PDA

View Full Version : Winners and Losers preseason edition:

bobblehead
08-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Since no one is stepping up I guess I have to get it started, but I'm lazy so I'm only posting 2 winners. I leave the rest up to you rats.

Reggie Gilbert: Was that Sean Gilbert or Reggie Gilbert out there? On a team desperate for pass rush after the oft injured starters, all the camp hype about Gilbert seems for real. I know he isn't facing top notch talent, but you can't hit the QB this often and have it be luck.

Jake Kumerow: Stop telling me about upside, if you outperform everyone not named Devante Adams you deserve a spot on the final roster. The other clowns haven't played a single snap in the NFL and to cut the guy who makes them all look like high schoolers because they ran a faster 40 and went to a bigger school is a surefire way build an inferior roster.

Have at it rats.

Harlan Huckleby
08-17-2018, 11:57 AM
Has Reggie Gilbert played against starters? He does look quick. Not very big. But then again, lots of good rushers aren't that tall.

pbmax
08-18-2018, 07:59 AM
Has Reggie Gilbert played against starters? He does look quick. Not very big. But then again, lots of good rushers aren't that tall.

He did. But as you would expect, he got more dominant as the game went on. He rotated with Fackrell early until Matthews left the game.

Fritz
08-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Feckless and Biegel seem to be a couple of punching bags. We're talking Frank Zombo levels of mediocrity, maybe worse.

Geez I hope Reggie Gilbert is good.

I wonder how Tremaine Edmunds is developing. Who got him? The Aints?

Harlan Huckleby
08-18-2018, 02:40 PM
Feckless and Biegel seem to be a couple of punching bags. We're talking Frank Zombo levels of mediocrity, maybe worse.

They do look sub Zombo.

pbmax
08-18-2018, 02:42 PM
Loser: Wilkerson. Not really worried but I watch him in a dozen snaps and he looked like nothing special. Twice he was knocked out of the play.

Harlan Huckleby
08-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Actually I looked and Gilbert is about the same size as the other OLBs. It must be an adjustment on my TV. Vince Biegel is the lightest of the bunch at 246.

RashanGary
08-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Kumero is the Brett Hundley of WRs. He’s alright, but you want better. I like Allison more. Allison is quicker.

red
08-18-2018, 05:05 PM
boy would it be a nice suprise is gilbert is a stud this year, and not just another over hyped preseason flop

he sure did dominate the other night though against some lower tier talent, which is exactly what good players should do

has oren burks helped quiet the fears most of us have had about him? i was expecting to see a tire fire, but he hasn't been all that bad

josh jackson seems to be the real deal. and like i thought during the draft, he looks to be the real first round CB

then you gotta look at the old guys. tramon and house might have the starting roles locked up. they look solid so far

loser. goodsen or whatever his name is. looks to be the weak link in the CB bunch

kevin king. another shoulder injury? come on man

Bretsky
08-18-2018, 05:24 PM

Geez I hope Reggie Gilbert is good.

I wonder how Tremaine Edmunds is developing. Who got him? The Aints?

Didn't the Steelers get him ? He's been doing well

Tony Oday
08-18-2018, 06:43 PM
I dont think Biegel makes the roster. Slow, small and not effective. Bust of a pick.

Bretsky
08-19-2018, 12:21 AM
Kumero is the Brett Hundley of WRs. He’s alright, but you want better. I like Allison more. Allison is quicker.

To me Allison is that guy. Kume is a good last #5/#6 . I don't think Allison is a #3. If he is he's the guy I hope one of the rookies bump back

RashanGary
08-19-2018, 05:14 AM
To me Allison is that guy. Kume is a good last #5/#6 . I don't think Allison is a #3. If he is he's the guy I hope one of the rookies bump back

They’re both kind of that guy. I’d be cool if neither make it.