PDA

View Full Version : Official Marquez Valdes-Scantling Bandwagon Thread!

Anti-Polar Bear
08-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Told y'all, this guy is playa, a pimp, a stud, a philanderer. Made the team after last night's outstanding performance. Good things happen when MVS is on the field. You can't spell MVP without MVS.

Whereas Janis needed a spark to get going, MVS looks smooth returning kickoffs. However, MVS can't hold Janis jockstrap as a gunner. 4.3 40!

Cut Allison. The Great Arm of Butte is fond of that sloth, but that sloth does nothing but fumble away seasons. That sloth is not even a special teams demon.

Dez still would look dandy in the Green and Gold, but if nothing changes our world, the Packers' WR depth chart for the opener should be:

1. Adams
2. MVS
3. Cobb (slot machine)
4. Kumerow (I support NFL oddity; it's always awesome to see a black kicker, Asian RB, white corner, and the such.)

run pMc
08-10-2018, 06:18 PM
A bold prediction!

He's got talent to work with, but I'm much, much less sold on him as the #2WR today. I think MM/Gute would like one of the rookies to push Allison down the depth chart by mid-season.

I need to see more before I jump on the bandwagon...and no to Dez. They'd have been better off keeping Jordy than signing Dez.

Teamcheez1
08-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Per your post, I want an Asian RB. We need somebody to help promote the Green Bay Chinese food establishments.

gbgary
08-11-2018, 05:01 PM
quez (which i heard he's being called by some in the lockerroom) could make this team. i think allison stays though (he's more reliable than any of the draftees). as of today i think davis is out, one of the draftees ends up on the ps/ir, one is cut, and of course kumerow makes it. that leaves 6.

Fritz
08-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Right now, he looks to be the most promising of the three. Next week, we might be calling him "Vagina-Scalding."

You never know.

red
08-11-2018, 06:33 PM
we gotta hope that gutey is a little different from TT and is willing to cut the cord on a bad draft pick for a better talent, rather then compounding the problem by keeping the shit draft pick over the better players

Fritz
08-11-2018, 06:50 PM
So keep Kumerow over....Davis?

Bretsky
08-11-2018, 06:56 PM

or Moore ?

Joemailman
08-11-2018, 07:40 PM

Someone will have to show they can handle the return game if Davis is to be sent packing.

Fritz
08-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Someone will have to show they can handle the return game if Davis is to be sent packing.

Has Davis shown he can handle the return game??

Joemailman
08-11-2018, 10:06 PM

He averaged 12.0 yards per punt return last year which was 3rd in the NFL. He was 4th in the NFL in KOR yards last year. So I would say yes.

Zool
08-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Right now, he looks to be the most promising of the three. Next week, we might be calling him "Vagina-Scalding."

You never know.

Tucking this little nugget away.

bobblehead
08-12-2018, 09:26 AM
We've been reading about him being inconsistent in practice. I fear that we have the next Desmond Bishop developing. Outplays the higher drafted guys, but doesn't practice as well as he plays so MM refuses to give him a real shot.

pbmax
08-13-2018, 07:41 AM
we gotta hope that gutey is a little different from TT and is willing to cut the cord on a bad draft pick for a better talent, rather then compounding the problem by keeping the shit draft pick over the better players

You have to get over Desmond "two good seasons" Bishop.

pbmax
08-13-2018, 07:43 AM

You never know.

You have to have a safe word and a safe temperature. Way too cocky.

pbmax
08-13-2018, 08:04 AM

He averaged 12.0 yards per punt return last year which was 3rd in the NFL. He was 4th in the NFL in KOR yards last year. So I would say yes.

Please, can we just have a competent return man for more than one year?

Please?

Don't dump that chance just to keep a 6th round WR who looked good in preseason against the 3rd string.

