PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Titans Game Day Thread.

Joemailman
08-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Go Jake Go!

The Battle of the Backup Quarterbacks will be center stage.

All the young WR's are healthy, so they should get a lot of work.

Not sure all who will be out because of injuries.

Joemailman
08-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Guys with injuries who could be held out.

Offense
WR Randall Cobb – ankle
WR Trevor Davis – hamstring
RB Devante Mays – hamstring
RB Aaron Jones – hamstring
FB Joe Kerridge – shoulder
LT David Bakhtiari – ankle
TE Jimmy Graham – knee
RT Bryan Bulaga – knee

Defense
CB Kevin King – shoulder
CB Jaire Alexander – groin
OLB Nick Perry – ankle (PUP)
DL Mike Daniels – quad
DL Muhammad Wilkerson – groin
S Kentrell Brice – ankle

CaptainKickass
08-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Obligatory game day post.

Joemailman
08-09-2018, 06:13 PM

A new season is officially underway.

Has Red started the Draft Thread yet?

red
08-09-2018, 06:35 PM
A new season is officially underway.

Has Red started the Draft Thread yet?

as soon as all hope is lost

red
08-09-2018, 07:07 PM
all too familiar sight

a-rod in street clothes

red
08-09-2018, 07:10 PM
what is that god awful noise during plays?

it sounds like a train going down the tracks with its brakes locked

did the idiot team hand out annoying little noise makers?

bobblehead
08-09-2018, 07:15 PM

Obligatory Reply

red
08-09-2018, 07:30 PM
good bye rollins

getting hurt last year is the only reason you're still in the nfl

pittstang5
08-09-2018, 07:46 PM
flag fest

smuggler
08-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Happy with the pursuit and coverage I've seen from Burks today. Hoping for more of that.

esoxx
08-09-2018, 07:57 PM

Reporting live from Lambeau, only a crap schedule and roster sheet was handed out. Haven't heard any of the train noise described but admit I haven't been drinking.

smuggler
08-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Yancey with a couple nice snags. One on third down. Routes close to the LOS, but I put that on Hundley more than anything. J'Mon Moore not coming up with his two opportunities on deeper passes, but one was a great play by the DB to rip it away and the other resulted in a 30 yard DPI.

Guiness
08-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Yancey with a couple nice snags. One on third down. Routes close to the LOS, but I put that on Hundley more than anything. J'Mon Moore not coming up with his two opportunities on deeper passes, but one was a great play by the DB to rip it away and the other resulted in a 30 yard DPI.

Hundley looked awful on that INT - no feel at all, he should have picked up that guy in his peripheral vision but didn't react at all.

Teamcheez1
08-09-2018, 08:14 PM
Hundley looked awful on that INT - no feel at all, he should have picked up that guy in his peripheral vision but didn't react at all.

So nothing has changed since last year for Hundley? Live blog seems to indicate the INT was not his fault and he played well tonight.

smuggler
08-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Well, Kizer had similar front-side pressure and felt it and moved up in the pocket and scrambled away. Pass was incomplete to Monty, but he still managed to evade the rush. Hundley more or less was oblivious to the pressure and was hit while throwing, resulting in a pop-up and an easy pick.

Guiness
08-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Well, Kizer had similar front-side pressure and felt it and moved up in the pocket and scrambled away. Pass was incomplete to Monty, but he still managed to evade the rush. Hundley more or less was oblivious to the pressure and was hit while throwing, resulting in a pop-up and an easy pick.

That's how I saw it too. The rusher went wide around Bell (who looks damn stationary for a tackle) and took a straight line at Hundley. He stood there as the DE bore down on him, going into his throwing motion as the DE bore down on him from his front side.

Joemailman
08-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Bell has not helped himself tonight. Hundley okay, but Kizer does look more aware.

Guiness
08-09-2018, 08:53 PM
Bell has not helped himself tonight. Hundley okay, but Kizer does look more aware.

On that last play too. Bell blew protection again, Kizer took the sack, but saw the rusher, tucked the ball and protected himself.

pittstang5
08-09-2018, 08:57 PM
too many flags on both teams

Guiness
08-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Put a fork in Hundley, he's done.

pittstang5
08-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Finally a big play and no flag. Nice throw and catch

Rutnstrut
08-09-2018, 09:27 PM
J'Mon Moore absolutely sucks. So they will probably keep him over kumerow.

Joemailman
08-09-2018, 09:59 PM
MVS having the best night of the receivers.

smuggler
08-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Boyle looked like the best QB today.

E: After saying this, he throws a beautiful deep TD to Kumerow.

Joemailman
08-09-2018, 10:06 PM

He's got a gun. He may force Gutey to keep 3 QB's.

pbmax
08-09-2018, 10:36 PM

Agree, Kizer much more natural in the pocket. Seems more accurate but not a lot of touch or air in some of this throws.

Burks, I think, is going to be OK. Only saw first half.

Josh Jackson is VERY handy.

Good to see Brice back in lineup.

esoxx
08-09-2018, 11:41 PM
I focused on Jackson nearly every snap and he is very impressive. Very fluid, smooth as glass.

Sure looks the part.

RashanGary
08-09-2018, 11:41 PM
6’4”
4.37 40 at combine

And a good pro day 3-cone

Dude is an athlete. Interesting.

HarveyWallbangers
08-10-2018, 12:10 AM
6’4”
4.37 40 at combine

And a good pro day 3-cone

Dude is an athlete. Interesting.

Yet, he had an average shuttle, average broad jump, and terrible vertical. One of the strangest athletic profiles I've seen. His profile fit more like a fast slot receiver with a lack of explosiveness (broad + vertical) than somebody 6'4". Actually, it was somewhat similar to Amari Cooper (a taller, slightly faster, and a slightly less explosive version).

RashanGary
08-10-2018, 02:18 AM
Yet, he had an average shuttle, average broad jump, and terrible vertical. One of the strangest athletic profiles I've seen. His profile fit more like a fast slot receiver with a lack of explosiveness (broad + vertical) than somebody 6'4". Actually, it was somewhat similar to Amari Cooper (a taller, slightly faster, and a slightly less explosive version).

True. But I’m more worried about his speed and ability to make cuts in his routes that vertical explosiveness. Outside of getting off the line, I don’t see much of a use for that other skill.

mraynrand
08-10-2018, 06:23 AM

https://youtu.be/BqO_irSdY1Q

Teamcheez1
08-10-2018, 10:08 AM
J'Mon Moore absolutely sucks. So they will probably keep him over kumerow.

Unless he completely collapses, Moore is likely going nowhere since he was a 4th round pick.

hoosier
08-10-2018, 10:21 AM
If Bell sees meaningful snaps during regular season that will be a sign that things are going down the tubes. Agree that Jackson looked good, especially in press coverage. Hundley always seemed to be looking for Yancy. Maybe they can find a CFL team that will take them both.

Zool
08-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Unless he completely collapses, Moore is likely going nowhere since he was a 4th round pick.

Also, this assessment is off a few plays in his first pre-season game. And it's Rut making the assessment.

Harlan Huckleby
08-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Just finished watching first quarter. Hundley looks good.

You know I always liked that kid.

jklowan
08-10-2018, 02:51 PM
I think Rollins and Bell are the 1st 2 cuts, both had real stink games last night. All of the QB's looked good I thought. To early to tell on the receivers

Rutnstrut
08-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Also, this assessment is off a few plays in his first pre-season game. And it's Rut making the assessment.

Would you like to make a bet whether or not Moore turns out to be a bust? I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Will/can you?

Zool
08-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Would you like to make a bet whether or not Moore turns out to be a bust? I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Will/can you?

Haha you definitely do not admit when you’re wrong and you make sweeping statements based on a small sample size.

mraynrand
08-10-2018, 05:12 PM

E: After saying this, he throws a beautiful deep TD to Kumerow.

Good News: The three backup QBs looked good
So So News: They looked like NFL backups

Teamcheez1
08-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Good News: The three backup QBs looked good
So So News: They looked like NFL backups

Hundley is the preseason hall of fame QB. He looks great in preseason, but under the bright lights of starting, he melts under the pressure.

pbmax
08-11-2018, 07:56 AM
If we have learned anything in the previous decades of preseason breakout stars, its that guy who shine in the 3rd and 4th quarter are going to have trouble adjusting to better competition.

So I am not sold on Boyle, just like I was not sold on Hill last year, and how it was reasonable (even if I ignored it) to be unsure about Hundley after his rookie year.

And that previous comment about Josh Jackson is that he seemed handsy. I saw one flag, I thought I would see more on him. Little bit of Grabby Smurf. But he's big enough that he will be able to redirect receivers even without being hands dependent.

Cheesehead Craig
08-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Let him be handsy until they call him on it all the time. Seattle got away with it for years.

wthigoot
08-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Replay coming up now on NHL Network for those of us who missed it live.

gbgary
08-11-2018, 04:35 PM
hundley was pretty good, kizer was ok (like his running), boyle was pretty good (stood in there, better arm than hundley, has the "it" factor), eq and quez had good games at wr, moore was pretty bad, don't think anyone at cb was good but rollings was bad, d-line was pretty good, o-line was meh as a whole but bell was pretty bad (mm played him out of position imo), the rbs were all ok. so...an ok performance with some flashes. not bad for the first shot out of the box.

Fritz
08-11-2018, 06:47 PM
It was funny that the Rats said Hundley looked very "meh" in terms of pocket awareness and arm strength, but the Urinal-Scented thought he was All World...though buried in the article were the same observations the Rats made. Add in that Hundley's Yuge Improvement in the offseason was...drumroll please...no longer rolling only to the right (how monumental!) and that he was playing someone's vanilla defense, and I can only conclude he's what we thougjt he was - a Lukewarm Carl.

gbgary
08-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Let him be handsy until they call him on it all the time. Seattle got away with it for years.

yup...the thing is during the season the refs won't call it on someone all the time as seattle proved. being a rookie he might get it more but it will eventually go away. for this year he'll have to really watch the jersey tug.

Rutnstrut
08-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Replay coming up now on NHL Network for those of us who missed it live.

That's odd, I watched it on the NBA network;)

pbmax
08-13-2018, 08:33 AM
Remember to look this guy up: Joey Mbu, #73, DT.

Unfortunately, he was getting shoved all around the field during the game. Was completely washed out of plays twice.