined up, his ability to create separation and haul in passes made him a matchup nightmare for opponents. The savviest route-runner of this year's tight end class, don't be surprised when Gesicki hears his name called (and enjoys success in the NFL) earlier than most project.

red
04-27-2018, 06:52 PM
In the interest of hilarity I’m suddenly a fan of your team’s former player having to announce the draft pick’s name correctly or forfeit the selection.

why the hell would you even let the biggest bust in team history announce the pick in the first place?

pbmax
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Patriots traded back from No. 11 in the second round and the #Lions are coming up. For a RB?

Joemailman

But then nobody would draft Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

mraynrand
thats gotta be great, biggest moment of your life, waiting for your name to get called, then have it butchered so bad you don't even know it was you that was called

You just described my wedding

pbmax
why the hell would you even let the biggest bust in team history announce the pick in the first place?

Jeff Fisher wasn't out there.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:53 PM
But then nobody would draft Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

Wisconsin guys could get it. If you can say Oconomowoc, you can say Okoronkwo

red
04-27-2018, 06:53 PM
fucking lions just traded up to get in front of us

smuggler
04-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Possibility of us taking Obo Okoronkwo in round 2? Solid pass-rushing prospect, by my evaluation (for what it's worth).

red
04-27-2018, 06:55 PM
just make the fucking pick dickhead

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 06:55 PM

It would epic to have Ryan Leaf and Tony Mandarich up there for bolts and pack.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:56 PM
Lions Kerryon Johnson, Auburn, RB

STRENGTHS
Elite patience and timing, allowing blocks to develop. Widescreen vision and feels developing run lanes. Excellent spatial awareness and understands how to maximize running angles. Quick decision-maker. Flexible joints and keeps his balance well to work off tackle attempts. Lateral movement skills to create off-balance tackle attempts. Long strides to accelerate once he finds a sliver of daylight. Strong foundation as a runner. Drives his legs and uses a violent stiff arm to punish defenders, making it a chore to bring him down. Workhorse mentality and averaged 25.8 offensive touches per game in 2017. Natural ball skills as a receiver, recording 55 catches (fifth-best among running backs in Auburn history) for 478 yards and two scores over his career. Not shy giving up his body in pass protection. Used as the primary kickoff returner his first two seasons at Auburn, averaging 25.1 yards per return (26/653/0). Competes with the warrior toughness desired for the position – won’t voluntarily come off the field and does a great job tolerating pain (his father, Kerry, is an athletic trainer). Multiple SEC Honor Roll recipient and takes care of his business off the field. Finished his career ranked top-10 in Auburn history with 3,625 all-purpose yards. – Dane Brugler 1/3/2018

WEAKNESSES
High cut and long-legged. Runs erect and doesn’t consistently drop his hips to generate burst. Not the most graceful runner in tight spaces. Doesn’t consistently lower his pads, exposing his body and the ball. Holds the ball loose and needs to improve his security (despite only three fumbles at Auburn). Lean-muscled for the position. Lack of secondary speed limits his big play potential (only three runs of 30+ yards in 2017). Gets in trouble when he catches in pass protection and needs to improve his blocking mechanics. Durability will be questioned due to his physical run style and a laundry list of injuries – left the Alabama game (Nov. 2017) due to injuries to his ribs and right shoulder; missed two games as a junior with a hamstring injury (Sept. 2017); missed playing time as a sophomore due to a “severely” sprained right ankle (Oct. 2016); collected numerous injuries in high school, including a separate left shoulder, surgically repaired right shoulder, sprained MCL and broken thumb. – Dane Brugler 1/3/2018

COMPARES TO: Jordan Howard, Chicago Bears – While Johnson is a leaner version, he has the toughness and skill-set that resembles the Bears’ workhorse, who has rushed for 1,100+ rushing yards in each of his first two NFL seasons.

IN OUR VIEW: While the long-term health concerns are worrisome, Johnson has the patience, pacing and feel as a ball carrier to eat away at defenses. His win-at-all-cost attitude and multi-dimensional skills will endear him to NFL coaches and allow him to be a valuable piece of a NFL offense.

mraynrand
Carrion Johnson?

red
49ers just jumped in front of us

Joemailman
fucking lions just traded up to get in front of usProbably traded up up get ahead of Washington. Both need a running back.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 06:57 PM
It would epic to have Ryan Leaf and Tony Mandarich up there for bolts and pack.

How about more subtle?

Terrell Buckley

O less subtle but more obscure, Rich Campbell?

denverYooper
04-27-2018, 06:59 PM
9ers afraid of the Packers 2nd round WR history?

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 06:59 PM
9ers afraid of the Packers 2nd round WR history?

they only get one pick

red
04-27-2018, 07:00 PM
fuck, there goes pettis

red
04-27-2018, 07:00 PM
kirk?

wonder if we wanted pettis

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 07:01 PM
If Pack makes the pick, it's either Kirk or Carter.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 07:01 PM
local boy

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:02 PM
San Francisco, Dante Pettis, WR, Washington

STRENGTHS
Possesses a wiry, athletic frame with good overall weight distribution and room for additional muscle mass without a significant loss of quickness. That quickness may be Pettis' best trait. He possesses extraordinary stop-start quickness, accelerating from zero to 60 in the blink of eye - a fact which helps Pettis break the initial wave of defenders on punt returns and eat up the cushion against cornerbacks. Pettis shows sharp change of direction skills, planting his foot in the ground and exploding laterally to create separation and elude in tight quarters after securing the ball. He is a polished route-runner, showing a feel for setting up cornerbacks on double moves (see Alabama, 2016 Peach Bowl). Pettis shows good body control to contort in space to make difficult grabs, creating a large catch radius because of his flexibility and long arms. He has reliable hands, plucking the ball from outside of his frame and showing the ability to track it over his shoulder. Pettis shows courage to field punts with defenders around him and no hesitation to run through traffic. Despite his slim frame, Pettis has proven durable over his career, missing no games due to injury (52 games). Athletic bloodlines. Father, Gary Pettis, played 11 seasons at centerfield in the Major Leagues, earning five Gold Gloves. His cousin, Austin, was a record-breaking receiver at Boise State who played four years (2011-2014) with the Rams. - Rob Rang 12/21/2017

WEAKNESSES
Even among receivers, Pettis possesses a relatively slight build with slim limbs and only average height, limiting the roles he can play in an NFL offense. He can get held up at the line of scrimmage against press coverage and is too easily knocked off his route by handsy defensive backs. Pettis competes for jump balls, but his lack of core strength also shows up in this area. He shows just average strength to break tackles consistently, relying on his agility and balance to make defenders miss. Similarly, while Pettis is an alert and competitive blocker, he lacks the strength to be very effective in this role. Pettis will need to do a better job of being aware of the sideline in the NFL, often just getting one foot in bounds on sideline catches. - Rob Rang 12/21/2017

COMPARES TO
Nelson Agholor, Philadelphia Eagles - Agholor and Pettis may both hail from the Pac-12 but that is just the beginning of their similarities. Agholor, the surprise 20th overall pick of the 2015 draft, possesses a similar frame (6-0, 198 pounds) as Pettis, as well as production as a receiver (20 and 24 touchdowns, respectively) and as returner (four and nine touchdowns, respectively). Neither is a classic No. 1 target but do possess the natural playmaking ability to be quite effective at the next level.

IN OUR VIEW
Pettis lacks the imposing frame teams are searching for outside and he has limited experience in the slot. The same things which make Pettis such an extraordinary punt returner and effective receiver in college, however - his vision, elusiveness, and sudden acceleration - also project very well to the NFL. A Day Two selection is likely with Pettis providing immediate impact potential in both roles.

red
04-27-2018, 07:03 PM
holy fuck

josh jackson???????????????????

how many fucking cbs do we need?

guty does know we have other needs right?

denverYooper
Josh Jackson

Joemailman
Quentin Rollins is having a terrible draft.

red
04-27-2018, 07:05 PM

i was pretty sure his ass would be cut before the season started

we now have 3 cbs taken in the first 2 rounds of the last 2 years. plus we signed tramon williams and davon house

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 07:06 PM
'81 Niners all over again.

Where is Ray Rhodes?
:)

pbmax
Green Bay Packers, CB, Josh Jackson, Iowa

STRENGTHS
Possesses an ideal frame for a modern day press cornerback with broad shoulders, long arms and loose hips, which help him change direction and accelerate smoothly, showing enough functional speed to handle deep ball coverage duties. Experience as a receiver shows with his route anticipation and extraordinary ball-skills. Possesses more natural hands than some receiver prospects, using textbook technique to pluck passes outside of his frame and showing rare hand-eye coordination and quickness to adjust to deflected passes. Good size and timing on his leaps to box out receivers on 50-50 balls, showing the aggression and hand strength to rip or punch the ball away.

