Training Camp Schedule

Thursday, July 26 11:30 a.m.

Friday, July 27 11:30 a.m.

Saturday, July 28 11:15 a.m.

Monday, July 30 11:15 a.m.

Tuesday, July 31 11:15 a.m.

Thursday, August 2 11:15 a.m.

Friday, August 3 11:15 a.m.

Saturday, August 4 Packers Family Night 7:30 p.m.

Monday, August 6 12:15 p.m.

Tuesday, August 7 11:45 a.m.

Sunday, August 12 12:15 p.m.

Monday, August 13 11:45 a.m.

Monday, August 20 12:15 p.m.

Tuesday, August 21 11:45 a.m.

Joemailman
07-25-2018, 08:44 AM
MM scheduled to have a 10:00 AM PC today.

So many things to watch this year, with new coaches and players. Obviously most eyes will be on the cornerback situation. Maybe just as important though is the question of who will replace Morgan Burnett. Josh Jones would have to be the favorite, but he has to show he can play effectively away from the line of scrimmage.

On offense, I'm interested to see how they will use Jimmy Graham. A lot of people think Seattle never utilized him well, asking him to play a traditional TE role too much. I look for the Packers to use him all over the place. With Bulaga possibly out for a while, this will be Jason Spriggs' best and maybe last chance to show his draft selection wasn't a mistake.

Joemailman
07-25-2018, 01:52 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Even at age 34, it doesn't sound like Aaron Rodgers will be on a strict pitch count in camp but coach Mike McCarthy said the coaches are always "very cognizant" of how much Rodgers throws. "I haven't seen him yet," McCarthy said. "I'm sure he's in great shape. He was in great shape when he left here."

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
If Packers training camp looks a lot like a regular season, that's because it does. Coach Mike McCarthy called it an "in-season-type schedule" with practices typically starting at around 11:30 or noon. "A lot goes into it," McCarthy said in his camp-opening press conference. "You look at the past, you look at the roster, we have a new staff. We felt it was best to get into a regular-season-type schedule."

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
The Packers have signed rookie receiver Adonis Jennings of Temple, according to his agent David Canter. Jennings was with the Packers during their June minicamp on a tryout basis. Their roster was at capacity -- 90 -- before this so there will have to be a corresponding roster move coming.

Teamcheez1
07-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Apparently, Michael Clark is just giving up on football. Perhaps he read the writing on the wall.

Bulaga on PUP with knee.
Nick Perry already on the PUP with an ankle injury. No surprise there....

Joemailman
07-25-2018, 06:44 PM
WTF? I think Clark had a real chance. No surprise about Bulaga. I didn't know Perry was an issue.

Joemailman
07-25-2018, 07:24 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
The Packers placed WR Michael Clark on the reserve/did not report list. The former college basketball player has decided to end his football pursuits. Draft pick Cole Madison is also on the list, but he's attending to a personal matter. The Packers signed a pair of WRs: rookies Adonis Jennings and Kyle Lewis.

Strange first day. 2 young guys with a legitimate shot at making the team don't report. Hope everything's okay with Madison.

Joemailman
07-25-2018, 08:11 PM
Aaron Nagler

@AaronNagler
Nick Perry will indeed start camp on PUP. Expectation is that he will be ready for the start of the season. He is dealing with an ankle, not a hand injury.

4:58 PM - Jul 25, 2018

Perry had ankle surgery during the offseason.

KYPack
07-25-2018, 08:37 PM
Strange first day. 2 young guys with a legitimate shot at making the team don't report. Hope everything's okay with Madison.

Madison is "tending to a personal matter", expected back.

pbmax
07-26-2018, 07:59 AM
McCarthy has now perfected saying nothing in a very dramatic way.

“If (we’re) just being totally honest and transparent, we all should be better for the negative experiences that we’ve encountered in the past,” McCarthy said. “Whether it’s our record last year, Aaron’s health, all of those things. And if I haven’t pushed that forward from a leadership position to our football operations, then I haven’t done a very good job. I think we’re all better for the negative things that have occurred.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/after-disappointing-year-without-aaron-rodgers-are-packers-primed-for/article_8ea2cdbd-faf8-57c6-99d3-0a4991b40b5e.html

For some general reasons and one specific one, I take this to be a bad development. It means he is more comfortable as a public figure (by itself a useful skill) but I suspect it also suggests he is now more effective casting a limited reality distortion field than updating his offense. Generally, I preferred him when he had no clue how to deal with the media and was the mastermind of an offense that no one could stop and did a very good job of keeping the players pulling in the same direction.

His mention of last year's disappointment again points to football operations, which for McCarthy seems to mean all the front office stuff that a coach doesn't usually get involved with. Meaning he has again publicly insisted that he wasn't at fault last year and instead insisted on changing how they acquire football players. Meanwhile his offense, which was putrid and failed to adjust to Hundley last year, was put in the hands of Philbin.

There has already been a lot of ink spilled about how they are rebuilding the playbook, even though Philbin himself said they were stripping it down (https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/mike-mccarthy-joe-philbin-giving-packers-offensive-playbook-a-makeover/article_2c970cc3-71db-5fe8-8b50-066fb959d72f.html) to eliminate the confusion of adjustments added over the seasons that confuse or are duplicative in the overall scheme. Philbin seemed to indicate that nothing like a complete overhaul was being done but Oates in his article (https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/tom-oates-mike-mccarthy-s-job-could-be-on-the/article_bf5defe4-a75a-5be7-bcd1-9593245d5443.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share) still refers to the playbook as redone.

I'll be honest, if Rodgers returns to form and they find a competent 3rd WR to help Adams and Cobb, I don't think I'll be able to tell if McCarthy has regained his mojo until they play at least a few games against better defenses with time to prepare.

But its the other side of the ball where the changes will have to produce a dramatic turnaround. With Capers fired (a move that conforms with public and player perception that the game had passed him by, but doesn't conform to McCarthy's complaints about player acquisition), it will be up to Pettine and McCarthy's new focus to produce the most improvement. I don't like that mix.

Radagast
07-26-2018, 08:22 AM
The Redskins have their TC not far from where I live in Richmond, Va. I've never visited, but they get a lot of press here. Each year they have had another NFL Team visit/practice with them for a few days during their TC. This season they will be hosting the New York Jets.

Does anyone know if the Packers will host a visiting team this TC? Washington usually invites a team from the AFC that they will not play in the Reg. season.

RashanGary
07-26-2018, 10:18 AM
I’m excited for....

Davante Adams
Kentrell Brice
KENNY CLARK!
Wilkerson
Alexander
Kevin King
Dean Lowry
The 2nd year RBs

And more!!

Can’t fucking wait!!!

Fritz
07-26-2018, 04:24 PM
McCarthy has now perfected saying nothing in a very dramatic way.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/after-disappointing-year-without-aaron-rodgers-are-packers-primed-for/article_8ea2cdbd-faf8-57c6-99d3-0a4991b40b5e.html

For some general reasons and one specific one, I take this to be a bad development. It means he is more comfortable as a public figure (by itself a useful skill) but I suspect it also suggests he is now more effective casting a limited reality distortion field than updating his offense. Generally, I preferred him when he had no clue how to deal with the media and was the mastermind of an offense that no one could stop and did a very good job of keeping the players pulling in the same direction.

His mention of last year's disappointment again points to football operations, which for McCarthy seems to mean all the front office stuff that a coach doesn't usually get involved with. Meaning he has again publicly insisted that he wasn't at fault last year and instead insisted on changing how they acquire football players. Meanwhile his offense, which was putrid and failed to adjust to Hundley last year, was put in the hands of Philbin.

There has already been a lot of ink spilled about how they are rebuilding the playbook, even though Philbin himself said they were stripping it down (https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/mike-mccarthy-joe-philbin-giving-packers-offensive-playbook-a-makeover/article_2c970cc3-71db-5fe8-8b50-066fb959d72f.html) to eliminate the confusion of adjustments added over the seasons that confuse or are duplicative in the overall scheme. Philbin seemed to indicate that nothing like a complete overhaul was being done but Oates in his article (https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/tom-oates-mike-mccarthy-s-job-could-be-on-the/article_bf5defe4-a75a-5be7-bcd1-9593245d5443.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share) still refers to the playbook as redone.

I'll be honest, if Rodgers returns to form and they find a competent 3rd WR to help Adams and Cobb, I don't think I'll be able to tell if McCarthy has regained his mojo until they play at least a few games against better defenses with time to prepare.

But its the other side of the ball where the changes will have to produce a dramatic turnaround. With Capers fired (a move that conforms with public and player perception that the game had passed him by, but doesn't conform to McCarthy's complaints about player acquisition), it will be up to Pettine and McCarthy's new focus to produce the most improvement. I don't like that mix.

Next step: calling out players publicly after losses.

pbmax
07-26-2018, 04:37 PM
The Redskins have their TC not far from where I live in Richmond, Va. I've never visited, but they get a lot of press here. Each year they have had another NFL Team visit/practice with them for a few days during their TC. This season they will be hosting the New York Jets.

Does anyone know if the Packers will host a visiting team this TC? Washington usually invites a team from the AFC that they will not play in the Reg. season.

I don't think McCarthy has ever done it. Sherman might have scrimmaged someone from the old Cheese League.

pbmax
07-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Next step: calling out players publicly after losses.

Exactly. I know my post is almost a nothing burger complaint, but I get the weird sense that McCarthy has morphed into Chuck Knox, Mike Nolan or Ken Wisenhunt. Good coach, was once top of the line innovator. But is now competent and pretty happy about it. If they get exercised, they double down on what they know and focus attention elsewhere.

Actually, he might be Marty Schottenheimer. He needs a kick in his pants over his offense.

pbmax
07-26-2018, 05:21 PM
PRACTICE? PRACTICE? WE ARE TALKING 'BOUT PRACTICE. DAY 1

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
DBs running drills together and it’s clear Joe Whitt is in charge. Doesn’t matter if it’s corners or safeties, he’s running the show. Different from last year when he was just DBs coach. #packers

Pettine playing QB in the team defense walk through. Haven’t seen that before. No throwing, just ordering offensive guys to shift to see how defense reacts.

House and Tramon on the field with starters at CB. King comes in for nickel and Tramon moves to slot.

WR Randall Cobb, who had a boot on his foot a couple of weeks ago, is practicing and seemed to be running fine. We’ll see what he does in drills.

Clinton-Dix and Kentrell Brice are the starting safeties.

Aaron Rodgers’ first pass of camp intercepted by Kevin King, who goes up high to take the ball away on a fade route.

On second pass, Rodgers avoids rush and hits Adams on a comeback. Draws defense offsides on next play with hard count. Then hits Jimmy Graham on a crossing route.

Lucas Patrick taking Lane Taylor’s reps at left guard. Taylor is here but might be nursing injury. Will try to find out.

LATER REPORTED HE WAS ON LIMITED REPS AFTER TWEAKING HIS ANKLE AT OTAS OR MINICAMP

JK Scott averages 54.8 yards and 4.39 second hang time in first pints against the rush. Did have wind from behind and the rush was not guys in full pads laying out to block the kick.

Lane Taylor is being eased into camp after missing time in OTAs with an ankle injury. #Packers

New from JSOnline and PackersNews: McCarthy expects Packers to learn from mistakes, overcome adversity https://ift.tt/2uS2GG6 #Packers

CB Kevin King was beaten badly deep by Davonte Adams, but Rodgers overthrew. Tested again, King was glued to Geronimo Allison on Tim Boyle’s well-thrown deep ball.

Getting downright chilly at #Packers practice. Might be in the upper 60s. Just fine with me.

pbmax
07-26-2018, 05:25 PM
M3 PC TC

McCarthy says he doesn't think there's a threat for Nick Perry (ankle) and Bryan Bulaga (knee) to miss the start of the season.

MM on O-line: It's all part of the big picture (having Bulaga). You keep working to get your numbers where you think you're healthy. Bryan from early in rehab has been ahead of the game.

MM on Michael Clark retiring: Did surprise me. Young talented football player. Like everything in life and business, there's a personal side. He contacted us about two weeks ago. It was just a personal decision.

MM on Cole Madison not reporting: Situation is personal. Took us by surprise Wednesday. In respect to Cole, I'm going to leave it at that. I don't have a timeline for him.

MM on Clay Matthews: Injury we're focused on is more about the knee (more than his nose). We just have to be smart about his reps.

MM on No. 2 QB reps: Competition is good. QB is no different. We just want those guys to compete.

McCarthy did not say how he's going to split the reps between Brett Hundley and DeShone Kizer.

