PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs. Rams

Joemailman
10-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Never started a More Banjo thread before, but PB must be taking the loss hard.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Ty Montgomery declined to talk on his way out of the locker room, but Mike McCarthy said the plan was to have him take the touchback. Either way, Montgomery's fumble prevented the Packers from the shot at a game-winning drive.

Still don't know if the plan was communicated to Monty in no uncertain terms. But if that play WAS a matter of him disobeying a coaches order...

Joemailman
10-28-2018, 08:19 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Aaron Rodgers never got the ball back at the end after Ty Montgomery's fumbled kickoff. "That play didn't lose the game but took away an opportunity to win," Rodgers said..

red
10-28-2018, 08:21 PM
so we do have a full on bostick

players not respecting the coaches?

or coaches just throwing players under the bus?

red
10-28-2018, 08:23 PM

like i said in the gdt. we just needed 40 yards with over 2 minutes, the 2 minute warning and a time out left to give mase a very good shot at winning it

if we had just taken the touchback

Joemailman
10-28-2018, 08:24 PM
Rodgers on what they can take from Sunday's game:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dqo2hsmUUAAOA3u.jpg:large

Joemailman
10-28-2018, 08:29 PM
like i said in the gdt. we just needed 40 yards with over 2 minutes, the 2 minute warning and a time out left to give mase a very good shot at winning it

if we had just taken the touchback

I agree. If they only had a minute left and needed a TD, I could see trying to get a good return. But not in this situation.

Not sure which would be worse: Coaches not telling Monty to take a knee, or Monty ignoring a coach's directive.

pbmax
10-28-2018, 08:32 PM
Thanks Joe. pbmax on an actual vacation and just caught snippets of game on TV during dinner. Don’t tell Pugger, but they show Packer games in Florida. :D

Joemailman
10-28-2018, 08:35 PM
Not sure what MM is saying here. I thing he's trying to say the plan is to take the touchback, but doesn't want to publicly say Monty went against the plan.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dqo1rk2UwAED6We.jpg

red
10-28-2018, 08:52 PM
so no one actually told monty to take a knee

fat mike is just assuming "after the game" that everyone knew what to do in that situation, and everyone was thinking with the same brain

Pugger
10-28-2018, 09:00 PM

fat mike is just assuming "after the game" that everyone knew what to do in that situation, and everyone was thinking with the same brain

If Ty has to be told again to take a knee even after the guys were told to not take it out of the end zone earlier then Montgomery won't have to worry about his Mensa dues any time soon.

red
10-28-2018, 09:09 PM
If Ty has to be told again to take a knee even after the guys were told to not take it out of the end zone earlier then Montgomery won't have to worry about his Mensa dues any time soon.

mike doesn't mention exactly when they "talked about it as a team"

hell in could have been in training camp

a coach should have been in his face making sure the last thing he heard was "remember, touchback"

unless we hear that it happened exactly like that, and he decided to bring it out anyways, then i'm not prepared to put the whole blame on monty

ThunderDan
10-28-2018, 09:14 PM
mike doesn't mention exactly when they "talked about it as a team"

hell in could have been in training camp

a coach should have been in his face making sure the last thing he heard was "remember, touchback"

unless we hear that it happened exactly like that, and he decided to bring it out anyways, then i'm not prepared to put the whole blame on monty

Dude, if we all know it and all we do is watch games and drink, I am certain every Packer knows and has been told.

red
10-28-2018, 09:24 PM
Dude, if we all know it and all we do is watch games and drink, I am certain every Packer knows and has been told.

i'd like to think that even while drunk i'm still quite a bit smarter then your average football player

texaspackerbacker
10-28-2018, 11:03 PM
We lost another game we shoulda won, but a lot of young players stepped up, our D was not nearly as bad as it has been this season, and we still are right in the thick of it to win the division. We took on the arguably best team of 2018, performance-wise, at their place (although Packer fans damn near made it OUR place), and we coulda/woulda/shoulda won if not for Montgomery's colossal blunder.

I'm thinking at least a little bit positive after today's game(s).

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2018, 11:09 PM
It was a damn entertaining game.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-28-2018, 11:41 PM
Not sure what MM is saying here. I thing he's trying to say the plan is to take the touchback, but doesn't want to publicly say Monty went against the plan.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dqo1rk2UwAED6We.jpg

As a wise man once said, Dumb Mike doesn’t preach accountability. Wankers continue to repeat mistakes without fear of getting cut.

A wanker could pull a TJ Rubley, and McCarthy would still send said wanker back into the game.

bobblehead
10-29-2018, 12:13 AM

We talked about it as a team is coachspeak for "I said it to someone once during a practice or meeting or something"

ST coach has to be like a 1B coach. Before he heads out there you say to him "take the touchback if its there"

Fosco33
10-29-2018, 05:25 AM
I’m sure every team has dumb moments - but do the packers seem to have more of them?

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 05:41 AM
As a wise man once said, Dumb Mike doesn’t preach accountability. Wankers continue to repeat mistakes without fear of getting cut.

A wanker could pull a TJ Rubley, and McCarthy would still send said wanker back into the game.

That's why Bostick is still on the team

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 05:42 AM
It was a damn entertaining game.

+1 Absolutely.

oldbutnotdeadyet
10-29-2018, 07:32 AM
We lost another game we shoulda won, but a lot of young players stepped up, our D was not nearly as bad as it has been this season, and we still are right in the thick of it to win the division. We took on the arguably best team of 2018, performance-wise, at their place (although Packer fans damn near made it OUR place), and we coulda/woulda/shoulda won if not for Montgomery's colossal blunder.

I'm thinking at least a little bit positive after today's game(s).

Not to be a shitty fan or anything, but I actually hope they continue to lose the close games this year, continue to entertain, have the young folks continue to get better, get the high picks for the next draft, and then kick some ass next year.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:51 AM
M3 really has mastered coach speak. I have no idea if talked about it as a team means on the sideline before the KO or he means August 21 in a team practice.

red
10-29-2018, 08:14 AM
We talked about it as a team is coachspeak for "I said it to someone once during a practice or meeting or something"

ST coach has to be like a 1B coach. Before he heads out there you say to him "take the touchback if its there"

Exactly. I need to see the video, but the quote sure makes it look like he was trying to stumble his way through an excuse

ThunderDan
10-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Exactly. I need to see the video, but the quote sure makes it look like he was trying to stumble his way through an excuse
What is he supposed to say? Monty fucked up and he is stupid? You don't think Monty already feels like shit for what he did? What good is it if MM comes out and says it is all Monty's fault to the press? I'm guessing Monty had quite the uncomfortable plane ride home after the game yesterday. Personally, I liked ARod's quote. "Monty didn't cause us to lose but he did keep us from a chance to win."

Rand is completely correct on the 3rd down play before we punted at the end of the game. Devante came open right away across the middle. All Arod needed was 1.2 seconds and Taylor whiffed on Donald and it ended up a sack. Make that play and we aren't bitching about a fumbled kickoff.

To me there is nothing to be gained by going in front of the press and throwing a player under the bus. You might as well cut the player instead. That speaks louder than any press conference you can hold.

red
10-29-2018, 08:32 AM
What is he supposed to say? Monty fucked up and he is stupid? You don't think Monty already feels like shit for what he did? What good is it if MM comes out and says it is all Monty's fault to the press? I'm guessing Monty had quite the uncomfortable plane ride home after the game yesterday. Personally, I liked ARod's quote. "Monty didn't cause us to lose but he did keep us from a chance to win."

Rand is completely correct on the 3rd down play before we punted at the end of the game. Devante came open right away across the middle. All Arod needed was 1.2 seconds and Taylor whiffed on Donald and it ended up a sack. Make that play and we aren't bitching about a fumbled kickoff.

To me there is nothing to be gained by going in front of the press and throwing a player under the bus. You might as well cut the player instead. That speaks louder than any press conference you can hold.

i don't think mike is trying to pull ty out from under the bus

i think he's trying to save his own ass, and come up with an excuse for why he or his staff weren't in montys face before the kick telling him what to do

ThunderDan
10-29-2018, 08:34 AM
i think he's trying to save his own ass, and come up with an excuse for why he or his staff weren't in montys face before the kick telling him what to do
I don't think that for a minute.