Patient and composed when the ball is in the air, playing with a "my ball" mentality and competing until the end of the play. Uses his long arms to snake around would-be receivers to bat passes away, showing the body control to not hit the receiver too soon and draw flags. Better physicality and run containment than one might expect given that his time spent at receiver... Still a work in progress in this area but is competitive and issues appear to be coachable... Generally a reliable open-field tackler, occasionally lowering his shoulder to deliver big hits. Uses his length well to lasso ball-carriers. Shows some savvy off the edge when blitzing, timing his rush and showing good agility to avoid would-be blockers. Sells out, leaping into the air, contorting and waving his arms to ruin passing lanes for the quarterback. Some punt return experience. Shows vision, elusiveness and enough speed to break away when he has the ball, turning two of his seven interceptions in 2017 into touchdowns. -- Rob Rang 12/22/2017

WEAKNESSES
Like most long-levered defensive backs, Jackson loses a step in his transition and is vulnerable to smaller, quicker receivers. Can get caught leaning and leave too easy of an inside release. Can get grabby downfield, especially when playing off. Flashes physicality as a tackler but too often gets tied up with blockers, needing to show better awareness and hand technique to rip, release and re-locate ball-carriers. Can get out of control as a tackler, lunging rather than breaking down with some missed tackles on tape. Was not challenged by many true speedsters in the Big Ten and may lack ideal straight-line speed, making Combine workouts an important test for his ultimate draft grade. -- Rob Rang 12/22/2017

COMPARES TO: Hall of Famer Rod Woodson, Steelers. It is appropriate that Jackson won the Tatum-Woodson Award as the Big Ten's top defensive back in 2017 because he shows a similar combination of agility, instincts and ball-skills as the former Purdue and Pittsburgh great. Jackson has a lot of work to do as a tackler to be the well-rounded player Woodson was - earning 11 Pro Bowls and six All-Pro honors in 17 NFL seasons - but in leading the country with seven interceptions (and returning two of them for touchdowns), Iowa's cornerback showed the same exciting traits which helped Woodson steal 71 passes over his illustrious career, retiring as the league's all-time interception-return yardage leader (1,483).

IN OUR VIEW: Every year some lanky cornerback draws the distinction of being this classes' Sherman (or Woodson) but Jackson might actually live up to the comparison. Like Sherman at Stanford, Jackson played both wide receiver and cornerback in college, a fact that honed both players' route anticipation and ball-skills. Questions about schematic fit pushed Sherman into the fifth round of the 2012 draft. In part because of the trail Sherman blazed, scouts won't make the same mistake with Jackson.

mraynrand

He will be competing with Williams and House

pbmax
Anyone catch Kramer trolling Cowboys fans? :lol:

red
04-27-2018, 07:07 PM
Anyone catch Kramer trolling Cowboys fans? :lol:

pretty classic

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:07 PM
I bet the 49ers jumped ahead of us to get a WR. Wonder if Pettis was a consideration?

esoxx
04-27-2018, 07:08 PM

Well, in all fairness, Harold Landry is a pretty hard name to pronounce.

red
well. our secondary should be one of the best in the nfl for the next few years

no excuses now

if you can't figure out how to fix the pass rush, just draft a shitload of really good cb's

mraynrand
Why is Woodpecker mirroring this thread in the Day 1 thread?

Smidgeon
i was pretty sure his ass would be cut before the season started

we now have 3 cbs taken in the first 2 rounds of the last 2 years. plus we signed tramon williams and davon house

3 cbs and a safety.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:09 PM
Shoulda been announcing the Ravens.

denverYooper
04-27-2018, 07:10 PM
Packers have had pretty good results with Iowa players. So there's that.

red
I bet the 49ers jumped ahead of us to get a WR. Wonder if Pettis was a consideration?

my favorite draft site had him as the top WR in the draft. i don't care what the fuck mayock says, the guy is more then a punt returner

pbmax
Chiefs, Breeland Speaks, DE Ole Miss

Revving acceleration when given a runway. Coordinated footwork and hips to make sharp 90-degree turns. Relentless hustle to continue working to the pocket. Wriggles through gaps. Carries 285 pounds well and sports long arms. Relies on his reach to initiate contact, run his feet and drive blockers. Alert and his high tackle numbers match his ability to routinely be around the ball. Eager, drive-through tackler with some nasty at the end of his hits. Versatile experience, lining up inside and outside over various gaps. Production and playing time steadily improved each of the last three seasons. – Dane Brugler 2/5/2018

WEAKNESSES
High-cut and long-legged. Routinely pops upright and gives up his chest, allowing blockers to move him. Easily out-leveraged. Undeveloped hand use and stays attached to blocks too long. Struggles to stay balanced while engaged. Not a disciplined football player. Minimal rhyme or reason to his pass rush moves. Lower body stiffness due to his long legs shows in small areas. Head ducker with wasted movements mid-rush. Too many immature, bush league actions on his tape that won’t go unnoticed in the NFL (see ejection vs. 2017 Mississippi State). Practice habits have been questioned in the past. Off-field decision-making will be scrutinized after a DUI arrest (March 2016) – also suspended for the first half vs. UT-Martin (Sept. 2015) for a violation of team rules. – Dane Brugler 2/5/2018

IN OUR VIEW
The NFL team that drafts Speaks will do so for the flashes and not his body of work, hoping to groom him to be a productive rotation player in a four-man front.

RashanGary
04-27-2018, 07:11 PM
Josh Jackson is 2 inches taller than alexander but has the same length arms.

Alexander is gonna play like hes 5’11” because nobody bats footballs down with their forehead anyway.

red
04-27-2018, 07:12 PM
3 cbs and a safety.

good point

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Arizona, Christian Kirk, WR Texas A&M

STRENGTHS
Finely-tuned athlete. Controls his throttle in his cuts with NFL-level coordination and ease of movement. Accelerates to his top speed quickly, shifting gears effortlessly in his routes. Ankle flexion and lateral burst to manipulate space, separating from coverage – ran away from Alabama’s Minkah Fitzpatrick on sharp inside-out patterns from the slot.

Natural running instincts to be dangerous any time he touches the ball. Flexible body control, reach and ball skills to snag throws outside his frame. Tracks well over his shoulder. Shorter, but not small, sporting a muscular frame. Professional make-up and not many 21-year old players as mature as him. Goal-oriented mindset and commits the extra time necessary between games. Leadership role grew each season and was one of the faces of the program in 2017. Played in all 39 games of his three-year career and recorded at least two catches in each contest. Impact returner skills, averaging 22.2 yards per punt return with six career touchdowns (36/798/6) – scored a touchdown every 6.0 punt returns in college, setting the school career records for punt return touchdowns in a season (three) and career (six)…averaged 21.2 yards on kickoff returns (49/1,038/1). – Dane Brugler 12/17/2017

WEAKNESSES
Shorter-than-ideal with a maxed-out build. Overpowered by physical defenders and knocked off his route. Above average catch radius, but lacks ideal length to consistently play above the rim or bail out errant throws. Inconsistent results with crowded catch zones. Ball security needs improved. Inexperienced as an outside receiver, working primarily in the slot at Texas A&M. Not an established deep threat and averaged under 13 yards per catch in his career. – Dane Brugler 12/17/2017

COMPARES TO: Tim Brown, Oakland Raiders - Lining up all over the formation, Brown could impact every inch of the field and Kirk has that same impact potential. Brown also averaged 10.2 yards per punt return over his illustrious career and that is an area where Kirk is expected to make an immediate impact.

IN OUR VIEW: Although he needs to hone his finishing skills as a receiver and return man to take his game from good to great, all the traits are there for Kirk to be an immediate slot weapon and return man. He might not have the ceiling of a NFL No. 1 receiver, but he has one of the highest floors in this draft class, which could land him in round one.

esoxx
04-27-2018, 07:13 PM
For the draft capital the Packers have poured in to the secondary the last several drafts you'd think they'd be Legion of Boom level by now. Sure would be nice to pick high at some other positions on occasion.

RashanGary
I like both corners. I’m excited to see how the secondary shapes up.

red
Josh Jackson is 2 inches taller than alexander but has the same length arms.

Alexander is gonna play like hes 5’11” because nobody bats footballs down with their forehead anyway.

i'm not sure it matters how tall those 2 are

i think we were able to draft alexander because we have kevin king. king is gonna line up on the tallest WR on every play, which is gonna let the other 2 guys just go nuts on the other wr's

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:14 PM
Los Angeles Chargers, Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, USC

STRENGTHS
Sports an imposing frame with broad shoulders, long arms and a chiseled musculature. Flashes real suddenness as a pass rusher, timing his burst with the snap to occasionally leave tackles flat-footed and grasping at air. He is a passionate pass rusher, fighting to get to the quarterback with a relentlessness and toughness that inspires teammates. His best attribute, however, might be the timing and awareness he shows when not getting to the quarterback, leaping into the air to tip passes at the line of scrimmage (13 passes defensed in 2017), creating potential turnovers and frustrating opposing quarterbacks. Against the run, Nwuso shows good strength to anchor and create a pile and he is quick enough to slip blocks. He is a classic drag down tackler with the long arms and strength in his hands to rip ball-carriers to the ground even when occupied with blockers. -- Rob Rang 12/28/2017

WEAKNESSES
Is not the sum of his parts... Inconsistent burst upfield, guessing wrong too often on the snap count, and is not as quick laterally. A bit stiff in his core, which keeps him from changing direction quickly and limits his ability to scrape the edge sharply. Struggles to disengage once blockers latch on, showing little technique as a pass rusher other than simple speed and bull rushes... Reliant upon his long arms to "catch" ball-carriers, showing just average balance and agility when needing to break down for secure tackles in the open field... Rarely asked to drop into coverage and shows limited awareness and agility there, despite his gaudy PBU numbers... Struggled with immaturity early in his career, getting sent home from the Holiday Bowl after a fight with a teammate. Nwuso did not register for classes at USC the following semester, opting instead to take classes at El Camino Community College in nearby Torrance and transferring back... - Rob Rang 12/28/2017

COMPARES TO: Cassius Marsh, 49ers - The 6-4, 245 pound Marsh rotated along the defensive line and linebacker at UCLA and in NFL stops in Seattle, New England and San Francisco, showing enough versatility to stick in the league but not enough polish at any one position to stay for long. He, like Nwuso, possesses intriguing initial burst, a flair for big plays and an intense kamikaze playing style that could either endear (or alienate) him from teammates, coaches and fans.

