PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD AROD PLAY ?

Bretsky
09-15-2018, 07:35 AM
What say you rats ?

Clearly AROD is not near 100%

Clearly AROD wants to play

IF AROD plays maybe we win but maybe he hurts if further, or much worse....and that is BAD

IF AROD does not play I don't think even the greatest homes thinks we win with Kizer at QB

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2018, 07:57 AM
Play. The GAB can take the day off against the Bills in a couple of weeks.

mraynrand
09-15-2018, 08:13 AM
Since I have no idea what is actually wrong with him, I can't say. But it's as important a game as you can get, so he should play if possible. He's be the best guy on the field, barr none.

red
09-15-2018, 09:20 AM
yeah, we have zero clue as to whats wrong with him, so its almost impossible to say

can he injure it further? no clue

is he gonna wear some kind of brace to protect the knee to further injury? no clue

can whatever injury he has heal on its own, or does he eventually need to have surgery? we have no clue

George Cumby
09-15-2018, 09:40 AM
Play him.

I see what you did there Rand.

Gotarace
09-15-2018, 09:48 AM
Coming from the Favre (Greatest Packer QB Ever) Era is there even a reason to ask this question? Tough to be the GOAT if you don't play.

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2018, 10:51 AM
WHY would anybody even remotely suggest not playing him if he is able to play? Sheeeeeesh!

mraynrand
09-15-2018, 12:30 PM
WHY would anybody even remotely suggest not playing him if he is able to play? Sheeeeeesh!

No one is doing that Señor Strawman. What people don't know is whether he is able to play, at what "%" he is able to perform, and if that percent is low enough, is he at more significant risk of further injury.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2018, 12:49 PM

The Art of War.

Tank a battle to win the war. In some other universe, Sherman losses 90% of his army as he burns down the lost city of Atlanta. Without adequate reinforcement, the drunken Grant surrenders to Lee. The South wins the War for Southern Independence.

Actually, I'm not sure the Art of War describes such and such. But the logic behind holding out the GAB is somewhat similar. Tank the game to win the Super Bowl.

mraynrand
09-15-2018, 01:10 PM
The Art of War.

Tank a battle to win the war.

It all depends on how hurt he actually is. Harlan has insider info that he's 70%. Enough to bet heavily in Vegas apparently. :)

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Rodgers demonstrated the second half last week that he is capable of playing and playing well. After a week of rest, he's not gonna be any worse or any more likely to worsen the injury.

It is mere fan silliness that the Packers should basically throw the game - which is what sitting Rodgers would be - when it isn't absolutely necessary.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2018, 01:41 PM
I voted no guts, so I get no glory.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2018, 01:42 PM
It is mere fan silliness that the Packers should basically throw the game - which is what sitting Rodgers would be - when it isn't absolutely necessary.

Ya, that's about the size of it. If it were a non-conference game, maybe sit him and heal up.

hoosier
09-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Sit him in the first half, then bring him in at start of second half with a rousing rendition of the William Tell Overture.

mraynrand
09-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Sit him in the first half, then bring him in at start of second half with a rousing rendition of the William Tell Overture.

Good Idea, but we can do better than that. Play "You gotta fight for your right to party" or Queen "Headlong" (OK, I like it but no one would get it)

Other suggestions?

pbmax
09-15-2018, 03:41 PM
Since I have no idea what is actually wrong with him, I can't say. But it's as important a game as you can get, so he should play if possible. He's be the best guy on the field, barr none.

:tup:

Zool
09-15-2018, 03:43 PM
Division game, at home, against the other team with a chance at the division title. Gotta play.

pbmax
09-15-2018, 03:45 PM
Good Idea, but we can do better than that. Play "You gotta fight for your right to party" or Queen "Headlong" (OK, I like it but no one would get it)

Other suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8OtzJtp-EM

red
09-15-2018, 05:06 PM
i don't really care what % he is at. if he's at 50% he's the best QB in the game

i'm worried about the risk of further injury

is there a chance we lose him for the season if he plays this week?

if we sit him for a couple weeks would he be 100% and ready to make a long run? or at least healthy enough to where there is no chance of losing him for the season after he comes back

if there is no further risk of injuring whatever he has going on, and its just a pain/mobility issue, then play him

Tony Oday
09-15-2018, 05:07 PM
Sit him. We will not win this game.

red
09-15-2018, 05:11 PM
has anyone mentioned yet that he actually practiced today?