That's it for McCarthy. Practice starts at 11:30 a.m.

mraynrand
07-26-2018, 05:29 PM
Hundley can be gunner on punts, Kizer on KOs.

Joemailman
07-26-2018, 08:17 PM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/26/5-quick-takeaways-from-packers-first-training-camp-practice-of-2018/

Randall Cobb didn’t appear limited at all after an offseason ankle injury. Elsewhere at receiver, third-year pro Trevor Davis and rookie J’Mon Moore were the early standouts of the first day. Davis was on the field often with the first-team offense and made several big plays, while Moore more than held his own during his first camp practice:

The Packers will be happy with the first day of work from rookie punter JK Scott, who, according to Rob Demovsky of ESPN, averaged almost 54 yards per punt over seven punts against the rush, including a 60-yarder. Competition won’t be required if Scott can keep those numbers up throughout camp.

Nice hang time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjDI0CAVsAA46YX.jpg

mraynrand
07-26-2018, 09:03 PM
Nice hang nail.

FIFY

pbmax
07-27-2018, 08:22 AM
Apparently Rob doesn't time anything on Sunday. Odd, for a football reporter.

Fritz
07-27-2018, 09:12 AM
JK Scott's punts are like John Holmes: well-hung.

Joemailman
07-27-2018, 07:54 PM
Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
#Packers OLB Nick Perry is still on PUP, but he’s out here with the other edge rushers helping them through drills. A third coach of sorts alongside Winston Moss and Nick Barnett.

11:54 AM - Jul 27, 2018

Aaron Nagler

@AaronNagler
Adams just highpointed over House on a deep ball from Rodgers. Gorgeous play.

12:12 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Aaron Nagler

@AaronNagler
Yancey gets a chance to run with the 1s and takes advantage of the opportunity when Rodgers rockets one to him on an out. Nice job getting open, securing the catch and getting upfield.

12:28 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod
Good sign for Lane Taylor. He’s back in team drills #Packers

12:10 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Aaron Nagler

@AaronNagler
Brice gets the call opposite Clinton-Dix again today.

1:12 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Aaron Nagler

@AaronNagler
Ugly end to that 2 min drill as Rodgers holds the ball then floats one to Graham in the middle of the field. Martinez picks it off.

1:20 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
DeShone Kizer’s series ends with a beautiful touchdown pass to TE Robert Tonyan, who made a great catch over safety Raven Greene in the back of the end zone. #Packers

1:32 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
As with Jared Cook and Martellus Bennett before him, Jimmy Graham is catching a lot of passes in team periods from Aaron Rodgers. Extrapolate that out as you wish. #Packers

1:17 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
True to form, Mike Pettine is really mixing up the pre-snap defensive alignments. Linebackers and linemen being used in many different capacities. #Packers

12:18 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod
Ahmad Thomas breaks up a pass intended for Robert Tonyan to end second team two minute #Packers

1:25 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Ryan Wood

@ByRyanWood
#Packers QB battle heating up a little bit. After Kizer’s TD in 2 minute, Brett Hundley drops ball between CB and S to Jake Kumerow down right sideline.

1:46 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Jason Wilde

@jasonjwilde
I’ll tell you what, ex-@WarhawkFootball WR Jake Kumerow is having himself a day. Fantastic leaping sideline catch from Hundley in pass-under-pressure. Was just asked by @ZachHeilprin if I’m ready to put Kumerow on the #Packers 53. Not quite yet. But he has been impressive today.

1:46 PM - Jul 27, 2018 · Ashwaubenon, WI

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/27/mike-mccarthy-hints-at-schematic-changes-for-packers-wrs/

“(Davante Adams and Randall Cobb) had a lot of change for themselves as far as what we’re doing,” McCarthy said, via Packers.com. “We’ve changed things schematically this year, particularly in that room, and obviously they have a new coach, a new pass-game coordinator.”

It’ll be interesting to see if the changes are noticeable during training camp. The Packers have been criticized at times in the recent past for relying too much on isolation routes and the improvisational ability of Aaron Rodgers in the passing game. As more and more college concepts have bled into the NFL, innovative teams have benefited from clever route schemes and combinations to create easy plays for the quarterback.

The Packers took a scrub brush approach to the playbook this offseason, with McCarthy, Philbin and the offensive staff reviewing everything in the offense, including play calls, game plans, formations and even the language used to call the plays.

Teamcheez1
07-27-2018, 08:00 PM
Yeah! Nice to see someone post something about training camp rather than some of this other useless drivel.

mraynrand
07-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Yeah! Nice to see someone post something about training camp rather than some of this other useless drivel.

I have to get back into shape

mraynrand
07-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Kumerow is making people forget All Pro Jeff Janis

mraynrand
07-28-2018, 08:58 AM
Mike McCarthy: "Jamall Williams is first team camp boilerplate."

Jamall Williams: "I just try to go out there and do the best I can with my abilities and do what I can to help the team win.”

Stubby: "I appreciate that, like me, Jamaal knows how to give a statement that really says nothing, yet conveys the total commitment that everyone on the team and the organization has to achieving our goal of winning the Super Bowl."

Jamall Williams: " I’m glad they feel comfortable with me and have trust."

Stubby: "See what I mean? What a team player! He gives 110%. How could we not trust this guy? Not only is he a tremendous, improving player, he also knows all the team boilerplate phrases we gave them to learn in our off-season boilerplate training opportunities."

Williams: "I’m grateful for it"

Stubby: "Every off season we have a new emphasis on particular boilerplate phrases. This year's off-season was focused on gratitude and deflection of any praise back onto the team. Despite what people say about my role in this effort, I feel blessed that the players have been the ones to really make it happen."

Williams: "I appreciate how they put me in there with the first team with Aaron and everybody."

Stubby: "See? see?? Man I love these guys. Well, time for my press conference..."

texaspackerbacker
07-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Sometimes even sarcasm rings true. You're on a roll today, Rand.

Radagast
07-28-2018, 11:39 AM
Each year Green Bay and St. Norbert College host the Packer's annual Training Camp. We read about riding bicycles, injuries, who stood out at a practice and who is being paid what. What I'd like to read about is what a typical day at TC is like. Things like what time are they awakened each day, what are they served at mealtimes, how is weight training scheduled, what happens in the team and group meetings, and when is lights out?

mraynrand
07-28-2018, 12:42 PM
Sometimes even sarcasm rings true. You're on a roll today, Rand.

The Williams quotes are verbatim - the rest is fake news.

pbmax
07-28-2018, 01:05 PM
Just saw what TE Marcedes Lewis can add. Drove Jake Ryan into the ground on a running play.

Soft 'n small!

mraynrand
07-28-2018, 01:20 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R0Pi7zI6co4/U3jgCIpi9HI/AAAAAAAAABY/8GZDppwr0pI/s800/1970_mercedes_benz_911_4-ton_02_dvdb09.JPG

Fritz
07-28-2018, 04:11 PM
Just saw what TE Marcedes Lewis can add. Drove Jake Ryan into the ground on a running play.

Soft 'n small!

Move it to the garbage can, PB.

Or is that Romper Room material since it's not hard 'n large?

George Cumby
07-28-2018, 08:32 PM

Tex Has a Janis poster thumbtacked to his ceiling above his bed and beats off to it.

mraynrand
07-28-2018, 08:46 PM
Tex Has a Janis poster thumbtacked to his ceiling above his bed and beats off to it.

It worries me that you know this

Zool
07-29-2018, 12:08 AM
It worries me that you know this

Well Tex isn’t allowed to purchase sharp objects so Cumby stepped up.

bobblehead
07-29-2018, 12:14 AM

Soft 'n small!

Pretty sure Fournette is going to miss his old mercedes a lot.

Joemailman
07-29-2018, 12:19 AM
Pretty sure Fournette is going to miss his old mercedes a lot.

Lewis is why I really consider Jimmy Graham to be part of the WR group. Lewis will do the physical work that a traditional TE must do. The stuff that Graham doesn't do that well.

mraynrand
07-29-2018, 07:20 AM
Cohen:

First look at 1 on 1s between pass rushers and offensive linemen:

* Kyler Fackrell with a stunning inside move to beat David Bakhtiari

* Three impressive wins for Montravius Adams, who has a nice swim move

* Justin McCray is really stout at right guard #Packers
1:47 PM - Jul 28, 2018

mraynrand
07-29-2018, 07:23 AM
Kevin King

Verified account

@King_kevvoo
8h8 hours ago
More
Lol yall be judgin players off one practice clip yall see. “ProBowl” or “Bust” off of ONE practice clip lol. Chilllll, i know y’all excited football back but the real games are on the way i promise aha. Let ya players live an get better in camp. Judge come season time ����*♂️

mraynrand
07-29-2018, 07:25 AM
Kevin King has super quick mad skilz:

"Kevin King

Verified account

@King_kevvoo
Jul 25
More
Theres this big ass fly in my house that keeps on flyin by my head buzzin hella loud. Its all bad for bro when i caught him"

pbmax
07-29-2018, 07:51 AM
Day 3, Saturday the 28th

Mike McCarthy said he'll be keeping an eye on rookies today during first day of padded work to see how they react to the jump in intensity.

McCarthy on WR Jake Kumerow: He's really been productive with his opportunities. He's climbing and scratching.

McCarthy on Justin McCray: It's nice to see him just play one position. He looks good and he looks like he's taken the jump you're looking for.

McCarthy on Kyle Murphy: Start him more at the right tackle, maybe little him focus there. If you can keep him on one side, especially with the footwork. If he's going to play tackle and guard you'd like to keep a guy on the same side.

McCarthy on RBs: It's going to be a very competitive position. It's a position that should show up today in the first day of pads.

pbmax
07-29-2018, 07:54 AM
Day 3, Saturday the 28th

We’re off and running. Jimmy Graham unhappy with S Josh Jones grabbing his face mask. Graham pushes away asst. Joe Whitt several times to get to Jones.

No sign of running back Aaron Jones so far.

Crosby hits from 33, 36, 28, 40, 42, 46 and 50. Misses wide right from 48. Bradley had only bad snap. High, Scott got it down and Crosby hit a low-liner through.

New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Packers cornerback Quinten Rollins inherits linebacker role in dime package https://ift.tt/2AeL7oZ #Packers

In 1 on 1 pass rush Montravius Adams destroyed lesser competition. Good start, but now he must show it against Taylor and McCray.

Defense definitely showed more in one on one pass rush drill.

If you had to pick one of the #Packers backup QBs who has been most impressive it’s Eastern Kentucky rookie Tim Boyle. Has a rocket arm and has put it on the money in team drills.

THE PACKERS WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE STUPID AND NOT KEEP FUTURE ALL PRO BOYLE AND INSTEAD RELY ON SOME HALF BAKED VETERAN LIKE HUNDLEY OR KIZER

Practice ends with the a scuffle that turns into a play battle royal. Too hot to fight. #Packers

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
Day 3 is in the books: 2 hours, 41 minutes. Practice ended with a fight between OLB C.J. Johnson and OL Byron Bell. #Packers

Left guard Lane Taylor taking team reps for the first time. #Packers

First look at 1 on 1s between WRs and DBs:
* Rookie Josh Jackson had two tough reps against Randall Cobb, who looks sharp after ankle surgery
* The matchups between Kevin King and Davante Adams are excellent. Very good battles
* Rough session for Quinten Rollins

JK Scott punted five times:
40 yards, 4.77 hang
49 yards, 4.38 hang
45 yards, 4.91 hang
51 yards, 4.60 hang
48 yards, 4.84 hang

Rob Demovsky
Big moment for Kyler Fackrell: Beat David Bakhtiari in the 1-on-1 pass rush drill. This is significant for the third-year OLB because he had a 1-30 record in the drill his first two camps combined, including 1-18 last summer.

THIS IS PROGRESS!! REMAIN CALM!! ALL IS WELL!!

Here’s a player to watch: rookie LB @GreerMartini48. He’s on the No. 1 kickoff return front line. He’s also been getting snaps with the No. 2 defense at inside backer.

HIS FAMILY OWNS A BAR IN BEDFORD FALLS

First-round draft pick Jaire Alexander opened with the starters as the nickel cornerback. First time he's opened a period with the ones.

Mason Crosby 7-of-8 in first live FG session of camp. Missed from 48 but came back and made from 50. JK Scott held for all 8. Hunter Bradley and Zack Triner split the snaps.

Radagast
07-29-2018, 08:31 AM
Day 3, Saturday the 28th

We’re off and running. Jimmy Graham unhappy with S Josh Jones grabbing his face mask. Graham pushes away asst. Joe Whitt several times to get to Jones.

No sign of running back Aaron Jones so far.