Pugger
10-29-2018, 08:54 AM

From what I'm hearing this morning good ole #88 deliberately disobeyed orders bringing that ball out of the end zone. I pray his days in GB are numbered.

Fritz
10-29-2018, 08:57 AM
M3 really has mastered coach speak. I have no idea if talked about it as a team means on the sideline before the KO or he means August 21 in a team practice.

What was puzzling to me, and no one seems to be talking about this, was Rodgers's comment that maybe this loss would give the team a sense of urgency if it didn't have one already.

A sense of urgency? Really? That speaks to a weird team lockerroom.

It seems clear this team does not think itself as a premier team. It sees itself as competitive with anyone, but not in any way on the level of the elite teams. And the record suggests that is correct.

But this whole possible lack-of-urgency thing bugs me. Uh, guys, whatcha waiting for?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-29-2018, 08:58 AM
From what I'm hearing this morning good ole #88 deliberately disobeyed orders bringing that ball out of the end zone. I pray his days in GB are numbered.

Thanks Todd.

Bossman641
10-29-2018, 09:01 AM
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2018/10/29/18037438/packers-ty-montgomery-kick-return-fumble-rams-aaron-rodgers

Cut Montgomery.

Pugger
10-29-2018, 09:06 AM
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2018/10/29/18037438/packers-ty-montgomery-kick-return-fumble-rams-aaron-rodgers

Cut Montgomery.

This is the second source for this incidence and I believe it. I don't think he fumbled deliberately but he did disobey a direct order from his superiors and that alone should be enough for dismissal.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 09:08 AM
Here’s the source of all the rumors about hard feelings in the sideline. Silver quotes a couple players and a couple coaches all using language I have not heard from them previously. And I don’t mean the expurgated expletives. I mean the calling out of a player.

Silver has legit sources normally but this whole thing reads like APB’s Ted fiction. Just the whole worshipping of the failure to get Rodgers a chance at a 2 minute comeback. God I sound like Belichick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000980254/article/rodgers-doesnt-get-chance-at-hollywood-ending

pbmax
10-29-2018, 09:21 AM
One of the commenters makes a terrible point. Says the Packers have 10 point lead and should have held it. That isn’t going to work against the Rams. And the Packers scores 17 more points on a good defense.

But individual mistakes took away chances for more and that is how you lose a game when evenly matched.

gbgary
10-29-2018, 10:02 AM
a brandon bostick momment compounded by a tantrum. wouldn't be surprised if they cut him. remember the talk before the season about accountability.

Fosco33
10-29-2018, 10:20 AM
https://deadspin.com/ty-montgomery-went-rogue-1830069649?utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Fosco33
10-29-2018, 10:22 AM
What’s with the Pack and player drama? Damarious and now Ty? Seriously - trade his ass. He’s oft injured, unneeded (Jones and Williams are better) and he isn’t a WR.

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 10:24 AM
https://deadspin.com/ty-montgomery-went-rogue-1830069649?utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Montgomery did not speak to reporters after the game. Rodgers gets to go home and add to his years-long list of reasons why he’d be justified in murdering his teammates and coaches.

Barry Petchesky takes it up a notch or five

Anti-Polar Bear
10-29-2018, 11:14 AM
It is only me, or do other people also swear a lot, take long showers and eat excessively after a Packer loss?

red
10-29-2018, 11:32 AM
This is the second source for this incidence and I believe it. I don't think he fumbled deliberately but he did disobey a direct order from his superiors and that alone should be enough for dismissal.

Now I see a big problem

Don’t know how you can keep monty

George Cumby
10-29-2018, 12:59 PM
I’m sure every team has dumb moments - but do the packers seem to have more of them?

Sampling bias. You see more Packers games so you see more Packers errors.

Gotarace
10-29-2018, 01:36 PM
It will be a god damn shame if monty doesn't find the same doghouse that ended Rippers career....his ass should be out the door faster than a three dollar lot-lizard during a truck stop rush hour. I hope this stupidity has brought our running back by comity to a abrupt end.

denverYooper
10-29-2018, 02:28 PM
Bright side is we might see more Jones.