IN OUR VIEW: Nwuso played essentially a stand-up defensive end role in USC's defense, rarely dropping back into coverage. His strength and length in this role help against the run but he was his most effective tipping passes at the line of scrimmage. There are some traits to work with here but he is not the well-rounded prospect or even the traditional outside linebacker USC has produced over the past decade.

red
04-27-2018, 07:14 PM
I like both corners. I’m excited to see how the secondary shapes up.

i like both too

but not sure i wanted or we needed both

we got other huge needs

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:15 PM
For the draft capital the Packers have poured in to the secondary the last several drafts you'd think they'd be Legion of Boom level by now. Sure would be nice to pick high at some other positions on occasion.

Agreed. Its not been efficient at all.

I still think pass rush is 50% of the problem. Lotta pressure on Wilkerson working out.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Packers have had pretty good results with Iowa players. So there's that.

And they can usually play right away.

red
04-27-2018, 07:16 PM
3 years later and we had to repeat what we did in 2015 and draft cb's in the first 2 rounds

man did TT ever fuck up that year

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:17 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Eagles traded up to No. 49 I’m second round, one spot in front of the Cowboys. Clearly wanted to jump Dallas, which lost Jason Witten today, for a reason....

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 07:17 PM
Agreed. Its not been efficient at all.

I still think pass rush is 50% of the problem. Lotta pressure on Wilkerson working out.

and Beigel and Fackrell and Lowry and Mt. Adams.

red
04-27-2018, 07:19 PM
lol

akers going off on the cowqueers

mraynrand
3 years later and we had to repeat what we did in 2015 and draft cb's in the first 2 rounds

shit happens. I've been saying forever that Shield's noggin totally fucked up the plan. But yeah, Randall and Rollins looking like Edwards and Vinson. Can we trade Rollins for an all-pro running back please? :)

pbmax
Philadelphia Eagles, David Akers?. Shanker of the playoff field goals versus the packers? Shut up.

Dallas Goedert, TE , South Dakota St

STRENGTHS
Loose athlete for the position. Quick release off the line with above average seam speed. Uses nuance in his routes to stack defenders and gain a step on vertical patterns. Soft hands. Expands his catch radius to snare the ball away from his body with ease. Comfortable in traffic, routinely making grabs with defenders hanging on his back. Uses his body well to shield defenders. NFL-level tracking skills and hand-eye coordination. Athleticism allows him to be a YAC threat, setting up moves to make defenders miss.

Workable frame to add weight and get stronger – was only 205 pounds when he arrived at SDSU and wasn’t part of a workout program until college. Boasts the frame and strength profile to develop as a blocker. Matured into one of the team’s best workers, on and off the field, the last five years – “he’s obviously got a lot of natural gifts, but it’s his work ethic and football IQ that have made the difference.” – SDSU tight ends coach Luke Schleusner. Former walk on who worked his way to be in this position – earned a 40% scholarship as a redshirt freshman, 70% scholarship as a sophomore and 100% for his final two seasons. Above average production, setting several Missouri Valley Football Conference tight end records. – Dane Brugler 12/12/2017

WEAKNESSES
Needs to tighten his footwork and eliminate wasted body movements at the top of routes – likes to get a head start in/out of his breaks. Tends to lose focus at the catch point, prematurely taking his eyes away from the ball, leading to drops. Unique blend of power and athleticism as a ballcarrier, but will leave some yards on the field and needs to improve his decision-making.

Shows a baseline understanding of blocking technique and awareness, but needs time to hone these skills to better sustain. Didn’t miss a game the past four seasons, but was hindered at times due to minor injuries, including an ankle issue that knocked him out of a 2017 playoff game (Dec. 2017). Almost all of his experience came against FCS-level talent – faced three FBS opponents in his career (none in 2017), including an impressive performance at TCU (Sept. 2016) with five catches for 96 yards and one touchdown. – Dane Brugler 12/12/17

COMPARES TO: Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs - Kelce is one of the best young tight ends in the NFL so it takes an impressive prospect to earn this comparison - and Goedert is deserving. His athleticism and body control for a player his size creates mismatches before and after the catch.

IN OUR VIEW: Despite all of his experience coming at the FCS-level, Goedert has the physical skill-set, dependable ball skills and motivated make-up to develop into a starting NFL tight end. He has Pro Bowls in his future.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 07:20 PM
lol

Dallas Goedert. BURN

red
04-27-2018, 07:21 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Eagles traded up to No. 49 I’m second round, one spot in front of the Cowboys. Clearly wanted to jump Dallas, which lost Jason Witten today, for a reason....

that is awesome, took the guy the cowboys wanted too

SMBASS
04-27-2018, 07:21 PM
And they can usually play right away.

As an Iowa fan I have my issues with Kirk Ferentz but he sure seems to have a knack for putting players in the NFL who are ready to play because of the system and pro styles he uses.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Why would Eagles draft a TE when they have DickRod?

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Dallas Cowboys, Conor Williams, OL, Texas

STRENGTHS
Possesses a power-packed frame with excellent weight distribution throughout his upper and lower body. Very good initial quickness off the snap, firing off the ball as a run blocker to create a surge. Provides an explosive initial pop on contact, jarring opponents and showing excellent hand strength and placement to latch on, steer and sustain - qualities which could lead to a move inside to guard if his pro team desires. Williams plays with the nastiness which would fit well inside and will endear him to NFL offensive line coaches. He fights until the echo of the whistle, using his core strength to overpower opponents and ultimately pancaking them, if he feels them off-balance. Williams' initial quickness and strength also show up in pass protection. He eases off the snap calmly, sliding to his left with quick power steps which help him maintain his balance and keep him able to re-direct inside to mirror counter-moves. Williams may not possess elite arm length but his quickness allows him to keep his shoulders square to pass rushers. He shows patience and good football intelligence in pass protection, understanding angles and not panicking. Once Williams latches on, his grip and grit take over. He possesses excellent core strength and bends his knees properly to anchor against bull rushers. - Rob Rang 12/16/2017

WEAKNESSES
Williams slides well laterally but does not possess the quickness or length of elite NFL left tackles, limitations which will cause him some problems against speed rushers. He can get over-aggressive when run blocking on the move, failing to anticipate where linebackers are headed and leaving himself lunging at them or re-directing to another target. Some will have questions about Williams' grit after he missed a total of eight games over the past two seasons, including seven in 2017 for a knee injury that ultimately did not require surgery, as well as the 2016 clash with UTEP.

COMPARES TO: Hall of Famer Gary Zimmerman, Vikings/Broncos. At 6-6, 294 pounds Zimmerman was not the most imposing offensive lineman in the league during the 80s and 90s but he certainly was among the best, earning a spot on the All-Decade team while splitting his career between Minnesota and Denver. Similarly, there are nits to pick in Williams' game (and no doubt some will) but his quickness, balance and aggressive hands - all traits which stood out with Zimmerman - should make him a longtime standout, as well.

IN OUR VIEW: Williams is a bit of a throwback, showing the power and aggression as a run blocker that scouts covet along with the athleticism, balance and girth to stone pass rushers, projecting as a legitimate NFL left tackle worthy of top 10 consideration.
- Rob Rang 12/16/2017

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Why would Eagles draft a TE when they have DickRod?

why would the Packers draft a corner when they have Williams?

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:24 PM
I love OL highlights that stay with the runner heading to the end zone

red
04-27-2018, 07:26 PM
sucks that we're done for the night

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:26 PM
Packer Report @PackerReport
Alonzo Dotson not concerned about him being a one-year wonder, nor is he concerned about lack of big-time speed. "He's just so smart."

Packer Scout??

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 07:27 PM

I don't think we are. I don't think Gutey wants to make 10 picks tomorrow.

red
04-27-2018, 07:28 PM
bears just traded into the 2nd without having a 2nd or a 3rd

did they just give up a 1st next year?

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 07:28 PM
My only trepidation with Jones is due to the astonishingly bad QBs he faced.

mraynrand
04-27-2018, 07:29 PM

speak for yourself. See you all later...

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:29 PM
Bears, with the Patriots pick, PEANUT!
Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis

STRENGTHS
Galloping route acceleration. Uses head and body fakes to sell post and corner routes. Large catch radius with quick hands to stab-and-stash. Holds a graduate degree in catches along the sideline with his footwork, body control and ball skills. Tracks beautifully over his shoulder, making proper mid-route adjustments to finish. Makes the “wow” catches look routine with his large hands and diving skills, bailing out his quarterback.