Crosby hits from 33, 36, 28, 40, 42, 46 and 50. Misses wide right from 48. Bradley had only bad snap. High, Scott got it down and Crosby hit a low-liner through.

New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Packers cornerback Quinten Rollins inherits linebacker role in dime package https://ift.tt/2AeL7oZ #Packers

In 1 on 1 pass rush Montravius Adams destroyed lesser competition. Good start, but now he must show it against Taylor and McCray.

Defense definitely showed more in one on one pass rush drill.

If you had to pick one of the #Packers backup QBs who has been most impressive it’s Eastern Kentucky rookie Tim Boyle. Has a rocket arm and has put it on the money in team drills.

Practice ends with the a scuffle that turns into a play battle royal. Too hot to fight. #Packers

Thank You pbmax, gets straight to the heart of what I'm most interested in reading.

pbmax
07-29-2018, 08:42 AM
Perry told reporters he underwent ankle surgery after the season but wouldn't provide additional details. Perry said the problem lingered throughout 2017. #Packers

Mike McCarthy says Quinten Rollins has come back really strong from the torn Achilles, which is why he was running with the starting dime defense the last two days. #Packers think he can play multiple positions. But we've yet to see Rollins really run. That will be telling.

McCarthy with some strong words for WR Geronimo Allison. Praises his "tenacity" and his approach to the game. Doesn't play like a tall, slender wideout. #Packers

McCarthy says he has no update on rookie OL Cole Madison. Still tending to a personal matter, unclear when he will report to camp. #Packers

Joemailman
07-29-2018, 08:57 AM
Let the Tim Boyle hype begin!

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/05/09/packers-qb-tim-boyle-taysom-hill/595311002/

General manager Brian Gutekunst signed Boyle not because of his statistics but because the rookie can drive the ball down the field and into tight spots with great accuracy. He signed him because the Packers haven't had a first-year quarterback with these kind of mechanics and athletic ability since selecting Rodgers with the 24th pick in the 2005 draft.Boyle’s athletic ability, at least when it comes to testing, is comparable with Rodgers. At 6-3½, 232 pounds, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.75 seconds, registered a vertical jump of 35½ inches, a broad jump of 9 feet, 9 inches, a three-cone time of 7.03 seconds and short shuttle of 4.49 seconds.

By comparison, Rodgers ran the 40 in 4.77, had a vertical of 34 ½ inches, a broad jump of 9 feet, 2 inches, a three-cone of 7.38 seconds and a short shuttle of 4.32.

As to why he wasn't drafted:

After de-committing from Boston College because of a coaching change, he decided to stay home and play for the Huskies. Four games into his freshman season, Paul Pasqualoni was fired and interim coach T.J. Weist made Boyle the first quarterback in school history to start as a freshman.

He finished the year completing just 44.4 percent of his passes for no touchdowns with eight interceptions.

“I was just an 18-year-old kid, trying to figure it out,” Boyle said.

In his second start, he was sacked eight times and threw three interceptions in a loss at Cincinnati and in his fourth and final start of the year he threw three more interceptions. After the season, UConn hired Bob Diaco, who had a different offensive coordinator in each of the next two years, and ultimately settled on a different quarterback.

Boyle transferred to Eastern Kentucky in 2016, redshirted a year and then started all 11 games for the Colonels last season, posting a 119.4 rating. He completed 201 of 327 passes (61.5 percent) for 2,134 yards, 11 touchdowns with 13 interceptions during a 4-7 season.

The Shadow
07-29-2018, 10:47 AM
I have never seen Boyle play a down. I HAVE seen Hundley & Kizer play.
I'd choose Boyle.

Joemailman
07-29-2018, 11:02 AM
Matthews will wear visor this year to protect nose broken in charity softball game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24219425/clay-matthews-green-bay-packers-wearing-visor-protect-previously-broken-nose

"The first time you put it on, whatever the scientific word is maybe refraction where your perception is off a little bit," Matthews told ESPN on Saturday. "Now as of Day 3 it's not an issue."

It was just really unfortunate. It's one of those injuries where everyone kind of makes light of it like, 'Oh, he just broke his nose,' like a basketball player will wear a facemask. But this thing was pointing off to one side. I'll post a picture one day because it was pretty bad."

Joemailman
07-29-2018, 11:59 AM
I'd choose Boyle.

I wouldn't give up so easily on Kizer. Browns were fools to start him as a rookie. He wasn't ready. He made a mistake going pro early, and then the Browns compounded the mistake by throwing him to the wolves. He should have been playing for Notre Dame last year, not the Browns.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-29-2018, 12:15 PM
Perry told reporters he underwent ankle surgery after the season but wouldn't provide additional details. Perry said the problem lingered throughout 2017. #Packers

Mike McCarthy says Quinten Rollins has come back really strong from the torn Achilles, which is why he was running with the starting dime defense the last two days. #Packers think he can play multiple positions. But we've yet to see Rollins really run. That will be telling.

McCarthy with some strong words for WR Geronimo Allison. Praises his "tenacity" and his approach to the game. Doesn't play like a tall, slender wideout. #Packers

McCarthy says he has no update on rookie OL Cole Madison. Still tending to a personal matter, unclear when he will report to camp. #Packers

Cohen, when he isn't moonlighting as a sleazy lawyer, now writes for The Athletic.

Why are all the good MJS Packer beat writers always a-leaving? Dunn, Bedard, McGinn, Cohen, to name a few.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-29-2018, 12:49 PM

What's his 40? If it's not 4.42, than he's no Janis.

Joemailman
07-29-2018, 12:55 PM

His 40 is in the 4.5's, so he's no Janis. Of course, if he runs his routes correctly, that also means he's no Janis.

mraynrand
07-29-2018, 12:57 PM

Who is this Janis? Is he that All-pro receiver? I've forgotten about him due to this new phenom in training camp.

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2018, 01:32 PM
Day 3, Saturday the 28th

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/2xVR5VN7_9Vq68C2SLpIgUB_HGA=/0x0:564x376/1220x813/filters:focal(0x0:564x376):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/45454286/luckcivilwar.0.0.jpg

George Cumby
07-29-2018, 07:12 PM
Who is this Janis? Is he that All-pro receiver? I've forgotten about him due to this new phenom in training camp.

You’re thinking Schroeder.

mraynrand
07-29-2018, 07:50 PM
I'd choose Boyle.

lolz

pbmax
07-30-2018, 06:48 AM
https:/:564x376/1220x813/filters:focal(0x0:564x376):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/45454286/luckcivilwar.0.0.jpg

Were you looking for this one?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/928357345284931584/ykSaA8AN_400x400.jpg

pbmax
07-30-2018, 11:27 AM
M3 PC TC Day 5 (Day 4 was off day)

MM on Montravius Adams: Did some really good things in first day of pads. He's more comfortable with things he did.

MM On Aaron Jones: Don't have a timeline. He's out today (hamstring).

Mike McCarthy says Montravius Adams is in much better shape than he was last season. "I thought he did some really good things in the first day of pads." #Packers

McCarthy says he doesn't have a timeline on Aaron Jones' hamstring injury. Jones didn't practice Saturday after experiencing some tightness. #Packers

McCarthy is pleased with Geronimo Allison's camp thus far. He said there were some really nice clips of Allison's routes from 1 on 1s over the weekend. #Packers

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
#Packers coach Mike McCarthy says for DT Montravius Adams, this is "almost like his first year" because of all the time he missed last year. Adams in better shape after getting full offseason, MM said.

McCarthy thought competiveness of first padded practice was "excellent," but called rest of practice "sloppy" in execution. "We had way too many guys on the ground." Said it was byproduct of being in pads for first time, but more guys on ground for Day 1 than he can remember.

bobblehead
07-30-2018, 12:17 PM
Cohen:

First look at 1 on 1s between pass rushers and offensive linemen:

* Kyler Fackrell with a stunning inside move to beat David Bakhtiari

1:47 PM - Jul 28, 2018

Happy learned how to put!

bobblehead
07-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Kevin King has super quick mad skilz:

"Kevin King

Verified account

@King_kevvoo
Jul 25
More
Theres this big ass fly in my house that keeps on flyin by my head buzzin hella loud. Its all bad for bro when i caught him"

How come I'm pretty sure we will find racist tweets from high school after his 3 interception game?

bobblehead
07-30-2018, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't give up so easily on Kizer. Browns were fools to start him as a rookie. He wasn't ready. He made a mistake going pro early, and then the Browns compounded the mistake by throwing him to the wolves. He should have been playing for Notre Dame last year, not the Browns.
We are keeping Boyle and Kizer. Gotta be ready for when we refuse to pay ARod.

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2018, 12:49 PM
Brice carted off -- which is disppointing. If healthy, I expect big things from him.

pbmax
07-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod
Davante Adams with a highlight reel catch in WR vs DB. Twists his body on the sideline to catch a one-handed pass #Packers

Mike Daniels not out with the defensive line. No word on his status.

I WANT HAMSTRING AS CAUSE IN THE POOL

Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty
Mike Daniels returns to field with helmet in hand after going into Hutson Center earlier.

HE'S BACK!?

pbmax
07-30-2018, 01:41 PM
Jake Ryan down on the field grabbing his right knee. He’s screaming in pain. Teammates huddled around him. This looks bad. #Packers

Jake Ryan now being carted off the field. He has a towel over his head.

Jake Gonnering @JVince11
CALL OFF PRACTICE!!!! DAMN IT!!! SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH!!

DementiaTeddyThompson

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9e135ebec1b49333cc17624e7bd07ad2/tenor.gif?itemid=4523258

LESS THAN SEVEN MINUTES LATER

Jake Gonnering @JVince11
And just like that... they did actually end early due to "lightning".

pbmax
07-30-2018, 02:03 PM
In better news:

#Packers RB Aaron Jones (hamstring) says he feels good and could have played today if there was a game. He expects to be back on the field by Thursday.

pbmax
07-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Daniels:

Packer Report @PackerReport
Judging by his jovial stroll through the locker room, he’s fine.

Chris Roth @rothchris
Mike Daniels told me he took a shot to the thigh on 1st snap of team drills, the reason he did not return to practice. Not sure if they will let him practice tomorrow; but if there were a game tomorrow, he said he’d for sure play. In other words, he’s not concerned about it

mraynrand
07-30-2018, 04:24 PM
ITWAGT is trending.

Also, Wist appears to have been granted a wish.

Joemailman
07-30-2018, 04:26 PM
Jake Ryan down on the field grabbing his right knee. He’s screaming in pain. Teammates huddled around him. This looks bad. #Packers

Jake Ryan now being carted off the field. He has a towel over his head.

ILB is a position where Packers have no experienced depth. NaVorro Bowman is available. He's past his prime, but did start last 10 games for Oakland last year. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13262/navorro-bowman

KYPack
07-30-2018, 04:33 PM
They should have blown the horn two hours early.

Any scuttlebutt on these boys yet?

Joemailman
07-30-2018, 04:51 PM

Usually takes at least a day with knees. Gotta wait for swelling to go down before MRI can be done. Unless it's torn ACL. Then lack of stability is telling.

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2018, 05:24 PM
43% of football talk involves injuries. And so another year begins...

I got my worst sports injury in the first half hour of first practice senior year of high school. I was just prancing through those rope squares - "agility drill" - and my knee popped. All my life, people shake their head solemnly at my "football injury" that caused so much trouble. Such a violent and cruel sport. I try to look stoic. But really it was a hopscotch injury.

pbmax
07-30-2018, 05:59 PM
ITWAGT is trending.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but he should have chosen more wisely.

pbmax
07-30-2018, 06:01 PM

Daniels and Jones seem to be fine, just precautionary.

Ryan and Brice look slightly more serious if first impressions count.

Joemailman
07-30-2018, 06:03 PM
ITWAGT is trending.

:huh:

wist43
07-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Ryan is a body that needed to be replaced anyway, so it's not much of a loss.

Problem is - who are we going to replace him with?? Burks has no business on the field... time for an UDFA to step up.

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2018, 06:11 PM
Ryan is a body that needed to be replaced anyway, so it's not much of a loss.

too soon

Fosco33
07-30-2018, 06:17 PM
Article said Ryan was 2nd best on tackles last year across the league. He is just a guy - but better than the sack of turds behind him. I'd say go for Navorro

Joemailman
07-30-2018, 06:59 PM
Jason Wilde

@jasonjwilde
Jake Ryan appeared to put a little weight on his right leg as athletic trainers Bryan “Flea” Engel and Kurt Fielding helped him onto the cart. Ryan’s reaction initially was alarming — screaming, pounding the turf. Perhaps it won’t be as severe as first feared as you watched it.

