PDA

View Full Version : Our Old Secondary

jack's smirking revenge
09-10-2006, 05:29 AM
I just realized that Harris is 31 and Woodson is 30 (Manuel is 27...not bad, but getting up in years). We have a relatively old secondary. Couple that with the fact that our depth is pretty suspect, I am nervous about the future of our secondary. Do these facts worry anyone? I think we need to invest some high draft picks in this area next year.

tyler

the_idle_threat
09-10-2006, 06:20 AM
I guess this explains why they switched from Gatorade to Metamucil on the sideline ...

Bretsky
09-10-2006, 06:34 AM
I just realized that Harris is 31 and Woodson is 30 (Manuel is 27...not bad, but getting up in years). We have a relatively old secondary. Couple that with the fact that our depth is pretty suspect, I am nervous about the future of our secondary. Do these facts worry anyone? I think we need to invest some high draft picks in this area next year.

tyler

Jack,

We have so many worries at other position, secondary is the least of my concerns. Once again, we are so loaded in terms of cap space going forward if Teddy CHOOSES to pay a stud to come in here he certainly can.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 08:35 AM
We have the youngest team in the NFL. We needed the old farts at corner. He did bring in a couple backups who are younger. Imagine the screaming that would have ensued had he put in a couple of kids instead.

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 09:16 AM
I hope they are in the set for a few years. they have playmakers now that need to gel.

jack's smirking revenge
09-10-2006, 10:07 AM
We have the youngest team in the NFL. We needed the old farts at corner. He did bring in a couple backups who are younger. Imagine the screaming that would have ensued had he put in a couple of kids instead.

I guess I don't have faith in Jarrett Bush, Ahmad Carroll, and Will Blackmon as the future. Harris and Woodson probably only have 3 or 4 more good years.

I'm not questioning the existence of Harris and Woodson. They've proved that they're solid starters. I'm suggesting that they aren't the future at the position and am concerned about our depth.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
09-10-2006, 10:10 AM

tyler

Jack,

We have so many worries at other position, secondary is the least of my concerns. Once again, we are so loaded in terms of cap space going forward if Teddy CHOOSES to pay a stud to come in here he certainly can.

You're right, we have lots of concerns all over the place. I've agreed over and over again that we're a young team. Secondary isn't as high on the list as some other positions. But there's a difference between having depth at a position and having, as Wolf suggested, "NFL Europe players".

If Harris or Woodson get injured, I don't feel comfortable with the depth we have.

tyler

red
09-10-2006, 10:11 AM
at least harris and woodson are vets that have shown they can play in the pros, they don't just have "potential"

besides, we need their old age to average out all the other young guys on the team. if we didn't have them along with brett and hedo the average age of our team would be around 12

red
09-10-2006, 10:13 AM
blackmon is going to be a solib starting cb jack, i wouldn't worry about him as much as carroll and bush

blackmon might have been the best CB in the nation before he switched his senior year to WR to help his team. this was the steal of the draft to me, even more-so then hodge

jack's smirking revenge
09-10-2006, 10:14 AM
blackmon is going to be a solib starting cb jack, i wouldn't worry about him as much as carroll and bush

blackmon might have been the best CB in the nation before he switched his senior year to WR to help his team

Well, how about we see him actually take the field in an NFL game (not college) before we call him a "solid starting CB". To my knowledge, he's proved nothing to make any of us think that he'll be a future starter. Heck, I was convinced Hawkins was going to be a starter. Look how that turned out.

Hate to use that word "potential", but he's got tons of it. He just has to show us something. I'm looking forward to seeing him play though!

tyler