View Full Version : 2018 Packers Sixth Round Pick Equanimeous St. Brown

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:15 PM
THE PICK: EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN, WR, NOTRE DAME
HT: 6-5 WT: 214 40-yard dash: 4.48

Nicknames: EQ, the Equalizer, Equanimity, ESB, ESP, EST, Bert

Projected Round: 2-3
Stock: Rated number 7 out of 318 WR's, 67 / 2196 TOTAL

Rumors: NFLDraftScout thinks he's the seventh best WR and a 2-3 round selection. So I can only conclude that he may have punched a coach.

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:15 PM
STRENGTHS
Body beautiful with a long, athletic frame and room to grow. Easy acceleration into his routes. Flashes a second gear to create separation on vertical patterns. Controlled-strider with smooth movements mid-route. Drops his hips well for a player his size. Uses his long arms to snare throws. Looks to catch the ball with his hands and away from his body. Climbs the ladder and makes fluid mid-air adjustments on the football. Resides in the weight room as the son of a certified trainer and former two-time Mr. Universe and three-time Mr. World bodybuilder – started weight-training with his father at the age of five. Started every game the past two seasons and plays through minor injuries. Confident and worldly personality. – Dane Brugler 1/10/2018

WEAKNESSES
Lean-muscled and lacks ideal bulk. Too easily redirect and knocked off his route path. Doesn’t consistently attack the middle of the field with focus, bracing early for possible contact. Looks to run or protect himself prior to securing the catch, leading to drops. Not comfortable in a crowd with inconsistent results in contested situations. Not a tackle-breaker, limiting his YAC opportunities. Doesn’t set up cornerbacks in his routes and lacks polish. Lack of body armor leads to durability concerns – suffered a shoulder injury (Nov. 2015) in practice that required surgery, missing the final four games of his first season. – Dane Brugler 1/10/2018

COMPARES TO: DeVante Parker, Miami Dolphins – St. Brown likely won’t be a top-20 draft pick like Parker, but the raw size, speed, strength numbers are similar with the quick hands to snare throws. Although Parker hasn’t exactly lived up to his draft slot, there are no denying the traits and that is why teams will be encouraged by St. Brown.

IN OUR VIEW: St. Brown is a lean, long and rangy receiver, who needs to develop his polish and play strength, but displays the vertical speed and athletic profile to be a threat at all three levels of the defense. His production fell off in 2017 due to Notre Dame’s inconsistent passing attack, but his encouraging traits and potential are worth of a top-100 selection.

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryZMtXb-nmQ

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkPJ8HK6qHo

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:17 PM
Film Breakdown by Waldman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQsRXp2EWSA

ND72
04-28-2018, 04:18 PM
I don't get how this guy dropped, but projections are projections and we don't know how boards work. But man we are drafting TALL, FAST, wide receivers.

pbmax
Every catch over 10 yards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5HGRez9HrI

pbmax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijPRl4_Us2o

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvbMX6ygoys

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:24 PM
Had a knee issue this offseason.

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6046
Weight: 214

PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.48
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.45
20 Yard (ET): 2.59
20 Yard (HH): 2.45
10 Yard (ET): 1.54
10 Yard (HH): 1.52

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:
No Full Workout-Knee

PRO DAY
Dates: 03/22/18
Hand: 09 3/4 Arm: 33
Wingspan: 78 7/8

Height: 6046
Weight: 214

40 Yard Dash (HH):
20 Yard (HH):
10 Yard (HH):

225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:40 PM
Fantasy Footballer breaks him down:

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/reception-perception-hard-to-find-the-faults-in-equanimeous-st-browns-game/?udk=mharmon25

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:45 PM
Packer Report @PackerReport
St. Brown is "real excited" to join Rodgers. "It's definitely going to be a great time."

St. Brown on the WR competition: Only makes you better, especially me, so I'm not worried about it.

St. Brown said he lived in Paris when in fifth grade; spent summers in Germany up until high school.

pbmax
04-28-2018, 04:46 PM
They are running out of steam down at Packer Media HQ

QUICK TAKE (Tom Silverstein): Had his best year when he was playing with DeShone Kizer in '16. QB play suffered in '17 and his numbers went down... One thing the Packers don't have to worry about is finding someone to change light bulbs around here with that wide receiver group.

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2018, 06:06 PM
I wonder if he could put some meat on his bones and move to TE in a year or two or three.

George Cumby
04-28-2018, 07:22 PM
PFW says he has motivation issues. I hope that’s just their take and not reality.

woodbuck27
04-28-2018, 08:12 PM
I wonder if he could put some meat on his bones and move to TE in a year or two or three.

