View Full Version : Official 2018 Training Camp Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

pbmax
08-27-2018, 03:00 PM
might just land him on IR

FIFY

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Remember the year they cut Sitton, Lane Taylor looked pretty shitty in the preseason. Yet they trusted him to start, and he did pretty well.

Don't know what this means, except maybe there is a backup on that offensive line who is better than we think. Just maybe when the line collectively sucks there can be an individual in there who is better than it looks.

straw - grasp it!

RashanGary
08-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Larry McCarren had a clip on packers.com showing Kenny Clark tossing around pro bowl interior lineman from Oakland. Mike D is healthy. Oh man, I can’t wait to see those two together. This is probably Clark’s first year of his prime and Mike Daniels last year of his. It could be one of those truly special tandems that changes the game! How do you block two stars side by side? It’s so hard! And up the middle is the is the toughest place to get pressure! Can’t wait!!

Rutnstrut
08-27-2018, 10:17 PM
Gotta love the guys on here that think the Packers O-line is good. The only good players on the Oline are Linsley and Bak. This is yet another key area ignored by the brain trusts in GB.

Pugger
08-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Gotta love the guys on here that think the Packers O-line is good. The only good players on the Oline are Linsley and Bak. This is yet another key area ignored by the brain trusts in GB.

When healthy Bulaga is a fine tackle. The biggest problem with the line is depth. The backups are pretty dreadful.

mraynrand
08-28-2018, 08:17 AM
I'm still gonna predict that if (when) Bacteria gets hurt, Taylor will slide out there and they'll put their backup guard in for Taylor. Maybe SPRIGGS with help can survive out there, but Stubby hates having to provide help. It's gonna be a shit show when 6 weeks in they have the usual four starters injured and there's no O-line.

Joemailman
08-28-2018, 08:24 AM
The failure of Spriggs is a huge deal here. Not only did TT use a 2nd round pick, but he traded a 4th and 7th to the Colts to move up in the 2nd. The wicked irony here is that TT was spectacularly successful at drafting O-linemen in the 4th round. (Lang, Sitton, Bakhtiari, Tretter).

One sidenote: The player the Colts drafted with the 4th round pick they got from the Packers was Antonio Morrison.

hoosier
08-28-2018, 08:30 AM
The Spriggs fail compounded by the Cole Madison flakeout. Having a competent interior lineman ready to go when McCray goes down or Taylor pops outside would have been nice. Now any injury to any of the five positions puts them in a bind.

mraynrand
08-28-2018, 08:35 AM
They might have to sign a veteran tackle after cutdowns.

Joemailman
08-28-2018, 08:45 AM
They might have to sign a veteran tackle after cutdowns.

I'm skeptical you'd find anything out there better than Spriggs, Bell and Murphy. Good tackles are hard to come by.

Zool
08-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Based on the earlier stats from PB, you can only do better than Murphy.

mraynrand
08-28-2018, 10:22 AM
Based on the earlier stats from PB, you can only do better than Murphy.

The film on other guys might be better than their stats. but then, they might not be released either.

But better than Murphy and Bell was what I was thinking. They aren't giving up on SPRIGGS just yet, I suspect.

Zool
08-28-2018, 10:34 AM
No, old Spriggsy does just enough to hang on again this year.

run pMc
08-28-2018, 11:11 AM
I'm skeptical you'd find anything out there better than Spriggs, Bell and Murphy. Good tackles are hard to come by.

Yeah. Some teams don't have 2 starting level tackles, let alone 3. I would expect next year Gute will look to draft 1-2 OL. Would have been nice to find out if Madison could play RT in a pinch.

Good LTs don't grow on trees, so Bahktiari is the toughest to replace. I've come around to Campen's ability to coach up and plug in some of these JAGs on the line. If they have to play with 4 starters and a backup I think they can get by, but down 2 starters is asking a lot from any team.
PS Game 3 was terrible because the entire line was backups, and some of those guys probably won't be on a roster/PS in mid-September.

pbmax
08-28-2018, 11:13 AM
No, old Spriggsy does just enough to hang on again this year.

Literally. His best trait might be his hands.

I am of two minds about where he should be. He looks much more natural at left tackle, but he had some wild misadventures there last year and looked more solid on the right. But he doesn't look comfortable on the right side. His advantage over Murphy is ability to deal with speed, he just moves back better. Murphy gets caught flat footed and needs to turn.

If SPRIGGS™ learns to lock his arms down (elbows actually) and use the bull rushers weight against him to anchor, he can do this.

Rutnstrut
08-29-2018, 09:57 PM
When healthy Bulaga is a fine tackle. The biggest problem with the line is depth. The backups are pretty dreadful.

When healthy. That's like saying Hundley was a great QB when he didn't suck.

Pugger
08-30-2018, 10:30 AM
When healthy. That's like saying Hundley was a great QB when he didn't suck.

Not really. Bulaga can actually play.