PDA

View Full Version : GOAT Packer QB

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2018, 10:46 AM
Choose wisely, this is part of your permanent record.

mraynrand
08-22-2018, 10:51 AM
Patler will choose Bart

mraynrand
08-22-2018, 10:52 AM
what is a 'QQ'?

red
08-22-2018, 11:21 AM
whats choose widely mean?

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2018, 11:32 AM
whats choose widely mean?

Autocorrect bit me on that one.

mraynrand
08-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Autocorrect bit me on that one.

Autocorrect is a harsh mistress.

Fritz
08-22-2018, 11:52 AM
Choose wisely, this is part of your permanent record.

Cecil Isbell, baby!

Zool
08-22-2018, 01:25 PM
Randy (if being this awesome is wrong, I don't want to be) Wright

mraynrand
08-22-2018, 01:33 PM
We already did WOAT.

I can't decide here. Bart was the best leader, and the most successful in terms of championships, Favre was the greatest tough-guy, rocket-arm gamer, and Rodgers is the amazing, mistake-free, efficient, surgeon-of-a-QB. I refuse to pick.

George Cumby
08-22-2018, 02:19 PM
What Rand said. Three different QQ’s from three different eras. Really hard to say which was best without clarifying the rating criteria.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2018, 02:34 PM
You can clarify your own criteria. I voted for Starr because he won so much. Favre was too error prone, although he is in same league as other two. Rodgers may yet eclipse Starr.

Starr didn't have a great team around him every year he played. He was consistent.

I am surprised nobody voted for Favre yet.

texaspackerbacker
08-22-2018, 02:56 PM
I grew up watching Starr, but I didn't vote for him because he was to a great extent a product of the team around him - and the coach, of course.

I had Favre pegged as the GOAT NFL-wide - until Rodgers came along and clearly is even greater.

gbgary
08-22-2018, 04:13 PM
on all the measureables, stats, etc...Rodgers.

on history, class, being an icon...Starr.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2018, 04:20 PM
I was not drunk when I made this poll, I was lying in bed with a tiny android tablet I could barely read, trying to punch tiny letters with my fat fingers. It took a couple tries, but I pressed on because of the urgency of settling the GOAT QQ question once and for all. Fuck you in advance, and your mothers for what you been saying.

mraynrand
08-22-2018, 04:30 PM
I was not drunk when I made this poll, I was lying in bed with a tiny android tablet I could barely read, trying to punch tiny letters with my fat fingers. It took a couple tries, but I pressed on because of the urgency of settling the GOAT QQ question once and for all. Fuck you in advance, and your mothers for what you been saying.

^^^^ It's never the crime that gets ya, but the cover-up.

oldbutnotdeadyet
08-22-2018, 06:36 PM
I voted for bert. Win or lose, he was just so much fun to watch. Rodgers is probably better but in a boring sort of way.

wthigoot
08-22-2018, 10:02 PM
Cecil Isbell, baby!

Cecil Isbell -- hmmmm....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Isbell

Former NFL & Green Bay Packers record

Held the NFL record for most consecutive games with a touchdown pass with 23 games from 1940 to 1942. (These were the last 23 games of Isbell's career.) The record was later surpassed by Johnny Unitas in 1957 before Drew Brees eclipsed it in 2012. He held the Green Bay Packer record until it was later surpassed by Brett Favre in 2003.

Good company.

Isbell, Arnie Herber, Tobin Rote, even John Hadl.....

Voting fior Starr because he did win a lot; he called the plays because he had a knack for the right play at the right time.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-23-2018, 03:18 AM
I was a Favre loyalist. Then an “Erin” hater. Then a Rodgers stoic. Today, I idolize the Great Arm of Butte, especially since I found out where he stands on the civic rainbow (hint: far away from Tex).

Much as I now idolize Rodgers, til he wins another ring, Fave will remain the GOAT in my book. The Gunslinger won only a ring, but he single-handily turned around a moribund Packer franchise.

