PDA

View Full Version : Bears Week #1

pbmax
09-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Crawford, Burks and Jones were with rehab group during practice on Monday.

Tony Oday
09-04-2018, 10:17 AM
I hope Mack doesn't take over the game.

call_me_ishmael
09-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Welcome back boys, it's been a good long while. I cannot wait for the Pack to start up on Sunday. We'll see how the three year old handles it. The two year old last year did not like watching games so I barely got to watch any. Hopefully 3 will chill on the couch or do his own thing.

Fritz
09-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Crawford, Burks and Jones were with rehab group during practice on Monday.

Alcohol or opiods?

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Welcome back boys, it's been a good long while. I cannot wait for the Pack to start up on Sunday. We'll see how the three year old handles it. The two year old last year did not like watching games so I barely got to watch any. Hopefully 3 will chill on the couch or do his own thing.

You make your toddlers stay up for night games?

I'm calling child protective services. This is Daddy Peterson territory.

smuggler
09-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Is Mack even going to play?

hoosier
09-04-2018, 01:24 PM

No, he doesn't make them stay up. He might not want to spend the hour needed to settle them down, but staying up is a choice they make.

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Thank you for the clarification.

Rutnstrut
09-04-2018, 04:56 PM

Well he is a liberal so he probably doesn't want to be too rough on his kids by actually parenting;)

Relax CMI, I am joking. I'm sure you are a great Dad even though your political views suck.

Joemailman
09-04-2018, 04:59 PM
Is Mack even going to play?

Word is he's going to play, but I doubt full time. If they tried to put him in there full time, that would be a hamstring pull waiting to happen. So, I hope they put him in there full time.

KYPack
09-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Word is he's going to play, but I doubt full time. If they tried to put him in there full time, that would be a hamstring pull waiting to happen. So, I hope they put him in there full time.

My thoughts exactly, Joe.

This is the perfect scenario for a "holdout hammy".

And it couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of jerk-offs - the Bears.

Radagast
09-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Granted, Mack is a dominant force to contend with, but many teams have succeeded under similar circumstances. I look for GB to turn the Bears new strength into a Packer advantage. In addition, Rodgers mobility outside the pocket has foiled many opposing players dreams of sacking him. Running through the Bears line may be replaced with runs that target blocking where Mack is not.

The real change this season will be the improved Packers Defense that I feel is going to be getting a lot of praise. :jig:

pbmax
09-04-2018, 09:03 PM
Alcohol or opiods?

I think these kids are into injuring soft tissue these days.

pbmax
09-04-2018, 09:06 PM

Bulaga should wear a camelbak and squirt water on the LOS to try to get Mack to hit the deck.

Scratch that. I don't want Bulaga near anything slippery.

Willard
09-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Will we see major changes to our offense given our new OC, and talk of an entirely new playbook now that the regular season is starting? I hope so, but don’t really expect anything new. I.e., AR holds ball, runs around trying to find someone to throw to.

pbmax
09-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Will we see major changes to our offense given our new OC, and talk of an entirely new playbook now that the regular season is starting? I hope so, but don’t really expect anything new. I.e., AR holds ball, runs around trying to find someone to throw to.

With the backups out there against the Chefs, they ran some bunches (2 and 3 receivers stacked together) and a couple of meshes (receivers crossing each other shallow). So maybe things change up.

call_me_ishmael
09-04-2018, 10:38 PM

There's a whale joke somewhere in there.

Fritz
09-05-2018, 04:53 AM

Good one, given your moniker.

pbmax
09-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
In the nearly 200 years of combined football played by the Packers and Bears only 87 players have suited up for both teams. Their allegiance, however, usually stays on one side of the rivalry.

https://t.co/Oyk4vB3lbe

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
From Steve McMichael:
“The story I tell the Bears fans to make it all right ... For 13 years I played against the Packers and beat them every year, so I whooped their ass, right? The last year of my career I went up there and wasn't any good anymore and stole their money.”

pbmax
09-05-2018, 09:21 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmVaz67W0AA2Qnb.jpg:large

Joemailman
09-05-2018, 10:06 AM

Fuller and Mack I get. But Robinson?

gbgary
09-05-2018, 10:47 AM
i predict a hard-fought win. they better double mack (bulaga/lewis).

Anti-Polar Bear
09-05-2018, 02:21 PM
i predict a hard-fought win. they better double mack (bulaga/lewis).

72-0, Packers. Pack run up score just to fuck with the Bears for fucking up the Mack/Fuller ordeals.

ZachMN
09-05-2018, 02:47 PM
I Hope M3 keeps his goddamn foot on the gas on both O and D...I hate it when teams go into prevent......bring the hot fire and burn EVERYTHING!

pbmax
09-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
With Mack in listening range in the #Bears training room, DE Akiem Hicks, when asked what he knew about the #Packers OL, said on a conference call: “I know those five guys can’t block Khalil Mack.” Later he added, “Can you tell how excited I am to have my new teammate?”

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2018, 03:36 PM
This is one of the more intriguing openers ever. I have zero idea how good the Bears will be. Mack could be anything this Sunday. Won't be surprised if he is rusty or a beast. Bulaga could be anything.

Who the fuck knows where the Packers are at on offense? Opening day has become preseason for the starters across the NFL.

I really don't think this game will be a good predictor for the season. But it will be fun.

thank you for your attention.

BZnDallas
09-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Fuller and Mack I get. But Robinson?

I was curious about that too, but somewhere back in my darkest of memories I can barely remember some Allen Robinson interest by GB and then Chi came swooping in making him a solid offer.... Can I get that corroborated?

George Cumby
09-05-2018, 06:15 PM

Mack looks thrilled to be a Bear.

QBME
09-05-2018, 06:49 PM
This is one of the more intriguing openers ever. I have zero idea how good the Bears will be. Mack could be anything this Sunday. Won't be surprised if he is rusty or a beast. Bulaga could be anything.

Who the fuck knows where the Packers are at on offense? Opening day has become preseason for the starters across the NFL.

I really don't think this game will be a good predictor for the season. But it will be fun.

thank you for your attention.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2py81sn.jpg

wist43
09-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Could be a low scoring game... expect it to be close throughout.

20-16 Pack.

wthigoot
09-05-2018, 11:13 PM

A Mike Whale (Wahle) joke?

Anti-Polar Bear
09-06-2018, 12:54 AM

What’s so funny ‘bout this meme? No, unlike my archenemy, the Kentucky, I did not lose my sense of humor in the War for Southern Independence. I just don’t sense any humor when the German Shepherd just spent 100 million bucks on a single player, not that I’m against the move.

Kiddos to Gut for trying to aquire Mack and Fuller instead of simply hibernating in a closet. But damn, Mack and Fuller in the Green and Gold would be like Coldplay teaming up with Snow Patrol: simply awesome.

Zool
09-06-2018, 07:46 AM
What’s so funny ‘bout this meme? No, unlike my archenemy, the Kentucky, I did not lose my sense of humor in the War for Southern Independence. I just don’t sense any humor when the German Shepherd just spent 100 million bucks on a single player, not that I’m against the move.

Kiddos to Gut for trying to aquire Mack and Fuller instead of simply hibernating in a closet. But damn, Mack and Fuller in the Green and Gold would be like Coldplay teaming up with Snow Patrol: simply awesome.

Dumb again

woodbuck27
09-06-2018, 09:43 AM
This game is intriguing and some experts are calling an upset.

bobblehead
09-06-2018, 12:27 PM

I agree. He needs to focus on football, not getting laid.

bobblehead
09-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Could be a low scoring game... expect it to be close throughout.

20-16 Pack.

I already got a nickel on under 47.5

bobblehead
09-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Dumb again

This would imply a period of "not dumb" so therefore you are mistaken.

Zool
09-06-2018, 11:19 PM
This would imply a period of "not dumb" so therefore you are mistaken.

Excuse me. I should have put still dumb.

pbmax
09-07-2018, 09:26 AM
Field Yates @FieldYates

A total of four teams put in a waiver claim on DE Anthony Zettel, per source: the Browns, Packers, Chargers and Vikings. Cleveland had top waiver wire priority.

pbmax
09-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Rob Demovsky
Clay Matthews, Nick Perry assess the Packers depth at OLB. Said Matthews: “With what Reggie’s been able to do and Kyler knowing the system as well …” Said Perry: “Gilbert stepped up and Kyler's there …” So the best thing they can say about Kyler Fackrell is that he knows the defense and he’s “there.”

That's AJ Hawk level of praise right there.

pbmax
09-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Here is a preview of the pass blocking you may see Sunday night.

https://twitter.com/All22Talk/status/1036089673930629120

gbgary
09-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Rob Demovsky
Clay Matthews, Nick Perry assess the Packers depth at OLB. Said Matthews: “With what Reggie’s been able to do and Kyler knowing the system as well …” Said Perry: “Gilbert stepped up and Kyler's there …” So the best thing they can say about Kyler Fackrell is that he knows the defense and he’s “there.”

i saw that. KF should be hanging his head.

bobblehead
09-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Rob Demovsky

Yep. As I read it that is exactly what I was thinking.

Guiness
09-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Field Yates @FieldYates

A total of four teams put in a waiver claim on DE Anthony Zettel, per source: the Browns, Packers, Chargers and Vikings. Cleveland had top waiver wire priority.

Can someone explain how the waiver system works? I saw somewhere that the Browns have top priority for 4 weeks, and they can 'squat' on players. Is it set for those weeks or can it change?

Freak Out
09-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Here is a preview of the pass blocking you may see Sunday night.

https://twitter.com/All22Talk/status/1036089673930629120

Rich Rod!

pbmax
09-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Rich Rod!

That clip alone belies a lot of praise of Mack. Dick Rod was large but not the most effective blocker.

pbmax
09-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Can someone explain how the waiver system works? I saw somewhere that the Browns have top priority for 4 weeks, and they can 'squat' on players. Is it set for those weeks or can it change?

No idea about squatting, but 4 weeks might be carryover from last year's records before the new season records take over in determining waiver priority.

Joemailman
09-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Josh Jones out. Burks questionable. If Burks is out, do they really have a dime linebacker?

wist43
09-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Josh Jones out. Burks questionable. If Burks is out, do they really have a dime linebacker?

The question is, "with Burks in, do they have dime LB"??

Our defense is a shit sandwich... good DL and DB, shit in between.

pbmax
09-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Packer Report @PackerReport
With Oren Burks questionable and Josh Jones out, Korey Toomer and Antonio Morrison - recent adds to roster - could get a lot of snaps. Talked to Toomer and others today:

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Oren-Burks-questionable-Korey-Toomer-Antonio-Morrison-could-start-121547009/

pbmax
09-08-2018, 10:14 PM
From Michael Cohen, not the lawyer.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmhHFXVU4AA69Xv.jpg:large