PDA

View Full Version : packers trying to trade HaHa

red
10-29-2018, 08:26 AM
guess the packers are actively shopping him and teams are interested

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1056895477235486722

ThunderDan
10-29-2018, 08:33 AM
If we can get fair value I have no problem trading Clinton-Dix.

I love how they only show "good" highlights on those little clips. Not HaHa diving at players ankles and missing the tackle.

red
10-29-2018, 08:36 AM
If we can get fair value I have no problem trading Clinton-Dix.

I love how they only show "good" highlights on those little clips. Not HaHa diving at players ankles and missing the tackle.

yeah, we're gonna lose him after the season anyways. i don't see us paying him pro bowl safety money with the way hes been playing

what do you think fair value is? a second? 3rd?

ThunderDan
10-29-2018, 08:44 AM
Safeties were not in high demand last offseason in free agency. Maybe a 2nd rounder from a team in contention. That would be a pick between 50-64 next year. Maybe a 3rd but I don't think a late 3rd rounder is right.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-29-2018, 08:54 AM
Dix, Monty and a 1st and 3rd to Arizona for P-Peter and D-John.

ThunderDan
10-29-2018, 09:03 AM

Go away and keep playing Madden franchise mode in your mom's basement.

gbgary
10-29-2018, 09:50 AM
unless a team is totally desperate who would want him? he's a meh as they come.

ThunderDan
10-29-2018, 09:55 AM
unless a team is totally desperate nobody would want him. he's a meh as they come.

That's the thing. Look at the playoff teams and see who has bad safety play. HaHa's value, even if he was under contract, goes way down after the season with the flood of FA and potential draft picks.

Pugger
10-29-2018, 10:04 AM
unless a team is totally desperate who would want him? he's a meh as they come.

If he is as meh as you suggest why is he garnering interest from other teams?

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 10:16 AM

maybe that's just agent-driven gossip?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-29-2018, 11:27 AM
Go away and keep playing Madden franchise mode in your mom's basement.

Sorry to disappoint you, but my father kicked me out the day I was dishonorably discharged from the mental institution with a couple of worthless pieces of papers. It's been a struggle ever since. I'm flipping burgers for the minimum-wage, literally AND figuratively, just to live alone in a crappy gnats (I think)-infested apartment.

Don't worry about me. Once Game of Thrones concludes, I'm marching to Venezuela. Rand even has a plane ticket waiting for me.

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 11:37 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but my father kicked me out the day I was dishonorably discharged from the mental institution with a couple of worthless pieces of papers. It's been a struggle ever since. I'm flipping burgers for the minimum-wage, literally AND figuratively, just to live alone in a crappy gnats (I think)-infested apartment.

Don't worry about me. Once Game of Thrones concludes, I'm marching to Venezuela. Rand even has a plane ticket waiting for me.

You better make up your mind. I'm not sure commercial planes are even flying into that country anymore.

Tony Oday
10-29-2018, 11:43 AM
You better make up your mind. I'm not sure commercial planes are even flying into that country anymore.

I don't even think they have the technology to remember what a plane is...

HarveyWallbangers
10-29-2018, 12:41 PM
No way they'd get a 2nd round pick for him, not with his impending free agency. They'll be lucky to get a 3rd.

George Cumby
10-29-2018, 12:52 PM

Wtf are you smoking?

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 01:09 PM
Wtf are you smoking?

He apparently is swearing, showering and over-eating

George Cumby
10-29-2018, 01:11 PM
In that order? While smoking?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-29-2018, 01:18 PM

Imma fly to Colombia, snort their finest coke then march into Veney.

Fritz
10-29-2018, 01:25 PM
What can you get for him? An OLB who can sack the QB?

denverYooper
10-29-2018, 02:32 PM
What can you get for him? An OLB who can sack the QB?