Win another ring, GAB!

Tony Oday
08-23-2018, 07:37 AM
Favre didnt single handedly do anything. Reggie signing here did.

Pugger
08-23-2018, 07:44 AM
Cecil Isbell, baby!

No, its gotta be Arnie Herber. ;-)

Pugger
08-23-2018, 07:47 AM
I was a Favre loyalist. Then an “Erin” hater. Then a Rodgers stoic. Today, I idolize the Great Arm of Butte, especially since I found out where he stands on the civic rainbow (hint: far away from Tex).

Much as I now idolize Rodgers, til he wins another ring, Fave will remain the GOAT in my book. The Gunslinger won only a ring, but he single-handily turned around a moribund Packer franchise.

Win another ring, GAB!

If rings and championships are the measurement then Starr is the GOAT for this franchise. Favre's tendency to throw picks at the worst possible moments is what is keeping me from giving him the nod. Arod is the best pure passer I've seen since Marino so he got my vote.

texaspackerbacker
08-23-2018, 10:26 AM

Win another ring, GAB!

I can easily overlook Rodgers' politics in favor of what he does on the field - and there, he is simply the greatest of all time. I'm glad to see Favre get some votes, though. I think he is still the GOAT in the NFL - just second GOAT on the Packers.

How many Super Bowl rings is more a product of the team around whoever the QB is.

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2018, 10:53 AM
I have a hunch that the youngest posters (people in their 60s) voted for Arod, the middled aged (70s) went for Favre, and the old folks home went for Starr. Just like with music, people stick with the heros of when they were yutes.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-23-2018, 10:57 AM

It’s a QB-plagued league. Without Fave, the LA Packers of Anaheim would exist today.

Great pass rushers are nice, but they aren’t saviors. And no fucking way the Majik man was ever gonna save the Packers.

mraynrand
08-23-2018, 11:01 AM
I have a hunch that the youngest posters (people in their 60s) voted for Arod, the middled aged (70s) went for Favre, and the old folks home went for Starr. Just like with music, people stick with the heros of when they were yutes.

"I can double my density from three-sixty degrees to seven-twenty instantly."

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Great pass rushers are nice, but they aren’t saviors.

Reverand White was definitely a savior. (I looked it up - he was a Baptist minister.)

My favorite off-field memory of Reggie was his speech to the state legislature where he talked about the gifts of different ethnic groups. Whites have the gift of being good with money. Hispanics have the gift of being able to live together in crowded conditions. The asians are clever and could miniaturize watches and such. I wish I coulda been there to watch the squirming in seats.

mraynrand
08-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Reverand White was definitely a savior. (I looked it up - he was a Baptist minister.)

My favorite off-field memory of Reggie was his speech to the state legislature where he talked about the gifts of different ethnic groups. Whites have the gift of being good with money. Hispanics have the gift of being able to live together in crowded conditions. The asians were clever and could miniaturize watches and such. I wish I coulda been there.

you forgot about the laundromats. "Ancient Chinese secret, huh?"

Anti-Polar Bear
08-23-2018, 11:05 AM
If rings and championships are the measurement then Starr is the GOAT for this franchise. Favre's tendency to throw picks at the worst possible moments is what is keeping me from giving him the nod. Arod is the best pure passer I've seen since Marino so he got my vote.

From what I’ve read, Starr was a game manager in an era when game managers were still cool. He also played with a bunch of hofmers. A winner, sure, but not the GOAT.

White was the only homer Favre played with in the Green and Gold. The gunslinger saved the franchise. Unless Rodgers wins another ring, Favre’s the GOAT.

mraynrand
08-23-2018, 11:06 AM

My favorite off-field memory of Reggie was his speech to the state legislature where he talked about the gifts of different ethnic groups. Whites have the gift of being good with money. Hispanics have the gift of being able to live together in crowded conditions. The asians are clever and could miniaturize watches and such. I wish I coulda been there to watch the squirming in seats.

