PDA

View Full Version : The Official Week 4 Packers-Bills Discussion Thread

Anti-Polar Bear
09-26-2018, 08:57 AM
After last week's impressive victory over the Queens of Mephistopheles at the new Metrosexual Dome, the Bills are reeking confidence and arrogance.

My good friend Nutz has deserted Packerrats, so he ain't gonna be 'round to lecture us 'bout the virtues of Josh Allen. Nutz loved Allen at draft time. Even defended Allen after Allen's old tweets full of the N-Word surfaced. If Nutz were still 'round, he'd tell us that Allen has thus far looked like a second coming of Alex Smith.

Expect the Bills to run a tons of the dreaded RPO. Ain't matter who is coordinating the Packer D, the D lacks the kung foo fighters or the black panthers to annihilate the RPO, as well as the Read-Option, the Pistol Force, the Run and Shoot and the Triangle Offense.

Had the Packers not stunk up the joint in the District of Columbia last week, this game would be the perfect game to rest A-Rod's ailing left knee. Simply instruct Kizer to exploit Mr. Hyde for profits.

denverYooper
09-26-2018, 10:45 AM
Last time they played the Bills was on my birthday. It was a Sunday and I was supposed to be at work to launch an application that we'd been working round the clock on but I had the flu and went to the doc instead. When I got home, our water heater broke so I had to try to muddle through fixing that.

Add the stinker of a game on top of that morning. The only good part was that I only got to watch a quarter of that dropfest because of all the other things going on.

I expect this time will be a little better. It's Wednesday and I don't have a fever, so that's a good start.

mraynrand
09-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Packers home and away versus Bills have been dramatically different. I was at the mistake-fest in Buffalo in 2006. Pick 6 by Favre started off the 4 turn-over day. I have to admire the Bills fans though - burning pallets in the gravel parking lot, using a blender hooked up to a weedwacker to mix drinks, using aluminum bats to knock of side view mirrors of cars sporting rival teams stickers/logos, chanting against Habs fans in the john, puking in the stands and then ordering more beer. Good times in that neolithic stadium.

KYPack
09-26-2018, 12:56 PM
Buffalo is tied with Philly as the most dangerous place to watch a game. DON'T go there with opposition gear on. You are taking your life in your hands.

Tony Oday
09-26-2018, 01:38 PM
Its Buffalo, just jingle your keys in front of their eyes and they get mesmerized.

Tony Oday
09-26-2018, 01:44 PM
Double

deake
09-26-2018, 02:46 PM
Packers home and away versus Bills have been dramatically different. I was at the mistake-fest in Buffalo in 2006. Pick 6 by Favre started off the 4 turn-over day. I have to admire the Bills fans though - burning pallets in the gravel parking lot, using a blender hooked up to a weedwacker to mix drinks, using aluminum bats to knock of side view mirrors of cars sporting rival teams stickers/logos, chanting against Habs fans in the john, puking in the stands and then ordering more beer. Good times in that neolithic stadium.

Sounds like what I saw when I went to a Lions game in Michigan.

gbgary
09-26-2018, 02:49 PM
i expect another bad first half and a better second half leading to another nail biter...if they don't get blown out like min did.

Freak Out
09-26-2018, 03:39 PM
Ha ha...good times in Buffalo. I've been to a couple scary Packer road games but nothing takes the cake to European football stadiums in the 70s and 80s. My buds and I would take leave and see a match just to watch the fights. True fucking savages.

denverYooper
09-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Ha ha...good times in Buffalo. I've been to a couple scary Packer road games but nothing takes the cake to European football stadiums in the 70s and 80s. My buds and I would take leave and see a match just to watch the fights. True fucking savages.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/01/begbie_kelbourne_saintjpg-js295800762.jpg?strip=all&w=615&quality=100

pbmax
09-26-2018, 06:36 PM
^ Is that the guy from the Full Monty?

pbmax
09-26-2018, 06:37 PM
A blender being driven by a weedwacker is just a genius level efficiency move. What could the downside be?

On the other hand, I do not understand wanting to be thrown through a folding table.

mraynrand
09-26-2018, 07:16 PM
A blender being driven by a weedwacker is just a genius level efficiency move. What could the downside be?

I'm telling you the thing worked. Dude made me a margarita.

denverYooper
09-26-2018, 08:04 PM
^ Is that the guy from the Full Monty?