That was exactly my thought. He's the NEW Tight End Project:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8mv1Bg84ZUs/maxresdefault.jpg

EQUANIMEOUS 'Slow Down' !

woodbuck27
04-28-2018, 08:13 PM
PFW says he has motivation issues. I hope that’s just their take and not reality.

No...NO NO !

Look at Post # 16 and he looks plenty motivated to me !

Fritz
04-28-2018, 09:32 PM
STRENGTHS
Body beautiful with a long, athletic frame and room to grow. Easy acceleration into his routes. Flashes a second gear to create separation on vertical patterns. Controlled-strider with smooth movements mid-route. Drops his hips well for a player his size. Uses his long arms to snare throws. Looks to catch the ball with his hands and away from his body. Climbs the ladder and makes fluid mid-air adjustments on the football. Resides in the weight room as the son of a certified trainer and former two-time Mr. Universe and three-time Mr. World bodybuilder – started weight-training with his father at the age of five. Started every game the past two seasons and plays through minor injuries. Confident and worldly personality. – Dane Brugler 1/10/2018

WEAKNESSES
Lean-muscled and lacks ideal bulk. Too easily redirect and knocked off his route path. Doesn’t consistently attack the middle of the field with focus, bracing early for possible contact. Looks to run or protect himself prior to securing the catch, leading to drops. Not comfortable in a crowd with inconsistent results in contested situations. Not a tackle-breaker, limiting his YAC opportunities. Doesn’t set up cornerbacks in his routes and lacks polish. Lack of body armor leads to durability concerns – suffered a shoulder injury (Nov. 2015) in practice that required surgery, missing the final four games of his first season. – Dane Brugler 1/10/2018

COMPARES TO: DeVante Parker, Miami Dolphins – St. Brown likely won’t be a top-20 draft pick like Parker, but the raw size, speed, strength numbers are similar with the quick hands to snare throws. Although Parker hasn’t exactly lived up to his draft slot, there are no denying the traits and that is why teams will be encouraged by St. Brown.

IN OUR VIEW: St. Brown is a lean, long and rangy receiver, who needs to develop his polish and play strength, but displays the vertical speed and athletic profile to be a threat at all three levels of the defense. His production fell off in 2017 due to Notre Dame’s inconsistent passing attack, but his encouraging traits and potential are worth of a top-100 selection.

A poor man's James Lofton. Handles himself with Equanimity.

gbgary
04-28-2018, 10:48 PM
PFW says he has motivation issues.

wants to know "why." millennials

Brandon494
04-29-2018, 06:33 AM
Love the pick, 3rd round talent at the end of the 6th is always great. Kid has all the talent, just needs to put in the work now. Love how they drafted three tall deep threats for Rodgers. Depending on who makes the cut we might have the tallest WR core in the league this upcoming season.

Fritz
04-29-2018, 07:30 AM
I choose Equinimity St. Brown as my random favorite draft pick. Dude's gonna be a star.

Pugger
04-29-2018, 08:43 AM
I don't know how good he's gonna be (I hope he is great) but you can't beat his name!

pbmax
04-29-2018, 08:43 AM
I choose Equinimity St. Brown as my random favorite draft pick. Dude's gonna be a star.

My wife buys a lotion with Equanimity St. Brown extract in it. Keeps her calm and focused.

Pugger
04-29-2018, 09:03 AM
My wife buys a lotion with Equanimity St. Brown extract in it. Keeps her calm and focused.

I could use some of that... :lol:

pbmax
04-29-2018, 09:14 AM
h/t to Brandon

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db5hzEtX0AAVeq7?format=jpg

pbmax
04-30-2018, 10:17 AM
Bad cut and paste: see below

GBPG:

