PDA

View Full Version : Breakout seasons?

RashanGary
08-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Davante Adams - He looks so comfortable and confident. He’s already had some good seasons, but he’s hit that sweet spot of youth and experience and is about to light it up.

Jamaal Williams - Looks bigger and quicker. I’ve always liked downhill, consistent runners more than hit or miss runners with Aaron Rodgers. Just make positive yards, give good down and distances and Aaron will light it up. Williams is that kind of runner. He goes forward and now has the physical ability to get 4-5 much of the time. Perfect for AR run offense!

Kenny Clark - Another guy who’s already had some success, but I see him as just scratching the surface. And working next to Daniels and having Wilkerson and Lowry to rotate gives him another advantage.

Kentrell Brice - I see him as the most talented safety we’ve had since Nick Collins. Fast, strong, fearless. It’s his durability that’s a concern, but healthy I think he’s a beast!

Reggie Gilbert - everyone’s favorite off season story, but he does seem to have the pass rush talent!

Those are my young guys who haven’t been pro bowlers yet that I think have it in them! In Gilbert’s case it’s more just having it in him to get 6-10 sacks relieving the other guys and keeping them fresh. Matthews is an age where he would benefit from some rest.

mraynrand
08-21-2018, 09:54 PM
Mt. Adams. He can't play worse/less than last year APRH. And he's just a huge powerful guy. Togther with Clark, might just provide too much muscle and weight for O lines to content with - at the very least, he'll be a good rotation guy to spell Daniels/Clark/Wilky/Lowry (yes I know they all don't play the same positions).

texaspackerbacker
08-21-2018, 11:05 PM
Can a rookie have a "break out" season? I think MVS is the real deal and will prove it in the regular season - assuming they give him the opportunity they never gave the last guy with his number. Other than him, I also think Jamal Williams will shine this year. On D, I'd tend to say Kenny Clark already had his breakout season last year, but he very well could get even better. Reggie Gilbert looks like a strong choice also. I hope he replaces Nick Perry as the one getting the most playing time. I expect good years from both rookie Corners and also Tramon, but my surprise choice would be Quentin Rollins. I expect him to shine brighter than Brice or Josh Jones as a Safety and part time Slot Corner.

The Shadow
08-22-2018, 11:40 AM
I thought this thread was about acne.

mraynrand
08-22-2018, 11:44 AM
deleted - too annoying

Fritz
08-22-2018, 11:53 AM
When they toss Richie Incognito in jail again, maybe he'll have a breakout.

Zool
08-22-2018, 01:27 PM
https://youtu.be/4eNBM17tkjI

George Cumby
08-22-2018, 02:20 PM
deleted - too annoying

Swingout Sister?

CaptainKickass
08-22-2018, 02:46 PM
When they toss Richie Incognito in jail again, maybe he'll have a breakout.

Relevant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRo3u04vY1E

wthigoot
08-22-2018, 09:41 PM
Like some of the choices so far. Mt. Adams, MVS, Clark.

Other poential ones:

Geronimo Allison will start, could become a go-to for first downs.

Tonyan looks good and could be a real TE option.

At RB I still like Jones to break out over Williams. He can heal up while on suspension and be ready to go.

JK Scott should get better as the season goes on. Cold weather will be the test.

Pipkins and Donnerson are longer shots but could make some plays if they make the team.

pbmax
08-23-2018, 06:45 PM
https://www.ludumdare.com/compo/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/breakout_clone-550x733.png