Excellent vision as a ballcarrier to turn short catches in long gains. Outstanding toughness and won’t give himself up, fighting for every yard. Competes with an intense edge, which shows both as a blocker and receiver. Leads by example with his work ethic and devotion to getting better – chemistry with his quarterbacks doesn’t happen by accident. Self-confident and bets on himself – walked on at Memphis instead of accepting a FCS scholarship offer. The most productive receiver in Memphis history, setting the all-time school marks for catches, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns – joined Isaac Bruce as the only players in school history to eclipse 1,000 receiving yards in a season. – Dane Brugler 12/12/2017

WEAKNESSES
Ordinary height, build and length. Consistent speed, but lacks explosive gears to get defenders off-balance in coverage. Needs to eliminate the wasted motion in his routes. Sticky hands to make incredible catches, but up-and-down concentration leads to drops – often caught focusing on the looming hit or play after the catch. Returned punts as a junior, but lacks overall experience as a returner (6.9 punt return yards career average). Older prospect and will turn 24 years old during his NFL rookie season. – Dane Brugler 12/12/17

red
04-27-2018, 07:30 PM
I don't think we are. I don't think Gutey wants to make 10 picks tomorrow.

i don't know if we have the ammo

most of those picks are 5th and 7th rounders that aren't really worth shit

the only thing we have with any value is that 1st pick in the 4th, and having the first pick of tomorrow is usually a nice place to be

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:31 PM
Colts Kimoko Turay, DE, Rutgers

…STRENGTHS
Possesses a lean, athletic frame with room for additional muscle mass without sacrificing his trademark quickness and agility. Disproportionately long arms, which allow him to keep would-be blockers at bay and help Turay disengage despite possessing just average upper body strength, at this time. Did show development in his pass rush technique in 2017, showing a quick dip and rip move to complement his speed. Wins as a pass rusher due to his slithery athleticism, showing rare flexibility and agility to avoid blockers and to stalk and close on ball-carriers from behind. An explosive athlete who converts to speed to power, flashing the ability to bull-rush bigger men because his burst has them playing on their heels... Improved awareness and physicality in 2017 as an open-field tackler, using his long arms to lasso ball-carriers (or tip passes and kicks) which would be out of the reach of most defenders. Easy change of direction and acceleration, showing the fluidity to handle coverage duties. Clear untapped potential... -- Rob Rang 12/29/2017

WEAKNESSES
More disruptive than dependable at this point, often creating pressure but rarely actually finishing the play with the tackle for loss or sack. Too many missed tackles with ball-carriers ripping through his grasp due to a lack of upper body and hand strength... Questionable instincts, failing to read screens, draws and other misdirection by simply pinning his ears back and barreling upfield... Plays too high, reinforcing his average strength and too easily being wiped out when run at, occasionally being obliterated by double-teams... Relatively slim shouldered-frame which could limit his ability to add and maintain "good" weight. Shoulders injuries which ruined his 2015-16 seasons require careful examination at the Combine... - Rob Rang 12/29/2017

COMPARES TO: Leonard Floyd, Bears - Like Turay, Floyd is a lean, agile pass rush specialist whose length and freaky athleticism convinced Chicago to invest the No. 9 overall pick in him despite durability concerns and his sack numbers actually decreasing each of his three seasons at Georgia (and never topping more than 6.5). Turay is not likely to earn this early of interest in the 2018 draft but a top 50 selection is possible - and perhaps even likely - if Turay impresses at the Senior Bowl and Combine.

IN OUR VIEW: Turay leaves Rutgers with "just" 15.5 sacks over his career - nearly half (7.5) of which came during his freshman season back in 2014 - but he possesses a rare combination of length and agility which could make him a monster off the edge in the increasingly pass-happy NFL. Based on his struggles with durability and overall production, Turay should earn middle round consideration, at best. He has the raw talent to be special, however, so don't be surprised if he is drafted much earlier.

KYPack
04-27-2018, 07:32 PM
lol

Akers (sp?) is a moron. A week before he missed that field goal vs the Pack, he found out he lost all his money to a swindler.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:33 PM
bears just traded into the 2nd without having a 2nd or a 3rd

did they just give up a 1st next year?

Almost

Dov Kleiman @NFL_DovKleiman
#Patriots get a 2019 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick in 2018 from the Bears for pick 51.

Good trade for the Pats

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:34 PM
Akers (sp?) is a moron. A week before he missed that field goal vs the Pack, he found out he lost all his money to a swindler.

Exactly. At least Drew Pearson is coherent.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:35 PM
TB Bucs, MJ Stewart, UNC, CB

STRENGTHS
Competes with the right mindset for the position. Not tall, but well-put-together. Physical appetite in press and looks to disrupt the rhythm of the route. Turns his head to find the football. Highly aggressive at the catch point. Ball awareness and timing are assets – set the school career record with 47 passes defended. Quick-footed and flexible hip. Efficient drive quickness from off-coverage. Sound, but physical open-field tackler. Lowers his pads and drives through his target, finishing with strong hands. Routinely forces the quarterback to move his feet as a blitzer. Durable and didn’t miss a game the last four seasons because of injury. Experienced at inside and outside cornerback. Stepped in as the main punt returner in 2017, averaging 11.3 yards per return (15/170/0). – Dane Brugler 2/2/2018

WEAKNESSES
Lack of deep speed limits his ability to carry receivers vertically. Can be dusted off the line if he misses his jam. Doesn’t have an extra gear to close ground in pursuit. Too grabby in coverage, looking like a kid in a toy store on a 60-second shopping spree. Physical to the ball, but often overly physical. Not a twitchy mover and will struggle to recover after a misstep. Zero interceptions the past two seasons. Shorter than ideal to match up vs. bigger receivers. Misjudges speed in his pursuit angles. Off-field decision-making will be put under a microscope – charged with misdemeanor assault (along with former teammate Mike Hughes) following a 3 a.m. fight at a fraternity house (Oct. 2015), which left a victim unconscious with a broken nose; he was suspended two games and pled guilty, agreeing to do 100 hours of community service and restitutions. – Dane Brugler 2/2/2018

IN OUR VIEW
Stewart is quicker than fast with natural ball awareness and toughness to see early NFL playing time as a versatile nickel defender, but he will be a flag magnet until he adds more subtlety to his physical play style.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:37 PM
Cincinnati, Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest
Who's Your Mama is back!

STRENGTHS
Instinctive and trusts what he sees. Reads the eyes of the quarterback and sniffs out routes. Click-and-close quickness with a knack for arriving at the right time. Fluid movement skills to make proper adjustments from shadow position. Enough play speed to chase down ballcarriers from behind. Fearless as a downhill defender, taking proper run angles. Doesn’t bypasses tackle attempts like most defenders his size. Low tackler and gets his guy on the ground. Collected six interceptions the past two seasons with 95 interception return yards, averaging 15.8 yards per return with a pair of touchdowns (6/95/2). Experience as a punt returner, averaging 7.9 yards per return (22/173/0). Credits his preparation and film study for his play-making on game day. Takes a big brother approach with younger players and wants to be a future coach. – Dane Brugler 1/14/2018

WEAKNESSES
Lean-limbed and needs to continue and fill out. Lacks ideal bulk or play strength to handle work in the box. Would rather avoid blockers than go through them, lacking the muscle or hand usage to pry through a crowd. Bad habit of waiting on his heels as a run defender. Needs to do a better job squaring his target and wrapping to avoid sliding off tackle attempts. Needs to finish when he gets his hands on the football and should have had more than six interceptions in college. Doesn’t have ideal body armor or growth potential for the position – missed two games as a sophomore due to a knee injury (Oct. 2017). – Dane Brugler 1/14/2018

COMPARES TO: Justin Simmons, Denver Broncos – Although Bates isn’t as physical as a downhill run defender, he competes with the play awareness and decisive reactor to be in position to make plays, similar to Simmons.

IN OUR VIEW: Bates isn’t elite in any one area, but he is well-rounded with the cover instincts, play range and toughness vs. the run to contribute to a NFL secondary. If he can hold up physically, Bates will compete for a starting role within his first few years in the league.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 07:39 PM
Hit edit instead of reply and lost my post. :)

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:40 PM
Panthers, Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

…STRENGTHS
Special speed. Instant accelerator to control spacing with receivers. Stays on the balls of his feet and rarely off balance. Collects his lower body with ease to drive on routes. Velvet feet in his pedal to mirror any type of receiver. Elastic body control to make fluid adjustments on the football. Always ball searching. Innate judgement to adjust and crowd the catch point. Collected 24 passes defended in 24 starts in college. Deadly speed as a blitzer. Tough tackler, striking low with burst to take ballcarriers off their feet. Emotional competitor and never gets bored, working to win the psychological battel with wideouts. Versatile starting experience and was trusted all over the secondary at LSU, logging starts at left and right cornerback, nickelback and free safety – also saw snaps at receiver. Experience as a return man, averaging 21.9 yards on kickoff returns (15/328/0) and 20.5 yards on punt returns (8/164/0). Ran track at LSU, including a personal-best 10.22 in the 100-meter dash at the SEC Relays. – Dane Brugler 2/20/2018

WEAKNESSES
Thin-boned frame with minimal body mass. Lack of height and arm length creates challenges against bigger wideouts. Below average play strength and out-muscled at the top of routes. Undeveloped route anticipation with too much guesswork with his movements. Opens his hips too easily and gets turned around by basic stems. Caught leaning from basic head/body fakes and grabs to recover. Not enough of a playmaker when the ball is in the air. Not an eager run defender with inconsistent results. Overaggressive pursuit angles, allowing the ballcarrier to make a move in the open-field. Questionable discipline with loose cannon tendencies – flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after his middle finger gesture to the opposing crowd at Tennessee (Nov. 2017). Lack of body armor leads to injury concerns in the NFL. – Dane Brugler 2/20/2018

COMPARES TO
Ronald Darby, Philadelphia Eagles – While Darby was a tad bigger, he has above average speed and lower body movement skills like Jackson and both are more athletic freelancers than instinctive cover defenders.