1:16 PM - Jul 30, 2018 · Ashwaubenon, WI

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
Rookie CB Jaire Alexander intercepts Aaron Rodgers in team reps. Pass intended for Randall Cobb, and Alexander undercut the crossing route. #Packers

11:55 AM - Jul 30, 2018

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
CB Josh Jackson caught flat-footed on scrimmage move by E. St. Brown in 1 on 1s. Slant opened up wide for big gain.

12:55 PM - Jul 30, 2018

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
WR Davante Adams with a highlight reel one-hand catch in 1on 1s vs. Davon House. Coverage was good but Adams stuck left hand out and snatched it into his chest.

12:53 PM - Jul 30, 2018

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
#Packers using Kyle Murphy at right tackle instead of Jason Spriggs with the starting offense in 2-min drill.

12:58 PM - Jul 30, 2018

Ryan Wood

@ByRyanWood
Jake Kumerow seems to have impressed his coaches. #Packers WR still rotating in with the 1s. Just caught a slip screen from Rodgers.

11:58 AM - Jul 30, 2018

Andy Herman
@SconnieSports
2 minute drill:

Matthew expertly sniffs our a screen for a tfl.

Rodgers to Graham, great throw and catch.

Spike.

Jaire doesn’t disguise a blitz well and Rodgers recognizes it easily.

King pbu vs. Adams

Quick classic Packer out with 2 blockers for no gain. Timeout.

12:58 PM - Jul 30, 2018

Andy Herman
@SconnieSports
2 minute ends with a pick by HaHa of Rodgers off of great coverage by Jones.

1:01 PM - Jul 30, 2018

One-on-ones:

Andy Herman
@SconnieSports
Kenny Clark beats Linsley

Linsley beats Adams

Mbu beats Day

Day dominated Lancaster

Lancaster beats Davis

Clark beats David but solid recovery by Davis

Adams beats Patrick

Patrick beats Adams

Mbu beats McCray

Lancaster beats McCray

Clark jumps offsides vs. Day

12:34 PM - Jul 30, 2018

Andy Herman
@SconnieSports
Byron Bell just dominated Kyler Fackrell

Lowry beats Patrick

McCray wins vs Lancaster and gets a “that’s a hell of a job” from his coach.

Spriggs dominates Odom

Looney wins vs Amichia easily

Donnerson getting coaches up after s poor rep vs. Bell.

12:40 PM - Jul 30, 2018

Andy Herman
@SconnieSports
Ty drops a pass over the middle from Rodgers. He was open.

Rodgers overthrows Kendrick’s. A pass that needs a lot of touch and not easy but one 12 usually makes.

Kendrick’s drops a pass, was wide open over the middle. Rodgers would like to have that one back too.

1:05 PM - Jul 30, 2018.

mraynrand
07-30-2018, 07:48 PM
:huh:

ITWAGTW = If there were a game this week. Sorry for the confusion...

denverYooper
07-30-2018, 08:28 PM
Time to worry about Rodgers's accuracy?

mraynrand
07-30-2018, 08:37 PM
Time to worry about Rodgers's accuracy?

First worry about Cobb's lack of speed

bobblehead
07-31-2018, 08:43 AM
Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod
Davante Adams with a highlight reel catch in WR vs DB. Twists his body on the sideline to catch a one-handed pass #Packers

AREN'T ALL PASSES ONE HANDED?

Mike Daniels not out with the defensive line. No word on his status.

I WANT HAMSTRING AS CAUSE IN THE POOL

Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty
Mike Daniels returns to field with helmet in hand after going into Hutson Center earlier.

HE'S BACK!?

FIFY

bobblehead
07-31-2018, 08:45 AM
43% of football talk involves injuries. And so another year begins...

I got my worst sports injury in the first half hour of first practice senior year of high school. I was just prancing through those rope squares - "agility drill" - and my knee popped. All my life, people shake their head solemnly at my "football injury" that caused so much trouble. Such a violent and cruel sport. I try to look stoic. But really it was a hopscotch injury.

BREAKING NEWS: Liberal soccer moms want to ban hop scotch!!

mraynrand
07-31-2018, 12:43 PM
“I think just kind of watching Ted all those years going through these scenarios, I think the best practice is patience,” Gutekunst told reporters before Tuesday’s practice. “We have some young players that show some promise out there, and we’d kind of like them to continue to grow into those kind of roles and see what we have. At the same time, we’re kind of always on the scenes preparing for everything.”

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/polar-bear.jpg?w=748&h=494&crop=1&quality=80

mraynrand
07-31-2018, 12:47 PM
DL Montravius Adams

Even though this is Adams' second season in the NFL, one could make the argument it's his first because he missed the entire preseason in 2017 due to him having foot surgery. But now that the Auburn alum is healthy, he is making an impact as he was able to go 3-0 during the one-on-one drills with the offensive linemen on Saturday. Adams has a chance to be one of the players who makes a big second-year jump.

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE

Teamcheez1
07-31-2018, 03:16 PM
On the bright side, Brice was at least hobbling around on the sidelines today and no one else was injured.

red
07-31-2018, 08:21 PM
so, the training staff is as awesome as ever at releasing info on the brice and ryan injuries

Joemailman
07-31-2018, 08:28 PM
so, the training staff is as awesome as ever at releasing info on the brice and ryan injuries

Since when does the training staff do that? For several years, MM has declined to speak in detail about players injuries. He leaves it up to the players whether or not they want to discuss publicly the extent of their injuries.

George Cumby
07-31-2018, 09:06 PM
Jack Lalanes corpse would tear fewer hammies than this crew of Sweeney Todd wanna-be’s.

FFS.

FML.

pbmax
08-01-2018, 06:39 AM
FIFY

Nice catch.

pbmax
08-01-2018, 06:42 AM
Draft pick Hunter Bradley has had two bad snaps in eight FG attempts. One high and one low.

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
Looks like Ahmad Thomas will get a look with Jake Ryan down. He got a first-team rep in nickel alongside Oren Burks.

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
#Packers coach Mike McCarthy says he doesn't have timelines for injured Jake Ryan or Kentrell Brice. Ryan going through testing now, he said

McCarthy said #Packers safety Josh Jones came back "rejuvenated" after rookie season. He's pleased with Jones' work to date: "I like the camp that Josh has going so far."

Not surprisingly, McCarthy says #Packers DT Mike Daniels is in good shape after dropping out of practice yesterday: "I don't see any long-term issues with Mike Daniels."

Asked Brian Gutekunst when he expects rookie Cole Madison to be in camp, says he has no timeline of his return. It's a personal matter, he said. "We're more concerned about Cole."

Does he expect Madison to play for #Packers at some point? "There's really no update right now."

Asked Gutekunst if it's important for #Packers to reach extension deal with Aaron Rodgers before season, says he won't put timeline on it. "As long as everyone is working toward the same goal," he said, "we feel positive about it." BG says Russ Ball and Dave Dunn are in talks.

hoosier
08-01-2018, 08:05 AM
Draft pick Hunter Bradley has had two bad snaps in eight FG attempts. One high and one low.
Nice to hear that Gutekunst got his B.J. Sanders moment out of the way early in his career.

Cleft Crusty
08-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Clefty's research suggest there may be some personal health and safety issues involved in Cole Madison's absence.

Washington State QB Tyler Hilinski found to have CTE, 'brain of a 65-year-old' after suicide

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/washington-state-qb-tyler-hilinski-found-to-have-cte-brain-of-a-65-year-old-after-suicide/

Speaking on NBC's "Today,", Hilinski's parents, Mark and Kym, revealed their son had chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) at the time of his death. CTE has been linked to playing football and a recent study found that 99 percent of 202 deceased football players had the condition at the time of death.
Following Tyler's suicide, the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota contacted the Hilinskis, who agreed to give the hospital their son's brain for autopsy and study. The results stunned the family.
"The medical examiner said he had the brain of a 65-year-old, which is really hard to take," Mark said on the show.
Tyler's parents also participated in a lengthy feature documentary with Greg Bishop of Sports Illustrated; the story is tough emotionally but absolutely worth your time.
"Did football kill Tyler?'' Kym asked in the piece. "I don't think so. Did he get CTE from football? Probably. Was that the only thing that attributed to his death? I don't know."
Hilinski appeared in 12 games over the last two seasons for Washington State, starting the 2017 Holiday Bowl for the Cougars and playing his best game in a come-from-behind victory over Boise State. He was expected to replace Luke Falk as the team's starter in 2018. Following Hilinski's death, Washington State said it would use its spring game to promote suicide prevention and mental health awareness.

Apparently, Tyler Hilinski was one of Cole's best friends. Right now, no one knows if the CTE scare is a contributing factor to Cole missing camp, but there are some rumors.

(As an aside, the CTE scare is largely a panic, because the science of the syndrome - i.e. detection, symptoms, susceptibilities, outcomes, and prevention (other than avoidance), is still in it's infancy - the first consensus meeting taking place in 2016 - but the life-histories of tens of thousands of football players are known. Currently, the best longitudinal (life long, historical) studies indicate that football players who have played collision football from very young ages all the way through a full professional football career show elevated risk for CTE. Players who have started either late in high school or in college and played less than 5 total years have far lower risk). One significant confounding factor is that many aging former players die of other diseases, so that late onset CTE cannot be assessed. Also existing are confounding factors of supplement and drug use. Finally, 'mild' forms of CTE may be entirely missed - assumed to be age-related memory loss, etc. But again, the field is relatively new).

Radagast
08-01-2018, 10:13 AM
The unsubstantiated rumor mill about Cole Madison is in full operation. He may be Bipolar or upset over the passing of a friend with CTE or perhaps the truth has yet to come forth. I'm not happy with not knowing the full truth, but it seems that the Packer GM and Head Coach know and are (for now) willing to allow Madison the time to deal with his "personal matter". I'd hate to believe that GB has used an important draft pick on a player that has chosen to not play football.
I too want to know the full truth, but for now I will just have to wait like everyone else.

Cheesehead Craig
08-01-2018, 11:17 AM
Jake Ryan torn ACL.

Fritz
08-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Jake Ryan torn ACL.

Jake, we hardly knew ya.

Cole, we didn't know you at all.

Cleft Crusty
08-01-2018, 11:28 AM
The unsubstantiated rumor mill about Cole Madison is in full operation.

My understanding is that all rumors are essentially unsubstantiated. And this rumor mill seems to be only operating at about 15% total capacity.

Fritz
08-01-2018, 11:31 AM
I know it's only training camp, Cleft, but 15%? Come on, you've got to do better than that.

Cleft Crusty
08-01-2018, 11:44 AM
I know it's only training camp, Cleft, but 15%? Come on, you've got to do better than that.

The mill of the gods grind slowly, my friend. Bu not as slow as the mill of Cleft Crusty's false teeth, let me tell you.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Is "the brain of a 65-year-old" a bad thing?

mraynrand
08-01-2018, 11:57 AM

That's a good question. A better question is how brain transplant surgery was carried out, and this kid's parents didn't seem to know.

hoosier
08-01-2018, 01:07 PM

Sagging lobes: not necessarily bad (depends on aesthetic sensibility) but not exactly a good thing either.

Teamcheez1
08-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Jake Ryan torn ACL.

Feel bad for any player that gets hurt. Ryan was reliable, but I would consider him average. In his fourth and final contract year at over $2M, I wonder if he would have been back with Packers next year anyway.
Like others have said, they may give him a shot in training camp on a minimum contract.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Like others have said, they may give him a shot in training camp on a minimum contract.

It's amazing what disposable trash NFL players are compared to NBA and MLB fancy lads with their guaranteed contracts and prissy sports. Well, NBA is not actually prissy, but baseball can be played while drinking beer and only the catcher wears a cup.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Sagging lobes: not necessarily bad (depends on aesthetic sensibility) but not exactly a good thing either.
I am 60 years old and was smart when I was 20, or at least good in physics. These past months I've been trying to learn/relearn physics and astrophysics by watching "Great Courses" (I recommend those lectures, they are great.) I can confirm that my 60-year-old brain has regressed to, well, a slow adult. But I do understand concepts better. In five years I will be hopelessly confused by long division, but I think I will visualize how string theory connects quantum mechanics and gravitation. It's just strings, after all.

red
08-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Feel bad for any player that gets hurt. Ryan was reliable, but I would consider him average. In his fourth and final contract year at over $2M, I wonder if he would have been back with Packers next year anyway.

he's an average at best starter and one of the main reasons that ILB has been a high priority for us the last few years. even without him we had almost ZERO depth at the position

i think we now have to mave clay full time to ILB, no more fucking around. he's next to worthless at this point at OLB, he still might have some worth inside

red
08-01-2018, 03:58 PM
the problem with a 21 year old having the brain of a 65 year old is that by the time he's 30, he's got the brain of a 80 or 90 year old with dementia

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2018, 04:26 PM
I enjoy my interactions with Maxie. He seems perfectly happy, jolly even. So screw your negativity.

mraynrand
08-01-2018, 04:51 PM
I enjoy my interactions with Maxie. He seems perfectly happy, jolly even. So screw your negativity.

