PDA

View Full Version : The Officially Official Green Bay Packers / Detroit Lions Game Day Thread and Stuff

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Rastak
10-07-2018, 03:26 PM
Brewers game starts in 15 minutes.

I disowned baseball in 1994 forever.......but I loved the sport and live in the past....

Maybe I'll go watch a replay with Marty Pattin starting and Dave May and Tommy Harper out in the field.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2018, 03:26 PM
5 possessions in the 2nd half.

3 tds, 1 FG, 1 missed FG.

Of course Lions were in the ole NFL prevent where they are trying to drain the clock, score just enough to stay ahead

SMBASS
10-07-2018, 03:28 PM
I actually like giving Mase the last second chance. He'll be okay. Just one of those days for him.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2018, 03:29 PM
I actually like giving Mase the last second chance. He'll be okay. Just one of those days for him.

I say string him up by his testis

ThunderDan
10-07-2018, 03:29 PM
We didn’t punt the whole game.

2 turnovers, 4 missed FG, 1 muffed punt (that Det touched first and should have been the Packers ball).

That is what killed the team.

mraynrand
10-07-2018, 03:30 PM
The only good thing about this game is that the Packers are the better team.

SMBASS
I disowned baseball in 1994 forever.......but I loved the sport and live in the past....

Maybe I'll go watch a replay with Marty Pattin starting and Dave May and Tommy Harper out in the field.

Me too Ras. I'm too lazy to look it up but was that the year they went on strike and cancelled the W.S.? I remember the year they did that was the 3rd time they went on strike and just like in the game I thought, "Three strikes and you're out!" I used to live and die with the Cardinals when I was a kid and the last few times they were in the W.S. I didn't even care enough to watch one pitch.

ThunderDan

I do too. The 56 yarder was stupid.

mraynrand
10-07-2018, 03:35 PM
I do too. The 56 yarder was stupid.

The third down call on that drive was even worse. You know you're in four down territory - make sure you get some yard to set up a better fourth down. And if you're really gonna kick it, make it shorter for chrissakes.

Rastak
10-07-2018, 03:37 PM
Me too Ras. I'm too lazy to look it up but was that the year they went on strike and cancelled the W.S.? I remember the year they did that was the 3rd time they went on strike and just like in the game I thought, "Three strikes and you're out!" I used to live and die with the Cardinals when I was a kid and the last few times they were in the W.S. I didn't even care enough to watch one pitch.

Fosco33
10-07-2018, 03:43 PM
Browns and packers have same record

SMBASS
10-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Browns and packers have same record

Big difference in the trajectory of the teams in my opinion.

Rutnstrut
10-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Big difference in the trajectory of the teams in my opinion.

Yup, Browns are getting better. The Pack, not so much.

SMBASS
10-07-2018, 05:23 PM
I don't necessarily thing the Pack is going down the tubes, but they've definitely been stale and stuck in neutral for too long. Time to shake things up. That 2014 team that screwed the pooch in the Seattle NFCCG was the last time I felt they had a chance to go to and possibly win the SB. They were fairly healthy that year and were playing pretty well. Rodgers playing on an injured leg was the main issue they were dealing with. (Hammy?)

Joemailman
10-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Aaron Rodgers: "I've got to play better in the first half. Second half we got into a groove. We've got to put a full game together one of these days."

Of his two lost fumbles on the strip sacks: "Just bad plays by me."

Bossman641
10-07-2018, 05:34 PM
5 possessions in the 2nd half.

3 tds, 1 FG, 1 missed FG.

I really don’t think Jones was the cure all.

Jones is there most talented rb by far and the offense is struggling big time inside the 25-30. He's probably our best weapon at breaking tackles or missing guys miss. Why he's not getting more red zone snaps is baffling.

Teamcheez1
10-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Aaron Rodgers: "I've got to play better in the first half. Second half we got into a groove. We've got to put a full game together one of these days."

Of his two lost fumbles on the strip sacks: "Just bad plays by me."

At least Rodgers is willing to admit when he makes mistakes, MM not so much.

Rutnstrut
10-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Jones is there most talented rb by far and the offense is struggling big time inside the 25-30. He's probably our best weapon at breaking tackles or missing guys miss. Why he's not getting more red zone snaps is baffling.

Baffling indeed. I stand by the theory that stubby and AR want to win a certain way. If they don't win that way, losing is acceptable. Sure others will scoff at this. But how else do you explain stubby's refusal to adjust? Unless he's just that stupid, which I don't think he is.

red
10-07-2018, 06:05 PM
At least Rodgers is willing to admit when he makes mistakes, MM not so much.

yeah, he's been saying that same shit for awhile now

but he never stops holding the ball forever

he never just throws to the open guy over the middle while he waits for his outside guy to get deep

he refuses to just stay in the fucking pocket

and he stillloves to wait until the last possible split second to snap the ball, leading to delay flags and wasted TOs

so yeah, he can say all he wants, but until he actually sees himself as part of the problem, and tries to fix it, his words aren't worth jack shit

Freak Out
10-07-2018, 06:52 PM
Fritz is fired.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Fritz is fired.

I said Fritz is a closet Lions fan who is barely in the closet. The fox was guarding the chicken coop. Dead chickens everywhere.

mraynrand
10-07-2018, 08:32 PM
I said Fritz is a closet Lions fan who is barely in the closet. The fox was guarding the chicken coop. Dead chickens everywhere.

I'm glad we've identified the critical problem and know how to get it fixed.