PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Rams Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Packers4Glory
10-28-2018, 06:43 PM
Why take the ball out at all. I’m so confused.

Another case of having the dumbass. Infection running on 5 straight seasons

red
10-28-2018, 06:43 PM
Fire M3

really this was the one game we weren't suppose to win

Rastak
10-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Smart play by Gurley.

Harlan Huckleby
Why would LA call TO?

red
well, that D wasn't right

Freak Out
The insane call that lead to the safety and then Monty bringing the kick out.....so brutal. Monty should get benched and M3 flogged.

Teamcheez1
A very Bostick-like moment. Get rid of him tomorrow.

Rutnstrut
10-28-2018, 06:45 PM
Stubby out coached again. Then again my dog could outcoach that worthless fuck.

Packers4Glory
10-28-2018, 06:45 PM
In dharp contrast of football IQ’s...the Rams

ThunderDan
10-28-2018, 06:46 PM
What a great effort by the whole team. Monty’s bonehead play cost us a chance for victory and the way ARod has been finishing I have no doubt we score 3.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-28-2018, 06:47 PM
I blame coaches. What’s the point of bringing that ball out.

Janis would’ve kneeled. But yes, blame the coaches. Fucking Zook shoulda forbided Monty from returning that kick that deep.

Joemailman
A very Bostick-like moment. Get rid of him tomorrow.

Why wait?

Strange Brew
Go Pack! Almost!!

Packers4Glory
10-28-2018, 06:48 PM
really this was the one gamee we weren't suppose to win

Easily should have won. Shit it away & that’s on the HC & ST coordinator.

Did anyone remind Montdumbery to not bring anything out in the Endzone or did we ASSume he knew the expectations in this situation at this juncture of the game?

I know what my bet is on

Packers4Glory
10-28-2018, 06:49 PM
Lazy indifferent coaching

red
10-28-2018, 06:49 PM
tough to tell what our offense was today

after the first 2 series we almost entirely relied on the normal long developing deep plays, and it was very hit or miss, like it usually is

but this was a very good rams D

Strange Brew
10-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Why is Ty Montgomery still on the team and why is his number still 88 when he's a running back?

Joemailman
10-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Stubby out coached again. Then again my dog could outcoach that worthless fuck.

If he was outcoached, how was the game so close? Are, the Packers more talented than the Rams?

yetisnowman
10-28-2018, 06:51 PM
Crushing loss.

ThunderDan
tough to tell what our offense was today

after the first 2 series we almost entirely relied on the normal long developing deep plays, and it was very hit or miss, like it usually is

but this was a very good rams D
We went toe to toe with the only undefeated team in the NFL. Should have won if Monty doesn’t screw the pooch.

wist43
Wow... Lot, lot closer than I figured.

But, Stubby found a way to fuck it up...

Fire Stubby is the mantra!!!

Rastak
10-28-2018, 06:53 PM
We went toe to toe with the only undefeated team in the NFL. Should have won if Monty doesn’t screw the pooch.

I thought you guys played a great game to be honest,

Joemailman
10-28-2018, 06:53 PM
Lazy indifferent coaching

What does that even mean?

Packers4Glory
10-28-2018, 06:57 PM

Do you think anyone talked to Montgomery before the kick & said remember anything in the end zone don’t bring it out. Because we have 2:05 to #12 to win it.

There should have been a fuckn edict from MM fown to the return unit that anything into tge EZ was a no go.

Coupled w the ridiculous stupidity this team regularly displays dictated that a conversation needed to be had. A real quick don’t fuckn bring anything out. Period.

I’m betting nobody said anything & treated it like the opening kickoff.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-28-2018, 06:57 PM

Orangutans are smarter than the Packer coaches (and Oday and rut).

KYPack
10-28-2018, 07:01 PM
Orangutans are smarter than the Packer coaches (and Oday and rut).

We should have thrown the rock to Janis, eh Tanky?

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2018, 07:04 PM

Well, should have had a 35% shot at winning if Montgomery doesn't fuck up.

