PDA

View Full Version : Official Jake Kumerow Bandwagon Thread!

Joemailman
07-29-2018, 01:23 PM
All aboard!

The 6-foot-4, 209-pound receiver made three impressive catches during the third-team offense’s two-minute series, helping set up an eventual 15-yard touchdown pass from DeShone Kizer to Robert Tonyan to end the drill.

In the next period, Kumerow slipped between the cornerback and safety on a corner route to make a leaping grab on a pass from Brett Hundley to end his best day in a Packers’ uniform.

“He’s really stood out throughout the spring. He’s been extremely productive with his opportunities,” McCarthy said. He’s still climbing and scratching. That’s really nothing new for us from what we’ve seen since he’s been here.”

Aaron Nagler

@AaronNagler
2 nice snags in 2 minute from Kumerow on throws from Kizer.

1:27 PM - Jul 27, 2018

Jason Wilde

@jasonjwilde
I’ll tell you what, ex-@WarhawkFootball WR Jake Kumerow is having himself a day. Fantastic leaping sideline catch from Hundley in pass-under-pressure. Was just asked by @ZachHeilprin if I’m ready to put Kumerow on the #Packers 53. Not quite yet. But he has been impressive today.

1:46 PM - Jul 27, 2018 · Ashwaubenon, WI

Joemailman
07-29-2018, 01:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jake-kumerow?id=2553235

OVERVIEW
Father, Eric, was a first-round pick of the Miami Dolphins in 1988. Ohio State All-American defensive end Joey Bosa is Jake's cousin. Started his career as a walk-on at Illinois, where he played for one year.

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.52 and 4.56 seconds
Vertical jump: 31 inches
Broad jump: 9 feet, 5 inches
Short shuttle: 4.26 seconds
3-cone: 6.9 seconds
Bench: 15 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Angular build with ability to track throws and attack them. Effective use of frame, hands and arms to box out or reposition defender when trying to make red-zone catches. Dominated in the red zone against his competition. Uses quick speed-cut to free himself on out-breaking routes. Above-average routes with attention to detail. Smooth pass-catcher with soft hands. Decent after the catch. Has adequate build-up speed. Confident performer from football bloodlines.

WEAKNESSES Positional blocker in run-heavy offense who needs to show more physicality as a run blocker. Marginal quickness off snap and into routes. Unlikely to threaten cornerbacks enough to back them off. Gets redirected by press coverage and takes a second to ramp back up into his route. Needs to stay lower in routes and show more bend. Produced big numbers against lower level of competition.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 7 or priority free agent

BOTTOM LINE Lanky, productive former walk-on who got his start at Illinois before transferring to Wisconsin-Whitewater, where he has posted 33 touchdowns over the last two seasons. Shows the ability to win in the red zone against lesser competition, but short-area quickness and athleticism will be questioned as he steps into an NFL camp. Highly competitive and from a football family. Has an NFL shot.

red
07-29-2018, 04:26 PM
i don't see a roster spot for him

Joemailman
07-29-2018, 04:39 PM
I don't disagree unless he's so good that he can't be put on PS without being claimed by somebody else. Who around here knew much about Adam Thielen this time a year ago?

mraynrand
07-29-2018, 04:43 PM
This years’ Max McCaffrey perhaps.

KYPack
07-29-2018, 05:10 PM
I don't disagree unless he's so good that he can't be put on PS without being claimed by somebody else. Who around here knew much about Adam Thielen this time a year ago?

Don't know where to find this, but I don't think he can be put on the PS.

He was on the Bengals PS several times and on ours once.

Joemailman
07-29-2018, 05:40 PM

Didn't realize that. The guy is 26 years old. https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/jake-kumerow/career

Rutnstrut
07-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Is this another of those guys that we get all excited about but stubby refuses to play him? That or Rodgers has a wire up his butt about him and won't throw to him. Just seems there is that guy every year or so.

Teamcheez1
07-29-2018, 06:07 PM

If he can't be put on the practice squad, he won't be our regular roster.

George Cumby
07-29-2018, 07:10 PM
His dad was drafted by the ‘Phins back when I still cared about them. Iirc Shula “just had a feeling” about The Dad Kumerow.

Sad to watch the game pass by Shula.

KYPack
07-29-2018, 07:25 PM
If he can't be put on the practice squad, he won't be our regular roster.