IN OUR VIEW
Play speed is critical for the position and Jackson checks this box with a bold, red sharpie. He is dripping with natural athleticism to click-and-close in a blink, displaying the lower body muscles to spring in any direction. While undersized with undisciplined play style, Jackson has sudden-twitch athleticism to help mask flaws.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:45 PM
Patriots from Tampa Bay
Duke Dawson, CB, Florida

Analysis

STRENGTHS
Possesses a compact frame with the light feet, fluid hips and quick acceleration to handle nickel duties in the NFL. Shows good coordination and balance in press man coverage, marrying a physical initial punch with quick feet to shadow receivers on short and intermediate routes. Sticks in the hip pocket of receivers, showing very good route anticipation and an instinctive feel for coverage, as well as the sharp cuts and explosive downhill burst to undercut receivers. Walks the line between aggressive play and holding, sneaking his hands into opponents to ride them throughout the route but rarely drawing flags from officials. Impressive hand-eye coordination (among defensive backs) to take advantage of tipped passes, showing rare focus and sticky fingers to take advantage of opportunities (see Michigan, Florida State - 2017). Generally reliable open-field tackler who flashes explosive hitting ability when he lowers his shoulder. Characterized as a team-first guy whose passion for teammates made him well-liked and respected in the locker room and with the coaching staff. - Rob Rang 12/21/2017

WEAKNESSES
Possesses an odd build for a modern day cornerback with a short, stocky frame normally associated with a safety or even a running back. Plays bigger than his size but simply lacks the height and arm length to handle the bigger receivers on the outside, too often losing out on jump balls. Quicker than fast, struggling to keep up with receivers on long routes. Flashes explosiveness as a tackler but doesn't use it often enough, resorting to grabbing cloth and dragging down ball-carriers - or worse, getting taken for a ride until teammates help - too often. More than willing to let teammates do the dirty work, only occasionally jumping into the pile or scrapping to rip the ball free when ball-carriers are being held up. - Rob Rang 12/21/2017

COMPARES TO: Jairus Byrd, Panthers. Byrd's instincts and sticky hands made him a star cornerback at Oregon with 17 career interceptions, prompting Buffalo to make him the No. 42 overall pick in 2009. His average speed (4.60) and short, stocky build (5-10, 207) ultimately earned him a switch to safety, where he continued his playmaking ways with stops in New Orleans and currently Carolina.

IN OUR VIEW: Dawson lacks ideal size but he is an opportunistic playmaker whose instincts, quickness and sticky hands make him an intriguing nickel corner or perhaps even a free safety conversion candidate at the next level.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:49 PM
WILLIE BROWN!! Best NFL Films highlight of all!

Raiders, PJ Hall, DT, Sam Houson

Name: P. J. Hall
College: Sam Houston State Number: 92
Height: 6-0 Weight: 308
Position: DT Pos2: DE Class/Draft Year: rSr/2018
40 Low: 4.70 40 Time: 4.76 40 High: 4.85
Projected Round: 3 Stock:
Rated number 9 out of 168 DT's 97 / 2196 TOTAL

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:50 PM
I gotta bail after second round. Will check in if Packers trade back up.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:51 PM
Ian Rapaport @RapSheet
Why is #LSU RB Derrius Guice sliding? Sources describe him as immature, high-maintenance. His visits did not go well. Some incidents in college teams found out about that were not reported.

woodbuck27
04-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Pant Pant Pant :whaa:

Thanks pbmax. :bow:

I thought you disappeared...tried to pick up the Round 2 Picks with zero preparation hahahaha.

It wasn't any fun.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 07:52 PM
WILLIE BROWN!! Best NFL Films highlight of all!

Raiders, PJ Hall, DT, Sam Houson

Name: P. J. Hall
College: Sam Houston State Number: 92
Height: 6-0 Weight: 308
Position: DT Pos2: DE Class/Draft Year: rSr/2018
40 Low: 4.70 40 Time: 4.76 40 High: 4.85
Rated number 9 out of 168 DT's 97 / 2196 TOTAL

This guy had crazy measurables. Then, I watched him against NDSU and he looked terrible. It was the NCAA semifinal game, and the Bison won like 55-13.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:53 PM
Atlanta, Isaiah Oliver, CB Colorado

STRENGTHS
Well-built for the position with the arm length to recover when he finds himself out of position. Patient feet to stay in position and react to receiver movements. Shows bounce in his feet and smooth hips to shadow routes in his transition. Not shy using the sideline as an extra defender. Instinctive ability to judge/attack the catch point (35 passes defended). Ball searches and fights to the ground. Smart angles to the football as a run defender. Standout on all special teams coverages, including averaging 9.5 yards per punt return (19/180/1). Ran track at Colorado and won the 100-meter (10.82), 400-meter (48.15) and long-jump (24-1) at the 2017 Pac-12 Championships. Reliable character and a “phenomenal” person, according to Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre. Productive collegiate resume. Athletic bloodlines – father (Muhammad) was a NCAA track All-American as a decathlete at Oregon and was drafted in the ninth round of the 1992 NFL Draft as a cornerback; uncle (Damon Mays) played wide receiver at Missouri and was a ninth round pick in the 1991 NFL Draft. – Dane Brugler 2/20/2018

WEAKNESSES
Upright pedal and transition. Movements lack suddenness. Enough speed for the position, but doesn’t close ground on routes once beat. Footwork needs cleaned up in/out of route breaks. Delays at the top of patterns and is late driving on throws/plays in front of him. Late to get his head turned and find the football. Not soft, but not the most eager tackler either. Only three career interceptions, an especially low number compared to his passes defended. Missed two games as a junior due to a right leg injury (Oct. 2017). – Dane Brugler 2/20/2018

IN OUR VIEW
Oliver put his name on the NFL radar when scouts arrived in Boulder to see past secondary prospects like Chidobe Awuzie, Ahkello Witherspoon and Tedric Thompson, yet it was #26 who kept making most of the plays. A well-accomplished decathlete in track, he is a balanced athlete with the competitive chops to challenge receivers up and down the field. Overall, quicker receivers will give him trouble, but Oliver is a classic press-man corner in the NFL with the height, length and athleticism to match up with size outside the numbers.

woodbuck27
04-27-2018, 07:53 PM
I gotta bail after second round. Will check in if Packers trade back up.

Buy a hot dog and a Pepsi for whoever picks it up and Round Three. :-)

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:55 PM
Pant Pant Pant :whaa:

Thanks pbmax. :bow:

I thought you disappeared...tried to pick up the Round 2 Picks with zero preparation hahahaha.

It wasn't any fun.

You can post the scouting reports for teh third round, I gotta go soon.

Use this: http://www.draftscout.com/members/search.php

Search last name

Click on players last name for Analysis

pbmax
04-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Washington, Derris Guice, RB, LSU

Analysis

STRENGTHS
Extremely hungry runner with a bull in a china shop style, making him tough to square up. Electric feet to blur defenders with his plant, cut and go movements. Quick to scan, keeping his reads and feet connected. Runs with low pads and conviction. Able to shift into another gear once he finds the open field (set the LSU record for longest run with a 96-yard play in 2016). Much stronger than he looks due to his core strength, throwing stiff arms and wiggling out of tackle attempts. Invites contact and lowers his pads to fight for every inch. Always keep his legs churning. Uses same snap quickness at the top of routes, creating passing windows on screens and outs. Improved awareness in pass protection to handle chips and lower his pads to cut defenders. Only five career fumbles. Averaged 21.7 yards as a kickoff returner (33/695/0). Intense competitor on the field, but also in the weight room. Moved around the offensive formation and often lined up wide, taking jet sweeps and giving the defense various looks. Consistent production with 3,000+ career rushing yards the last three seasons. -- Dane Brugler 12/20/2017

WEAKNESSES
Not a small player, but doesn't have a prototypical NFL build for the position. Over-eagerness leads to inconsistent run tempo. Not a clean runner through congestion, making too much contact with his blockers. Needs to better set up his second-level moves. Always looking for the home run play, getting himself in trouble. Well-liked and motivated individual, but background needs further investigation his older brother (Derrick) has been arrested multiple times and pleaded guilty to aggravated assault with a firearm (May 2017) for his role in a drive-by shooting. Medical reports could influence draft grade suffered a knee injury during preseason camp (Aug. 2017), which plagued him throughout his junior season. -- Dane Brugler 12/20/2017

IN OUR VIEW: Guice has the natural competitive nature and athletic profile that no one in the NFL wants to see in their division. His angry run style leads to durability questions, but he is tougher than tough and projects as a NFL starter with Pro Bowl potential if he stays healthy.

COMPARES TO: Earl Campbell, Houston Oilers. While on the surface they don't appear to be similar due to their body types, Campbell and Guice run with similar violence and power that makes them a chore to finish for defenders. They both have the athleticism to create big plays once they break tackles or clear the first wave.

IN OUR VIEW: Overall, Guice has the natural competitive nature and athletic profile that no one in the NFL wants to see in their division. He needs to find a productive balance between his warrior temperament and self-preservation to stay on the field, but his skill-set projects as a NFL starter with Pro Bowl potential.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 08:00 PM
Steelers, James Washington, WR Oklahoma St.
Another ex-Raven presenter

STRENGTHS
Fantastic finishing skills. Strong hands, wrists and forearms to pluck and win in contested situations – no movement by the ball once it hits his hands. Consistently catches outside his frame. Above average hand-eye coordination and tracking skills to adjust to the ball in flight. Straight-line speed to get behind the defense, averaging 19.7 yards per catch in his career.

Composed along the sideline and has mastered the vertical pattern. Physically strapped together with a thick trunk and strong limbs. Leaping skills to highpoint and secure. Looks like a running back after the catch, running physical and using a powerful stiff arm to bounce off tackle attempts. Reserved, unassuming personality with an instilled work ethic from his parents – considers his mom and dad his two biggest role models. Two-year team captain. Elite production with more receiving yards the last three seasons than any other college player over that time. Didn’t miss a game the last four seasons. – Dane Brugler 12/12/2017

WEAKNESSES
Rudimentary route runner. Tends to drift into his breaks instead of squaring in/out breaking patterns. Needs to sharpen his releases and stem footwork. Undeveloped route tempo and needs to better use various gears to set up defensive backs.
Untested vs. press coverage and lacks jam experience. Only average height and length for the position. Durable career, but missed most of the second half of the Bedlam game due to an ankle injury (Nov. 2017). Offensive system at Oklahoma State helped inflate his production. Minimal special teams experience and wasn’t used as a regular return man. – Dane Brugler 12/12/17

IN OUR VIEW: Although he needs to develop better nuance as a route runner and NFL press coverage will be a new challenge, Washington has the football character and ball skills to contribute early in his NFL career with the ceiling of a solid No. 2 receiving option.

woodbuck27
04-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Finally Derrius Guise LSU FRB and what did they get suddenly on this Guy.