Rutnstrut
10-28-2018, 07:05 PM
If he was outcoached, how was the game so close? Are, the Packers more talented than the Rams?

The Rams adjusted, stubby not so much. Stubby blowing timeouts again. Stubby abandoning the run, again until it's too late and they have to pass. Goff had an off game. The GB defense had their game of the season so far. Stubby said at halftime that their run defense was improved because they worked hard on that during the bye. Imagine fucking that, you work on things and they improve. Anything else you would like pointed out about that worthless fuck of a coach? Most of the talking heads on the networks are also questioning his ability or inability to adjust.

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2018, 07:07 PM
Do you think anyone talked to Montgomery before the kick & said remember anything in the end zone don’t bring it out. Because we have 2:05 to #12 to win it.

Montgomery is not a speedy returner. You'd think be would NEVER take it out of endzone with the rule change to bring it out to 25.

The special teams coach should have talked to Monty. But really, I think we had a guy try to be a hero. Any NFL player should have known not to run that out.

Tony Oday
10-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Anti likes to gargle Monty's nuts.

red
10-28-2018, 07:08 PM
we only had to go about 40 yards with the best QB in the game with 2:05 to be in FG range, IF monty just takes a knee

texaspackerbacker
10-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Well, should have had a 35% shot at winning if Montgomery doesn't fuck up.

35%? Try 85%. We woulda had 35%+ if the D had just stopped Gurley and force a field goal - and given it back to Rodgers 5 down with 30 or so seconds left.

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2018, 07:20 PM
35%? Try 85%. We woulda had 35%+ if the D had just stopped Gurley and force a field goal - and given it back to Rodgers 5 down with 30 or so seconds left.

I wonder what the odds would be. Crosby is no sure thing on a long field goal. Rodgers was not getting good protection.
You really want to drive about 50 yards. That's a lot of stuff that has to go right. Maybe the odds were 50%, but no higher, and I'd bet at 35%

Joemailman
10-28-2018, 07:22 PM
we only had to go about 40 yards with the best QB in the game with 2:05 to be in FG range, IF monty just takes a knee

I think this is probably on Zook. Monty should have been told there is no decision to be made here. If the kick is in the end zone, you don't take it out.

Should have had Kaepernick fielding the kick.

smuggler
10-28-2018, 07:23 PM
Pretty disappointing ending to a well-fought game
I feel we would've won if not for Monty's gaffe.

ZachMN
10-28-2018, 07:26 PM
This is just a stream of consciousness: Total momentum changer on the situation that led to the safety. Roll out, misdirection anything that will at least let you throw the ball away and punt is better than that. Honestly can anyone tell me why Montgomery is on the team? If you're going to do that cradle the damn ball with both hands!! Plus just give the damn rock over and over to Jones; ....they lack the guts to be a great and that starts with M3...since the debacle in Seattle where all they were thinking is 'no one beats Seattle at home'''Loser thought process......

Packers4Glory
10-28-2018, 07:27 PM
He wanted to be the savior. Hero of the day

texaspackerbacker
10-28-2018, 07:34 PM
This is just a stream of consciousness: Total momentum changer on the situation that led to the safety. Roll out, misdirection anything that will at least let you throw the ball away and punt is better than that. Honestly can anyone tell me why Montgomery is on the team? If you're going to do that cradle the damn ball with both hands!! Plus just give the damn rock over and over to Jones; ....they lack the guts to be a great and that starts with M3...since the debacle in Seattle where all they were thinking is 'no one beats Seattle at home'''Loser thought process......

Yeah, that kind of run basically puts things in the hands of our PATHETIC O Line - and they lived up to expectations. True most of the rest of the stuff also, but we still coulda woulda SHOULDA won.

wist43
10-28-2018, 07:41 PM
I would argue MM lost the game on our last possession, when we had a 1pt lead, and he figured his usual dink, run, sack, punt playcalling formula was the safest way to go.

Put the ball in #12's hands, and attack downfield on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down. 1st downs and pts win the game, not farting around and punting. Could you imagine Belichick conceding a punt like that??