Joemailman
08-13-2018, 08:17 AM
My ranking of WR's in terms of likelihood of making the team:

1. Adams
2. Cobb
3. Allison
4. Davis
5. Moore
6. MVS
7. Kumerow
8. St. Brown

I think 7 make it. Moore needs to pick it up though. He would be 8 if I were basing ranking solely on performance so far.

pbmax
08-13-2018, 08:23 AM
I have an entire thread ready to go about how Cobb was open far more often than you think. But I cannot find the Twitter account it was under. But boy howdy, let me tell you, it would have put Rand in his place.

For now, I think the Cobb is done meme is overwrought. Packers do need a deep threat and that threat is not named Allison "My Aim Is True" Geronimo. But deep threat guy, by whatever name, is not taking Cobb's spot.

Joemailman
08-13-2018, 08:54 AM
I have an entire thread ready to go about how Cobb was open far more often than you think. But I cannot find the Twitter account it was under. But boy howdy, let me tell you, it would have put Rand in his place.

For now, I think the Cobb is done meme is overwrought. Packers do need a deep threat and that threat is not named Allison "My Aim Is True" Geronimo. But deep threat guy, by whatever name, is not taking Cobb's spot.

This? https://twitter.com/ZachAJacobson/status/995507217456553984

deake
08-13-2018, 09:29 AM
No way we keep 7, need the spot for the 3rd qb.

Joemailman
08-13-2018, 09:46 AM
No way we keep 7, need the spot for the 3rd qb.

Finished with 7 last year. You can find room for 7 and 3.

deake
08-13-2018, 12:59 PM
That would mean only 8 on the line, not sure if that's gonna work.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-13-2018, 02:12 PM
A bold prediction!

He's got talent to work with, but I'm much, much less sold on him as the #2WR today. I think MM/Gute would like one of the rookies to push Allison down the depth chart by mid-season.

I need to see more before I jump on the bandwagon...and no to Dez. They'd have been better off keeping Jordy than signing Dez.

Just put MVS outside and bombs away! If defenses are gonna foolishly double team the likes of Cobb, Adams and Graham, and leave MVS on an island, lets drop bombs on them hapless Ds without mercy. Like Janis once was, MVS is a legitimate bomb threat. I'm telling ya, ain't no Pistol Force D's gonna stop MVS.

Adams seems like a concussion waiting to happen. Cobb can't seem to go through a season without missing games. Dez would provide depth and star power.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Per your post, I want an Asian RB. We need somebody to help promote the Green Bay Chinese food establishments.

That's racist, lol. Not all Asians are Chinese, and not all Chinese are cooks.

How many Asians are there in the NFL? Pat Chung and who else? Pacific Islanders like Troy Polamalu are pretty much the offspring of fearless Asians who got on a boat and drifted across the vast Pacific. Marcus Mariota is probably Asian. And if you include the Brit's term for "Asians," Ameer Abdullah of the hated Lions is also Asian.

Regardless, an Asian RB not named Abdullah would be awesome. :)

Anti-Polar Bear
08-13-2018, 02:31 PM
We've been reading about him being inconsistent in practice. I fear that we have the next Desmond Bishop developing. Outplays the higher drafted guys, but doesn't practice as well as he plays so MM refuses to give him a real shot.

Bishop didn't run the 40 in 4.3 seconds.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-13-2018, 02:38 PM
My ranking of WR's in terms of likelihood of making the team:

1. Adams
2. Cobb
3. Allison
4. Davis
5. Moore
6. MVS
7. Kumerow
8. St. Brown

I think 7 make it. Moore needs to pick it up though. He would be 8 if I were basing ranking solely on performance so far.

Allison, Davis and perhaps even Moore and St. Brown are Alliance of American Football players, not bona fide NFL players.

I don't get the love for sloth Allison. Any fit, 6'4" grinder on the streets of Baltimore can do what he does, which pretty much is fumbling away seasons.

Joemailman
08-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Allison, Davis and perhaps even Moore and St. Brown are Alliance of American Football players, not bona fide NFL players.

I don't get the love for sloth Allison. Any fit, 6'4" grinder on the streets of Baltimore can do what he does, which pretty much is fumbling away seasons.

Looks like maybe Dez will be the one in the AAF. :-)

pbmax
08-16-2018, 02:21 PM
MVS did something I once did. And I remember the coach thinking I was nuts for attempting it.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/rookie-receiver-marquez-valdes-scantling-hopes-global-view-of-packers/article_b2bf0bb7-48ed-50db-98b5-f8e2d0c75bd1.html

Joemailman
08-16-2018, 05:16 PM
MVS did something I once did. And I remember the coach thinking I was nuts for attempting it.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/rookie-receiver-marquez-valdes-scantling-hopes-global-view-of-packers/article_b2bf0bb7-48ed-50db-98b5-f8e2d0c75bd1.html

You ran a 4.37 40? :bclap:

pbmax
08-16-2018, 06:57 PM
You ran a 4.37 40? :bclap:

Good guess.

texaspackerbacker
08-17-2018, 08:29 AM
For better or worse - and I'll go with better, we have a real traffic jam of quality WRs, and now a 4th TE coming into the picture too.

I had figured Davis and Kumerow would be the two left out - keeping 7, but they have been damn good too and maybe only 6 are kept. How can anybody even remotely think of bringing in Dez or some other veteran? That article in post #28 speaks well of MVS's attitude. Combine that with the fact that he seems to have the best physical ability, and he just about has to stay.

I'd really consider unloading Cobb, but I doubt the Packers do that - just as I doubt they cut the higher round pick, Moore, in favor of the lower ones. I also never liked Kendrick; If Tonyan proves to be worth keeping - or not, I'd like to see Kendrick go. They've got some tough decisions to make.

Zool
08-17-2018, 01:00 PM
With the WR group and 2 viable FBs, do they keep 2 TEs? Could Glutes be wacky?

Harlan Huckleby
08-17-2018, 01:05 PM
For better or worse - and I'll go with better, we have a real traffic jam of quality WRs

As we have said each and every year.

Although to be fair, it does seem like a lot of the cuts make practice squads somewhere.

run pMc
08-17-2018, 03:51 PM
borrowing from Joemailman rankings, there are mine to date:
1. Adams
2. Cobb
3. Allison
4. Kumerow
5. MVS
6. St. Brown
7. Moore
8. Davis
9. Yancey

If Josh Jackson proves he can return punts, Davis is in real trouble. Yancey got a lot of snaps with 1's and 2's but struggles to separate. J'Mon Moore is a R4, tough to cut him outright. Many think if he gets his shit together he's Davante 2.0, which is worth stashing and developing. I think they keep 7, at least until Aaron Jones comes back.

Trading Cobb is risky because rookie WRs rarely produce. You trade Cobb and Adams gets hurt, and you have a WR group that scares nobody.

Bretsky
08-17-2018, 07:49 PM
These WR's as a group....are...…...not that strong

Anti-Polar Bear
10-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Against the Bills, MVS caught a bomb, and he provided Janiseque coverage as a "runner." I just realized how much I despise that certain "carnival of idiots" organization. Thus, I am forever boycotting the word "gunner" after this post.

Btw, that almost pick-6 was all the Great Arm of Butte. MVS was scapegoated.

MadScientist
10-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Against the Bills, MVS caught a bomb, and he provided Janiseque coverage as a "runner." I just realized how much I despise that certain "carnival of idiots" organization. Thus, I am forever boycotting the word "gunner" after this post.

Btw, that almost pick-6 was all the Great Arm of Butte. MVS was scapegoated.

If Rodgers was upset, odds are MVS screwed up. Either he didn't drive the DB off the route enough, or instead of continuing up for the catch he started leaning back to turn and get extra yards. That probably works against college DB's but not NFL ones.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-02-2018, 03:30 PM
If Rodgers was upset, odds are MVS screwed up. Either he didn't drive the DB off the route enough, or instead of continuing up for the catch he started leaning back to turn and get extra yards. That probably works against college DB's but not NFL ones.

