PDA

View Full Version : It's my fault guys, i'm sorry

red
09-10-2006, 09:33 AM
last year, early on in the season...........

the bill started to tear off my lucky packer hat that i've worn for all games since 1999

i didn't fix it, and i haven't found a suitable replacement for it

i am about 99.95% certain that this was the reason for the poor season last year ad the ugly preseason this year

i'm going to try and put some duct tape on it to fix it before the game today, and i would hope this would work

again, my bad

mraynrand
09-10-2006, 09:35 AM

the bill started to tear off my lucky packer hat that i've worn for all games since 1999

i am about 99.95% certain that this was the reason for the poor season last year ad the ugly preseason this year

i'm going to try and put some duct tape on it to fix it before the game today, and i would hope this would work

again, my bad

LOL

Rastak
09-10-2006, 09:36 AM

again, my bad

If Tex were here he'd probably jump on that theory and agree with it!

Homer Jay
09-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Ah, duct tape. The handyman's helper to the rescue.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Duct tape, staple gun, needle and thread...whatever it takes, Red.

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Hell, don't apologize to us. Tell it to Shermy.

Fosco33
09-10-2006, 09:40 AM
To be fair to Red, it's really my fault.

You see, I had this tiny nurf Packer fball since '92 and I left it in WI (I usually nervously toss it about during games). I was home last week and brought it back. See I'm fricken :crazy:

mmmdk
09-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Hell, don't apologize to us. Tell it to Shermy.

Who needs Shermy...but you can leave the hat on; 2006 until the year 2525! :lol:

Patler
09-10-2006, 09:52 AM

again, my bad

So, in other words, your hat was just beginning to develope some CHARACTER, and you dumped it for the season?

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ? ? ? :mrgreen:

red
09-10-2006, 09:54 AM

again, my bad

So, in other words, your hat was just beginning to develope some CHARACTER, and you dumped it for the season?

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ? ? ? :mrgreen:

no no, i just don't dump the lucky hat. i wore it all season,with the hope it would spark back to life. i did wear it to lambeau for the seahawks game last year, and it seemed to come back to life, because we won

but just to be safe, i think i'll try and fix it

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Actually, It's kinda my fault.

You see the day before the Packer/Viking at Lambeau in the 2004 season I went to Disney World. I was riding Splash Mountain, but I had forgotten to take of my lucky Packer Hat. Well I went down the big drop, and it flew off my head, never to be seen again. Ever since that day the Packers have been playing like crap. But, I'm about to deliver a really good a pep talk to my jersey :wink: so hopefully I'll light a fire under our asses, and we'll win.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 10:19 AM
This is how I lost it....

http://www.amusementpics.com/Wallpapers/Splash%20Mountain%20800.jpg

red
09-10-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm about to deliver a really good a pep talk to my jersey :wink: so hopefully I'll light a fire under our asses, and we'll win.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbgary
09-10-2006, 10:25 AM

whew! i thought it was me and the loss of my lucky t-shirt. glad you fessed-up.

Tarlam!
09-10-2006, 10:47 AM
I am fault.

I just know I am. It ALWAYS my fault. ALWAYS. Red, actually, it IS your fault, I was only trying to be nice!!!!

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Game-day decisionmaking guys...Do I wear my faithful Pack t-shirt that I've been wearing since 1994 and is starting to develop a couple of holes in it, or do I use the spiffy new jersey that I picked up on last year's trip to WI? Old faithful has seen me through the SB years, but it was also what I was wearing last year. Its good mojo couldn't possibly have worn off, could it?

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 11:00 AM
What player is on the jersey?

mmmdk
09-10-2006, 11:01 AM
This very second I put my Packers T-shirt on that I wore during our SB win season plus the SB itself. It's size L but I'm a wee bit more of a XL guy now :oops: It feels good though - now do your magic! :mrgreen:

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 11:03 AM
I suppose if I tell y'all that what you wear has no actual effect on the outcome of the game, you'll accuse me of bursting your bubble again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 11:07 AM
What player is on the jersey?

Number 4, of course. I needed to get a new one so it would last 'til the induction.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 11:10 AM
MJ, Let's see what Favre thinks....

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/may06/favre50606-200.jpg
Trust in thy jersey, and I will deliver victory to ye.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 11:11 AM
That is awesome, Ballhawk. Love it.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks.

red
09-10-2006, 11:59 AM
ok guys, i have an update, i know many of you are waiting for word on the status of my hat

after reviewing the situation for awhile i decided NOT to go with the duct tape

instead.....and this should show my absolute level of commitment to the team and its fans.......

i sewed......

it was a long and difficult procedure. there was a lot of swearing, quite a bit of blood, and a lot of beer drank

but as of this moment i can say that the hat is in stable condition, and holding together well. the hat might not be as strong as it once was......but it should be stong enough to give us a win today

the hat spoke to me right before i put it on, and it said, "the bears still suck" and "go pack go"

i think we'll be alright today guys

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Way to go Red!

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 12:08 PM
ok guys, i have an update, i know many of you are waiting for word on the status of my hat

after reviewing the situation for awhile i decided NOT to go with the duct tape

instead.....and this should show my absolute level of commitment to the team and its fans.......

i sewed......

You're gonna get a lot of needling over this.