PDA

View Full Version : Most disappointing player so far

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2018, 03:52 PM
If you can't beat um, join um. I will feed the nattering nabobs of negativity.

It's early in the season, plenty of time for salvation.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2018, 03:56 PM
I voted Jimmy Graham, but probably A-Rod is really the furthest off his game. Injuries don't matter in this heartless poll.

Oh ya, just becuz somebody made the list doesn't mean much, I don't study this stuff, I just have strong opinions.

Joemailman
10-08-2018, 03:57 PM
HHCD - He's in a contract year but not playing like it. Packers are playing rookies and 2nd year guys at CB, but Safety play has been the bigger problem.

Bossman641
10-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Where's the all of the above option?

Joemailman
10-08-2018, 04:31 PM
I don't get the Graham hate. He's on pace to have the 2nd most receiving yards ever for a Packer Tight End. Paul Coffman had 814. And Graham isn't far behind that.

pbmax
10-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Justin McCray. After hitting on Lane Taylor, they got a little too excited about Justin.

And Lane Taylor has been leaky too. But the guy who might have a hand in all of it is Corey Linsley. He has allowed a lot of sacks after combo blocks by screwing up the release by one of the blockers. Lions split a lot of double teams yesterday.

red
10-08-2018, 05:49 PM

i think i agree with this

red
10-08-2018, 05:51 PM
I don't get the Graham hate. He's on pace to have the 2nd most receiving yards ever for a Packer Tight End. Paul Coffman had 814. And Graham isn't far behind that.

he was suppose to be a game changer

instead hes a jag

he might be on pace for a somewhat decent amount of yards, but he is our huge red zone target. he has one fucking TD on the year. and he has a ton of garbage time yards

on pace for just under 800 yards and 3 TDs, from aTE that has NO blocking ability

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2018, 05:56 PM
I voted for Kevin King. I really thought he would come a lot closer to shutdown quality than he has by now. Josh Jackson isn't on the list, and it's still early, but I thought he was gonna come in NFL-ready and really do some good things - so far, he's been more bad than good.

mraynrand
10-08-2018, 07:59 PM

+1

wist43
10-08-2018, 08:40 PM
I voted Mike Daniels...

The rest of those guys I either didn't expect as much as most of you guys, or they've been okay.

Overall, I'd have to say the DL in general though... I thought they be a stronger unit than they've been. Our LB's are woeful... just horrid. Need a complete house cleaning there. Gilbert is the only keeper.

This team needs to be blown up.

wthigoot
10-09-2018, 01:09 AM
Have to say Josh Jones so far. Thought he had the tools to occupy that hybrid SS/ILB position. Talent is there, needs to make an impact.

Would go for "All of the Above" and also "None of the Above". Agree that 2-2-1 is not where you want to be.

Win these and maybe 1 or 2 more:

Week 6 - San Francisco
Week 10 - Miami
Week 11 - at Seattle
Week 13 - Arizona
Week 14 - Atlanta
Week 15 - at Chicago
Week 16 - at Jets
Week 17 - Detroit

10 wins and a tie will get you in. Be healthy overall and have Rodgers healthy, anything can happen just like 2010.

wthigoot
10-09-2018, 01:34 AM
Have to say Josh Jones so far. Thought he had the tools to occupy that hybrid SS/ILB position. Talent is there, needs to make an impact.

Would go for "All of the Above" and also "None of the Above". Agree that 2-2-1 is not where you want to be.

Win these and maybe 1 or 2 more:

Week 6 - San Francisco
Week 10 - Miami
Week 11 - at Seattle
Week 13 - Arizona
Week 14 - Atlanta
Week 15 - at Chicago
Week 16 - at Jets
Week 17 - Detroit

10 wins and a tie will get you in. Be healthy overall and have Rodgers healthy, anything can happen just like 2010.

Oops --- OK, retracting on Josh Jones, didn't realize he had been out with an ankle until week 5. Looking for something big if he can get healthy.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-09-2018, 03:12 AM
Hillary Clinton-Dix was, is and has always been soft and shitty, so he ain’t failing to meet anyone’s expectations. Lacks speed to excell at the free. Lacks predatory instinct to excel at the strong.

The most disappointing Packer thus far has got to be Nikita Perry. Hasn’t done a fucking thing other than that coverage strip-sack. And he’s getting paid a boatload if frogskins. The Mormon Fackrell has been outplaying Nikita, for fuck’s sake!

Gute should’ve offered the fucking Titanic for Mack. Don’t give me the crap that the Packers can’t afford the highest paid O-playa AND the highest paid D-playa. With the NFL’s Marxist financial structure, anything is possible.

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Jones and Perry, hell yeah, both of them belong at the top of that list.

