PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bucs for real?

Guiness
09-17-2018, 01:52 PM
Are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for real? Is this lightning in a bottle, '99 Rams style or an early season flash in the pan? They've certainly starting the season with a bang - knocking off the Saints (who were highly ranked) handily, and now beating the defending SB Champs.

I don't see this going on much longer. I haven't watched the games, but boxscores don't make them look good. Not much of a running game, and defense doesn't seem to be playing great, allowing 61 points in 2 games, and not getting a sack against NO despite the fact they were pretty much exclusively passing. Aside from Fitzpatrick's play, they've got two threats at WR, is there anything else there?

Fritz
09-17-2018, 01:55 PM
All I know is that in the after-game presser, Ryan Fitzpatrick was dressed like an actual pirate.

mraynrand
09-17-2018, 02:02 PM
All I know is that in the after-game presser, Ryan Fitzpatrick was dressed like an actual pirate.

More like a vibranium dealer (I stole this joke).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/mediaviewer/rm47197184?ft0=name&fv0=nm0785227&ft1=image_type&fv1=still_frame

pbmax
09-17-2018, 02:35 PM
I think he won a bet with Desean Jackson.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2018/09/ryan-fitzpatrick-wore-desean-jackson-outfit-post-game-chest-hair

Guiness
09-17-2018, 04:34 PM
I think he won a bet with Desean Jackson.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2018/09/ryan-fitzpatrick-wore-desean-jackson-outfit-post-game-chest-hair

DeSean showing up shirtless was the cherry on top of that presser!

Guiness
09-17-2018, 08:51 PM
I'm detecting about 0 respect for them

pbmax
09-17-2018, 10:42 PM
Answer to the question is no. Fitz just had two of his three best games of his career. That isn't going to continue.

Guiness
09-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Answer to the question is no. Fitz just had two of his three best games of his career. That isn't going to continue.

epic chest hair tho'

Tony Oday
09-18-2018, 10:16 PM

Heard that about Foles too

pbmax
09-19-2018, 07:57 AM
Heard that about Foles too

Yeah but ...

Foles is currently 54 of 82 for 451 yards and 1 TD, 1 Int, 5.5 ypa and 78.9 rating. So while predictions of his demise were premature and wrong last year, he's neither a tire fire nor a Top 10 QB. Teams caught on to him last year but the team (him included) caught a huge tailwind in the playoffs.

There is no debate about Foles losing his job to Wentz when he is healthy, even with a Super Bowl under his belt. Fitzpatrick is lighting the world on fire and experience says that isn't going to last and he will be back to a turnover prone, average replacement starter soon. But he is playing so well that people can't believe Winston gets his job back.

Cheesehead Craig
09-19-2018, 08:09 AM
If Ryan keeps winning, he's staying in. The big issue is that as good as the offense has been, they are hemorrhaging points on defense. If they can't keep this pace up, it doesn't look like the defense can help them out.

Winston isn't all that great either. He's been mostly an average QB and his leadership skills aren't anything to write home about. I mean... ish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L2p9fldkZ0

pbmax
09-24-2018, 09:26 PM
No.

Rutnstrut
09-24-2018, 10:04 PM
No.

Meh, one bad game against a decent team does not mean they aren't for real. They have still put up better offensive numbers than the Packers. Fitz had a few bad plays tonight, but he also nearly brought them back. Hell yeah they are for real.

pbmax
09-25-2018, 07:10 AM
Meh, one bad game against a decent team does not mean they aren't for real. They have still put up better offensive numbers than the Packers. Fitz had a few bad plays tonight, but he also nearly brought them back. Hell yeah they are for real.

I like a lot about what they are doing. I just posted some positive mentions of the OC Monken.

But they aren't a 40 point per week juggernaut and the offensive hot streak won't continue. They will struggle to make the playoffs.

Rutnstrut
09-25-2018, 04:51 PM
I like a lot about what they are doing. I just posted some positive mentions of the OC Monken.

But they aren't a 40 point per week juggernaut and the offensive hot streak won't continue. They will struggle to make the playoffs.

For sure they have problems. Just imagine what they could do with even a mediocre defense.