PDA

View Full Version : Blade of My Blade, Grade of My Grade

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2018, 10:35 AM
A swift, "midget" corner. A tall, fast receiver. Not too many fat guys. A punter. An Al Harris-clone. Fuck yeah, Gutenkunst is just like his guru preceptor. And said guru ain't Todd. I'm barking about the only GM in NFL history who has NEVER missed the playoffs as GM (minimum 4 seasons).

Draft grade: A

Round/Player/Comment

1. J-Alex: Fast. Lacks ideal size, but has heart of Tyrion Lannister. Cocky, has shutdown potential. Could be dangerous as a punter returner. Calvin Ridley would've looked good in the Green and Gold.

2. J-Jax: Unfortunately, a sloth. Currently a poor man's Al Harris. Once he masters the game, could be an Al Harris-clone. Harris was a favorite Packer of mine, but I'd rather pair J-Alex with Donte Jackson.

3. Burks: Failed to showcase beast mode at the collegiate level. Soft? Not a shutdown backer, but has some coverage ability. For the love of Green and Gold, quit comparing Burks to Joe Fucking Thomas! Joe T was 5'3", a sloth, an abomination, and even a LT.

4. J'Mon: 4.6 40? WTF? That's slower than that sloth 'Rollins in the Deep'. An upgrade over Allison, also a sloth. Needs to stay away from guns. Last time Pack drafted a WR in the 4th, he became a gun-loving ruffian shortly after the draft, and was released in training camp.

5. Madison: A fat guy, but a poor man's Sitton nonetheless.

5. John Kimball: The last time the Packers drafted a punter, they made the playoffs. Jon Ryan was cut by some incompetent polar bear10 years ago, and Packers are still searching for his replacement today.

5. MVS: 6-4, 4.3 40. What monstrous deed did this guy commit in college to deserve the drop into the 5th? Kneel? Trust me, MVS is gonna be awesome. Speed is awesome in real life and on Madden.

6. Eqauanimeous: McCarthy recently proclaimed that he loves tall wide outs. Then why the fuck wasn't Janis on the field? McCarthy never gave Janis a fair chance.

7. Looney: Who? Who gives a fuck?

7. Bradley: Long snapper with some tight end skills. John Holmes used to long snap into tight ends, too. :smk:

7: Donnerson: Practice squad candidate.

Overview: This draft proves that the German Shepherd is more like Mike Sherman than Ted Thompson.

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2018, 10:52 AM
I liked Mike Sherman. The grading I saw on ESPN or wherever it was gave the two Corners A's - as they should, but it was mostly downhill from there. I'm thinking positive about Burks - as a OLB, not ILB. Sooner or later, Donnerson too. I woulda not drafted 3 WRs, but it seems like the 3 they got are good, better, and best in that order. Bulk up St. Brown (patron saint of fill in the blank) and make him a TE in a couple years.

I agree with every word you said about JKS, especially the part about Ryan.

Looney just might make the team as a back up D Lineman or at least practice squad. Even he has impressive measurables.

Good analysis/Good new GM - IMO.

smuggler
04-29-2018, 11:02 AM
Why bother with the ignorant Jon Ryan narrative any longer? Jon Ryan sucked for us, and Masthay was better for 2-3 years after he departed. The fact that Ryan developed into the better player eventually doesn't mean ditching him was the wrong play.

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2018, 11:14 AM
5. John Kimball: The last time the Packers drafted a punter, they made the playoffs. Jon Ryan was cut by some incompetent polar bear10 years ago, and Packers are still searching for his replacement today.

Can you say "Ray Guy" homie? And dat's a fak, Jack. Praise da Lord!

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2018, 11:23 AM
I liked Mike Sherman. The grading I saw on ESPN or wherever it was gave the two Corners A's - as they should, but it was mostly downhill from there. I'm thinking positive about Burks - as a OLB, not ILB. Sooner or later, Donnerson too. I woulda not drafted 3 WRs, but it seems like the 3 they got are good, better, and best in that order. Bulk up St. Brown (patron saint of fill in the blank) and make him a TE in a couple years.