He got about the same reception as "Sexual Chocolate"

https://youtu.be/gFmrOEDJD-8

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2018, 11:07 AM
Reggie had other off-field gifts. The Rev with former Bear (and pack) defensive linemen Steve "Mongo" McMichael (if I 'member correctly)

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/og_image/public/2017/10/19970518_mcmichael_reggiewhite--b5c2f0996ddc2287f1574c4dd3ea2850.jpg
http://allgbp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/r_white_030411_blog-242x300.jpg

texaspackerbacker
08-23-2018, 11:13 AM

ok, you got me. I'm actually 21, not 71. That's the only reason I voted for Rodgers hahahahahaha.

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2018, 11:14 AM
From what I’ve read, Starr was a game manager in an era when game managers were still cool. He also played with a bunch of hofmers. A winner, sure, but not the GOAT.

That was an era when QBs got creamed. I was pretty young, but I remember Starr being a real accurate and steady passer through thick and thin. I'm not sure either Favre or Arod could have been so accurate and steady. (Well, I suppose they would be superstars because athletes generally get physically superior over 50 years, so hard to compare.)

Anti-Polar Bear
08-24-2018, 12:07 PM

What!?! No wonder Tony O’Day doesn’t diss Reggie.

texaspackerbacker
08-24-2018, 12:41 PM

Do you recall what he said about black people?

mraynrand
08-24-2018, 01:24 PM
That was an era when QBs got creamed.

No doubt. The stuff Deacon Jones got away with...

HarveyWallbangers
08-24-2018, 02:14 PM

His heart was in the right place though.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2018, 04:05 PM
His heart was in the right place though.

Sure. He thought he was saying everyone is beautiful in their own way. I didn't think he was a bad guy or anything, just dopey.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Do you recall what he said about black people?

Once black never back.

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2018, 03:34 PM
I see the CheeseheadTV GOAT poll is:
Starr 36%
Favre 35%
Rodgers 26%

I imagine they have a large sample of Packer fans. What does this tell us about packerrats? Bunch of wankers still pissed off at Favre?

mraynrand
08-27-2018, 04:25 PM
Championships > Personalities > Stats

Pugger
08-28-2018, 07:58 AM
Starr 36%
Favre 35%
Rodgers 26%

I imagine they have a large sample of Packer fans. What does this tell us about packerrats? Bunch of wankers still pissed off at Favre?

My issue with Favre and why I don't think he is our GOAT is because of his tendency to throw picks. And some of these were self-inflicted and not because of pressure or getting hit.

Zool
08-28-2018, 09:35 AM
Starr 36%
Favre 35%
Rodgers 26%

Maybe people with an ounce of common sense? In what universe is Favre better than Rodgers? Concussions gained? Concussions played with? Wrangler commercials? Cheating on his wife in a hot tub with high school girls?

mraynrand
08-28-2018, 10:31 AM
Maybe people with an ounce of common sense? In what universe is Favre better than Rodgers? Concussions gained? Concussions played with? Wrangler commercials? Cheating on his wife in a hot tub with high school girls?

People either don't know/believe/care about those things. They just like the Favre mystique. Rodgers ain't got it. But he's a tremendous player. Even though it's a poll of 'who's better' you can't control for the pure popularity aspect of it, nor the power the historical myths and success of the Lombardi era. It would be interesting to see how the poll changed if everyone could watch every game that each player played, in it's entirety. I'm not sure, but I suspect it would come out Rodgers>Favre>Starr.

Joemailman
08-28-2018, 10:48 AM
Hard to compare these guys. I went with Favre because of the way he helped turn this franchise around when it was a butt of jokes. I think it's easy to forget how freaking awesome Favre was in 1995-96 with a pretty ordinary group of WR's.

Harlan Huckleby
08-28-2018, 11:57 AM
Maybe people with an ounce of common sense? In what universe is Favre better than Rodgers?
In the universe of Packer fan opinion Favre is the top dog. Common sense must say that this is right view: it's most common.

