PDA

View Full Version : The Official Packers-Bears GameDay Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

pbmax
09-09-2018, 11:50 PM
Congrats to APB for a winning Game Day Thread. I hope he knows he's required to continue as long as the Packers win.

It'll be a race to see if Mad bans him or he forgets to post it first.

Bretsky
09-09-2018, 11:52 PM
He is seriously going to KGB his way out of starting. Maybe its time to re-sign Cullen Jenkins finally.

YOU HAVE FINALLY COME AROUND

FOOTBALL GODS...……..FREE THE CURSE

we finally have another chance

Pugger
09-10-2018, 12:09 AM
I think you could argue it wasn't two full steps, but then he hit him in the helmet with his arm. You aren't getting away with both.

The other ones were bizarre.

I appeared to me Clay was trying to let up after the QB threw the ball and his arm brushed Trubisky's head and that's gonna be called every time. Thank God Perry got that sack later on!!

Pugger
09-10-2018, 12:11 AM
The second half offense was much better. More quick hitters and a continuation of the crossing routes.

Why the hell we didn't start doing that right away with that pass rush of the Bears' is a major mystery frankly. :???:

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2018, 03:16 AM
It was an impressive amount of complaining. One of our best efforts. My favorite part was Harlan (I think Harlan) even complaining about the FG to finally get on the board.

I am not even sure 1/3 of those that left came back.

Ahh, it is easy to be smug in hindsight, especially after events played out in extremely unlikely ways. When the Packers kicked that FG, nobody could predict that the Packers would overwhelm the Bears with net scoring through rest of game. Taking risk for TD was the smarter odds at the time.

We witnessed a near miracle. The chance of Rodgers engineering that comeback were remote - 1 in 500 maybe?
The chances of Rodgers getting injured worse were higher. But it all worked.

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2018, 03:20 AM
Why the hell we didn't start doing that right away with that pass rush of the Bears' is a major mystery frankly. :???:

Could it be that Bears softened coverage when they got ahead, opening up quick hitters? It seems like every team does the old prevent to some degree.

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2018, 03:32 AM
That was the largest comeback in Packer history. Done by a QB who couldn't put weight on his forward leg. Against a tough D that had been winning the line of scrimmage.

It didn't happen. That is only explanation.

smuggler
09-10-2018, 06:06 AM
Didn't stop watching. Stopped posting, though.

oldbutnotdeadyet
09-10-2018, 06:30 AM
Awesome game to start the year. I hope we don't have to come back like that again this year, or ever.

pbmax
09-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Ahh, it is easy to be smug in hindsight, especially after events played out in extremely unlikely ways. When the Packers kicked that FG, nobody could predict that the Packers would overwhelm the Bears with net scoring through rest of game. Taking risk for TD was the smarter odds at the time.

We witnessed a near miracle. The chance of Rodgers engineering that comeback were remote - 1 in 500 maybe?
The chances of Rodgers getting injured worse were higher. But it all worked.

Not being smug. I had the same worry, though I was more glad to have driven the ball and gotten points than disturbed it was a FG. Also just happy to see Rodgers keep playing.

Was that the drive Rodgers was gesturing to the sideline? Because some thought he wanted to go for it, I thought he wanted to challenge for 12 men on the field.

pbmax
09-10-2018, 07:16 AM

I think that has a lot to do with the QB. He likes playing touchdown to check down too. Its not just his coach.

George Cumby
09-10-2018, 07:38 AM
You wouldn't think HR would allow a glory hole in the medical tent.

They would at OSU.

mraynrand
09-10-2018, 07:55 AM
They would at OSU.

"I'm Sorry. I'm Sorry. I'm Sorry."

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/08/23/21/wire-4050898-1535057680-321_634x446.jpg

"Did I mention I'm Sorry?"

Anti-Polar Bear
09-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Congrats to APB for a winning Game Day Thread. I hope he knows he's required to continue as long as the Packers win.

Yes, this win is the the 1st of 19 str8t. It's good to have immunity. Been meaning to post Ted is Trapped in the Closet #169.

gbgary
09-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Of the three roughing penalties, the one against Clay was actually legit.

they all were as the rules are written. they need another rules lecture. Clay needs a big, team imposed, fine. lol

red
09-10-2018, 06:49 PM
they all were as the rules are written. they need another rules lecture. Clay needs a big, team imposed, fine. lol

the only thing he did all game, and it almost cost us the game

red
09-10-2018, 07:01 PM
stafford with 2 picks already

Bretsky
09-10-2018, 07:47 PM
stafford with 2 picks already

Stafford looks horribly LOST in that offense.