Where is Maxie, anyway? Maybe he got deported to Belgium, Luxembourg, the United Arab Emirates, or Kuwait, just like his restaurants.

mraynrand
08-01-2018, 04:54 PM
the problem with a 21 year old having the brain of a 65 year old is that by the time he's 30, he's got the brain of a 80 or 90 year old with dementia

fact check: probably true

https://thegrungeofemerald.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/2216005723_59c17a44ed_z.jpg

gbgary
08-01-2018, 06:53 PM

i'll let you know next year.

mraynrand
08-01-2018, 09:55 PM
i'll let you know next year.

If you remember

Teamcheez1
08-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Will Family Night be available anywhere online or tv?

Patler
08-02-2018, 08:06 AM

I sure hope it isn't; but I'm not sure I even remember what it was like not having the brain of a 65-year-old. :sad:

Joemailman
08-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Will Family Night be available anywhere online or tv?

For fans not attending the event, it will be televised on TODAY’S TMJ4 in Milwaukee, in conjunction with NBC26 in Green Bay, as well as on WKOW-TV in Madison, WXOW-TV in LaCrosse, WQOW-TV in Eau Claire, WAOW-TV in Wausau, KQDS-TV in Duluth-Superior and WLUC-TV in Escanaba-Marquette.

mraynrand
08-02-2018, 08:36 AM
For fans not attending the event, it will be televised on TODAY’S TMJ4 in Milwaukee, in conjunction with NBC26 in Green Bay, as well as on WKOW-TV in Madison, WXOW-TV in LaCrosse, WQOW-TV in Eau Claire, WAOW-TV in Wausau, KQDS-TV in Duluth-Superior and WLUC-TV in Escanaba-Marquette.

And I foolishly paid for a subscription to TV guide.

Joemailman
08-02-2018, 01:47 PM
3 replies 6 retweets 61 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 6 Like 61

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
4h4 hours ago
More
Mike McCarthy discussing TE Marcedes Lewis: "His ability to cut off and anchor on a block and maintain at the line of scrimmage has been impressive. Frankly, we haven't really had that here with a man of his size and his ability." #Packers

Michael Cohen

McCarthy says inside linebacker Ahmad Thomas, a practice squad holdover from last season, has had a very strong start to camp. McCarthy likes his coverage ability and is eager to see him perform on special teams. A name to watch behind Blake Martinez and Oren Burks. #Packers

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13

JK Scott punted eight times:

61 yards, 4.67 hang
50, 4.81
55, 4.75
53, 4.22
48, 4.57
48, 4.25
59, 4.94
48, 4.25

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
47m47 minutes ago
More
Starting secondary today:

Kevin King and Jaire Alexander on the perimeter, Josh Jackson in the slot, Jermaine Whitehead the dime, Josh Jones and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix at safety.

@Michael_Cohen13
46m46 minutes ago
More
Aaron Rodgers got the defense to jump offside and then used the free play to throw a no-look touchdown pass all the way across the field to Geronimo Allison in a 2-minute drill. Unreal.

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
19m19 minutes ago
More
Mason Crosby hits 5 of 8 field goals. He missed from 39, 47 and 49. #Packers

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
58s58 seconds ago
More
A couple times now the #Packers have used Kendall Donnerson on an inside twist up the middle. He’s got a lot of speed bearing down on the quarterback..

mraynrand
08-02-2018, 02:00 PM
wow

JK Scott punted eight times:

61 yards, 4.67 hang
50, 4.81
55, 4.75
53, 4.22
48, 4.57
48, 4.25
59, 4.94
48, 4.25

WILL COMPENSATE FOR LOSS OF ALL PRO GUNNER/WR JANIS

Joemailman
08-02-2018, 02:02 PM
The next All-Pro gunner is likely to be Jake Kumerow.

Joemailman
08-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Courtney Cronin
ESPN Staff Writer
Rule 12, Article 9 under "player conduct" in the 2018 NFL rule book is about roughing the passer. Here's the point of emphasis explained in full: "A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as "stuffing" a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation provided for in (a) above. When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player's arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight."

Sounds like NFL doesn't want any more star QB's with broken collarbones.

wist43
08-02-2018, 09:47 PM
We're in big trouble if Burks is in the starting lineup... when Ryan went down I assumed Pettine would have the sense to realize Burks has no business on the field.

Thomas, move Matthews, Gilbert, sign Bowman... anyone is better than Burks.

Actually my preference would be to sign Bowman.

texaspackerbacker
08-02-2018, 10:33 PM
What could Burks possibly have done at this point to have people so down on him? I don't know, maybe he really will be that bad, but there is no indication whatsoever one way or the other at this point.

As I have said, I think Burks' best position is OLB where his speed most effective, not ILB. I HOPE Pettine/McCarthy is giving some thought to the idea of moving Clay Matthews primarily to ILB.

mraynrand
08-03-2018, 08:18 AM
but there is no indication whatsoever one way or the other at this point.

Sure, there's no video of him playing football, ever.

run pMc
08-03-2018, 09:21 AM
I think Burks will be ok. I liked the pick at the time, and it will take a while before we know if he stinks or not.

Having speed at ILB is a good thing IMO -- he should be better able to provide pass coverage than Ryan or even Martinez.
IDK about playing him at OLB weighing 230 -- seems like he could get engulfed by tackles and struggle to set an edge vs. the run.

I do see the logic in having speed on the edge and where presumably there's more space, but I think it makes sense to try him inside first. I'm not sure pass rush is his best skill, they can always blitz him up the middle on a cross dog.

mraynrand
08-03-2018, 09:42 AM
The complaint about Burks is that his football instincts are bad. Wist declared he is the worst football player ever (Ryan Leaf, lol). We'll see.

Zool
08-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Yes let's put the former safety at OLB and have him rush the passer at 230 pounds.

UNSOUND!

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2018, 11:35 AM
a cross dog.

https://t2.ea.ltmcdn.com/en/images/2/2/1/img_how_to_know_if_your_dog_is_angry_122_600.jpg

I don't understand any of this football shit.

pbmax
08-03-2018, 12:24 PM
That's a good question. A better question is how brain transplant surgery was carried out, and this kid's parents didn't seem to know.

Those conversations never go well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o7UDpn1mKI

pbmax
08-03-2018, 12:31 PM
What could Burks possibly have done at this point to have people so down on him? I don't know, maybe he really will be that bad, but there is no indication whatsoever one way or the other at this point.

As I have said, I think Burks' best position is OLB where his speed most effective, not ILB. I HOPE Pettine/McCarthy is giving some thought to the idea of moving Clay Matthews primarily to ILB.

One year at the position where he looked lost on more than one occasion. He was a safety before that.

Remember Clay Matthews spinning to find Kaepernick?

pbmax
08-03-2018, 12:40 PM
Devante Mays is leaving the field and heading to the training room. Means both he and Aaron Jones are out with hamstring injuries.

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod
Aaron Rodgers throws a perfect deep pass to Kumerow who gets open on a stop and go route for a TD #Packers

wist43
08-03-2018, 01:17 PM
The complaint about Burks is that his football instincts are bad. Wist declared he is the worst football player ever (Ryan Leaf, lol). We'll see.

He has a chance to EVENTUALLY be a good player... he has top flight athleticism.

That said, his college film is horrific - literally horrific.

He hasd a long, long,long way to go.

Cheesehead Craig
08-03-2018, 03:18 PM
It's not too late to join the Burks Bandwagon! His stock will never be lower.

mraynrand
08-03-2018, 03:55 PM
PBmax with the Trek ref. Nicely done.

smuggler
08-03-2018, 10:22 PM
Really starting to sound like Kumerow is going to make the team.

RashanGary
08-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Really starting to sound like Kumerow is going to make the team.

I don’t think he will. Too many players more talented physically.

mraynrand
08-03-2018, 11:24 PM
^^^ Got to at least get a few preseason games in first!

pbmax
08-05-2018, 08:18 AM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
Uh-oh. #Packers franchise left tackle David Bakhtiari is walking around gingerly on the sideline and talking with Dr. Pat McKenzie, athletic trainers and Bryan Bulaga. Looks like he was testing out his left lower leg/ankle.

“I don’t have enough information to answer that,” coach Mike McCarthy said the severity of the injury. “I know it’s his ankle but that’s all I know.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/ContentGallery/Green-Bay-Packers-training-camp-notes-for-Practice-8-David-Bakhtiari-hurt-on-Family-Night-120397136/#120397136_1

RashanGary
08-05-2018, 09:50 AM
He’s fine. He’ll be out there on week 1. Sprained ankles aren’t too bad.

Vincenzo
08-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
Uh-oh. #Packers franchise left tackle David Bakhtiari is walking around gingerly on the sideline and talking with Dr. Pat McKenzie, athletic trainers and Bryan Bulaga. Looks like he was testing out his left lower leg/ankle.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/ContentGallery/Green-Bay-Packers-training-camp-notes-for-Practice-8-David-Bakhtiari-hurt-on-Family-Night-120397136/#120397136_1
That Family Night scrimmage is a jinx for the team. Bulaga tore his ACL and was lost for the entire season in the same scrimmage just 5 years ago.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2018, 11:56 AM
He has an ankle.

How are we a full week into training camp and we don't manage to have a 53 roster projection?

mraynrand
08-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Honestly, I just assume sooner or later every season will be torpedoed by injuries. Hell, 2010 was really no different except that a few key cogs lasted just long enough to eek out a championship. APRH is a joke.

Fritz
08-05-2018, 05:22 PM
One year at the position where he looked lost on more than one occasion. He was a safety before that.

Remember Clay Matthews spinning to find Kaepernick?

Brian Urlacher was a safety in college, baby! Get on the Burks wagon - lots of room!

mraynrand
08-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Brian Urlacher was a safety in college, baby! Get on the Burks wagon - lots of room!

Burkestock is rising!

red
08-05-2018, 06:51 PM
according to the odds, we have the 10 best odds of winning the super bowl at 30-1

pbmax
08-06-2018, 11:37 AM
Mike McCarthy says David Bakhtiari "has an injury, and it's not of the longterm nature. We'll see how he goes through the rehab." #Packers

#Packers coach Mike McCarthy said there is no long term concern with LT David Bakhtiari's ankle injury.

@PackerReport
No impact - yet - on how he'll handle Thursday's preseason game with Rodgers and No. 1 offense.

@PackerReport
McCarthy on Bakhtiari: He's got an injury and it's not of long-term nature.

@TomSilverstein
MM on Spriggs: Different challenges they go through after a major injury to a joint. Until they get through first year, hard to say when they're back to 100% No different for Jason.

@Michael_Cohen13
McCarthy says Jason Spriggs, like all players who go through major injuries, is dealing with the associated challenges of his dislocated kneecap from December. It takes the better part of a year to get back to 100 percent. #Packers

@packers
McCarthy: David Bakhtiari's injury is "not of a long-term nature." #PackersCamp

@TomSilverstein
MM on run game: You're better served working on pass game in OTAs. We're better off in pass rush in camp than we have been in past years. But I"m happy with the way we're running the ball. Maybe the D is behind a little bit in the run game.

@TomSilverstein
MM on Murphy: He's coming off a major injury, he's working through some things. Very instinctive, very aware player.

@Michael_Cohen13
McCarthy says you like keeping offensive linemen working on one side or the other. We've seen Murphy on the left and Spriggs on the right lately. Unclear if the coaches will rotate them now that Bakhtiari is injured. #Packers

@PackerReport
No impact - yet - on how he'll handle Thursday's preseason game with Rodgers and No. 1 offense.

@jasonjwilde
This could be because McCarthy never planned on playing Aaron Rodgers in the preseason opener Thursday night anyway. Brett Hundley got the start last year in the first exhibition game.Jason Wilde added,

@packers
McCarthy on #FamilyNight: It's an incredible training environment. It's really like having a fifth preseason game.

@PackerReport
Mike Pettine will be in the box during the games - same with Capers.

@TomSilverstein
McCarthy said that defensive coordinator Mike Pettine likes to coach from the box during games.

@PackerReport

@Michael_Cohen13
McCarthy says he was pleased with Saturday's practice at Lambeau Field. "I thought the work was really good. The tempo, the substitutions, we really didn't have any issues there. Until we go live and tackle, I would say it was a high-quality practice from a video standpoint."