I agree with your opinion, though. I was just a little puzzled why Packerrats is so much more pro-Arod than rest of greater Wisconsin. Maybe we have uncommon good sense. Or we're a bunch of Favre grudge holding wankers.

Zool
08-28-2018, 04:16 PM
In the universe of Packer fan opinion Favre is the top dog. Common sense must say that this is right view: it's most common.

I agree with your opinion, though. I was just a little puzzled why Packerrats is so much more pro-Arod than rest of greater Wisconsin. Maybe we have uncommon good sense. Or we're a bunch of Favre grudge holding wankers.

Or both

Fritz
08-28-2018, 07:25 PM
But Cecil was like a kid out there.

Rutnstrut
08-28-2018, 07:25 PM
Zool likes AR better than Favre. That's reason enough to be on the Favre train.

Fritz
08-28-2018, 07:30 PM
People either don't know/believe/care about those things. They just like the Favre mystique. Rodgers ain't got it. But he's a tremendous player. Even though it's a poll of 'who's better' you can't control for the pure popularity aspect of it, nor the power the historical myths and success of the Lombardi era. It would be interesting to see how the poll changed if everyone could watch every game that each player played, in it's entirety. I'm not sure, but I suspect it would come out Rodgers>Favre>Starr.

But those watching would have to understand how different the game was in each era and factor that in. Would Rodgers or Favre be better than Starr in his time? How would Starr do today with the rules as they are and the training methods?

Joemailman
08-28-2018, 08:09 PM
In 1996, Favre and Steve Young were the only 2 NFL QB's with a passer rating over 90. Last year there were 15. It's a much more pass-friendly game now.

hoosier
08-28-2018, 08:44 PM
dp

hoosier
08-28-2018, 08:45 PM
I voted for Rodgers. While it's tough to compare players between eras, Rodgers's meaningful stats (TD:INT and QB Rating) are superior to anyone in his own generation. I don't think you could say that about any other GB QB. The things Rodgers does well seem especially suited to the way the rules have tilted toward offense and the way offenses have evolved.

Harlan Huckleby
08-28-2018, 10:21 PM
I voted for Rodgers. While it's tough to compare players between eras, Rodgers's meaningful stats (TD:INT and QB Rating) are superior to anyone in his own generation. I don't think you could say that about any other GB QB.
Ya, OK. But I seem to remember that Bart Starr held a record for the most consecutive passes without an interception. I couldn't find any stats about that, or career interception rates going back in time. Maybe it is a figment of my imagination, but Starr would have been highly efficient in any era.

In my fruitless google search, i hit on two interesting pages. This guy think Brett Favre is the all-time interception king among well known quarterbacks:
https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/richest-female-athletes-of-all-time.html/

Aaron Rodgers is the all time leader in interception percentage:
https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Aaron-Rodgers-is-all-time-leader-in-pass-interception-percentage-119654315/

Quite a contrast.

Joemailman
08-28-2018, 11:25 PM
Starr had a higher percentage of his passes intercepted than than Favre did. It's hard to compare players from different eras.

Zool
08-29-2018, 01:46 AM
Zool likes AR better than Favre. That's reason enough to be on the Favre train.

Dont you have some kids to shout at in your yard?

Zool
08-29-2018, 01:52 AM
Starr had a higher percentage of his passes intercepted than than Favre did. It's hard to compare players from different eras.

It’s a silly poll because there’s no definition to the question. What is the criteria for “best”. I take it to be physically and mentally superior because they are playing a sport. I didnt get to watch Starr live, and as you said in his era maybe they didn’t break down film like they do now. Rodgers is on the next plateau right now for how he reads a game. Farce (auto correct did this and I’m leaving it) was just slinging the ball and hoping for the best. Rodgers’ accuracy in my opinion can be compared to Steph Curry’s accuracy in shooting a basketball. They are both redefining what the current best is. Farve wasn’t the best QB of his generation. Rodgers is either 1 or 2, and I believe Starr would be considered in the top couple.