Attitude !?

I had him at about NO. 15 and certainly as a Round 1 Pick.

Some people said he's nearly as solid as Saquon Barkley. He had nearly the TOP Grade at the beginning of Round 2.

gbgary
04-27-2018, 08:03 PM
i like the jackson pick. hope he beats out williams.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Joshua Jackson was a great value. The Packers saw a glaring weakness that needed to be fixed. I am glad Goot decided to get rid of the Thompson mistakes a couple of years ago and fix the issue his way. He pretty much got two 1st round talents.

If King can stay health he will play one outside spot, and if Jackson is ready day one he will start at the outside spot. Alexander will start as the nickel, and Williams will play in the dime package. In with the new out with the old.

Packers should do their best to move up to the third round. I know everyone is panicking about receiver and pass rusher, but the Packers still have 23 million invested in pass rushers in Matthews and Perry. Offensive line can be added in later rounds and receiver should be a consideration with the Packers next pick.

Also Mark Brunnell should stop trying so hard to be Brett Favre.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Jaguars, DJ Chark, WR, LSU
Bruneil just lost money on an LCD investment

STRENGTHS
Offers a tantalizing combination of height and straight-line speed. Possesses an athletic, well-distributed build with long limbs and very strong hands. Rarely pressed at the line of scrimmage out of respect for his speed but shows a good hesitation move and strong, active hands to gain a quick release. Wasn't asked to run a full route tree in this offense but is surprisingly polished as a route-runner, exploding out of his cuts to create easy separation. Generally reliable hands with the ability to pluck outside of his frame as well as corral over his shoulder.

Long arms, flexibility and excellent hand strength to give quarterbacks a huge catch radius. Impressive hand-eye coordination, body control and awareness of the sideline, showing the ability to make late adjustments to deflected passes (see Mississippi State, 2016) and drag both feet to make catches in bounds. Good vision and agility once the ball is in his hands, setting up his blocks well and showing no hesitation to cut through congestion. Physical and competitive, fighting for extra yardage and aggressively pursuing defenders (and looking for others to hit) when blocking for teammates. Voted a team captain in 2017. - Rob Rang 12/21/2017

WEAKNESSES
Does not always look natural catching the ball with too many "easy" drops on tape (see Mississippi State, 2016). Occasionally jumps needlessly as the ball approaches or fails to use proper hand technique, attempting to secure the ball more with his forearms (like a running back taking a handoff) than "creating the spade" with his thumbs and forefingers touching. Does not consistently show the same aggression when fighting for 50-50 balls that he does as a downfield blocker, failing to snare passes at their highest point and too often wilting to contact. Though often put in motion, was rarely asked to run routes over the middle and will likely take some time to adjust if asked to do this in the NFL. - Rob Rang 12/21/2017

COMPARES TO
Torrey Smith, Philadelphia Eagles - Chark has a taller, leaner frame than the 6-1, 205 pound Smith but his value as a premier deep threat remains the same. Like Smith, Chark will enter the NFL needing development in some of the finer points of the position but his size, raw athleticism and experience against elite competition suggest that he could develop into a formidable weapon on the perimeter and return game.

IN OUR VIEW:In terms of the size-speed-strength factor that most scouts value over statistics, Chark is the most intriguing senior receiver in the 2018 NFL draft. As his meager career totals suggest, Chark lacks polish but he offers immediate big play potential as a perimeter receiver and punt returner with the athletic upside to develop into a longtime starter.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2018, 08:07 PM
Finally Derrius Guise LSU FRB and what did they get suddenly on this Guy.

Attitude !?

I had him at about NO. 15 and certainly as a Round 1 Pick.

Some people said he's nearly as solid as Saquon Barkley. He had nearly the TOP Grade at the beginning of Round 2.

NFL network said that he had attitude problem when teams brought him in. He showed up late and missed flights.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 08:08 PM
Vikings, Brian O'Neil, OL, Pittsburgh

STRENGTHS
NFL-level athleticism. Balanced pass-sets with flexible hips. Controlled, agile feet to stay between rusher and quarterback in space. Will make mistakes, but body control and short-area movements allow him to quickly recover. Easy puller and seals outside run lanes. Quick to punch-and-climb, taking out second-level defenders. Runs edge rushers wide of the pocket. Uses his body to leverage run lanes. Eager, stubborn hands, latching and undressing defenders. Drives his legs to uproot defenders as a run blocker. Graduated with a degree in finance (Dec. 2017). Added 75+ pounds since high school and dedicated himself to packing on the pounds. Athletic bloodlines – father (Brendan) was a running back at Dartmouth and his mother (Elizabeth) was a swimmer collegiately. Durable and started 37 straight games to finish his career with experience at both left and right tackle. – Dane Brugler 1/10/2018

WEAKNESSES
Only three years of experience as an offensive lineman. Play strength needs continued development. Only average length and frame appears maxed out. Technique is a work-in-progress, displaying several bad habits like ducking his head and lunging. Pads and hips tend to rise off the snap. Wide hands, allowing rushers to get inside his frame and bully him backwards. Needs to do a better job locking out and sitting in his stance to maintain spacing. Inconsistent body angles in pass pro. Doesn’t always match the power or nasty of defensive linemen. – Dane Brugler 1/10/2018

COMPARES TO: Lane Johnson, Philadelphia Eagles – O’Neill doesn’t quite have the same athleticism or frame that made Johnson a top-five pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, but he isn’t far off and has taken a similar path, making the switch to offensive tackle after high school.

IN OUR VIEW: O’Neill needs to continue and improve his mechanics and play strength to reach his potential, but his balanced athleticism and body rhythm are a great place to start, allowing him to neutralize different types of rushers off the edge. With only three years of experience at tackle, he still has plenty of room to improve, projecting as a future NFL starter.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2018, 08:09 PM
Minnesota is having a great draft

pbmax
04-27-2018, 08:12 PM
Tampa Bay, Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

STRENGTHS
Davis possesses the long, athletic frame scouts crave in an outside cornerback, including terrific height, broad shoulders, long arms, loose hips and light feet. He uses his long arms and strong hands to deliver a forceful initial jam of receivers at the line of scrimmage, disrupting their release and the timing with the quarterback. Davis possesses the fluid hips to turn and run with receivers, using his size and physical nature to rub them closer to the sideline, providing little room for quarterbacks to squeeze the ball. Davis? long arms and good hand-eye coordination allow him to snake his hand in as the ball arrives, ripping the ball free at the last second. Davis is an alert, physical defender who recognizes and attacks quick screens and runs to his direction, fighting his way through blocks to get involved. He does not hesitate in lowering his shoulder and delivering a strike to ball-carriers, exploding through his hips to create impressive force as a tackler for his position. Davis does not rely upon colliding power, however, using his long arms to lasso ball-carriers attempting to run past him. Durable performer with just one game missed over 38 career games, including 32 starts over the past three seasons. ? Rob Rang 12/18/2017

WEAKNESSES
A bit quick to open up his hips, too often allowing receivers an inside release. Possesses a high-cut build and his long legs leave him vulnerable to ultra-shifty smaller receivers, likely limiting Davis to the perimeter or boundary cornerback positions and not inside at nickel... Could do a better job of getting involved in run support rather than just focusing on his primary responsibility, averaging just nine assisted tackles over the regular season from 2016-17? Does not possess ideal hands for the interception, recording ?just? four picks of 29 passes defensed over 38 career games (not including the 2017 Peach Bowl). Davis' one interception in 2017 came on a tipped pass (Missouri). Comes with some character red-flags as he (and three other Auburn players) were arrested and charged with misdemeanor drug charges involving marijuana in May, 2016? Caught on camera flipping off the Texas A&M players/crowd (2017) after getting called for pass interference -- Rob Rang 12/18/2017

COMPARES TO: Hall of Famer Mel Blount, Steelers. Though he has a long way to go as a pass-catcher to ever evoke comparisons to Blount as a ball-hawk, Like the imposing 6-3, 205 pound Steelers? great, Davis has the size, speed and physical nature which make him a tough draw for any receiver and a potential headache waiting to happen for other ball-carriers running in his direction.

