PDA

View Full Version : More BEARS @ PACKERS Pre-Game News.

woodbuck27
09-09-2006, 09:37 PM
The HAWK Is Set TO Fly

AJ Hawk will be a fixture in the base defense, the nickel defense alongside Barnett and in various other packages.

"Obviously, right now I feel a lot more comfortable than when I first got in here," Hawk said.

"I feel good. The whole defense feels confident going into this game."

AJ Hawk has spent enough time alongside Barnett in the 4-2 defense that blown assignments shouldn’t be a problem, according to Barnett.

"We got a lot of work on it this week and a lot of work last week,"

Barnett . . . "So he’s real good at it. Sometimes I line him up. Sometimes they tell me. It’s just kind of that communication thing."

Other Stuff.

Mike McCarthy, on the visit by WR Koren Robinson last Sunday:

"Ted (Thompson) just wanted to bring him in and talk to him. That's kind of where we left it."

Sunday will be a Special Day in Packer History.

The Packers think this is the first time in their history they've started two rookies at guard in any game.

Guards Jason Spitz and Tony Moll will become the first pair of rookies to start at guard on opening day since Cincinnati's Ken Blackman and Rod Jones in 1996.

San Diego in 2004 was the last NFL OL to have two rookies starting in an opener.

Also, since the merger in 1970, the GB Packers have never started more than three rookies on opening day. Besides the two guards, Green Bay is scheduled to start AJ Hawk and WR Greg Jennings.

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !