PDA

View Full Version : The Official Opening Day Game Thread - Green Bay vs. Chicago

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Fosco33
09-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Cut Gado, he is worthless. It seems to me that the runners in this scheme need to have some shake n bake in the trowsers. These guys suck and are straight line or something.

I've been saying that for 6 months. Who's out there?

Gado and Herron gotta go. I didn't realize how little depth this team has until today.

Herron got hit pretty good on the ball. But he covered up. They haven't given him much of a shot to show anything from RB. But Gado is useless to spell Green.

To this point, I'll say I was wrong about Ahman - let's hope he keeps it up for at least 10 games.

retailguy
I was expecting some growing pains by the rookies and first year players. But there was a lot of bad all over.

Tough to be positive right now.

I guess we will see how MM does after this. It will be tough, because they have played that poorly.

I am also surprised at what we have done - we all the game planning, I was not impressed.

Well - I'm out of here.

RIP, rippackerfan.... :wink:

Deputy Nutz
Herron has no potential

woodbuck27
That entire last series:

Green Bay Packers at 05:12

1-10-GB22 (5:12) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass incomplete deep right to G.Jennings.

2-10-GB22 (5:08) (Shotgun) A.Green left tackle to GB 34 for 12 yards (L.Briggs).

1-10-GB34 (4:34) (Shotgun) A.Green right tackle to GB 39 for 5 yards (L.Briggs, A.Ogunleye).

Ahman Green up to 101 yards on the game.

2-5-GB39 (4:01) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass incomplete short left to R.Ferguson.

3-5-GB39 (3:56) (Shotgun) S.Gado right guard to GB 35 for -4 yards (T.Harris).

4-9-GB35 (3:25) J.Ryan punts 53 yards to CHI 12, Center-R.Davis. D.Hester to CHI 14 for 2 yards (B.Taylor, A.Carroll).

Jon Ryan punting:

PUNTING

NO AVG I20 LG

J. Ryan 6 punts 45.0 AVG. 1 inside the 20 yard line and a long of 53 yards.

motife
The biggest concern today was one of the things I didn't think we'd have to worry about....the secondary

it was really bad. all around, except collins

Ahman Green has 19 carries for 101 yards.

I find the first game of the season is very deceptive. It's almost the kiss of death to come out of the gate smokin'.

The first game is "reality" for a lot of teams, and the ones who get smoked tend to know what they're up against and adapt.

The one thing the Packers miss most?..... Jim Bates.
I think Bob Sanders is going to be another Bob Slowik. The big giveaway was bringing Kurt Schottenheimer back, who was notorious for having ZERO discipline with the DB's in 2004. It was a fiasco.

Mike McCarthy hired Kurt S. only for a return favor to Marty Schottenheimer, period. The guys a complete dolt.

falco
To this point, I'll say I was wrong about Ahman - let's hope he keeps it up for at least 10 games.

Green has looked a lot better than he did last year.

MasonCrosby
great so the packers need a new o-line, a secondary, and some running back depth...oh and another receiver?

Fosco33
At least the Bears aren't pouring it on - like in the early 80s games.

Partial
09-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Cut Gado, he is worthless. It seems to me that the runners in this scheme need to have some shake n bake in the trowsers. These guys suck and are straight line or something.

I've been saying that for 6 months. Who's out there?

Davenport was available for awhile.

Gado beat out Davenport. Sure says a lot about him.

I disagree. I think Davenport outplayed Gado in the preseason. I think they kept Gado and Herron on "potential".

I agree, actually, but they need to find some guys that are agile, and have balance. These guys are just bruisers that run straight forward. Tony Fisher to me seems like a good fit for this scheme.

rdanomly
great so the packers need a new o-line, a secondary, and some running back depth...oh and another receiver?

My guess is that the o-line fixes would help solve the receiver issue

Deputy Nutz

Green has looked a lot better than he did last year.

More explosive, much faster.

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Positives:

Ahman +100 rushing
Ryan punted pretty well
Hawk played well
D-line solid against the run
Driver looked good

THats all I have

Actually, i think Favre played well and under controlm especially with the lack of protection.... until he started throwing it up for grabs again.

Kiwon
No ints, please!

MateoInMex
Well, it's been fun..

I am jettisoning to whatever bar is in walking distance to get bombed as they trot Favre out there to run the ball out.

Fosco33
The biggest concern today was one of the things I didn't think we'd have to worry about....the secondary

I find the first game of the season is very deceptive. It's almost the kiss of death to come out of the gate smokin'.

The first game is "reality" for a lot of teams, and the ones who get smoked tend to know what they're up against and adapt.