He looks terrible

pbmax
09-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Stafford looks horribly LOST in that offense.

He looks terrible

And they kept the Cooter.

pbmax
09-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Brian Griese (I think he is doing the Jets-Lions) just said he knew Darnold would succeed because of how he was raised. He met his family on the field before the game.

So far the dumbest thing I have heard this year. About football. And human development.

mraynrand
09-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Brian Griese (I think he is doing the Jets-Lions) just said he knew Darnold would succeed because of how he was raised. He met his family on the field before the game.

So far the dumbest thing I have heard this year. About football. And human development.

You certainly didn't expect more, did you? Griese has to be one of the most forgettable 'color' guys their is. I'd take Ron Pitts over him in a heartbeat.

Fritz
09-11-2018, 05:24 AM

Does that mean Chris Collingsworth knows that Deshone Kizer will be an All-Pro because Collingsworth's kids roomed with Kizer at Notre Dame?

mraynrand
09-11-2018, 07:32 AM
Does that mean Chris Collingsworth knows that Deshone Kizer will be an All-Pro because Collingsworth's kids roomed with Kizer at Notre Dame?

Actually Jac Collinsworth said that during finals week, Kizer would drop his food tray in the dining hall, drink instead of studying, lose his room key, you know, generally crack under pressure...

pbmax
09-11-2018, 08:34 AM
You certainly didn't expect more, did you? Griese has to be one of the most forgettable 'color' guys their is. I'd take Ron Pitts over him in a heartbeat.

I know he's been doing TV but frankly don't remember much about him in the booth. Does he do much more college?

More worrying is that the ESPN main group had Jason Witten in the booth and Booger McFarland on the field like Tony Siragusa. Witten was smooth pablum a notch or two above Griese. McFarland was nothin special for an analyst, but at least he was funny. So it was a nice break from Gruden but had even less content.

pbmax
09-11-2018, 08:35 AM
Actually Jac Collinsworth said that during finals week, Kizer would drop his food tray in the dining hall, drink instead of studying, lose his room key, you know, generally crack under pressure...

So DeShone is on the left?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNFMPhKIZXg

mraynrand
09-11-2018, 08:43 AM
I know he's been doing TV but frankly don't remember much about him in the booth. Does he do much more college?

More worrying is that the ESPN main group had Jason Witten in the booth and Booger McFarland on the field like Tony Siragusa. Witten was smooth pablum a notch or two above Griese. McFarland was nothin special for an analyst, but at least he was funny. So it was a nice break from Gruden but had even less content.

Witten's voice sounds almost exactly like Romo's. It was a bit freaky.

Griese (and the manly-voiced lady) do a lot of college games (I assume they must - I hardly watch college, but anytime I do, it seems they are announcing. Maybe they give them the shitty Big Ten games I care about - like Minnesota and Northwestern, lol). She's totally competent, but I can't stand her voice. Griese is less satisfying than a mayonnaise sandwich.

wist43
09-12-2018, 08:06 PM
ESPN is literally unwatchable... unlistenable.

Middle age dykes broadcasting games?? No thanks...

The NFL is going down the same PC path that led NASCAR to ruin. I no longer watch NASCAR at all, when time was I rarely missed watching a race.

Catering to millenials and the alphabet soup of freaks, i.e the LGBTXYZABCIMRETARDEDFUCKASSES will eventually drive their core fans away.

Teamcheez1
09-12-2018, 08:15 PM
ESPN is literally unwatchable... unlistenable.

Middle age dykes broadcasting games?? No thanks...

The NFL is going down the same PC path that led NASCAR to ruin. I no longer watch NASCAR at all, when time was I rarely missed watching a race.

Catering to millenials and the alphabet soup of freaks, i.e the LGBTXYZABCIMRETARDEDFUCKASSES will eventually drive their core fans away.

I think you need a Snickers bar.

Cheesehead Craig
09-12-2018, 08:35 PM

Lol!

Zool
09-12-2018, 09:08 PM

Who are the Chefs?