PDA

View Full Version : The Duke of Earl

Anti-Polar Bear
09-21-2018, 03:08 AM
Dougherty has just jotted down an argument in favor of trading for Earl Thomas. I concur affirmatively and affinitively.

Brice’s a missle, albeit an injury-prone missle, but with the pussifacations now abound, he’s been sterilized. Dix is the AJ Hawk of safeties: average at best, never gets injured cos he’s always avoiding gang tackles.

Make the Packer D great again. Dress up Earl T in the Green and Gold.

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2018, 01:56 PM
He's big enough to play linebacker.

mraynrand
09-21-2018, 02:21 PM
No way will they do this with Jones and Burks coming off the injury list.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-21-2018, 02:48 PM
He's big enough to play linebacker.

Yes, but he’s not fast enough to play free safety. And he’s always avoiding gang bangs. We’re talking bout Dix, right?

Anti-Polar Bear
09-21-2018, 02:54 PM
No way will they do this with Jones and Burks coming off the injury list.

The Pack’s safeties suck. I was once on the Brice bandwagon, but I jumped off 4 scores and 7 yards ago. Jones is a Rouse clone. In Brice and Dix, it’s Jennings and Peprah all over again.

Eric Reid is another option.

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2018, 03:13 PM
I was talking about the Duke, but I didn't have the decency to check how big he really is first.

I had him confused with Kam Chancellor, recently retired.

hoosier
09-21-2018, 03:17 PM
How did HHCD go from being a pro bowl safety in his second year to being a no-tackle, out of position chump in his fourth year? I don't have the answer for that, but we might need to wait more than three games into the new DC's career before deciding that the position players are inadequate.

Dougherty thinks Pack should be willing to part with a first-rounder for Thomas. If Thomas were missing piece to the puzzle, absolutely, pay the price. I'm not convinced that is the case, though. There are other question marks and likely deficiencies with this defense, and we haven't yet seen enough from the new additions to feel confident they can make up for what is obviously lacking. Doesn't make sense to trade a D1 for a 30-year old player when chances are you are going to need to find one, maybe two dynamic players on defense in next spring's draft.

pbmax
09-21-2018, 03:48 PM
Jus sign Eric Reid for Pete's sake.

red
09-21-2018, 04:41 PM
as i've said before. our season could end any day now. i seriously doubt we get a whole season out of a-rod. his injury is NOT healing, and he's just playing on it until it gives out

we're on borrowed time right now. don't start trying to load up for this season if its just gonna turn out like last year

mraynrand
09-21-2018, 05:34 PM
as i've said before. our season could end any day now. i seriously doubt we get a whole season out of a-rod. his injury is NOT healing

That's frightening. If he's not healing, there must be something much more seriously wrong with him. Cancer? Haemophilia? Anemia? Maybe the team can check his iron and zinc levels. I still have hope.

Joemailman
09-21-2018, 06:32 PM
That's frightening. If he's not healing, there must be something much more seriously wrong with him. Cancer? Haemophilia? Anemia? Maybe the team can check his iron and zinc levels. I still have hope.
I think it's because he gave up dairy

hoosier
09-21-2018, 07:33 PM

I will tell you what ails him: time.

mraynrand
09-21-2018, 07:47 PM
I think it's because he gave up dairy

GET SOME GOVERNMENT CHEESE IN THERE, STAT!!!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ff/ac/56/ffac560182745639ae344bb2ceaaeeb5--chris-farley-snl-skits.jpg

Anti-Polar Bear
09-22-2018, 02:59 AM
How did HHCD go from being a pro bowl safety in his second year to being a no-tackle, out of position chump in his fourth year? I don't have the answer for that, but we might need to wait more than three games into the new DC's career before deciding that the position players are inadequate.

Dougherty thinks Pack should be willing to part with a first-rounder for Thomas. If Thomas were missing piece to the puzzle, absolutely, pay the price. I'm not convinced that is the case, though. There are other question marks and likely deficiencies with this defense, and we haven't yet seen enough from the new additions to feel confident they can make up for what is obviously lacking. Doesn't make sense to trade a D1 for a 30-year old player when chances are you are going to need to find one, maybe two dynamic players on defense in next spring's draft.

Dix was never a stallion safety to begin with. His Larry Brown picks got him a spot on the Pro Bowl squad. Now that QBs have ceased throwing rocks right at him, Dix is getting exposed more than ever.

The Duke of Earl probably has 3-4 sensational seasons left. Pack’s pass rush from the OLBers has been abominable. Earl T would allow Pettine to run a bunch of exotic, and even some erotic, blitzes.

Dix, a 2 and a 6 for the Duke.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-22-2018, 12:15 PM
as i've said before. our season could end any day now. i seriously doubt we get a whole season out of a-rod. his injury is NOT healing, and he's just playing on it until it gives out

we're on borrowed time right now. don't start trying to load up for this season if its just gonna turn out like last year

After the Packers win trm, let A-Rod take the following week off in its entirety, including the Bills game. Problem solved. Knee healed.