For the Bengals, Jake was a pre-season and practice squad warrior. He is an impressive player. Tall and fast for a guy that tall, he runs great routes. He reminds me of Joe Jurevicius, the old Buc receiver.

He was on our PS and the active roster for our last game.

A Patler type is needed to check his PS eligbility.

Fritz
07-29-2018, 07:43 PM
For the Bengals, Jake was a pre-season and practice squad warrior. He is an impressive player. Tall and fast for a guy that tall, he runs great routes. He reminds me of Joe Jurevicius, the old Buc receiver.

He was on our PS and the active roster for our last game.

A Patler type is needed to check his PS eligbility.

26 years old? Christ, he's almost ready for retirement!

texaspackerbacker
07-29-2018, 10:27 PM
Kumerow ranks about 9th in a situation where we keep 7 - maybe only 6. He's good as gone. I'm just wondering who the 8th best that also won't make it. I woulda said Yancy, but apparently he's off to a good start.

Zool
07-30-2018, 01:31 AM
Is this another of those guys that we get all excited about but stubby refuses to play him? That or Rodgers has a wire up his butt about him and won't throw to him. Just seems there is that guy every year or so.

Yup. The stupid fuckers hate winning football games. They’d rather piss off fans. It’s pretty much the only thing they do.

Zool
07-30-2018, 01:31 AM
26 years old? Christ, he's almost ready for retirement!

At 26 you are who you are.

mraynrand
07-30-2018, 06:54 AM
At 26 you are who you are.

25, too

pbmax
07-30-2018, 07:03 AM
The more I read scouting reports, the more they seem like movie versions of newscasts or newsreels.

Containing a simulacrum of knowledge and foresight, but in most cases simply a poor parody.

But they are right often enough (see that guy's round grade) that you can't tell if they are bad writers or simply guessing. Is the entire scouting industrial complex (I WATCHED THE FILM!) based on guessing about prospects?

Radagast
07-30-2018, 07:04 AM
Sometimes a football player comes along who is not lightning fast, or extra tall, or deceptively strong, or even exceptionally intelligent, yet no other player/s on the team can match his heart. He deserves a fair chance to compete for a roster spot. Should prove to be a most interesting pre-season.

Cheesehead Craig
07-30-2018, 08:21 AM
What's his NFL.com rating?

Radagast
07-30-2018, 09:06 AM
What's his NFL.com rating?

My point precisely, analytics and statistics do not always tell the full measure of a player. It does not measure his will to succeed or his willingness to go beyond what is required of him. How hard does he work and how dedicated is he?

Vincenzo
07-30-2018, 10:43 AM
In my opinion Kumerow could possibly make the Packer Hall of Fame, but wait, much of the Care Taking staff gets inducted into that.

Zool
07-30-2018, 01:02 PM
In my opinion Kumerow could possibly make the Packer Hall of Fame, but wait, much of the Care Taking staff gets inducted into that.

I hear they are hiring a night time security guard. He could probably get that.

KYPack
07-30-2018, 04:29 PM
Fun fact about Jake Kumerow, his great grandfather is The Godfather, Tony "The Tuna" Accardo.

That might account for all his times on various PS's.

The coaches didn't want to tell him he was cut so they just put him on PS for a year.

Joemailman
07-31-2018, 04:53 PM
Zach Heilprin
@ZachHeilprin
The ball sailed high but Jake Kumerow just put a double move on Tramon Williams that left the veteran grasping at air. Continues a really strong camp.

12:56 PM - Jul 31, 2018

Zach Heilprin
@ZachHeilprin
Jake Kumerow touchdown from 20 yards out on a slant from DeShone Kizer. #makingplays

1:15 PM - Jul 31, 2018

Doubters beware!

Fritz
07-31-2018, 05:22 PM
Doubters beware!

Might tell us more about Tramon Williams than Jake Kummerbund.

mraynrand
07-31-2018, 08:32 PM
Might tell us more about Tramon Williams than Jake Kummerbund.

#washedup

pbmax
08-01-2018, 06:38 AM
No, no, c'mon. Look he played fantastic in seven games last year for the cardinals. Age is just a number. He knows Pettine. He's gonna be just fine no matter how many teams have cut bait on him.

Fritz
08-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Once you start hearing yourself described as "crafty" and "saavy," your football career is about over.

Cheesehead Craig
08-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Once you start hearing yourself described as "crafty" and "saavy," your football career is about over.

