PDA

View Full Version : The Official Opening Day Game Thread - Green Bay vs. Chicago

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Partial
09-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Alright fellas, lets get this party started early this time. Kickoff is in about 16 hours and I have never been more pumped for a game in my life!!! Lets get fired up Packer Rats and have ourselves a thread for the ages and a sweet, sensational victory for our beloved team!!

Bretsky
09-09-2006, 11:26 PM
GOOD LUCK TO GB TOMORROW; I'm about ready to head to the sack, get up at 7 to drop the kids off, and leave by nine for Lambeau. Ready to talk some trash with Bear Lovers

MadtownPacker
09-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Dammit P we are gonna have to keep this fire going!

All I want for opening day is a Packers win!!!

Partial
09-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey, my iowa cable has a Packer show on. Abdul Hodge is being interviewed right now. He seems like he's very focused and has a great smile. Seems like he's very natural with the camera on him :)

Partial
09-09-2006, 11:42 PM
GOOD LUCK TO GB TOMORROW; I'm about ready to head to the sack, get up at 7 to drop the kids off, and leave by nine for Lambeau. Ready to talk some trash with Bear Lovers

Lucky guy! Have fun and scream loud enough for yourself, Mad and I. Hell, scream loud enough for all of us Packer Rats!! Have fun Bretsky!!

Partial
09-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Dammit P we are gonna have to keep this fire going!

All I want for opening day is a Packers win!!!

Same thing here, the M&P connection will get the fire fueled and we'll rock it!

Partial
09-09-2006, 11:44 PM
Hodge really seems to have an understanding of what its going to take to be great. The desire seems there as well. However, as the interview continues he looks less natural

erock9
09-09-2006, 11:45 PM
What's goin' on, everybody? This is my first post so be kind, hopefully, I'll have more to come and I can add to the discussions in here. I'm here to support to the Pack and today me and my roommate decided we'll be making the trip to Green Bay we don't have tickets but we're hoping to find some and if not, we'll just drink in the bars around Lambeau! Go PACK!!!!!!!!!! Have fun, everyone!

Partial
09-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Hop on IM, MTP

erock9
09-09-2006, 11:47 PM
And by the way, the best part of the trip will be talking $hit to the Bears fans! God it was fun watching Steve Smith tear them up in the playoffs last year!

Partial
09-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Brett Favre has won 75% of his career meetings against the bears. 21-7 overall. If you subtract last year, he is 21-5. That is a flat out ridiculous career record against any team, period. Wow, kudos to him, I have never seen the actual numbers before!!

Partial
09-09-2006, 11:49 PM
What's goin' on, everybody? This is my first post so be kind, hopefully, I'll have more to come and I can add to the discussions in here. I'm here to support to the Pack and today me and my roommate decided we'll be making the trip to Green Bay we don't have tickets but we're hoping to find some and if not, we'll just drink in the bars around Lambeau! Go PACK!!!!!!!!!! Have fun, everyone!

Hahaha awesome. I know a couple guys up in lax, how'd you find out about the site?

MadtownPacker
09-09-2006, 11:53 PM
What's goin' on, everybody? This is my first post so be kind, hopefully, I'll have more to come and I can add to the discussions in here. I'm here to support to the Pack and today me and my roommate decided we'll be making the trip to Green Bay we don't have tickets but we're hoping to find some and if not, we'll just drink in the bars around Lambeau! Go PACK!!!!!!!!!! Have fun, everyone!Welcome man!

Try this Scalpers Alley everyone talks about. I want to know if its real!

Bretsky
09-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Yes, go to the scalpers alley and wait til near gametime to buy a ticket. It's real, but the prices will start out high tomorrow.

BTW, welcome to PR.

I'm out. Go Pack Go !!

B

Partial
09-10-2006, 12:00 AM
And by the way, the best part of the trip will be talking $hit to the Bears fans! God it was fun watching Steve Smith tear them up in the playoffs last year!

Definitely was. Shout loud enough for all of us!!

Fosco33
09-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Well, I've been posting now since mid-Jan with all you guys/gals and I'm fricken estatic that we actually have some real football to talk about.

I just finished watching the TiVO w/ Brett/Mooch's interview and I'm really pumped. It's like Christmas Eve - let's hope tomorrow I get a win for Christmas. :mrgreen:

J-Rok
09-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Tomorrow, I'm watching the game in a bear den. All my friends (Bear Fans) watch the games together, and this is the first time they invited one of my kind... I'll proudly sport my Brooks jersey, I just hope I can make it through a few helpings before getting ridiculed out of the house...

Here's to a running game and shocked, silent Bears fans.

Partial
09-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Well, I've been posting now since mid-Jan with all you guys/gals and I'm fricken estatic that we actually have some real football to talk about.

I just finished watching the TiVO w/ Brett/Mooch's interview and I'm really pumped. It's like Christmas Eve - let's hope tomorrow I get a win for Christmas. :mrgreen:

Hell yeah Fosco! It's been fun man, you'll get your win!!

Partial
09-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Tomorrow, I'm watching the game in a bear den. All my friends (Bear Fans) watch the games together, and this is the first time they invited one of my kind... I'll proudly sport my Brooks jersey, I just hope I can make it through a few helpings before getting ridiculed out of the house...

Here's to a running game and shocked, silent Bears fans.

