PDA

View Full Version : THE GRAIL GAME DAY PREDICTIONS--LIST THEM AS WELL AS SCORE

Bretsky
09-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Well, I'm leaving in five minutes so I thought I'd throw this out there and if everybody wanted to add their juice it might be fun to see how close we are. Add your score and any other predictions you'd like.

Da Bears 16
Green Bay 10

The game will give us hope because we will compete

We will not be happy with our OL after today

Ahman Green will look alright but will not crack 60 yards

Favre will, at times, be erratic because he'll be running for his life

Driver and Jennings will make plays, but little from the WR core after that

Bubba will catch 2-3 balls for under 20yds

Our defense will look above average

We will contain the run and Grossman will be erratic

Our CB's will play well

Overall, we'll be content with the defense, but our OL will break down too many times for us to score enough to win.

Signing off for The Grail

Keep the Hope Alive

GO PACK

B

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Packers 14
Bears 13

mmmdk
09-10-2006, 08:34 AM
I hope the best - GO PACK GO!

My prediction is:

Bears 24
Packers 13

But wadda ya know; I actually put money on the Packers, Cardinals & Patriots to win. The odds here in Denmark (EURO) were good. All three have to win & I take the family to dinner.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 08:37 AM
B, it's not like you were happy with our o-line before today, so that's too easy a prediction.

I predict we will surprise some folks in a number of areas. Jennings busts one and Favre keeps much better control than he would have last year.

Pack 24
Bears 10

Favre4
09-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Packers 30-13 a route. Packers will come out mostly doing short quick passes to set up the run. Ferguson will be the offensive hero with 2tds as the defense takes him for granted.

Defense will surprise shutting down the run game, sacking Grossman into a fumble, and an int to the house by Collins.

gonzozab
09-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Packers 13

Bears 10

Joemailman
09-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Bears 17
Packers 13

Packers will play well enough to get me excited about the game next week. McCarthy will protect Favre with lots of 2-Tight End sets. However, that will limit the downfield passing game.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 08:58 AM
I usually don't make predictions, because I am either too much of a homer to pick against my team, or because I'm so much of a homer I choose my team every time. On second thought, those are pretty much the same thing. Oh well, here's my prediction.

Bears 17
Packers 20

Favre leads a late drive with the clutch TD grab by Bubba Franks.

Woodson gets burned a lot.

Harris does well.

Thomas Jones racks up 80

Grossman plays like crap.

Our O-line plays better than expected, but still allows 3 sacks.

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 09:01 AM
I definitely think it's going to be a close game. Quite honestly, I don't know what I should expect. I think the kickers are going to get alot of chances today....

Bears 16
Packers 20

mngolf19
09-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Bears 24
Pack 10

I see Pack having problems on offense because of OL. I see Bears having problems because of QB. Bears will score more on D, than on O.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Bears 24
Pack 10

I see Pack having problems on offense because of OL. I see Bears having problems because of QB. Bears will score more on D, than on O.

So that'd mean the Bears would have to score 2 defensive TD's. I really doubt that happening, maybe one, but not two.

footballfever
09-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Bears 13
Pack 35

I think the Packers are a lil better than everyone expects and the Bears will be a lot worse than expected. The preseason rust that Al and Charles showed will be gone. Like Iverson said we're talkin about practice man, practice! It's the preseason, those guys didn't have to show up. It's gametime and I think we'll see a better sense of urgency or at least I hope so. That and Popp should give us a bit of an energy boost on D. Offensively I think we'll struggle to start but finish strong.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the forum footballforever. Good to have you aboard. We need all the kool-aid drinkers we can get. You can refer to me as Jim Jones. :mrgreen:

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 09:41 AM
It is Amazing ! How on gameday you all come to your sences? Oh well, better late then never I say. I hope no one gets hurt, I hope it is a clean, well faught game, but we all know the outcome... yep even you packer faithfull are seeing the light, 24 - 9 DA BEARS ! Keep telling yourselves, there's always next year, next year, next year(only next year never comes) :twisted:

GO BEARS GO !

Fosco33
09-10-2006, 09:49 AM
It is Amazing ! How on gameday you all come to your sences? Oh well, better late then never I say. I hope no one gets hurt, I hope it is a clean, well faught game, but we all know the outcome... yep even you packer faithfull are seeing the light, 24 - 9 DA BEARS ! Keep telling yourselves, there's always next year, next year, next year(only next year never comes) :twisted:

GO BEARS GO !

From a Bear fan that's damn right civil.

I don't see the Pack pulling this one out - just too young right now.

Bears 24 (one defensive TD)
Packers 13

Favre throws 1 TD and 1 INT; fumbles once for a returned TD

Green/Gado/Herron split 30 carries for 110 yards

OLine looks shaky at the beginning while the Bears throw the kitchen sink but end up looking 'ok'

Hawk and Jennings have solid starts to their careers to the Lambeau faithful

Packers still search for answers in special teams (besides booming punts from Ryan)

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Bunch of posers.

http://www.slinkycity.com/y7d/rude-bear.jpg

Rastak
09-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm thinking Bears 20 Packers 10

Tarlam!
09-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Bears 5
Pack 3.

Brett plays O.K. but, there is a bunch of 3 and outs. The O-line struggles. We snag a FG in the 2nd Q.

Our new punter is the real deal, but drops the football in our endzone in the 3rd, giving them a Safety.