IN OUR VIEW: Long and athletic, Davis is at his best up close in man to man coverage, showing the aggressive hands to latch onto receivers and disrupt their timing, as well as the smooth hip turn, acceleration and quick throttle-down to blanket in coverage. These cover skills, along with a penchant for big hits and reliable open-field tackling likely will result in a first round selection.

woodbuck27
04-27-2018, 08:13 PM
ALL there at the Start of ROUND 3

Justin Reid
STANFORD
- S - Junior 6.06

Maurice Hurst
MICHIGAN
- DT - Senior 5.94

Rasheem Green
USC
- DE - Junior 5.88

Tim Settle
VIRGINIA TECH
- DT - r-Junior 5.86

Deon Cain
CLEMSON
- WR - Junior 5.86

Lorenzo Carter
GEORGIA
- EDGE - Senior 5.85

Tarvarius Moore
SOUTHERN MISS
- S - Senior 5.83

Harrison Phillips
STANFORD
- DT - Senior 5.83

Ronnie Harrison
ALABAMA
- S - Junior 5.82

Ian Thomas
INDIANA
- TE - Senior 5.82

Sam Hubbard
OHIO ST.
- DE - Junior 5.82

pbmax
04-27-2018, 08:14 PM
Colts from Browns, Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State

STRENGTHS
Filled-out frame with a broad chest and thick trunk. Drops his hips, extends his reach and bullies blockers. Technically sound hands to work off contact. Flashes power in his upper body to press blockers from his rush lane. Shuts down creases in the run game with initial momentum. Makes his target feel it when he arrives, forcing five fumbles the last two seasons. Student of the game and works hard to hone his craft. Graduated with a degree in sociology (Dec. 2016). Two-year team captain with top-notch intangibles and toughness that will earn him points with NFL coaches. Steady production as a three-year starter, finishing top-five all-time in Ohio State history with 23.5 sacks. Experienced lining up all over the defensive line. – Dane Brugler 1/21/2018

WEAKNESSES
Tightly-wound with average-at-best flexibility. Lacks twitchy burst or bend to make sharp turns around the corner. Charges at blockers without a coordinated rush plan. Labors in pursuit. Too content ending up where the blocker wants. Late to leverage the point of attack. Slow to see plays develop and routinely loses outside contain. Inconsistent finisher once he reaches the backfield. Tackle and sack production declined since his sophomore season. – Dane Brugler 1/21/2018

COMPARES TO: Adrian Clayborn, Atlanta Falcons – Lewis doesn’t have the same NFL ceiling as Clayborn, but he has the well-rounded skill-set and toughness that mirrors the veteran defensive end.

IN OUR VIEW: Lewis isn’t a dynamic rush threat, which lowers his ceiling as a NFL player, but he competes with the technique, toughness and character to play in the NFL for a long time.

woodbuck27
04-27-2018, 08:17 PM
All there at the start of ROUND 3.

Martinas Rankin
MISSISSIPPI ST.
- C - Senior 5.76

Joseph Noteboom
TCU
- OT - Senior 5.75

Orlando Brown
OKLAHOMA
- OT - r-Junior 5.74

Mark Andrews
OKLAHOMA
- TE - r-Junior 5.74

Derrick Nnadi
FLORIDA ST.
- DT - Senior 5.74

Will Richardson
N.C. STATE
- OT - r-Junior 5.73

Da'shawn Hand
ALABAMA
- DE - Senior 5.73

Kyzir White
WEST VIRGINIA
- S - - 5.73

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Well Chris Canty just messed up Lorenzo Carter's college, he was just on a youtube show about smoking weed in the nfl.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 08:24 PM

Funny because they picked two guys that I wasn't that high on. I've already said that O'Neill reminds of Jason Spriggs. Uber athletic, but his tape isn't very good. I had Hughes below Jackson on my rankings.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 08:25 PM
Well Chris Canty just messed up Lorenzo Carter's college, he was just on a youtube show about smoking weed in the nfl.

I was really hoping Carter would drop far enough that we could trade back up and get him.

woodbuck27
04-27-2018, 08:28 PM
What a shame.

DL Maurice Hurst and I thought he's be a very possible Round 1 Pick and it's been announced is off the Boards OFF all 32 NFL Teams Draft Boards.

MAURICE HURST, MICHIGAN - DT

Prospect Grade = 5.94

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/maurice-hurst?id=32462018-0002-5598-8798-e46b4c7bd5a7

woodbuck27
04-27-2018, 08:36 PM
There goes the last Guy I really liked and Safety Justin Reid is off the Board.

Round 3 PICK NO. 4 (68)

JUSTIN REID - STANFORD - S

He is smart and he is instinctive. Justin Reid is a guy that can make your defense better I think on day one.Mike Mayock

Prospect Grade = 6.06

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/justin-reid?id=32462018-0002-5601-9880-2ac673bf0eed

What remains as the Highest Graded Safeties?

Player Arrow in down directionStatus Position Team Class Grade

Minkah Fitzpatrick
ALABAMA
Rnd 1, Pick 11 S Miami Dolphins Junior 6.19

Tarvarius Moore
SOUTHERN MISS
- S - Senior 5.83

Ronnie Harrison
ALABAMA
- S - Junior 5.82

Kyzir White
WEST VIRGINIA
- S - - 5.73

bobblehead
04-27-2018, 08:38 PM
Joshua Jackson was a great value. The Packers saw a glaring weakness that needed to be fixed. I am glad Goot decided to get rid of the Thompson mistakes a couple of years ago and fix the issue his way. He pretty much got two 1st round talents.

If King can stay health he will play one outside spot, and if Jackson is ready day one he will start at the outside spot. Alexander will start as the nickel, and Williams will play in the dime package. In with the new out with the old.

Packers should do their best to move up to the third round. I know everyone is panicking about receiver and pass rusher, but the Packers still have 23 million invested in pass rushers in Matthews and Perry. Offensive line can be added in later rounds and receiver should be a consideration with the Packers next pick.

Also Mark Brunnell should stop trying so hard to be Brett Favre.

3 first round talents if you count the Saints 2019 first.

ND72
04-27-2018, 08:38 PM
I know I"m late here...but I like the Josh Jackson pick. Kids were watching a movie so I was watching draft on the app....and literally as packers pick came in, app died. missed the next 10 picks.

Imagine if we finally get some DB's to work. If Alexander, Jackson, & King all pan out, with Dix & Jones at Safety.....damn we'll finally have a future in our DB's. What's nice also this year is we have Williams and House to groom these guys and help them grow into professionals. I'm pretty excited about this.

I'm still expecting GB to try to get back into the 3rd round, but we shall see.

woodbuck27
04-27-2018, 08:39 PM

I was thinking that too.

woodbuck27
04-27-2018, 08:41 PM
NFL network said that he had attitude problem when teams brought him in. He showed up late and missed flights.

Thanks.

Washington needed a RB.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 08:46 PM
What did Maurice Hurst do wrong? Major slide.

ND72
04-27-2018, 08:48 PM
I hate the guest announcers.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 08:55 PM
What did Maurice Hurst do wrong? Major slide.

I think it's mainly injury concerns.

beveaux1
04-27-2018, 08:57 PM

Heart problems.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 08:58 PM

Actually turns out he's the guy who couldn't work put at the Combine due to an undiagnosed heart condition. Hurst was cleared for his Pro Day though.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 09:06 PM
After trading our 3rd for a 1st next year (which I liked), I really wish we hadn't gone CB-CB to start this draft. Too many needs. Would have liked to use a high pick on another position. The cupboard is starting to get bare. I would have felt better if we'd would have been able to trade up back into early round 3 territory, but any trade up from 4.1 isn't going to net us much position now.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 09:11 PM
After trading our 3rd for a 1st next year (which I liked), I really wish we hadn't gone CB-CB to start this draft. Too many needs. Would have liked to use a high pick on another position. The cupboard is starting to get bare. I would have felt better if we'd would have been able to trade up back into early round 3 territory, but any trade up from 4.1 isn't going to net us much position now.

Panthers have 2 3rd round picks coming up. That's where I thought Packers might make a move.

Bretsky
04-27-2018, 09:11 PM

THIS

pittstang5
04-27-2018, 09:19 PM
Looks like Pack is on the clock

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 09:20 PM
Packers on the clock.

Bretsky
04-27-2018, 09:21 PM
ARDEN KEY IS OFF THE BOARD

ANY EDGE GUYS LEFT ANYBODY LOVES ??

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 09:21 PM
Josh Sweat?

Bretsky
04-27-2018, 09:22 PM
BRAD JONES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> THIS PICK IS CURSED !!!!!!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 09:23 PM
ARDEN KEY IS OFF THE BOARD

ANY EDGE GUYS LEFT ANYBODY LOVES ??

I think Arden Key is overrated -- even without the character concerns.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 09:24 PM
Oren Burks, Packers

Name: Oren Burks
College: Vanderbilt Number: 20
Height: 6-3 Weight: 233
Position: OLB Pos2: ILB Class/Draft Year: rSr/2018
40 Low: 4.50 40 Time: 4.59 40 High: 4.68
Rated number 10 out of 148 OLB's 95 / 2196 TOTAL

2017 Season

Starting at a new position for the third straight year, the versatile Burks enjoyed his finest statistical season as a senior defensive co-captain... Started 11 of 12 games at inside linebacker after playing hybrid linebacker-safety position in 2016... As senior, set new personal highs with 45 solo tackles and 82 total tackles... Both tackle totals ranked second on team behind safety LaDarius Wiley... Ranked No. 15 in the SEC in total tackles... Also registered seven tackles for loss, a quarterback sack, interception and fumble recovery, and four defensed passes... Also bettered previous single-game tackle total on two occasions, topped by 15-tackle performance at Florida and 12-tackle effort vs. Kentucky... Contributed at least four tackles in 10 of 12 games... Registered season-high seven unassisted stops and fumble recovery against Kentucky.... Interception came in victory over Alabama A&M... Concluded career with 40 starts in 45 appearances... After last appearance as Commodore, ranked as the team's active leader in several defensive statistical categories, including 237 total tackles, 136 solo tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss and five interceptions... Off the field, Burks was under consideration for the Senior CLASS award.