'Atta boy J-Rok!! You're a true fan!! Have fun, and be prepared to moon them and rub it in there faces when Driver tears up their precious cover 2!!

muzz
09-10-2006, 01:23 AM
I've been a fan of the Pack since they beat my beloved Patriots in the 1996 SB.......
Howard ripped my heart out that bastard!!
Heheheheheheh

I've always liked Favre since then, I've had him on numerous fantasy teams, and always watch for GB players, cuz they always have a few jewels.

Go Favre, Go Jennings, Go Pack!!!!

I'd love to see ya's kick the snot outta them cocky Bears!!
Edit: I'd love to see a Pats/Pack rematch!!

I'm out.

m

Partial
09-10-2006, 01:31 AM
I've been a fan of the Pack since they beat my beloved Patriots in the 1996 SB.......
Howard ripped my heart out that bastard!!
Heheheheheheh

I've always liked Favre since then, I've had him on numerous fantasy teams, and always watch for GB players, cuz they always have a few jewels.

Go Favre, Go Jennings, Go Pack!!!!

I'd love to see ya's kick the snot outta them cocky Bears!!
Edit: I'd love to see a Pats/Pack rematch!!

I'm out.

m

Welcome to PR, everyone ranging from the far west with Madtown to the northeast with you, to Tarlam! overseas wants a victory!! Let's get a green and gold victory today!!

Tarlam!
09-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Whadaya know? We have a new Pet Pats Troll!!

Welcome Muzz! Hope you post often. Warning: Watch out for low fklying buckets of Kool Aide :lol:

muzz
09-10-2006, 01:59 AM
Thanks guys, I am not a troll, I'm just been here looking over Jennings stuff( a few times, I've read everything I can find), and realized this seems like a cool place.

I like the Pack, my 2nd favorite team behind the Pats(distant 2nd, but what do ya expect, I live 10 miles from Gillette, and have never lived more than 20 for 41 yrs .. heheheh).

I still think Favre has alot to give to you guys, he is still one of the best QBS in the business IMO, regardless of what he did last yr.

I'm a bit worried about that OL though, 2 rookie guards scares me ( and Brett too!! ) a bit.

The Pats played OK last Yr with 2 rookies on the OL, so hopefully they can keep Brett upright long enough!!!

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 02:03 AM
The day of reconing is upon you. You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting. The wrath of the Chicago BEARS is your reward. You do not have to stand tall in this world, but, you DO have to stand up ! :evil:
STAND UP you packerrats, take the beating of your lives. When it is over, I'll feel no remorse, you just got in the way of the best team in the NFL, your CHICAGO BEARS ! :twisted:

Game ON !

GO BEARS GO !

muzz
09-10-2006, 02:05 AM
DaBears have the offense of a HS team.......

End of story.............

When Lovie finally gets his head out of his ass and plays Griese, ya MAY have a shot!!

GO PACK!!

Tarlam!
09-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Muzz, if you're not a Pack fan first, but you post here, we'll name you a "pet troll", as opposed to a #*+&%$$§§" troll! :smile: :smile: :smile:

We have a pet queen troll named Rastak who we all love to death, we have a couple of pet Teddy trolls that have been hanging around of late.

We welcome all football fans to PR.

Being a Pet Troll is a term of endearment. If you hang around long enough, your Rat Name might even become "Pat Rat"!! That's something to shoot for, right???

muzz
09-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Muzz, if you're not a Pack fan first, but you post here, we'll name you a "pet troll", as opposed to a #*+&%$$§§" troll! :smile: :smile: :smile:

We have a pet queen troll named Rastak who we all love to death, we have a couple of pet Teddy trolls that have been hanging around of late.

Being a Pet Troll is a term of endearment. If you hang around long enough, your Rat Name might even become "Pat Rat"!! That's something to shoot for, right???

Ahhhhhh, OK now I get it.

Alrighty then!!

heheheh

Stuff TJ, and the Pack got a good chance, because GROSS Man, is a turd!!

Partial
09-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Just before kickoff packer rats gets a facelift!! Good work!!

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 08:56 AM

You will find tickets if you will be patient! While a game in high demand like this, they are harder to find, it CAN be done. especially at kick-off, scalpers realize they might be stuck with the tickets and would rather get something than nothing at that point.

have FUN

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 08:58 AM
took the dogs out for a walk just a little while ago and I couldn't believe the number of people out tailgating already!! Ok, it's officially hit me that it's GAME DAY !!!! We've waited SO long for this :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 09:04 AM
took the dogs out for a walk just a little while ago and I couldn't believe the number of people out tailgating already!! Ok, it's officially hit me that it's GAME DAY !!!! We've waited SO long for this :mrgreen:

GBR, is it raining there?

Joemailman
09-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Weather Conditions at gametime:

Cloudy 63 degrees WindENE 13 MPH. Great to have some autumn weather for the start of football season!

mmmdk
09-10-2006, 09:07 AM

Great, a Pat troll - WELCOME! :mrgreen:

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 09:09 AM
I AM SO FREAKIN' PUMPED! I swear, this is the most pumped I've ever been for a football season. Partially because, the older I get the more I understand the team. Over the last year I've progressed so much in knowledge, with a lot of credit due to this forum. The other part because last season after the Pack got off to their horrible start, my Dad really didn't want to spend $30 bucks every week to go to the bar and watch the Pack lose. So the last full game I watched was Oct.23 against the Vikes, with Edinger kicking the GW Field Goal. So I've been deprived of Packer regular season football for almost 11 months now. I need my fix.

LET'S GO PACK!!! LET'S KICK SOME ASS!!!!!!