GGGRRREEEEXXXX Grossman sucks, but Luvie Howell won't pull him. A field goal in the 4th puts an end to the misery that is the NFL's two worst offenses going at it...

Then, I wake up and the real score is Pack 31
Bears ZIPPO!!!!

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Scott, why are you having such a hard time accepting the reallity of it? ALL your packer fan freinds are...come on, deep down you know the truth, don't you....YES, there it is... DA BEARS dominate...you got it, good !

GO BEARS GO !

AtlPackFan
09-10-2006, 09:57 AM
A D-line that can't put pressure on the opposing QB can make even Rex Grossman look all world and I haven't seen anything to indicate that we can put any pressure on an opposing QB. Offensively, I see Favre running for his life and Ahman green running no where. I can't see us winning this game. I just hope we play well enough that we can say at the end of the game that there are signs of improvement?!

Bears - 17, Pack - 10.

I hope the hell I'm wrong.

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 09:59 AM
10-9 Pack

the late break goes our way and the bears cant get in the endzone.

Guiness
09-10-2006, 10:16 AM
I have to admit I haven't the foggiest idea how this will turn out. I'm generally a pretty good judge, but I'm bad at prognosticating games of teams I love, or detest. So this one is a double whammy!

I'll say 10-7 Packers. They run 2 TE sets to bolster the OL, play short passes and don't turn the ball over - holding thier defense scoreless! Chicago can't get any O rolling, but score a TD on a punt return.

Keep telling yourselves, there's always next year, next year, next year(only next year never comes) :twisted:

GO BEARS GO !

You'd know about waiting for next year - It's a way of life down there!

jack's smirking revenge
09-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Bears 24
Pack 10

I think their defense will be too much for us and Brett will have a poor start to the season (throwing multiple INTs).

As always, I hope I'm wrong and the Pack can pull it off against the supposed team to beat in the North.

GO PACK!

tyler

gbgary
09-10-2006, 10:29 AM
it'll be a three-and-out fest! lol

let's see...neither team has an offense but we have more than they do...they have more defense than we do...so............Packers 10, bears 7! i see the bears td coming from some ridiculous turn-over. sound familier?

Badgepack
09-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Packers - 24

Bears - 17

Favre 21-35, 285 yrds, 2TD, 0 Int

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Gawd I will be glad when this love fest with farve is over ! You all gan get off his middle leg and get on with it. :roll: My gawd it is over, let dead dogs lye. :evil:

GO BEARS !

Badgepack
09-10-2006, 10:56 AM
It is sad that I support a quarterback who could hold every major passing record there is, if he wants. What I am thinking?

Chubbyhubby
09-10-2006, 10:57 AM
My Prediction will be:

Packers 24

Bears 17

The O-lne will have problems.

The running game is going stall.

Green is going to average 2.4 a carry.

Jennings and Driver is going to shine. Jennings is going to catch the first ball in the game. Jennings is going to have 6 catches for 125 yards!

AJ Hawk and Barnett are going "Tackling Demons" Each wil have 11 tackles in the game.

Tarlam!
09-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Gawd I will be glad when this love fest with Favre is over !....

Unless Favre played for you guys, the Queens or the Kittens, the love fest will go on into eternity.

Now, might he finish his career elsewhere? He may! He said so! But, is your team only a QB away from a world championship? I sooooo very much doubt it! So, there goes that possibility, doesn't it!

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Green Bay 17
Da Bears 10

Please, please, PLEASE protect the ball. We cannot give da Bears D and/or special teams any chances to score. We all know those are their best chances.

The Shadow
09-10-2006, 11:08 AM
1. Packers win the toss!
2. Our running game will look anemic.
3. Jennings will have a very good day.
4. Our defense will look pretty solid.
5. Grossman's first pass will be a slant.

If the Packers come out creatively passing, they will win.
If they doggedly rely on the run, they will lose.

PREDICTION #1 : Packers 17, Bears 14
PREDICTION #2 : The Bears STILL suck!

Partial
09-10-2006, 11:11 AM
24-13 Pack. They get ahead by two scores and the bears are chucking it up trying to get back in it, very reminiscint of last year for us.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 11:12 AM
PREDICTION #2 : The Bears STILL suck!

Well, that's true regardless of the outcome of the game... :mrgreen:

ahaha
09-10-2006, 11:16 AM
The Bears defense is overrated and overhyped. Their good, just not that good.

Green Bay 27
Chicago 13

Rastak
09-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I wonder if there is anyone here who is predicting the Packers win in this thread and then picking the Bears in the pickem league at yahoo..... :D

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm sure there is.

The gambler's code dictates that one should never wage heavily against one's one team. And if you're only going to put a few points on da Bears, then why don't you just put those few points on the Pack? Especially in the Yahoo league, where we are playing for FREE.

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Please forgive me, I am not real comtuter literate. Can some one explain to me how to save thease posts so I can rub your all noses in it after the game ? Please. Thanks... :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

Partial
09-10-2006, 01:54 PM
The Bears defense is overrated and overhyped. Their good, just not that good.

Green Bay 27
Chicago 13

Nah, they're that good, the problem is their offense is that bad. Their defense is built to hold a lead and shut down the pass. If you can keep your team in a situation where you can run the ball, you effectively neutralize their amazing passrush.

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Man were you guys perdictions all wrong ! LOL

GO BEARS !

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Man were you guys perdictions all wrong ! LOL

GO BEARS !

yeah, lil off. .....next week :razz: