PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING MANNING'S TD PASSES IN A SEASON

Radagast
07-18-2018, 10:30 PM
Peyton Manning holds the NFL record with 51 TD passes in a season. Aaron Rodgers may just pass that this season. Many pieces of a great puzzle must fall into place for this to happen. The O-Line must protect Rodgers, the WRs will need to elevate their level of play and provide more open targets, run blocking on sweeps will have to get better, and Jimmy Graham will have to be the ALL-PRO that I know he can be.

It will also require a running attack that can keep opposing defences honest. Additionally, GB will need more possession time for the offense to average 3+ TDs per reg. season game. Pursuing this record as a goal, could I believe, get the Packers to another SB Victory.

:pack:

Patler
07-19-2018, 06:47 AM
Peyton Manning holds the NFL record with 51 TD passes in a season.

Isn't it 55?

mraynrand
07-19-2018, 06:57 AM
I'd be happy with 31 passing TDs if the defense holds the opposition to 16.

pbmax
07-19-2018, 07:38 AM
The better the running attack, the fewer the TDs. Keeping teams honest will just subtract chances to score a passing TD.

And given all the stated conditions, it seems much more likely that he won't touch the record this year.

Would also help if the defense played like last year.

No thanks.

Radagast
07-19-2018, 09:33 AM
More research, beyond GOOGLE, show that Peyton Manning threw for 55 TDs as the 2013 QB for the Denver Broncos. Also that season Denver rushed for a team total of 1873 yards. Knowshon Moreno led the Broncos that season with 1038 Rushing yards.

A team's rushing attack can thrive with a passing dominated attack.

George Cumby
07-19-2018, 02:43 PM

+1

Rutnstrut
07-19-2018, 09:12 PM

That and Rodgers staying healthy is what I am really hoping for. I could care less about records except the for the wins at the end of the season. That said IF he did break Peyton's record. It would probably mean he played every game, which is what they really need.

Cheesehead Craig
07-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Peyton Manning holds the NFL record with 51 TD passes in a season. Aaron Rodgers may just pass that this season. Many pieces of a great puzzle must fall into place for this to happen. The O-Line must protect Rodgers, the WRs will need to elevate their level of play and provide more open targets, run blocking on sweeps will have to get better, and Jimmy Graham will have to be the ALL-PRO that I know he can be.

It will also require a running attack that can keep opposing defences honest. Additionally, GB will need more possession time for the offense to average 3+ TDs per reg. season game. Pursuing this record as a goal, could I believe, get the Packers to another SB Victory.

:pack:
So if they have a historically great offense, they'll win the SB. That's a hot take.

QBME
07-20-2018, 03:38 PM
More research, beyond GOOGLE, show that Peyton Manning threw for 55 TDs as the 2013 QB for the Denver Broncos. Also that season Denver rushed for a team total of 1873 yards. Knowshon Moreno led the Broncos that season with 1038 Rushing yards.

A team's rushing attack can thrive with a passing dominated attack.

Stop yelling!

Or maybe a visit to an ophthalmologist is in order??

Joemailman
07-20-2018, 04:56 PM
So if they have a historically great offense, they'll win the SB. That's a hot take.

Maybe the wrong take. In 2011 the Packers led the NFL in scoring, but couldn't win a playoff game. The last 2 times the Packers have won the Super Bowl, their defense has been ranked higher than their offense.

Radagast
07-20-2018, 11:07 PM
Stop yelling!

Or maybe a visit to an ophthalmologist is in order??

You sound intimidated by larger print, maybe a visit to a Psychologist is in order?? Perhaps an anger management group.

Also, I agree with Joemailman. Defense could make the difference.

mraynrand
07-21-2018, 07:02 AM
You sound intimidated by larger print,

lol

RashanGary
07-21-2018, 11:43 AM
Rodgers is 10th on the all time td passing list. Seems like it happened overnight. I’m getting old.

texaspackerbacker
07-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Yeah, time sure flies.

Just five more seasons averaging 46 TD passes and he passes Peyton. He should roar past and beat Peyton by a couple hundred.

The real competition maybe Philip Rivers - just two years older and 29 TDs ahead of Rodgers, and Matt Ryan - a year and a half younger and 53 behind Rodgers.

Patler
07-23-2018, 01:41 PM
The real competition maybe Philip Rivers - just two years older and 29 TDs ahead of Rodgers, and Matt Ryan - a year and a half younger and 53 behind Rodgers.

Phillips is 29 TDs ahead of Rodgers but has played almost three full seasons worth of games (47 games) more than Rodgers. Ryan has played 9 more games than Rodgers. That's the most impressive aspect of Rodgers' career numbers, he has played only 149 games. Going down the list of TD leaders, the first one with fewer games played than Rodgers is Matt Stafford at #31, with 125 games played and 216 TD passes. Most in the top 30 have played 200 games and more.