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 09:10 AM
007, no rain in sight. It's just cloudy.

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 09:11 AM
a Pat fan here? Wow, bulldog will have a new friend :wink:

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 09:17 AM
a Pat fan here? Wow, bulldog will have a new friend :wink:

Yes he will. Muzz, Bulldog here is the resident Tom Brady lover.

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 09:28 AM
TIME TO BAG 'EM AND TAG 'EM FELLAS

Bears season starts today! Grab the orange vest and your rocket launcher, lets get this party started! :twisted:

Rastak
09-10-2006, 09:31 AM

Bears season starts today! Grab the orange vest and your rocket launcher, lets get this party started! :twisted:

I was tailgating near the Metrodome a couple years back at a Vikes-Bears game and the guys I was with were grilling Bear meat....that was kinda cool.

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 09:36 AM
ladies and gentlemen, football is in the air !!!!!

We currently have 58 degrees in Green Bay, WI. Kick-off temp around 64 degrees under mostly cloudy skies. However, the clouds seem to be moving out and the blue skies are breaking through.....

a few shots taken while I was driving to the store just a few moments ago...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/DSCN1375.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/DSCN1376.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/DSCN1377.jpg

This is your resident reporter rat saying..... THE BEARS STILL SUCK !!! and... an extra "good luck" goes out to Seattle and Washington this opening weekend!!!!

Fosco33
09-10-2006, 09:38 AM
I AM SO FREAKIN' PUMPED! I swear, this is the most pumped I've ever been for a football season. Partially because, the older I get the more I understand the team. Over the last year I've progressed so much in knowledge, with a lot of credit due to this forum. The other part because last season after the Pack got off to their horrible start, my Dad really didn't want to spend $30 bucks every week to go to the bar and watch the Pack lose. So the last full game I watched was Oct.23 against the Vikes, with Edinger kicking the GW Field Goal. So I've been deprived of Packer regular season football for almost 11 months now. I need my fix.

LET'S GO PACK!!! LET'S KICK SOME ASS!!!!!!

Damn straight. I just hope we all don't jump off bridges and high buildings if our young team doesn't play like the '97 team today... the season's not over if we don't pull this one out.

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 09:55 AM
ladies and gentlemen, football is in the air !!!!!

We currently have 58 degrees in Green Bay, WI. Kick-off temp around 64 degrees under mostly cloudy skies. However, the clouds seem to be moving out and the blue skies are breaking through.....

a few shots taken while I was driving to the store just a few moments ago...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/DSCN1375.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/DSCN1376.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/DSCN1377.jpg

This is your resident reporter rat saying..... THE BEARS STILL SUCK !!! and... an extra "good luck" goes out to Seattle and Washington this opening weekend!!!!

NICE PICS!! :mrgreen:

go drive around some more and take more :D :razz:

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 09:56 AM

I was tailgating near the Metrodome a couple years back at a Vikes-Bears game and the guys I was with were grilling Bear meat....that was kinda cool.

MMMMMmMmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmm :idea:

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Michele's pics always make me feel like I'm there in Green Bay.

Packnut
09-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Good Lord, when is 3:00 gonna get here? This is more torture than a man should have to go through.

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 10:15 AM
ESPN is teasing a Packers\Favre story. They might show it within the next 45 mins.... :lol:

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 10:26 AM
ESPN is teasing a Packers\Favre story. They might show it within the next 45 mins.... :lol:

I know. Those SOB's at Sunday NFL Countdown always do that. They always leave the Packer stories until the end and tease us from the beginning. Probably, because they know we're one of the only fans that will wait through a 2 hour show for a 2 minute segment. Goddamn, I love being a Packer fan.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 10:26 AM
And GB, great pics.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-10-2006, 10:31 AM
go pack go

Am so fuckin excited, woooooooooooooooooooo :mrgreen:

Bears 14
packers 21

mark it down!

RIPackerFan
09-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Let's get this started!!!!

Waiting until 4:14 ET is a slow and painful death.

falco
09-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Well this is the day we've been waiting for...I'm surprisingly optimistic.

With the bears shoddy offense, I think all it will take to win is for McCarthy to remain committed to the running game, no matter how shitty it starts, and Favre not throwing any interceptions. As long as our D doesn't break down, we should be able to play their game right back at them.

Partial
09-10-2006, 10:58 AM
WHOOOO I've gotta run to dubuque to do a few things to get ready for the new job, then I am running back here to clean up the kitchen, and by then it should be game time baby, whooo hoo!

Partial
09-10-2006, 11:00 AM
'Atta girl GBR, great pics, are you going to the game today?

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 11:06 AM
tnx guys.... actually I'm having a group of friends come over and we're watching it on the big screen. I've been running around getting stuff done this morning...making taco salad and then realized I forgot to get the chips. DUH :crazy:

This is one of those days where the windows will be open....and you can hear the cheers of the crowd...makes ya get goosebumps!!!

The best part is the flyover of the F16's.... the whole house shakes!! It's like surround sound 10.1 :wink:

I think we should plan a game get together....even if tickets can't be had by all, would be fun to tailgate and go watch the game at a sports bar

Partial
09-10-2006, 11:12 AM
tnx guys.... actually I'm having a group of friends come over and we're watching it on the big screen. I've been running around getting stuff done this morning...making taco salad and then realized I forgot to get the chips. DUH :crazy:

This is one of those days where the windows will be open....and you can hear the cheers of the crowd...makes ya get goosebumps!!!