I think Bob Sanders is going to be another Bob Slowik. The big giveaway was bringing Kurt Schottenheimer back, who was notorious for having ZERO discipline with the DB's in 2004. It was a fiasco.

Mike McCarthy hired Kurt S. only for a return favor to Marty Schottenheimer, period. The guys a complete dolt.

Good call.

falco

I agree; Favre has had to get rid of the ball so quickly. That probably explains his poor accuracy today as well.

Partial
Well, all you with a Poppinga boner can STFU now because he is awful.

i agree, poppinga can't cover for shit. why haven't they put ben taylor in?

'Cause TT wants to have an entire roster of rookies and 2nd year players. Soon when we lose 10 in a row it's going to look like 28-30 joey harringtons out there.

]{ilr]3
Did you see that piece of shit Woodson try to jump outbounds to try and avoid getting hit.

Way to try and make a play asshole! :evil:

retailguy
09-10-2006, 06:08 PM

Favre can't throw with white jersey's in the backfield. The OL is the root of the offensive problems.

FritzDontBlitz
This is pathetic!!! This is probably the worst special teams to take field in a Packers uniform in a long, long long time.

Except for Caroll and Ryan they have stunk it up. Those two have played VERY well.

carroll sucks as a gunner, after the first punt he's been tid up by the blockers every punt.

Partial

Good call.

Amen, that secondary looked like crap, even Collins.

falco
09-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Driver looked good today too, but Jennings had his hands on two balls that were catchable, and both would have been big gains. Hopefully he can square that away.

Kiwon
26-0! What a disasterous way to start a season!

FritzDontBlitz
Well, all you with a Poppinga boner can STFU now because he is awful.

i agree, poppinga can't cover for shit. why haven't they put ben taylor in?

'Cause TT wants to have an entire roster of rookies and 2nd year players. Soon when we lose 10 in a row it's going to look like 28-30 joey harringtons out there.

lol

Partial
This is pathetic!!! This is probably the worst special teams to take field in a Packers uniform in a long, long long time.

Except for Caroll and Ryan they have stunk it up. Those two have played VERY well.

carroll sucks as a gunner, after the first punt he's been tid up by the blockers every punt.

They held the shit out of him on the Hester return. I don't know how it wasn't called.

woodbuck27
Chicago Bears begin at 3:13

1-10-CHI 14 (3:13) C.Benson left end pushed ob at CHI 14 for no gain (B.Poppinga).

2-10-CHI 14 (3:08) C.Benson up the middle to CHI 19 for 5 yards (B.Poppinga, N.Barnett).

3-5-CHI 19 (3:01) C.Benson left tackle to CHI 23 for 4 yards (K.Gbaja-Biamila).

4-1-CHI 23 (2:20) B.Maynard punts 48 yards to GB 29, Center-P.Mannelly, downed by CHI-L.Joe. PENALTY on GB-N.Collins, Roughing the Kicker, 15 yards, enforced at CHI 23 - No Play.

mmmm.

1-10-CHI 38 (2:10) C.Benson right tackle to CHI 40 for 2 yards (N.Barnett, N.Collins).

2-8-CHI 40 (2:00) C.Benson left tackle to CHI 44 for 4 yards (B.Poppinga).

3-4-CHI44 (1:19) C.Benson right end to CHI 44 for no gain (M.Manuel, N.Barnett).

4-4-CHI44 (:35) B.Maynard punts 45 yards to GB 11, Center-P.Mannelly. C.Woodson pushed ob at GB 15 for 4 yards (B.Ayanbadejo).

Have we got one in us ???

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
and here come the trolls...

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
I feel sick

FritzDontBlitz
09-10-2006, 06:12 PM

They held the shit out of him on the Hester return. I don't know how it wasn't called.

they missed a lot of chicago's holds it seems. edge rushers were being pulled down the whole game. still, if our db's didn't have their heads up their asses they could have overcome the holding.

rdanomly
09-10-2006, 06:12 PM
... and waiting for revenge is so far away

FritzDontBlitz
09-10-2006, 06:14 PM
and here come the trolls...

that's nothing. i work at the ford assembly plant on the south side of chicago, they've been waiting years to brag on a monday after a packers game....

Joemailman
09-10-2006, 06:15 PM
You just can't wait until you are down 16-0 to start throwing the ball. Favre was 5-5 in the 1st half. What happened in the 2nd half will happen to just about any team that falls that far behind against a great defense.

motife
09-10-2006, 06:16 PM
26-0! What a disasterous way to start a season!

I think there is a big positive to this.

It's a wakeup call to a lot of people.

Bob Harlan
John Jones
Ted Thompson
Bob Sanders
Mike McCarthy
Kurt Schottenheimer

The best thing a young team like this can get is a big slap in the face.

Regardless of the record, it's a real test of the organization.

How do the Packers respond to this loss? Is it a learning experience or an excuse for apathy?

I think one of the big cancers on this team is Charles Woodson and his enablers in the front office and the coaching staff.

He's going to be just mailing it in all season, like he did with the minicamps. His blowing off the Packer coaches is a very poor example to all the younger players.

woodbuck27
09-10-2006, 06:18 PM
NO we didn't, SCORE.

That is only ONE loss so let's not creep out on the ledge.

SCORING SUMMARY

1ST QUARTER

TD Bernard Berrian, 49 Yd pass from Rex Grossman (Robbie Gould kick is good), 12:05. Drive: 6 plays, 78 yards in 2:55.

2ND QUARTER

FG Robbie Gould 40 Yd, 13:44. Drive: 9 plays, 62 yards in 4:03.

FG Robbie Gould 39 Yd, 6:29. Drive: 10 plays, 36 yards in 4:33.

FG Robbie Gould 28 Yd, 4:38. Drive: 4 plays, 6 yards in 1:45.

3RD QUARTER

FG Robbie Gould 30 Yd, 1:47. Drive: 10 plays, 54 yards in 5:12.
4TH QUARTER

TD Devin Hester, 84 Yd punt return (Robbie Gould kick is good), 14:06.

FINAL SCORE:

BEARS 26 - PACKERS ZERO

Let's ALL DRINK a beer or alot of beer and get set for game two.

KEEP YOUR CHIND UP !!

Sun., Sept. 17 New Orleans Saints, 12 noon FOX

Reggie Bush and Company visit Lambeau Field.

falco
09-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Motife, I agree with you about the wake up call.

This team isn't the world in the league; its near the bottom, but the way we played today isn't acceptable.

If there aren't some dramatic changes, its going to cost MM his job.

And about Woodson; Carroll played better all last season, and thats not saying much. Woodson hits about as hard as Mike Hawkins; and tackling was supposed to be his strong suit.

Noodle
09-10-2006, 06:19 PM

Favre can't throw with white jersey's in the backfield. The OL is the root of the offensive problems.

Disagree. Favre had time when he started misfiring. You can almost see it happening. He turns, right before our eyes, in to WTF Favre. Near the end of the 3rd, he started missing the deep outs, and he was throwing balls up for grabs down the middle of the field -- the dreaded late down the middle play that he excels at when he starts saying, WTF.

We weren't going to win, but it'd have been good to score. Favre made sure we didn't.

But he didn't lose us the game. Crap interior line play killed us early.

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Excuses, Excuses, just like @ssholes, everyone's got one and they all stink ! Just like the packers, they STINK ! :razz:

What a bunch of LOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSERS !

DA BEARS dominated every aspect of this game !

Farve is a joke !

BOW DOWN packerrats, you just got WHOOOOOOPED ! :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 06:23 PM
ok get this idiot outta here

woodbuck27
09-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Well I hung in there Packer fans but that was to say the least very painful.

I am aching all over after that brutal result. :mrgreen:

We are PACKER FANS. We will be back !!

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Excuses, Excuses, just like @ssholes, everyone's got one and they all stink ! Just like the packers, they STINK ! :razz:

Favre is a joke !

GO BEARS !

green had 100 yards on your vaunted defenses

Fosco33
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM

Favre is a joke !

GO BEARS !

green had 100 yards on your vaunted defenses

The Bears should be :oops: by only beating us by 4 scores.

motife
09-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Motife, I agree with you about the wake up call.

This team isn't the worst in the league; its near the bottom, but the way we played today isn't acceptable.

If there aren't some dramatic changes, its going to cost MM his job.

The test is not the game today, but the response to it.

The running game with Green looked great, and is something to build off of.

Pass protection is one of the "responses". Are Spitz and Moll worthy of patience or not?

I think the defense is going to be hopeless with a sad sack like Bob Sanders being the co-ordinator. I have zero confidence that he can improve or inspire. He's a downgrade from Ed Donatell, in my opinion.

My only hope is Sanders doesn't ruin the young talent before he's canned.

Also, if Woodson won't listen to the coaches I'd cut his ass right now and take the consequences. Looks like another Vet FA bonehead move. Waste of $11 million.

But listen to Schottenheimer? What a pathetic joke.

I like the offensive coaches, and feel confident of improvement there week by week.

Noodle
09-10-2006, 06:28 PM
The one play that works, the draw to Green.

Favre will never fucking learn. McCarthy should have pulled his ass after his 1st INT.
Nutz, you were right.

It's time to put a headset on you.

woodbuck27
09-10-2006, 06:29 PM

Favre is a joke !

GO BEARS !