I wonder if Monty saw his role diminishing and tried to force something.

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 03:03 PM
Bright side is we might see more Jones.

I wonder if Monty saw his role diminishing and tried to force something.

A lot of teams are looking for disobedient, tantrum-throwing fumblers. Well, mostly just the Browns.

Joemailman
10-29-2018, 06:23 PM
Buying it?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqtLmKqX0AAnk8V.jpg

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 06:28 PM
^^^ I just don't care that much. Sure, buy it, move on to next week.

Joemailman
10-29-2018, 06:30 PM
Packers either need to get rid of Montgomery, or make it clear to all the players that they support him. Can't have teammates ripping each other in the press or on social media.

Josh Tolentino

@JCTSports
Packers Ty Montgomery asked if he was disappointed at teammates reactions: “100 percent. I’ve never been one to throw teammates under the bus.”

4:09 PM - Oct 29, 2018 · Green Bay, WI

Josh Tolentino

@JCTSports
Ty Montgomery: “The worst part about it is now I have to deal with this character stuff. And it’s coming from in house.”

4:11 PM - Oct 29, 2018 · Green Bay, WI

Josh Tolentino

@JCTSports
More Packers Ty Montgomery on reported teammate reactions about his fumble in LA: “We talk about being brothers. We talk about being family, keeping things in house, in house, this that and the other. Maybe that’s what they do with their family. That’s not what I do in mine.”

4:15 PM - Oct 29, 2018 · Green Bay, WI

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:00 PM
Barry Petchesky takes it up a notch or five

Rodgers is entering Favre hagiography territory. The one Super Bowl, the growing and overrated estimation of his comeback powers and overlooking his weaknesses while focusing on his teammates shortcomings.

red
10-29-2018, 07:01 PM
Buying it?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqtLmKqX0AAnk8V.jpg

i can buy it

if you watch the replay, he's looking up the whole time, and he's more like 1 yard deep not 2

i almost mentioned earlier that he might have just lost track of where he was. the last thing you would want in that situation is to field the ball and then look down to see you're standing on the goal line and you now have to take off

or to take a knee on the 1 inch line

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:03 PM
Monty taking some real heat on every front.

Packer Report @PackerReport
Between politics and sports, social media really has brought civilization to a new low. Here's Montgomery from today: "People are sending messages to my wife. People are making comments on posts about my son. I’m thoroughly pissed off at the state of humanity right now."

And he is staying on the team. Looks like McCarthy did not decide to throw him under the bus.

Packer Report: https://t.co/S7TBSNHv6s

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:06 PM
MM wouldn't say that Whitehead has leaped over Brice at safety, even though Whitehead played more snaps.

"I can't say enough about Jaire," MM says. "It clearly was an alpha performance."

MM on Montgomery's role, if any, going forward: "Play for one another," MM says of his message to team.

With that and some follow-ups, it seems clear there will be no move coming with Montgomery.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:11 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Montgomery: He 'never' disobeys what he's told https://ift.tt/2qj455U #Packers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqtPG4OWwAEC1Q8.jpg:large

Jim Owczarski @JimOwczarski
#Packers running back Ty Montgomery is disappointed an anonymous teammate questioned his character re: taking the kickoff out of the end zone. Said he wished that discussion was had face-to-face. Also visibly upset by the personal attacks/threats he and his family have received.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
Cornerback Tramon Williams said he had a long discussion with Montgomery after the game and said he’s certain Mintgomery did not return the kick out of the end zone for selfish reasons. He said also said he didn’t appreciate players talked anonymously.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:28 PM
Matthews had a good game (7 tackles, 1 sack, another QB hit and pressures).

But perhaps the most surprising thing this weekend was that Matthews was a captain after his ole effort last week (was TE Lance Kendricks (offense), LB Clay Matthews (defense) and LB James Crawford (special teams)).

red
10-29-2018, 07:38 PM
Matthews had a good game (7 tackles, 1 sack, another QB hit and pressures).