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2018, 11:53 AM
The GOAT has pulled into the lead. But the real story is that half the team is on somebody's shit list.

Actually, on offense the OL and RBs have been solid. Only pbmax finds a chink in the armor.

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2018, 12:52 PM
You think the O Line has been "solid"? Sheeeeesh! How low are your expectations anyway?

MadScientist
10-09-2018, 01:11 PM
The GOAT has pulled into the lead. But the real story is that half the team is on somebody's shit list.

Actually, on offense the OL and RBs have been solid. Only pbmax finds a chink in the armor.

I'll give you RBs, but the OL has been hit and miss. They looked like dog shit against the Bears, but halfway decent against the Lions.

Of the list, King's biggest disappointment is that he's been injured. The rest have under-preformed badly. If this team doesn't radically improve it will be time to blow everything up.

mraynrand
10-09-2018, 01:13 PM
.. but the OL has been hit and miss. They looked like dog shit against the Bears, but halfway decent against the Lions.

Weren't they halfway decent against the Bears - decent in the second half only?

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2018, 01:23 PM
You think the O Line has been "solid"? Sheeeeesh! How low are your expectations anyway?

pad level

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2018, 01:26 PM
I'll give you RBs, but the OL has been hit and miss. They looked like dog shit against the Bears, but halfway decent against the Lions.

As a sophisticated football analyst, I know that even a very good OL is going to lose some battles. A hack like yourself only remembers the mistakes.

I think the O-line has mostly given good protection, and even opened up some running lanes. Ya, they had trouble against bears with Bulaga returning from injury. OVerall, I give them a B, maybe B+

I have some hopes for the passing offense. They have some pass catching talent at WR, TE and RB. Things just aren't gelling yet. Right now, I say the receivers and Rodgers are the holdup. Maybe play calling is part of it - need more action to the backs.

Pugger
10-09-2018, 03:56 PM
I voted for Kevin King. I really thought he would come a lot closer to shutdown quality than he has by now. Josh Jackson isn't on the list, and it's still early, but I thought he was gonna come in NFL-ready and really do some good things - so far, he's been more bad than good.

He's been more hurt than bad. :-(

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2018, 05:28 PM
He's been more hurt than bad. :-(

That in itself is reason for disappointment. Last week, though, King was supposedly healthy, and he was getting beat consistently - not to even mention a blunder or two along the way.

Freak Out
10-22-2018, 10:06 AM
Does Mercedes Lewis still play for the Packers?

mraynrand
10-22-2018, 10:45 AM
Does Marcedes Lewis still play for the Packers?

Depends on your definition of 'play'

Fritz
10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Josh Jones - huge disappointment. Even Nick Collins, in year two, displayed some ability and, I think, was playing. Jonesy can barely get onto the field for special teams, much less as a safety. I'm afraid he's likely to be a bust.

And I think at this point it's safe to call Montravius Adams a total bust. TT did not do well drafting defensive linemen in the third round - Khyri Thornton, and now this.

Mike Daniels - huge disappointment.

Nick Perry - very "meh" for his contract.

Clay Matthews - over the hill, apparently.

HHCD - Making lots of mistakes for a vet; apparently turning down tackles now, too?

Jimmy Graham - woulda been better to pony up for Jared Cook a couple years ago.

mraynrand
10-22-2018, 11:46 AM
Mt. Adams should be a beast. I wonder what his weight room looks like, because he was pretty low reps on the bench for a 300 lb. DT.

I agree on Jones too. I had this idea that he'd take over for Burnett or something.

J'xander is disappointing only because he contracted Packer Disease as well.

run pMc
10-22-2018, 04:27 PM
Toss up between Mike Daniels, Josh Jones, and Montravious Adams.

Clay is over the hill, so he's out. Rodgers has played hot and cold, but he carries the team.
Perry would be the winner but at this point I know what to expect from him (3 great games, 6 games playing hurt and ineffective, 7 games of invisibility) so it's more like playing to expectations vs. dashed hopes.

Daniels has played solid but that's about it. I thought Pettine would unleash him and Clark.
Josh Jones and Adams can't even get on the field, at positions where injuries and incompetence have hit. When UDFA's are playing ahead of you, and you're a Day 2 pick that's a disappointment.

With Jimmie Graham the biggest disappointment is they aren't calling his number in the red zone more. I'd think a 6-7 former b-ball player would be able to win a lot of jump balls (assuming he's not double covered).

gbgary
10-22-2018, 05:04 PM
i voted Rodgers but immediately regretted it. being hurt and rusty isn't his fault. so...i think it goes to Crosby who could have won the min game and was horrible in the det game. there's also an "other" i could have used on MM but the topic said "player."