How about that description for a football forum poster?

Fritz
08-01-2018, 03:38 PM
How about that description for a football forum poster?

Ah, so you turn the question! Ah, only a crafty, wily vet such as yourself could manage it based on sheer saavy.

Joemailman
08-01-2018, 04:04 PM
No, no, c'mon. Look he played fantastic in seven games last year for the cardinals. Age is just a number. He knows Pettine. He's gonna be just fine no matter how many teams have cut bait on him.

Played in 13. Started 9. Of course, he didn't have to try to cover Jake Kumerow.

mraynrand
08-01-2018, 04:49 PM
I base my entire thinking on single training camp plays. On a related note, Kyler Fackrell is All-Pro.

gbgary
08-01-2018, 06:44 PM
i'm on board.

Cheesehead Craig
08-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Ah, so you turn the question! Ah, only a crafty, wily vet such as yourself could manage it based on sheer saavy.

Damn you Fritz!

Teamcheez1
08-02-2018, 12:57 PM
At training camp practice today:

@WesHod
Tramon Williams still got it. Hanging tight with arguably the fastest guy on the team, Trevor Davis, and breaks up pass in WR vs DB. EQ St. Brian has run some sharp routes too #Packers

run pMc
08-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Ran across this and thought it was interesting...at the 2:35 mark they claim St. Brown slid in the draft because he told teams he didn't want to play ST. Not sure it's true (no source cited) so it could just be nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBXaZJIpP2M

Interested in the WR and CB battles in camp. (Yes RT too.)

mraynrand
08-03-2018, 08:13 AM
Ran across this and thought it was interesting...at the 2:35 mark they claim St. Brown slid in the draft because he told teams he didn't want to play ST. Not sure it's true (no source cited) so it could just be nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBXaZJIpP2M

Interested in the WR and CB battles in camp. (Yes RT too.)

Special Teams Brown: "I'm Julio Jones, play me as a WR or don't play me" lol (that's what the guy on the vid intoned - Special Teams Brown never really said this (we suppose).

pbmax
08-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Its one step away from calm.

#AJHawk

pbmax
08-03-2018, 12:36 PM
I base my entire thinking on single training camp plays. On a related note, Kyler Fackrell is All-Pro.

He got shut out the next day, stonewalled by that Tackle who was on PS last year. You know, whats-his-name.

So we are back to Holy Fackrell is bad.

Joemailman
08-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod
Aaron Rodgers throws a perfect deep pass to Kumerow who gets open on a stop and go route for a TD #Packers

12:42 PM - Aug 3, 2018

Kumerow continues to make Rodgers look good.

mraynrand
08-03-2018, 04:00 PM
He got shut out the next day, stonewalled by that Tackle who was on PS last year. You know, whats-his-name.

So we are back to Holy Fackrell is bad.

You pick yours and let me pick mine.

No booger jokes please.

Joemailman
08-03-2018, 08:22 PM
“I think Jake Kumerow has had a fantastic camp,” Rodgers said. “I think you have to spotlight him. He’s made a ton of plays, did it all spring and summer and now he’s getting reps with me and making a ton of plays. He’s running the right route all the time and making contested catches and putting the ball away.”

Never hurts to have The Man/The Head Honcho/The Big Cheese on your side.

mraynrand
08-03-2018, 11:27 PM

Stubby has more cheese on board than Rodgers by far. But if Kum-e-row is running the correct routes all the time for Rodgers, he's in like Flynn.

Radagast
08-04-2018, 09:32 AM

It means a lot to provide feedback, be it negative or be it positive. It demonstrates the ability to express the truth to praise or to correct as the case may be. Silence just leaves people wondering in the dark and can foster future communication problems.

Joemailman
08-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Ryan Wood

@ByRyanWood
Another excellent play from #Packers WR Jake Kumerow, leaping over Quinten Rollins to catch a high pass in back of end zone during red-zone one-on-ones. All he’s done is impress.

12:50 PM - Aug 7, 2018

:glug:

gbgary
08-08-2018, 01:09 PM
if the Packers don't keep him he'll end up on New England...again.

bobblehead
08-08-2018, 11:34 PM

Or your a white NBA player.

bobblehead
08-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Kumerow continues to make Rodgers look good.