Packer Report @PackerReport
No update on Cole Madison, who remains excused from camp.

pbmax
08-06-2018, 11:43 AM
@TomSilverstein
McCarthy said he had not update on Cole Madison, who has yet to report because of a personal issue.

@PackerReport
McCarthy raves about the depth of the secondary and the "outstanding battles" in that group.

@TomSilverstein
McCarthy said he hasn't had this kind of depth in the secondary in some time. "I'm very pleased how our secondary looks."

@Michael_Cohen13
McCarthy discussing the secondary: "We haven't had that much depth around here in quite some time. ... I'm very pleased with the way our secondary looks." #Packers

@WesHod
McCarthy: "Our secondary group, we haven't had that kind of depth in some time." #Packers

Teamcheez1
08-06-2018, 11:44 AM
The Cole Madison saga is getting very old with me.

pbmax
08-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Several roster moves for the #Packers:

* Signed RB Akeem Judd
* Placed ILB Jake Ryan (knee) on IR
* Placed OLB C.J. Johnson (hamstring) on IR
* Released OL Ethan Cooper

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2018, 12:01 PM
McCarthy on #FamilyNight: It's an incredible training environment. It's really like having a fifth preseason game.

And the Pro Bowl is like having a second Super Bowl. Who needs tackling and blocking?

mraynrand
08-06-2018, 01:09 PM
And the Pro Bowl is like having a second Super Bowl. Who needs tackling and blocking?

Certainly not soccer moms.

pbmax
08-06-2018, 01:13 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod
Bryan Bulaga is back in pads #Packers

pbmax
08-06-2018, 01:18 PM
Certainly not soccer moms.

I think the soccer moms moved on in the 70s.

pbmax
08-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
Bryan Bulaga is back in pads #Packers

gbgary
08-06-2018, 02:07 PM
i don't even give him a thought.

Radagast
08-06-2018, 03:31 PM

:huh: What is the story on this guy? He was supposed to be the new Stud on the block. :sad:

hoosier
08-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Mike McCarthy says David Bakhtiari "has an injury, and it's not of the longterm nature. We'll see how he goes through the rehab." #Packers.

Translation: It is not life-threatening. We will have a better idea by the end of camp whether or not it is season threatening.

pittstang5
08-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Translation: It is not life-threatening. We will have a better idea by the end of camp whether or not it is season threatening.

No...Translation: He'll sit the rest of camp and pre-season, be "Good to Go" week 1, re-injury in the first series of the first game and be out the rest of the year.

KYPack
08-06-2018, 07:50 PM
Several roster moves for the #Packers:

* Signed RB Akeem Judd
* Placed ILB Jake Ryan (knee) on IR
* Placed OLB C.J. Johnson (hamstring) on IR
* Released OL Ethan Cooper

Is IR in the Pre-season mean for the year?

(Yes, I know about Packer Hammy)

hoosier
08-06-2018, 08:32 PM
Yup. Have to be on initial 53 to be eligible for return.

Joemailman
08-06-2018, 08:35 PM
Yup. Have to be on initial 53 to be eligible for return.

Injury settlement is possible for a guy with a non-season ending injury though. Not sure if the team offering the injury settlement can then sign the guy when he's eligible to come back.

MadScientist
08-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Injury settlement is possible for a guy with a non-season ending injury though. Not sure if the team offering the injury settlement can then sign the guy when he's eligible to come back.

I believe any other team can sign him after he is eligible to come back, but the team that placed him on IR has to wait 2 or 4 weeks longer. This prevents teams from having an unlimited IR-returns at the bottom of the roster.

Cheesehead Craig
08-06-2018, 10:00 PM
No...Translation: He'll sit the rest of camp and pre-season, be "Good to Go" week 1, re-injury in the first series of the first game and be out the rest of the year.

Ahhhh pittstang, how I missed you. How've you been?

mraynrand
08-06-2018, 10:11 PM

This is peak Packerrats cynicism. I'm kinda disappointed I didn't post this first.

Cheesehead Craig
08-07-2018, 03:12 PM
This is peak Packerrats cynicism. I'm kinda disappointed I didn't post this first.

You are kind of a disappointment anyway. Much like the rest of the Packerrats population.

mraynrand
08-07-2018, 04:13 PM
Another day, another barrage of big kicks from rookie punter J.K. Scott. In six live punts against a rush, Scott averaged 54.9 yards with 4.74 seconds of hang time. He saved the best for a last, a remarkable 63-yarder with 4.96 seconds of hang time.

"I know the legacy of drafting kickers around here," Said Scott. "I know that I have to prove myself, but that people will always compare me to failed kickers like Brett Conway and B.J. Sander. At the very least, I want to be known as 'B.J. Sander, but with talent'" "At least they didn't trade up into the third round for me."

mraynrand
08-07-2018, 04:14 PM
You are kind of a disappointment anyway. Much like the rest of the Packerrats population.

Don't go thinking you'll get on my good side with praise.

mraynrand
08-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Courtney Cronin
ESPN Staff Writer
Rule 12, Article 9 under "player conduct" in the 2018 NFL rule book is about roughing the passer. Here's the point of emphasis explained in full: "A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as "stuffing" a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation provided for in (a) above. When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player's arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight."

Sounds like NFL doesn't want any more star QB's with broken collarbones.

That's not new though, right. It sounds like Stubby wrote that watching tape of Rodgers getting injured by Barr.

Is this still OK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqbcj0dg5AE

It should be....lol

KYPack
08-07-2018, 10:09 PM
"I know the legacy of drafting kickers around here," Said Scott. "I know that I have to prove myself, but that people will always compare me to failed kickers like Brett Conway and B.J. Sander. At the very least, I want to be known as 'B.J. Sander, but with talent'" "At least they didn't trade up into the third round for me."

Nice quote Rand. Where'd you dig that up?
I live in the Cincinnati area, home of B.J. Sander (part of the Cincinnati area is in KY). When I'd go to the gym in Cincinnati during BJ Sander "era", his uncle would accost me. I usually wear some old Packer T to the gym & this guy would see it. He'd bump up and extol the virtues of BJ and what a great ass punter that nephew would be for the Pack. Once would be OK, but this guy would keep it up. He only recognized me when I was wearing a GBP T. Anything else, he'd go right by me. Things got worse when we finally cut 'ol Beej. Now he would accost me about how stupid GBP mgt was. So I went back to wearing generic T's until the guy calmed down/went away.

Scott showed me something by shooting his mouth off. That takes balls and shows confidence. But no Packer punter should talk shit until he's punted in the cold. Let's see ya in December when it's cold and that wind blows in off the Bay.

KYPack
08-07-2018, 10:15 PM
The Pack's air corp had a rough day today. And Rodgers is pissed.

Quote on

It’s not a good start for us on the carded period for the young guys. I think [DeAngelo] Yancey has really progressed, [Geronimo Allison], obviously 16 [Jake Kumerow]. But everybody else was piss poor.”

Quote off

+ ARod's deal ain't done and he is chapped about that.

+ Jordy's gettin' his mail in Oakland & that pissed him off also.

Bad Air day

mraynrand
08-07-2018, 10:35 PM
Nice quote Rand. Where'd you dig that up?
I live in the Cincinnati area, home of B.J. Sander (part of the Cincinnati area is in KY). When I'd go to the gym in Cincinnati during BJ Sander "era", his uncle would accost me. I usually wear some old Packer T to the gym & this guy would see it. He'd bump up and extol the virtues of BJ and what a great ass punter that nephew would be for the Pack. Once would be OK, but this guy would keep it up. He only recognized me when I was wearing a GBP T. Anything else, he'd go right by me. Things got worse when we finally cut 'ol Beej. Now he would accost me about how stupid GBP mgt was. So I went back to wearing generic T's until the guy calmed down/went away.

Scott showed me something by shooting his mouth off. That takes balls and shows confidence. But no Packer punter should talk shit until he's punted in the cold. Let's see ya in December when it's cold and that wind blows in off the Bay.

The punting numbers were accurate, and but the quote was fake news. Just having some fun with the fellow inmates. Sorry to mislead...

I always hope these guys have moxie but don't think their excrement smells like roses. Obviously Sander's uncle bought in! A little humility goes a long way.

mraynrand
08-07-2018, 10:36 PM
The Pack's air corp had a rough day today. And Rodgers is pissed.

Quote on

It’s not a good start for us on the carded period for the young guys. I think [DeAngelo] Yancey has really progressed, [Geronimo Allison], obviously 16 [Jake Kumerow]. But everybody else was piss poor.”

Quote off

+ ARod's deal ain't done and he is chapped about that.

+ Jordy's gettin' his mail in Oakland & that pissed him off also.

Bad Air day

Pissed off Rodgers is best Rodgers.

Joemailman
08-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Some of what he said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkBl78aX0AE0m9c.jpg

pbmax
08-08-2018, 07:48 AM

I would love it if it was, but this cannot be an actual quote.

/nevermind

pbmax
08-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Rodgers was running the scout team to prep for the preseason game. He was working with the scrubs. And he just set their chair on fire. Good for him.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/07/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-vents-sloppy-play-young-receivers/928385002/

It was the seventh day of August, 48 hours before a preseason opener in which Rodgers won’t play, but the two-time MVP quarterback wasn’t about to accept lackadaisical. Running a scout-team play is a rather simple endeavor: Each player’s assignment is drawn on a card, which is shown in the huddle immediately before the snap. To run a wrong route, then, is difficult.

It’s even harder to excuse. Rodgers remained exasperated at his locker afterward, intent on sending a message.

“It was one of the worst card sessions we’ve had,” Rodgers said. “I don’t know how you can make it any simpler. You literally have what the play would be in our terminology on the card, and the effort level was very low. Especially with what I’m accustomed to. I’ve been running that period for a number of years.

“So it’s not a good start for us on the card period for the young guys.”

mraynrand
08-08-2018, 08:13 AM
^^^^^ These rookies/young guys are used to automated card/chip readers. Probably need remedial card reading.

pbmax
08-08-2018, 08:23 AM
^^^^^ These rookies/young guys are used to automated card/chip readers. Probably need remedial card reading.

If the Packers had any imagination, they would have a magnetic stripe on that play card, swipe it on the iPad and then the play would display heads up on the players visor.

~Byron Donzis

pbmax
08-08-2018, 08:30 AM
“When you’re on the sideline,” Pettine said, “you’re usually limited to kind of what you’re carrying, and I don’t want to be that guy that looks like he’s flipping through a Cheesecake Factory menu while I’m looking for stuff on defense. So I spread out a lot of stuff.”

snip

Pettine said he chose to coach from the sideline when he was defensive coordinator in Buffalo during the 2013 season because offenses were going up-tempo, forcing him to make quicker calls. Once the NFL allowed one defensive player to wear a communication helmet, Pettine said it “cinched” his preference to be in the booth.

So that is what they have printed on those cards.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/07/packers-notes-rookie-punter-jk-scott-looking-worth-risk/924901002/

pbmax
08-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Nice overview of players and camp so far from Spoon: https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/07/packers-camp-insider-josh-jackson-slot-opportunity/924487002/

Highlights:
- Josh Jackson getting reps as #1 slot while Jaire has a groin injury. JJ kept close to Adams
- Quentin Rollins getting a look at safety after being dime LB and slot guy earlier in camp. Probably due to Brice injury
- Kendricks suffering from dropsies. Spoon theorizes that if Packers keep 3 TE, might be Graham, Lewis and young guy
- E.S. Brown was off to slow start but has come on in last two practices, getting some reps with the ones
- McCray doing better in pass pro, though the competition cited was Connor Sheehy, a UDFA I think

mraynrand
08-08-2018, 08:46 AM
So that is what they have printed on those cards.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/07/packers-notes-rookie-punter-jk-scott-looking-worth-risk/924901002/

That explains a lot. Stubby probably is selecting his cheesecake from the menu and Rodgers is left to ad-lib.

pbmax
08-08-2018, 08:53 AM
@TomSilverstein
Traditionally: No. 1 defense practicing against cards = playing vs. Titans. Rodgers playing scout team = not playing vs. Titans.

@TomSilverstein
Mike Pettine said he will map out how much playing time his defense needs in preseason and adjust based on the readiness of individuals. There will be targets, but they could change as the preseason goes on.

@TomSilverstein
Pettine said of busted coverages in camp: "Probably the norm, maybe a little less. We're very vertical conscious." Said If it's going to happen they're going to make sure it happens underneath and not over the top.

@TomSilverstein
OL James Campen said T Jason Spriggs is still getting used to the 20 pounds he put on during the off-season and that it is affecting the way he's moving around. He said after a week and a half, Spriggs should start catching up with the added weight and play better.