It is -- Robert Carlyle. Though the above character is Begbie in Trainspotting.

Joemailman
09-26-2018, 10:38 PM
Bills defense has been much better against the run than the pass. Teams averaging 3.3 YPC against Bills. Teams are completing 74% of their passes for 7 TD's and 1 INT for a passer rating of 108. Still, Packers need to run the ball, and Aaron Jones needs to get the ball a lot more.

Chance of rain in the afternoon.

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts with the call.

http://506sports.com/2018/04-CBS-E-V2.png

pbmax
09-27-2018, 07:59 AM
I'm telling you the thing worked. Dude made me a margarita.

Was it gas powered? Did they need to pull a starting cord to make it work?

Either way, marvelous. And maybe portable.

pbmax
09-27-2018, 08:00 AM
It is -- Robert Carlyle. Though the above character is Begbie in Trainspotting.

I have never made it through Transpotting in one sitting. Not sure why.

pbmax
09-27-2018, 08:02 AM
Bills defense has been much better against the run than the pass. Teams averaging 3.3 YPC against Bills. Teams are completing 74% of their passes for 7 TD's and 1 INT for a passer rating of 108. Still, Packers need to run the ball, and Aaron Jones needs to get the ball a lot more.

Chance of rain in the afternoon.

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts with the call.

http://506sports.com/2018/04-CBS-E-V2.png

I like Dan Fouts and I think he still gives good information. Professional TV has made him a star watcher, but it does that to everyone who survives.

pbmax
09-27-2018, 08:10 AM
Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The #Browns increased DT Brian Price’s practice squad salary from the minimum $7,600 a week to $37,058 a week after the #Cowboys and #Packers tried to poach him, per sources. Price played for both teams previously as well as the #Raiders.

He's the new Just a Lawrence Guy. A JALG.

mraynrand
09-27-2018, 09:07 AM
The #Browns increased DT Brian Price’s practice squad salary from the minimum $7,600 a week to $37,058 a week after the #Cowboys and #Packers tried to poach him, per sources. Price played for both teams previously as well as the #Raiders.

Wow, that's a high Price!

pbmax
09-27-2018, 10:21 AM
Richard Matthews is apparently available.

https://deadspin.com/rishard-matthews-asks-for-release-from-titans-after-the-1829355315

Teamcheez1
09-27-2018, 10:30 AM

The Packers or Raiders can still sign Price regardless of what his practice squad salary is. He doesn't get a choice. He would still be getting a pittance compared to 90% of the roster.

pbmax
09-27-2018, 12:31 PM
The Packers or Raiders can still sign Price regardless of what his practice squad salary is. He doesn't get a choice. He would still be getting a pittance compared to 90% of the roster.

Maybe I am missing the sarcasm, but he does have a choice. He could sign for the same amount of money elsewhere as long as its a promotion to the 53 man roster. Or, since the money might now be the same, he could choose to stay put.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Richard Matthews is apparently available.

https://deadspin.com/rishard-matthews-asks-for-release-from-titans-after-the-1829355315

Matthews seems like he has a colossal ego, but he's a working class hero through and through. Thumbs up to the dude for exploiting the Titans' fat fishmonger of an owner. Signed a 1 year $7.5 M deal in the offseason. Since he was on the Titans' roster in week 1, and he did not quit but was instead released, his entire base salary this season is earned.

Any working-class hero is worthy of donning the Green and Gold. :)

Tony Oday
09-27-2018, 02:59 PM
King in pass at practice and participated in all change of direction drills.

pbmax
09-27-2018, 03:15 PM
King in pass at practice and participated in all change of direction drills.

I love to watch him play. But he is going to need Bart Starr or Peyton Manning levels of stem cells and blood spinning from the shakiest clinics Mexico and Germany have to offer to stay healthy enough to make a different season long.

pbmax
09-27-2018, 09:51 PM
Sean McVay has a play that apparently Shanahan Jr uses too with a route concept called leak. That’s what Chris Brown called it anyway.

Cooper Kupp lined up in the slot or wing and blocked down. He then ran a cross to the opposite side. He then turns up the filed so it looks like a wheel route but instead of the sideline, it’s on a hash. Because other receivers cleared out the coverage first, Kupp was on a LB. it went for a TD.

Remember the last time McCarthy got a WR on a LB? It was probably 2011 before he went no huddle.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Sean McVay has a play that apparently Shanahan Jr uses too with a route concept called leak. ThatÂ’s what Chris Brown called it anyway.