BRING BLACK JEVON WALKER!!

smuggler
08-09-2018, 11:37 AM
Javon*

Joemailman
08-09-2018, 10:09 PM
You can't stop Jake Kumerow. You can only hope to contain him.

Radagast
08-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Kumerow stock just keeps rising. A good thing for the portfolio. :-)

Rutnstrut
08-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Kumerow won't make the team as he supposedly doesn't have the upside the younger guys do. Plus GB never thinks outside the box. Maybe some of that white privilege I keep hearing people whine about will help him.

run pMc
08-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Lot of preseason to go yet, but it sure seems like he's the #4 or #5 WR. Thought I read somewhere that he doesn't have anymore practice squad eligibility. If you keep 7 WRs, do you keep him and the 3 rookies over Davis and Yancey? (I'm assuming Adams, Cobb and Allison are top 3.)
Really, with how they will probably use Graham and Ty, the #4 and #5 WRs shouldn't get much playing time.

Kumerow makes sense right now, maybe not so much in 2 years. How is he on ST?

Teamcheez1
08-10-2018, 07:21 PM
I will be surprised if Kumerow makes the team. He has the potential but the math doesn't add up.

The Shadow
08-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Kumerow SHOULD make the team.

Joemailman
08-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Kumerow SHOULD make the team.

It may come down to choosing between upside and current production. Kumerow may be able to contribute more to the Packers this year, but the rookies have more physical ability. It would be a good year for one of the rookie WR's to suffer a surprising injury late in the preseason and end up on IR.

Joemailman
08-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
Tim Boyle and Jake Kumerow keep up their connection. Kumerow with a one-armed diving catch on a deep ball over Demetri Goodson. Def intro called, too.

2:06 PM - Aug 12, 2018.

mraynrand
08-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Def intro called, too.

Seems like a weird thing at training camp, but too each his own:

https://youtu.be/I6v4QWaQ2kU

bobblehead
08-12-2018, 06:05 PM
It may come down to choosing between upside and current production. Kumerow may be able to contribute more to the Packers this year, but the rookies have more physical ability. It would be a good year for one of the rookie WR's to suffer a surprising injury late in the preseason and end up on IR.

In years past this is when TT would step on someones foot and declare them out for the season with a limp. Coincidentally it was always a guy with talent who needed another offseason of work

Joemailman
08-13-2018, 04:13 PM
Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
In 1on 1 and 2 on 2 WR vs. CBs, rookie CB Josh Jackson and WR Jake Kumerow really stood out.

12:50 PM - Aug 13, 2018

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
Kumerow dug one ball out of the dirt and then beat House to the corner of the end zone.

12:52 PM - Aug 13, 2018.

Joemailman
08-13-2018, 04:19 PM
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2018/08/10/PPAN/bc4da9ed-a4c6-4e91-9394-e43963790ab6-uscpcent02-71dzd7s63ld1hoxtb5wv_original.jpg?width=540&height=405&fit=bounds&auto=webp

gbgary
08-13-2018, 06:05 PM

how can Kumerow not be looked upon as having upside after he's beating everyone out there? more reps begets more confidence which begets more catches which begets more trust from qb1 which begets jordy-like chemistry and results.

Teamcheez1
08-13-2018, 06:57 PM
If a receiver gets hurt, I think Kumerow stands a chance of making the roster. We're talking receivers 5, 6, & 7 on the roster. There are a lot of variable at play and I don't have a solid read from tweets I see about practice. The first preseason game didn't sway me one way or the other.

Rutnstrut
08-13-2018, 08:16 PM
how can Kumerow not be looked upon as having upside after he's beating everyone out there? more reps begets more confidence which begets more catches which begets more trust from qb1 which begets jordy-like chemistry and results.

I agree with you. But upside is really just code for they don't want to pay a guy that will help them right now. Plus if they take him over one of their draft picks that's some ego to swallow because someone was wrong.

Joemailman
08-13-2018, 08:31 PM
I agree with you. But upside is really just code for they don't want to pay a guy that will help them right now. Plus if they take him over one of their draft picks that's some ego to swallow because someone was wrong.

Two ridiculous comments here.

First, Kumerow's salary is as low or lower than anyone else on the team. So money won't be an issue.

Second, there probably isn't a team in the NFL that is more willing to play undrafted players ahead of their draft picks than the Packers. Lane Taylor certainly will be a starter. McCray, Brice and Tramon Williams all have good chances to be starters. Reggie Gilbert is one likely injury to Matthews or Perry away from being a starter.