But perhaps the most surprising thing this weekend was that Matthews was a captain after his ole effort last week (was TE Lance Kendricks (offense), LB Clay Matthews (defense) and LB James Crawford (special teams)).

well, he should have been motivated, him and perry were playing in their old college stadium

of course no one in the gameday thread knew if perry actually played or not

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:39 PM
i can buy it

if you watch the replay, he's looking up the whole time, and he's more like 1 yard deep not 2

i almost mentioned earlier that he might have just lost track of where he was. the last thing you would want in that situation is to field the ball and then look down to see you're standing on the goal line and you now have to take off

or to take a knee on the 1 inch line

The one thing I can say is that you probably have to declare for the sake of your blocking before you catch. Which means a ball anywhere near the goal line (including 2 yards deep) is a judgement call. You decide not to run and then straddle the GL, or play footsie with it while trying to secure the ball are problematic to say the least.

Not being sure where Monty was when he caught it also would explain McCarthy's comments.

bobblehead
10-29-2018, 10:37 PM

I'm not buying it, but it could be true.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-29-2018, 11:54 PM

Between politics and sports, social media really has brought civilization to a new low. Here's Montgomery from today: "People are sending messages to my wife. People are making comments on posts about my son. I’m thoroughly pissed off at the state of humanity right now."

And he is staying on the team. Looks like McCarthy did not decide to throw him under the bus.

I’m still pissed at Monty, but unlike Tony ODay, I’d never throw any threats at any good, normal homo sapien.

Hell, I despised Polar Bearism, and I’ve never hurled any uncool threats at Todd. I do wish Todd woulda came out after Super Bowl 45, though. Woulda inspired a whole lotta downtrodden queens.

Freak Out
10-30-2018, 12:05 AM
Well how about don't fumble the fucking ball? I'm not buying it.

mraynrand
10-30-2018, 05:50 AM

This is strange. I've only found Twitter to be a friendly, life-affirming forum where people routinely encourage each other and celebrate the common, elevated nature of humanity.

Pugger
10-30-2018, 09:08 AM

Good God, people are sending him and his family these kind of messages? Those creeps need a life. We are passionate about the Packers but it is STILL JUST A GOD DAMN GAME.

Pugger
10-30-2018, 09:10 AM
I'm not buying it, but it could be true.

Evidently the stuff I was hearing was BS.

run pMc
10-30-2018, 09:47 AM
Running out of the end zone when it's iffy is annoying but shouldn't be a game breaker. Fumbling definitely is...that's the issue I have. That said, anyone making death threats and extending them to families is crazy and just...wow.

All that aside, there were some sloppy plays on O and D, but moreso on O...they left points on the field and weren't good on 3rd downs. The 3rd and 6 with 6 minutes left made me really mad...you can see Adams open on a slant.

pbmax
10-30-2018, 02:20 PM
Running out of the end zone when it's iffy is annoying but shouldn't be a game breaker. Fumbling definitely is...that's the issue I have. That said, anyone making death threats and extending them to families is crazy and just...wow.

All that aside, there were some sloppy plays on O and D, but moreso on O...they left points on the field and weren't good on 3rd downs. The 3rd and 6 with 6 minutes left made me really mad...you can see Adams open on a slant.

Agree whole-heartedly.

Bring Black Trevor Davis! The rich man's Jeff Janis.

pbmax
10-30-2018, 02:33 PM
Radio today with Jason Wilde. Its hysterical what will turn people around on the issue.

After his Monday locker room availability: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25121037/packers-ty-montgomery-admits-return-was-mistake

Wilde is now bent out of shape over the non-apology of it all and the logic of catching it. Isn't moved by the confirmation that they talked about keeping it in the end zone or the admission it was a judgement call on where the ball would hit and that he misjudged.

Wilde wanted a flat out apology like Brandon Bostick, which might have worked immediately after the game, but wasn't really what was driving events Monday after Silver's article.

But what gets my goat about Wilde is that he seemed to insist that there is no way to misjudge a kickoff headed to the end zone. That putting your feet on the goal line and waiting for the ball to come to him just like a punt (formerly at the 10 yard line and now at the 5) and letting it go if it wasn't in front of him is all you need to do.