Pugger
08-29-2018, 10:44 AM
It’s a silly poll because there’s no definition to the question. What is the criteria for “best”. I take it to be physically and mentally superior because they are playing a sport. I didnt get to watch Starr live, and as you said in his era maybe they didn’t break down film like they do now. Rodgers is on the next plateau right now for how he reads a game. Farce (auto correct did this and I’m leaving it) was just slinging the ball and hoping for the best. Rodgers’ accuracy in my opinion can be compared to Steph Curry’s accuracy in shooting a basketball. They are both redefining what the current best is. Farve wasn’t the best QB of his generation. Rodgers is either 1 or 2, and I believe Starr would be considered in the top couple.

:tup:

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2018, 11:38 AM
It’s a silly poll because there’s no definition to the question. What is the criteria for “best”.

These GOAT polls are taken all the time and real men – manly men – manage to power through the difficulty without whining. Yes, we all know that Michael Jordan, Bill Russell and Lebron James played different positions in different eras, it is hard to compare. They were great in their own ways. To come up with a choice, you have to decide on the most important criteria, and you have to judge each within their era.

“But it’s so hard!” shriek the girly men. “I can’t do it. What is 'best'? I won’t do it! I won’t, I tell you!”

mraynrand
08-29-2018, 11:41 AM
These GOAT polls are taken all the time and real men – manly men – manage to power through the difficulty without whining.

lol

Yes, we all know that Michael Jordan, Bill Russell and Lebron James played different positions in different eras, it is hard to compare. They were great in their own ways. To come up with a choice, you have to decide on the most important criteria, and you have to judge each within their era.

“But it’s so hard!” shriek the girly men. “I can’t do it. What is 'best'? I won’t do it! I won’t, I tell you!”

Wilt Chamberlain! Think about the obstacles he overcame - just competing, getting back on that horse(s) every night despite the pure exhaustion from the previous night!

pbmax
08-29-2018, 01:59 PM
Patler has made the case (and others have echoed it) that Starr often rescued the Packer offense with passing when the run game proved fruitless.

I suspect with a modern offense and training Starr would look like Montana or Brady and give any modern QB a run for their money.

Rodgers and Favre have athletic traits that are hard to match given their efficiency. I have no idea who comes out on top but Rodgers dominates in his era more than the other two except where Starr was a monster in playoff games (non era adjusted 100+ passer rating in the 1960s).

Zool
08-29-2018, 02:50 PM
These GOAT polls are taken all the time and real men – manly men – manage to power through the difficulty without whining. Yes, we all know that Michael Jordan, Bill Russell and Lebron James played different positions in different eras, it is hard to compare. They were great in their own ways. To come up with a choice, you have to decide on the most important criteria, and you have to judge each within their era.

Poles are taken all the time by manly men. You are correct. I assume you're watching the video right now.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2018, 02:55 PM
Yes, and it includes a GOAT

hoosier
08-29-2018, 03:46 PM
Poles are taken all the time by manly men. You are correct. I assume you're watching the video right now.

Manly men prefer Italians to Poles.

mraynrand
09-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Bert drops to 4 votes with the withdrawal of oldbutnotdeadyet's support.

Fritz
09-10-2018, 02:53 PM
After last night, more votes for Rodgers, who famously was faulted for a few years for not being able to lead a comeback?

pbmax
09-10-2018, 03:24 PM
After last night, more votes for Rodgers, who famously was faulted for a few years for not being able to lead a comeback?

Wasn't a 2 minute drill Fritz, so lets not elect anyone to the Hall of Fame yet. He really needs to throw more interceptions.