Kizer can beat the Bills at Lambeau. Whoever Mr. Hyde is covering, Kizer can exploit for profit easily.

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2018, 12:52 PM

possibility of re-injury is high. But possibility of steady healing is higher. I mean, if it was a tear in either ligaments or cartilage that was likely to get worse, they'd be wildly stupid to not do the surgery. You don't fuck with the golden goose.

Maybe you are being super-pessimistic to drive away evil spirits. I approve. Keep doing you.

George Cumby
09-22-2018, 03:03 PM
Jus sign Eric Reid for Pete's sake.

LeRoy Butlers available.

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2018, 03:10 PM
LeRoy Butlers available.

Leroy looks trimmed-down on his internet show. I think he's good to go.

red
09-22-2018, 04:05 PM
possibility of re-injury is high. But possibility of steady healing is higher. I mean, if it was a tear in either ligaments or cartilage that was likely to get worse, they'd be wildly stupid to not do the surgery. You don't fuck with the golden goose.

Maybe you are being super-pessimistic to drive away evil spirits. I approve. Keep doing you.

heres the story where he takes about how the knee could get worse

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/19/aaron-rodgers-has-concern-his-knee-will-get-worse/

and i'mstill looking for where i saw that it wasn't healing. i could swear i read that and didn't dream it, but i haven't found it again yet

edit

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/20/aaron-rodgers-not-practicing-today/

heres where they mention that it isn't getting better. might all be guess work though, seeing how the packers treat injuries like top secret government info about aliens

red
09-22-2018, 04:11 PM
LeRoy Butlers available.

butler = 50 and retired

reid = 26 available and in his prime

pbmax
09-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Could get worse is a projection of what might happen. Its not even a prediction. The Doctors probably told him its not going to get worse unless you injure it again. Since injury is always a possibility, in this case the additional risk is simply re-injuring an already injured body part, which might cause a worse outcome.

The not getting better part is poorly reasoned reportorial conjecture. If we had taken a poll last week about whether Rodgers practices more than once per week during the first four weeks of recovery, we mostly would have stated no chance. Let it rest and heal and take as little risk of re-injury as possible.

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2018, 05:49 PM
butler = 50 and retired

reid = 26 available and in his prime

age is only a number, whipper snapper

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2018, 05:50 PM
poorly reasoned reportorial conjecture

fucking William F. Buckley

Bretsky
09-22-2018, 06:20 PM
For the love of God sign Eric Reid

If we are going to give up a 1st for Thomas and pay him a lot of money

THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE TRADED FOR MACK

bobblehead
09-23-2018, 09:06 PM
For the love of God sign Eric Reid

If we are going to give up a 1st for Thomas and pay him a lot of money

THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE TRADED FOR MACK

Fuck Reid. Fuck kneeling. They sign him I turn off the set. yea, yea, I know, thats both our rights. They are protesting a problem that doesn't exist. They are doing it on company time. If you can fine a guy for flipping off the crowd, you can fine him for not respecting the anthem.

Zool
09-24-2018, 01:21 AM
Does everyone who hates the kneeling stand during the anthem? Or do you stay sitting and complain about the singer going too long?

Anti-Polar Bear
09-24-2018, 03:26 AM
Fuck Reid. Fuck kneeling. They sign him I turn off the set. yea, yea, I know, thats both our rights. They are protesting a problem that doesn't exist. They are doing it on company time. If you can fine a guy for flipping off the crowd, you can fine him for not respecting the anthem.

You’re either ignorant or you have a brain the size of a bobblehead. Pig brutality and racism don’t exist?

NFL stadiums are all puplicly funded. Such stadiums are absolutely perfect for protesting social maladies.

Packers safeties suck. Reid or Thomas would be a titanic upgrade.

mraynrand
09-24-2018, 06:33 AM
Does everyone who hates the kneeling stand during the anthem? Or do you stay sitting and complain about the singer going too long?

This is a pretty stupid take. Agree or disagree, we know what the open, public protest by players is about, according to Kaepernick's (and other players') own words. It's pretty straightforward.

Pugger
09-24-2018, 09:01 AM

He needs rest to heal and we don't get a bye for another month. This is probably the one year where having the bye early would have been a blessing.

Zool
09-24-2018, 10:14 AM
This is a pretty stupid take. Agree or disagree, we know what the open, public protest by players is about, according to Kaepernick's (and other players') own words. It's pretty straightforward.

If it's disrespectful to not stand during the anthem, that means everyone. Can they go sit on the bench during the anthem?

mraynrand
09-24-2018, 10:20 AM
If it's disrespectful to not stand during the anthem, that means everyone. Can they go sit on the bench during the anthem?

Another stupid take. The point is - agree or not - the specific kneeling by players. No one cares about the fans in their homes or in the stands. If someone is deliberately protesting in the stands, there is no one - except perhaps locally in the stands - who gives a hoot. You know this. This 'point' that you are trying to make is weak.