Looked like 12 threw the rock right at the CB's number to me. Could've been another Benjamin-Dix collision had MVS ran the "correct" route. Trust me, I was a shutdown corner in HS. I know what I'm talking about.

Fritz
10-03-2018, 01:28 PM
If Cobb and/or Allison is out this week, we might get to see MVS run a few routes. Since Rodgers is always looking for the bomb anyway, or so it seems, why not loft one up there in the hopes MVS can come down with it?

mraynrand
10-03-2018, 03:34 PM
If Cobb and/or Allison is out this week, we might get to see MVS run a few routes. Since Rodgers is always looking for the bomb anyway, or so it seems, why not loft one up there in the hopes MVS can come down with it?

Rodgers doesn't like to put his stats at risk like that.

run pMc
10-04-2018, 09:26 AM
I'm betting Cobb plays but Geronimo doesn't, meaning MVS will continue to see snaps. Either J'Mon or EQ will see a few as well, depending on who practiced better this week. (I'm guessing it's Moore since he saw 11 snaps vs BUF) I don't think they can play Cobb 60 snaps with a tender hammy. Graham and Adams will get a lot of attention from Rodgers and the Lions D, so maybe this is a good game to get the backs involved in the passing game.

Fritz
10-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Well, the Lions don't have a particularly strong linebacking corps, so perhaps the Packers can get some mismatches with Graham, either with a slow linebacker or a short d-back.

Joemailman
10-08-2018, 08:49 PM
The rookie wan't bad in his 1st start. He has a lot to learn, but if I were the opposition, he'd make me nervous. Can't teach speed.

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2018, 09:44 PM
He and St. Brown too. And hopefully, at some point Moore will come around too - but I wouldn't bet on that last one.

I'd say we are pretty well set for the future with these guys plus Adams and Allison - sooner rather than later.

The key is to actually USE these guys. I doubt McCarthy would have done that if he wasn't forced by circumstance.

ThunderDan
10-08-2018, 11:07 PM
He and St. Brown too. And hopefully, at some point Moore will come around too - but I wouldn't bet on that last one.

I'd say we are pretty well set for the future with these guys plus Adams and Allison - sooner rather than later.

The key is to actually USE these guys. I doubt McCarthy would have done that if he wasn't forced by circumstance.

I always get a chuckle from your posts. You do know we have averaged over 40 passing attempts a game this year?

Or are you talking about the young players?

ThunderDan
10-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Packers passing on 67.83% of their plays. 3rd highest percentage in the NFL.

Joemailman
10-08-2018, 11:19 PM
Packers passing on 67.83% of their plays. 3rd highest percentage in the NFL.

That will happen when you face halftime deficits of 17, 18 and 24 points in 5 weeks.

mmmdk
10-09-2018, 07:05 AM
M V-S looks more than solid and could even become great one day. Packers sure know how to draft receivers, defense not so much. Marquez is one of the few positive things this season.

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2018, 10:50 AM
I always get a chuckle from your posts. You do know we have averaged over 40 passing attempts a game this year?

Or are you talking about the young players?

Hell Yeah I mean using young players, receivers especially. They finally did that last Sunday, and two of them did a damn good job. If not for injuries, I could see MVS having his talent wasted the same as the last guy with his jersey number.

Bretsky
10-09-2018, 05:55 PM
QUESTION FOR FANTASY FOOTBALL BALLERS ? IS THIS GUY WORTH PICKING UP, OR A ONCE IN A WHILE GUY

I am asking for the New York League; nobody knows about him there. In PR I have no need for WR's. My team blows, but my WR's are fine

Joemailman
10-09-2018, 06:22 PM
I don't think he was getting many reps before Allison got hurt. I'd be skeptical if Allison is gonna play this week.

Bretsky
10-09-2018, 06:26 PM
I kinda agree; I"m not a big Allison fan.

For us to consider starting him he'd start over guys like Kenny Stills or Devin Funchess (we start 4 WR's and those are the last 2 we debate over