The best part is the flyover of the F16's.... the whole house shakes!! It's like surround sound 10.1 :wink:

I think we should plan a game get together....even if tickets can't be had by all, would be fun to tailgate and go watch the game at a sports bar

That would be fun!

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 11:16 AM
tnx guys.... actually I'm having a group of friends come over and we're watching it on the big screen.

That makes me so homesick. I remember the days when we'd go to my Dad's friend basement and we'd have brats and Tostitos. I wanna go back so bad.

I envy you GB.

Partial
09-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Are you guys ready for some football? Are you ready to make this thread one for the ages? I am gonnna be on here during the entire game, so lets have ourselves a great time and a wonderful game!

Partial
09-10-2006, 11:18 AM
I have some brats but no grills, since the game hasn't started yet and this is a packer tailgate question, how can I prepare these brats for the game?

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Soak them in beer.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Then cook them in beer with some onion.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Sudden craving for beer cheese soup. Sadly 'round here if I want it, I have to make it.

Partial
09-10-2006, 11:23 AM
like fry them? or how does one cook them? I suppose I could boil them like a hot dog within the beer.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Shit, I have a craving for Beer-battered Bratwurst right now.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Boil 'em first in the beer and then when they're almost done, throw 'em in a frying pan with some oil and onion. Do not break the skins 'cause that lets the juices out.

Partial
09-10-2006, 11:26 AM

Do it man, ask your folks for a couple bucks, take a pregame bike trip to the grocery store, and cook some up! Hopefully, you have the beer already!

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Do it man, ask your folks for a couple bucks, take a pregame bike trip to the grocery store, and cook some up! Hopefully, you have the beer already!

Of course I have the beer, Partial. I have it in my secret compartment in my closet. :wink:

I would, but Naples is so damn spread out. The nearest grocery store is 3 and a half miles away. Also, the only way to get there is to bike along this narrow sidewalk where cars are going 60 MPH 8 feet away from you.

I miss the days of being able to take a scenic bike ride to Sendiks or Kohls for some grub.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Mike Ditka proves he is the most knowledgeble person on NFL Countdown by saying if the Packers win today, it is a whole different scenario. Meanwhile Irvin is still blabbering like he's high(probably is) and TJ is on LSD. Have you heard that guys laugh? My God, it's scary. At least he picked the Packers to beat the Bears.

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 11:56 AM
i just want to say that in spite of whatever could happen today...

GO PACK GO!

muzz
09-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Geeeeeeezus the time is FINALLY here!!
Football is the balls!!
The ONLY thing I hate about football season? Shitass weather!! Today is nice though.

Go Pack, Go Pats!!!!

Rastak
09-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Mike Ditka proves he is the most knowledgeble person on NFL Countdown by saying if the Packers win today, it is a whole different scenario. Meanwhile Irvin is still blabbering like he's high(probably is) and TJ is on LSD. Have you heard that guys laugh? My God, it's scary. At least he picked the Packers to beat the Bears.

Irvin is a moron of the highest order. If they had a "moron of the year" he'd be in the running every year until he died.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Totally Agree, Rastak.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 12:38 PM

Irvin is a moron of the highest order. If they had a "moron of the year" he'd be in the running every year until he died.

It'd be a tight competition with Theisman in there.

Patler
09-10-2006, 12:38 PM

Don't you mean "BEAR-battered"???? :mrgreen:

muzz
09-10-2006, 12:41 PM

It'd be a tight competition with Theisman in there.

Theisman is an idiot, geeez, they couldn't find another Ex-Player that can actually speak without putting his foot in his mouth? Who hired that clown? Matt Millen!!

J-Rok
09-10-2006, 12:49 PM
You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting.

And the award for worst movie quote of all time goes to the Bear fan.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Don't you mean "BEAR-battered"???? :mrgreen:

Damn keyborad, I can never type what I mean to say. :D

Partial
09-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Approximately one hour until kickoff!

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm so pumped.

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 02:13 PM
ok, Im going to my uncles for the game party......enjoy the game guys!!!

Time to Hunt Bears!! GO PACK GO!

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Aprox ONE hour from you relising all your hopes and dreams are just smoke whispped away in the roar of DA BEARS taking lamboo feild and crushing the pack ! :twisted:

GO BEARS !

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Let us bow our heads and pray...

Dear God,

Please air the Packers-Bears game in my area. I really don't care about T.O., nor do I want to watch the Cowboys. Let A.J. Hawk light up the Bears, and may he rip Thomas Jones' soul out. Let Brett throw straight and true, and only to the men in green jerseys. May our defense get penetration, and may Rex Grossman have so many grass stains on his jersey it would be cheaper to just buy him a new one than washing it. Let Ahman Green gain 100 yards and have holes large enought to drive a Mack Truck through. Please, Lord, don't make this a close game, I really can't take another one after last night, and may the pundits finally have to eat their words.

Amen.

Partial
09-10-2006, 02:26 PM

Dear God,

Please air the Packers-Bears game in my area. I really don't care about T.O., nor do I want to watch the Cowboys. Let A.J. Hawk light up the Bears, and may he rip Thomas Jones' soul out. Let Brett throw straight and true, and only to the men in green jerseys. May our defense get penetration, and may Rex Grossman have so many grass stains on his jersey it would be cheaper to just buy him a new one than washing it. Let Ahman Green gain 100 yards and have holes large enought to drive a Mack Truck through. Please, Lord, don't make this a close game, I really can't take another one after last night, and may the pundits finally have to eat their words.