Joemailman
09-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Except that Rodgers said he learned about playing through injuries from Favre. Brett got him through that game last night.

red
09-10-2018, 06:24 PM
starr was an OK QB and GREAT leader on a team full of stars led by the greatest coach of all time

favre broke almost every record in the book, but for every 3 great plays he made, he made 2 stupid mind numbing plays

a-rod is everything favre was, without any of the stupid bone headed plays

to me this one isn't even close

pbmax
09-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Except that Rodgers said he learned about playing through injuries from Favre. Brett got him through that game last night.

I give Rodgers a TON of credit. Would be easy to be salty about Favre. Even after the thaw, Brett still seemed to have left handed compliments for Rodgers in public comments. He didn't make a career or a book out of it, but it was a noticeable pattern.

But he seems to have come around lately to be more charitable.

Rodgers was much more careful and solicitous. He didn't need to credit Favre last night, but it was fun that he did.

mraynrand
09-10-2018, 06:26 PM

2:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsZBHzK1n6k

red
09-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Patler has made the case (and others have echoed it) that Starr often rescued the Packer offense with passing when the run game proved fruitless.

I suspect with a modern offense and training Starr would look like Montana or Brady and give any modern QB a run for their money.

Rodgers and Favre have athletic traits that are hard to match given their efficiency. I have no idea who comes out on top but Rodgers dominates in his era more than the other two except where Starr was a monster in playoff games (non era adjusted 100+ passer rating in the 1960s).

starr threw almost as many ints as he did TDs. and i can't imagine TOs were liked by any generation

starr might be more like a flacco or eli

but, i never saw him play, i just have those stupid NFL film videos that make everyone look like they're running and moving in slow motion

mraynrand
09-10-2018, 06:29 PM
I give Rodgers a TON of credit. Would be easy to be salty about Favre. Even after the thaw, Brett still seemed to have left handed compliments for Rodgers in public comments. He didn't make a career or a book out of it, but it was a noticeable pattern.

But he seems to have come around lately to be more charitable.

Rodgers was much more careful and solicitous. He didn't need to credit Favre last night, but it was fun that he did.

Rodgers easily could have been on that bike. But he wasn't.

https://media.giphy.com/media/APKOIPRLraKobVabvP/giphy.gif

red
09-10-2018, 06:30 PM

dude is in insane shape

mraynrand
09-10-2018, 06:32 PM
dude is in insane shape

yep

Fritz
09-11-2018, 05:37 AM
starr threw almost as many ints as he did TDs. and i can't imagine TOs were liked by any generation

starr might be more like a flacco or eli

but, i never saw him play, i just have those stupid NFL film videos that make everyone look like they're running and moving in slow motion

Remember though that Starr played in an era when QB's were not rules-protected at all, so getting speared or slammed was seen as a good hit. In addition, receivers did not have the protections they do today (though the seventies was the decade in which defensive backs could get away with a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g).

Put Starr in today's game, and I am pretty sure he'd have far, far fewer interceptions, and many more TD passes.

mraynrand
09-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Remember though that Starr played in an era when QB's were not rules-protected at all, so getting speared or slammed was seen as a good hit. In addition, receivers did not have the protections they do today (though the seventies was the decade in which defensive backs could get away with a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g).

Put Starr in today's game, and I am pretty sure he'd have far, far fewer interceptions, and many more TD passes.

He sure would. He'd certainly have more than 13 completions/playoff game too. And he'd likely have more than 10 playoff games. But...half the team would have left in free agency...

pbmax
09-11-2018, 08:36 AM
He sure would. He'd certainly have more than 13 completions/playoff game too. And he'd likely have more than 10 playoff games. But...half the team would have left in free agency...

Lombardi would have yelled what the hell is going on out there in March.

smuggler
09-12-2018, 10:36 PM
Would have been amazing to see Rodgers with a coach of Lombardi's caliber. Can't go wrong with Bart Starr, but I think Aaron's talent is just too much.

The Shadow
09-13-2018, 12:04 AM

Agree 100%.

Rutnstrut
09-14-2018, 04:57 PM

You do know the AR has agreed with this way of thinking now that he's the "old man" in the QB room?