Cheesehead Craig
08-08-2018, 10:09 AM
@TomSilverstein
OL James Campen said T Jason Spriggs is still getting used to the 20 pounds he put on during the off-season and that it is affecting the way he's moving around. He said after a week and a half, Spriggs should start catching up with the added weight and play better.

Spriggs should get some advice from Stubby on how to handle this given he does this every year.

pbmax
08-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Adding 20 pounds seems dumb in one year.

Radagast
08-08-2018, 10:32 AM
To properly welcome back Packer Football, I've planned a special Dinner/Buffet to be enjoyed as the 1st pre-season game is telecast. My menu is as follows:

Miller Beer (properly iced in a cooler)
Bratwurst (grilled)
Mac & Cheese
Fresh Garden Salad (dressing of choice)

:glug:

mraynrand
08-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Can't go wrong with Brats!

I'm serving poutine.

for beer, I recommend

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.BZoTKQQ2kZEHvsqMRtOZlwAAAA&pid=Api

or

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2ycMqCGJFYU/UbTkhAdc8lI/AAAAAAAAAbc/lVJ1KI7k2gQ/s1600/DSC_5956.JPG

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Miller Beer (properly iced in a cooler)
Bratwurst (grilled)
Mac & Cheese
Fresh Garden Salad (dressing of choice)

You were doing so well - what's with the stinking rabbit food?

Radagast
08-08-2018, 12:03 PM
You were doing so well - what's with the stinking rabbit food?

Many of us enjoy healthy vegetables in our diets, it might be something that your diet is badly in need of. :glug:

mraynrand
08-08-2018, 12:14 PM
"Graham was not seen on the practice field on Tuesday because he's dealing with a knee injury he suffered on Monday. Graham was slow to get up after Josh Jones landed on him while he was attempting to catch a pass from Aaron Rodgers. Graham seemed fined because he was able to finish practice, but the coaching staff could be holding him out to play it safe. "

Poutine defenses know how to injure the TE.

Cheesehead Craig
08-08-2018, 12:54 PM
"Graham was not seen on the practice field on Tuesday because he's dealing with a knee injury he suffered on Monday. Graham was slow to get up after Josh Jones landed on him while he was attempting to catch a pass from Aaron Rodgers. Graham seemed fined because he was able to finish practice, but the coaching staff could be holding him out to play it safe. "

Poutine defenses know how to injure the TE.
Not only does Graham start every sentence but he gets fined for finishing practice.

Fritz
08-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Some of what he said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkBl78aX0AE0m9c.jpg

Dad got mad at the kids.

Harlan Huckleby
08-08-2018, 07:36 PM
So MM calls the rookie (Kumerow) by his number just like Lombardi used to do. Corny.

Joemailman
08-08-2018, 07:55 PM
So MM calls the rookie (Kumerow) by his number just like Lombardi used to do. Corny.

That was Rodgers, not MM.

pbmax
08-08-2018, 10:54 PM
Certainly don't need to upgrade the offensive scheme boys.

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar
Most passes thrown after holding ball 4+ seconds since 2011
1. 2016 Aaron Rodgers - 111
2. 2017 Russell Wilson - 103
3. 2015 Aaron Rodgers - 100
4. 2014 Russell Wilson - 90
5. 2012 Aaron Rodgers - 80
6. 2014 Aaron Rodgers - 77
7. 2015 Teddy Bridgewater - 69
[Source: ESPN]

bobblehead
08-08-2018, 11:32 PM

Teddy almost lost his damn leg...not sure I want Arod on any list with him.

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2018, 06:29 AM

To be fair I'd expect Rodgers and Wilson to lead this category. They buy the most time with their legs--while also keeping their eyes down the field. Carson Wentz is similar, and I expect him to emerge as a third guy in this category.

smuggler
08-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Teddy almost lost his leg in a non-contact injury. Apples and oranges.

pbmax
08-13-2018, 11:12 AM
In good news, Gilbert has taken over some #1 reps from Fackrell. Packers healthier now than at any other point, with only

In less than good news, first team Defense had Brice at safety, Tramontana and House at CB and Lowry in for Daniels. Putting aside a nicked-up Daniels, the only first or second team player out there was Burks at ILB.

pbmax
08-13-2018, 11:14 AM
To be fair I'd expect Rodgers and Wilson to lead this category. They buy the most time with their legs--while also keeping their eyes down the field. Carson Wentz is similar, and I expect him to emerge as a third guy in this category.

If by similar you mean, offense which relies on out executing everyone one on one and has too few remaining players to do that outside of their QB, then I am in agreement with you.

But I do bet Wentz will not be on this list anytime soon.

Joemailman
08-13-2018, 11:31 AM
The Cole Madison mystery continues.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/13/packers-not-expecting-rookie-cole-madisons-return-anytime-soon/

“He’s still dealing with a personal matter. We don’t expect Cole back anytime soon,” Gutekunst said Monday. “This will take a little bit of time for him to deal with. We’re fully supportive of what’s going on.”

Gutekunst said the team is in constant communication with Madison, the Packers’ fifth-round pick out of Washington State. He also said he’s confident Madison will eventually return and play football again.

“I would like to think that’s the case, yes,” Gutekunst said.

red
08-13-2018, 05:54 PM
so he's not playing this year, and if we get anything out of him at any point, we should consider it a bonus

Joemailman
08-13-2018, 06:27 PM
so he's not playing this year, and if we get anything out of him at any point, we should consider it a bonus

Even if he comes back sometime this year, pretty tough for a rookie to miss all of training camp and contribute much of anything. Outlook long term might be better unless he's dealing with a serious health/drug issue.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2018, 08:02 PM

Who cares about a 5th round lineman's rookie season? Probably better emergency prospects on practice squads or street.
If he has talent, he'll be back next year at latest.

pbmax
08-14-2018, 08:11 AM
Injury updates!

Kevin King and Jaire Alexander are back with the Packers. After both players missed practice last week due to injuries, both cornerbacks were seen at practice on Sunday according to multiple reports. King has been dealing with a shoulder injury while Alexander injured his groin.

King's shoulder injury is not like the injury he had last year where he had to be placed on injured reserve at the midway point and eventually was forced to have surgery. Last year's shoulder injury was something he was dealing with at the University of Washington and he did everything he could to play through it.

"It was something that was happening more frequently than not," King said back in December. "It came out, especially these last few games, it probably came out probably each game. So, yeah, it came to a point where they kind of just shut me down. It was hard because especially with something that I was trying to fight through, but in the end, it got to the point where it was probably better to get it done."

I'm glad to know that King's shoulder injury isn't the same thing as last year's shoulder separation, but I would like it to be the other shoulder, which the article does not claim. In fact, I would rather it be a different body part entirely.

Bahk and Bulaga are both taking reps with the ones. I read elsewhere that the non-practicing list was as short as its been in camp.

Rodgers said practice in the last week was markedly improved. This is after he spent time again with the Scout team yesterday and a week after he said practice with the same group was piss poor.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Kevin-King-Jaire-Alexander-return-to-practice--120613856

gbgary
08-14-2018, 11:15 AM
Injury updates!

I'm glad to know that King's shoulder injury isn't the same thing as last year's shoulder separation, but I would like it to be the other shoulder, which the article does not claim. In fact, I would rather it be a different body part entirely.

i'm pretty sure i read last week that it's the opposite shoulder from last year. yup...

Kevin King would not say Friday how he suffered the right shoulder injury that has kept him out of practice this week and the Green Bay Packers' preseason opener, but the second-year cornerback said he isn’t concerned long-term.

Chronic dislocations to King’s left shoulder derailed his rookie season, eventually requiring surgery and placing him on injured reserve. per Packersnews.com

Fritz
08-14-2018, 11:24 AM
i'm pretty sure i read last week that it's the opposite shoulder from last year. yup...

per Packersnews.com

PB ought to thank you for shouldering the burden on that one.

Speaking of, when King gets beat for a big TD this season, I hope doesn't just shrug his shoulders. He's likely to dislocate something.

pbmax
08-15-2018, 08:10 AM

per Packersnews.com

I DO thank you for finding this. I can rest easy now that King's musculoskeletal frame will disintegrate half as fast as I first feared.

pbmax
08-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Why Your Team Sucks, Packers Edition is up and Magary is feeling his Viking oats.

Also, I think red ghost wrote it.

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-green-bay-packers-1828354098

Mark:

At least I never have to hear Troy Aikman say, “Let’s see what Dom Capers draws up here.”

red
08-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Why Your Team Sucks, Packers Edition is up and Magary is feeling his Viking oats.

Also, I think red ghost wrote it.

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-green-bay-packers-1828354098

LOL

This might take some getting used to, but now that Ted is gone, the Packers are engaging in something called FREE AGENCY, in which players who are no longer under contract are now “free” to sign with any other team they wish. Pretty bold shit! So hang onto your FUPAs, gang, because this team will have honest-to-God new talent biking onto the practice field this summer. They actually signed players you’ve heard of! Sure, they’re mostly washed up and not very good, but still: PROGRESS.

red
08-15-2018, 04:30 PM
LOL

I can’t even imagine what kind of extended mourning period these fans had for Jordy when he left. I picture a 450-pound man man sitting shiva in a ranch-style house, surrounded by loved ones and trays of bean dip, quietly dabbing away his tears as he watches grainy footage of Jordy on a VHS player because modern entertainment options haven’t arrived in that godforsaken icehole yet.

pbmax
08-16-2018, 07:37 AM

Chad S. @Shoopmonster
@drewmagary Wisconsin is just Minnesota if it didn't feel guilty about every thing it did. You prude.

pbmax
08-18-2018, 02:39 PM
#Packers have signed RB LeShun Daniels and placed RB Akeem Judd on the reserve/retired list. Judd was signed Aug. 6 and did some nice things to catch the attention of Mike McCarthy. Daniels, a second-year player from Iowa, has spent time with the Patriots, Chargers and Redskins.

pbmax
08-19-2018, 11:12 AM
I am getting a bad feeling about Aaron Jones return.

Green Bay Packers @packers
#Packers sign RB Bronson Hill

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dk-YUJrUUAAVx36.jpg:large

pbmax
08-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Your backup tackle battle: https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/18/breaking-down-the-packers-backup-ot-situation/

Some great clips of the backups, mostly focusing on Spriggs and Murphy though there is some Bell in there too.

Initially, I thought both were terrible. The Packers must have been (or became) panicked about Spriggs because until late, he had a TE next to him a lot. More than Murphy it seemed. And while Murphy looked like he was trusted more on both sides, he really struggled at times.

The one piece the clips miss would seem to be overload blitz problems when Spriggs was on the right side. Twice it seemed they had different ideas about protections and let a free rusher through that the back was unprepared to handle through. In one case it looked like the back expected the line to allow a rusher in the middle but he came from the outside. Might have been just an effective overload blitz with a feint. 3 lineman only block 2 defenders in the end.

pbmax
08-19-2018, 02:14 PM
Good news:

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod
LB Nick Perry (ankle) has been activated off PUP. “Its an exquisite day. I’m excited to be back to the team” #Packers

Rutnstrut
08-19-2018, 05:29 PM
Good news:

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod
LB Nick Perry (ankle) has been activated off PUP. “Its an exquisite day. I’m excited to be back to the team” #Packers

Now he can get a start on the next hang nail.

red
08-19-2018, 05:46 PM
Good news:

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod

but for how long?

mraynrand
08-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Y In one case it looked like the back expected the line to allow a rusher in the middle but he came from the outside. Might have been just an effective overload blitz with a feint. 3 lineman only block 2 defenders in the end.

This was with Monty inside, right? Blown assignment, I think. Overall, some of the blocking problems did seem more assignment problems than crappy individual talent/skill. Hopefully that's the case, because that can be fixed. Suckitude from both Murphy and Spriggs at this point might be unsolvable.

mraynrand
08-19-2018, 10:40 PM
It's also possible that Lane Taylor might be your backup LT. Although, if that were the case, you might have seen Murph and Spriggs get some snaps at LG. Alternatively, the Packers will put another guard in there for Taylor if he has to go outside... thinking out loud here ...

bobblehead
08-20-2018, 12:06 AM
LOL

I think TT signed more FA last season than Gute did this year.

mraynrand
08-20-2018, 06:38 AM
but for how long?

2-3 snaps, tops.

pbmax
08-20-2018, 07:26 AM
This was with Monty inside, right? Blown assignment, I think. Overall, some of the blocking problems did seem more assignment problems than crappy individual talent/skill. Hopefully that's the case, because that can be fixed. Suckitude from both Murphy and Spriggs at this point might be unsolvable.