Cooper Kupp lined up in the slot or wing and blocked down. He then ran a cross to the opposite side. He then turns up the filed so it looks like a wheel route but instead of the sideline, itÂ’s on a hash. Because other receivers cleared out the coverage first, Kupp was on a LB. it went for a TD.

Remember the last time McCarthy got a WR on a LB? It was probably 2011 before he went no huddle.

Run the Table was, what, 2016? Jordy lined up in the slot and burned Wagner (or maybe that other hotshot Gulls Lb) for 6.

Sorry, you’ve been Tanked.

pbmax
09-28-2018, 02:16 PM
Run the Table was, what, 2016? Jordy lined up in the slot and burned Wagner (or maybe that other hotshot Gulls Lb) for 6.

Sorry, you’ve been Tanked.

Was it single coverage? Because I doubt they left Wagner on a WR. But if so, let's see it again. LB is not going to cover Cobb (assuming Cobb sees the field this week).

Joemailman
09-28-2018, 11:55 PM
Cobb questionable with a hamstring. If he can't go, one of the rookies becomes the #3 WR. Or maybe Monty lines up there some. Damn Kumerow.

denverYooper
09-29-2018, 08:40 AM
Cobb questionable with a hamstring. If he can't go, one of the rookies becomes the #3 WR. Or maybe Monty lines up there some. Damn Kumerow.

I imagine it would be MVS. He's been seeing the field more than other rookies.

I'd like to see him out there a bit more. He's got some wheels.

Tony Oday
09-29-2018, 11:19 AM
Blow the top off the defense and have Jones get about 150 :)

Anti-Polar Bear
09-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Was it single coverage? Because I doubt they left Wagner on a WR. But if so, let's see it again. LB is not going to cover Cobb (assuming Cobb sees the field this week).

Looks like mano-am-mano to me. 2:07 mark. Need to watch vid at youtube; NFL is greed-fucked.

Note: I, too, would like to see McCarthy's head on a spike. Bring in J-Mac! Rodgers would throw for over 7000 yards in a season with J-Mac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DGCKMj7d1Y

Anti-Polar Bear
09-29-2018, 12:26 PM
I imagine it would be MVS. He's been seeing the field more than other rookies.

I'd like to see him out there a bit more. He's got some wheels.

Someone is gonna bump up the official MVS bandwagon thread after the game trm. MVS is already Janiseque as a "gunner." Don't be surprised to see MVS catch a couple of Hail Marys against Buffalo.

Joemailman
09-29-2018, 06:13 PM
Cobb did not practice today.

pbmax
09-29-2018, 06:48 PM
Tom Sikverstein
#Packers signed CB Tony Brown to the active roster from the practice squad, signed DL Deon Simon to the practice squad and placed DL Muhammad Wilkerson on injured reserve.

pbmax
09-29-2018, 06:52 PM
Bob McGinn
#Packers just elevated CB Tony Brown (6-0, 199) from the practice squad and placed DE Muhammad Wilkerson on IR. Brown, with 4.35 speed, might replace Davon House (IR) as the gunner on punts. Also, #Packers signed ex-#Jet NT Deon Simon (6-4, 332) to P-squad.

pbmax
09-30-2018, 10:51 AM
Someone start the GameDay thread!

I am on the road and can’t take the time now that I know McCoy is active.

From Spoon:
#Packers - #Bills inactives:

WR Randall Cobb
CB Kevin King
OG Justin McCray
CB Bashaud Breeland
QB Tim Boyle
RB Darius Jackson
OT Alex Light

OLB Nick Perry is active.

Fritz
09-30-2018, 10:55 AM
No Cobb, King, or McCray? Ouch.

ZachMN
09-30-2018, 06:45 PM
Sean McVay has a play that apparently Shanahan Jr uses too with a route concept called leak. That’s what Chris Brown called it anyway.

Cooper Kupp lined up in the slot or wing and blocked down. He then ran a cross to the opposite side. He then turns up the filed so it looks like a wheel route but instead of the sideline, it’s on a hash. Because other receivers cleared out the coverage first, Kupp was on a LB. it went for a TD.

If we are talking about that same play- the 'HITMAN' was down on the line either to blitz or play the run....once the receiver got behind Barr it was over as the main cheapshot artist-Sendejo was on the other side of the field.....