The problem with this analysis is that a kickoff is not a punt. If you have any doubt about where its going to hit, you have to catch it because its a live ball. Monty said, and hasn't been contradicted yet, that the strategy was the same as other kickoffs. If he isn't instructed to stand on the goal line, why would he do that here? They trust his judgment on all the other kicks but this one is different?

People are getting their knickers in a twist by ignoring a simple fact: the problem was the fumble not the catch and run out.

Fosco33
10-30-2018, 02:33 PM
Traded to ravens for 2020 7th

Tony Oday
10-30-2018, 02:34 PM
More Banjo:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/saints-player-hit-beer-thrown-vikings-fan-dont-even-drink-221949572.html

MadScientist
10-30-2018, 03:05 PM
Threats and going after his family is total bullshit and needs to be stopped now.

As for the return, he's a fucking moron and deserved be dumped. The excuse that he wasn't sure how close he was to the goal line says he doesn't know the new rules. He should have lined up at the goal line. Unless he had to move up to catch it, let it bounce in the endzone and it is an automatic touchback. You don't have to cover it like you used to. You don't have to catch and take a knee. Let it bounce and be done with it.

edit - to reflect that he has been dumped.

call_me_ishmael
10-30-2018, 03:07 PM
Remember when I did the detailed draft analysis and some bozos said it wasn't good?

Turns out it was spot on and jives very well with why the Packers are where they are.

This is startling.

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1057361968867229696

Here's what the #Packers roster presently includes from the 2013-15 draft classes:

David Bakhtiari
Corey Linsley
Davante Adams

That's it. All three first-round picks from those years have been jettisoned.

Yeesh. 2012 is bad too IIRC.

Unpopular fact: Ted Thompson absolutely gutted this team over the past 4-5 years.

gbgary
10-30-2018, 03:11 PM
Danter Fowler was traded to the Rams. the Packers were in the mix but didn't have the guts to offer what it would take to close the deal...again.

pbmax
10-30-2018, 03:13 PM
Threats and going after his family is total bullshit and needs to be stopped now.

As for the return, he's a fucking moron and deserved be dumped. The excuse that he wasn't sure how close he was to the goal line says he doesn't know the new rules. He should have lined up at the goal line. Unless he had to move up to catch it, let it bounce in the endzone and it is an automatic touchback. You don't have to cover it like you used to. You don't have to catch and take a knee. Let it bounce and be done with it.

edit - to reflect that he has been dumped.

If this is the preferred method, why do no returners I have watched do it?

Am I just missing it?

MadScientist
10-30-2018, 03:31 PM
If this is the preferred method, why do no returners I have watched do it?

Am I just missing it?

I have seen some just let it bounce in the endzone, but it is a new rule, and possibly hasn't been drilled into people as much. Also catching it does give you the option of returning it, so most times a player will try to catch it.

Carrying the ball with one hand with your arm extended during contact on a return should never be a thing. If you can't fix stupid, trading it is the next best thing.

pbmax
10-30-2018, 04:16 PM
Remember when I did the detailed draft analysis and some bozos said it wasn't good?

Turns out it was spot on and jives very well with why the Packers are where they are.

This is startling.

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1057361968867229696

Yeesh. 2012 is bad too IIRC.

Unpopular fact: Ted Thompson absolutely gutted this team over the past 4-5 years.

Looking forward to the Top Ten pick.

pbmax
10-30-2018, 04:20 PM
I have seen some just let it bounce in the endzone, but it is a new rule, and possibly hasn't been drilled into people as much. Also catching it does give you the option of returning it, so most times a player will try to catch it.

Carrying the ball with one hand with your arm extended during contact on a return should never be a thing. If you can't fix stupid, trading it is the next best thing.

I can't say why they are more careful with this than punts, but I haven't seen anyone do the stand on the goal line move.

I am open to being wrong (especially so now that they have dumped him) but I haven't seen a convincing explanation yet. Wilde thought this should be the case, but its still not happening often. Most of the time, they are 3 yards deep and then making a decision.

pbmax
10-30-2018, 04:21 PM
More moves, but they did not sign the DE/OLB guy they worked out today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqyQMoxW4AA4eoM.jpg:large