Amen.

I don't know where in Iowa you are, but I have CenturyTel from Dubuque and they are showing the game!!! :mrgreen:

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 02:32 PM

Dear God,

Amen.

I don't know where in Iowa you are, but I have CenturyTel from Dubuque and they are showing the game!!! :mrgreen:

From the looks of it, I'll be able to see it. The in-game previews have Green Bay-Chicago listed first, but Dallas-Jacksonville is the premier game of the week. I have a feeling most of Iowa will broadcast the game, it seems like Iowa has a lot of Chicago fans (at least in baseball due to the I-Cubs), I just remember last year always seeing the advertised games in Fox's lineup.

Partial
09-10-2006, 02:42 PM

Dear God,

Amen.

From the looks of it, I'll be able to see it. The in-game previews have Green Bay-Chicago listed first, but Dallas-Jacksonville is the premier game of the week. I have a feeling most of Iowa will broadcast the game, it seems like Iowa has a lot of Chicago fans (at least in baseball due to the I-Cubs), I just remember last year always seeing the advertised games in Fox's lineup.

'Atta boy, I hope you get it. You'll have to represent the Packers and be louder and more rowdy than all of those Iowa Bear fans!!!

Fosco33
09-10-2006, 02:44 PM
opps wrong thread

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 02:45 PM
'Atta boy, I hope you get it. You'll have to represent the Packers and be louder and more rowdy than all of those Iowa Bear fans!!!

I don't have my voice back yet :neutral:

Partial
09-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Alright guys, lets get focused on the Packer game chat now that we're gettin' close. I am so jacked and ready to go. I have been beaming all day now that the NFL season has begun!!

Partial
09-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Whoops, wrong thread. Too many "official" titles around here!

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 02:56 PM
It's good!

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 03:00 PM
ok, the gang is starting to arrive at my house.....

GOOOOOOO PACKERS !!!!!!!!

We've waited what, 10 years for this now? :wink: ok, it seems that way anyhow.

BEARS ARE GOING DOWN

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Whoops, wrong thread. Too many "official" titles around here!

Yeah, like your personal FF OFFICIAL thread..lol :wink:

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:02 PM
LOL, I started them all GBR, I have a horrible typo in the FF thread, something about threats instead of thread. I just posted lets focus in on the Packers, then I turn around and post about the lions accidentally. I got confused.

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:03 PM
You guys getting Packers on fox yet? I am getting Cleveland/NO end of game right now.

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 03:03 PM
You guys getting Packers on fox yet? I am getting Cleveland/NO end of game right now.

Same here

Tarlam!
09-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Do any of you realize I have a meeting in 9 hours? I also commute an hour to get to my office!!!

Do any of you understand this????

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Do any of you realize I have a meeting in 9 hours? I also commute an hour to get to my office!!!

hehehe, thats dedication Tarlam, did you get a ton of sleep yesterday to help you power through?

Fosco33
09-10-2006, 03:07 PM

I feel for you man - but we've waited 200+ days for this - 4.5 hours of sleep is plenty :wink:

Packnut
09-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Man, the butterflies in mu gut feel lijke dive bombers!

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 03:12 PM
F16's just flew over....scared the shit out of me

Partial
dang, I have a hunch the cowboys game might be on now here, they have switched from showing the Packers Bears as the game up next to a slew of Dallas/Jacksonville stuff.

edit - nevermind, packers are on and storming the field. There they are!!!

GBRulz
and the dogs....

Fritz
I'm with you all. I live in the Detroit area and have to PRAY they show a second game after the Lions' yawner, and have to hope that it's not "America's Team" featuring T.O.

Ah, to live in Wisconsin and get all the games.

We live on hope. Let's go, Pack. If the vets don't make mistakes (Green fumbling, Favre throwing picks, Tauscher/Clifton getting flags, Carroll holding everyone), I think the Pack can win this one.

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:13 PM
F16's just flew over....scared the shit out of me

Are you ready for some football1?!?!?!

Tarlam!
09-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh great we lose the toss! :cry:

GBRulz
HELL YEAH !!!!! and I'm ready for some drinks....

have friends over so probably won't post much, but have the laptop up here anyhow!

Partial
Lets hope these young kids can do this.

RIPackerFan
I'm ready - with my Sirius radio - can't wait.

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Oh great we lose the toss! :cry:

LOL they didn't even show that on TV. You're gettin' better commentary then we are. Thats good, too. I'd rather start with the ball in the second half.

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:16 PM
All for one and one for all, lets get some ass and play some ball!

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 03:17 PM
ok Grossman, go break a nail

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:18 PM
AJ Hawk
Greg Jennings
Marquad Manual
Charles Woodson
Jason Spitz
Tony Mall
Ryan Pickett

first starts for these guys. I wish them well!!

retailguy
09-10-2006, 03:18 PM
ok Grossman, go break a nail

lol, i don't want him hurt till the 4th quarter

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:19 PM
3rd and 6, nice pass rush, good catch and pass by the bears. Hopefully it's holding.

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 03:20 PM
I can't help but think of Ferris Bueller when i look at Grossman

Partial
Damnit, Pass Interfearance on Harris. Declined 'cause he caught the pass for a first down. Still, good pass rush!!

