PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Other Games

pbmax
10-21-2018, 01:35 PM
Portrait of a deteriorating mind:

1. Other games are on, according to the stringer method of updating scores on ESPN radio.
2. How is it that in 2018 we are still calling in brief reports from the field to a radio announcer from the stadium like a national correspondent in 1964?
3. I would use my phone to check except the touch screen is wonky and if I try to use it in the car, I will get into an accident while throwing it out the window.
4. What week is it?
5. Search for other games threads on front page and add 1 to highest number?
6. These bozos don't always use same form for thread title.
7. I see Rand couldn't remember either last week.
8. Well what is the most common record?
9. There are bye weeks now, its not going to solve the problem.
10. Bye weeks are terrible.
11. What is the Packers record?
12. Tex thought it was 4-2-1 and I was going to make fun of him but someone beat me to it and I did not want to pile on.
13. Week 7

pbmax
10-21-2018, 01:49 PM
Here is how you fix the catch rule:

Blue Catch Flag instead of football move.

You catch the ball. You must drop, throw or otherwise get a blue flag on the ground for the catch to count in football move sense. If you lose the ball before the flag hits the turf, no catch. Lose it afterward, catch and fumble.

Rastak
10-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Vikings, Bears and Lions all winning. Scratch that, Bears tied now.

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 02:18 PM
Here is how you fix the catch rule:

Blue Catch Flag instead of football move.

You catch the ball. You must drop, throw or otherwise get a blue flag on the ground for the catch to count in football move sense. If you lose the ball before the flag hits the turf, no catch. Lose it afterward, catch and fumble.

Where is the blue flag?

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 02:24 PM
2. How is it that in 2018 we are still calling in brief reports from the field to a radio announcer from the stadium like a national correspondent in 1964?

Radio works, audio works. See: podcasts

7. I see Rand couldn't remember either last week.

I Didn't forget, I just didn't care to check. And the "This Week" thing works because we can just add to it as virtually no one posts anymore.

It feels like Packerrats is pretty much done. Is it the socials? Is everyone else on twit/faceplant/snipechat/Intsagratification, etc.?

Rastak
10-21-2018, 02:28 PM
Agree Rand, pretty much dead most of the time.

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 02:35 PM
Rot-weiller just put a TD pass on the dime rolling out from 30 yards away.

Rastak
10-21-2018, 02:36 PM
Vikings pulling away from the Jets...

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 02:46 PM
Agree Rand, pretty much dead most of the time.

I know there's a number of guys with younger kids. Mine are out the door now...

Rastak
10-21-2018, 02:52 PM
I know there's a number of guys with younger kids. Mine are out the door now...

I’m an old empty nester so Sunday can be all football. One of the very few benefits of growing old.....

Joemailman
10-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Eagles now 3-4. It's tough at the top.

pbmax
10-21-2018, 03:24 PM
Where is the blue flag?

Up to the offensive player. They get provided a piece of velcro on the flag. Stick it on or in sock. Tuck it into belt. Attach to wristband or in elbow pad. Tie it to your facemask if you dare.

pbmax
10-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Jets just need some receivers.

Bears fans cheered Kevin White's first catch of the year. I don't think it was entirely sincere :)

Most Bear 2 minute drive of all time. They had 30 second to get into Hail Mary/TD range. First pass was to middle of field for 10 yards. Patriots laid on him for 10 seconds. They throw that one away or send it to a less likely completion on a sideline then the next fail Bear is less likely to occur.

Hail Mary caught by Kevin White, as clean as you could expect on a jump ball at the 2. but back is to goal line and he can't get any momentum before a Patriot grabs him. Backs up a step closer but they then finish him off. Packer might have been able to student body middled that into the end zone.

But the lack of five more yards at the beginning of a drive means Trubisky cannot make the end zone with the throw.

I think Kahlil Mack has contacted a fatal disease. Saw a TE block him and take him to the turf on an off tackle play.

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 03:32 PM
Browns offense is so stagnant that they can't capitalize on 4 TOs. They play it totally safe with Mayfield until they have no choice but to just start winging it.

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 03:34 PM
I think Kahlil Mack has contacted a fatal diseason

Some years are just like that

Rastak
10-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Jets just need some receivers.