It had better be someone like this because they would be looking at being down to 0 reliable safeties and not forcing the ball out fast would be an adventure.

mission
10-29-2018, 02:40 PM
2nd or 3rd round pick for half a season with this guy? I'd be AMAZED if they got a 5th rounder, truthfully.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 03:32 PM

Just give him the DB Cooper ticket.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 03:33 PM
I am not excited unless this means they are finally going to play Jones and see what he can do in this defense. Let Brice and his speed play deep.

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 03:36 PM
I am not excited unless this means they are finally going to play Jones and see what he can do in this defense. Let Brice and his speed play deep.

This could work. Whitehead was just so-so yesterday.

red
10-29-2018, 03:39 PM

its still pretty nuts that jones can't get on the field imo

gbgary
10-29-2018, 04:26 PM

as mr rand said that may just be agent speak but if he is getting interest it's got to be from someone who has a safety that's below average because average (maybe slightly below average) is what HA HA is. he's an upgrade for some teams, a downgrade for some, and a lateral move for others. if anyone CAN'T wait to trade for him (lol) all they'll get is a 5th or 6th.

2nd or 3rd round pick for half a season with this guy? I'd be AMAZED if they got a 5th rounder, truthfully.

yup

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 04:29 PM
but if he is getting interest it's got to be from someone who has a safety that's below average

Kinda sounds like Damarious Randall

gbgary
10-29-2018, 04:34 PM

did we ever really see him at safety? seems like it was almost always as slot cb.

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 06:07 PM
Just give him the DB Cooper ticket.

I was thinking more like Bane, opening sequence Dark Knight Rises, letting his fellow terrorist bite the dust. But what the heck, give 'em a 'chute.

mraynrand
10-29-2018, 06:08 PM
did we ever really see him at safety? seems like it was almost always as slot cb.

He ain't too hot in Cleveland is what I'm saying.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:41 PM
It had better be someone like this because they would be looking at being down to 0 reliable safeties and not forcing the ball out fast would be an adventure.

Thank you Norman Vincent Peale!

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:43 PM
This could work. Whitehead was just so-so yesterday.

I was going to say that possibly, according to former Kremlin-ologists who reviewed McCarthy's press conference today, Brice might already be out of a job.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:44 PM

I also thought Randall was the guy behind the Monty quotes to Silver. Guy is busy with everything but football.

pbmax
10-29-2018, 07:45 PM
I was thinking more like Bane, opening sequence Dark Knight Rises, letting his fellow terrorist bite the dust. But what the heck, give 'em a 'chute.

Since he knows where he is going, he needs the assurance.

deake
10-30-2018, 03:00 PM
According to Adam he's gone to Washington.

jklowan
10-30-2018, 03:02 PM
what did we get for him?

pbmax
10-30-2018, 03:04 PM
A fourth.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Comp update: Redskins traded a 2019 fourth-round pick to Packers for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, per source.

Still the better question is who starts next week? Whitehead and Brice? Or does Jones play? Or does Breeland, now with several weeks of practice, step in somehow as Hyde nickel CB/safety?

jklowan
10-30-2018, 03:05 PM
Green Bay will receive a 2019 fourth-round pick, Tom Pelissero of NFL.com

pbmax
10-30-2018, 03:10 PM
Best paragraph ever written about HaHa's tenure.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was polarizing. His availability was second to none: He played every snap in every game. But the inconsistency was troubling, and there were times when he made excuses or shifted blame elsewhere. His comments about free agency probably didn't help. #Packers

deake
10-30-2018, 03:13 PM
Maybe Williams? Wow 2 trades in one day, what's happening to our Packers.

MadScientist
10-30-2018, 03:52 PM
Maybe Williams? Wow 2 trades in one day, what's happening to our Packers.

Well the trade deadline was today. Monte was going to get cut, so a 2020 7th is better than nothing (barely). Ha Ha was done after this year and his inconsistent play was a problem. They are unlikely to miss him too much. These moves might light a fire under some fringe or under preforming players. Play to the level they expect from you or find yourself elsewhere.

The Packers need a lot of help, so an extra pick is a good thing, and if he played out the year, they probably would have picked up a 5th in 2020 under the comp formula, unless Gute signs some players, in which case they would get nothing.