They are dominating the line of scrimmage right now it appears!! The cole train is pluggin' holes!!

retailguy
cole is starting. wow I didn't know...

woodbuck27
OK Defense !!

muzz
09-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Well 1 game down, 1 game to Go!!
Go Pack!!!

retailguy
oh man

Partial
What in the hell? Who did Berrian beat? My guess is it's Manual

GBRulz
WHo the hell blew that

Tarlam!
That was quick....

falco
this team fucking blows :evil:

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Mark Roman anyone?

Partial

Nah, they looked good against the run with a solid pass rush. Only allowed 2 yards a pass. Manual just got outrun by Berrian. We need Carroll in more, we need his speed!!

retailguy
Mark Roman anyone?

marquand manuel = mark roman <sigh>

Fritz
Dammit. Everyone's talking about how young this team is, but it's the vets that f___ed that up.

woodbuck27
09-10-2006, 03:23 PM
D.Rayner kicks 66 yards from GB 30 to CHI 4. R.Davis pushed ob at CHI 35 for 31 yards (M.Manuel). Penalty on CHI-D.Wesley, Offensive Holding, offsetting, enforced at CHI 22. Penalty on GB-M.Manuel, Face Mask (15 Yards), offsetting.
1-10-CHI 22 (14:51) R.Grossman pass short right to J.McKie pushed ob at CHI 32 for 10 yards (N.Barnett).
1-10-CHI 32 (14:25) T.Jones left tackle to CHI 35 for 3 yards (A.Harris, N.Barnett).
2-7-CHI 35 (13:51) T.Jones left end to CHI 36 for 1 yard (K.Gbaja-Biamila).
3-6-CHI 36 (13:12) R.Grossman pass short right to M.Muhammad to CHI 49 for 13 yards (A.Harris). Penalty on GB-A.Harris, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.
1-10-CHI 49 (12:54) T.Jones left tackle to GB 49 for 2 yards (K.Gbaja-Biamila, A.Kampman).
2-8-GB 49 (12:12) R.Grossman pass deep middle to B.Berrian for 49 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Yikes !!

7 - 0 Bears.

RIPackerFan
What the heck - come on - play some defense - last thing we needed is to get behind.

Partial
Mark Roman anyone?

I heard Manual ran a 7.6 40

Fosco33
Thanks Manuel, so much for getting the early lead... :?

falco

Nah, they looked good against the run with a solid pass rush. Only allowed 2 yards a pass. Manual just got outrun by Berrian. We need Carroll in more, we need his speed!!

no offense partial, but the pass rush was shit...grossman had a ton of time...and if our safety is getting outrun THAT BADLY, this team sucks.

Partial
Dammit. Everyone's talking about how young this team is, but it's the vets that f___ed that up.

He looked really slow. He didn't ever get a chance to cover since Berrian just sprinted past him.

Tarlam!
We#re 4 minutes into the season.....Everybody just calm down! :evil:

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Was it just me or was Hawk in on every running play. He just has a nose for the pigskin.

Keep thinking positive, cracked my frist MGD. I am going to drink one every time the Bears score. Two for a touchdown, one for a field goal. I drink for punishment.

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Was it just me or was Hawk in on every running play. He just has a nose for the pigskin.

Keep thinking positive, cracked my frist MGD. I am going to drink one every time the Bears score. Two for a touchdown, one for a field goal. I drink for punishment.

I am doing the same with some labatt blue. It's not bad.

Scott Campbell

Well here's to your sobriety.

retailguy
We#re 4 minutes into the season.....Everybody just calm down! :evil:

actually 3 minutes, but who's counting? :wink:

retailguy
good run, better than expected

Deputy Nutz
Green looks like the 2004 Ahman Green.

Partial
3rd and 1, this is gonna be the bread and butter of the packers today. Guaranteed this is a crossing route, the best way to exploit the cover two.

Damn, if only I was the coach

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2006, 03:26 PM
that wasn't good

woodbuck27
Rex Grossman 3/3 72 yards 1 TD . Nice start. . .

Burnout !!

retailguy
3rd and 1, this is gonna be the bread and butter of the packers today. Guaranteed this is a crossing route, the best way to exploit the cover two.

don't go to vegas
:mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Ahmad Carroll verse Devin Hester, in a chess match. Who would win?

Fosco33
Carrol = Collaring

another 15, sweet field position :oops:

Partial
That looked like a horsecollar tackle, wonder if it gets called.

Tarlam!
Got called...

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Ryan's punt for 45 nets 47. Can it work like that?

Deputy Nutz
Carrol = Collaring

another 15, sweet field position :oops:

that was a great tackle, bullshit call. Fuck TO and that fucking bullshit ruling.

RIPackerFan
Man, I hate that rule, sometimes its called, sometimes not.

Fosco33
Ryan's punt for 45 nets 47. Can it work like that?

With the penalty it'll be 32

EDIT - did they not call it? The announcers didn't say??

Favre4
Hate the decision on who to use as returners. Start shy of the 20, 3 runs, no first down. About to spot Chicago 14 points.

woodbuck27
Green Bay Packers begin at 12:05

R.Gould kicks 69 yards from CHI 30 to GB 1. S.Gado to GB 17 for 16 yards (J.Williams).

1-10-GB 17 (12:00) A.Green right guard to GB 20 for 3 yards (L.Briggs).

2-7-GB 20 (11:26) A.Green right guard to GB 20 for no gain (M.Brown, C.Harris).

3-1-GB 26 (10:59) A.Green left tackle to GB 26 for no gain (L.Briggs).

4-1-GB 26 (10:24) J.Ryan punts 45 yards to CHI 29, Center-R.Davis. D.Hester to CHI 27 for -2 yards (A.Carroll).

