PDA

View Full Version : Why the Packers will win this year

Tony Oday
07-13-2018, 12:59 PM
We fired Dom Capers.

The End

Anti-Polar Bear
07-13-2018, 01:43 PM
Actually, the reason is, Todd was demoted.

red
07-13-2018, 03:57 PM
we still have huge holes in pass rush and o-line that were not addressed this offseason

we're one missed block on the right side of our line from being a 2 win team

Joemailman
07-13-2018, 04:32 PM
we still have huge holes in pass rush and o-line that were not addressed this offseason

The offensive line will be fine. Rodgers got hurt last year because he held onto the ball for 6 seconds. Not because somebody blew a block. McCray was pretty good last year bouncing around from position to position. He should be better now that he can settle at RG. Gutey signed Byron Bell as insurance in case Bulaga isn't ready and in case Spriggs isn't good.

mraynrand
07-13-2018, 10:00 PM

:) Sweet!

Fritz
07-14-2018, 08:05 AM
We fired Dom Capers.

The End

Aaron Rodgers.

The end.

Tony Oday
07-14-2018, 08:54 AM
Aaron Rodgers.

The end.
Smart

The End

pbmax
07-14-2018, 12:50 PM

That's been true for quite some time. Its happened once.

red
07-14-2018, 09:07 PM
That's been true for quite some time. Its happened once.

twice

pbmax
07-15-2018, 11:08 AM
twice

Shenanigans. In 2014, Flynn tied the Vikings, then beat the Falcons and the Cowboys. He also scored 31 versus the Steelers while the defense was playing hide and seek.

Doesn't translate to a 2 win team.

RashanGary
07-15-2018, 01:48 PM
Aaron Rodgers was 8-8 in his first season. And the packers planned for him the whole off season. So he came into the best possible situation.

Hundly got thrown into an offense designed for Rodgers in the middle of the year. Not ideal at all.

Rodgers was much better in his second and third seasons. Hundley will be better. I would predict 8-8 without Rodgers all year.

Joemailman
07-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Aaron Rodgers was 8-8 in his first season. And the packers planned for him the whole off season. So he came into the best possible situation.

Hundly got thrown into an offense designed for Rodgers in the middle of the year. Not ideal at all.

Rodgers was much better in his second and third seasons. Hundley will be better. I would predict 8-8 without Rodgers all year.

Rodgers was 6-10 his first season as a starter. Hundley proved to be surprisingly inaccurate on any throws over 15 yards. I'm not sure he's very good. If Hundley had to start this season, things would probably go better for 2 reasons. First, the defense will probably be better. Second, the Packers now probably have a better handle on what Hundley's weaknesses are. At any rate, Kizer is more talented and will probably be the backup.

Zool
07-16-2018, 12:39 AM
He also locked on to single short routes often and had happy feet. Any pressure and he was running, though his runs were far and away his best plays.

He was a dumpster fire.

Tony Oday
07-16-2018, 07:15 AM
He also locked on to single short routes often and had happy feet. Any pressure and he was running, though his runs were far and away his best plays.

He was a dumpster fire.
That's an insult to dumpster fires.

mraynrand
07-16-2018, 07:29 AM
That's an insult to dumpster fires.

Dumpster fires get a bad name. Some of them can be quite spectacular and positive.

red
07-16-2018, 09:13 AM
Shenanigans. In 2014, Flynn tied the Vikings, then beat the Falcons and the Cowboys. He also scored 31 versus the Steelers while the defense was playing hide and seek.

Doesn't translate to a 2 win team.

i think i meant that we lost a-rod twice now to major injuries

he's not freakishly indestructible like favre somehow was. one bad hit and we are a terrible team (based on us being a terrible team last year and not improving the team that much IMO)

Tony Oday
07-16-2018, 10:46 AM
This is a positive thread you damn rats!

I think Tramontana goes to the Pro Bowl this year.

mraynrand
07-16-2018, 11:04 AM

Of course he will! Absolutely no question about it. Tickets are available.

Upnorth
07-16-2018, 01:33 PM

I think Casey Hayward will invite him as a guest

Zool
07-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Maybe Hyde and Hayward will start a "former Packer DBs who are all better now" club.

pbmax
07-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Maybe Hyde and Hayward will start a "former Packer DBs who are all better now" club.

At this rate, Hayward will be back with the team in 3 years. Hyde in four.

mraynrand
07-16-2018, 03:43 PM

I hope Shields (for his sake) is in the club.

red
07-16-2018, 04:50 PM
I hope Shields (for his sake) is in the club.

i hope for his sake he realizes early on that making a comeback was a bad idea for his short and long term health

Joemailman
07-16-2018, 05:41 PM

No he won't. He'll be getting ready to play in the Super Bowl.

gbgary
07-20-2018, 10:08 AM
yes...they WILL have a winning record.

Rutnstrut
07-20-2018, 05:06 PM
i hope for his sake he realizes early on that making a comeback was a bad idea for his short and long term health

I doubt Shields is any more likely to have a career ending head injury than Adams.

Joemailman
07-20-2018, 05:17 PM
I doubt Shields is any more likely to have a career ending head injury than Adams.

I disagree. Sam seems prone to concussions. Gets them fairly easily. Adams has been unlucky. He was the victim of 2 vicious cheapshots that probably would have given most guys a concussion.

Rutnstrut
07-20-2018, 05:29 PM
I disagree. Sam seems prone to concussions. Gets them fairly easily. Adams has been unlucky. He was the victim of 2 vicious cheapshots that probably would have given most guys a concussion.

Adams was definitely the recipient of a couple of cheap shots last year. But didn't he have a concussion history before that?

Tony Oday
07-21-2018, 09:42 AM
No he won't. He'll be getting ready to play in the Super Bowl.

Didnt say he would play there ;)

Pugger
07-24-2018, 08:23 AM
yes...they WILL have a winning record.

You wouldn't think so if you read this thread...