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2018, 05:14 PM
Here's the man.

https://www.totalpackers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/bart-starr-brett-favre.jpg

Joemailman
09-14-2018, 05:39 PM
Here's the man.

https://www.totalpackers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/bart-starr-brett-favre.jpg

Men.

mraynrand
09-14-2018, 06:27 PM
You do know the AR has agreed with this way of thinking now that he's the "old man" in the QB room?

I'm not really bothered by this attitude.

Rutnstrut
09-14-2018, 11:27 PM
I'm not really bothered by this attitude.

Me either. But some of the Favre haters love to bring it up. People can say "it's a business" when players go to another team. Well it's a business move or self preservation if these guys don't want to teach their replacement everything they know. Plus the best teacher is actual experience. So let them learn through doing.

mraynrand
09-15-2018, 12:24 AM
When they draft a QB #1, they’re looking to replace you sooner than later. It’s a competition and you really can’t expect a guy to go nuts training the next guy who is kicking him out the door - unless you work for Disney...

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2018, 02:15 AM
Have y’all forgotten 4’s iron man streak? An argument could be made that the streak by itself makes 4 the GOAT. Ain’t no fuckin QB in Hades is gonna play that many str8t games if he’s fragile and his game is an abomination.

I stand by my indebunkable argument: Unless 12 wins another ring in the Green and Gold, 4’s the 🐐.

ZachMN
09-15-2018, 06:44 AM

Yep. And in my opinion Judas/Mr. Interception lost a lot of important games so he can pound sand up his ass...'for obvious reasons'.

ZachMN
09-15-2018, 06:49 AM

I am proud to be an anti "I lose the most important games because I throw STUPID interceptions' and will be for a long long time....by the way...I didn't see Lynn Dickey as a choice? :D he was my guy when I was a kid.......

mraynrand
09-15-2018, 07:56 AM
I am proud to be an anti "I lose the most important games because I throw STUPID interceptions' and will be for a long long time....by the way...I didn't see Lynn Dickey as a choice? :D he was my guy when I was a kid.......

Lynn Dicky was every bit as talented as Dan Fouts - perhaps even a better, more accurate deep ball. If Dicky had been 1)Healthy and 2) with a consistently decent organization he'd have been a shoo-in HOF QB.

BTW, I met Paul Coffman a few years back (Lynn was nearby but I didn't get to meet him) and I thought he was Mark Murphy! (I'm 6'3" and Paul is older now, so he's kinda shrunk - just over 6 feet tall, thin and bald). But a great, nice guy. Part of that great offense under Bob Schnelker.

pbmax
09-15-2018, 03:23 PM

Which comment are we talking about? Rodgers said he understood the not wanting to mentor a replacement, but he hasn't behaved in the same way with his backups. Of course, there hasn't been a first round pick yet, so that case hasn't been tested.

He has also said he understood how Favre seemed apart from the team due to age. But rather than retreat into a separate office and hold his weekly media availability in the press room, Rodgers is still in the locker room and going out of his way to greet his younger teammates. Rodgers again doing things his own way.

You don't have to approve of either method or choice, but Rodgers hasn't behaved like Favre to his teammates yet.

Zool
09-15-2018, 03:45 PM
Have y’all forgotten 4’s iron man streak? An argument could be made that the streak by itself makes 4 the GOAT. Ain’t no fuckin QB in Hades is gonna play that many str8t games if he’s fragile and his game is an abomination.

I stand by my indebunkable argument: Unless 12 wins another ring in the Green and Gold, 4’s the ��.

And he now said he would never let his kids play football.

Bretsky
09-15-2018, 04:35 PM
I'd say it's AROD for sure; he could excel in any system.

If Favre played for Lombardi I think he might have been traded away to Australia....lol

red
09-15-2018, 05:01 PM
I'd say it's AROD for sure; he could excel in any system.

If Favre played for Lombardi I think he might have been traded away to Australia....lol

thats a really good point