Might have been, don't remember the back.

I rewatched it like 5 times and could not decide if they choose the wrong way to slide, were fooled by the four men in the gaps, or the back was just in the wrong place. I finally decided it was a clever blitz but you could be right about the assignments being wrong.

Did you think the back did not adjust by sliding to the right of the QB or that the line should have slide right and let the back have the LB?

The Center (55 by this time) first looked to the linebacker who did not come. Then he helped the Guard. The DT was handled by the Guard/Center. Spriggs took a very tight aligned DE and let the wide rusher go free. So 3 blocking 2 but the only other way to handle it would be to slide protection to the right and leave the middle guy unblocked.

mraynrand
08-20-2018, 08:21 AM
^^^^ PB, do you know when that play was in the game? The one I'm thinking of was first half, but other than that I don't know where it is at all...

Joemailman
08-20-2018, 09:10 AM
Steelers 2nd drive of the game they had runs up the middle for 26 and 24 yards. Any word on what happened there? I had the sense someone was not in the right lane, but couldn't be sure.

Joemailman
08-20-2018, 12:41 PM
I am getting a bad feeling about Aaron Jones return.

Green Bay Packers @packers
#Packers sign RB Bronson Hill

I think this more more about the injuries to the other running backs. They're probably more worried about the first 2 weeks when they know Jones can't play.

pbmax
08-20-2018, 01:16 PM
^^^^ PB, do you know when that play was in the game? The one I'm thinking of was first half, but other than that I don't know where it is at all...

I did not watch the 2nd half except in spots. So likely first half, second quarter. But that's the best I can do. I do think the TV broadcast had a replay of it showing the pressure on the QB.

pbmax
08-20-2018, 01:22 PM
SPRIGGS™ WATCH WILL RETURN THIS WEEK. Someone should do Murphy watch as well.

Rodgers and No. 1 line playing all scout team. Should give you an idea who’s playing Friday.

red
08-20-2018, 02:27 PM
SPRIGGS™ WATCH WILL RETURN THIS WEEK. Someone should do Murphy watch as well.

Rodgers and No. 1 line playing all scout team. Should give you an idea who’s playing Friday.

so, right back to what we do every year, and don't we usually get off to slow starts?

i say this every year, but preseason is just as much about getting the rest of the guys use to playing with a-rod, as it does getting a-rod ready to go

one series each preseason has not been enough in the past

Joemailman
08-20-2018, 03:45 PM
Rob Demovsky

@RobDemovsky
Some key players returned and did team (11-on-11) drills: DT Mike Daniels (quad), CB Kevin King (shoulder), RB Aaron Jones (hamstring), S Jermaine Whitehead (back) and G Lane Taylor (quad). http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41028500-4 …

1:52 PM - Aug 20, 2018

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
As expected, no Jake Kumerow. He’s nursing that shoulder sprain suffered against Steelers.

12:37 PM - Aug 20, 2018

CB Davon House (hamstring) went through early drills but that was it. Others who didn't practice were; WR Trevor Davis (hamstring), WR Jake Kumerow (shoulder), RB Jamaal Williams (ankle), RB Devante Mays (hamstring) and G Justin McCray (calf).

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer
2h ago

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
WR J’Mon Moore with an unfortunate slip as he broke toward the sideline. Allowed for an easy interception by CB Donatello Brown on a ball thrown by DeShone Kizer. #Packers

1:16 PM - Aug 20, 2018

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
Lucas Patrick taking some snaps at center. McCarthy said they’d be moving lots of guys around this week.

1:09 PM - Aug 20, 2018

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
#Packers really want to see if OL Byron Bell can help them. Has been No. 1 at times at RT and was at RG with starters in place of injured McCray today.

1:02 PM - Aug 20, 2018.

Joemailman
08-20-2018, 03:55 PM
Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
Lucas Patrick taking some snaps at center. McCarthy said they’d be moving lots of guys around this week.

1:09 PM - Aug 20, 2018

I was waiting for a move like this. Backup Center needs to be someone who can also fill in at Guard. Probably not good news for a guy like Dillon Day.

pbmax
08-24-2018, 09:10 AM
Cheesehead TV with some helpful rumor tracing:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/no-the-packers-arent-actively-shopping-randall-cobb-437

Michael Lombardi, the Andrew Brandt of the Browns and Patriots, put on his podcast that he'd heard that Cobb was being shopped around. Packers (presumably) struck back with RapSheet tweeting that the Packers had received calls but were not shopping Cobb. However CTV have missed the boat here. If the blowback to RapSheet was fielding calls and not he isn't available, that probably means Cobb is available at the right price. Because ...

IB @incarceratedbob

**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**
Khalil Mack trade rumors are heating up ����
#Raiders heard from 6 teams L24-48hours (2 offers on table)
#Bills #Jets #Packers #Giants #Seahawks #49ers

Normally I would assume a Twitter user with a name of Incarcerated Bob is as reliable as Bretsky's favorite second round draft picks. But this guy has gotten picked up by more known, reputable sources. LaCanfora has also confirmed three of the team (Bills, Jets, Colts).

However, the idea that the Packers are one of two teams that have an offer on the table seems to have been at CheeseheadTV but taken down. If you click the link, it cannot find the article.

Twitter link to CTV story: https://t.co/HU0P9ZspLT
One source among a dozen: https://twitter.com/thepackersguru/status/1032840430059106304
Also: https://twitter.com/CHTVLive/status/1032840353777238016

mraynrand
08-24-2018, 10:36 AM
Everyone is available at the right price.

run pMc
08-24-2018, 11:02 AM
Latest I heard was that Mack is NOT on the block, nor is Cobb. Heard Jets had made a substantial offer for Mack. Also heard at least one team had called GB about Cobb, not that he was being shopped. (Gotta dig up the sources.)
I imagine that happens all the time...if you were a GM, why not call around and ask about players?

pbmax
08-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Need some help. We must jettison Mike McCarthy and rename a city after Doug Pederson to get him to come coach the Packers. Maybe Lodi, Little rapids or Chicago Corners.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlY9C2KU4AASf3S.jpg:large

pbmax
08-24-2018, 03:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlY9DeyU8AAYmmL.jpg:large

pbmax
08-24-2018, 03:59 PM
The above is from:

Josh Hermsmeyer @friscojosh
Doug Pederson on where he first came into contact with RPOs, and how teams and coaches mocked the Eagles offense as High School Football last season.

red
08-24-2018, 05:34 PM
why are you yelling quotes at us?

pbmax
08-24-2018, 06:11 PM
why are you yelling quotes at us?

Twitter is yelling at you, not me.

Fritz
08-24-2018, 07:24 PM
Everyone is available at the right price.

Mad just called a Vikings site moderator to let her know you were available for three ads out of Appleton and a conditional poster to be named later.

mraynrand
08-25-2018, 06:08 AM
Mad just called a Vikings site moderator to let her know you were available for three ads out of Appleton and a conditional poster to be named later.

Vikings always overpay for Packer 'talent'

pbmax
08-27-2018, 08:56 AM
ICYMI: The #Packers traded CB Lenzy Pipkins to the #Colts for ILB Antonio Morrison. What does that mean for Oren Burks, who dislocated his shoulder Friday night in Oakland? What happens to the rest of the cornerbacks? All of that in today’s story:

I don't think Morrison is a threat to Burks as he is a run stuffer apparently so I did not link to the story.

But this is the first indication I saw of the exact Burks injury. He's got to be a month away at least, no?

ThunderDan
08-27-2018, 09:06 AM
ICYMI: The #Packers traded CB Lenzy Pipkins to the #Colts for ILB Antonio Morrison. What does that mean for Oren Burks, who dislocated his shoulder Friday night in Oakland? What happens to the rest of the cornerbacks? All of that in today’s story:

I don't think Morrison is a threat to Burks as he is a run stuffer apparently so I did not link to the story.

But this is the first indication I saw of the exact Burks injury. He's got to be a month away at least, no?

I had an issue with my shoulder and it would pop in and out of joint. Maybe like a Davidson thing at the UW. I never missed a high school game because of my shoulder. It hurt a lot if it popped out and had to be put back in but I kept playing.

pbmax
08-27-2018, 09:46 AM
I had an issue with my shoulder and it would pop in and out of joint. Maybe like a Davidson thing at the UW. I never missed a high school game because of my shoulder. It hurt a lot if it popped out and had to be put back in but I kept playing.

Could be. But has to hurt his effectiveness, no?

My ankles would sprain at the mere hint of uneven ground. I usually could still play but start/stop and lateral movement were still a problem. Full speed running was much less so.

With a shoulder popping out, has to change how you play and reach for an opponent. Plus I bet they put him in a harness.

pbmax
08-27-2018, 09:49 AM
SPRIGGS™ is the 3rd OT. But it might be by default.

Spriggs, who was mysteriously demoted before the first preseason game against Tennessee, might be the team’s No. 3 offensive tackle by default. Maybe a half-hour after McCarthy’s press conference, Kyle Murphy, who had been the front-runner for that job, was seen walking down a hallway behind the locker room with a walking boot on his right foot.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Backup-offensive-line-races-stumble-to-finish-line-121075296/

There have been 112 offensive tackles to play at least 30 pass-protecting snaps in the preseason. According to Pro Football Focus and its pass-blocking efficiency metric, which measures sacks, this and hurries per pass-protecting snap, Spriggs ranks 29th (zero sacks, three hurries), Adam Pankey ranks 61st (zero sacks, seven hurries), Alex Light ranks 109th (zero sack, one hit, five hurries) and Murphy ranks 110th (four sacks, one hit, eight hurries). No player has allowed more sacks in the preseason than Murphy, according to PFF.

mraynrand
08-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Yeah that play we were debating in another thread was all on Murphy. Very poor footwork and no anchor. Bad combo.

I'm surprised SPRIGGS' numbers are that good. He's looked awful far more than three snaps...

pbmax
08-27-2018, 11:30 AM
Yeah that play we were debating in another thread was all on Murphy. Very poor footwork and no anchor. Bad combo.

I'm surprised SPRIGGS' numbers are that good. He's looked awful far more than three snaps...

His best trait right now might be never letting go even while he is getting run over. Its kinda sad, but its more effective than missing. He also has had a lot of TE help, at least during the Titans game.

Speaking of missing, I think Marshall Newhouse might be the starting tackle for the Bills. Saw Newhouse starting, but not certain he was with the 1s.

mraynrand
08-27-2018, 11:44 AM
His best trait right now might be never letting go even while he is getting run over. Its kinda sad, but its more effective than missing. He also has had a lot of TE help, at least during the Titans game.

Speaking of missing, I think Marshall Newhouse might be the starting tackle for the Bills. Saw Newhouse starting, but not certain he was with the 1s.

So what you're essentially saying is that Murphy was better playing in traffic as a kid than SPRIGGS. Murphy only took glancing blows from cars, but SPRIGGS got hit head-on.

pbmax
08-27-2018, 01:30 PM
So what you're essentially saying is that Murphy was better playing in traffic as a kid than SPRIGGS. Murphy only took glancing blows from cars, but SPRIGGS got hit head-on.

He punished the car that hit him! You could hear the dent.

pbmax
08-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
With WR/KR Trevor Davis (hamstring) and RB Devante Mays (hamstring) in pads after long layoffs, #Packers have only four players out: WR Jake Kumerow (shoulder), ILB Oren Burks (shoulder), OT Kyle Murphy (ankle) and … QB Aaron Rodgers (illness). Yet to see Mays/Davis in 11-on-11.

pbmax
08-27-2018, 01:54 PM
OT Bryan Bulaga limping back to sideline after getting tangled up with someone. Seems to be OK. Nobody tending to him.

Gonna be like this all year.

mraynrand
08-27-2018, 02:08 PM
Bulaga wants that coveted Terry Glenn award.

red
08-27-2018, 02:34 PM
OT Bryan Bulaga limping back to sideline after getting tangled up with someone. Seems to be OK. Nobody tending to him.

Gonna be like this all year.

LOL

walking wounded. needed to replace him this last offseason, or the offseason before

you just can't depend on the guy to stay healthy

red
08-27-2018, 02:37 PM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
With WR/KR Trevor Davis (hamstring) and RB Devante Mays (hamstring) in pads after long layoffs, #Packers have only four players out: WR Jake Kumerow (shoulder), ILB Oren Burks (shoulder), OT Kyle Murphy (ankle) and … QB Aaron Rodgers (illness). Yet to see Mays/Davis in 11-on-11.

bet kumerow is really regretting that totally unnecessary dive into the endzone these days

might just cost him a spot