The Shadow
08-13-2018, 10:30 PM

That!

Rutnstrut
08-14-2018, 04:22 AM
Two ridiculous comments here.

First, Kumerow's salary is as low or lower than anyone else on the team. So money won't be an issue.

Second, there probably isn't a team in the NFL that is more willing to play undrafted players ahead of their draft picks than the Packers. Lane Taylor certainly will be a starter. McCray, Brice and Tramon Williams all have good chances to be starters. Reggie Gilbert is one likely injury to Matthews or Perry away from being a starter.

Those players were played out of necessity. Plus their positions weren't as "deep" as receiver is perceived to be.

hoosier
08-14-2018, 08:24 AM
Kumerow: Would be nice to see him make the team, but whether it's him or Yancy or St Brown who makes the final cut, I am pretty sure we're talking about a bottom of the roster player who will rarely see the field.

Zool
08-14-2018, 08:28 AM
Those players were played out of necessity. Plus their positions weren't as "deep" as receiver is perceived to be.

SO much for ever admitting you're wrong.

run pMc
08-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Can they PUP Davis? I'm thinking someone will end up on IR.
It sounds like he's outplaying the other WR's, so he's gotta fall off a cliff (or the rest of the group catches up to him) for him not to make the team. Maybe the press have Janisitis, but it sure sounds like he makes at least one good play every practice.

Smidgeon
08-15-2018, 03:01 PM
Can they PUP Davis? I'm thinking someone will end up on IR.
It sounds like he's outplaying the other WR's, so he's gotta fall off a cliff (or the rest of the group catches up to him) for him not to make the team. Maybe the press have Janisitis, but it sure sounds like he makes at least one good play every practice.

No. We go through this every year. If they practice even once during training camp, they are ineligible for PUP. There aren't two PUP lists (one for training camp and one for the regular season). There is just one that you can come off (permanently) any time up until opening day. But once you come off it (or started training camp off it), your next shot at PUP is the following year.

Zool
08-15-2018, 03:06 PM
Maybe he meant IR designated to return?

Carolina_Packer
08-15-2018, 04:18 PM
For all of those still in withdrawal over not being able to cheer "Kuuuuuuuuhhhhhnnnnnn!!!!" anymore can yell "Kuuuummm!" should he make the team. So you got that going for you, which is nice.

run pMc
08-15-2018, 04:46 PM
OK, thanks. Yeah was thinking you had to be out for all of TC to land on PUP but wasn't sure. They could IR-designate him, not sure how worthwhile that is given he's about a WR#5 at best.

Patler
08-15-2018, 08:45 PM
There is no "designated to return" any longer. No designation is required. The team can simply return any two players from IR without previously identifying them at the time they go on IR.

Joemailman
08-15-2018, 09:17 PM
There is no "designated to return" any longer. No designation is required. The team can simply return any two players from IR without previously identifying them at the time they go on IR.

But they must be on the 53 man roster at the start of the season. Yes?

mraynrand
08-16-2018, 08:30 AM

good catch

Guiness
08-16-2018, 08:47 PM
Kumerow with some nice catches again tonight.

pbmax
08-16-2018, 08:48 PM
I am thinking of changing the dog's name to Kumerow.

Guiness
08-17-2018, 10:44 AM
Have to think this guy's top end speed (can we call that athleticism?) is hurting him.

On that TD run he was zig-zagging away, looking over his shoulder fighting off tacklers. You think he would’ve been able to do that if it was a starting safety trying to pull him down? Jordi/Cobb/Adams would’ve put their head down and turned on the jets.

call_me_ishmael
08-17-2018, 10:52 AM
I'd rather have a slow guy that can consistently get first downs. Sure he didn't seem too fast but I don't think Jordy, Cobb or Adams are particularly speedy either. More so quick.

bobblehead
08-17-2018, 11:48 AM
Have to think this guy's top end speed (can we call that athleticism?) is hurting him.

On that TD run he was zig-zagging away, looking over his shoulder fighting off tacklers. You think he would’ve been able to do that if it was a starting safety trying to pull him down? Jordi/Cobb/Adams would’ve put their head down and turned on the jets.

Agreed. He didn't look the part while scoring an 82 yard TD...cut him.