Kid is probably very bright:

Personal

Oren Spencer Burks... Son of Orlanda and Wanda Burks... Born March 21, 1995... A younger sister, Whitney, is a standout softball player at Stanford... Dad works as senior system engineer; mom works as program operations manager... Burks completed undergraduate degree in Human & Organizational Development after fall 2017 semester... An active leader on campus, Burks served the 2016-17 calendar year as president of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) and as a football team representative to SAAC the previous year... He also co-founded and coordinated events last year for campus organization Revitalizing & Empowering Vanderbilt's African-American Male Population (REVAMP)... Also volunteers time with Project Safe on-campus organization... Named to 2016 Allstate-AFCA NCAA FBS National Good Works Team and was finalist for 2017 Wooden Citizenship Cup Award... Voted finalist for Vanderbilt's campus-wide Outstanding Senior Award... Focus on national story in NCAA Champions magazine this summer... Represented teammates at SEC Media Days in 2016 and 2017... Voted as Mr. Commodore Award recipient in May 2017 by fellow Vanderbilt student-athletes.

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 09:24 PM
Oren Burks
Outside linebacker
SCHOOL: VANDERBILT | CONFERENCE: SEC
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-3 / 233 | 40: 4.59 | DRAFT YR:2018
Rankings
GRADE
PROJECTED ROUND
3rd
Bio:
Four-year starter who played a different positions in each of his final three seasons at Vanderbilt. Made 82 tackles (seven for loss) with one interception, one sack and three pass breakups as an inside linebacker in 2017. Posted 59 tackles (6.5 for loss), one interception, three sacks, one forced fumble and six PBUs as a junior while playing a hybrid linebacker/safety role. Played free safety in 2015 and led the team with three interceptions while recording 59 tackles, one forced fumble and six pass breakups. Started seven games as a redshirt freshman and made 37 tackles with a team-high seven PBUs.
Pos:
Athletic run-and-chase linebacker with an underrated game. Fluid, covers a lot of area on the field and shows speed laterally. Quickly gets out to the sidelines in pursuit, flies around the action and sells out to make tackles. Forceful upfield on the blitz, nicely redirects to the ball carrier and gives effort against the run. Leads by example and has shown consistent progress.
Neg:
Lacks great bulk and strength. Handled by blockers and engulfed at the point. Does not consistently bring ball carriers down at the point of contact. Occasionally misreads the action.
Analysis:
Formerly a defensive back, Burks nicely made the transition to linebacker and has shown continual improvement. He offers adequate size and growth potential and is a multi-scheme linebacker with potential as a three-down defender.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 09:26 PM
This draft has gone south in a hurry for me. They trade up for a guy I had rated as a 4th-5th round talent. The guy has awesome measurables, but he had some of the worst tackling skills at LB that I watched this year. He's also a WLB -- which isn't a high value position to me.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 09:26 PM
BRAD JONES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> THIS PICK IS CURSED !!!!!!!!!!!

He did mention the 13 NFL Championships which Kramer forgot. So he did that right.

But where did they find him?

pbmax
04-27-2018, 09:27 PM
I can't see him surviving at OLB in a 3-4, even a 3-4 hybrid. He has to play off the ball, doesn't he?

You stick him in there to replace Ryan and put some speed off the ball.

beveaux1
04-27-2018, 09:28 PM
What did we trade for this pick?

beveaux1
04-27-2018, 09:28 PM
I think he’s an ILB.

Bretsky
04-27-2018, 09:29 PM
I DIDN"T REALLY WANT A PICK IN ROUND 3; THIS IS CURSED FOR GREEN BAY

Think of all the shit picks we made in round 3 over the past five years. We should just avoid the wrong.

When was our last good one ? I can think of Burnett...seems like we've drafted a whole lotta crap.

No Need IMO to trade up for that guy

pbmax
04-27-2018, 09:30 PM
Oren Burks
Outside linebacker
SCHOOL: VANDERBILT | CONFERENCE: SEC
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-3 / 233 | 40: 4.59 | DRAFT YR:2018
Rankings
GRADE
PROJECTED ROUND
3rd
Bio:
Four-year starter who played a different positions in each of his final three seasons at Vanderbilt. Made 82 tackles (seven for loss) with one interception, one sack and three pass breakups as an inside linebacker in 2017. Posted 59 tackles (6.5 for loss), one interception, three sacks, one forced fumble and six PBUs as a junior while playing a hybrid linebacker/safety role. Played free safety in 2015 and led the team with three interceptions while recording 59 tackles, one forced fumble and six pass breakups. Started seven games as a redshirt freshman and made 37 tackles with a team-high seven PBUs.
Pos:
Athletic run-and-chase linebacker with an underrated game. Fluid, covers a lot of area on the field and shows speed laterally. Quickly gets out to the sidelines in pursuit, flies around the action and sells out to make tackles. Forceful upfield on the blitz, nicely redirects to the ball carrier and gives effort against the run. Leads by example and has shown consistent progress.
Neg:
Lacks great bulk and strength. Handled by blockers and engulfed at the point. Does not consistently bring ball carriers down at the point of contact. Occasionally misreads the action.
Analysis:
Formerly a defensive back, Burks nicely made the transition to linebacker and has shown continual improvement. He offers adequate size and growth potential and is a multi-scheme linebacker with potential as a three-down defender.

Where did you get that?

Joemailman
04-27-2018, 09:31 PM
Gutey will trade 4 round pick (101 from Cleveland), 5th round pick (138), and 6th round pick (174), for Carolina's second 3rd round pick (88).

Well, I was close. He traded both 4th's for the 88th pick.

Maxie the Taxi
04-27-2018, 09:32 PM
I can't see him surviving at OLB in a 3-4, even a 3-4 hybrid. He has to play off the ball, doesn't he?

You stick him in there to replace Ryan and put some speed off the ball.Looks like another pick to cover TT pick Ryan.

Joemailman
Where did you get that?

http://draftanalyst.com/oren-burks

HarveyWallbangers
I would have rather had the guy that just went to New Orleans, Tre'Quan Smith, or a handful of other WRs. This was the spot to find value at WR. Deon Cain, ESB, Smith, DaeSean Hamilton would have all been good value there at a bigger need position.

Can we bring back some of the scouts that we've lost over the years?

Bretsky

Brilliant

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 09:33 PM

You stick him in there to replace Ryan and put some speed off the ball.

He's not an OLB. He's a weakside ILB in a 3-4.

pbmax
04-27-2018, 09:33 PM
Looks like another pick to cover TT pick Ryan.

He can't be there for 3 downs unless you go 4-3 and he plays Will like harv said.

Almost more likely that he plays safety. He started as a DB. Dime linebacker basically. The new Joe Thomas.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 09:34 PM

Yuck! To move up 13 spots to overdraft an ILB.

beveaux1
Is this the highest draft choice used on an ILB since Hawk?

pbmax
He's not an OLB. He's a weakside ILB in a 3-4.

I can't see him surviving, but Pettine's scheme might look different.

Bretsky
you sure we gave up two 4ths for a 3rd ? That seems to be a fleecing. Horrible value .

It seems both the NFL Network and ESPN has no highlights of him; from what I see he has not been highlighted at all

Fritz
04-27-2018, 09:35 PM
What did we trade for this pick?

Too much, whatever it was. This was a shit pick.

Very "meh" first draft fot Gutey.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 09:36 PM
He can't be there for 3 downs unless you go 4-3 and he plays Will like harv said.

Almost more likely that he plays safety. He started as a DB. Dime linebacker basically. The new Joe Thomas.

Yes. A taller Joe Thomas -- which wouldn't be bad, but to use two 4th round picks on it is questionable to me. It's almost like they convinced themselves they had to move up into the 3rd round with all of their extra picks.

I wish they could have traded up a little further for Michael Gallup.

esoxx
04-27-2018, 09:36 PM
Yuck! To move up 13 spots to overdraft an ILB.

Sorry to say but this was a Shermanesque type draft move. Not good.

pittstang5
04-27-2018, 09:37 PM
Both 4ths? Not impressed at all with these choices

Maxie the Taxi
04-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Yes. A taller Joe Thomas -- which wouldn't be bad, but to use two 4th round picks on it is questionable to me. It's almost like they convinced themselves they had to move up into the 3rd round with all of their extra picks.

I wish they could have traded up a little further for Michael Gallup.+1

pbmax
04-27-2018, 09:38 PM
I love hating the draft again. Gives me good vibes of Rodgers and Collins picks long past.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2018, 09:39 PM
Remember though, the guys I'm high on usually stink and the guys I don't like usually rock -- except for Nick Collins. I was the first on his bandwagon. I will say that Burks testing numbers were off the charts. As good as Shaquem Griffin did at the combine, Burks was a better athlete at the combine. Best athletic numbers for any OLB at the combine--except for maybe Matthew Thomas. Watch his tape though. He is not a good tackler.

Bretsky
04-27-2018, 09:40 PM
I was pissed the moment I realized that was Brad Justaguy Milliondollar Thanksted LB Jones out there.

Bretsky
04-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Remember though, the guys I'm high on usually stink and the guys I don't like usually rock -- except for Nick Collins. I was the first on his bandwagon. I will say that Burks testing numbers were off the charts. As good as Shaquem Griffin did at the combine, Burks was a better athlete at the combine. Best athletic numbers for any OLB at the combine--except for maybe Matthew Thomas. Watch his tape though. He is not a good tackler.

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

Who Fleeced us on that deal ?

Move up 13 for two fourths is insanity

Sparkey
04-27-2018, 09:42 PM
Both 4ths? Not impressed at all with these choices

It was picks 101 and 147 they traded. Their 1st 4th and second 5th.

pittstang5
04-27-2018, 09:43 PM
heard it was the 4th and a 5th. 101 & 147

Joemailman

I wish they could have traded up a little further for Michael Gallup.

FWIW, trade value chart has Packers ahead on the trade. They have 4 5th's tomorrow. I think they'll use a couple to move into the 4th.

Bretsky

holy crap was there value in round two at CB.