Was that good for YOU BEARMAN?

I'm assuming that's a YES !

So YOU know what YOU can do !! :idea:

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

motife
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
don't respond to trolls please. thanks.

Sparkey
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM

Favre is a joke !

GO BEARS !

I would agree EXCEPT....the bears gave up over 100 yds rushing to a line that can't block and a running back coming off of a major leg injury.

If I were a bears fan, I wouldn't get too confident.

b bulldog
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM
can't expect a whole lot when 13 rookies are on the team and 4 are starting and a very young Poppinga and Wells.

Brohm
09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
As far as pass protection goes, Clifton had a tough day (as did the others). Wiffed hard on their rookie DE a few times and got pushed back into the pocket on another. Given Spitz and Moll are rookies, I thought they held up fairly well against probably the #1 D-line and defense in the league. The running game was good thought the 100 yards is a bit deceptive. If we could have mustered any sort of passing game we could have been more competitive, the protection wasn't anything to write home about but waaay to many overthrows to open receivers.

Joemailman
09-10-2006, 06:45 PM
The fact that Ahman Green was able to drive defenders back when contact was made shows he is healthier than he ever was last year, even before the injury. That is probably the best news to come out of this game.

Brohm
09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Defense -

Manuel showed that not playing in preseason is not a good thing. Bit hard and got burned for the LONE offensive touchdown by the Bears. TE's and backs out of the backfield continue to be a problem. Muhammed made some spectacular catches today in pretty good coverage. Good job holding them to FG's if anything.

ST - Wow...just bad. Not sure if its just the players of mybe need to get a new coach in there. Whatever he is teaching is not taking hold. Definately do not have any kind of kickoff returner at all. Slow running backs going laterally will not cut it. At least Davenport smashed it up the middle....

Brohm
09-10-2006, 06:47 PM
The fact that Ahman Green was able to drive defenders back when contact was made shows he is healthier than he ever was last year, even before the injury. That is probably the best news to come out of this game.

Ahman looked awesome today. Definatley a big +.

Joemailman
09-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Was it just me, or were our KO returners moving about half speed?

Partial
09-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Was it just me, or were our KO returners moving about half speed?

agreed.

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 06:58 PM
the FOX broadcasters are kissing up to the bears again...ugh

Noodle
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM

Agree with this strongly. Green ran hard today, and finished runs by punishing the Bears, usually falling forward. He also had good ball security, something he usually has trouble with early in the season.

I think some of the yards he earned were soft because the Bears were playing to stop the big play, but he ran hard for them just the same. Good day for Gree.

woodbuck27
09-10-2006, 10:28 PM
1st Downs (C)18 (GB)14
Rushing (C) 4 (GB) 6
Passing (C) 12 (GB) 8
Penalty (C) 2 (GB) 0
3rd-Down Conversions (C) 4-14 (GB) 1-11
4th-Down Conversions (C) 1-1 (GB) 2-3
Punts-Average (C) 4-47.2 (GB) 6-45.0
Return Yards (C) 150 (GB) 173
Punts-Returns (C) 5-104 (GB) 3-44
Kickoffs-Returns (C) 1-18 (GB) 7-129
Int.-Returns (C) 2-28 (GB)1-0

Penalties-Yards (C)8-25 (GB)10-45 ** '10' Penalty's

Fumbles-Lost (C) 0-0 (GB)1-1

Time Of Pos. (C) 34:05 (GB) 25:55 ** TOP Only 25.55

Total Net Yards (C) 361 (GB)267 ** almost a 100 Y < Chi.

Total Plays 64 56

Average Gain (C) 5.6 (GB) 4.8

Net Yards Rushing 109 103 ** Virtual Tie on the Rush. .OK.

Rushes (C)36 (GB) 23 Bears Rushed approx.50% more tha Packers

Avg. Per Rush (C) 3.0 (GB) 4.5 PACKERS imporoved there !!Net

Yards Passing (C) 252 (GB) 164 A shocking comparison.[/b]

We need a pass rush !!

Comp.-Att. (C) 19-27 (GB) 16-30

Yards Per Pass (C) 9.0 (GB) 5.0 Bears 9Y/pass ???

Sacked-Yards Lost (C)1-6 (GB) 3-22

Had Intercepted (C) 1 (GB) 2

Touchdowns (C) 2 (GB) 0

Rushing 0 0

Passing 1 0

Other 1 0

Extra Points (C) 2-2 (GB) 0-0

Field Goals (C) 4-4 (GB) 0-1

Red Zone Efficiency 0-0-0%; (GB) 0-0-0%
Goal To Go Efficiency 0-0-0%; (GB) 0-0-0%
Safeties 0 0

SCORE: