PDA

View Full Version : Whitehead: WTF?

Harlan Huckleby
11-06-2018, 10:25 PM
Is it because of that nothin catfight he got ejected for?

Do packers really have players better than both Whitehead and Dix ready to go?

Is this a rebuilding year?

pbmax
11-06-2018, 10:51 PM
It’s a message year. Stop Making Stupid.

Harlan Huckleby
11-06-2018, 10:57 PM

I didn't see Whitehead's reaction there as deeply stupid. A fucker bigger than him gave a hard shove to his chest. He reacted and slapped the oaf in the face mask. It was stupid. But I do something that stupid on an hourly basis. If the referee makes an appropriate call, is Whitehead released?

Well, I guess even given the above complaint, it still could be a message sender. When your secondary is already thin, I get the unattended message that team is throwing in towel for 2018.

mraynrand
11-06-2018, 11:05 PM
When your secondary is already thin, I get the unattended message that team is throwing in towel for 2018.

How do you know Breland and/or the practice squad third round pick aren't better.

Still, I think your other point is valid - Packers are accumulating picks and going for a big re-tool in 2019. Should be able to put a good three year run together, if their picks are any good.

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2018, 12:48 AM
I'm open to the idea that in net effect, the Packers are better off, especially because of the Clinton-Dix trade. Breeland looked good, and Tramon was probably better at Safety than HHCD. But just throwing away Whitehead seems stupid - even if Campbell Josh Jones can come in and do the same things as well as Whitehead did - and that is far from a sure thing.

run pMc
11-07-2018, 07:22 AM
I thought Breeland got tested/picked on a bit -- his 4.6 speed showed trying to cover Josh Gordon. Still, he's no worse than House, and probably an upgrade, so there's that.
I do agree that Tramon filled in a S about as ably as HHCD...right down to the missed tackle leading to the final NE TD. Tramon's smart and the team respects him, and is a good mentor for all those young CBs that need to learn to be pros.

I was never a big fan of Whitehead, but if he was reliable and at least as good of an athlete as HHCD then I don't know why they flat out cut him. I imagine there's more to the story than the penalty. It sure wasn't about cap space.

red
11-07-2018, 08:13 AM
its kinda amazing how mccarthy is almost being forced by his GM to play jones by getting rid of all the options. and fat mike still tried to get around it by plaing CB's out of position

mraynrand
11-07-2018, 08:20 AM
its kinda amazing how mccarthy is almost being forced by his GM to play jones by getting rid of all the options. and fat mike still tried to get around it by plaing CB's out of position

Isn't that how he got King hurt?

red
11-07-2018, 08:32 AM
Isn't that how he got King hurt?

in all honesty, kings gonna get hurt no matter where he plays

mraynrand
11-07-2018, 08:35 AM

Fact check: mostly true

George Cumby
11-07-2018, 10:02 AM
How do you know Breland and/or the practice squad third round pick aren't better.

Still, I think your other point is valid - Packers are accumulating picks and going for a big re-tool in 2019. Should be able to put a good three year run together, if their picks are any good.

If.

denverYooper
11-07-2018, 10:36 AM

Yeah.

It's not like they were winning games because of these guys so might as well shake things up at the margins.

pbmax
11-07-2018, 06:19 PM
If the announcers were right, Josh Jackson might be a safety next year.

Both Al and Chris said this was the message they got.

Fosco33
11-08-2018, 05:30 AM

Aren’t we glad we got king/beigel instead of TJ...