I agree with every word you said about JKS, especially the part about Ryan.

Looney just might make the team as a back up D Lineman or at least practice squad. Even he has impressive measurables.

Good analysis/Good new GM - IMO.

Valdes-Scantling is, at least I'm hoping, gonna end up being better and more productive than the other two WR picks. The guy is even faster than Janis. Plus, he's black, and we all know A-Rod only trusts black WRs (other than the former #87). I'm mean, that's the only logical explanation for why sloth Allison played over Janis.

With MVS in the fold, we all better hit a bomb shelter, cos, the O is about to start bombing hapless defenses into the abyss of oblivion. :)

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2018, 11:29 AM
Why bother with the ignorant Jon Ryan narrative any longer? Jon Ryan sucked for us, and Masthay was better for 2-3 years after he departed. The fact that Ryan developed into the better player eventually doesn't mean ditching him was the wrong play.

The only thing ignorant is the notion that Ryan sucked as a Packer. Ryan had a strong leg, was consistent, and was athletic enough to carry the rock on fake punts. The ST coach at that time had a thing for Frost. Thompson incompetently conceded to the coach. The rest is motherfucking history.

red
04-29-2018, 11:37 AM
Can you say "Ray Guy" homie? And dat's a fak, Jack. Praise da Lord!

bj sanders, also a ray guy winner

George Cumby
04-29-2018, 12:09 PM
Bj Sander.

pbmax
04-29-2018, 12:11 PM
The only thing ignorant is the notion that Ryan sucked as a Packer. Ryan had a strong leg, was consistent, and was athletic enough to carry the rock on fake punts. The ST coach at that time had a thing for Frost. Thompson incompetently conceded to the coach. The rest is motherfucking history.

He couldn't get direction or hang time and would occasionally just launch the ball line drive 60 yards in a fit.

He was anything but consistent. Better than Frost, but not consistent. He continued to get dinged in Seattle for being a meathead and continuing to compromise his coverage with poorly placed kicks.

That said, he could run and tackle like he was a linebacker and should be admired for those traits. But like Wayne Simmons, consistency wasn't his best feature.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2018, 12:42 PM
He couldn't get direction or hang time and would occasionally just launch the ball line drive 60 yards in a fit.

He was anything but consistent. Better than Frost, but not consistent. He continued to get dinged in Seattle for being a meathead and continuing to compromise his coverage with poorly placed kicks.

That said, he could run and tackle like he was a linebacker and should be admired for those traits. But like Wayne Simmons, consistency wasn't his best feature.

You are obviously biased. Ryan’s career speaks for itself. No mother of inconsistency would ever last 10 years in the NFL.

I’ve personally witnessed Ryan punt in person. His punts were/are beautiful.

mraynrand
04-29-2018, 12:52 PM
You are obviously biased.

yeah, so are you.

BTW, everyone, stop bringing up Ray Guy. There is but one Ray Guy, and he will never be matched, nor will anyone even come close. He was the punting patriarch, a phenom of foot kicks, King of the Koffin Korner; it was literally hang time halcyon in Oakland when he barraged beleaguered ballers with ballistic bombardments. And his balls weren't even over-inflated.

pbmax
04-29-2018, 12:53 PM
You are obviously biased. Ryan’s career speaks for itself. No mother of inconsistency would ever last 10 years in the NFL.

I’ve personally witnessed Ryan punt in person. His punts were/are beautiful.

You make a mistake in assuming that a young player does not get better.

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2018, 01:45 PM
yeah, so are you.