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Got called...

Holding or Collaring?

falco
09-10-2006, 03:30 PM
very polite of our secondary to allow such large cushions

RIPackerFan
Come on Harris. Jeez, I wasn't expecting the secondary to have this much problems.

retailguy
what's up with harris?

did you see kampman get stood up? pathetic

Partial
Collins sure is fast. Maybe he can lend some of his speed to Manual?!?

Fosco33
OK, I'm fricken pissed - time to watch the game and yell a little bit - cya at half time...

falco
09-10-2006, 03:31 PM
okay lets get off the field now

retailguy
09-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Got called...

Holding or Collaring?

according to nfl.com, nothing. no flag

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:32 PM
How about we stop a pass play? just one.. Come on Packers, let stuff 'em!!

GrnBay007
Is it ok to start crying? :sad:

woodbuck27
Want a raise Al ?

You'll have to earn it.

Partial
Wow, Nice blitz by Barnett

TennesseePackerBacker
ok how can i listen to the game? i tried that mighty20-20 or whatever that people said would work but got nothing, anyway for a packerfan stuck with the dallas game to actually hear the game?

Tarlam!
Has anybody seen 11 guys in Green and Gold? They should be in Lambeau playing defense! If you see em, lemme know!

CyclonePackFan
Jesus tapdancing Christ, I could see that slant coming from Iowa. Why in the hell would you give a 7-yard cushion on a 3rd and 3?

Partial
Want a raise Al ?

You'll have to earn it.

Damn skippy

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Jesus tapdancing Christ, I could see that slant coming from Iowa. Why in the hell would you give a 7-yard cushion on a 3rd and 3?

Al Harris

retailguy

no, not yet. :shock:

Partial
So much for Chuck Woodson. He looks like ass right now.

falco
bears 3/3 on 3rd downs this drive

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 03:34 PM

I just hate when we start a game like this.

retailguy
ok how can i listen to the game? i tried that mighty20-20 or whatever that people said would work but got nothing, anyway for a packerfan stuck with the dallas game to actually hear the game?

Nfl.com. it costs, though

Partial
First play I haven't wanted to punch Manaul on so far in his playing career. Atta boy Barnett and Manual

TennesseePackerBacker
any free sites? there must be somewhere

retailguy

I just hate when we start a game like this.

it is 1984, right? lol

falco
THANK FREAKING GOD

RIPackerFan
Come on - let's hold them to a field goal.

pack4to84
09-10-2006, 03:35 PM
big INT

MasonCrosby
at least the run defense is actually doing something unlike the secondary...

Partial
INT, INT, Barnett and Collins, the youth of the Packers whoooo!!!! and Kampy gettin' the heat!!

retailguy
whooo hooo. Where is wist?

God I love grossman, what a crappy decision.

falco
we have a positive turnover differntial

RIPackerFan
Yeah - Barnett - way to go. Turnovers baby!@!!!@

retailguy
Come on - let's hold them to a field goal.

F... the field goal. :wink:

CyclonePackFan
Aaron Kampan lights up Grossman, Nick Barnett gets an INT in the end zone.

Repeat often, please.

Favre4
09-10-2006, 03:36 PM
at least we wont have to wait till like game 5 for our first forced turnover

pack4to84
Come on - let's hold them to a field goal.how about no points..INT

GrnBay007
good thing collins didn't take barnett out on that one!

Deputy Nutz
Collins damn near jumped over Barnett.

Tarlam!
Hullo? A play for a loss? :shock: Followed by an INT???

Gimme that Kool Aide!

TennesseePackerBacker
damn this is just so unsatisfying, damn my tv market

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 03:37 PM
that drive we got an INT

so on the next drive we sack him and grossman sprains his pinky and has to come out...

woodbuck27
Here it comes !!

PASSING

R. Grossman 7/9 121 1 1 PICK !

Way to go Nick !!

Partial
Beautiful! Pretty pretty pretty!

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I bet Grossman is feeling a little shaky right now. Let's go green and the Pack, lets keep plugging away!!

MasonCrosby
favre doesn't drink and drive...instead he uses a designated DRIVER!

woodbuck27
Chicago Bears begin at 10:16

1-10-CHI 27 (10:16) J.McKie left tackle to CHI 33 for 6 yards (A.Kampman).

2-4-CHI 33 (9:43) R.Grossman pass deep left to M.Muhammad to GB 40 for 27 yards (A.Harris).

1-10-GB 40 (9:06) T.Jones left end to GB 38 for 2 yards (N.Collins).

2-8-GB 38 (8:30) R.Grossman pass short left to D.Clark to GB 33 for 5 yards (B.Poppinga).

3-3-GB 33 (7:52) R.Grossman pass short right to M.Muhammad to GB 24 for 9 yards (A.Carroll, N.Collins).

1-10-GB 24 (7:12) R.Grossman pass incomplete short middle to M.Muhammad [N.Barnett].

2-10-GB 24 (7:08) T.Jones left tackle to GB 19 for 5 yards (A.Kampman).

3-5-GB 19 (6:30) R.Grossman pass short middle to R.Davis to GB 11 for 8 yards (C.Woodson).

1-10-GB 11 (5:51) T.Jones right end to GB 14 for -3 yards (M.Manuel).

2-13-GB 14 (5:10) R.Grossman pass intended for D.Clark INTERCEPTED by N.Barnett [A.Kampman] at GB -9. Touchback

GO PACK GO !