Guiness
08-17-2018, 11:56 AM
I'd rather have a slow guy that can consistently get first downs. Sure he didn't seem too fast but I don't think Jordy, Cobb or Adams are particularly speedy either. More so quick.

Too slow and separation becomes an issue. Big and strong only gets you so far and you just end up with a 3rd string CB/safety blanketing you. Jordi absolutely had a great 2nd gear, his top speed was amazing, but not anymore. I'd guess the Pack have in Kumrow what they just gave up in Jordi.

Harlan Huckleby
08-17-2018, 11:59 AM
Mr. Sterling Sharpe went a long way just being big and strong.

Rutnstrut
08-17-2018, 07:59 PM

a fast miss is still a miss. Speed does a guy no good if he has pork chop hands.

mraynrand
08-17-2018, 10:11 PM
a fast miss is still a miss. Speed does a guy no good if he has pork chop hands.

Saw an interview with J'Mon - he was talking about all the thinking involved. Pretty much seemed like the speed of the game, the size of the playbook may be an issue. Some guys just take longer to figure it out. He may not be ready yet. If Kumerow knows what he's doing, that's a another big plus.

Rutnstrut
08-17-2018, 10:36 PM
Saw an interview with J'Mon - he was talking about all the thinking involved. Pretty much seemed like the speed of the game, the size of the playbook may be an issue. Some guys just take longer to figure it out. He may not be ready yet. If Kumerow knows what he's doing, that's a another big plus.

I will admit I am quick to judge WR's. I couldn't stand James Jones that season he had all those drops, yet to date is one of my favorite packer receivers. I am still waiting for Adams to turn back into the fraud. I admit he seems pretty damn good and I was probably wrong about him. But I really don't think J'Mon is very good.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-18-2018, 01:05 AM
Mr. Sterling Sharpe went a long way just being big and strong.

I despise stereotypes with all my heart, so props to you for comparing Mr. Kumerow with Mr. Sharpe. That being said, before I jumped onto the Kumerow bandwagon, I compared him to Super Bowl Champ Brett Swain.

In truth, Kumerow is a poor man’s Billy Schroeder. Ole Bill even spent time on NE’s PS.

Ole Bill, alotta Pack fans misunderstood him. Despised the man for his loathsome attitude. But when you’re Aryan and balled at a D-3 school, ain’t no black corner in NFL is gonna respect you. You gotta act loathful, brash and black to survive.

Fritz
08-18-2018, 02:26 PM
No, I think you just gotta run the right routes the right way and catch the ball when it's thrown to you. And block when it's time to block.

pbmax
08-18-2018, 02:35 PM
I despise stereotypes with all my heart, so props to you for comparing Mr. Kumerow with Mr. Sharpe. That being said, before I jumped onto the Kumerow bandwagon, I compared him to Super Bowl Champ Brett Swain.

In truth, Kumerow is a poor man’s Billy Schroeder. Ole Bill even spent time on NE’s PS.

Ole Bill, alotta Pack fans misunderstood him. Despised the man for his loathsome attitude. But when you’re Aryan and balled at a D-3 school, ain’t no black corner in NFL is gonna respect you. You gotta act loathful, brash and black to survive.

I did not misunderstand Billy's unique approach to routes and his alligator arms. I would say his reaction to corners was basically fear, especially in the middle of the field. Track guy playing football.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-20-2018, 11:41 AM
No, I think you just gotta run the right routes the right way and catch the ball when it's thrown to you. And block when it's time to block.

You've just described Dez Bryant, son of Anita.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-20-2018, 11:48 AM
I did not misunderstand Billy's unique approach to routes and his alligator arms. I would say his reaction to corners was basically fear, especially in the middle of the field. Track guy playing football.

Sure, but ole Bill's brain's gonna thank him when he's old and impotent. Antonio Freeman was fearless over the middle. Hopefully CTE doesn't hit 'Free'.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-20-2018, 11:48 AM
dp

Fritz
08-20-2018, 01:51 PM
Sure, but ole Bill's brain's gonna thank him when he's old and impotent. Antonio Freeman was fearless over the middle. Hopefully CTE doesn't hit 'Free'.

I'm sure that's what Schroeder was thinking when he short-armed all those passes.

