PDA

View Full Version : Official Dolphins Chatter

pbmax
11-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Silverstein reviews Whitehead's dismissal and concludes discipline was a part of it, but a shrinking DB corp was also a problem, especially at safety. Playing dumb is no way to keep a roster spot when the numbers are against your spot and they are deep at your skill set.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/11/06/exploring-why-packers-moved-safety-jermaine-whitehead/1905501002/

1. King (hammy) is hurt and so is Brice (knee). King considered not likely to play this week, so Tramontana might have to go back to corner. Still need a deep safety and they are thin there even if Brice plays.
2. Next two guys up, the Joshes, can fill in for Whitehead inside (ILB and slot corner) but not deep safety.
3. Because of #2, Whitehead was most expendable. He is not considered a true deep safety, even if he was the smartest guy back there.
4. Waivers provided an actual safety, Ibraheim Campbell, who can play deep and played for Pettine in Cleveland.
5. PS could bolster the CB position from a depth standpoint, with Will Redmond (5-11, 186 and supposed 4.4 speed) off the PS.

pbmax
11-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Tom Pelissero
Discipline remains possible for #Dolphins safety Reshad Jones, who will have to earn back trust after putting teammates in a bad spot by benching himself Sunday. @nflnetwork

Tony Oday
11-08-2018, 09:25 AM
I am guessing Jones gets over 100 yards and a TD and AR throws 300 and 3 TDs

Anti-Polar Bear
11-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Oswieler will start for da Fins. Mike Sherman’s Tannehill is out again.

mraynrand
11-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Rotweiller is playing better than when he rolled into town with the Texans a couple years back. But that game was one of his better performances of that season. Astonishing.

Fritz
11-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Tom Pelissero
Discipline remains possible for #Dolphins safety Reshad Jones, who will have to earn back trust after putting teammates in a bad spot by benching himself Sunday. @nflnetwork

He benched himself? Why? Was he mad at himself for not hustling or for committing a dumb penalty, or did he simply feel like the next guy up was playing better than he was?

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Is Tony Brown still around? I thought he looked decent. I hope he gets another chance to get on the field. With the zero tolerance way the Packers have been dealing with mistakes, though, who knows.

mraynrand
11-08-2018, 02:36 PM
He benched himself? Why? Was he mad at himself for not hustling or for committing a dumb penalty, or did he simply feel like the next guy up was playing better than he was?

he came really close to trading himself to the Ravens

pbmax
11-08-2018, 02:50 PM

Until reported otherwise, I am going with a bout of ennui.

pbmax
11-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Maybe they cancel the game?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drgi0BwXQAEIwOl.jpg:large

Fritz
11-08-2018, 05:27 PM
How often is the other team's injury list longer than Green Bay's?

bobblehead
11-10-2018, 10:23 AM
I am guessing Jones gets over 100 yards and a TD and AR throws 300 and 3 TDs

So you think Jones averages 12 yards a carry? Nice!!

red
11-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Silverstein reviews Whitehead's dismissal and concludes discipline was a part of it, but a shrinking DB corp was also a problem, especially at safety. Playing dumb is no way to keep a roster spot when the numbers are against your spot and they are deep at your skill set.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/11/06/exploring-why-packers-moved-safety-jermaine-whitehead/1905501002/

1. King (hammy) is hurt and so is Brice (knee). King considered not likely to play this week, so Tramontana might have to go back to corner. Still need a deep safety and they are thin there even if Brice plays.
2. Next two guys up, the Joshes, can fill in for Whitehead inside (ILB and slot corner) but not deep safety.
3. Because of #2, Whitehead was most expendable. He is not considered a true deep safety, even if he was the smartest guy back there.
4. Waivers provided an actual safety, Ibraheim Campbell, who can play deep and played for Pettine in Cleveland.
5. PS could bolster the CB position from a depth standpoint, with Will Redmond (5-11, 186 and supposed 4.4 speed) off the PS.

its just pretty dumb that they trade the starter one week, and then cut his replacement the next, with no other FS on the roster

tramon and jackson did make some plays last week at the position, but they also blew their fair share of plays

we are not in an ideal situation

red
11-10-2018, 05:04 PM

he could break a 40 yarder then he just has to average 6 yards on his other 10 carries

Pugger
11-11-2018, 07:48 AM
its just pretty dumb that they trade the starter one week, and then cut his replacement the next, with no other FS on the roster

tramon and jackson did make some plays last week at the position, but they also blew their fair share of plays

we are not in an ideal situation

You have to wonder what was going on with Whitehead. It couldn't be just because he got booted from that game.

Joemailman
11-11-2018, 08:20 AM
You have to wonder what was going on with Whitehead. It couldn't be just because he got booted from that game.
Probably a combo of things. Campbell was a 4th round pick a few years ago. Maybe they liked Campbell then and saw an opportunity to replace Whitehead with a more talented player.

mraynrand
11-11-2018, 10:52 AM

That's old news.

Who will get cut/traded after today's game?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-11-2018, 12:32 PM
That's old news.

I’m a proponent of a week 10 trade deadline. unfortunately the current deadline has expired.

I’m also a proponent of cutting McCarthy today. Bring in Jenny McCarthy to coach the team for the reminder of season. Then tap either J-Mac or Norm Chow for the “permanent” gig.

Teamcheez1
11-11-2018, 01:02 PM
That's old news.

This should be a separate thread. I expect at least one player to be cut or IR'd every week through the end of the season.

bobblehead
11-11-2018, 08:20 PM

Didn't miss by much.

smuggler
11-12-2018, 12:38 PM

Near prophetic.

texaspackerbacker
11-12-2018, 12:51 PM
I've finally come around to agreeing that Jones should be the primary RB and Williams the change of pace, although I'd still like to see Jones have that kind of success against a better run defense.

bobblehead
11-12-2018, 01:57 PM
he could break a 40 yarder then he just has to average 6 yards on his other 10 carries

Also a very good call.