PDA

View Full Version : Sum Total of Gutekunst's Trades

Patler
04-30-2018, 04:04 PM
I did this routinely during the Sherman years, ran a tally of his trades during the draft, canceling picks acquired that were immediately traded away in a subsequent deal.

In the end, this is what Gutekunst did this year:

Picks traded: #14, #76, #101, #186
Picks received #18, #88, #248 and a 2019 1st round pick.

Looking at the various trade value charts, the 1st round pick next year cost the Packers the equivalent of a lower middle third or upper lower third 2nd round pick in this years draft.

RashanGary
04-30-2018, 05:43 PM
I did this routinely during the Sherman years, ran a tally of his trades during the draft, canceling picks acquired that were immediately traded away in a subsequent deal.

In the end, this is what Gutekunst did this year:

Picks traded: #14, #76, #101, #186
Picks received #18, #88, #248 and a 2019 1st round pick.

Looking at the various trade value charts, the 1st round pick next year cost the Packers the equivalent of a lower middle third or upper lower third 2nd round pick in this years draft.

And if the saints tank it looks even better!

red
04-30-2018, 06:42 PM
what the hell is an upper lower middle quadrant?

Cheesehead Craig
04-30-2018, 08:26 PM

This belongs in the deep thoughts thread

hoosier
04-30-2018, 08:43 PM
Bunghole

Patler
05-01-2018, 11:21 AM

Who wrote "upper lower middle quadrant"?

What I did write was; "lower middle third or upper lower third"
How difficult is that to understand? Look at the round as having top, middle and bottom portions. What GB gave up is in the area of the bottom of the middle portion and the top of the bottom portion.

red
05-01-2018, 11:28 AM
Oh I’m just giving you shit

I did have to read it a couple times though to figure it out

Guiness
05-01-2018, 11:29 AM

How difficult is that to understand? Look at the round as having top, middle and bottom portions. What GB gave up is in the area of the bottom of the middle portion and the top of the bottom portion.

Ice for your drink?

I had to draw a chart - I don't think you can put the words "upper lower third 2nd" in a row and have a reasonable expectation it will be easily understood! :mrgreen:

Freak Out
05-01-2018, 11:47 AM
And if the saints tank it looks even better!

They are a pretty good team so that's not very likely.

Patler
05-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Ice for your drink?

I had to draw a chart - I don't think you can put the words "upper lower third 2nd" in a row and have a reasonable expectation it will be easily understood! :mrgreen:

Duly noted. It's not what I write but how I write it that is important on this website these days.

Lesson learned.

MadScientist
05-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Ice for your drink?

Duly noted. It's not what I write but how I write it that is important on this website these days.

Lesson learned.

Limits on parsing the English language. If it were math you could just add enough parenthesis to get the order correct however your statement would look like:
(((lower (middle third)) or ((upper (lower third))) 2nd round pick.

Or you could have said they traded roughly the equivalent of the 20th pick in the second round of this draft for NO's 2019 #1.

Not bad, but not a fleecing unless NO collapses this year.

I'm going to be rooting against the Saints every game this year except the one against the Vikings.

mraynrand
05-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Lesson learned.

Don't you dare change a thing. You're a Packerrats living legend for a reason.

George Cumby
05-01-2018, 05:29 PM

Lesson learned.

Try writing voluminous quantities of sheer drivel in wildly varying fonts and text colors. Intersperse random, noncontextual stock images, preferably with watermark present. See if that works better for you.

woodbuck27
05-01-2018, 09:29 PM

So ...a Round Two Pick at NO.17 to 23.

KYPack
05-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Thanks for parsing that stuff out, P

Now I hope our #1 next season is a 32. And the Saints pick is top 5!

This next year looks like it will be a transition year. Teams like Tenn, Tampa, maybe Oakland could finally make a jump.

A NO team could really lose it with one key injury.

(Not that I'd sink to that level of scumbaggery and root for an injury)

mraynrand
05-02-2018, 08:19 AM
Try writing voluminous quantities of sheer drivel in wildly varying fonts and text colors. Intersperse random, noncontextual stock images, preferably with watermark present. See if that works better for you.

load up a single thread with fifty videos. And crunches - throw in 2-6 thousand crunches.

George Cumby
05-02-2018, 09:31 AM
load up a single thread with fifty videos. And crunches - throw in 2-6 thousand crunches.

Don’t forget to oil your abs.