Joemailman
09-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Well, for now Jake is a Packer! I'm looking forward to Jake scoring his 1st official Packer touchdown...and then doing an end zone celebration that doesn't include a somersault. :bang::glug:

Pugger
09-02-2018, 11:38 AM

I know you have a crush on Bryant but if he was so wonderful why is he still unemployed? There are lot of other jerky guys playing in this league so it has to be another reason...

Fritz
09-02-2018, 11:59 AM

In 2012.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-02-2018, 12:11 PM
I know you have a crush on Bryant but if he was so wonderful why is he still unemployed? There are lot of other jerky guys playing in this league so it has to be another reason...

Hapless Browns offered Dez a contract. Dittto, the Ravens of House Bisciotti, an Italian mob family. Bryant turned both down. Dez wants to play for a bona fide winner.

Bretsky
09-02-2018, 12:13 PM
Hapless Browns offered Dez a contract. Dittto, the Ravens of House Bisciotti, an Italian mob family. Bryant turned both down. Dez wants to play for a bona fide winner.

Dez is no worth much money. Dude doesn't get open anymore. Nobody is going to offer him that much. Nobody wants Dez. Beggers can't be choosers. He should just take what's offered and have one year and prove me wrong

Anti-Polar Bear
09-02-2018, 12:17 PM
In 2012.

2018 Dez still has more Kung fu than Allison, the Packers current #3 wanker.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Dez is no worth much money. Dude doesn't get open anymore. Nobody is going to offer him that much. Nobody wants Dez. Beggers can't be choosers. He should just take what's offered and have one year and prove me wrong

Do you think Nelson is washed up also? Bryant had a Hun throwing him the rock last season.

DeZ can still rock and roll and rap and dance to country.

Bretsky
09-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Do you think Nelson is washed up also? Bryant had a Hun throwing him the rock last season.

DeZ can still rock and roll and rap and dance to country.

Nelson is NOT washed up; he still runs very good routes (unlike Dez) and gets open. He's two years removed from the knee injury now.

It seems like Guter let Nelson go and shuffled the money to Graham. We should have tried to retain a bit more IMO.

Teamcheez1
09-02-2018, 04:48 PM
All the talk of Dez Bryant, and here we sit with the season opening this week, and he will be sitting at home eating his popcorn and taking selfies.

pbmax
09-02-2018, 05:40 PM
The Cowboys have dreck at WR and they let Bryant go. Should tell you all you need.

red
09-02-2018, 10:12 PM
All the talk of Dez Bryant, and here we sit with the season opening this week, and he will be sitting at home eating his popcorn and taking selfies.

maybe the time of the loud self promoting "me first" WR has finally ended

i can't really think of any left of that TO mold

Rutnstrut
09-03-2018, 12:46 AM
maybe the time of the loud self promoting "me first" WR has finally ended

i can't really think of any left of that TO mold

Julio Jones, ODB to name 2.

smuggler
09-03-2018, 03:11 AM
Packers wanted to keep Nelson. They just didn't want to keep him at that salary. A year too soon is better than a year too late. He will have a fine 2018, by my guess.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2018, 03:13 AM
Nelson is NOT washed up; he still runs very good routes (unlike Dez) and gets open. He's two years removed from the knee injury now.

It seems like Guter let Nelson go and shuffled the money to Graham. We should have tried to retain a bit more IMO.

Dez ain’t Jennings good at running routes, but he ain’t Janis poor, either. Above average route runner. (As for Janis, who gives a fuck that he can’t run the triple post route? Just bombs away with the dude!)

The decline in 88’s stats has more to do with injuries, inept QB play, and a run first offense more than 88 losing his entire Kung Fu overnight. 88 ain’t 30 yet. He can still fight. He’s still passionate about a game that could screw up his head down the road, and passion is always good.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2018, 03:18 AM
Packers wanted to keep Nelson. They just didn't want to keep him at that salary. A year too soon is better than a year too late. He will have a fine 2018, by my guess.

My point was, when you have Brett Fucking Hundley throwing you the rock, your stats gonna suffer. Dak was the Hunnish last season.

Tony Oday
09-03-2018, 08:09 AM
K Dog is now on IR.

red
09-03-2018, 08:11 AM
K Dog is now on IR.

BEST ENDZONE DIVE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ranks up there with Gus Frerotte celebrating a TD by running head first into a wall

Joemailman
09-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Strike somersault from the list of Approved Green Bay Packer Endzone Celebrations.

http://www.sirenabernal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/wagon-crash1.jpeg

Teamcheez1
09-03-2018, 08:48 AM
K Dog is now on IR.