Zool
09-24-2018, 10:26 AM
Another stupid take. The point is - agree or not - the specific kneeling by players. No one cares about the fans in their homes or in the stands. If someone is deliberately protesting in the stands, there is no one - except perhaps locally in the stands - who gives a hoot. You know this. This 'point' that you are trying to make is weak.

Well I bet you're fun at parties.

I don't care about the fans at home, or the players for that matter. The only people who still care are the ones with a stupid take.

mraynrand
09-24-2018, 10:56 AM
Well I bet you're fun at parties.

I'm considered a party-killer. People invite me to help get rid of unwanted in-laws. I give 30 minute diatribes in the origin of the term 'agnosticism' explain that high fructose corn syrup in sodas is a plot by big pharma, talk about the mechanism of death for the challenger astronauts, and do impressions of famous opera stars.

Joemailman
09-30-2018, 09:53 AM
Seattle wants a 2nd for Thomas. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24845233/seattle-seahawks-stuck-2nd-round-pick-trade-compensation-earl-thomas

Tony Oday
09-30-2018, 09:56 AM
Seattle wants a 2nd for Thomas. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24845233/seattle-seahawks-stuck-2nd-round-pick-trade-compensation-earl-thomas

For a second why the hell not?!

Tony Oday
09-30-2018, 10:11 AM
Wouldn't it be the goal of two firsts and a second to get an all world DE and an elite safety? How did we not get Mack?!

Fritz
09-30-2018, 10:29 AM
At this point, maybe they offer a fourth or third? Ha-Ha looks not to be a long-term answer, nor does Brice. Jones seems not to have progressed. So if you do nothing, then in the next draft you're probably starting all over at the safety position. So then you draft two guys in the first two rounds, a la Randall and Rollins in 2015, or Edwards, Vinson, and Mckenzie (third round for good measure!) in, I think, '99 or so.

Neither of those worked out too well. Unless you count the Vinson-for-Green trade. Which still did not fix the corner problem.

How old is Thomas, anyway?

red
09-30-2018, 10:37 AM
At this point, maybe they offer a fourth or third? Ha-Ha looks not to be a long-term answer, nor does Brice. Jones seems not to have progressed. So if you do nothing, then in the next draft you're probably starting all over at the safety position. So then you draft two guys in the first two rounds, a la Randall and Rollins in 2015, or Edwards, Vinson, and Mckenzie (third round for good measure!) in, I think, '99 or so.

Neither of those worked out too well. Unless you count the Vinson-for-Green trade. Which still did not fix the corner problem.

How old is Thomas, anyway?

So he’s really not a long term answere either. But maybe it’s time we stop thinking long term and instead take things one season at a time?

mraynrand
09-30-2018, 10:46 AM
I wouldn’t mind winning this year

Tony Oday
09-30-2018, 05:48 PM
Looks like he is down and the cart is coming out.

Joemailman
09-30-2018, 07:29 PM
Looks like he is down and the cart is coming out.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2018/09/30/earl-thomas-injury-middle-finger-seattle-seahawks/1482960002/

The three-time all-pro safety was carted off the field during Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals with what Seahawks coach Pete Carroll later revealed to be a lower leg fracture. As he was leaving, Thomas was shown on camera giving a middle finger toward the Seahawks' sideline.

mraynrand
09-30-2018, 07:53 PM
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/dJjwg2prVXCLip_2O8AOpw--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9MTI4MDtoPTk2MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/homerun/csnbayarea.com/bcdca42f590badb7e24a9dbb03d6d5a8

texaspackerbacker
09-30-2018, 08:37 PM
I didn't want the Packers to trade for him, but I didn't really want him playing against us either. I guess we don't need to worry about that now, not this year anyway.

denverYooper
09-30-2018, 08:40 PM
I wouldn’t mind winning this year

Yup.

NewsBruin
10-01-2018, 12:03 AM
I'd have supported trading for him, but not a 2nd-rounder just to be the broker for a new contract. Well, fans leaguewide will just have to wonder what might have been.

pbmax
10-01-2018, 07:04 AM
Did anyone see Josh Jones on the field yesterday?

mraynrand
10-01-2018, 07:15 AM

ST at least - #27 right?

pbmax
10-01-2018, 08:24 AM
ST at least - #27 right?

Yep.

Joemailman
10-01-2018, 08:46 AM

He had 0 defensive snaps. 15 ST snaps. Brice and HHCD played every snap.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Flipping the bird at one's own teammates is nothing new.

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/a-j-hawkfinger-e1319195416650.jpg?w=640

mraynrand
10-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Flipping the bird at one's own teammates is nothing new.

The crowd is another matter. Ask James Lofton....

Cheesehead Craig
10-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Earl might be done. Broke the same leg twice in the last 3 years, locker room problem, and he'll be 30 shortly. Not looking good for him.