Fire MM.

pbmax
10-28-2018, 08:10 PM
SACKRELL!

This is obviously an elaborate fake out designed to catch me off guard. It won’t work.

pbmax
10-28-2018, 08:11 PM
Fackrell with the sack.

Still don’t believe it.

red
10-28-2018, 08:17 PM
i would just like to point out that we were winning when bretsky showed up and we ended up losing

just saying. the ban option is here for a reason

pbmax
10-28-2018, 08:25 PM
i would just like to point out that we were winning when bretsky showed up and we ended up losing

just saying. the ban option is here for a reason

I would like to point out that wist’s entire rationale for the reasons to lose and the expected margin changed with the game.

I think he is pre-determining his conclusions then adjusting on the fly. Just saying.

So the Packers have the talent to hang with the “best” team in the NFL but lose with key mistakes. I have seen this movie before.

It not all M3, he had them ready, in the lead and close the to the end. But a lot of the small things keep going wrong. Including a limited game plan after the scripted plays.

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:06 PM
His blitz pickup on that 48 yard bomb shows you why he still has a place in the offense. He's Brandon Jackson plus.

Yes, and this skill is probably why we see him over Jones right now in passing situations. Hopefully Jones gets better at that.

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:07 PM
PAckers look like a new team. They don't like all the shit Stubby's been taking at PAckerrats.

As much as we bitch about Stubby he did have this bunch ready to play today.

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:18 PM
how does a defensive guy hold when he's getting triple teamed from 3 sides?

I thought that was a bogus penalty too. :???:

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:19 PM
Get Tramon off the field please

He really has lost a major step and is a liability now.

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:20 PM
Time management sucks. Worst use of TO’s in football in GB

The Rams' time management wasn't so hot either.

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:21 PM
STOP RETURNING THE BALL

JUST DUMB

fair catch gives us one play before the 2 minute, the he only gets to the fucking 15 before fumbling

just stop returning kicks, take the fucking ball at the 25 everytime

I hope they left him behind at LAX.

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:24 PM
I blame coaches. What’s the point of bringing that ball out.

After the game Stubby said the team was told NOT to bring the ball out in that situation. So it appears Einstein Montgomery wanted to be the hero and in the end is the goat. If he ever is back there again returning kicks this entire coaching staff has to go.

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:25 PM
Janis would’ve kneeled. But yes, blame the coaches. Fucking Zook shoulda forbided Monty from returning that kick that deep.

If Janis is so wonderful why isn't he on an NFL team right now? lol

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:28 PM
Wow... Lot, lot closer than I figured.

But, Stubby found a way to fuck it up...

Fire Stubby is the mantra!!!

No, fire Zook. That bozo has only one freaking job and that is ST and that bunch outside of Crosby and the kick coverage stunk out the joint today.

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:30 PM
Montgomery is not a speedy returner. You'd think be would NEVER take it out of endzone with the rule change to bring it out to 25.

The special teams coach should have talked to Monty. But really, I think we had a guy try to be a hero. Any NFL player should have known not to run that out.

I'd put money on this. Ty's playing time has diminished and he wanted to make a play and be the hero. Stupid shit. He should be cut like Bostick was.

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:31 PM
I wonder what the odds would be. Crosby is no sure thing on a long field goal. Rodgers was not getting good protection.
You really want to drive about 50 yards. That's a lot of stuff that has to go right. Maybe the odds were 50%, but no higher, and I'd bet at 35%

In the 4th Rodgers was moving the team so I'd rather put the ball in his hands than almost any other QB in the game today.

mraynrand
10-28-2018, 09:32 PM
I would argue MM lost the game on our last possession, when we had a 1pt lead, and he figured his usual dink, run, sack, punt playcalling formula was the safest way to go..