Pugger
09-16-2018, 08:29 AM
Sit him. We will not win this game.

So it isn't worth it to even TRY??

If the team had this attitude we might as well forfeit. Some here think the Vikes are this overwhelming powerhouse who will blow us out of the stadium. They are a talented bunch but ya never know unless you play the damn game. The only reason you'd sit Rodgers is if playing him would make his injury worse and we'd lose him for several weeks. But of course a serious injury can happen any time a player dons a helmet and goes out there even if his knee is 100%.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2018, 10:11 AM
It's not that the Vikings are an "overwhelming powerhouse". It's that the Packers minus Aaron Rodgers are so mediocre that just about any crap team - the Bears for example, or Cleveland last year - look like a powerhouse in comparison - Thanks again, Ted.

With Aaron Rodgers, even a "70%" Aaron Rodgers, I don't see the Packers losing to anybody, and I see a strong chance for a win today.

hoosier
09-16-2018, 10:15 AM
Latesr report is that he will play today
And no knee sprain: it's a "compression injury" which I assume means nerve damage plus maybe bone bruise. Must hurt like the MF.

Bretsky
09-16-2018, 10:16 AM
And no knee sprain: it's a "compression injury" which I assume means nerve damage plus maybe bone bruise. Must hurt like the MF.

Now that he's buddied with Favre again, maybe BF sent him some of his stash that will make it all feel better for a half day..lol

red
09-16-2018, 10:24 AM
Per ESPN.com's Adam Schefter, Rodgers intends to play through what one source called a "pretty unusual injury that would keep most people out awhile."

Schefter added the injury is described as a "compression injury from blunt force while bent" that could take up to a couple of months to completely heal.

"He shouldn't have played last week and shouldn't play now, but he likely will," one source told Schefter. "There will certainly be a short leash, like there was last week, but we saw what happened."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795828-schefter-aaron-rodgers-expected-to-play-vs-vikings-with-unusual-knee-injury

i take that as we are one bad plant, twist or fall away from our season being over. on the other side, if he doesn't play for 2 months, our season IS over

enjoy it while it last folks

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2018, 10:35 AM
It sounds kinda like a cement block falling on your leg while you're sitting watching the game. It's basically a super-size bruise. As has been suggested here, pain can be minimized and dealt with, and this doesn't sound like something that will automatically get worse from use. That's better than a sprain - which is basically ligament damage - and could get worse from use.

red
09-16-2018, 10:42 AM
unless theres a break or small fracture, which can get worse

pbmax
09-16-2018, 10:56 AM

So that seems to suggest that he was hurt after he fell down.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Wasn't that obvious from the video? A three hundred pounder or two falling on him, maybe elbow first or whatever.

Hey, isn't that what that new rule makes a penalty?

If there was any fracture, the world would know, he'd be out, and we'd all be crying in our beer.

Rastak
09-16-2018, 11:15 AM
So that seems to suggest that he was hurt after he fell down.

I heard some chatter that it's essentially like what Sam Bradford had last year.

pbmax
09-16-2018, 11:34 AM
Wasn't that obvious from the video? A three hundred pounder or two falling on him, maybe elbow first or whatever.

Hey, isn't that what that new rule makes a penalty?

If there was any fracture, the world would know, he'd be out, and we'd all be crying in our beer.

That is what I thought at first. But on replay, he went down awkwardly and I thought maybe something popped as he was bouncing in the pocket or preparing to step away from pressure. Cause he looked really awkward going down and the hit while he was down was not the worst I have seen.

Fosco33
09-16-2018, 11:36 AM
I know he’s playing. But I’d have sat him til he was mobile enough to run for a 1st down and rollout, and escape hits. Long term season risk vs 1 important game...

Rastak
09-16-2018, 11:37 AM
That is what I thought at first. But on replay, he went down awkwardly and I thought maybe something popped as he was bouncing in the pocket or preparing to step away from pressure. Cause he looked really awkward going down and the hit while he was down was not the worst I have seen.

That sure looks like a brace for ligament damage and not bone bruise.