Bears fans cheered Kevin White's first catch of the year. I don't think it was entirely sincere :)

Most Bear 2 minute drive of all time. They had 30 second to get into Hail Mary/TD range. First pass was to middle of field for 10 yards. Patriots laid on him for 10 seconds. They throw that one away or send it to a less likely completion on a sideline then the next fail Bear is less likely to occur.

Hail Mary caught by Kevin White, as clean as you could expect on a jump ball at the 2. but back is to goal line and he can't get any momentum before a Patriot grabs him. Backs up a step closer but they then finish him off. Packer might have been able to student body middled that into the end zone.

But the lack of five more yards at the beginning of a drive means Trubisky cannot make the end zone with the throw.

I think Kahlil Mack has contacted a fatal disease. Saw a TE block him and take him to the turf on an off tackle play.

That was close, almost tied it up.

red
10-21-2018, 04:27 PM
so, the 49ers look like absolute shit again this week

it is the rams though, but it shows the deference between a really good team, and whatever the hell we are

pbmax
10-21-2018, 04:57 PM
Funny how an offense without Gronk goes on the road and puts 38 or whatever on the Bears. That's some generational defense there.

Rastak
10-21-2018, 05:16 PM
Funny how an offense without Gronk goes on the road and puts 38 or whatever on the Bears. That's some generational defense there.

Piss poor indeed.

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Taysom Hill is putting the hurt on the Ravens

pbmax
10-21-2018, 05:43 PM
Taysom Hill is putting the hurt on the Ravens

And he's averaging less per carry than Aaron Jones.

Rastak
10-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Dak is a moron.....get rid of the fucking ball when backed up against your goal line.

Cousins did the same thing today.

hoosier
10-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Up to the offensive player. They get provided a piece of velcro on the flag. Stick it on or in sock. Tuck it into belt. Attach to wristband or in elbow pad. Tie it to your facemask if you dare.

What if it comes off or gets pulled off before the receiver makes the catch?

Smidgeon
10-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Seems like everything is going the Saints way this year.

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 08:44 PM

I think technology will solve this. Have sensors in the gloves - or subndermal - and in the ball. If the ball is in close enough proximity for a positive reading of xx mseceonds, it's a catch, no matter what you see on the TV. Or just have the actual games be Madden contests and forget the whole thing. That's where we'll be in 30 years anyway (Ready Player One).

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?27827-Enter-The-Matrix&highlight=enter+the+matrix

pbmax
10-21-2018, 09:24 PM

If a defender grabs it its 15 yard unsportsmanlike and an auto first down.

pbmax
10-21-2018, 09:27 PM
You see that last Chefs drive? (Before FG near halftime) At one point they had a back in the backfield and one WR split wide.

They MOTIONED a receiver to the slot and the resulting confusion left the slot guy WIDE OPEN.

Now its possible the RB was Hill and the Bengals were scared to death of him. But the point is the offense forced a quick decision by D players on the rules of the defense, it broke, and it was predictable. Because Mahomes was waiting for that slot guy to break open and hit him right away.

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 10:38 PM
You see that last Chefs drive? (Before FG near halftime) At one point they had a back in the backfield and one WR split wide.

They MOTIONED a receiver to the slot and the resulting confusion left the slot guy WIDE OPEN.

Now its possible the RB was Hill and the Bengals were scared to death of him. But the point is the offense forced a quick decision by D players on the rules of the defense, it broke, and it was predictable. Because Mahomes was waiting for that slot guy to break open and hit him right away.

If Cobb were that slot guy, he would have either been stoned at the LOS by an ILB or run a three yard curl and Rodgers would have throw downfield after holding the ball for 6 seconds.

pbmax
10-22-2018, 10:04 AM
If Cobb were that slot guy, he would have either been stoned at the LOS by an ILB or run a three yard curl and Rodgers would have throw downfield after holding the ball for 6 seconds.

The Packers play offense like they have agreed to a handicap to help make the odds even for the opposing defense.

mraynrand
10-22-2018, 10:41 AM
The Packers play offense like they have agreed to a handicap to help make the odds even for the opposing defense.

They should just come clean and admit they hired Harrison Bergeron as their O-coordinator.

Fritz
10-22-2018, 11:14 AM

How true that is.

ThunderDan
10-22-2018, 09:06 PM
That has to be a fumble. 4 steps with the ball and poked out. I thought the new catch rule made that a catch for sure.

ThunderDan
10-22-2018, 09:09 PM
Good replay ruled it a catch and fumble.