BTW, everyone, stop bringing up Ray Guy. There is but one Ray Guy, and he will never be matched, nor will anyone even come close. He was the punting patriarch, a phenom of foot kicks, King of the Koffin Korner; it was literally hang time halcyon in Oakland when he barraged beleaguered ballers with ballistic bombardments. And his balls weren't even over-inflated.I can bring up Ray Guy anytime I want. BaWaaaahahaha. Stretch is gonna be as good as the next Guy.

woodbuck27
04-29-2018, 03:14 PM
A swift, "midget" corner. A tall, fast receiver. Not too many fat guys. A punter. An Al Harris-clone. Fuck yeah, Gutenkunst is just like his guru preceptor. And said guru ain't Todd. I'm barking about the only GM in NFL history who has NEVER missed the playoffs as GM (minimum 4 seasons).

Draft grade: A

Round/Player/Comment

1. J-Alex: Fast. Lacks ideal size, but has heart of Tyrion Lannister. Cocky, has shutdown potential. Could be dangerous as a punter returner. Calvin Ridley would've looked good in the Green and Gold.

2. J-Jax: Unfortunately, a sloth. Currently a poor man's Al Harris. Once he masters the game, could be an Al Harris-clone. Harris was a favorite Packer of mine, but I'd rather pair J-Alex with Donte Jackson.

3. Burks: Failed to showcase beast mode at the collegiate level. Soft? Not a shutdown backer, but has some coverage ability. For the love of Green and Gold, quit comparing Burks to Joe Fucking Thomas! Joe T was 5'3", a sloth, an abomination, and even a LT.

4. J'Mon: 4.6 40? WTF? That's slower than that sloth 'Rollins in the Deep'. An upgrade over Allison, also a sloth. Needs to stay away from guns. Last time Pack drafted a WR in the 4th, he became a gun-loving ruffian shortly after the draft, and was released in training camp.

5. Madison: A fat guy, but a poor man's Sitton nonetheless.

5. MVS: 6-4, 4.3 40. What monstrous deed did this guy commit in college to deserve the drop into the 5th? Kneel? Trust me, MVS is gonna be awesome. Speed is awesome in real life and on Madden.

6. Eqauanimeous: McCarthy recently proclaimed that he loves tall wide outs. Then why the fuck wasn't Janis on the field? McCarthy never gave Janis a fair chance.

7. Looney: Who? Who gives a fuck?

7. Bradley: Long snapper with some tight end skills. John Holmes used to long snap into tight ends, too. :smk:

7: Donnerson: Practice squad candidate.

Overview: This draft proves that the German Shepherd is more like Mike Sherman than Ted Thompson.

A CLASSIC Post TANK.

Are you growing? :laugh:

It seems to me as I read this analysis that anything not TT and the Draft automatically gets an " A' Grade from you.

Personally I felt this performance by Brian Gutekunst is easily deemed sloppy.

He gets a Fail by me as he allowed 'ALL WORLD' LBer Tremaine Edmunds be denied as a GREEN BAY PACKER...after that it's not deemed as smart and allowing Safety Derwin James to again be denied as a Green Bay Packer.

Whats better?

Tremaine Edmunds - GRADE = 7.17 (and stay with CB, Joshua Jackson) and likely Oren Burks - Grade 5.46 or a lot better Graded Prospect at Pick No. 101 AND a solid 5.7 Graded Prospect at surrendered Pick NO. 147 Overall? That's Four Prospects Drafted !

OR

What he did get and CB Jaire Alexander (Grade 6.03) and Joshua Jackson and Oren Burks.

I'm not at all down with Packer GM Brain Gutekunst and his first draft. I see it as Rookie nerves and errors all over the Board and Draft Picks by the Packers.

It's in FINAL Analysis what it always gets to and me about 4 days to a week after the Draft and 'It simply is what it is'.

Another weak yell and :

GO PACK GO !

As my Maternal Grandfather Eldon Alonzo BELL often said:

" That man (fella) doesn't have the brains to blow powder in HELL ! " :idea:

Zool
04-29-2018, 03:28 PM
Well there’s 60 seconds I can’t ever get back.

mraynrand
04-29-2018, 03:38 PM
Well there’s 60 seconds I can’t ever get back.

Stop complaining and go wash Ray Guy's balls

Zool
04-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Stop complaining and go wash Ray Guy's balls

Done. Now what do I do?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-30-2018, 09:49 AM
A CLASSIC Post TANK.

Are you growing? :laugh:

It seems to me as I read this analysis that anything not TT and the Draft automatically gets an " A' Grade from you.

Personally I felt this performance by Brian Gutekunst is easily deemed sloppy.

He gets a Fail by me as he allowed 'ALL WORLD' LBer Tremaine Edmunds be denied as a GREEN BAY PACKER...after that it's not deemed as smart and allowing Safety Derwin James to again be denied as a Green Bay Packer.

Whats better?

Tremaine Edmunds - GRADE = 7.17 (and stay with CB, Joshua Jackson) and likely Oren Burks - Grade 5.46 or a lot better Graded Prospect at Pick No. 101 AND a solid 5.7 Graded Prospect at surrendered Pick NO. 147 Overall? That's Four Prospects Drafted !

OR

What he did get and CB Jaire Alexander (Grade 6.03) and Joshua Jackson and Oren Burks.

I'm not at all down with Packer GM Brain Gutekunst and his first draft. I see it as Rookie nerves and errors all over the Board and Draft Picks by the Packers.

It's in FINAL Analysis what it always gets to and me about 4 days to a week after the Draft and 'It simply is what it is'.

Another weak yell and :

GO PACK GO !

As my Maternal Grandfather Eldon Alonzo BELL often said:

" That man (fella) doesn't have the brains to blow powder in HELL ! " :idea:

Seems like all the elite QBs nowadays are armed with a quick release. Von Miller could be rushing opposite Mack, and TB12 would still be able to get the rock out before the the two of them could even smell Brady's expensive cologne. Thus, a formula exists for neutralizing rushers, even elite rushers.

Having good cover corners force the QB to hold onto the rock a tad longer. Sometimes another second is more than enough for an average pass rush to impregnate the trench.

I ain't too worried 'bout the Pack's pass rush. I think the Claymaker is still elite. Perry is overpaid, but he's not an abomination. The pass rush will be a'rite so long as Claymaker and Perry toughen out their inevitable injuries. :)

Anti-Polar Bear
04-30-2018, 09:56 AM
You make a mistake in assuming that a young player does not get better.

You're suggesting that the Packers gave up on Ryan prematurely? In 2 seasons in the Green and Gold, minus the tornado Chicago game, Ryan was spectacular at best and solid at worst. And Todd cut Ryan for Frost. Incompetent.

mraynrand
04-30-2018, 10:13 AM
Seems like all the elite QBs nowadays are armed with a quick release. Von Miller could be rushing opposite Mack, and TB12 would still be able to get the rock out before the the two of them could even smell Brady's expensive cologne. Thus, a formula exists for neutralizing rushers, even elite rushers.

Having good cover corners force the QB to hold onto the rock a tad longer. Sometimes another second is more than enough for an average pass rush to impregnate the trench.

I ain't too worried 'bout the Pack's pass rush. I think the Claymaker is still elite. Perry is overpaid, but he's not an abomination. The pass rush will be a'rite so long as Claymaker and Perry toughen out their inevitable injuries. :)

good post

pbmax
04-30-2018, 10:27 AM
You're suggesting that the Packers gave up on Ryan prematurely? In 2 seasons in the Green and Gold, minus the tornado Chicago game, Ryan was spectacular at best and solid at worst. And Todd cut Ryan for Frost. Incompetent.

At worst he burned his own punt team.

But yes, he was released prematurely. It was dumb. But he was fine not All World; zero Pro Bowls, zero All Pro. Didn't get this fixed until Masthay solidified things.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-30-2018, 10:37 AM
At worst he burned his own punt team.

But yes, he was released prematurely. It was dumb. But he was fine not All World; zero Pro Bowls, zero All Pro. Didn't get this fixed until Masthay solidified things.

Masthay wasn't a good punter. Definitely not Ryan good. In fact, none of the bums Todd brought in to replace Ryan were.

Any brave soul wanna list all the punters Todd brought in to replace Ryan, including the TC legs?