LOWDOWN: Big, physical receiver who was ultra-productive in final two college seasons. Exceeded 60 catches and 1,000 yards as junior and senior, combining for 18 touchdown receptions in the two seasons. Averaged more than 16 yards per catch each year. Benched 21 reps at combine. Followed a disappointing 4.60 40 at the combine with 4.49 at his pro day. Impressive jumping ability, his 38-inch vertical leap ranked fourth among receivers at the combine. Arms are 32 7/8 inches, hands 9 3/8 inches. I think he plays closer to what he ran at his pro day. “He plays fast,” college scouting director Jon-Eric Sullivan said. “I think we had him at 4.49 at his pro day. When you watch him come off the ball, he can close space, close the cushion. He’s got a really natural, pretty gait. We were not concerned with his play speed at all, and when he ran that 4.49 at his pro day that kind of solidified what we saw on film.” Too often hunted the big play in college, leading to issues with drops. Dropped 12 passes as a junior. Temporarily lost his starting job that season because of drops. Quickly regained job, and drops were not an issue in his senior season. “I have to learn how to humble my eyes,” Moore said. “That’s how I’ll say it. I have to learn how to humble them. Because a lot of the problems I had was, I dropped easy balls. Which you’re not supposed to drop. It’s me trying to do something with the ball before I even have it in my hands, or me trying to figure out where the ball is coming before I can get it all the way in. it’s just something I’ve had to work on, something I’ve developed and something I work on every time I go out and work on my craft. So that’s a small hiccup that I’m over.” - Ryan Wood

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2018, 10:43 AM
GBPG:

LOWDOWN: Big, physical receiver who was ultra-productive in final two college seasons. Exceeded 60 catches and 1,000 yards as junior and senior, combining for 18 touchdown receptions in the two seasons. Averaged more than 16 yards per catch each year. Benched 21 reps at combine. Followed a disappointing 4.60 40 at the combine with 4.49 at his pro day. Impressive jumping ability, his 38-inch vertical leap ranked fourth among receivers at the combine. Arms are 32 7/8 inches, hands 9 3/8 inches. I think he plays closer to what he ran at his pro day. “He plays fast,” college scouting director Jon-Eric Sullivan said. “I think we had him at 4.49 at his pro day. When you watch him come off the ball, he can close space, close the cushion. He’s got a really natural, pretty gait. We were not concerned with his play speed at all, and when he ran that 4.49 at his pro day that kind of solidified what we saw on film.” Too often hunted the big play in college, leading to issues with drops. Dropped 12 passes as a junior. Temporarily lost his starting job that season because of drops. Quickly regained job, and drops were not an issue in his senior season. “I have to learn how to humble my eyes,” Moore said. “That’s how I’ll say it. I have to learn how to humble them. Because a lot of the problems I had was, I dropped easy balls. Which you’re not supposed to drop. It’s me trying to do something with the ball before I even have it in my hands, or me trying to figure out where the ball is coming before I can get it all the way in. it’s just something I’ve had to work on, something I’ve developed and something I work on every time I go out and work on my craft. So that’s a small hiccup that I’m over.” - Ryan Wood

Wrong guy :)

mraynrand
04-30-2018, 11:10 AM
... lotion with Equanimity St. Brown extract in it.

this sounds very wrong

pbmax
04-30-2018, 11:36 AM
Wrong guy :)

LOWDOWN: Tall and long receiver with room to add more weight. Ran impressive 4.48 40 at combine. Slipped to sixth round Saturday after saying NFL draft advisory board gave him a fourth-round grade. “I expected to go higher,” he said. “I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed." Former college teammate of Packers backup quarterback DeShone Kizer. Caught 58 passes for 961 yards and nine touchdowns in 2016, his lone season as full-time starter with Kizer. Production dipped to 33 catches for 515 yards and four touchdowns last season. One of three receivers Packers drafted Saturday. “Competition only makes you better,” St. Brown said. “Especially me. So I’m not worried about it. It comes with the game.” - Ryan Wood

MadScientist
04-30-2018, 03:36 PM
Has there been any reaction from Kizer about this pick? I would have expected some positive comment from him about drafting ESB, given they were teammates just two years ago when they both had good years.

run pMc
04-30-2018, 04:41 PM
Kizer tweeted that he was excited to have EQ join the team and claimed they drafted a real talent.

run pMc
04-30-2018, 04:48 PM
I'm no scout, but I thought he ran decent routes for a college WR in what was supposedly a pro-style offense, so he has some semblence of route running and discipline already.

There's a knock he's a little soft, but I'd play him outside and put Cobb in the slot. Put him in motion to help him beat press. My guess is he's a kid who has trouble keeping the weight on, especially if his dad's a trainer...6'5" 218 is a little lean. I do think he'll get bigger/stronger in a NFL program. Guys that big who run just under 4.5 with experience (and production with a decent QB) aren't common. I think he has as good a chance as any to stick on the roster and help replace Jordy.

I liked the pick.

Patler
04-30-2018, 05:51 PM
From his Notre Dame bio:

Father John Brown was a two-time Mr. Universe and three-time Mr. World in weight-lifting

Edit: I see this tidbit was already in pb's write up.

Joemailman
04-30-2018, 08:05 PM

PFW is run by Bear fans.