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 03:39 PM

Are you a woman shopping for her wedding ring or a man watching football? :razz:

retailguy
09-10-2006, 03:39 PM
green looks really good. :shock:

what's up with that?

oh, shit.

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:40 PM

Are you a woman shopping for her wedding ring or a man watching football? :razz:

I'm cool with however you wish to interpret it. It has just been so long that is was so visually stunning to see a positive turnover margin!!

falco
09-10-2006, 03:40 PM
if we can just stop shooting ourselves in the foot, or stepping on our foot i mean

woodbuck27
09-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Punt the DAM ball !

CyclonePackFan

I'm cool with however you wish to interpret it. It has just been so long that is was so visually stunning to see a positive turnover margin!!

I know, just giving you shit :wink:

RIPackerFan
We need a three and out.

MasonCrosby
sack grossman sack grossman please

retailguy
09-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I know, just giving you shit :wink:

don't stop. we're enjoying it!

falco
Punt the DAM ball !

woody actually cheers for us to not convert on 3rd, just to see his boy punt the ball!v :shock:

Chubbyhubby
Way to GO Spitz trip your QB for cryin ou loud!

Partial
I don't think Green looks excellent, I think he looks alright though. I hope as the game goes on they keep poudning away and let him break 100 yards!

Favre4
09-10-2006, 03:43 PM
time to force a fumble

woodbuck27
Green Bay Packers begin at 5:02

1-10-GB 20 (5:02) B.Favre pass deep right to D.Driver to GB 37 for 17 yards (C.Harris).

1-10-GB 37 (4:34) A.Green up the middle to GB 40 for 3 yards (L.Briggs, T.Johnson).

2-7-GB 40 (3:59) A.Green left end to GB 44 for 4 yards (A.Ogunleye).

3-3-GB 44 (3:21) B.Favre sacked at GB 40 for -4 yards (L.Briggs).

4-7-GB 40 (3:04) PENALTY on GB-A.Carroll, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at GB 40 - No Play.

4-12-GB 35 (2:56) J.Ryan punts 43 yards to CHI 22, Center-R.Davis. D.Hester to CHI 26 for 4 yards (B.Taylor, A.Carroll).

PENALTY on CHI-A.Peterson, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at CHI 26.

CyclonePackFan
The more I see commercials with Peyton Manning, the more my hatred for him grows.

Partial
Woody your boy is gotta bomb that ball!!

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:44 PM
The more I see commercials with Peyton Manning, the more my hatred for him grows.

LOL I agree

MasonCrosby
it would be really nice if the secondary would start playing...

retailguy
that was all Jones. Hell of a run

Partial
Damn, first quarter flew by!!!

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Alright, what the hell is with our pass coverage? Did Brady Pop just get owned?

edit - yes, yes he did.

retailguy
anybody want to talk about how fast Poppinga is now? :evil:

woodbuck27
Where is the pass "D" ?

R. Grossman 8/10 130 1 1 with 2:47 remaining in the 1st Quarter.

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
anybody want to talk about how fast Poppinga is now? :evil:

my thoughts exactly

MasonCrosby
so that pass defense went bye bye since last season???

retailguy
Where is the pass "D" ?

R. Grossman 8/10 130 1 1 with 2:47 remaining in the 1st Quarter.

how about the run d? :neutral:

Partial
Another blitz by Pop stoned by the RT, nice cut back by Jones

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Poppinga is sucking dog right now.

SD GB fan
its the same pass defense as last year, we just improved against the run thats all

Scott Campbell
BRING BACK SLOWIK!!!

retailguy
Poppinga is sucking dog right now.

wasn't it you who said we shouldn't panic, three pages ago? :shock: :wink:

Lynx4Ben
Go Woodson and Harris!!!!

RIPackerFan
09-10-2006, 03:48 PM
We have to get the D off the field for a little bit. They have been in way too long.

Partial
its the same pass defense as last year, we just improved against the run thats all

Woodson needs to man up. These receivers are not good by any means, this is the Bears, afterall.

Partial
I agree, this first quarter flew by from the clock just running and running and running

Packnut
09-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I can't believe I waited so long just for this. Anyone else besides me see the difference in play-calling? MM is in way over his head my friends. No imagination what-so-ever on either side of the ball. It's going to be a long long season. :cry:

Chubbyhubby
looks like a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOONG Season for the Pack!

retailguy
I agree, this first quarter flew by from the clock just running and running and running

Are you agreeing with yourself? :shock:

Partial
Alright Packers, lets force another turnover!

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Aaron Kampman with two big plays so far today!!!

CyclonePackFan
Suck it dry, Grossman

I'll take Kampman sacks all day

retailguy
I can't believe I waited so long just for this. Anyone else besides me see the difference in play-calling? MM is in way over his head my friends. No imagination what-so-ever on either side of the ball. It's going to be a long long season. :cry:

he's not play calling, he's ordering a PIZZA. He ain't got time for no playcalling.

Tarlam!
We can't win if we don't get the ball! Sack or no!

Partial
3rd and long, lets get a sack Pop

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:51 PM
3rd and long, lets get a sack Pop

YES!

woodbuck27
R. Grossman 9/11 163 1 1 after ONLY one quarter?

That's wild !!

RIPackerFan
Miss it.

Partial
09-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Alright Favre lets hook up with Mr. Jennings or have Mr. Green break a long run for a TD

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 03:52 PM
well...at least it was just a field goal...

LET'S GO FAVRE!