That's the end of his chance with the Packers. They will either leave him there for the whole season, or come to an injury settlement and waive him.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2018, 08:53 AM
That sucks, as I support NFL oddity. But as Nutz once said, One man’s misfortune is an opportunity for another.

Time to jump on the MVS bandwagon. Or better yet, preorder your 88 Dez Pack jersey!

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2018, 10:13 AM
The Cowboys have dreck at WR and they let Bryant go. Should tell you all you need.

They were trapped in the so-called cap hell, and Hades demanded that they sacrifice Dez.

red
09-03-2018, 10:37 AM
told you guys that this simple shoulder injury would fuck up his season

bobblehead
09-03-2018, 10:48 AM
BEST ENDZONE DIVE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ranks up there with Gus Frerotte celebrating a TD by running head first into a wall

Kendrys Morales stomping on Home Plate after a walk off HR and breaking his leg...never was the same player.

red
09-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Kendrys Morales stomping on Home Plate after a walk off HR and breaking his leg...never was the same player.

i have no clue what sport that is

is it quidditch?

Zool
09-03-2018, 03:23 PM
They were trapped in the so-called cap hell, and Hades demanded that they sacrifice Dez.

COOK THE BOOKS! At least wait longer than a week to contradict your own posts.

Zool
09-03-2018, 03:24 PM

It seems more like they were willing to keep him, but offered him close to the vet minimum. Feels more like a "well we tried" offer than a good faith offer.

smuggler
09-03-2018, 03:32 PM
They already had money invested in him in the form of signing bonus. We already paid him $3.5mil this year. If we gave him another million, that makes his salary from us $4.5 million. That's nice, but the Raiders don't give a shit and offered him $14mil over two years. His choice was between $4.5million from us or $3.5million from us AND $7million from Oakland. He made a business decision. The fact that he even considered our offer just shows how incredibly loyal Jordy was.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Strike somersault from the list of Approved Green Bay Packer Endzone Celebrations.

excuse em moi

Badgers defensive tackle Olive Sagapolu is probably a bit north of 336. This is a superhuman feat - jumping off sand is hard to begin with. Packers should get him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05P5OOnFly0

Rutnstrut
09-03-2018, 05:26 PM
GB lowballed Jordy BIG TIME!!! It wasn't an offer as much as them saying fuck you.

texaspackerbacker
09-03-2018, 06:52 PM
excuse em moi

Badgers defensive tackle Olive Sagapolu is probably a bit north of 336. This is a superhuman feat - jumping off sand is hard to begin with. Packers should get him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05P5OOnFly0

I wish he played football as good as he does gymnastics. (how did this get in this thread anyway?)

Fritz
09-03-2018, 06:58 PM
So Kumerow says he'd do the somersault again?

I hate that kind of crap. Act like you've been there before.

And then he gets injured because of it, but seems to have learned nothing from that?

run pMc
09-04-2018, 12:01 PM
So Kumerow says he'd do the somersault again?

I hate that kind of crap. Act like you've been there before.

And then he gets injured because of it, but seems to have learned nothing from that?

Plenty of teams lose patience and get rid of players who do silly things, or can't stay healthy (and he can't). Jakey better watch out.

Then again, maybe they are just milking the injury to buy time -- if the rookies don't pan out they can bring him back in 8 weeks.

Rutnstrut
09-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Plenty of teams lose patience and get rid of players who do silly things, or can't stay healthy (and he can't). Jakey better watch out.

Then again, maybe they are just milking the injury to buy time -- if the rookies don't pan out they can bring him back in 8 weeks.

If the Packers got rid of often injured players their roster would consist of like 13 players. It sure as hell would not have Bulaga, Montgomery, or Clay.

Carolina_Packer
09-04-2018, 12:28 PM

I think you are right about the milking part. It gives them some roster flexibility to see how the other young receivers pan out while he's on the full mend, if he's not already close. He wasn't likely going to get a lot of targets, even if he was game day active. No reason to rush him.

Joemailman
12-02-2018, 11:04 AM
He is active.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjE5FhDjF1k

bobblehead
12-02-2018, 11:14 AM
GB lowballed Jordy BIG TIME!!! It wasn't an offer as much as them saying fuck you.

Yea...after all Jordy is lighting it up yo...packers fucked up.