Absolutely not. The Packers motioned Admas to get the slant and the Rams defenders did not move. So TO and came back with a perfect drag route. But Taylor decides to play Ole! and not lay a finger on Donald. Possibly Monty blew his assignment too. That was coached perfectly. Stubby isn't on the field.

mraynrand
10-28-2018, 10:27 PM
Pretty disappointing ending to a well-fought game
I feel we would've won if not for Monty's gaffe.

Or Taylor's. That drag route to Adams was gonna go.

Pugger
10-29-2018, 08:51 AM
https://twitter.com/LilySZhao/status/10 ... 0808257536

If this is true then the ONLY one to blame is that subordinate little shit. If Mac and company got rid of D. Randall then Monty's days as a Packer are numbered. We can bring up one of our backs on the practice squad instead and cut his ass.

HarveyWallbangers
10-29-2018, 04:42 PM
Most encouraging game of the year. It's finally possible to see what the Packers could be, if they stay healthy and continue to improve. ARod gets healthy, there is enough talent on offense to get it done--especially the young talent at the skill positions. The OGs are a concern, but if you had to pick one position to be weak on offense, OG would be it. Kenny Clark, Blake Martinez, and the young guys in the secondary offer real hope. I think this team can go on a run--especially if they can snag a win in one of the two games (at New England, at Minnesota) where they will be the decided underdog. There is some young talent emerging on this team (Aaron Jones, the WRs, Clark, Martinez, Jaire Alexander, Kenny King). I've always been a big Nick Perry guy, but he needs to step it up. I think him and the safeties playing better down the stretch is the key to the team.

George Cumby
10-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Only 16 pages in the GDT for a really important (and entertaining) game.

Not a good sign for the team (or this board).

ThunderDan
10-29-2018, 06:03 PM

I think pb was unavailable and I had an obligation and caught up after half time. We usually have 35% of the posts between us. Sad that the other PRs couldn’t step up to fill the void.

red
10-29-2018, 06:05 PM

Yeah, it was a really quiet game for some reason

wist43
10-29-2018, 06:06 PM
Absolutely not. The Packers motioned Admas to get the slant and the Rams defenders did not move. So TO and came back with a perfect drag route. But Taylor decides to play Ole! and not lay a finger on Donald. Possibly Monty blew his assignment too. That was coached perfectly. Stubby isn't on the field.

It's the 1st and 2nd down calls I have the problem with... those calls almost guarantee a 3rd and long, i.e. 1 shot at picking up the 1st down.

Chuck it up field all 3 times, give your HOF QB 3 cracks at it... as I said, if we don't make it, I can live with that - we would have done the right thing.

What's more, if we pick up a 1st down - keep chucking it. Possessing the ball and pts is what wins the game.

Punt?? And you lose... stubby lost again.

ThunderDan
10-29-2018, 06:06 PM
Usually it is pb, mraynrand, red and me. Wist when the Packers fuck up. RnS when he thinks ARod and MM only want to win one way. MN stops in. And a handful of others here and there.

wist43
10-29-2018, 06:09 PM

I think most everyone assumed a loss. I did... I went shopping after the safety. I Knew stubby would fuck it up.

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 06:11 PM
It's the 1st and 2nd down calls I have the problem with... those calls almost guarantee a 3rd and long, i.e. 1 shot at picking up the 1st down.

Chuck it up field all 3 times, give your HOF QB 3 cracks at it... as I said, if we don't make it, I can live with that - we would have done the right thing.

What's more, if we pick up a 1st down - keep chucking it. Possessing the ball and pts is what wins the game.

Punt?? And you lose... stubby lost again.

I dunno, Taylor was not holding up well. You have to keep those tackles honest. Donald is just a crazy mix of quick and powerful and Suh is just a physical strength monster. That's the reality they had to deal with.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:51 PM
They should bring back Mike Flanagan and Bruce Wilkerson to play guard.

Pugger
10-30-2018, 11:43 AM
I think most everyone assumed a loss. I did... I went shopping after the safety. I Knew stubby would fuck it up.

How exactly did Stubby fuck it up? IMO it was #88 that screwed it up, not MM.

esoxx
10-30-2018, 12:56 PM
Stubby